Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty and no He Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: Jailing.
Speaker 3: He scored three touchdowns on Sunday. You did, but the first one was doing what people are calling the toush push.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that what you call it?
Speaker 1: It's not what I call it. It's not what you call it's not what I call it. What do you call it?
Speaker 2: And I'm not gonna say what I called it?
Speaker 1: But it's okay.
Speaker 4: I'll take off too, because when I got there, I'm known as the toush push. But I didn't know if that's what we called But I thought it was called that, and it's not called the touchbush.
Speaker 1: Actually, no, what.
Speaker 2: Is your role in the in the.
Speaker 1: Quote unquote touch push.
Speaker 4: I think I have the easiest job, to be honest. I think I'm the one who pushes the tush.
Speaker 1: That's partly the running back. I pushed the tush and the quarterback for the Eagles. I wonder what they do call it. Obviously it's not a good one. It's got to be some sort of jam it up there, you know, whatever, Some sort of name like that I want. Oh I hope not. Yes, Michael, I was told to brotherly shove.
Speaker 5: The brotherly shove. That's the other nickname for it, because it's Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't think he'd be afraid to say that.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, that's not what they call Yeah, they call it something unerable.
Speaker 1: They call it, let's say, let's jam it, you know up there. I'll bet it something like that. And I don't appreciate the course language.
Speaker 5: Speaking of which, the next thing we're about to play, I think it's worth noting, first of all, this is not the most important part of it.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that.
Speaker 5: But the first part of it is Maxine Dexter, who's a Democrat congresswoman from Oregon.
Speaker 1: All the people you're about to hear are Congress people. And she's a.
Speaker 5: Nice like school teacher, sure mom, who decided to run for Congress.
Speaker 1: Nice person.
Speaker 5: I disagree with her politics, but and you can hear the discomfort in her voice as she's joining in the new slogan that's gonna turn America around.
Speaker 1: I am gonna tell you that we do have to.
Speaker 2: I don't swear in public very well, but we have to Trump.
Speaker 6: Please don't tell my children that I just said that.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you I'm from Jersey, so it look get a little different.
Speaker 1: Problem Donald Trump and Elon So you can chart this over my lifetime quite easily, of the coarseness of our politics and this let us go around. There was the F Joe Biden, but politicians weren't saying it. Football crowds were chanting it or whatever, but you didn't have a rally on the steps. Now it's gone from the football crowd to the politicians saying F the President. And I don't really I think we might be at the end of the road unless, like you said earlier, well, right, we're at the lowest common denominator, unless we just moved that final step to taking a crap on the stage and pointing at it, no words necessary. Right, our discourse has got as low as it can possibly get.
Speaker 5: I think they've got to start showing Idiocracy the Great movie in the Civics class in eighth grade, in the few school districts that have civics classes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you know what it is.
Speaker 5: If I were to put on my serious political analyst hat, it's a nakedly transparent and frantic effort to gather the troops around some message, any message of defiance and resistance to the Trump administration. But try as they might, they're just not finding anything. Howling about Elon Musk being any dollar gark and unelected. In the rest of it. I mean, it's it's okay.
Speaker 1: For the base.
Speaker 5: The base is digging it, they're loving it the base, but the base is way too small.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got I got a point on that to make. But I want to read this text because a last hour we're talking about Elon and Trump in the Oval office yesterday, and Elon was talking about uh, Trump was talking about various government programs or where people get paid long after their contract has ended and nobody pays any attention and blah blah blah. So we got this text. I was receiving dozens and dozens of COVID payments in other people's names at my rural mailbox, and I returned all of them, indicating that the fraudulent nature, and not one person from the government asked me a single question. They just send them month after month after month. Wow. I'm thinking if I ever got something like that I'm put in the bank, I might not spend it under the fear that at some point somebody catches on and comes and says, hey, where's our two hundred and twenty five thousand dollars we've over the last ten years, And then I wouldn't have it, but I might put it in the bank. I don't know. I pay a lot of tax, that's that's sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, as long as you knew you could write them that check when they finally came a calling.
Speaker 1: If they finally came a calling.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, I don't think there's any issue with that whatsoever.
