Speaker 1: Flame Flame.
Speaker 2: She if you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name flame, my bro also known as my roe Flame.
Speaker 1: Come in with last and come in with Jim love loundes. Baby, you better catch it when you can't drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tips? Yeah you know? She read Shot Towns on speaking to the grown a second year. We're gonna last to cut him and kick it in at the again. We leave it with just a lift his spirits. Think you want to revisit so your first second listen, young folks say you slip? Oh folks that we dig it? Kay, No, this do what you do? Cain, No, this do what you do? Can't No, kids do what I do? No this.
Speaker 3: Week, Hey, hey, hey, welcome to laugh and learn. This is the last episode of twenty twenty three, and we are very excited.
Speaker 2: For the new year. Yeah we almost. We made it, Bobby Clifford, we made it. Let me start off by thanking you guys so much for being here and being subscribers and following us and listening to us and rolling with us. You'll never know how much that means to us, because because you guys have been here with us and just roll with us and hung with us. We are getting a season four. Who I just took my panties off and throw him at the screen. Bobby, Now I can't play on the phone.
Speaker 1: I'm like Henret comes to duct Tank.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I am so elated that we made it through this year. This was such a trying year, but with so much wonderful thing, so many wonderful things that happened. My name is slam monro Lady M. I'm your host, and here with my gorgeous co host, Miss Kan't miss Toots herself. Bobby Clifford, Hi.
Speaker 1: Bobby hid Hi, how are you flame?
Speaker 2: We made it? We made it, Bobby Cliffon. Through twenty twenty three, I produced Mister Aaron Howard is here, Hi Aaron? And guess what? Guess what, Bobby what? Start telling it what happened in twenty Let's reflect before we go on forward. Let's reflect before.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, indictments, many ninety one.
Speaker 2: Indictments, Well we had those were the downs. I just want to talk about the positive things that happened this year. Was look No, I actually toured with a Chapelle the book that I narrated for James Hannah, which is didn nobody give a shit? What happened to Colada is on the New York Times and number two for automilebooks for twenty twenty two. I got another deal. What I heart. I was able to travel with Tiffany hat Ish. Just so many wonderful positive things, and we appreciate that those are the eyes. But as far as where the country goes, the economy seems to be doing a little better that Joe Biden President Joe Biden. The dow has hit recognighs that it has never hit everybody. People are struggling financially mostly everywhere. But push all the negative away and let's get to the positive. COVID is not as prevalent as it was. It's still here, No, don't get it. Don't get it twisted that it's not here. It's still here, but it's not as prevalent. People are not dying like they like they did in the previous year. So a lot of positive things have happened, and the sad parties that we're still stuck in these wars or what have you, But hopefully we'll get all of that resolved soon. What else happened this year, Bobby, that I just want to scream about.
Speaker 1: Well, I indictments depending on which side you on. For some people kind of interested.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you my favorite indictment. Let me take my favorite judgment that happened this year. That last week Rudy Giulianti had to pay one hundred and forty eight million dollars for the two black women that he lied on consistently and ridiculously. So I am glad. I don't know if they're ever going to get their money, but I know when they told Rudy Giuliati he had to play one hundred and forty eight million dollars that the Beijing ran down both sides of his face, in the back of his neck.
Speaker 1: Good god, oh my god, did you see it? He is part of me if I want to be, if I want to be a grown up and not pick part of me. Says he's got to have some sort of dementia. He comes out and he's already talking about when a reasonable he hasn't even put the appeal in yet, when a reasonable jury, here's the case. They're gonna throw it out so quick, they're gonna you know, you're gonna your head's gonna spin. You know, the dust hasn't even worn off from the bench he was just sitting on. He's he's just nuts. He's just nuts. And I don't know how he's paying these attorneys. I find that even more interesting. You know, he's not getting any help from his friend. He bolsted up his friend. All this was done to help Trump. And I am sure Trump isn't paying the legal bills. I don't know if anybody is.
Speaker 2: Trump they paying his old damn legal bills night his followers are.
Speaker 1: It's true and he and I'm sure he needs every penny that he's actually getting, so he couldn't help Juliana you even if he wanted to. But he's got other case. This isn't it. You know, even if he appeals this one, he still has other cases that are outstanding. So he shouldn't be as smiley as he is. Unfortunately, he went from you know, America's mayor to just this hot mess of I don't even know what a pile of pool.
Speaker 2: Ooh ooh by so cool.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, that's Giuliani done. God bless him.
Speaker 2: Giuliani. Giuliani is stuck in his ways and Giuliani did rad that whole title of America's mayor after nine one one in two thousand and one, and he was the top of the He was at the top of the heap. He was respected, he was mold, he was looked at with admiration. And yep, he got on the He drank the kool aid and got on a ridiculous train and became the conductor. Because he was never the driver. He became the conductor. And now he is the toilet. He is He's the man that cleaned.
Speaker 1: He got the big head. As my grandmother would say, just just absolutely nuts. Did you see I thought this was hysterical, talk about having a bad day. I seem to get caught for everything, but not as much as this guy. Did you see that Biden? Biden's motor car got hit accidentally by a drunk He was on his phone drunk and hit one of the cars in the moticade while they were in I think I don't know if they were shopping. I actually don't know what in the world that they were doing. Nobody was hurt, but I'm thinking of all the people in the world that you could hit, you hit the president of the United States, motivated. Talk about they say when you hit you low. I don't know if this guy could get any lower than that. He was a forty six year old from Wilmington, Delaware.
