Speaker 1: Hey there, everybody. It is Tuesday, December sixteenth, and we have our holiday gift guide in full swing. We are up to gift number twelve. This is our last full week Monday through Friday where we are giving you some gift ideas as you're trying to finish that last minute holiday gift shopping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen up, because let's be honest, you're you're blowing it. If you're listening to us for ideas right now, you're probably you know.
Speaker 1: What, I looked. Most of the stuff that we have at least this one you could get still delivered to you tomorrow, So this is still available and ready. If you were looking like I need one more fun thing, this would probably be more for the lady in your life, but not necessarily. Plenty of men no.
Speaker 2: Yesterday about their skin by saying it's for everybody with skin.
Speaker 1: It is all right, It is for everybody. You're not yes, I am all right, but I just watched myself doing it for twelve minutes and imagining you doing that to your skin for twelve minutes. It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't I do? It's for everybody with skin.
Speaker 1: It's the sol wave for in one red light therapy wand would you Sola wave Sola Solo wave, So it's playing off of solar wave, but it's Sola Wave four and one red light therapy wand four in one four and wand yes?
Speaker 2: Should I? Yes?
Speaker 1: I can't wait?
Speaker 2: Can I say something?
Speaker 1: I've done it twice now already. But say the name again, Sola Wave, the whole title, Sola Wave four in one red light therapy wand.
Speaker 2: Okay, you just said that. I honestly don't know what it is. I honestly don't know what it's four, certainly four in one? What's the one in one? I don't know what the thing? I honestly do not know what this thing is.
Speaker 1: All right, So it's a compact WAND that combined that combines four skincare treatments into one device. Okay, here's what it's gonna do. It's gonna help your skin look smoother, firmer, and more refreshed. And you ask what the foreign WAND is? Well the way four in one wand uses red light therapy one, galvanic current two, therapeutic warmth three and facial massage four.
Speaker 2: What was number two?
Speaker 1: A game?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 1: Galvanic current did.
Speaker 2: Everybody know what that is.
Speaker 1: No, but I'll tell you what it is in just a second. But all of those things, the four and one apparently visibly brighten, deep, puff, and rejuvenate the neck and face in just a matter of minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm still going to the galvanizing. What thing?
Speaker 1: A galvanic current apparently enhances hydration and product absorption.
Speaker 2: How do you spell that?
Speaker 1: Seriously, it's g A L V A N I C galvanic.
Speaker 2: At least I was able to phonetically get it out right.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So red light therapy, and look, if you you might not have heard of this, but I would say that most people who are into their skincare of a certain age know what red light therapy is.
Speaker 2: You can go into it.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can go into a spa to receive red light therapy treatments. I've gotten that, Like at the end of a treatment I get from an esthetologist, they'll put on this red light mask basically, and they'll tell you to put it on your face for ten minutes or so, and that's supposed to boost collagen and soften fine line.
Speaker 2: Have you had success in specifically using red light therapy?
Speaker 1: So It's hard for me to gauge because yes, have I used it at a doctor's office? Yes, And I will say back in the day from Good Morning America. Our good friend Tory Johnson one time when we had the Deals and Steals, gave me this mask that you got charge. Yes, that's what that is. Yes, it's red light therapy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like Michael Myers at a rave.
Speaker 1: It does. That's actually a really accurate description. So I think anyone who has seen that knows exactly what we're talking about. So that's the other way to give red light therapy to your face. The problem with that is, I would say, is you have to take like ten minutes out of your day where you're lying there and you put it over your face and you can't do anything else obviously because you can't see, you can't move around, so you just have to. And maybe that's a good thing. It forces some stillness, some reflections and meditation. I am not a person who is going to do that. So I had it and it was sitting. Actually when we moved, I got rid of it. I just gave it away. I gave it away because I was like, I'm not using this. Someone else. I think I gave it in the Salvation Army bit, do.