Speaker 1: And in fact, it could be argued you kept it safe to the political rhetoric. And I will mention for the one millionth time of book nobody has read but me, Paris on Fire. It's about the they had a civil war in France, particularly in Paris in eighteen seventy in eighteen seventy one, that I had never read about or heard about. And it's amazing it got as ugly as what Hamas did to the Jews on that day, between people that grew up in France, their whole lives lived in Paris, or whole lives to each other. I mean that brutal in Paris in eighteen seventy wow, because of the politics ramping up and ramping up and ramping up in what people were saying about each other and claiming that they're side could do. And one thing the author said, as once it finally calmed down and they're trying to put things back together, and everybody's just gobsmacked by what the hell just happened. Buildings are rubble all around Paris, the stench of dead bodies everywhere. Everybody knows somebody that was raped or mutilated or tortured or whatever in Paris, France, which at the time was the most sophisticated city in the world, and the whole world was looking at it like what the hell that can happen? And one thing the author said that I thought was so interesting and we might see this in our lifetimes. After that political speeches, nobody was paying any attention, like we've heard this before, we've heard this, we know where this goes. You getting us all riled up and claiming the other side is evil in our side's always right. And it took a long time before anybody believed politicians again after that happened.
Speaker 5: How interesting, That's what I thought. Yeah, the aftermath of it. I hadn't even considered that.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, this isn't a game. But I'm sure you finally at some point think, oh, oh, this isn't a game. I understand, and this is where it can go if we demonize the other side so much for so long, and oh oh, your claims of all my dreams will come true? Not so much. Yeah, yeah, this has always been true of politics. I'm gonna keep this very vague.
Speaker 5: I ran into some folks recently who are very very modest circumstances in life, and from a place like many of us live, that is very very blue, and in spite of their complete lack of political sophistication, they held completely confident contempt for anybody who thought differently than the people that surround them. And I, you know, since I've been studying this stuff since I was a little kid, it doesn't threaten me.
Speaker 1: I don't get angry. I'm just interested in it mostly. You know.
Speaker 5: Obviously, on an electoral level, when elections are when and lost in decisions get made, then I care a lot. But just when I'm interacting with individuals, I'm more curious than anything. And it was absolutely clear to me in that moment that it was the classic I have to feel better than someone to feel good about myself phenomenon. And the problem with that feeling because we it's I mean, that's like a constant and humankind. It explains a lot of racism and xenophobia or whatever. But the problem is now that politics is omnipresent in our lives. And if that feeling is Jack was just describing about, you know, Paris in the eighteen seventies, if that feeling extends to politics and then political violence, it ends in horrific bloodshed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it can all come apart. And and that's why for a couple hundred years anyway, we had people speaking politicians about each other. I disagree with the good gentleman from Missouri, I think the fact friend from Kansas. Yeah, the reason they went so far that direction was it can go It can really come apart, and I just you know, wow, I'm you know, if you've listened to this show for years, you know, I'm more than capable of laughing at you know, F this and F that and all that sort of low level discourse. But you don't want it to all just disintegrate. Yeah, it's a step away from I hate you. I hate you, and that's the only discourse that crosses the austs. We're discussing earlier, the stuff Elon Musk said, and we'll play some more of the audio from his impromptu I guess a press conference in the Oval Office yesterday, in which he was explaining in extremely calm and measured ways, perfectly sensible descriptions of the fiscal crisis that we're nearing as a country and how we have to rein in spending on the not so great, not so important stuff, or we'll have no money for the very very great, extremely important stuff and soon. And by the way, just as an aside, the idea among some people, particularly on particularly on the left, that we can just grow our way out of our debt problems. It's a very Wolf of Wall Street esque view of life. We'll just make more and more and more money.
Speaker 5: It's okay, how much we're spending on cocaine, hookers and giant houses and cars, Well, just keep making more money. It's just, oh my god, it's an idiotic notion. But anyway, the fact that he would say what he said in such reasonable tones and have some of the heavyweights of media and society and academia.
Speaker 1: He's a monster in reply to what he said, that's troubling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's as if he said, puppies are cute, and good nutrition helps keep you healthy, and gosh, there's nothing better than a spring day. And he was screeched at as a monster for saying those things, as if he were.
