Speaker 1: Good morning, peeps, and welcome to wok F Daily with Meet your Girl Danielle Moody, recording from the Home Bunker. Folks, this week as we close out for the holiday, provided us with a preview of twenty twenty four, and you know, to quote the twice in Peach ninety one counts four times indicted former president and insurrectionist Donald Trump, This shit is going to be wild. This week, the Colorado Supreme Court removed Donald Trump from the ballot because of the Fourteenth Amendment, Section three, that says that in off of the United States that has participated in an insurrection can no longer hold federal office, and by virtue of not being able to hold office, the Colorado Supreme Court has said, then there's no need for you to be on a ballot. In a two hundred page decision that has sent us all spinning, particularly those constitutional attorneys, analysts and so on and so forth, what I will say, as somebody who is not an attorney but knows enough, is the Constitution is very clear right. And what we have learned from these conservatives on the bench is that if nothing else, they are strict constitutionalists so long as it advances their own needs, greed, and desire. So when I look at this, you you don't need a degree from Harvard or Yale or anyway to look at this and say so. It's been found now twice, even in the dissenters on the Court, that Donald Trump absolutely participated in an insurrection and not even participated in led an insurrection, and that because of that fact, he cannot hold federal office. Now caveat. That does not mean that he can't run for office. It means that he can't hold it. The Constitution and the founding fathers were doing the good good work of looking into their crystal ball and trying to prevent anyone that did not have the best interests of these United States and uphold the Constitution at their core. Then you couldn't hold office if you break the tenants of the Constitution and try and inside a civil war. How does that not make you ineligible to hold office. So this case is now going to be kicked up to the Supreme Court. The Court is staying the decision until January fourth, because January fifth is the day that I gather that those that are going to be on the ballot will be on the ballot, will be placed on the ballot. The Secretary of State has said in Colorado that they will follow whatever the law is. So if there is no hearing from the Supreme Court before then, then Donald Trump is not going to appear on the ballot. This then opens the door for other states. But the reality is is that the Supreme Court is going to hear two very important cases involving Donald Trump at the beginning of the year. This Colorado decision where they're going to decide whether or not they're going to just disregard the Constitution and go in even deeper in the bag for their daddy and their billionaire sugar daddies with this decision, the second one being Jack Smith saying you need to decide once and for all whether or not Donald Trump can be prosecuted because he is and was a former US president. So what is the deal? Because I don't want to do this back and forth shit. So the Constitution is in play, as is the total authority of the President of the United States to commit illegal acts and be held accountable for them. With these two decisions, the Supreme Court will put the final nail in the coffin of our democracy because if they decide that a president, when in office and outside of office, is in fact above the law.
Speaker 2: They have just.
Speaker 1: Opened the door, put out all green lights on the path to hell, and green lighted authoritarianism and fascism in this country, which means that they will be out of a fucking job. So we're in a wild place, folks, And we have not even turned the page into twenty twenty four yet, But this just signals to me, get as much rest hydration, you know, stretching, alignment, grounding that you can, because this year coming is fit to be wild. Coming up next my conversation as we close out the year with our friend Mary Trump to give us her thoughts on twenty twenty three and what she is anticipating in twenty twenty four. Folks, It's been such a long time, and I'm so happy to welcome back Mary Trump to WOKF Daily. I would love to say, I mean, Mary, it is great to see you. It is great too, you know, have the opportunity to be in conversation, and I'd love to say, like, I wish we had nothing to talk about. I wish we had nothing to review. But as this year is coming to a close and as we are looking ahead I'm not feeling good about where things are, and that is an understatement. And marry. Every time I post a video on TikTok and put it up on Instagram about why we need to not vote for a person but vote for democracy, my comment section is becoming ever so filled with people that are basically telling me to shut the fuck up. So what are you feeling and sensing about this country? As this year comes to in close and we're looking at again. I can't say it enough, the most consequential election of our life, of our lifetime.