Speaker 2: Let me say this, My favorite part of that whole story is at least Biden was driving, because you know, they love.
Speaker 1: Bout was like, what the hell? He was like, what's going on here? I can't even imagine, can you men, You're drunk as it is, feeling like shit, and then all of a sudden, forty Secret Service Service agents surrounding your car. I don't know if it could get it, if it could be a worse days.
Speaker 2: Real quick, I guarantee you when he saw all them guns on him, that's overed him right quickly. I couldn't even at least President Biden wasn't driving because there had been a bike, I'd be like, oh Biden was on that bike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, And thank god there wasn't a soul, including the including the man that that hit them. Nobody got hurt, you know, it wasn't, So that was actually a positive ending. I just thought, of all the people in the world, anybody that you could hit, you didn't even a cop car would have been better. Than hitting the motorcade. But nope, he hit the motorcade, bless his little heart.
Speaker 2: So those those cars are are not this aluminum that they making.
Speaker 1: Cars like the Beast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like because they made to be bulletproof and all of that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so it's not a h It must have crunched, but they didn't show us that part of it.
Speaker 2: So well, I'm going to nobody was injured. Yeah, they're damn sure gonna put him in jail here, DUI is damn show in his teat. Maybe he should have been in a test because don't they drive you home?
Speaker 1: No, Unfortunately they don't, And they're like the wind. A friend of ours had one. He would hit the gas and you felt like you went ninety miles an hour within a second because there's no fluids or anything that have to catch up. But I felt like a stiff wind could have could have taken you home.
Speaker 2: There's so many jokes in that whole statement.
Speaker 1: If when it's no.
Speaker 2: Fluids you have to call Bobby, get your man out the gutter, or is it me? I just want to know, And while we're in the gutter, let me tell you how I feel about this situation. And I'm just gonna point this out America. I want you guys to hear his flay mess and everybody's listening out there and laugh and learn laying. So, George Santos was ousted last week. Finally, after what is it nine months, ten.
Speaker 1: Months taken out the trash.
Speaker 2: Thank God for Jesus, with being caught in his lines and holding that seat, just to the Senate to have that power, they finally ousted him. He went to Cameo, making more money on Cameo, doing all these random interviews, and now he wants to do RuPaul's Drag Race because, according to sources in the media, he turned down Dancing with the Stars, but now he wants to do RuPaul's Drag Race because he says he wants to read a couple of drag queens. Reading means he wants to talk bad about people. But here's the killer. This is the same person who was on the Republican ticket who signed the bill saying don't say gay and no more drag shows. Meanwhile, he's openly gay. He has done drag shows in the past, and he now he wants to redo drag shows again. And y'all are probably the probability of him getting on there is probably yeah, because it's the sensationalism. It's going to be ratings. But you know, certain people like myself who have different opinions of what y'all think. Y'all want to ostracize and blacklist. It is such selective outrage and ridiculousness. But I'm tell you what, Bobby Clifford, I think it's the hypocrisy of it all. But we'll see. Because this is America, and America right now, sensation lives in sales. It just does.
Speaker 1: Oh it does. But he wouldn't want Dancing with the Stars flame at all because that's work. He's never worked. You know, tell me one thing that he's done. The first constituency when he was in Congress. You see that the professional athletes that go on Dancing with the Stars, other than the athletes, meaning the dancers, they go on and say it's harder than even their training camps and whatever their preferred sport is that they play. Whether we've had baseball players on their hockey players, basketball players and football and they've all said that was worse and more grueling and you had to have actual discipline. So not one of those words or adjectives describes Juord Santos, God, bless him. He's gonna get what he gets. Let's see if he winds up in jail himself, spicking about indictments.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to see him in drag because he shaved like an egg with legs and I'm just I got a tight and that ain't the tight. Good God, now.
Speaker 1: In his face always I'm gonna set you up again. His mouth is always wet, like what is that? Is that his bonnie on?
Speaker 2: That's not always a bad thing.
Speaker 1: It's just iw I always want to like rub it. It's like I don't know. Yeah, bless his a little heart, but there's something about that that always I'm like, are you drooling? Did you eat something? What is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm so happy that they finally came to their census and removed him, because what it really did represent and send out to the public was we tolerated this, and we allowed this to happen for such a long time. It would be different if y'all found out a week before and then the week lady y'all ousted him. But you all have been knowing that this was a fictitious. He lied to get this position for months, for months and let it Ride's showed it clearly showed a disgruntled message to the country and to the world that the that the Gops have become, that the Republicans have become soft. They should have never allowed that to go on for such a long time, but they did. But thank God that they finally came to their senses. Hopefully they will put somebody with some with some sense and some experience in that seat, whether it be Republican or Democrats, some experience. That is what's missing to me in politics. Everybody just gets in because they know somebody else or their family is a family member. But there's no experience. And since we're speaking about no experience, can we talk about Ramaswami getting caught up angry on him on loud and told somebody f you? He told he had somebody fuck you. He did, but I think it slipped because those teeth are too big for his mouth. You know, those teeth look like that doll commercial. Ever seen that doll commercial? In his mouth he had the human teeth. Those teeth are way too big for his mouth.
Speaker 1: Good God, those the little girls wear them and the pageants, I think they call them flippers.
Speaker 2: His message is so off and his his rhetoric is so bonkers. But because he's rich and he does the smile is nice, even though it's over to bea but the smile is as sake as he is. He is.