Speaker 1: Saying I hate poor people and they should suffer, or I hate this race or that race.
Speaker 5: That's the way it's being treated, right, Yeah, is there getting past this without horrific bloodshed? And it's worth noting we had our own civil war, perhaps you've heard of it, which probably gave birth to a lot of that civility in our government for a very long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're exactly right. You're exactly right. That is probably what led to the let's keep this really really cool from here on out right, so that doesn't happen again. Yeah, Well, so there you go. I don't expect it to get turned around anytime soon.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know what would overwhelming success of the Trump administration would help. Although, man, I'm gonna be a little pessimistic here. If you could not get the average voter to be aware of our mounting debt crisis and vote in ways that would be good to get rid of it. How are you going to get their praise for solving it.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot more to talk about. There's a rush around the country to buy chickens amid the eggs shortage. People trying to figure out what equipment do I need to have chickens in my backyard or my garage. I don't know how many eggs you all eat. I'm not going to become a chicken farmer all of a sudden because eggs are more expensive. I'll just eat fewer eggs, I guess. And now credit where it's due.
Speaker 5: Some notable liberal media let's saying, Hey, the whole keeping the kids out of school thing during COVID was a disaster, and it's way worse than Blue States.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I love hearing that. I hate to love I love that. I h I'll work on that. Stay tuned. So news of the day inflation about three percent in January, higher than economists expected. Market drops, blah blah blah. You know the story. It's left over from the Biden administration. But the next inflation numbers people will blame on Trump rightly or wrongly, and I think wrongly that early, but you know that's how it will work.
Speaker 5: January is huge too, because it's when many, many, many businesses look at how last year went and say, hey, look we got to reprint the menus with higher prices.
Speaker 1: During inflation, there was a lot of talk about, well, everything was more expensive when we talked about it all the time, but eggs and bacon regularly got mentioned. Eggs are particularly expensive. Now you combine inflation with the bird flu and destroying so many chickens and all this sort of stuff that's going on around the country, and eggs are the most expensive they've ever been. I continue to wonder how many eggs do you all eat? How vital is it to your diet. I don't eat that many eggs, and even if I did, if they got more expensive than I wanted to pay, I'd switched to something else. But you know, I don't know. It must be very important to many of you, because I saw this on TV and then I googled it and I came across a news story, afternoon story all across the country buying chickens to save money on eggs. Fox thirteen Seattle Rising egg prices have Sacramento County residents flocking to feed stores to buy laying heads, and Orlando hig egg prices lead people to start buying chickens, and it's all over the country. People are buying, setting up becoming chicken farmers so they can provide their own eggs. And it reminds me of when gas prices get high and some people will trade in a car at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars to save an extra ten dollars a week briefly while gas is high. And it happens all the time. I remember when we were endorsing a car lot once he said, oh yeah, gas prices get high, and we get people coming in, you know, changing their least costing them tons of money to because gases. People don't do the math. I'm the same with the chickens. I mean, living on the farm, we had chickens laying lots of eggs. First of all, you don't need that many chickens because you will have more eggs than you know what to do with. Before you know.
Speaker 5: It, what's the average output per chicken. I'm a city guy. I don't know this.
Speaker 1: I wasn't counting it. Per chicken heine. But I know we had a few hens, and we had I mean just was constantly eating eggs, not wanting them to go to waste, and just eggs. You know, eggs everywhere, and of course.
Speaker 5: In California, you couldn't give them to your neighbors except under the dark of night to risk being accused of unlicensed chicken good distribution.
Speaker 1: Well, the other problem you're going to have is unless maybe you don't have a dog. But if you have your dog, your dog is going to eat your chickens. And if it doesn't eat your chickens, it's gonna eat your eggs. So you have to keep the dog out of the henhouse. Somehow it will eat your chickens, it will eat your eggs, and you'll have your eggs sucking dog. We have a very fat blue healer dog that eats so many eggs.
