Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack arm Strong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty and.
Speaker 2: Arm Drawn.
Speaker 1: Fine, I've dropped like seven things today. Is that a sign of something?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Definitely, definitely terrible brain tumor? Probably you've dropped things? How interesting?
Speaker 1: Like I like you go to set something on a counter but not set it far enough on the counter that it falls off. M Like I did that with a pillow and soap and puffy, and I've done that with a bunch of things. I'm just wondering. Maybe it's my depth perception. Are those glasses you're wearing? Oh, I got like eight pairs of glasses, So I don't know how Sam, I'm just guessing.
Speaker 2: I'm just a doctor, That's right.
Speaker 1: It just seems weird.
Speaker 2: I just keeped I just did it.
Speaker 1: I just said down my key fob and that fell on the floor. It's like, why do I Why does this keep happening?
Speaker 2: That is clearly a case of perceptionium dementium.
Speaker 1: Besides gravity being playing a role live from Studio c Csony Or it is a dimly lit room deput on the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound. I can't wait for the text. Of course, that'll be my own. That happened in my own WI he was dead. He was dead by the afternoon. He didn't make it to lunch anyway. It's the Armstrong and Getty showed today. We're toiling under the title of the show, Iran shoots at the Straight, But are they straight shooters?
Speaker 3: Kind of like that one or if you prefer Francesca Hong, she's the socialist half wit there in Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: She is a half wit.
Speaker 3: Francesca Hong makes aoc look like Margaret Thatcher.
Speaker 1: Or Stephen Hawking.
Speaker 3: In terms of react, I'm a, ah, yeah, trying stick with female politicians, but yeah, yeah, holy cow, there's there's an update to her sad sack story.
Speaker 1: I was listening to NPR and their headline was Iran has accepted a deal to open the Straight of hor moves and then it laid out the terms where they control the state straight in charge of toll and I thought, that's hilarious. It's like my kid walking in and saying I've approved a deal for me getting a car. This is the car we're getting and I will have it this weekend, and I've approved it, I've signed it, and I'm in full agreement.
Speaker 2: Right, what makes that the way agreements work?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: Son?
Speaker 1: Anyway NPR presented it, it's like it's a one sided deal, which it is, but it doesn't mean it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: What's it like inside their brains over there? I think they actually believe this stuff.
Speaker 1: So what do you think is gonna happen there? Trump's just gonna say no, and then we're not going to remove the blockade.
Speaker 3: And or I heard yesterday, I think it was last night on the news they're bandying about specific amounts of tolls. Oh Ron saying seven percent, O Man saying let's go for like two three percent?
Speaker 2: Come on now?
Speaker 1: So is that getting to what I said yesterday? I think that the end result is going to be there will be a straight somewhere in the world, a waterway that has a toll on it for the first time in modern history, and it's just going to be the way it is.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, there's no indication, there was no comment from American officials about it, but you you know, posited yesterday that you Trump doesn't care that much about that issue. So if it ends the war, set back the nuclear program, they're going to charge oil tankers of a few million bucks.
Speaker 2: It's called us good. He's gonna call it a win.
Speaker 1: He also has the attitude of it ain't that much of virail tomorrow, Europe, in China, you're Japan. You want to open it and go ahead, feel free. But you know it's another drag on the world economy end quote unquote. Affordability, which is Trump's unwillingness or inability to do the things that it would take to make things more affordable, have really really surprised me, because that's why he got reelected.
Speaker 3: The economy was great under Trump. We didn't have this eigh inflation. Let's try him again.