Speaker 1: He's like when we were little kids, we would have called him a copycash. You know, I feel like he doesn't have an original idea of his own. He it's what he can pick off of what the the far right side GOP. He thinks that they want to hear. You know what Trump's people want to hear. We've spoken about it before many times on this podcast. That he's really he's I feel like he's really running for number two, assuming that that Trump will get in as number one.
Speaker 2: Well, so numbers need to be a Trump could pick him if Trump gets the appointment. But how about that Nikki Haley, let me let me tell you about that. Nikki Haley. She was never my favorite, but at this point of them are. But I like her talking points and I love her tenacity. She is a bulldog for it. I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I like it, I do, I do, but I find it in my opinion, I don't what I don't like about her is I find like she's a flip flopper, you know, so she she can speak out against you know, the status quo. But then on the other side she'll say she says that she would exonerate or pardon Trump. You know we have which we'll talk about in a moment. The Colorado hearing for Trump on the insurrection, but yet she's speaking out saying she feels badly for him, and she thinks this is going to set a bad precedent for people going forward. It's a very slippery slope the Colorado hearing.
Speaker 2: That's the overplay for the underplay, because she's afraid to go against Trump because if he does, she still wants his base. So I know it exactly, and I hope that American people we can see what you say about because that's what it is. She doesn't want to put him in a box right now in case he gets the appointment and so she can get possibly a position in his cabinet, because if she puts him in a box and puts him in the coffin right now, his followers will turn on her right now because he is still the front runner even with what's happening in Colorado. Like you said, we're going to get to it. She's played it really safe. She's right on the line, So you're right, she's right on the line. But if they take him off the ballot and get rid of him, oh, then she'll turn and be like, oh, he's this, he's that he's whooped to do. But right now she's playing that game because she wants his supporters.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, But I guess I like more of Christie's way, where he's just coming right out and saying right from the get go. And I don't know if Christy's playing game Appelia game is I feel that he feels this way. He may know that he has no chance of becoming the nominee, but he is going to try to clear the GOP, you know, like give them, bolster them a little it, and show them as reasonable to to the moderates and the independents. I don't know if that's because he's still hanging in there, and I don't see how his numbers could ever get up to be either DeSantis or Haley's so, but he's still hanging. So he's got to serve a purpose. I guess that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Isn't isn't the third place behind Haley.
Speaker 1: No, he's still the last I looked, he's he's just barely, but he's just a little bit above Haley. But Haley is by the day, she seems to be gaining. She seems to be gaining momentum. So it's still.
Speaker 2: Getting a lot and she's getting a lot of big wig supporters behind her.
Speaker 1: Y yeah, new from New Hampshire, the governor from New Hampshire. People actually thought he was going to be running, but he said he's not. He's comfortable where he's at. He feels that the governorship is his purpose. But he's backing and he's very close with Chris Christy, so it shocked me. But he's backing, He's backing Nikki Haley, and so that's what sort of makes me think. I don't know if Chris Christy even entering this, it wasn't to win the big prize, but it was to sort of give them a little bit of validity. I also believe that he probably was asked by the GOP to go in and work when trying to groom Trump, but it didn't work.
Speaker 2: So but anyway, I think I think that Christy came in to just remind us of who Donald Trump is. Because I'm with you, Christy knows he's not going to get the appointment. That's right. His numbers are not growing, he's not getting it financially that he probably deserves. But the problem was because Christy, you changed your man on us, and you publicly changed your man. And that's not to say that you can't change your man believers the way that he did it can. I just say that I would like to kiss the Governor of Colorado's ass today, and I say kiss it in a good way, because he and the Colorado Supreme Court removed Donald Trump's name off the ballot that they said that they did not I think that he was eligible to be a candidate to be the president of the United States because of the insurrection on January sixth. I thought the move was gangster. I thought it was I thought it was poignant. I thought that they took a stand. And even though it may not make it past the Supreme Court, just the mere fact the optics of it are saying, Hey, we're showing you all we can stand up to this man if we all band together. I'm hoping that a few states a few other states in kulling the state that I live in, California with my beloved governor what's my governor's name, Gavin Newsom, with his handsome self, really gets on that ticket because it may not fly. But Bobby, if three or four states stand together, it was sen such a clear message that this man is not wanting to be the president of the United States. But you know, everybody's scary. But we'll see, we'll see, but we will see.
Speaker 1: What I find. What I find it's the voters that are actually bringing the cases. So I find interesting is the Colorado case was brought brought by six voters, four of them Republican, two of them independents, along with the liberal watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. I think I got that all out. They brought it forward, it was heard. The thing that I'm a little disappointed about is that the Colorado Supreme Court has seven seven judges on it, and they have all been appointed by democratic governors. So I would have really loved this even more if we had a few independents and or Republicans on it, because as we know, the Supreme Court is not made up six of the nine are Republicans and all and out of the six that were appointed by Republicans, three were appointed by Trump himself. So I would have liked it a little bit more, but I'll take it. At least it's getting people talking, right. It's going to happen again in Michigan. I know that there are other states that are looking at at the fourteenth Amendment Section three. Uh, but it'll be it'll be a little bit interesting to see. So fingers and trust cross that that something happens there.
Speaker 2: And I think Michigan will push it because none of the Michigan Michigan still have Gretcha Willmore with More as the governor.
