Speaker 1: Hello, oh boy, I just got to let you know, do or do not?
Speaker 2: There is no true If we did an episode where I never spoke, I just spoke with the sound machine, like all of my comments.
Speaker 1: I would hate that episode. Really, I would hate that episode with a passion.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just try a quick experiment, like you say, like, ask me a question.
Speaker 1: Was your weekend? Zach?
Speaker 3: Mm?
Speaker 2: Wait one more, ask me a good question? Wait, hold on, I gotta get this part set up. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: You digging into T mobile commercials that are wait no, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's commercial related.
Speaker 1: Them. T Mobile commercials are funny.
Speaker 2: They're very funny. I know we're biased, but I think they're funny.
Speaker 1: Holy cow, we did it again, guys, we did it again, playing them a lot. Yeah, they are.
Speaker 2: I hope people don't.
Speaker 1: Get see too. Please don't don't. Don't run away.
Speaker 2: It's not our fault. We don't put them. We're not the ones who say put it on every single commercial break.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but it literally literally literally literal. I'm like Daffy Duck. It's literally on like all the time.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, but I think it's funny. At least, you know, at least it's not a dumb commercial. It makes me giggle every time I see it. But again, I realize I'm biased when you say when you say the gum was under your seat, Joelle, you've seen it yet.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen the newest one yet. No, but I don't. I don't watch the TV.
Speaker 2: You watched Joey Daschanel's commercials.
Speaker 1: I have not seen a.
Speaker 4: New commercial from her either. I don't. I don't know. I'm on the streaming. I don't have that ads there.
Speaker 2: Oh right, yeah, I mean, in your defense, Joelle, they mostly play I mean when you see someone who watches live events, like like sports. And every time I got one on the SNL, the SNL, the SNL. It was the first commercial on NBC of the SNL anniversary and that was that was the first.
Speaker 1: Time it was like we were part of the SNL.
Speaker 2: In our minds. We got to be a part of Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And it came on like every commercial.
Speaker 2: Was Eddie Murphy doing Tracy Morgan.
Speaker 1: That was hilarious.
Speaker 2: That was my favorite part, I think.
Speaker 1: No, my favorite part was, uh was Will Farrell and a guy sty are doing? They not like us, They're not like.
Speaker 2: What about that was the music one though, was not the music one.
Speaker 1: And the other one that was funny was was Sabrina Carpenter and them doing the wedding the wedding reception, uh thing with the bride. Yeah, the brides maids and then Molly Shannon and the mom and and uh and and uh.
Speaker 2: What about Eddie doing Scared Straight? That was funny.
Speaker 1: That was hilarious too with Will Ferrell. Yeah, Will Ferrell, you know, he's a he's both of them geez straight on geez both.
Speaker 2: Like the biggest you know, you know, two of the biggest success stories that came out of U S and O.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'd like to see them do a movie together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. I'm sure everyone was thinking, like, finally together, those guys got to do something. Yea, what's going on, Joelle?
Speaker 4: Not much?
Speaker 5: Man, Saturday, Get excited for concert season. You have a big show coming up.
Speaker 2: I do a big show coming When is this air? By the way, because I have an announcement to make, but I'm worried that I'll be ruining it. Tell me yeah, Mark, twenty ninth, we have the Big Garden State Concert, all going to charity for the midnight mission, and Donald Fazon has agreed to introduce a band with me.
Speaker 1: I'm introducing probably ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: That's not true. We're probably introduced Carry Brothers because Cary Brotheres Carry Brothers requested that you and I introduced.
Speaker 1: Him Carry Brothers. I just want to sing a song for you, yea, I remember. Look man, I still don't think he knows a song. It's Tracy Morgan. I still believe he doesn't know the song wishing of a wise man to tell you a lie? What you say after that? Do wind the broad Tone Spring. That's what it sounds like, he said, when the broad tonge Spring.
Speaker 2: Now, listen, we're gonna be in front of six thousand people. I need you to hold it together. You can't go rogue. We don't have Daniel there to be like cut that Daniel.
Speaker 1: So I can't say nothing crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joelle, are you coming? You're invited?
Speaker 1: You know I did.
Speaker 4: I was invited. I would absolutely show up. That sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: I think Mark, my assistant, made sure that you had a seat because Daniel, you would have been invited. But you don't live here. But Joel, I think Mark has got.
Speaker 4: You I'll follow up with Mark.
Speaker 1: Then if you would have said to Dan will come through, I bet you he would have made it.
Speaker 2: Well. I don't want to ask, you know, to fly in, and I don't think I have any more seats anyway. But Mark was looking out for you, Joelle. Mark was looking out for you, Joel. I had a woman who works for Bill's company who I needed her to get me an answer on something. And she was like, because the tickets are just all gone. And she's like, i'll give you that answer like tomorrow if you get me two tickets from me and my husband's reguards a concert. And I was kind I was kind of flippantly like, yeah, I actually I can't plan my spring until you tell me the dates of X, Y and Z. And she's like, I'm on it. Literally an hour later, he's like, here's all the information. It's confirmed, these are the dates. Two tickets please.
Speaker 1: Yep. That's how it goes, that's how it goes in demand. Brody mcdotie, you got a hot you got a hot ticket. Wait wait, I can make it. Your concert is a hot ticket.