Speaker 5: Well, longtime listeners the show, remember when my two Labrador Retrievers murdered several neighborhood chickens, causing a great deal of angst in the hood.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is about chickens and dogs, but some dogs don't care. They're fine, They'll just walk Buy a chicken other dogs. It's like their life's gold to kill that chicken. And you can't train them out of it or nothing. No, and they don't eat it. They just kill it. Yeah. Yeah, they just are really bothered by the existence of a chicken for some reason. Although if your dog eats endless eggs, it will have a very shiny coat. I have learned that. But I gotta believe that building a coop, especially in an urban area, because you're gonna have to build a coop. You can't just let them run around the farm like we do. You build a coop and you get the feet and you buy the chickens. I don't know how ahead you're gonna come out on this deal.
Speaker 5: Oh, somebody's got to watch them when you go on vacation or whatever too, which is a pain in the butt. Although just the very primal nature of the kind of the unplugged, not twenty first century nature of tending to beasts and raising plants and stuff that really appeals to me.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's awesome. It is a great feeling.
Speaker 5: Even lefty media is saying, yeah, keeping the schools closed during COVID was a disaster.
Speaker 7: More on that to come Armstrong and getty right, but show where some of the details that have come out, like the you know, fifty nine million dollars spent on luxury hotels, it's actually not.
Speaker 1: About the femal money that was a used for migrants. That was, yeah, FEMA money for migrants.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 1: Now no I'm not saying it. So I'm not saying it's okay. Don't put word So would you stop that?
Speaker 2: Would you stop that process?
Speaker 1: Don't be a dick?
Speaker 5: That's a little Andy Cooper there on CNN telling his guests Johnson UNU not to.
Speaker 1: Be in and I quote Dick uh. Breaking news Fox anyway is reporting that Tulsia Gabbard because they're about to vote Tulsia Gabbard is on track to be confirmed as Director of Intelligence. They've talked to senators and counted and say it's going to happen. It wouldn't be hard to do because you know who the the whole out last knows were And if you got enough of those to say now I'm gonna go ahead and vote yes, you'd know, which reminds me. Came across this from the Dispatch, who is really against Tulsa Gabbard being confirmed a lot of my favorite thinkers are and I don't think there are deep state hacks either. Snowden's leak and this was controversial. Remember in our hearing the other day, she refused to call Snowden a trader. And Snowden's leak cost US critical access to a network we'd penetrated, depriving US policy makers of potential high value insights into thinking and directives of senior Chinese officials. How Snowden's leaks benefited China. We would be in, or would have been in until we got caught, So the inner thinking of China for quite a while if Snowden hadn't revealed that. Yeah. See, I got an argument at the bank yesterday about the Patriot Act. I talked about it earlier, Grab Hour one, Armstrong, Getty on Demand. There's a lot of bad stuff in the Patriot Act that I'm glad Snowden alerted to about. You didn't need to tell the world that we are spying on China, you dick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was classic case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater, which is what the expression is all about. He just went way, way, way too far, god, I'd say, And he didn't have to.
Speaker 1: And it was inexcusable and yes, traitorous. And if you'd gone to France or someplace instead of Russia, we might have more respect for you.
Speaker 5: There are any number of countries around the world that don't have extradition treaties with the US. But anyway, Yeah, so I'm very uneasy with Telsea Gabbert. But we'll have to see the Senate Advisors and Consents, and they're about to apparently.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I lean toward to the idea of the president gets to pick who he wants unless they're just like a flat out criminal. Well, I'll let him pick who he wants and Gore.
Speaker 5: One of my complaints about Trump is that he is too transactional, that if you are loyal to him and go to bat for him, he will you to a position that you're unqualified for, whether by morals or ability or whatever.
Speaker 1: Or you know.
Speaker 5: Partnering Steve Bannon I think is absolutely absurd, especially because Bannon ripped off a bunch of Trump supporters. This fake private wall building fund scheme ridiculous. Everybody else involved in it is in prison and should be. So, you know, having said that, except for that sort of thing, Yeah, it's his department, it's his cabinet and famously recently, Oh and it struck me listening to Elon Musk why that was so novel. It was listening to a guy who actually has some pretty significant discretionary power in the government, in the executive branch. Because for the last you know, a couple of decades, especially, cabinet heads are just ceremonial figureheads. Practically, they're implementers of what the president tells them to do.
Speaker 1: They do not have the awesome.