Speaker 1: I honestly, I'm embarrassed to say, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I think that's the lady they try to they planned on kidnapping and everything. She still the governor there. She I think she's going to be teamed. Let's do it, because it's just been too much foolishness happening. The realization of it, Bobby is everybody is afraid. It is not that they are just intimidated, but they are afraid of losing their situation, or their seats, or their stature. Or their position, and hear me when I tell you I'm living it. I'm living that life right now. But I'm afraid i am not because you know, they will take a lot of stuff away from you. They will block you or slow you down, or whatever they think they're doing. But this is for the good of the American people. And then he went on a whole tangent. Donald Trump went on a whole tangent today after they removed him on his social media and just said that it was a witch hunt. And now he's talking about immigrants are poisoning the blood of the country. This whole country is outside of the indigenous people. This entire country is built on immigrants. This entire country is some who wanted to come, some who escaped, and some like my people, who didn't want to come. You came and got us. Because I was very happy living in the jungles of Africa with a with a grass skirt on and a bone in my nose, and I had a boyfriend and a girlfriend. I was quite content.
Speaker 1: I think you had a coconut far run too. I don't think you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I definitely I went well less in Africa back there. Oh, you could just let him dangle like Christmass I.
Speaker 1: Now tell it, telling us that the rottenness of America and democracy. It's funny. He was compared some of the talking had compared him to Adolf Hitler, his rhetoric to Adolf Hitler's and he said he had never read mind Camp and Hitler meant it much differently than he meant it. And I'm like, oh my god, you stupid ass. This it's the same statements that you're making. And he didn't make it any any differently. When you say that the blood's getting ruined, you mean the blood is getting ruined.
Speaker 2: When he said he never read the book, we all know that.
Speaker 1: Please, he probably never did read a book.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad, you see, I'm glad the white woman see it.
Speaker 1: He probably never did write about I don't think. I don't know if he's got a d D. And I'm not being fresh. He doesn't have like a lot of stick to itness. He can you hold his attention for like five minutes and he moves on to the next thing. So I think that that would be that would be absolutely tough for him. But yeah, I mean, please. When he was in Nevada, he was making comments over the weekend that migrants were invading the US from prisons and mental institutions. He's just he's hateful. He's a hateful person.
Speaker 2: So and it would be to the advantage of the American people that we come with another candidate. You know, I'm not opposed to having a Republican president. I really am not. I want to, but I do want a president in the office of the United States as the president that really does care about what happens to the country, the democracy, and the American people. When I say the American people, I'm not talking about no nationality in particular, not even black folks. I'm good and pro black, and I'm hoping that every nationality that you were born that you are pro that that does not make you anti anything else. It just makes you proud of who you are, of what you were born as. Bobby, you are a clear Irish American white woman, and I know you're proud of that. But I've talked to you on land and offline. That does not make you anti anything else. I hate the rhetoric that they push to say that one nationality is better than another nationality. Just because somebody how said that does not make it true that does not make it true. It's just a damn loudmouth. It's real and bullshit and hate, and I'm sick of his bullshit and hate. The vissiveness in this country has become unbearable and unbelievable, and everybody's afraid that if they take him off the ticket, we're going to have this meltdown. They're going to have January sixth. Whatever they're going to do, they're going to do it anyway. They are going to do it anyway.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. I think we need to. I think we need to stand up to the bullies. You know, I thought it was great that the European Union has opened the door to Ukraine. They're talking about it. They're not allowing them into the to the UN, but they're talking about it. And that is a clear sign to Putin, who's been spewing that all of Ukraine's West allieser are like dropping off and leaving them in the dust. And that's not the case.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know when they would actually ever be able to be brought into the to the Union, but at least the talks are their talks are chipping away at Putin's rhetoric. So we need to stand together. I mean, we just do. I'm sick of the bullies. Trump being a bully, Putin being a bully, you know, Korea, China, I'm sick of them all. I've just about had it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You think of of Ukraine, of all those kids. I think there's close to twenty thousand children that were taken, you know, from their country, not only from their country, some of them from their loved ones and moved at the beginning of this war. And look how long this war is over a year old. Now, I'm sick of it. It's like, we've got to get some of this stuff resolved, and we've got to get our people here in both the House and the Senate to get working. We're not even sending them money right now, and they're closed for the holidays.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm closed for the holidays too. I'll open up next year.
Speaker 1: Ding dong.
Speaker 2: That ain't clo it's working. Yeah. Oh oh, that was a whole another subject. Okay, where are we going by?
Speaker 1: So something that is I have to say because I'm Catholic, So something that I thought was I'm a little I am Catholic. Something that I liked that I heard. So you know Pope Francis is, you know, he's come in and over the past ten years, he's been working towards inclusion and unity. And one of the most disappointing things that they and they've they've dressed addressed abortion. Of course they're not gonna agree with abortion, but you certainly come bless and forgive abortion, and they understand why women feel like they need to get it.
Speaker 2: That was huge.
Speaker 1: So another TV tiny step in the positive direction is Pope Francis has approved blessings on same sex couples, which I thought was kind of great. I would like us to get to a point where we can marry same sex couples. But along with that is our transgender people. It's fat steps. They're allowing transgender people to be baptized, to serve as godparents, to be witnesses at church weddings. So I think that very slowly, you know, the Catholic church, it almost goes backwards. But I feel like Poe Francis that he's heard the people. He's moving in a snail's pace. I'd still would like to see nuns have some sort of power because people aren't just like people aren't going into medicine as much. They're not going into clergy or or positions of service, so we have to have a plan d So I thought that.