Speaker 2: You think my skin?
Speaker 1: I didn't think you would have the patience to sit there for ten to fifteen minutes with this thing on your face every day.
Speaker 2: I can't be still with a ten to fifteen minutes. Of course I can't.
Speaker 1: You can, but not not without got to try this thing seeing or any of that. No, that the thing is the mask is forces you to do nothing else.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry. I thought you were able to see out of it, like you could walk around if you.
Speaker 1: Want to know, because you have to hold it on your face, be walking around with it to close your eyes.
Speaker 2: Sorry. So this is better than that.
Speaker 1: Guys, in the sense that, yes, you can take it anywhere. You can be multitasking, which you know I love to do. So this I'm going to keep going with the product description. With a rotating one hundred and eighty degree head, it adapts to every angle so you can easily target smile lines, under eyes, the jaw line, and more. It's cordless, water resistant, and it's rechargeable and travel friendly, giving you professional level skincare results at home or on the go. It says it's FDA cleared and the winner of twenty seven plus Beauty Awards. Solo Wave was created to simplify skincare and make effective treatments easy, intuitive and enjoyable. All right, okay, so are you buying it me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I am not sold on. I don't get the red light thing yet. So if you tell me there's a mask that you're normally supposed to put on, and do it. And I saw you walking around with this wand that looked like it could be annoying to take the time to do that. And maybe if you're walking around or you're reading something and it's no big deal, I guess maybe that's what it's for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I appreciated being able to do other things. I could type on the computer, I could research do my work. I could actually be like actually doing things while apparently my skin was becoming flawless and tightened. I don't know, but I will say this. I like the way it felt. It's like warm and spot like. It does feel like you know what. I don't know if this is working, but even if it isn't, it feels nice.
Speaker 2: That's a nice experience.
Speaker 1: And I, yeah, it actually was pleasurable to put that on my face, maybe because it's fifteen degrees outside and it's nice and warm and I'm just rubbing it on my face. It feels lovely. And there is something this maybe like a plascebo effect, but there is something where you feel like you're targeting your problem areas. You know, you know what your issues are with your face that you'd like to soften, and so you can kind of choose where you're putting it versus a mass where it's just kind of going everywhere. It just feels like it's empowering, if that makes any sense. And so, yes, it's supposed to reduce redness, acne, fine lines, plumping, brightening, all this stuff. It's not invasive, and they say it works best if you put a serum on first because and it helps absorb that serum. So look, a lot of us ladies have expensive serums that we put on our face. So if you tell me I put that on and then I do this, that it's going to absorb quicker and deeper into my skin. That also there is some sort of feeling about that where you're like, okay, cool, I'm getting more for my money with the serums I'm using too.
Speaker 2: Does this company make a serum.
Speaker 1: I believe it does.
Speaker 2: I maybe recommend that this works, yes with.
Speaker 1: Wow, you should go into marketing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because I just came up with that brilliant marketing idea.
Speaker 1: Yes, if they recommend a serum and then didn't offer one, that would be silly on their part. So yes, all right. So here are the Amazon reviews, and these are people who win on I noticed and some of them talked about how it felt initially, and then some people said, hey, I've been using this for six weeks. I've been using this for two weeks, and I have to say I was surprised because it does seem like it could be gimmicky.
Speaker 2: Right, Wait, you were surprised surprised by the reviews.