Speaker 5: Powers traditionally of that office anymore. So it's just not that big a deal.
Speaker 1: Well, right, that's why to me, if you were going to really clamp that, the Senate was going to really clamp down, will decide who your cabinet member is going to be, Well, you just pick somebody that passes the Senate and you'd get your advice from somebody else. Nobody can stop you from getting advice from someone. Right.
Speaker 5: Sure, So, speaking of policy, and this is so incredibly important, Jack is afraid it will vanish into the dustbin of history.
Speaker 1: And I think he's probably right.
Speaker 5: But now, even for instance, the New York Times is admitting keeping the schools closed was a horrific idea and utterly unnecessary.
Speaker 1: I called it a disaster before.
Speaker 5: No Mount Krakatoa covering your village in Lava is a disaster. This was a crime, a partisan political crime, and the victims were children in society as a whole.
Speaker 1: And one of the worst things our government has ever done.
Speaker 5: Yes, I would agree absolutely. It was like the internment of the Japanese or whatever. You could even make a case for that. The scientific case for keeping the little kids out of school was null and void within a few months of the beginning of COVID. Anyway, New York Times writing us, yeah, paying the price. School Children in Massachusetts, Ohio, and Pennsylvania are still about a half year behind typical pre COVID reading levels. In Florida and Michigan, the gap is about three quarters of a year. In Maine, Oregon and Vermont, for instance, it's close to a full year. This morning, Group academic researchers released their latest report card on pandemic learning loss and it shows a disappointingly slow recovery in almost every state.
Speaker 1: And maybe closures, yes, and maybe you're going to get into this or they get into this, but that's just measuring the learning without measuring the disruption to classes. We've heard from lots of teachers of kids are different now. They missed a couple of years of having to sit there and pay attention and get homework done, and they just they're not You can't get them back in the groove. They don't really get into that.
Speaker 5: And I'm really glad you brought that up, because the socio psychological damage to kids. Hell, that might make the reading scores look like you know, I think school closures during COVID set children back in most districts have not been able to make up the lost ground, obviously, partly because kids, when they're that young, they absorb information in a way that I envy with every fiber of me. And you can't just have them not do that for a while and say, all right now we're going to do it even more than usual.
Speaker 1: It's not the way kids work. Yeah, does everybody not know that or whatever? But anyway, up until about age eight, your brain runs about a thousand times faster it does after that. You take a kid out of school for two years before age eight, Oh my god, you've done damage to them. Yes, that's a horrifying Yeah.
Speaker 5: So and here we get into a couple of the more interesting specific aspects of this other a reason for the lack of, you know, catching up progress is school absences. The huge rise has continued long after COVID, says Thomas Kane, Harvard Economists, member of the research team that we're going to talk about a little. It said, the pandemic may have been the earthquake, but heightened absenteeism is that tsunami.
Speaker 1: And it's still rolling through school right that part, not just not showing up to school, is still a problem.
Speaker 5: And as I've said many times, when the New York Times isn't being just unforgivably idiotically biased, they actually do some pretty good deep dive reporting and they look into the state variations. According to a new report from scholars at your big name universities comparing performances across states, I.
Speaker 1: Hope you're not going to tell me that blue cities and states even got poorer performance than red I hope you're not gonna have it.
Speaker 5: I'm going to need you to sit down. I need you to brace yourself. Michael Jack's about to need a big hug, all right.
Speaker 1: Let me know how he.
Speaker 5: Loves that from other males. So today's report shares a wide variety of outcomes. In the states that have made up the most ground, they're getting close to how they were doing five years ago, but the overall.
Speaker 1: Picture is not good.
Speaker 5: And I will skip some of the spatistic specific stats and get to what they call the Blue Red divide. Political leaders in red and blue America made different decisions during the pandemic. Gavin Newsom, I'm looking at you, you lying monster, James Prisker, child grooming scumback.
Speaker 1: Because rage reads disdeath santus and people like that wanted kids to die for some reason. They enjoy stacks of dead children at their skulls, right exactly.
Speaker 5: Many schools in heavily democratic area stayed closed for almost a year from the spring of twenty twenty to the spring of twenty twenty one, or longer.