Speaker 2: Was I have a question about me before you go further. I love that the world has changed, even though it's going slowly, and he did. We have to be very clear. He did not say the sanctity of marriage with sayings right, yeah, a couple. So I'll need y'all to understand that, because you know, y'all hear what y'all want to hear, so be very clear on what he said. But that is a huge, huge step on the Catholics part because the Catholic Catholic religion and I'm not a Catholic, but from what I know about they are very stern in their beliefs. And when I tell you this was huge, I know it's some Catholics kicking the shit out they catch right now because they don't agree with it. But on the other side of that, I think that that was a wonderful from the Pope because people kiss the pope's hand and kissed the pope's seek. The Pope has looked as as close to God as you can get, so I think that that was a milestone for the world to see that everybody is evolving and everybody is really trying to go along with the acceptance. I think the problem will be that the ones that are just so stuck in it and so stuck in their Catholic faith and religion, that will never be allowed it to be because they were raised old school like me. Even though I'm not Catholic and I don't disagree with that, I think that's wonderful thing is I never was against their marriage or their unions. I think that that's a great step on showing inclusion and trying to heal the world. This pope is way different everybody else. But Byby, you just said a statement that touched me. When you say that a lot of people are not going into clergy, I think that they're going to change the clergy. I think, you know, because when you went into curgy you couldn't have fixed. I think they're gonna change their rule too. But I think a lot of those priests, of those nuns, we slipping and slat and I ain't gonna even lie.
Speaker 1: They absolutely did. I mean, because we're not meant not to the reason in the rationale of it, I understand it claim because you were supposed to put the church and you and your people your flock prior to your own needs. Well, if you've got a child that's home with one hundred and three fever and then missus Pasilakwa is in the hospital dying, are you going to go give her less rights? Which is which is a prayer that we say over someone that's passing so they can go with the clear conscience after God. Are you going to stay with your three year old with one hundred and three? You're gonna stay with your baby. So if you have no ties and no responsibilities other than your flock, then so that was the thought. But the reality is people aren't going in. And I mean even it's really all clergy. It's not just the Catholics, but we're suffering them. You know, it's the hardest with us. But people just don't go in. We've talked about this before and Leaf and learned over the past year. People aren't aren't going in, kids aren't going into positions of service. I mean, I don't hear anybody other than people outside the US. I'm sure there are people everybody. I'm not saying nobody. But when people used to talk about at the end of high school. What they're going to do. I would hear back in the eighties people saying that they were going into the Peace Corps. I don't hear that. Or they were going into the military because they wanted, not because they had to, or what whatnot. You see less and less.
Speaker 2: Of that now.
Speaker 1: So unless we make it easier for all of our religions to operate, Yeah, it's tough stuff. And you're right. Being a priest that's cut off from everybody else, it's tough. It's a very special person.
Speaker 2: That they're going to change the rules or change the dynamic.
Speaker 1: They're going to have to.
Speaker 2: I think that they're going to start involving and openly being able to have a sex because you know that you have to give up, you have to be abstinate and at them. If you're twenty five or thirty thirty five years old, male or female, you can't. You might love God, you can get on your knees. And I'm sure that is a hard fight. I've never been a priest or a nun, but I'm sure that's a hard fight to fight. On the nights of maybe when the cat is me owing and you need to stand it or the baby. I wouldn't even know how to handle such a fight. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or lonely right, So people who are just lonely flame on a bad day, you have had a bunch of people in your flock pass away, or there was an accident, or and it's nice to lay in bed with somebody and just have them as you cry, have somebody hold you. They don't have that. They live very very siloed lives. So we don't affect it.
Speaker 2: And we are humans, we are meant for it. That's it. Yep.
Speaker 1: I think they for at least the Catholic church to guests. I am not a scholar by any means, even a lapsed Catholic. I think that they probably won't call them priests flame. But we have deacons, and deacons can have families, so maybe deacons will be able to give the rights, you know, and the blessings and stuff.
Speaker 2: Deacon.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean they're going to have to be changes. He also spoke out over the past weekend about there was an Israeli sniper that shot and killed a mom and a daughter inside a Gaza church and he was he's very disappointed, and you know, he's looking for some sort of answers. You know, the Biden administration, they're looking for some sort of answers. We can't just they're not looking for a complete cease fire. But we have to figure it out so that we can get humanitarian aid. Ninety percent nine zero people are separated. I mean, I know I keep saying that, but it is amazing to me that to have almost an entire kind be separated from their homes and like seventy five percent of the houses. Even if they could go back today, there's no way to go back to but rubble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again from here on, laugh and learn from the Black Effect network we have sent. We will send our prayers continuously and constantly to all the innocent victims that are involved in any type of war, because war is just tragic. I'm not taking side, and I'm not picking because, let me tell you some if I thought the gays was mad at me, baby, you do not want to mess with the Jewish community. The power is nonstoppable.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's but it's a it's a tough No. Absolutely, I'm not taking I can see actually both sides. That's the sad part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I don't want to talk about that Bobby, because girl, we will get canceled. But I'm with you, Bobby. I fault on both sides, and I see what they're talking about on both sides. It's just such a slippery slop that we listed if I in the middle of it, I'm staying out of it. Can we go onto some sad news about the beautiful singer mis Selline, the great God the devastated? So what is the disease she has? Bobby? What is it? Kid?