Speaker 1: You know what I did early this morning, I for whatever reason woke up and couldn't go back to sleep and felt well rested, and probably this brain tumor that is causing me to drop things off the edge of things. But a scroll in media, because that's the best thing to do when you can't sleep, is to just start scrolling Twitter. But actually is reading Mark Halpern's newsletter, and it had a link in there to this Hassan piker character, which I gotta admit I'm late on a lot of my favorite podcasts. You other people have been talking about him for now, for six months, nine months, and I just have been thinking, Nah, I ain't got time for that. It'll go away. But he's pretty big deal apparently. So anyway, I followed one of the links to his actual Twitch feed. That's where he does his show on Twitch, and he does one looks like pretty much every day and they vary from an hour and a half to six hours long. He sits there in a room and talks and it's pretty interesting. It made me feel incredibly old in that the new media is just I mean, it's the stuff my kids are into, what they expect when they go to a show or I don't even know what the right term would be content. I'm using my finger quotes for show. But what my kids expect is completely different what I expect, just because what I grew up with, I expect like a beginning of middle and end, an intro, a theme, you know some And it's just everything with the young people is just so frantic and haphazard and random seeming to me, it's hard for me to follow, Like my kids will always say, check out this meme and it's just like to me, it's just like, I don't even know what this is, but it has an impact on them. And Hassan Piker's show is a lot like that. He clearly and he's a young guy, early thirties, he something like that. He has that modern vidia vibe, which again made me feel tremendously old. So part of it is just the kind of content that it is. And he's got a bunch of screens open and he's taken in. He just sits down and starts talking and uh like, no, hey, how you doing, or today we're going to talk about or whatever, the sort of stuff we old people do. He's just it's just like he doesn't even know the audience is there. And then he's just reading comments and reacting to them. Without reading the comments, he just reacts to him. I don't know, I've never seen that before. Yeah, I'm watching the new Ted last So what does the deal with that guy? Is he retarded? I've just I've never understood what's with Ted Lightso is he retarded guy? I mean, just stuff like that, and then it'd be back into politics and the Jews or whatever, and millions of people watching him every single day, right right, and a powerful political force. And it was a little discouraging to me that I'm so far out of understanding the news flow, the information flow, that'd be the proper term.
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 1: I so don't understand the information flow of today. Luckily, those who do it the way we do it are the ones that are doing most of the voting and controlling most of the power still because a lot of those people that take in that that information don't vote, thank god yet. But I don't even know what's going on there. I can't even figure out what it is.
Speaker 3: I think part of it is famously, undeniably many many young people's.
Speaker 2: Lives are online.
Speaker 3: They don't have real friends, yes, real encounters and real interactions.
Speaker 1: That's clearly part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And these folks are taking the place of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is clearly part of it. And I shouldn't have left that out, because that's what occurred to me, is just these are people who live online, and it's relatable because he's just hanging out of his house talking at a screen, not really looking at it, kind of just you know, walking around and doing other things and drinking coffee and petting his dog and sometimes he's over here not near the microphone and whatever. But the people at home are doing the same thing. They just have their screen open, having a conversation, kind of half paying attention, and and they all just hang out together all day long. And that might be where you know that next generation is gonna live in terms of information flow. They just like you said, it's just they're online all the time, just kind of hanging out. It's the it's the crowd that you see walking down the street always have their phone open. Then there's somebody on there while they're walking, and it always seems weird to be like you're not engaged in the conversation. You can hear both ends of it, and they're just kind of have their phone out and they're sitting on a bus to Yeah, I don't know that foot hurts today. Hey did you see that thing the other day where just it's just random they're hanging out. They're just hanging out, but instead of together in a room, the room is online, I guess. And that's what the news is today.
Speaker 3: As a political scientist, I find myself wondering, uh, how in the world you might counter that not that it needs to happen exactly, but it's an intriguing thought experiment.
Speaker 2: You can't fake it, no.
Speaker 1: No, no one thing. You know what you reminded me of a lot early Rush Limbaugh's That's what he really reminded me of. It's the modern version of he is tapped into a crowd that doesn't feel like anybody gets them, like Rush did. I remember Chris Matthews on MSNBC talking about Russian in the early day, saying, there's a whole bunch of guys out there driving around, feel like they're getting screwed. Their family treats them like an atm, their boss over uses them, blah blah blah, and nobody speaks for them. And then comes along Rush Limbaugh and he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think this Hassan Piker guy is that for a whole bunch of young people, not just on the jew thing, just on a whole bunch of difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's just a shame that so many of those voices are so perverse and believe such sick stuff, including socialism, which is the you know, the velvet glove over the iron hand, right.
Speaker 1: I think it might be this Hassan Piker dude is smart. For one thing, He's very smart, very quick man. His mind is it's it's incredible the way he takes in information and responds to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I think he might have all that stuff I just said with an agenda that he slips in as often as he can, as opposed to just like Russia Limbaugh's agenda, our agenda try to stay employed in a business that has this very specific model for listeners and advertising and that sort of thing. I think the Hassan Pikers of the world have a I hate Jews and want them to go to Way agenda or whatever they got to work in all the time, right, right, It's interesting though it's a different world. I don't have to try to compete in that world, no, in that way, because I couldn't.