Speaker 1: They were very positive eighty percent five to four stars. And I will say, whoever did the research I had producers on which gifts to test out, they must have looked at the reviews because these have all been extremely extraordinarily high reviewed, and that isn't always the case. But I thought I'd pull out a couple of them and then tell you what the bad reviews were, because that was also a note. But the positive I've been using the solo Wave four and one red light Therapy one for a few weeks now, and I am genuinely impressed. The combination of red light therapy, micro current, facial massage, and therapeutic warmth make each session feel like a mini spa treatment. I would totally agree with that. She then goes on to say, I've noticed a real difference in my skin, actually an overall brightness and reduced puffiness. The wand is light weight, easy to use, holds a charge surprisingly well, and I love that I can do a quick five minute session before bed and wake up looking refreshed. I mean, that's a huge endorse That's a huge endorsement.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Here's another one. And by the way, I kept going for pages and it was all five stars, verified users, five stars, and everyone saying that they noticed that their skin. Some people said, call me crazy, but after one use, I felt like my skin looked plumper and more refreshed. So this one said. I got one of these as a gift, and after using it for a little over two weeks, my college daughter wanted to use it. She noticed that it helped me with taking any redness away from my skin, but for her, it completely helped clearing up her skin. See this is not a done This is not a one and done solution. But if you're using the right cleansers and you're still having a hard time with acne, I have seen this do wonders for my daughter's skin, and apparently it's helping me with my crows feet too. We ended up having to buy her one as well, so her crows feet.
Speaker 2: What is that crow?
Speaker 1: You don't know what crows?
Speaker 2: I hear it, but I can't. I still only figured out what a.
Speaker 1: Here's why you probably don't know what crows feed are because I get botox and so I don't have crows feed. So when you smile normally, this all crinkles up right here, and it looks like a crow's foot, like a webbed cut of crows foot where you've got like five lines coming out. Does that smile? I know you're I know what smile right now? I don't think i've known. Okay, okay, yes you have. But it looks so good on men, It looks so distinguished. Crows feet, well, I might have looked they're massively reduced. Because I've been getting botox since I was thirty three years old.
Speaker 2: I'll be the judge of that. Oh good, now you don't want to smile.
Speaker 1: This is specific supposed to help with under eye wrinkles, which we all deal with. So that those are two very very well reviewed and like I'm not, I didn't just pluck out the best of the best. They're all like that. So I encourage everyone, if you're thinking about this, to go on and read the reviews.
Speaker 2: But do they bill it as something for Does the company itself say this is a company that clear up acting?
Speaker 1: Yes, they say it can clear up skin. Yes, they absolutely say that's part of the red light therapy is that it does it. And people have said this about red light therapy people who have acne or problems with pimples. If you go to the doctor, one of the points of attack is using red light therapy. So that is kind of a known thing. Pretty cool, all right, So when we come back, I'll read the negative review and let you all judge how you want to gauge that versus all the positive reviews. Will tell you where to buy it, how much it costs, it is a little pricey, and then we will tease tomorrow's gift. Welcome back, every one. We are talking about gift number twelve, the Sola Wave four in one red light therapy wand who doesn't want to have better looking skin?
Speaker 2: Everybody? We all do.
Speaker 1: It's what we wear every day. It's the most important thing that we have on our bodies, truly, that we want to take care of.
Speaker 2: And so my crows feet didn't really bothering me lately.
Speaker 1: Well, you should try the Solo wave wand. Yes, so we talked about all the positive reviews and I have only used it twice, so I can't tell you what the results are, but I can tell you it was a lovely experience, and that does make you want to keep doing this. This is something they say you should do every day.
Speaker 2: You didn't try it, and you look to see if possibly there were results and you couldn't.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll ask you. I've done it twice. You see what I look like every morning. I don't have any makeup on. Do you see anything different about my skin?
Speaker 2: You are as gorgeous as ever? M h huh, ye, allright, don't you do any like that in front of it? What do I say to you about your make up?