Speaker 1: It's something called that's it. That's what it called. And she has a sister. She's one of thirteen I believe, if memory serves me correctly, and she has a sister that also has it. I think it's almost plain like having one of the worst Charlie horses that you can have. It's your body and your limbs, and that happens, and then you go to where you're flopping and you can't control the muscles. So I know she's been battling it with meds or whatever she can do. And now her sister, one of her sisters or her sister clawed up. But that means nothing like I don't know if she's the one who also has it or somebody else says that she no longer can control her muscles at all, and she's got She has a twenty two year old, so you know, he's I don't want to say he's on his own, but at twenty two, because she's still teaching them at twenty two. But she's a twin thirteen year roles and with her husband's been dead I think for seven or eight years. So it's just sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, such a such a beautiful voice, such a gifted entertaining, such a beautiful boy. I hate that she's streaking with that, But that just goes to show you that money and stature will not change what is going to happen to you inevitably. That's what I'm saying. Just Livey's Day and love yourself and be happy and kind. From what I hear, she was a very kind woman. She was. She was, she's still alive. She is a phenomenal entertainer, great singer, Gray always spoke positive. Fantastic dresser. You know, I love down.
Speaker 1: In the body. I mean, she was she looked like liquor deck, but she she was. She didn't have one extra pound on her. She could just wear a sheet and she looked decent, you know, she she would she would look lovely, but yeah, just a beautiful just and she made it look she made it look just like Whitney Houston effortless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, opened her mind. Yeah, And well, we don't want to close out with just being well, we're not closed down that way. I don't want to close out the story of being said that whole stiff person syndrome. Hmmm. I might need that on some nights, but.
Speaker 1: Just certain parts, just certain parts of.
Speaker 2: Yours, if I could direct it where I needed to go, some nice, a little lighter than.
Speaker 1: Wicked, wicked, recond work and record. Have you seen immigration? Did you see? The abbot has a new law that he has signed, our new bill that he signed into law. It's the Senate bill for Yeah, just he's gonna he's gonna lock him up. So what it is, it's it would end America. So he's not Keykanto America. But he certainly can do Texas, our our long held asylum policy. And instead of people being able to come and seek asylum, he wants it to be flipped flipped, and he wants to criminalize a legal border entry. So instead of you being able to come over and maybe get a bed and a meal and then then figure it out. He wants you to go be arrested and have have potential to be put in jail for a certain number of years as well.
Speaker 2: Now here's the flip side of that though. So here's the thing. So you want to you're mad that the immigrants are coming over, you want to arrest them and put them in jail, but the American taxpayers will still have to pay because if you put them in jail with you are housing them, you still have them. You still have so you're going to overcrowd the jails, but we still have to pay for it. So where is your stop because we will still have to pay for it. I'm not against the people coming over here like that, but if you're going to find a resolution, that's not the resolution because it is still cost taxpayers. It is still cost American taxpayers more money because it costs the house prisoners in prison, more guards, which is more money, more food, more lights, more more medical treatment. Because you can't just discard the people, which I know he would love to do, but you cannot. In the world. Somebody picking you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't. But you've said something, So now let's even push this a little bit further, right, So if they're here for five to ten years, would they be eligible for a citizenship because they're here in the country.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly exactly. Well, you know, when you're a prisoner, really right, you probably can't. You can't vote, you lose your rights. So they and I'm sure they would love to get that free work, especially in Texas, for fifteen cents a day or two dollars a day. Absolutely, but it's still not going to pan out on the back end because it costs more to house a prisoner than it does to get them to work for the two dollars a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's true. I mean many many Democrats are saying it's un constitutional, and it might. It seems it seems crazy to me. What we really need is we've all put that same energy into solving this problem that has been around for forty or fifty years. It's time everybody. I don't want to I don't want to tie it to Ukraine and Israel aid that they so desperately need. I want to keep the wars out of our country and over on that side of the world. But we have that said, we can't kick the can any longer. And unfortunately this is all unfolding on Biden's watch, So he's going to be the bad guide no matter what, because he's either not going to have done something when it comes to the voters in a year, you know, he's not going to have done it, or he's not going to have done it correctly. But we do have to figure it out because this is absolutely nuts and people there's been a massive surge for whatever reason, trying to come over, which makes it even more And.
Speaker 2: It's all done, like we talked about earlier this year on that and learn, it's all done under Bidens watch to make to discredit bite from being from what he has done. Because but but Biden in office has pretty much everything that he said he was going to do for the most part, he has done. So we're trying to make him look bad. Yes, and he's putting forward the effort. But with that whole I'm thinking of coming up with they thinking that they're that problem solving. They're giving you another alternative, but there's never a real resolve. That's not a resolve, That is not a resolve. Yeah, No, it's going to cost the American tax payers and the state of Texas more and more momenty, they're gonna end up raising They're gonna end up raising taxes for the people who are working just to take care of those House presidents. It's it's not it's not it's not a good idea. It's just not.
Speaker 1: No, we have to we have to resolve some of the issues. We can't. As I said, we can't just keep putting it off or kicking the camp. But that's the houseworking on it, the Senate working on it. The President only has so much juice. Everybody thinks it's all about the president. It's how well the President can try to work with the House and the Senate. So they have to get together and everybody has to actually put their working hats on, not not be obstinate like the Taylor Greens and whatever, and come up with these nutty ideas and figure out how we're going to make this work. How are we going to stop the board, how are we going to keep the fentanyl on the other side, you know, because that's that's their big issue. I think there's they are two separate things, but you know, they they've got to figure it out and work on them. They They've got to do something, because it's nuts. They're talking about.