Speaker 3: Right right, It's a really interesting phenomenon. What's next is the question I think. But I'm utterly flabbergasted by the whole time.
Speaker 1: I would recommend checking it out if you haven't anybody like him, just to know that's that's where that whole younger crowd that you don't understand what's going on and why do they believe this? And blah, blah blah. You know all the people that don't, they can't even imagine. I mean, the idea that I ever even mentioned the Evening News or sixty Minutes or the New York Times is hilarious to all of those people. And you should tune in sometimes and see that's the next group of people that are going to run this country. That's where they're hanging out, and that's where they're having their national conversations.
Speaker 3: God help us, we had we had a few listeners recommend a particular quote unquote show that was about Iran and the Iran War and that it was the best source of information. It was one of the it was real time monitoring the news, open source intel type things.
Speaker 2: But it was so scattered and slow paced.
Speaker 3: I mean it was it would be utterly content free for seven to eight minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's part of the deal.
Speaker 2: What happened.
Speaker 1: That's part of the deal with this crowd. Scattered definitely and very relaxed. You go off on a tangent about nothing for five minutes, then you come back to the topic. Because everybody at home, I think because they don't.
Speaker 3: Have jobs and is playing a video game on their phone. Yes, or scrolling Twitter and half listening. Yes, that is clearly the case that they're just kind of half paying attention.
Speaker 1: Now, it's wild. Yeah, I recommend checking it out just so you know what's going on. That's I don't know if that's the future, it's the present for a lot of people. Anyway, we got to start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is Friday, August seventh, your twenty twenty sixth Armstrong. You're getting we approve this year program.
Speaker 3: Let's speaking then officially, according to f CC rules, regular shoes. Here we go jumping into action at mark.
Speaker 2: My god, I got it. I caught the show.
Speaker 1: I got in the face and caught a shoe.
Speaker 2: Who shoe do I have?
Speaker 1: You know what's most interesting to me is that Michaelangelo has been pushing that clip on us the entire week. He was so excited about a guy on a roller coaster getting hit with someone shoe and catching it and.
Speaker 2: Evidently doing play by play on the shoe incident.
Speaker 1: Anyway, is he okay, Michael, as far as you.
Speaker 2: Know, Yeah, everything's fine.
Speaker 1: It's just a father out with his family and having fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Roller coaster went upside down.
Speaker 1: The shoe hit him in the face, and I said.
Speaker 2: I got it by a shoe and I caught it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was at the state for the oll.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: I was at the state Fair with my two kids in the other day, and we were all in agreement that we're so happy that we never have to ride rides again in our lives. There's no reason for us to ever do that again. I don't have to, like with them, because they're kids, they don't have to maybe when they have kids, but whatever, no time soon do any of us ever have to ride it because I have has no appeal for me whatsoever. Oh no, no, I don't want that. We got to get to the headlines. We got mail bag, we got clips of the week, We got so much stuff today, August seventh is maybe the most important date in my history, which I in my life, which I will talk about later, and a whole bunch of other stuff. So to stay here, Hey, I use it up all our time rambling for a segment. But Katie asked me later about my crock pop meal from last night, because you've been pushing me on the crockpot for a long Okay, all right, well.
Speaker 2: CROC talk coming up, stay with us.
Speaker 1: Let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katy Green Katie hit it all.
Speaker 4: Right, Well for the sake of time, three Alphabet Network, CNN, NBC, and Fox all leading with Murkowski to oppose Todd blanche nomination.
Speaker 1: So does that mean he's doomed or does it just make it more difficult hanging by a thread? Okay, and he's the Attorney general?
Speaker 2: It would be here acting now. Yeah, ABC.
Speaker 4: Crucially, US missile stockpiles quote extremely low.
Speaker 1: According to officials, This is an incredibly important story that is either completely true, completely false, or halfway. And I don't know which do you?
Speaker 3: I would guess halfway Ish don't have time to discuss it now. But yeah, there's absolutely truth to it. I think it may be overstated by people with an agenda, I hope.