Speaker 2: If you guys want fascism, don't vote, vote third party or vote for Donald Trump. Stop having temper tantrums. Seriously, I'm sorry to If that sounds not just, it probably does, it probably is, but we cannot listen. I know it absolutely sucks having to choose the lesser of two evils, but I think that's overstating it quite honestly. We need to put everything into context we look at. We need to look at the hand Biden was dealt when he came into office. We conveniently forget about the horror show we were experiencing between the economic collapse, COVID, the Big Lie, the January sixth, insurrection, treason, an entire party just turning its back on democracy. Things are worse now than they were then. And that's not because of Joe Biden. Okay, I get it. I don't agree with a lot of the things he does. I don't agree with a lot of things he says. But who is Donald Trump going to handle the situation between Israel and Hamas better? Is Donald Trump going to make your life better while while Joe Biden is doing the hard work and making the wrong calls. Yes, I agree on occasion he is making the wrong calls. You got to look at the economy. You have to look at the jobs that have been created. Donald Trump is selling NFTs to his rooms. He brings nothing to the table in terms of making this country better, making this country safer for all people, making this country a stronger democracy, making it possible for more people to vote. We cannot indulge ourselves the way many of us did in twenty sixteen. We can't do it because not only will twenty twenty four be the most important of our election of our lifetime, it will be the last one of our lifetime. If we don't just suck it up and look at the bigger picture. Okay, we'll have a different candidate in twenty twenty eight who hopefully will check off more boxes for more people. But let's face it, you know, he Biden is still probably in many ways, the best president in my lifetime. Okay. I had massive disagreements with Bill Clinton. I had a lot of disagreements with President by President Obama, although understanding that there was context there too. You know, the Republicans had big majorities, and he his hands were tied in a lot of cases. But nobody's perfect. And again, like you said at the very beginning, Daniel, we cannot vote for a person. That's what got us. George W. Bush, who'd you rather have a beer with? I don't give a shit. I'm never gonna have a beer with either one of these people. I want to. I want the guy in the Oval office whose party believes in democracy, believes in fighting climate change, believes in getting the best most pro democratic people in the Supreme Court, believes in voting rights, and on and on and on. You know, listen, sorry, I'm raveling, but no, please, it's just so frustrating. And yes, part of it's frustrating is because Joe whya needs to stop talking sometimes, Yes, and he's creating complications that we don't need for sure, But you know, it's not his fault that October seventh happened last I checked. It's it's a very complex situation. There's a lot there are a lot of reasons that many people aren't talking about it because everybody wants it to be black and white, and it's not. It's a I this is a thousand year long or a millennia long, complicated problem that is way above my pay grade. I you know, I don't understand enough, but I do think that we should be able to say, you know, what happened on October seventh was where crimes against humanity and something to be done, and yes, let's protect it is in Palestadians, and let's pursue a two state solution. And by the way, a huge part of the problem is Benjamin at Yaho. But he is not Israel. Yeah, he just like Donald Trump hopefully wasn't America. But if he gets in office again, yep, this country will be painted with that broadbrush and will deserve it, you know.