Speaker 2: I can make a big announcement here, Joelle. If you tell me when this airs. Oh then guys, you'll have known this if you really follow us on social media. But so we did this amazing deal with this company called Veeps and they shoot the event with ten cameras, beautiful cranes, drones like steady cam. It's like incredibly shot. And then a week later, anywhere in the world you can stream the concert. It's nineteen bucks or so. And here's the great thing, thanks to our partners at t Mobile, every single cent of your ticket price goes to the Midnight Mission, our charity partner for the event. Not amazing, wish, No, it's so great because there were so many people who wanted to go, who couldn't go. The venue only see six thousand people, and there was such incredible interest from all over the world. And this enables people to see the show. And then I was really thanks to Team Mobile for real, like they came through because it's expensive to shoot it and with ten cameras and a huge crew, but they are covering all the production costs, which means that every single cent of your ticket price goes to the charity.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: What the charity is.
Speaker 2: The charity is the Mission, which is for those of you who don't live in LA. It's like the oldest mission in downtown LA takes care of anyone with any needs who are living on the street, whether it be food, whether a bed, whether it's a drug rehabilitation, mental illness. They guarantee everyone food and a place to sleep, and they will take care of you if you are in need and unhoused in Los Angeles. And now more than ever, they're helping people with all these fires, people who have been who have been devastated by the fires and need need a meal or need a bed. It's just an incredible organization. They have like one hundred, a rating of one hundred on Charity Navigator, all those all those sites that rate charities. They're just incredible. And you know, we have a real problem with people not having housing in Los Angeles, so it just felt like the most appropriate charity to me.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 5: That's beautiful, What a great way to share anybody available? Now, where can people get ticks? Remind them if.
Speaker 2: If everyone goes to veeps dot com, v E e p s dot com, I don't have the and just search for the Garden State Concert. I'm sure it'll be up there. But V E E P s dot com and the show's March twenty ninth. It won't be up there because we're not streaming it live that we didn't have the capacity to do. But it'll be up there as of April sixth, which is my birthday.
Speaker 1: Coincidentally, Happy motherfucking birthday. Wait, it's not yet, not yet. Your birthday's coming soon.
Speaker 2: I know. And I don't even think I'm gonna be able to have a shin dig machine. Ing's gonna have to be belated or something.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to shin dig something or another. Brody no, brother, I got turned fifty.
Speaker 2: Once, I know, But I just I'm very blessed to have a bit of a traffic jam with work, and I'm so grateful for that. And I don't really see how I'm going to throw it right now.
Speaker 1: You know what, the best thing ever is working on your birthday. A lot of people poo poo on that shit. I think that's the best.
Speaker 2: Way you have to add the caveat that you love what you do. A lot of people don't love get the luxury of loving what they do, so working on their birthday sucks. But you happen to be someone who loves your job.
Speaker 1: I love to work on my birthday. It means in me, I like to work on my birthday. And I like to work around the New Year, you know, I mean because it sets the year off right, and then it also sets your trip around the sun. Your next trip around the Sun is setting it off with a bang.
Speaker 2: I've been hanging out with your buddy, Harrison Ford. I don't like you right now directing Shrinking so good this season.
Speaker 1: Mike, I don't like you right now.
Speaker 2: For Jessica Williams, she she just brought it the other day. That cast is so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so talented. The winning awards, finally they're finally winning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael Urie won the Critics Choice Award. I'm really happy for him, and just everyone is on this cast is so talented. And Jessica had a monologue the other day. Everyone was just like Jaws on the floor, like fucking hell. These these people are so talented. I love I love work on the show. It's so fun.
Speaker 4: You got two episodes this season, right.
Speaker 2: I'm directing episodes three and four this season.
Speaker 1: As Harrison never come to the set with a fedora on. Do you mean like the Raiders one like Indiana Jones.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he wears sort of a bit of a Fedora esque cat in some scenes when he's giving therapy on the bench. That's a bit of a of a running joke on the show. But no, he does never want an Indiana Jones style hat.
Speaker 1: What about a bullwhip? Y'all? Ever put a bullwhip in his hand? No?
Speaker 2: I don't think there's been any scenes where the elderly psychologist has a bullwhip.
Speaker 1: Does he still have that scar on his chin?
Speaker 2: Why did it? He has a scarnish chin. I never noticed it is his gardish chin.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you know that's a very iconic scar. Is it still there?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Donald I p personally have not.
Speaker 1: Does he still point a lot when he's talking to people? Does he still do the point the point? No, but he doesn't do the point. No.
Speaker 2: But he's very funny and he's very nice, and he loves working on the show. He you know, he it's great because he just he's not doing It's not like he's there like like this is just a job. He loves it. He loves funny, he loves when he get laughs. He's just he's just an awesome.
Speaker 1: Dude, you know I love him.
Speaker 2: Did you end up watching the Red Hulk movie or.
Speaker 1: No, I've not seen the Red Hulk. That's exactly what I hear it is. I hear it's not a Captain America. It's a Hulk movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh really?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm That's what i'm that's what I'm learning, which is very interesting. And also, you know, a lot of people poop pooed on it when it came out, and then there are a lot of people that are saying, see it again. It's a lot better the second time, is what I've heard.
Speaker 2: But you haven't been yet once and you love the Marvel verse.
Speaker 1: It just sounds, you know, it just sounds like, Uh, here's the thing. I want Anthony Mackie to be a dope Captain America. And if I go to this movie and he's not a dope Captain America, I'm gonna be pissed off. Okay, you know what I mean. And that's just what it is. I think it's a very awesome mantle to have, you know, or opportunity however you want to look at it. It's a great it's a great role to have, and I just don't want them to do him dirty. Man, Like I personally feel like he should be just as dope as the Chris Evans version of Captain America. But you know, the fact that they're saying that the movie isn't that good or people are hating on the movie makes me not want to go see it because I like to believe that Anthony Mackie is a great Captain America.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Donald's thoughts on it.
Speaker 1: That's just me. It has nothing to do that with him being black one hundred percent, Like maybe seventy five percent is the reason why I'm saying that, but not one hundred percent. I also like him as a person.