Speaker 1: You're very sweet. You always tell me that you like me best without makeup. When I first wake up in the morning, which is very very sweet, and I appreciate that, and so yes, this is nice to know that maybe it could just, I don't know, amplify enhance how you already Look. Here was the critical review I pulled out. It was very similar to all the other critical reviews. They all had this same exact complaint, which is on one hand good and on the other hand bad. No one complained about how it felt and how it actually resulted in better skin. In fact, the people who were making the negative complaints were all saying that they loved the wand they loved how it made their skin look and feel. But they all complained it stopped working after a certain period of time. Some said after four months, some said after six months. But they said they used it every day, five to twelve minutes a day, and they were very upset. So here's one stopped working after four months, which is such a pity because I really liked the product. I used it every day for about fifteen minutes, and this should not have happened. So they said, I feel like this was now a waste of time and money. I should have spent more money to buy something more high quality. Other people said that it stopped working after six months and were upset about that because they pointed to the price. The retail price on the Solo Wave one is one hundred and sixty nine dollars.
Speaker 2: That is a look for anybody. That's a non starter for me. Is there a warranty on this thing?
Speaker 1: So the warranty, someone said, is. I believe someone also complained about that. Whenever the warranty was like two days later, it stopped working. So that was another one of the complaints. But in one of them, they said they complained to Solo Wave and they gave them a new one, and so they said, I'll change my one star back to a five star. So nobody was upset about the product and its results and whether or not it did what it said as it does. It was how long it lasted.
Speaker 2: They got to do something about that. If it's the same complaint again, you get some random stuff every once in a while, the product is defective.
Speaker 1: It was a small percentage anytime.
Speaker 2: We know this, even looking at movie reviews, if they're consistent, you got to pay attention.
Speaker 1: So, yes, it was the same complaint, but I yes, eighty percent were positive and who knows. Maybe in six months there'd be more because more people are saying it stopped working after six months.
Speaker 2: How new is the product that?
Speaker 1: I don't know how, I don't know when this first thing came.
Speaker 2: That that sucks that you thought it was such a good product, but.
Speaker 1: It But you know what, I will say this one hundred and sixty nine dollars say it lasted six months. You did use this product every single day. All of these masks, I think some of them are five hundred dollars. They're very expensive. These red light there A products are and if you go into a actual physician or a physician's assistant or any kind of an esthetician's office, these light therapy add ons can be very pricey. So if you're thinking about something at home that travels, just it's a consideration because all of this type of therapy is expensive and so yes, you'd like it to last. Just to cautionary tail, I just urge everybody to go on to Amazon gauge for themselves what they think. But it is a fun gift to get, like this is this is something that I would say you might not buy for yourself, but if someone buys it for you, I always look at that when I'm trying to figure out what to give someone. What is fun, useful, purposeful, or interesting that somebody probably wouldn't buy for themselves.
Speaker 2: What age is this for? And I asked that because so many products now beauty products, I have to ask that, because it starts so.
Speaker 1: Young, I would say that I wouldn't want to buy this for anyone younger than someone in their twenties. Like you know, in your twenties, you start thinking about prevention. Obviously, sunscreen should be on from the moment you can, you know, think, But after that I just wouldn't want I wouldn't want my girls to be so obsessed with looking younger when they're already babies.
Speaker 2: What's the heat part of it?
Speaker 1: But it is, Oh, yes, you know what, you know what. You're right. If you have somebody who's problem skin, this would be a wonderful, non invasive way to try and tackle it where you're not putting on maybe harsh chemicals, you're not putting your child on harsh medications, which oftentimes is the case. It'd be worth a shot to see because those talk about those therapies act me anti ACTI therapies so expensive.
Speaker 2: And this one only colls you three hundred and twenty bucks a year. Could you have to replace it every six months? So there you go, bounce.
Speaker 1: Out all right, tomorrow's gift. We're excited about this one because guess what, our iHeart Producers sent us this product and we already had one. That's how much we like this product. So we're very happy to have two of these now. And I guess the best way to tease this, This is a wonderful gift for any music lover in the family.
Speaker 2: Who has a little class and style and we like to class up their joint a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's an elevated listening experience. How about that? With that, everyone, thank you so much for listening to us. We hope you've been enjoying our holiday gift guide. And without everyone, I made me roback alongside TJ. Holmes, Happy shopping