Speaker 1: So if it's if people are covering up the fact that we're dangerously low, that would be horrified. Speaking of horrifying from the New York Times, frightening China's robots no kung fu and now can scale walls? No kno kung Fu? Yes, okay, I thought you meant no kung ful out among our robots. Oh no, no, no, kung fu they can they can do the kung fu.
Speaker 2: They can come over the wall.
Speaker 3: Then kung fu your ass great, super Well, that'll be fun nightmares tonight. Huh.
Speaker 1: And if I end up in a kung fu fight with a Chinese robot, I'm gonna think, where has my life gone wrong?
Speaker 2: I told you this would That's what I do be thinking.
Speaker 4: From the Wall Street Journal, the rise of the one hundred dollars hot dog, premium toppings and extravagant presentations are pushing hot dogs into the realm of the new hot cuisine.
Speaker 2: M that's you can go ahead and put that hot dog somewhere.
Speaker 1: So hot dogs are having a moment. Somebody hit me yesterday with though, you got to try this new hot dog place. It's epic. So okay, So hot dogs are a thing now. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And finally, from the Babylon b update, the Moroccans who invaded Spain are now registered to vote.
Speaker 2: In New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Hey, Politico admitted the other day it's probably more than six thousand motor voter. I mean it just leads to foreigner's non citizens getting registered. Yeah, that's I wish somebody on the right side of the aisle had been saying that for I don't know, twenty five years, Politico, But thanks for coming along in.
Speaker 1: A fight with a Chinese kung fu robot. I told you this would happen. That's very funny. We got a lot on the way to here, Armstrong and Getty. So the political media I take in podcast stuff I read and everything like that, it's probably going to be like eighty five percent the Michigan race for the next three months, and we probably ought to try to avoid doing that. Uh, it's easy to get sucked into that. But do have some interesting stuff, including the new poll that shows he's ahead of Mike Rodgers at the current point. So the hole he can't win if he gets a nomination, that's out the door already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I suppose so, although it is very very easy for us and even you folks listening perhaps to overestimate how much the average voter knows, how much they're in touch, how much they've heard, how much they've read. For a lot of people, it's practically nothing even a political story this big.
Speaker 2: So that pole could change a great deal.
Speaker 3: You can introduce it or no, oh my god, oh my god. I wondered why you're looking at me like that. I'm like, I think I'm making a pretty good point.
Speaker 1: He's clapping, Hansen's doing high vibes to himself. Everybody's excited, perverse and idiotic. Anytime, anytime one of the hosts forgets our benchmark Friday bit for sor it's celebration for everyone of you.
Speaker 2: Are starved for entertainment.
Speaker 3: Everybody says the things right, all right, you deplicitus, bastards. Let's let's see Friday tradition apparently. Let's take a fun look back at the week it was. It's cow clips of the week.
Speaker 1: It's cow. They call it cow clips of the week.
Speaker 2: It's cow.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the Strait, the opening of the Strait, having it opened literally by tomorrow. The IRGC is continuing attacks in the goal. We are attack that would be the biggest attack since World War Two.
Speaker 2: The first time Iran is getting specific about what's in a deal. This is the last chance for them to sign a good document. There is so much more that unites us than divides us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kim in the street, you're not going to be in the same party with San Prik. I can tell you that right now.
Speaker 5: Thankskeeping is also a time that's incredibly painful for many people in our communities.
Speaker 1: Did you ever support a self described socialist candidate?
Speaker 2: No, no way, no.
Speaker 1: Let the streets soak in their red capitalist blow. Republican Senator Bernie Moreno of Ohio calling his former son in law, Ohio Congressman Max Miller a madman. This is truly the seventh.
Speaker 2: Level of health.
Speaker 3: Look, he called me, and he said Max, He said, Maxie, I don't know if you're gonna be able to, you know, pull this one out.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna plead the fifth Okay, okay, talk to get up there and start talking to you know. He didn't know anything really about anything, and I'd say that to his face.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 5: There's a divergence of interest between parents and children. It's likelier that young people, not people who are raising families, will have the best insight into the interests of children. Five.
Speaker 1: I think that even asked, are you surprised? Six South Let's just say, but I'd go up to Lebron's names.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, I say, Lebron, did you ever have any desire to be a woman?