Speaker 2: Got it. I once hung out with Anthony Mackie in Prince's hotel suite.
Speaker 1: See this is what I'm talking about. Why do you have to trump what I just said? Man? Why'd you have to go ahead trump? What the fuck I just said?
Speaker 2: No, my brain goes like Anthony Mackie, when have I met him? And I was like, oh, I once had that random ass night hanging out with him in a Prince's hotel suite?
Speaker 1: Was Prince there?
Speaker 2: Tavis Smiley was there. Yeah, Prince was there. It was me, Prince.
Speaker 1: America, Captain America.
Speaker 2: Oh and also what's his name, the the professor with the crazy hair, Cornell West. Cornell West. Prince invited us back to his hotel suite and there was a limousine there and they said just go with these guys and I got in. It was me, Tavis Smiley, and Cornell West.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a great fucking car ride. No, it was great.
Speaker 2: We had a nice chat and then we went up to the hotel suite and Prince was kind of coming in and out of the dining room area, but that's where he was, like, I think eating or something, and I just sat in like the living room area with Cornell West, Tavis Smiley, and Anthony Mackie.
Speaker 1: It's a good hangout. That sounds like a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: That's a random story I forgot about.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: We have Judy Rays here today everybody, which is so exciting because we haven't spoken to Judy in a long time.
Speaker 1: It's been almost a year.
Speaker 2: Or two longer probably right.
Speaker 5: No, because we did the no I think at least two years since she's been on the pod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really we haven't because because because she did, we didn't have her for the ninth season and uh, and then we've pivoted to just talking to interesting people, so we haven't really had her yet. This is our first moment to grill her about what it was like to fake make out with you.
Speaker 1: Now we talked about that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'd like to talk about it again.
Speaker 1: I mean we could totally, we could talk about that all day. See my puppy knocked out on a couch.
Speaker 2: It took around a walk this morning, so she's toasted. I had the funniest, craziest coincidence. We were shooting shrinking in Griffith Park doing a hiking scene and I got my dog into this. Uh that's my jersey accident here that my dog. I got my dog into this, uh into this guy this dog pack. You know, he walks dogs in a pack, which is great for them and gets her exercise. When I'm working, and of all places in all of Los Angeles, I'm shooting this scene with Harrison Ford and Jason and other cast members and I see this big dog pack and my brain goes, oh, what a cute dog pack. And then I look closer. I'm like, that's my dog pack and I saw my dog. Of all places in the world, my dog accidentally visited me on set.
Speaker 1: I love that. Did she come running at you? Did she come running at you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: She like lit up and he was like, hold on, hold on, let me just get pack this pack of dogs past his film crew and then then we had cuddles. It was just so funny. It was like people were like, did you tell him to bring the dogs where you were working? I was like, no, there's one hundred percent of coincidence, and.
Speaker 1: Griffith get the dogs in the show.
Speaker 2: That's such a good idea. I didn't even think of I think that. I think that he was like, you know, he's on a mission, he's got he's on a schedule. He couldn't be like stop and wait to be.
Speaker 1: Like just be distracted twice.
Speaker 2: It would have been distracting though, if like, you know, the dialogue and all of a sudden you see a big ass pack of dogs going by.
Speaker 1: No doubt, I hear Neil Flynn is on shrinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that if you watch the show.
Speaker 1: Never watched an episode except for yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think you've even Oh you watched the one I showed you on an iPhone in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: God, if I could ask Jesus for one of many things God, you know yahweh.
Speaker 1: Really you would ask that? Not world peace or no.
Speaker 2: I'm doing a bit, but I really wish that I could convince you to watch things like I get so excited and I go, oh, Donald would love this, And I just have no chance of you getting to watch it. The only person I can get to watch anything in your household is Casey because I watched watches.
Speaker 1: She watches a lot of your request. She watched that damn documentary. I mean it's it's not a damned documentary. It's a very sad document.
Speaker 2: The saddest thing I've ever seen. Did she just watch it?
Speaker 1: Well, we watched. It's very disturbing. Man, it's very I'm talking about Gabby Patito. Yes, it is very watch it. Yeah, the first episode. It's very, very, very upsetting.
Speaker 2: It's the saddest thing I've ever seen. It's so it's the number one thing on Netflix. I don't know if it'll be when this airs, but audience, I warn you it's very upsetting. But it's it's a story of Gabby Patito, who who was murdered by her boyfriend, And what's so insane about it is because she was aspiring to be a YouTuber. There's so much footage of them because she was shooting their whole van life, and it's just absolutely upsetting from a domestic violence point of view. But I did think it was a really useful to highlight for people and who don't know and for and for maybe some police officers will now have a new perspective on trying to spot domistic violence, because I don't know that the cops that encountered them handled it.
Speaker 3: The thing to.
Speaker 5: Remember about abuse victims is like you're essentially you're love bombed, You're emotionally manipulated. You're to some extent brainwashed by your partner and also often dependent upon them. Oftentimes are be more violent if you try to fresh charges or escape. I think women are like six times more likely to be attacked after they file for a restraining order. There's not a lot of good answers in our system isn't set up to actually help these people, And it's I.
Speaker 2: Don't know that those cops. I don't know. Again, I don't I'm not an expert. I don't know that the cops handled it wrong. I just know that if they had handled it right, she'd probably be alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, let's get happened.
Speaker 2: Let's get happen. But I do think that the doc is worth your time, everybody. It's really really well done and and informative about this horrible issue. And then the last thing I'll say is The Pit remains the best show ever. You need to watch it.
Speaker 1: It got renewed, didn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 4: Thank god.