Speaker 1: It was longer than that around here, or kel Unicornia. Yeah.
Speaker 5: In some Republican areas, by contrast, schools remain closed only for the spring of twenty twenty and opened right up. And this helps explain a partisan gap in learning loss.
Speaker 1: How you get in the specific status. I can't believe this wasn't more fairly reported on or discussed or whatever. I use this example all the time because I got it in my own life. I got two schools seven miles apart, the public school and the private school. My son's now in. The private school barely shut down at all. The public school was closed for like two years. And there were not I was joking. There were not stacks of dead children everywhere, nor teachers. No, nor teachers. The private school was fine. Now, how do you explain that teachers union public schools. How do you explain that that school's open over there, and it's not like they got tons extra money for some sort of special ventilation or something like that. What a joke.
Speaker 5: Randy Weingarten, the head of the big teachers Union, who is a demon from hell sent to punish us for our sins, used it like other unions did, as leverage. You want the kids back in. I can tell you really really want the kids back in. You got to give us more money. You got to give us more of this, You got to give us more of that. No, and the kids stay home.
Speaker 1: I fully believe she was doing that and knew that, And I honestly don't know how she sleeps at night. I don't because she has no concerence. Monster, You are a monster. You certainly don't care about children. I mean, you're beyond not caring about them. You're fine with them having awful lives if you can have more power. You're a disgusting human being.
Speaker 5: But you know what she's like, yah Ya Sinlar of Hamas she cares in children insomuch as they are leverage, just like Sinwar and Jimaski's about Palestinian citizens.
Speaker 1: I put it to their deaths are leverage. Yeah, I put her in that category, but I know plenty of teachers that that's not what their angle was. They believed the whole it was too dangerous to have schools open thing for summer.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, because Trump said it was good to open them. The left went crazy explaining how incredibly unwise that would be. There's so many things I want to talk about and information I have in front of me, but I'm going to narrow it down for the interest of time and if there needed to be more horrifying irony for the political left. All kids were hurt pretty badly. Poor kids were just deamated, and there bounce back time even worse.
Speaker 1: Sure, we talked about that during the time this is the least progressive thing you could possibly do, because guess what, I hired a tutor for my kid. If you can't for whatever reason, you're in worse shape. So you're standing up for the down drodden, are you?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: The last thing I want to squeeze in, and I wish we had a little more time. Maybe we can do it after the break. But we got a great note from a teacher who pointed out a handful of things. He said, First of all, he agrees there isn't one single cause, and he agrees with many many of the things we've said about education. But he also wants to point out that the nature of the tests has changed a good deal. So to compare scores from like the seventies and eighties to today is not apples to apples, So it's misleading in its own way. I found it really interesting, and again, maybe we can get into it in detail.
Speaker 1: I don't know our four.
Speaker 5: But he also says that being said, test scores are bad and the following has made this situation worse. Increase in second language students, increase in chaotic homes, the rise in technological distractions, a decrease in attention spans, children read less on their own, increased absenteeism, culture changes, and yes, Joe woke ass up with trans diversity, this, that and the other thing taking time and attention.
Speaker 1: And also well, I don't want to go down this road some other day about spending on schools then versus now.
Speaker 5: Oh, and the one hundred and twenty seven or three hundred percent increase in administration was opposed to students.
Speaker 1: Like one example, every school when I was a kid used to have these band uniforms that had to be incredibly expensive. Schools can't do that now. There's just no money for that. Where art they have music classes at all. If you have music classes or art classes at all, And we had those, and we had plenty of art supplies and bank uniforms and all this different sort of stuff, And then you got the whole every girl's straight a student thing that goes on now that didn't use the harpanslation. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Dave signs off from Swine's teat Nevada.
Speaker 1: I have traveled the highways and.
Speaker 5: Byways of the fair state of Nevada, Dave, and I have not found myself yet in the charming burg of Swine's teeth.
Speaker 1: But I hope and you hope to see it and its citizens sometimes in suburb of Elco.