Speaker 1: Because what I'd love you to do is star on my team that I'm building up, all the land on and the whole love on the WNBA. I just sent hands in a clip. There's a couple of NBA stars maybe you don't know, they're kind of low level stars, but sitting around talking about at what age they would have dominated the WNBA, respectfully saying full respect for these women. It's not their following anything like that. We're just pointing out how much different it is between men and women. And they're gone. I think when I was fourteen, I would have just absolutely run rough shot of the league. I think I would have been at fifteen. You know that sort of thing. Yeah, which is kind of interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sociological reasons, mostly the ridiculous cunard that it's that it's an important league and as popular or whatever. It's just the whole thing is silly. Then, you know, at some point we could talk about the bizarre thinking of that WNBA coach whose name I don't recall.
Speaker 2: I got it around here somewhere, that was whearing the trans kids matter.
Speaker 3: We want to be inclusive that lady, you know, but she's come out strong that she fears men taking coaching jobs, all right, because we need to protect women's coaching jobs.
Speaker 2: You don't know what a woman is, and you just.
Speaker 3: Okay, just anybody could just willingly change their sex willy nilly. But it's very important to coaching jobs be people with the UTERI okay, what every crazy person.
Speaker 1: So we're all just waiting for that transplayer in Europe to decide to come to the the NBA and then it'll be up. Yes, this broke yesterday. I don't I didn't look into it much. Maybe you did. Meta ordered to pay almost a billion dollars to address harm to kids from social media, significantly increasing the cost of that landmark verdict that came out a while back. It's almost a billion dollars nine and forty two million. That's a pretty stiff penalty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd love for more people to be talking about this, just because I'd love for more people to be talking about the hazards of online life for kids. But it's ad judge in New Mexico. I think where this goes next in the legal process, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, it'll be challenged you say, in oh, yeah for years years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It has to be getting their attention in other companies though, worried that they're going to be held liable for this stuff, and I don't know where you go from there. As as I've said many times, as much as I hate social media and the Internet in general, I wish the Internet didn't exist, and social media and Zuckerberg is probably evil and all that sort of stuff. The idea that you're not allowed to have endless scrolling because it's too enticing, it's just no way to operate a free market, right.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm watching an evil person who's guilty of crimes being falsely accused and convicted of the wrong stuff, and it's it's troubling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's a lot of money though, that ought to get their attention.
Speaker 3: You know, what I don't know is how uh I've probably heard this, but how a civil suit ends ends like, no, you can't appeal it anymore.
Speaker 2: It's over pay up.
Speaker 3: You get to a certain level of the court system, obviously, but anyway, yeah, they'll appeal like crazy.
Speaker 1: It looks like Tucker Carlson's gonna run for president, or at least Douglas Murray seems to think so, writing in the Free Press today. We'll get into that a little bit later. I mean, Tucker's come out with a ten point plan to fix America. That sounds pretty running for president, d doesn't it sort of thing you do about this time in a cycle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's really coming out as a jew too. I mean, he's really establishing his credentials as that he had. That Darryl Cooper joker back on again and yeah, yeah, it's something.
Speaker 1: Do you think Tucker Carlson could get the nomination of one of the of a of a major party and maybe even get elected president? I do in our current climate, So yeah, it's worth paying attention to. Yeah, in the right circumstances. Sure, I mean we're living is funny. My takeaway from clips of the week was the world has gone nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, my takeaway from watching Hassan Piker last night, I'm so out of touch with a giant chunk of the country and the way they communicate. How do you what to do about that?
Speaker 3: That's why you need to retire and move to the woods or from our friends at Blue Collar Dollar speaking of you know, getting to retirement and that sort of thing. You want to talk to folks who talk to you, not at you, They understand you and your lifestyle. You're a hard working American, and I think you're gonna like blue Collar Dollar.
Speaker 1: If you've saved five hundred thousand dollars or more, we invite you to call blue Collar Dollar for a no cost consultation. Talk to somebody who understands you, the kind of lifestyle you live, what you want out of life. There's no obligation. If you don't like what you hear, no harm done. But if you've been waiting around kind of on the sidelines and never gotten involved in all this different financial stuff, now's the time to ask some questions from your mobile phone.
Speaker 3: Doll pounds two fifty and when you're prompted, say the keywords blue collar Dollar again. That's pound two fifty and say blue Collar Dollar.