Speaker 2: They shoot it on the Warner Brothers lot. I'm fixing to get a tour of that set.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Zach get it. You got a direct an episode.
Speaker 2: I don't know I get an episode, but I got some ends to get a tour the huge set they built over that er. I saw a picture of Randall. What's up?
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 5: Pictures of the leg up close, the prosthetic one that exploded.
Speaker 2: Mayby's showing me pictures of it and Randall Winston, our friend was on the set, And why is Randall get a tour? They were like, oh, he wanted to see it too. I was like, I need a tour.
Speaker 4: Oh, rand It's huge.
Speaker 2: It's like the size of the whole sound stage. Wow, all right, is Judy here?
Speaker 1: Yes, bringing June.
Speaker 2: We made about a bunch of n.
Speaker 1: He's a stormy so here here?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Yes, we can hear you headphones?
Speaker 2: Do you have earphones?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: Oh good, good? You look even more beautiful than.
Speaker 3: I am instructions. He took the best lighting in the house.
Speaker 2: You look incredible. And are you wearing a Panavision shirt?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm very loyal to my friends at Panavision. What is that from?
Speaker 3: Oh well, you know why I'm wearing it, though you see the bad Can you read it? Gechies, It's a strip.
Speaker 1: Called She's I Do Love? I Do love The days of the strip club. I haven't been to one in a very very very very very very very very very very very very long that's.
Speaker 2: Too many very that's too many varies to be true.
Speaker 3: That's an excess number of varies.
Speaker 1: I was doing it in years. Every very just represented the years that it's been since I've been to one.
Speaker 3: Have you played a character who visits a strip club, because then you can get one of get rid of one of those varies.
Speaker 1: No, not, not in a very long time. Uh, it's it's and I've been to Vegas a few times recently too, But now, no, no, Judy, it's so.
Speaker 2: Good to see you. I've missed you.
Speaker 3: So much to see you. It's good to see you. Guys.
Speaker 2: We're still doing this podcast. If you can believe it, I can.
Speaker 3: I can believe it. And I'm so thrilled you've gone just beyond talking about the show and just being your fabulous selves.
Speaker 2: And we like talking to you on the show.
Speaker 3: That's how long has that been going on? Is that new?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Almost all?
Speaker 2: How long is about a year?
Speaker 3: You guys are like, you know, I see you all the time during sports events on your T mobile commercials like I see you are are your trailer for a movie you did with de Niro?
Speaker 2: Right, I did a movie. Oh I should plug that, Thank you. Judy's be called the Comeback Trail and everyone it's on wherever you buy movies. It's on Apple and Amazon and anyplace Elsie buy movies. It's de Niro, Morgan Freeman, Tommy Lee, Jones, and Zach Brass.
Speaker 3: So nobody really big or famous.
Speaker 2: It's really fun guys.
Speaker 1: Hsh Hirsh and Emeal Hirsh too.
Speaker 2: And there's lots of funny people and it's great. It's very silly. It's uh, it's it's written by the guy who wrote Midnight Run, so it's very funny.
Speaker 3: Love Midnight Run too.
Speaker 1: I do love me some Midnight Run. That was a really well made moment.
Speaker 3: That's something that introduced my kid to my kid.
Speaker 2: You know, how is your kid doing? You have such a very adorable child.
Speaker 3: My kid is fifteen. Oh can you believe that my kid is fifteen?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they're on their way. They're going to meet a friend at the Science Museum today. But my kid is an artist as well. Guys, they're into musical theater.
Speaker 2: Do you.
Speaker 1: Buddy? Here we go? Oh have you been auditions? Have you been going to auditions and stuff?
Speaker 3: No? But they did do their first film. They did a small part of a film, like a period eighties film. I can't even remember the name of it, where they played that. They just played this this kid who was playing Space Invaders the whole time in a roller rink, so like the kids would come through. Are you vaping?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I never thought.
Speaker 3: I haven't mad in a very very very very very very very long Did.
Speaker 2: You give up goan jump? No? I did, because Donald did.
Speaker 1: I I did, I haven't smoked weed, and I haven't smoked weed in like, uh since Nobil.
Speaker 3: You haven't been And no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, I just was. I was just done with it. I was doing it every five minutes, and I developed this little cough and everything like that, and I was like, I don't want to smoke weed anymore. Like I was. It was bad, like it was bad, like you know, it was a type of habit where I was always at the ATM machine. I was always at the freaking dispensary. I was always, you know, I was. I graduated. I wasn't smoking joints or blunts anymore. I graduated to the bong because I felt like you could get higher with the bong. I was buying all types of wax and all types of freaking uh you know. I was dabbing all of that ship trying to reach a level that you know, you couldn't reach, that I couldn't reach.
Speaker 3: And I was like, you can only reach with meditation.
Speaker 1: Well I don't know about the meditation part, but uh, I just and then what sucks is once I quit, that was the worst part. After I quit, then all of a sudden, the anxiety kicked in, and uh, you know, I went on this this uh this there's something wrong with me? Run where I got every test I could possibly get, blood tests, et cetera, et cetera, to find out if I was dying or not, because it had to be something. Yeah, dude, I get.
Speaker 2: I mean, he had such withdrawal symptoms that then he then start you know, because he had been smoking so much, and so he definitely went through withdrawal, and because he's a bit of a hypochondriach, he assumed those withdrawal symptoms meant he was dying.
Speaker 1: And so every blood test, I got a colonoscopy, I got an endoscopy, I got all of these things.
Speaker 2: All the scopies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the scopies you get.
Speaker 3: You got to get all those scopies after fifty anyway.
Speaker 1: Well that's true, But how's your all good? My rectum's good, my my chest and all of that stuff is good.
Speaker 2: I'm cleaned out to Will's covering her.