Speaker 2: All of those people that are coming because they're looking for a better life, they're looking for a better way.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, they have mothers on their backs waiting the rio grande and the baby could be drowning for all she know. Like, I just I am so blessed that I was born here and then I don't have to take that path, and I feel badly. You know, as a parent, especially as a single parent, you do anything for your kids. And I'm sure these people, the desperation of these people, I just can't even imagine. I really, it's it's the pits. Did you see, absolutely, did you see Kareem broke his hip? How could he possibly be seventy six years old?
Speaker 2: Bonds? Yes, here we are we dinosaur. He's just the oldest dinosaur than we are, I know, but.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's twenty five though. I'm like, when did he ever get old enough?
Speaker 2: In his book with all the women he slept with in his career, if he didn't break his hire being a baby, because maybe that's why he had an astronomical number of people he slept with, women that he slept with, let's get body. Let me talk about this rain that you guys are having over there. What is going on with the.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my god, it was bad. It was really bad. It actually so we have all the Christmas lights up and it blew out like my outside plugs because I have I have, you know, or the outside outlets because I have the plugs. And we really did we My basement was flooded a little bit, but not my area wasn't quite as bad as so, you know, my beloved cape Cod. I just love my cape Cod. They still they still today do not have electricity, are like three or four days in with no electricity, and when they're not even sure when they're going to they're going to get it back. I know that the East coast, I think there were four fatalities. One here in mass Man, an elderly man was killed in his trailer, which God bless him that he was living in a trailer at eighty nine years old. But he was crushed by a tree. The poor thing. Terrible terrible stuff. Global warming, you know, this is all. It's all climate change to blame. The only thing I'm going to say that's a positive, which I'm probably the tree. How girls will hate my gups is. I don't mind the milder weather, like if if there's going to be some sort of benefit global warming, I don't mind having. You know, two days ago we had sixty degrees. It's one of the first days it actually hit history. You never have sixty degrees. And can you mention sixty degrees in Chicago in December?
Speaker 2: I can't Chicago's weather. Well, the global warming is everywhere because actually Chicago is cold now, but it's supposed to be like fifty to sixty degrees on Christmas morning.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, you know, it's absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: And so global warming isn't real.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not real. Can you imagine? I mean, like when they're telling us with the with the global warming that we're at risk for I hate the snow, so I'd rather rain than snow, but we're at risk in the Northeast here of having some more of these torrential rainstorms. It was so bad to flame. You couldn't when you looked out the window, you couldn't see anything. It was almost like there was fog outside, but it was just it's like the skies opened up. Someone turned to spigging on and it just was coming down that much. The dog wouldn't even go out in pee. For the love of God.
Speaker 2: He's like, my dog don't like you.
Speaker 1: He just blinking his eyes and winking his eyes and looking at me like make it stop. Finally at the end, I just like, I'm like, man up, and I hold him out because it's time to save man up when you don't have your balls.
Speaker 2: Oh, Bobbie, your dog ket really your dog's balls. You know I did remind me not to come to your house ball stealer, So tell me where.
Speaker 1: This is the last episode.
Speaker 2: This is our last episode of twenty twenty three. And I just want to say, Bobby, let me just say this to you publicly that I so appreciate you coming in and just Bobby your research and your your your calmness and your keeping me in line, because Robby, if y'all, what I really don't know is Bobby Clipper really does all the research work. I'm not gonna even lie and say she does it. Bobby does. But and Bobby just I love our differences of opinion and not to where we get into a frustrated argument. I love that we can agree, but it's not even that we disagree. We just don't see it the same way, but we don't make it what our topic is about. It's not about Bobby says it one way, I see it another way. We get an attitude. We're adult enough and grown enough and wise enough to understand that we can be looking at the exact same picture and you see blue and I see green, and I.
Speaker 1: Want to see why you see green.
Speaker 2: I love exactly otherwise. That's why it is Laugh and Learn, And Bobby Kiff, I wanted you to know that I've had two other co hosts, which I both I love both of them, but you by far have been my favorite. And I've said this public thing while they were on the line. They both know that that you have been my favorite because you have made Laugh and Learn incredibly easy for me, because it can go left and it can get deep with the conversation. And I just want to tell you thank you, Bobby, publicly. And I am so looking forward to us turning twenty twenty four upside down with our Hodgepodge and our information and being who we are. And you are just the best, Bobby Cliffer. You are. You are I think you are.
Speaker 1: Too, and I appreciate the opportunity the trust in me to let me try it.
Speaker 2: And are you doing a fantastic job? You're killing the game, Bobby see Oh.
Speaker 1: I am I believe loving you. What do you want for twenty twenty four? What type of jobs are you looking to get? Are you looking for more touring things like with Dave or Tiffany. Are you looking to do something on your own, you know, tour dates on your own? Are you looking for more pageants? Hosting? What are you looking to do?