Speaker 5: Okay or Eli beautiful Lily Eely is beautiful this time of year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, that story gets me so worked up and so mad because I had kids, I mean right in the thick of it during the whole thing. Oh. I know, I'll be resentful about that the rest of my life. Derangement syndrome, no doubt. Chelsea Gabbard, have the votes come in? News Nation says they're in and she's confirmed. Nobody else is reporting that, but they will be voting soon and won't let you know. Stay here.
Speaker 8: Lakers gave out nineteen thousand, number seventy seven T shirts to celebrate the arrival of Luke Dauncic. You could see the chemistry between Luca and Lebron right off the bat.
Speaker 2: Luca got a huge La.
Speaker 8: Welcome in front of a sold out crowd.
Speaker 1: It was a big night.
Speaker 8: Nobody knows why the Mavericks made this trade. One of the storylines is that it was because of his weight. Mavericks had concerned about his conditioning, whereas the fans in Dallas do not.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you, I guess have you turning on the TV.
Speaker 8: See a bunch of people chanting he's not fat. The first thing you think is I must be fat, I guess, but don't worry.
Speaker 2: This is LA.
Speaker 8: We do not allow fat here. We will get some ozepic into your gatorade. You will fit in.
Speaker 2: Look what we did to John Goodman, we can do that to you.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's funny.
Speaker 5: Break Kimmel isn't being obnoxious, he's hilarious bringing.
Speaker 1: Back he's not fat. That's one of the strangest high level trades that I can remember in pro sports history.
Speaker 5: Right, given this brock for what's his name back in the sixties.
Speaker 1: But completely a surprise to the players. Yeah what now? Anyway, the breaking news, Tulsea Gobert has been confirmed. She is your Director of National Intelligence and has been confirmed fifty to forty eight, with only Mitch McConnell joining the Democrats in opposition. So there you go, party line vote plus Mitch McConnell. Just have to see that how it goes.
Speaker 5: So if I ever leave the show, which is unlikely, I sure hope the folks will rally outside the radio ranch and chant to bring him back. He's not fat. On my behalf, because that would be an honor Katie Green. What what should we know about what we're about to play?
Speaker 9: So I was scrolling through TikTok and this popped up on my for you page, and the visual of this, it's a woman filming it. Her husband is driving and he has headphones in and she's clearly talking at him, but he cannot hear her.
Speaker 10: And this is how it goes down.
Speaker 6: I thinks I talk too much. I can't get a word in edge wise when I'm talking.
Speaker 2: To my girls.
Speaker 6: But we're on a road trip in a confined space, and he's got your buds in listening to Armstrong and Goody yeah.
Speaker 1: Good Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah he can't.
Speaker 9: He says he can't get a word in edgewise, and he's sitting there. He doesn't hear a thing she's saying because he's listening to you guys.
Speaker 5: That's funny we made TikTok. I hope she j In Ping doesn't purge that clip because it mentions the flaming anti communists arm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 1: Uh. I, So you have TikTok on your phone or what you Yeah? How much do you enjoy it?
Speaker 10: It's it's okay. I mean the algorithms.
Speaker 9: Definitely, it catches my attention, but I try to, you know, not use it as much because the China thing.
Speaker 1: I wish I could do it. I mean I would like to. I would like to, but I'm not going to.
Speaker 10: There's a lot of obnoxious crap on there.
Speaker 9: But somehow that algorithm put that video on my phone yesterday.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Don't trust China. So it knows where you work it probably, or just knows what radio show has beloved coast to coast.
Speaker 9: Yeah, or it hears it through my phone when I'm on with you guys every day.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure, but I thought that was hilarious.
Speaker 1: That is funny, funny. Bring him back, he's not fat. That's a good chance. Oh boy. So we do four hours every day day and if you don't get every hour, every segment, you should find our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand, for instance, what We're gonna do an hour four The best example maybe yet of a bloated, slow bureaucracy resistant to change that Elon laid out in the Oval Office yesterday with Trump. I mean, it's hilarious. You can't believe it's true. Elon couldn't believe it's true. But it is true, and we'll have that an hour for could not love it more.
Speaker 5: And with all the ridiculous stories that are elevated and we're all supposed to yell at each other about and care about that, two days later you don't even remember what they were. Reining in spending balancing the federal books is the most important story we could possibly talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and creating a different culture where people care about your dollars. Armstrong and Getty