Speaker 1: You cleaned out.
Speaker 3: You don't do the smoking. Do you do drinking? Do you drink?
Speaker 1: That's the one thing that has fallen back into play, and that's more dangerous than smoking.
Speaker 2: But I thought you said you were just drinking once in a while, like on an occasion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well once in a while on occasion. It's turned into quite a bit right now, stupid? Come on, come on, it is a little stupid. But I made a pack with myself. I said, you know what, February today's the twenty second of twenty twenty six is the next time I'll uh, I'll you smoke. No, I'll drink. I'll have a drink.
Speaker 2: Wait, you're gonna go for a year? You just committed to do a year?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because now, no, not just now. I did that. I did it earlier after waking up hungover, and I was like, yo, you know what, this is stupid? What am I doing? I mean, just want one vice to pick up another.
Speaker 2: I want to support you. But you can bite off a smaller chunk. You can say, I'm gonna do six months.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about well let's do one month? Too much?
Speaker 3: How often do you drink? Donald? Is it an every day thing?
Speaker 1: No, it's not every day, but it's enough to where it's like, you know, it got to a point where it was like, wait a second, you had to drink three days ago. Man, you don't need to fucking.
Speaker 2: But also that hangover.
Speaker 1: It sucks ass man, Like my face is all swollen, my hands are swollen, all of that stuff. I was like, I'm and then also and also, you know I'm a hypochondriac, So immediately I'm like diabetes.
Speaker 3: I'm dying. I'm dying.
Speaker 1: I'm dying.
Speaker 3: You gotta drink vodka because there's no sugar in vodka.
Speaker 1: I don't want to drink it. All.
Speaker 2: We're trying to we're trying to be healthy around here. It's so too We're trying to live as long as we can. That's our new goal.
Speaker 3: I just had I got a hip replacement seven weeks ago.
Speaker 1: How do you feel?
Speaker 3: I feel good today. You know, I have a little bit. I had one four years ago. I had my right hip replace and now because I have r C arthritis, so I had to get this one done. And I don't know if it's because I don't remember how much that should hurt. But my recovery is taking longer. But what do you do?
Speaker 2: What's the recovery? You have to do PT and stuff you have to do PT.
Speaker 3: I just started PT this week. So you know, they move your leg around, you have to massage the wound. Then you got to get stronger. And at this age you literally see like one leg is like hanging when the other one is stronger because the muscles aren't working. But all that to say that I started doing edibles and sleep CBD because the oxy was scaring the shit out of me.
Speaker 1: Oh so I was.
Speaker 3: I was doing the edibles.
Speaker 2: For your hip replacement after.
Speaker 3: It's so bad. It's true, like the first two three it's really small milligrams. And I got out of the hospital the day after the fires, and then when I try to go to the pharmacy, there's like a shortage of oxy and all the pharmacies in town and ship.
Speaker 2: I'm so scared of that ship. I don't even want to they're trying to want to take it once.
Speaker 1: They're trying to get you.
Speaker 2: Know, they're very they're they're way more, uh, they prescribe it way less these days. But I'm afraid that I would just fucking love it and be like, oh no, there's.
Speaker 3: No way not to love it. There's no way not to love it. And that is the problem, you know, like you want to you just the world is a better place than then you take one of the pills.
Speaker 2: That's what it helps with the pain. How did you You had to You had to moderate yourself to not I had.
Speaker 3: To moderate myself. I refilled it. Uh. One time I was doing okay with the pain, and that's when I started to get get the CBD edibles because I didn't want I couldn't go to sleep unless I took an oxy because because the pain and the discomfort is really bad. Once because for me, I had to put myself in like a position. But of course I'm menopausal. When I pee every five minutes, so the second I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, then it's a whole procedure to get back in bed in a position where it doesn't hurt.
Speaker 2: One of the menopausal things is that you peel up.
Speaker 3: Well, your bladder is not as strong, so you just do.
Speaker 2: You all see the video of this this African American woman having a hot flash outside where the where the smoke.
Speaker 1: Steam is coming off her head.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that was amazing. Yeah, and they said that she was having a menopausal hot flash.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's bad between night sweats and hot flashes. I'm on set. I literally have to like we're I'm doing a take and I'm like hold on a second, yeah, and hear and Mackham runs over with Frans, just how long does it last?
Speaker 2: How long does the hot flash last?
Speaker 3: It feels at least sixty seconds because it feels like you know when you watch water boil, It boils it and it's boiling and then then you turn it off and it goes back down. That's exactly what it's like.
Speaker 2: I remember Aloma saying while we were shooting. She was like something about I'm going through the changes or.
Speaker 3: Something, oh the change. Back when, back when you couldn't call it by its name, right, you.
Speaker 2: Couldn't see me. They say, I'm going through the change or the change, change, I'm going to change.
Speaker 1: I feel like I remember doing I remember Whoopy.
Speaker 2: Goldberg going through the change.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh when we were doing this movie, and she was like, you don't understand. You have no idea, You just don't get it. Like the heat that comes over you is like you take your jacket off in the dead of winter. Fuck it, it's zero is zero degrees outside. I want to.
Speaker 3: Sleep with sweatpants. Now, I'm like a tank top and my underwear or shorts because eventually I'm like freezing and then in the middle of the nights like that, I'm dripping and then you dry and then you're freezing again.
Speaker 2: And then it's all Donald, what are you sleeping? What are you sleeping?
Speaker 1: Sleep in suit? No, but but you when you said you sleep in your tank top and panties, A visuals just came over, just.
Speaker 2: Judy saying that panties.
Speaker 3: How does it feel? Is it sexy? When I say the change?
Speaker 2: No, you were talking about the change.