Speaker 2: Well? Hosting is the thing that I love more than anything else. What I'm looking forward to in twenty twenty four is more of more opportunities for me to that allow me to just be me. Sometimes my opinion is not what everybody else's opinion is, and people getting their feelings about it. And I'm hoping that people have been adult enough and think that I'm wise enough as a person and as a grown up to be able to say, hey, Flame is cool. You know, Flame might not always see it the way we see it, but Flame is adult enough to listen to our side, because we're going to listen to her side. I would like a job on the radio, which has always been my first love. Years ago, I had an opportunity to teach to do the radio at DC. I'm actively trying to get a job during the morning run on a on a radio station because that is what I want, a job where I could. I want a job with stability. So when I say that, it's not I don't want a nine to five, but I would love a daily show or a show where I can sit and talk every day and go home to sleep in my own bed and it's my regular job. But I'm doing what I love to do, which is to hopefully educate and teach people. And I'm not teaching people a lesson on what you should read in a book. I'm hoping that my common sense teaches you to know who you are and love who you are and appreciate who you are, because that's who I think I am. I appreciate me. I'm not always right, and I will say that before anybody can tell me that I'm wrong. I'm not always right, but I am open and willing to learn a different way or to learn the right way to know. So I'm open for that. A lot of people are not, So that is what I'm looking for. What are you looking for besides pandam those student loans in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus little, I'm just looking to to hank on them down. I'm looking like I love my day gig, but I feel like I need something that's going to allow me to stretch a little bit more and maybe make a little bit more. I'm looking forward to this. The one thing I can say about you, Flame is that you you never give your opinion for everybody else. So we'll leave until we'll bring it back to the LGBT community, right, plus I qy whatever. Plus you're you're not speaking for all of it. You're speaking for Flame and Roe, period. So I am disappointed. So you had said something at the beginning of that was you're hoping that people will allow you, and that's that's the key phrase. They have to listen to what you're actually saying to know that you're not speaking for them, and then you know, and then I think everybody will be okay because your your opinions and your own and they are they're only how they face you. So I'm hoping more people listen to that. I'm home, more people listen to us.
Speaker 2: Tell us friend, everybody, I'm telling you that I definitely want to a podcast to grow it only twenty four, and I think that twenty four would be a great year for us as far as our podcast, because we are political hodge Podge at twenty twenty four is going to be the most dynamic year. And when I say dynamic, I'm not just talking about in a positive way. It will be the most barbaric year in politics that we've known in our lifetime. Track the way it is unfolding. So I'm hoping that we are right on the forefront and that we can spew our rhetoric and our teachings from our aspect that you all will get it. Because what we try to do here at Laft and Learn is to simplify politics to you. Because politics is big, and if somebody talks to you ABC, it makes it simple. It's so much easier to understand and take it in as opposed to hit me with the filibusters than the all of these big terminologies that you don't understand. Hopefully, between Bobby and myself, Bobby and our producer Error because Aaron don't weigh in, but Aaron gives us a lot of information before the show that we can help educate you so you can know that your right as an American, know the rights that you have as an American, and know what you need to do to help America be a better America individually, which starts with you. That's what we want, because here, do your work. Yes, we have not changed the model, and we will not change the model for twenty twenty four. Here laugh alone. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind. Because why Bobby.
Speaker 1: Because a mind is a terrible thing to way.
Speaker 2: So do you absolutely terrible thing. Do your work, do your due diligence, do your research, because and again I'm going to tell you, don't vote your past. You know what that is. Don't vote your future because it looks leap, but you see what you're living in right now. Vote the conscience that you live in right now, so that you can have a better future. You can't relive the past, neither sometimes should you want to. But if you don't take the time to learn who you are and your rights and what you need to do, you will relive the ugliest past that we have ever had. We don't want to do that. Twenty twenty four is going to be a big year. It's going to be for everybody. I'm speaking positivity over people. Joy, find out who you are, get you some good sex regularly. I do. And I'm hoping that I get a Netflix special in twenty twenty four. I have a showcase for Netflix as a joke on May the tenth at the Elysian Theater. I'm not hoping my new material, which is like thirty five percent politics, is really what it's going to take to really put me on the precipice of getting a new Netflix special, because the ideas I have is gonna blow every money out the water. It is.
Speaker 1: I love it. And if you can sit in Google about the Kardashians or Taylor Swift, you can set for two seconds in Google and find out who who you want to vote for, see what their platforms are, and learn that your vote actually matters. Because we have electoral college, and we have we have all these layers in each vote. You know it absolutely matters in the small area. Now, some people actually lose by a handful of votes.
Speaker 2: So vote yes, Thank you, Bobby, thank you. Please vote. If we lose by one vote and you didn't vote, you are the reason we lost. It is definitely your fault. You are the reason it is your fault. You are the reason we lost. So take the time and don't let nobody tell you that your vote is not important. This was a fifty two minutes session and I love it. This is the end of twenty twenty three. It's great. Thank you Aaron Howard for being the greatest producer, just the kindest man. Him and Bobby. Y'all got to hear him and Bobby off lying. Good God. I don't know who cut off who, but this has just been great for me and I thank you. iHeart, Thank you Black Effect, Black Effect Network. Thank you Will Piercing. Thank you to Tiffany Hash for executive producing this last season. Thank you to Charlamagne the God for seeing me, hearing me, understanding me, believing in me, and giving me an opportunity to be flame Monroe on iHeart under the Black Effect Network. We love you, we appreciate you, We will see you on the other side. Happy New Year, Mary. If we miss you for Christmas, Merry Christmas. Don't get too drunk. But if you're gonna get drunk and dry, please drive somebody else's car.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, and so the love of God don't hit the president.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, please don't hit bike. Please don't let bikes drive. I'm a vote for it, but please don't let him drive. Thank you so much. Laugh and Learn. Hey, we had a successful year. We're looking forward to twenty twenty four. Pease don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn.