Speaker 1: Hey, that folks. It is Sunday, April fifth. Yes, it's easter and a bit of a miracle. At least according to the President, we got him. The US service member stuck behind enemy lines has been rescued. With that Welcome to this Easter Sunday breaking news episode of Amy and TJ. We just wanted to hop on and give you this update. Robes. Obviously, this was a high stakes life or death search and rescue. Oh my goodness, if he gets captured situation and Robes, it seems like it's over and we're getting everywhere of this problem.
Speaker 2: The President himself, Yes, and it is. It does feel like an Easter miracle. We went to bed last night. This is a true story, and you said to me, I cannot believe they still haven't found the missing airman. And there was real concern at a certain point. He goes missing on Friday, forty eight hours later, you're thinking, what's going on, what's happening behind the scenes. I even thed said, could Iran have gotten him not broadcasted and using it as a negotiation tool. It was just so strange to hear nothing from anyone for that long of a period of time.
Speaker 1: And at the same time, it's time. In the next breath, we said, well, there's probably a lot going on behind the scenes if they are being tight lipped, And it seems like that was in fact the case. We know, and again the surprise in it all is because they usually know robes. These guys have tracking, they have transponders, they have satellites that pinpoint exactly where that plane is, exactly where it went down, and then exactly where those pilots and officers are, So they had to have known. And sure enough, it sounds like robes, at least according to the President. Will let you hear his long true social post in which he made this announcement. But it sounds like robes. They might have known where this officer was, but it was tricky getting to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that does make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: We did mention, look, no, one, we didn't know the general public exactly where this airman was, but we certainly knew that the crash happened in a very mountainous, rugged region of southern Iran, right along the borders of Kuwait and Iraq, and so this was a huge swath of land and really tough territory. Maybe that helped him hide. Maybe that actually helped him be able to do what he needed to do to lay low until US troops were able to close in on him. But yes, the President and we again will read the thing his statement, but he did seem as though this was a close call, that the enemy was closing in on him. I know.
Speaker 1: And as we let you hear, there's some of this stuff will sound while some of it will sound like the President maybe embellishing details. However, you don't need to embellish. This is war. This whole situation sounds wild. That there is a lone US service member who had to survive almost forty eight hours being pursued by an enemy that he knew was desperate to get their hands on him, preferably alive in all likelihood, But who knows how that could have changed the war. But a reminder here, it's what the President said. At twelve o eight a m. So just after midnight East coast time last night, the President posted this and a reminder, this is the jet, this fighter jet that was shot down on Friday, the first American fighter jet to be shot down during this war. The pilot was rescued in short order, but it's been the systems officer who's the one that was missing and rovees. This is what the President told us all in the announcement. Just after midnight.
Speaker 2: We got him in all caps with an exclamation point, my fellow Americans. Over the past hours, the United States Military pulled off one of the most daring search and rescue operations in US history for one of our incredible crew member officers, who also happens to be a highly respected colonel and who I am thrilled to let you know is now safe and sound. This brave warrior was behind enemy lines in the treacherous mountains of Iran, being hunted down by our enemies who were getting closer and closer by the hour, but was never truly alone because his Commander in Chief, Secretary of War, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and fellow warfighters were monitoring his location twenty four hours a day and diligently planning for his rescue. At my direction, the US military sent dozens of aircraft armed with the most lethal weapons in the world to retrieve him. He sustained injuries, but he will be just fine. This miraculous search and rescue operation comes in addition to a successful rescue of another brave pilot yesterday, which we did not confirm because we did not want to jeopardize our second rescue operation. This is the first time in military memory that two US pilots have been rescued separately deep in enemy territory, and this one's in all caps. We will never leave an American warfighter behind. The fact that we we're able to pull off both of these operations without a single American killed or even wounded, just proves once again that we have achieved overwhelming air dominance and superiority over the Iranian skies. This is a moment that all Americans, Republican, Democrat, and everyone else should be proud of.
Speaker 3: And united around.
Speaker 2: We truly have the best, most professional and lethal military in the history of the world. God bless America, God bless our troops, and happy Easter too all.
Speaker 1: You know what amen to that? The best, most professional, lethal military. This is impressive, Roades this, I don't care what you think about war. What they are able to do is phenomenal. And to pluck this guy out and they say no injuries sustain, no casually sustain, no death sustained. On the American side worlds, I have to first just take my hat off and frankly salute this is impressive.
Speaker 2: First of all, we should salute our troops, and I do appreciate it. I don't want to say finally, but finally, it felt like the President was very presidential today in his true social post with Eastern just asking everyone to unite around the US military and what they were able to achieve. And I think we can all do that because an American life was at stake, and yes, we risks risked plenty of other American lives to save that one American, but that is the way of our military. They did it, and they did it exceptionally well. That is remarkable given what was at stake and how closely the Iranian military and frankly even Iranian civilians were monitoring this missing airman, knowing that if they could get their hands on him, it could shift the war period and so the stakes were as high as they get.
Speaker 1: He knew that, you know, I know, I know this member of the military is trained to you know, survive and invade. What may you know as well? He knew what was at stake.
Speaker 3: Oh my, I do you put yourself in his mind. No, I mean, I would.
Speaker 2: Never be able to withstand that kind of pressure. But it is so impressive. He knows if he gets caught, everything changes. It's not even about his own life. It's about other people's lives. It's about the war. It's about like thinking about the whether or not you can remain hidden and safe is going to like be the difference between life and death for.
Speaker 3: A lot of other folks.
Speaker 1: This is a rare you spoke of President Trump being presidential. This is one of the few you ever see from him in which he is not attacking somebody that He didn't go after a Democrat. He didn't say sleepy Joe. He didn't talk about the bad deal Obama did with Iron, He didn't say any of that stuff we're used to him saying. And I know, whatever is the low bar now, but I in this moment, I appreciate it. Yes, he took a bunch of credit in there that maybe you wouldn't hear other presidents take. Finn. That's okay, knock yourself out, take the win, mister president. But this this was a win. I do want to we need to point out here the second pilot he spoke of, now Rhodes. There was. We did get word that a second plane, that a ten Warthog as it's described, but it was in support of this rescue mission that one also took enemy fire. Now the reporting was that this one had made it out of Iranian airspace, that pilot ejected and was rescued. Is it not clear the president here is saying that that plane or that pilot was also rescue from deep in enemy territory in Iran.
Speaker 2: But what I can't I guess discern between the two, because of course, initially the pilot of the F fifteen also ejected and was rescued out of Iran. I believe maybe the US military never confirmed that rescue. They could be talking about the pilot of the F fifteen, could they not?
Speaker 1: Or no, no, because he says first time memory that two US pilots. Now is he referring to this second person of the pilot as.
Speaker 3: Well, So it's confusing.
Speaker 2: It could either be the F fifteen that both men were aboard, that both had to eject in Iran.
Speaker 1: He said. It comes in addition to a successful rescue of another brave pilot yesterday, which we did not confirm. Another brave pilot yesterday, which we did not confirm. They did confirm the rescue of this We've known this F fifteen pilot was rescued, we knew that almost immediately.
Speaker 3: But they said the pilot of the A ten was rescued in Kuwait?
Speaker 1: Did they not somewhere else? So this is what I'm saying, Confused, is it really is he preferring to both pass and excuse me, both people occupants of the F fifteen fighter as pilots or is this something else? Because I don't get what he's saying, And hopefully he can some clarity.
Speaker 2: Get yes, some specifics on that, because look, this is such an impressive operation and so many Americans were holding their breath waiting to see what would happen. And yes, the details are important. So it's exciting and it's wonderful to get this news. But I think there are a lot of questions that he will hopefully answer in short order. I believe he is going to be speak and addressing the country soon, so we will be able to maybe get some of these answers.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that won't be until Monday. He announced as well on the social media posts that he would be having a press conference in the Oval Office one o'clock Eastern time on Monday with the military, is how he says it. So we'll get more information on that. There was another detail coming out of this that Iranians are claiming that they took down a couple more planes as a part of this operation. But the US military says, uh huh, that ain't what happened. They're explaining robes that they actually had some malfunction a couple of planes malfunctions, had some issues, couldn't get them off the ground. So the US themselves destroyed blew up those planes so that the Iranians couldn't get their hands on that technology. Wow, that's what the two sides are saying happened. But this was a part of the operation as well. Again we are other planes are being shot down, other planes are being destroyed, all of this for an operation to get one person, one American, out of Iran. There's something about that rogues that you always say things give you chills. That thing the idea that the military won't leave in it will put everything out there to get one American life.
Speaker 3: We kind of love that no man left behind.
Speaker 2: It is something that I think almost all of us can recite that that is the mantra of the US military, and we saw it play out in really remarkable ways over these past few hours.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll stay with us. We will read like we said. The President did put out that initial post just after midnight letting us know that quote we got him. But he also had a follow up all about eight o'clock this morning here on Easter Sunday. We'll tell you what that one said. Stay here, all right, we continue here on this Easter Sunday of breaking news morning, and very good news to hear that the American service member who is really trying to evade Iranian forces for the past forty eight hours after his F fifteen fighter jet was shot down on Friday, has in fact been rescued by the US military and a daring operation. We'll get more details about, but the President making the announcement just after midnight than in fact that system's officer who had been on the run has been recovered and is going to be okay. The President had another message this morning letting us know, like we just mentioned Robes about that news conference he's going to have on Monday, but he had some other words here to say about this highly respected colonel that was rescued.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was interesting because in his first post after midnight he said that he was thrilled to let us know that that colonel was now safe and sound. And while that may be true, he did give us an update just minutes before this recording, and the President said this on true social We have rescued the seriously wounded and really brave F fifteen crew member officer from deep inside the mountains of Iran. The Iranian military was looking hard, in big numbers and getting close. He is a highly respected colonel. This type of raid is seldom attempted because of the danger to man and equipment.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: The second raid came after the first one where we rescued the pilot in broad daylight.