Speaker 1: You were talking about the change.
Speaker 2: So I'm surprised that when you said panties, I had a shift because I was not prepared. I was not thinking about the change anymore. Men men go through like me don't have a manno pause.
Speaker 1: Yes you do when you look man, do you know how many times I go to the bathroom and pee at night?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: But that's been going on for a while.
Speaker 1: No, but it's it's also because of age and stuff like that. I don't get that. It's no, you don't go you have like a libido.
Speaker 3: There's no way that you guys can play through anything.
Speaker 2: Mother than most men other than Donald, like have a decrease in libido.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not as much as it used to be.
Speaker 2: I mean, Donald is an outlier. I still still and be like most men like along the line, and then Donald would be like way outside the graph.
Speaker 1: I still do have a very high libido.
Speaker 2: He never went through that change.
Speaker 1: No, which is which is unfortunate for for Casey. For my wife, how does she deal with We've come to an agreement that you know, I'm very respectful of her uh of her period, and so I am not. We had a couple of therapists on our podcast and we used ourselves as guinea pigs.
Speaker 3: That's balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're very they're very open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I I am very aware of her feelings. And it's also so much better when she really wants to than when I want to. And so you know, I find myself masturbating a lot, but I do wait for when she's ready to go. I'm very excited about it and and and it's and it and granted it's not it's not as much as I'd like, but I don't give a ship. I love my wife and if it makes her happy, then are.
Speaker 2: There any rules about when you can masturbate?
Speaker 1: No, I can masturbate whenever. I mean I don't want to do it when the kids are up no.
Speaker 3: My friend, a friend of mine, told me that, do you masturbate next to her in bed?
Speaker 1: Nah, that's fucked up. I won't do that.
Speaker 2: My friend told me that his wife and he have a rule that he can't masturbate when she's home.
Speaker 1: Nah. I'll be sometimes I'll be like, babe, do you wanna have sex? And she'll say no, and I'll be like, well, I'm gonna go practice real quick, and she's.
Speaker 3: Like, I'll be Really, my husband's a really early riser, like I'm talking because he does a lot of work in Europe, so he's up like three thirty four in the morning. So our sex life and with our age has gone like from almost every day to just like once a weekend, but it's always at three thirty four in the fucking morning.
Speaker 1: Really, that's tough. That's that's tough.
Speaker 3: But we've gotten into that routine now. So like he wakes me up and I'm like, just give me in another half an hour, but something just turn over. It's like, don't wake me up, I turn over, give it to him.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: I hear that. I hear that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when I'm spooning my body pillow, I just give it to it whatever I want.
Speaker 3: It all right, and it doesn't complain.
Speaker 2: No, it loves it. It seems to love it no matter whenever I'm ready. That's a line from Scrubs, wasn't it like? As I as I lie there with my with my body pillow Katya.
Speaker 3: You guys like you remember everything from that show? Well a menopause monopauseal brain that I don't remember. I remember when I watch it, but like the stuff that we did and all the stuff how we hung out, I'm like, it's slipping my mind.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Well, we just we have the benefit of just having rewatched it, so we remember a ton of it.
Speaker 1: You know, I wouldn't even after rewatching it. I don't remember a lot of it. Like we could rewatch it again. I'm like, I don't remember this episode. Let's take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after these fine words. Judy, we got to talk about your show because I just watched the trailer. I haven't seen the show yet, but it looked fucking amazing.
Speaker 3: It's really good, it's really fun. It's on ABC, the number one show on ABC.
Speaker 2: It's the not let me let me blow you up real quick, the number one show on ABC is a crime drama. I think it's a drama d right it has Yeah, yeah, it's called High Potential and uh with Caitlyn Olsen, who's just really really funny. Tell everyone who who doesn't know about it yet about you.
Speaker 3: I play Lieutenant Sodo. I'm the person in charge of all our police officers. And I hired Caitlyn's character Morgan because she she's what they call a high potential intellectual. She's just ultra smart and her brain moves at a speed at a rate that most people don't, you know, and that's an actual thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's got IQ of one sixty right, Yes, And.
Speaker 3: It's based on a French series that has been a huge hit for seven years and just adapted it and make it, made it our own, and it's the response to it has been amazing. Like our biggest fans I find are either fifteen or like fifty, you know, so there's like little kids and older women. My sister who's sixty two, fucking loves it. I was watching it, never cared about anything.
Speaker 2: I was watching the trailer and it's so cool. I love how much style it has, Like it really has a lot of style, a lot of style to it. It wasn't just like a procedural kind of thing. It was like when she starts going into how she thinks the crime happened, because she's like this genius. You see all the different ways they flashed, all the different ways that it could have gone down, and I was really well directed, really lots of cool style to the way it shot.
Speaker 3: She's she is, and then when you see what's going on in her head when she's trying to put the crime together. They call it Morgan visions. So it's like a series of points of view that gives them a really good chance to like mess with filmmaking.
Speaker 2: And yeah, reminded me of Scrubs solely in that the camera got to be a character in the show, which is my favorite kind of thing. You know, I'm directing Shrinking right now, which is so fun, but you know, it's way more subdued camera than that, and so we have to have to pick my moments for any bit of flair. But in Scrubs and in High Potential, you know, the camera is just as much a character. So there's all these really cool camera moves and stylistic choices the directors must have, so much fun.
Speaker 3: Actually do they have a lot of fun A really really strong, experienced people, really bold. Caitlin is an awesome leader, really really funny. She's yeah, and a terrific actor as well, you know, besides being funny, what a talented actor. And she's got a great opportunity to exploit those both things.
Speaker 2: Where do you which slot do you shoot it?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 1: Fox?