Speaker 1: Advisory services offered through Talent LLC, a SEC registered and investment advisor. Marketing is conducted by its affiliated company, blue Collar Dollar LLC. Registration as an investment advisor does not imply a certain level of skill or training. For more important disclosures, visit blue collar dollar dot com.
Speaker 2: So I got to tell you about you know, we can do it right now.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, I'm looking at the clock I mentioned during the introduction of the show that what's her face? Jessica Francesca Hong makes aoc look like Margaret Thatcher.
Speaker 2: She is really something else.
Speaker 3: That's the socialist halfwit who's running for governor of Wisconsin. Just a quick note on her before we get to the audio. At the beginning of this year, she was one of only six legislators in the entire Wisconsin Assembly to vote against AB six seven seventy bipartisan bill. It was practically unanimous that made grooming a child for sexual activity a felony. The measure defined grooming is a pattern of conduct ongoing intended to condition, seduce, solicit, lua entice child for sexual purposes. The vote was ninety three to six before it was signed in the law, she voted against it. And part of the reason, and it's worth knowing this is the next frontier in anything goes sexually is maps I don't know, head of fhiles minor attracted persons. Oh okay, right, So part of the whole socialist critic theory LGBTQ plus minus three for to memorize and all that is. The next is child sex with children? Where does that fit in with affordability? Yeah, that's a good question. But anyway, I don't want to get hung up on that because it is so sick and serious. Also, we mentioned late in the show yesterday that she had posted these words abolish the Senate in a text that is still up.
Speaker 2: That's the entire text.
Speaker 3: She was commenting on somebody else's criticizing the Senate as being un democratic.
Speaker 2: She said, abolished the Senate.
Speaker 3: Well, her opponent in the gubernatorial race pointed out to fact checkers because she is denying that she ever said that.
Speaker 2: Her campaign says she has never said that.
Speaker 3: Well, the opponent pointed out, well, yes, she said that directly, and the so called fact checker for one of the big news outlets said, as always, thanks for the suggestion, but I think we're going to pass on this one since it's one tweet and this doesn't seem to be your position.
Speaker 2: So just absolutely bizarre. Thank you media for doing what you do well.
Speaker 3: But the Thanksgiving thing, which is silly, Michael, I'm talking clip forty two here. Remember she also posted abolished Thanksgiving. It took COVID to end something that should have ended in sixteen twelve or whatever. She said, Okay, abolished Thanksgiving about three days ago. She said the first thing you're about to hear, and then she switched to the next thing you're about to hear.
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving is also a time that's incredibly painful for many people in our communities.
Speaker 5: My favorite holiday is.
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving because I have it.
Speaker 2: Yep, I don't want to cancel it.
Speaker 1: I actually love it. When did she okay? Was that an attempt to clean up that mess?
Speaker 3: Or apparently she's on some sort of podcast or something. They asked her, what's your favorite holiday? My favorite?
Speaker 2: Howiday?
Speaker 1: Is this? Sound like we're giving you sound like Luyane? Uncle Hank? What a half wit? So now she's claiming it's her favorite holiday. That's who I'm gonna hear whenever she talks now major babies, Uncle Hank. She's Lunne from King of the Hill, That's who she is. Yes, Oh wow, oh boy. You talk about a hot issue. Thanksgiving. People's hatred of Thanksgiving. They hate it so much. Okay, we got to get the mail back. Gavin Newsom's going to Michigan this weekend. My whole will major candidates stand on a stage with Alsie head Well. I got answered pretty quickly. Gary Newsom's going Okay, so stick around. I want to talk a little more later about how we're gonna be on YouTube soon.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: And everything that's going into that, putting in all the cameras and the lights and trying to figure out how we're gonna dress and all is a is a I think, a fun behind the scenes glimpse. Old guy's about to go on television, go back on television. That's true.
Speaker 6: We were on TV for like ten years. Yeah, we were a lot younger. Uh yeah, that's a good point too. I lost my freedom well being quote of the day. Where the hell did I put it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: I think I know where it is? Sorry, speaking of old guys, where is it? I think the housekeeper stole it from me?
Speaker 1: She steals.
Speaker 3: No, you know what it's it's it's gone. I don't I can't find it. Oh well i'll find it for you next hour.
Speaker 2: Mail bag. See this is really really annoying to me.
Speaker 3: I was super excited about it because it's a really good from good one from C. S.