Speaker 1: And you bring up so many valuable points, and they're the ones that I agree wholeheartedly on Biden is not doing us any favors. Biden, however, because our memory is so short, right, and our memory is so short one, because we just continue to experience layered crises and trauma that don't allow us sometimes the luxury of reflection because we're so busy reacting and doing right. Reflection, re quiet is a slowdown to look around and say, is my life better right now than it was four years prior? And you know, arguably right. I got off the phone with my mother today and she was going to the grocery store and she's just like Jesus Christ, I cannot leave this store without dropping two hundred dollars. And what is in my cart is less than what was in my cart, you know, a year ago. And I think that without context as to why these things are happening, as you know, a friend of mine said the other day, Rashad Robinson from Color of Change. He said, without the context, this administration creates gaps for Donald Trump and Republicans to fill in with their made up stories as to why prices are high and people can't afford things. Meanwhile, they have created the corporate greed that has allowed for these types of issues to soar shareholders and CEO wages to soar, while the middle class and lower class is not received a pay raise in thirty years right and can't keep pace with inflation.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, there was a poll that came out, I don't know, maybe a week ago, and I don't remember precisely what the question was, but it was, you know, is crime a problem? Huge people? Percentage of people said yes. Is the economy better? Huge percentage of people said no. Now, the truth of the matter is that, statistically speaking, it's the reverse. Crime is down, wages are up, prices are down, et cetera. But and that is not you know, the news isn't the poll number. The news is the fact that the media isn't educating people. That's the easiest job. Like if you are mistaken about those things, whose fault is that it's the fault of the people who are supposed to be telling you the truth of what's going on. Now, it happens to be the case that most people vote on the economy, and the economy is blamed on whoever's in charge, or whoever's in charge is given the credit for the economy if it's going well, But as you said, that leaves out some very essential things that are beyond the control of whoever's in the Oval office. For example, gas prices. If Saudi Arabia is cutting production because they want to hurt Democrats and help Republicans, there's literally nothing Joe Biden could do about it except release reserves in this country. And sometimes that works and sometimes that doesn't. If prices have gone up, and yet let's say, let's say let's stick with gas prices, let me say it wasn't Saudi Arabia. Gas prices are up not because Saudi Arabia's limiting production, not because of anything Joe Biden has done, but because the oil companies made tens of billions of dollars in profits and they're price gouging. Okay, if prices have gone up, it might be because of inflation. Well, inflation has been a global phenomenon that is out of anybody's control. Again for reasons that are way above my pay rate. I don't understand any other shit. However, America's inflation rate was lower than almost every single country's in the world, So you know, to say the well, the economy's bad, so it's all Biden's fault again, that is just a failure in messaging. And there's only so much an administration can do like that. You know, these are facts that need to be presented to the American people by the people whose job it is to present those facts.
Speaker 1: And that's to me consistently, the problem with this administration, but with Democrats as a whole, is that the messaging and the narrative is never scripted in a way to give people context and to treat the American people frankly like the fucking adults that they are right, which is, let me explain to you how these things work right, And that is the that was, I should say, the job of the media. But we know that the media hasn't done their job of educating the public for quite some time quite you know, actually the opposite, because they found more money, uh in using Donald Trump as entertainment for their for their advertisers than they did in trying at all to save our democracy. I want to switch gears for a moment, not off of not off of this upcoming election, but just in terms of there are a lot of people that put stock and wait behind all of these impending trials. There are many, there are lots of people that are just like, well, I'm just gonna you know, put my you know, cross my fingers and my eyes and my toes and my legs and all of these things, and just hope that, you know, Donald Trump is convicted on something. But everything that we see is showing us that time is actually not on our side. How are you feeling about these cases right now? Because there are many and the way that the judges in these cases have been treating Donald Trump's attempts at tampering a jury pool, endangering the lives of the judges and the clerks and so on.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, uh and uh, I'm gonna take a sip of water, yeah, because you just yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Great radio and there's a pause for somebody to take a drink and it's only water. But because it's it's already two fifteen, and I'm still only drinking water despite the horrors. Uh okay, oh boy, it is. Listen. The bottom line is he needs to be defeated resoundingly. I don't think anything's gonna happen between now and November to take him off the board. It'll be the nominee. I hope I'm wrong, you know, I hope. I hope something intervenes, but it's certainly not going to be another Republican Nope. We've gotten that message light and clear. U. As for the cases, I think that our best hope is that at least one of them, and I think the best chance is the January sixth case that Jack Jack Smith is running will happen before the election, will be conclud before the election, you know, the New York case. That's the civil case that's happening in New York right now. I think the result of that matters only in so far as it will damage Donald personally, and that counts and financially. Financially, yeah, financially, but mostly psychologically. I think that is important. All of that having been