Speaker 2: On Fox?
Speaker 3: Okay, So the first time I've actually worked in LA on a show besides like a guest star since Scrubs.
Speaker 2: Really because you because everything's out of town.
Speaker 3: Everything close.
Speaker 1: Where was that was Atlanta? Huh?
Speaker 3: No, clause was New Orleans. DS Maids was Atlanta, and I don't remember what was in Vancouver. But that was a pilot that I was.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you what it's like to be on network television again, but you never really got off of network television. You've been on network.
Speaker 2: Televisking the wrong person. Judy's always television.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, what was it like? First of all, DVS Maids was Lifetime, right, but it's the pilot was on ABC and then they sold it to Lifetime and the clause was T and T.
Speaker 1: Well, those are both network televisions though, that's it, you know, a cable. Yeah, but okay, but now you're back on Now you're back. You're doing twenty two?
Speaker 2: How many episodes it?
Speaker 3: This one was thirteen? Yeah, thirteen, and we got picked up, so we'll probably be back for thirteen again.
Speaker 1: Are you just going to do thirteen? You're not going to jump to the twenty two episode?
Speaker 2: Does anyone.
Speaker 3: Network? I think the most they do is sixteen.
Speaker 1: They don't do no ABBO, I don't know. ABBOD does way more than that. I'm sure Abbit.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Joell can look it up for me. I feel like because of all the different things that have happened in our society strikes and COVID, they may have had like abbreviated seasons, but I think they might have like one.
Speaker 1: And I that like Lopezy Lopez or or what's the other one?
Speaker 2: Well, sitcoms they're probably doing twenty How.
Speaker 3: About sitcoms on broadcast TV?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Season two of ABBOTT had twenty two episodes.
Speaker 3: There you go look at that, like us, right, what did we do with twenty two? Four?
Speaker 1: The most we ever did was like twenty four? Yeah, I mean, I'm not gonna lie. I would love to I would love to do that. I just feel like if we ever did a twenty if I ever did a twenty two episode season, I don't think I'd ever see my kids. I don't think i'd ever seen my wife.
Speaker 3: It's different now, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot different. You know, I want that money. Everybody wants that money, but don't nobody want that time?
Speaker 3: That time is like, but it also depends on what is it a half hour? If there's a big cast, you won't necessarily work every single day, and if you're home because that's what I That's what I was like manifesting in my meditation, and shit, you just want to work at home, and please let me be at home because when the kid was turned four, that's it. I had to leave. I was leaving all the time. And as wonderful as it is to work that ship is it has an impact on your kids that you know, they're like this with my husband and I'm all jealous and shit, yeah.
Speaker 2: And Donald, you know, Donald's very close with his kids. I mean, you're not going to go You're not going to go do a long series in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I said that to my agent, I was like, unless it's Star Wars or Marvel, you know, I don't give it. Has your kids now Donald eleven and nine, eleven and.
Speaker 3: Nine they still be yeah, fifteen they get mean.
Speaker 1: Oh no, pandemic kids are already my kids already you.
Speaker 3: Have to ask permission to come hang out with them.
Speaker 2: These kids are precocious, They're mean already, they already mean. Why don't you give them? Like obviously they love their phones and ship Why don't you take the Phone's.
Speaker 3: What I was going to say. That's what I do. That's my only weapon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep it up.
Speaker 3: I'm taking your phone. One more word, I take your phone.
Speaker 2: And so you don't do that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, of course absolutely, but that only you take it. And then they start annoying the fuck out of you, and you're like, here, please take your phone. Just take your phone and shuts back up. Take your phone and shout the fuck up.
Speaker 2: I got this lock box thing that I from when I'm writing, and you put your you put your phone in here, right, and you put it in here, and you put this on top, and then you dial in the amount of time I usually do thirty minutes, so I can't look at my phone and not going to do anything for thirty minutes. You could do this with your kids phones. When they piss you off, you'd be like, you know what, you just earn twenty four hour hours in the lock box and you put the phone in there for twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Now we do days?
Speaker 3: You do days?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do well.
Speaker 3: I mean it's such a problem with the phone, right, especially when they're a teenager. It's kind of like an impossible thing to gauge, you know. So I do have like two hours no screens, but I don't have anything to do. I don't care what you do with your time. No screens for two hours, I take it. I get home two hours no phone. You can have it later to talk to your friends. That kind of stuff. Because it affects academically, it makes them depressed. They can't keep me. It really really.
Speaker 2: Makes me depressed. I can't imagine what it does to a teenager.
Speaker 3: And you can't escape everything that's happening in the world, you know what I mean. You're looking for any escape and resources. My kid is trans so they're kind of terrified, you know. So it's just all of us reading ourselves away from all this stuff. That's really scary so that you kind of like connect.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after the these fine words. How has that been for you, Judy having a trans child? Man? You you seem to be such a great mom and was it a was it an adjustment for you? How did you?
Speaker 3: You know? What's so funny? In the fifth grade, my kid came out as gay. They said, Mama, well what I what would you do if I told you that I liked girls? And I was like, what, that's amazing. Of course you have my support. Me and me and George were like losing our minds. And then COVID hit and then they go to middle school. I think it was the end of the sixth grade. Is seventh grade? Well, I remember we I might cry, I come home, we're on our way We picked them up from school. We're on our way home, I think it was, And they said they're really quiet. I said, what's wrong? Ray? I said, what if I told you that I'm really a boy? And it wasn't like when they were told me they were gay. It was like, well, I mean you're so young, you don't understand. I mean, let's say, let's wait and see. Of course you can be whatever you want. And I still feel their heartbreak at me not reacting or responding and I and I was overwhelmed by how challenging it was for me, like for that for six months a year, and then they were Then they're like, they want to change their name. They didn't want to use their dead name. And I remember because my husband has a mouth, he's like Jersey mouth, like fuck this, fuck that, fuck you, fuck everybody. And he's very very supportive also. But then one day they said, I want to I don't want to use my name anymore. I said, what do you want to? He want us to call you? And they called I want you to call me Nko and George is like, fuck that, I'm not going to call you fucking Nico.
Speaker 2: Fuck that ship.
Speaker 3: N They started screaming at each other because they're close like that, and I was like, oh, hold on on, and that's what I said, why don't we use your middle name? I named them Ray? It was Leila Ray. We don't say Leyla anymore, r e Y, which means king, and said, why don't we call you Ray until we decide what name you're going to be called? Okay, and it's spelled like the first half of our last name, and it means king, so that way it's still male. They were both really quiet. I said I'll try it, and then we picked them up the next day at school. Bye Ray, right bye, right, yeah, Ray, and I see tomorrow Ray. So they just and they've been Ray ever sing.
Speaker 2: Wow. That's such a pretty story. And I love that it's a part of your maiden name or your name you're It.
Speaker 3: Was also to honor my dad, you know, at least because he was very ill and dying and stuff.
Speaker 2: And the schools now, I believe that, you know, we're in Los Angeles, very progressive area. It's all, uh, they okay in school.
Speaker 3: I imagine they feel okay. They feel okay, but the reality of the world is always in front of them, so they always wonder and they're always asking, you know, and when we travel, am I going to be able to use the bathroom? Is somebody going to come and attack me? Things like that because they don't have the non binary bathrooms anymore as a result of this law, or they won't, you know, because they have to follow the law. I'm not sure how it's going to apply, but we travel enough to really consider those things. And the permission that people are feeling now to just verbally assault others because they're not what you want them to be is my point of concern, you know, because.
Speaker 1: If it's very interesting how people are starting to behave now, it's like, wait a second. You were always like this, that's what it is. You just freaking hit it for so long, and now people have just no problem being offensive. They don't give a fuck who they're offending, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: A sig les are flying left and right.
Speaker 1: Left and right right now. And you know, my wife had an experience with somebody who used the R word right and my wife was like please special needs. They were like no, Trump said, it's okay.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, that's what it is. Everybody's being given permission. There's this permissive nature where people can go ahead and between doing the sick hiles and carrying their flags and you know, calling people derogatory names for whatever their gender identity is or their race or you know what I mean, it's just.
Speaker 2: Crazy. I can't help every time I see this, I'm like, I'm so glad my father isn't allowed to see this. That's the first thought that comes to my mind.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're real close to it, guys. I'm sorry, but I mean it's starting to feel like it's starting to feel like something's gonna there's gonna be an explosion of some you know what I mean, And I don't I don't know, I don't know. It just feels like we're getting close to the last of it, you know what I mean, the last of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna something like that's going to have to happen, right and people are going to blow up. And what I also see is a lot of people, you know, coming together, you know, which I think is key, right because we all know that that's it's a divide and conqueror and then they can take over when it does happen. Donald that there is going to be an explosion, that's when you're going to have like your civil rights type of movement against what's happening right now.
Speaker 2: Well, let's pivot to a more positive conversation before we end. Judy, there's all these rumors of a Scrubs reboot. Nothing's confirmed, but you're on a hit show. So I hope that at least you will if we do one, then you'll come come be a player in some capacity.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, I will be there if you have me, I will be there.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not to me, it's up to our our Lord and Savior, Bill Lawrence.
Speaker 3: But Lord and Savior has made it clear that I will be a part of it.
Speaker 2: And okay, you have a high you have a high class problem that you're on a hit show.
Speaker 1: Poor, I'm very happy for you, and I go.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, I I after the trailer sold me. I'm going to be totally checking out your show because I thought it was really, really awesome.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 1: I'm not the fact that you got two seasons out of it too. You gotta go to three maybe four? Like, have you ever devious made win? How many seasons four? Clause went? How many seasons four? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Damn Judy, Yeah, Judy probably has a screen porch, don't have a regular port, she screams on that ship. Judy, we love you, thank you for coming by.
Speaker 3: I love you guys, thanks for having me. I'll see you soon. I'll see you next season sometimes, Yeah you will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you will love you. I love you too. I miss her.
Speaker 2: Well, you used to get the fake make out with her and.
Speaker 1: She's no We didn't fake make out. We used to kiss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you only got tongue ones because then you told everyone.
Speaker 1: That's all I needed them. Lips was soft.
Speaker 2: Hello, But you would do the open mouth with no tongue thing right.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes would you do this. We would suck on each other's lips and everything.
Speaker 2: Oh you got lips sucking mm hm.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like when we kiss it sounded like a smack.
Speaker 2: No, I don't like that noise, Joelle said, Nope.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I miss her. I miss her tremendously well.
Speaker 2: She will check out her show, check out everybody who's interested. If you want to watch the Garden State Concert, which will be the events on March twenty ninth, you will be able to buy the stream of the recording of it. On April sixth, my birthday. Go to veeps dot com v E E p s dot com. Every single cent of your ticket stream price goes to the midnight mission and what else? Donald anything else you want to say.
Speaker 1: Be kind to one another.
Speaker 2: Be kind to one another, and never forget.
Speaker 1: Everybody likes a little assflay. Don't even act that is true. It's true, whether it be a poop, a finger, a tyler, everybody likes a little.
Speaker 2: As show we made about a bunch of talks and nurses and the janitor who love me.
Speaker 3: I said, here's the stories that.
Speaker 1: All should know. So gadder around you. Here, gather around you, here a spect we watch your vies, and no