Speaker 2: Lewis.
Speaker 3: I don't want to bore everybody while I sit here looking for it. It's got too much stuff, too much.
Speaker 1: Stuff, fascinating dude cs Lewis's conversion from hardcore intellectual Oxford atheists to very religious one of the most influential religious writers of all time really something Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, it was so good.
Speaker 3: Well you'll just have to take my word for it, obviously, Uh drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong andighetty dot com got this note from Mark jack Is my spirit animal.
Speaker 2: Heard him talking about eating funky expired ham. I too do this kind of thing. I call it eating like a coyote.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you need to call it anything, Mark, but sometimes you're really hungry and it doesn't smell that bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I suffer the funk every few months. I suppose it keeps the immune system rock hard.
Speaker 1: I put some probably spoiled cream in my coffee just now, But I did throw out pot roast yesterday. I wanted to put it in the crockpot, and I thought, when did I buy this? This smells horrible. I actually threw it out and went back to the store. So if it had just been me, I might eating it. But I'm not gonna make my kids eat rancid meat. I'm patting myself on the back here. Wow, that's that's so good. That's just good.
Speaker 2: And I got a tear running down my cheek. Oh hey, I found my C. S. Lewis quote.
Speaker 3: It has to do with why quote unquote, dumb blue collar people usually do not fall for the same terrible ideas that the educated elite class so often does.
Speaker 2: Like socialism.
Speaker 3: The whole socialist thing in America right now is practically entirely college educated white youngsters. Anyway, in his brilliant book That Hideous Strength, which was essentially about the rise of the nazis.
Speaker 2: Why you fool.
Speaker 3: It's the educated readers who can be gulled. All our difficulty comes with the others. When did you meet a working man who believes the newspapers. He takes it for granted that they're all propaganda and skips the lead articles. Yeah, he buys his paper for the football results and the little paragraphs about girls falling out of windows and corpses found in Mayfair flats.
Speaker 2: He is problem. We have to recondition him.
Speaker 3: But the educated public, the people who read the highbrow weeklies, don't need reconditioning.
Speaker 2: They're all right, they're all right already. They'll believe anything.
Speaker 1: Plus, there's just with that crowd It's just so exciting to discover some new thing that the dumb people don't know. So now that elevates me.
Speaker 3: Right, Lord it over them. Look at what an intellectual I am. Or thankful thanks to Josh who also threw this in. Or if you prefer. Romans won from the Bible claiming to be wise, they became fools. Human nature does not change all Right, back to mailbag. I'm bobbing and we've been doing the weave. Howdy gentz, you're speaking to the lunacy of men competing in women's sports. The sprint records, et cetera. The twenty four year old, twenty something year old world record for women's hundred yard dash is beaten by one thousand high school boys every year. Just for instance, he said, I thought I should throw out numbers from the world from my world to highlight the insanity. I think this is voice texted, and gosh, it's riddled with type posts.
Speaker 2: I'm into all.
Speaker 3: Strength sports, such as powerlifting, strong man and Olympic weightlifting directly from the International Powerlifting Federation. One of the most respective powerlifting bodies. The world record in the open weight class for bench press no weight, no body weight limit for women is three hundred and sixty.
Speaker 1: Eight pounds three sixty eight bench for a chick.
Speaker 3: Wow, he says, this incredibly impressive lift performed by a gal who weighed about three hundred and six pounds.
Speaker 2: She was a very big gal.
Speaker 3: Now over in the men's division, going to the lightest weight class, we have a fellow weighing in at one hundred and twenty nine pounds benching three seventy seven. So to to recap in a world where the only goals to find the absolute strongest examples of your section, your weight class, the man who weighs just over one third of the woman's weight bench nine pounds more than she did. It's just common sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've known lots of dudes that could bench three fifteen, which is a common number for because of the plates the way they line up, but lots of regular guys. Not me.
Speaker 3: Ever, Yeah, I could bench three point fifteen if it was in thirty pound increments, say ten or twelve times. I could babble this out at at high speed, but there's no time. We'll get to it later. Another good one about Mamdanni's grocery stores. What a debacle of an idea.
Speaker 1: That is, Oh, they're going to put limits on air conditioning for rentals in the LA area, which is an interesting story. And then the I think obvious how that's going to turn out. We can talk about that Armstrong and Getty