Speaker 3: Also unusual.
Speaker 2: Spending seven hours over Iran an amazing show of bravery and talent by all. I will be having a news conference with the military at the Oval Office on Monday at one pm. God bless our great military warriors, President Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump. So, yes, we are now hearing.
Speaker 2: That this system's weapons systems operator was seriously wounded.
Speaker 1: Hey had the way you put it in the first one was was injured but will be fine. Yes, so we said, huh so, yeah, he chose to use that language.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was.
Speaker 2: Initial reports and maybe he got a I guess a report from doctors or from physicians saying yeah, he was actually seriously wounded.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there was just a an.
Speaker 2: Update in the information he received on his medical condition. But that is a big departure from just slightly injured.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna leave you with this, and Robes, you pull it up. I know you haven't seen it before. This is happening in real time for us as we're recording this morning. The President obviously is up on this Easter Sunday and he is putting out posts on truth Social Well, let you know that tomorrow is a big day, Robes, because the President has moved several times, at least twice. He has moved a deadline he has given Iran for opening the Straight over a moves. He said he would attack carg Island. He would attack their main oil and energy infrastructure, destroy it. Even talk of desalinization plans being gone after wipe them out and not give it them an ability to come back. Stone Ages. He's used these words another deadline is coming up tomorrow, robes, and everybody's wondering what's going to happen, what this service member caught behind enemy lines, how that would play into it? And now that one's been rescued. Who knows. But folks, we are as we've been recording this. This social media post we're about to read to you was not out from the President and it has only come out in the past few minutes since we've been sitting here. And this is your Sunday Easter message.
Speaker 2: This one's a doozy, This is a This is a big difference, yes, between social media posts. So this latest one in reference to the forty eight hour deadline he put out there to reopen the strait of horn moves.
Speaker 3: Our president just put this out. Tuesday will be power.
Speaker 2: Plant Day and bridge Day all wrapped up in one.
Speaker 3: In Iran. There will be nothing like it.
Speaker 2: Whooh, open the fucking straight, you crazy bastards, or you'll be living in hell. Just watch Praise be to Allah. What the actual hell babe that is?
Speaker 1: That is?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, we are used to some very.
Speaker 2: The actual jaw dropping social media posts from the president.
Speaker 3: This one it might take the cake.
Speaker 1: Hey man, what this is PC with you.
Speaker 3: I praise be to Allah. Happy Easter. He has risen. I don't. He didn't say that, but I just like I. My jaw is now dropped again.
Speaker 2: Ha.
Speaker 1: So we didn't start this episode based on that message. We didn't know that one was out. Frankly, if we'd known he was gonna put that one out, we might have just done an episode just on those few words. But the President on this Easter Sunday is putting that out. Maybe Robes he feels a little more pissed off and a little more embolden after the rescue of this service member. Who knows. But the President has been criticized for moving the goal posts, for moving the dates, for giving them more time, for who he's negotiating with, for why he hasn't followed through on some threats. Is he now? Is this now it? Who? Robes? We're not checking. I don't know if we can sho this hasn't spread quickly enough. But what is that going to do to markets? Oil prices, gas prices. He speaks and markets are listening.
Speaker 3: Robes that sound this is some scary stuff, terrifying.
Speaker 1: Didn't he say he's dealing with reasonable people now? They're crazy bastards.
Speaker 2: Now they're crazy bastards. And he's dropping f bombs. He's dropping f bombs.
Speaker 3: You know what I just said? How presidential like?
Speaker 2: I actually, when I read those last two social media posts, I say this a lot, but I physically felt my shoulders drop. I felt a little warm and fuzzy. I felt hopeful. And then this but social media post.
Speaker 1: He's directing it towards who we now all are kind of pissed at because they were after our guy. Right.
Speaker 3: He thinks he's got that political capitalist Yeah, this.
Speaker 1: The time we might be more open to embracing that, like yeah, yes, maybe Brokes. You know, he's brilliant with media strategy, say what you want the demand, knows how to manipulate media, and here he is. Well folks, happy Easter, Happy Easter. What's the thing piece is he has.
Speaker 2: Risen in peace to all. Peace be with you is what we say, in.
Speaker 1: With you, and with that, folks, always appreciate you. Happy Easter, and it'd be nice to somebody today, please