said, however, it is beyond infuriating, and that he's gotten away, he continues to get away with such horrific, dangerous behavior. I don't get it. I I the only way I can understand it is that that these judges are protecting the case from an inevitable appeal, you know, not giving him any him or his lawyers any ammunition to appeal the case based on their behavior. But that's just not good enough, because he should be saying stioned more than other people because he has a platform, he has a megaphone to call other people to do his bidding. We know for a fact that people are making horrific, specific death threats against officers of the court and their families. Yeah, we know this. We know that Donald is not just slinging mud, but he's lying about these people. And those lies get amplified in a way that we can possibly, you know, calculate. So I listen, you know better than and than most that, uh, there's never been justice in America, just like j America has never been a true democracy. We know that we have to face it. This is just another in a very very long life kind of examples of our two tier justice system that favors white people, rich people, and especially rich white people. So you know, and that's that's that's pretty clear, you know, just like we need to go into this next election if we give a shit about democracy that we're not voting to save American democracy. We're voting to have the opportunity to create it. The status part that part, yes, the status quo is unacceptable. And if we keep having to fight our rear flank, you know, trying to snatch democracy from the jaws of autocracy, or winning by such narrow margins that we can't do anything except remain in stasis. That'll never happen, and we'll we'll keep having this conversation every four years unless and until somebody like Donald Trump gets into office, in which case there's no conversation to be had. Yeah, and we'll have to leave the country. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I mean I continue to say this to people like and I mean in it a very serious way. And you know, it's interesting because in twenty sixteen, I remember people saying, well, if Trump wins, I'm going to I'm moving to Canada, right. I think that until then we thought, okay, well if that happens. We don't think it's going to happen, but if it does, you know again, we thought that our democracy was a lot stronger than we realized. Okay, twenty twenty comes, and you know it is people in the middle of a pandemic realizing that you know, they've lost family members, friends, colleagues, and this man is telling them to inject bleach and this is just crazy town, right, and so we can't continue on this path. And now here we are and we're thinking that well, you know, he has all of these lawsuits. MAGO will go once he does. And what it has done is spread like the cancer that it is, It's gotten incredibly worse. I mean watching you know, I don't know if you make yourself watch these Republican debates. I know that I can only stomach the clips, to be honest, And I'm watching this stage show and I'm just like, these are a bunch of buffoons and dangerous buffoons, right because on like Trump, Nikki Haley knows how government works, but she's still saying some absolutely heinous things.
Speaker 2: Don't say gay didn't go far enough, didn't go far enough. I likes Nicky for being honest about what a fucking creepy were.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, and you're standing up on a stage attacking trans youth, right like the monster that you are. And so when we look at Texas too, and we see what just happened recently with a pregnant woman being forced now by the Texas Supreme Court to flee the state where she will then most likely return and be prosecuted, right because they're going to make an example because the pain and the cruelty, the infertility, the possible death is not enough. Now we need to turn you into a full fledged criminal to make an example of you. I just is it enough?
Speaker 2: Mary?
Speaker 1: I guess is the question? Like you know, I have succumb I think to the polls too early on. I have succumbed to the comment section when I tell people don't read the comments, but I have because I use it as a focus group. So my spirits right now as we head into this season are not high. Do you think there's enough time, I guess for the realization to hit people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do, because look, it's going to go by very quickly, but eleven months is a long time, first of all. Secondly, polls are not predictive. They're illustrative of this particular moment, so they're useless. Comments sections are based on frustrations in the moment, and it's unhealthy. Listen, I have my fair share of self loathing, but there's so much I'm not going to subject myself to. One of that is watching a Republican quote unquote debate, and another is just reading comments because sometimes, yeah, it might seem that the vast majority of the comments are negative, but it's because, like you know, one out of fifty might be, but the negatives ones are the ones that stick out and sting. And I just I right now, I don't have patience because it's exhausting and we can't we can't start another fight that quite honestly is irrelevant to what's going on right now, and is irrelevant to the fight we're going to be having in Novembers or you know, in the months living up to November. So listen, I again, I understand why some people might think that Cornell West Will will do everything that they want him to do, as if being president exists in a vacuum and you don't have to negotiate with other people in your own party, let alone the other party. Maybe it's Mary Anne Williamson for you. Okay, I have two questions though about those two people, because Dean Philip, if you're for Dean Phillips, there's nothing I could do for you anyway. So for third party candidates and an allegedly little Jill Stein throwing, what have they done in the last four years or eight years to grow a movement that would make them viable candidates? Nothing, as far as I'm aware. But leaving all that aside, let's say that any one of those people will do everything they want them to do. They will be our liberal, progressive champion and solve all of our problems. Guess what, guys, One that would never happen, and two, they are not going to be the Democratic nominee in twenty twenty four. That's just reality. So you know.
Speaker 1: You have.
Speaker 2: Two choices here, an imperfect but real opportunity to set the Democratic Party up for real change and power in the next decades, or fascism in which the two people you're listening to right now are going to be on a list. Yeah. So we just need to be real. And I've said this before. It is so shitty to feel all the time like the person you're voting for isn't really the person you want. I mean, I'm not there with with Joe Biden. I'm really not because nobody gets it right. And if you compare his record to Donald Trump's, yep, let alone other Democrats, but Donald Trump, like that's what you want, Well then I okay, but I will Uh. I don't think you're gonna like it. Let's put it that way, like even people on his side of things, their lives are going to be appreciably worse if he gets back in, because he doesn't care about them either.
Speaker 1: And I think that that's what people have to understand, is that as bad as things may feel, and they do, and I'm not going to argue people out of your feelings because they're valid, but as bad as things now, they can always get worse. And what we have to understand is that if in fact Donald Trump becomes president again, there is no recourse, There is no redo, there is no another bite at the apple, there is no Okay, let's go get them next time in twenty twenty eight. There will be no twenty twenty eight, right, there will be no election. And in the same way that even if there is an election, it'll look like Iran's elections, it'll look like Hungary's elections, it'll look like Turkey's elections. They have elections, it'll look like Russia's elections, right, which is in name only. And so I think that people need to wrap their minds around. And I'm going to give folks their time to then to be angry, to do the most. But you know, come August, come September of twenty twenty four, we all better be riding the same train.
Speaker 2: Yeah, along those lens. I just want to say one other thing. A huge part of the reason things feel so techble right now, it's because of all the damage Donald Trump has done to this country since twenty fifteen. It's unrelenting, it's unceasing, it's exhausting, it's demoralizing. Think of the harm he's caused. Think of the death, the devastation, the economic hardships, the racism, the anti semitism, the anti immigrant hatred, the elevation of the worst people among us, like Stephen Miller, who, by the way, will be in the cabinet and will have enormous amounts of power to enact his brand of fascism. It's because we've been dealing with this for so long. So when it feels like when our side fumbles, you know it's the end of the world. But again, context is everything. It's like when you know, I had a not a great day yesterday and some of those little little things, you know, but it's like, why am Why am I so bothered? I mean some of it wasn't so little either, but still my reaction was felt over the top, and it's like, oh, because I've been stressed out of my mind since November ninth, twenty sixteen, and it hasn't stopped. Yeah, so give yourself a break, everybody, like, give yourself an opportunity to recognize just what you've had to deal with. And I apologize for having said temper tantrum earlier because it's not We're not having temper tantrums. We are feeling our legitimate feelings. Is very very very difficult, trying times, and it's easy to feel angry and isolated. But whatever the case, we are going to have to pull together. And you know, sometimes, yeah, we're gonna say things that pissed people, piss each other off, and sometimes we're gonna say the wrong thing and apologize like adults do. But we're going to have to pull together and move on.
Speaker 1: My friend Mary Trump, thank you so much for making the time for wok F and we will get through. We will get through over these next eleven months, and we will do so together. So we appreciate you well.
Speaker 2: Thanks Danielle. It's great to be here, and thanks for everything you do because we need it.
Speaker 1: That is it for me today, dear friends on woke a F as always power to the people and to all the people. Power get woke and stay woke as fuck