Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Getty Armstrong and Jettie and He Armstrong and Yetty Yo yo yo, thanks for joining us. Joe is in He's the Getty half of Armstrong and Getty. Joe is in England on vacation. I think he's gonna call in a little bit later, half in his cups, drunk on bass ale. But we're having a variety of guests on today to keep me sane, including who we used to call Craig the Obamacare lawyer, back when we're trying to work our way through what the hell Obamacare was or is, which continues to be the law of the land, right Craig. Welcome, Craig Gottwaals. Obamacare is. It's just just became status quo as we all predicted it would be, and and all of our deductibles went way, way, way, way up, and we all just accepted that that's the way they're going to be for the rest of our lives. So that's the way that turned out. Hey, I do have a quick health related thing for you before we get into some other stuff that you and I were texting about last night. I got a friend who's got a pretty bad health diagnosis, and I suggested, man, you ought to get a second opinion. But people throw around the whole get a second opinion like it's easy to do. I've never actually done it. How do you even go about doing that? Does your insurance like you do that? What do you do? Do you go to a completely different doctor grouper?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: What is the second opinion?
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of that's going to depend on what kind of plan you're on, whether it's a PPO or an HMO or like what we call an open access plan.
Speaker 1: But what are most people let's start there. What do most people have? Who have? People wear a company healthcare for APO? Okay, yeah, that's what I thought. Most of us have PPO. So if we have a PPO, how do we get a second opinion?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The easiest way to get a second opinion in that case would be to pick a different primary care doctor in a different medical group and just go through the process again, because if you stay within this through.
Speaker 1: The whole process again, go through the whole process again, while you're probably not feeling very good, maybe feeling terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it at that point.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna come down to how much you trust your doctor and the medical group, because if you stay within the same medical group, they're going to have a pretty strong bias to confirm what's.
Speaker 3: Already been done. Well, that exactly, that's what I want to second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's two things wrong with several things wrong with that, And it's a tell me it's not a common phrase, Well you should get a second opinion. People throw that around all the time like it's an easy thing to do. But so I'd have to go through the whole process. Am i am? I kind of like half firing my primary doctor I've had maybe for years, I'm probably friends with at this point. How offended is he or she going to be?
Speaker 2: Well, most plans will have a mechanism in there for a second opinion so that it's not so that you're not Now if it's an HMO, which a lot of people are on in larger cities, then kind of are firing that doctor because you'd pick a different primary care doctor come back to them in a future month. But most PPOs will have a mechanism. You can do it the other way to do it if you have a little bit of means at all is to go out into the market and find a direct primary care doctor, somebody who's left the system and sees you for like one hundred or one hundred and twenty five dollars a month fee. That way, you can keep doing what you're doing with your system doctor on your planet work, for example, But then you can spend a couple hundred dollars and go off to the side and see one of these direct primary care doctors who's left the system and will then give you a truly independent analysis that if you have some means at all, that's what I would recommend.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a little frustrating. I mean, they don't offer that up to you, certainly after they give you a diagnosis. And the one thing I learned nil people all this time, The main thing I learned from when I had cancer is there's a lot of guessing. There's way more guessing than I ever believed was the case. And you can talk to a couple of different people and they have completely different opinions.
Speaker 2: So well, not just cancer, I mean all these complicated. I mean, sure, if we just start looking at autoimmune diseases, and then the way these the new the new drugs are affecting that. It's it's you know, because of what I do. I have a lot of good friendships with doctors, and it's shocking how you can talk to two very well respected doctors that have been doing this for decades and they'll have incredibly different opinions on how you should treat X, Y or Z, especially when we get to like autoimmune or even cancer YEP.
Speaker 1: I have that exact situation with my son where they I have two PhD level, been around forever people with almost one hundred and eighty degree apart opinions, And what am I supposed to do with that information? Anyway? That's enough of that health stuff for now, So this is interesting. So we talked to I know your friends Tim Sanderfer. We had Tim the lawyer on Last Hour, and we were talking about AI and all the different sort of stuff. And I'm fascinated by AI and I read lots of books and listen to a lot of podcasts because I think it's I think it's going to be a really big deal. I don't know if it's going to be as big as fire, Like the guy from Google says to mankind, the invention of fire but I mean, if if it's half that, it would be shockingly huge. A lot of people are worried about AI taken so many jobs. We're gonna have to come up with some sort of guaranteed income thing to pay people to stay home and play the flute because there just aren't going to be enough jobs. AI is going to take it over. Tim says, this is going to be like every other technology that's come along. It's going to develop all kinds of new jobs that you've never even thought of yet. It'll take care of itself. The cotton gin didn't eliminate all farm workers. It started all kinds of other different things, and you end up with more jobs. Where are you on that question? Because Tim Tim Tim thinks now that he's not worried about it. I am. I think it's going to destroy the entire world. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: I fall much closer to Tim it goes.
Speaker 1: I hope you're both right.
Speaker 2: I'm using it. I'm using it every day at work. In fact, everybody in my office is. We're using it regularly. And what it's done is it's allowed me to just become so much more efficient with not wasting a lot of time on some of the more menial tasks that I don't want to have to burn time on. I can use AI to standardize and templatize a lot of the things that i'm doing quickly. I'll give you an example, Jack, because you know I'm a lawyer and I'm reviewing healthcare contracts. Just recently, I took six different Pharmacy Benefit Manager PBM contracts. So it's the part of your health plan that deals with all the drugs. Six different contracts. All of them were between fifty and one hundred pages. I uploaded all of them into chatch GPT, I said, and then I gave it like a whole page of instruction on what I wanted. I wanted to compare and contrast this. I wanted to know the weaknesses and strengths. I wanted to know where I could find a B and C and D in each contract, and I wanted it to put it all in a grid for me.
Speaker 1: So it did.
Speaker 3: Within like ten minutes.
Speaker 2: I had this unbelievable chart that it spit back to me, where then I could go back and just hit the highlights of the contracts in my review. Now, where that would be devastating is if you had zero idea what you were doing if you weren't a healthcare attorney, for example, and you didn't know where it was wrong. Because it's wrong, as you guys have reported, it's wrong a good clip of the time. It'll make things up or it'll have something totally off. But when you're already an expert in an area to take care. I mean, it saved me four hours doing what it did, and then I could just spend one hour fine tuning it and making it exactly what I needed to see from my clients.
Speaker 1: But you do have the problems of hallucinations or whatever. It just makes stuff up.
Speaker 2: Now, then absolutely, yeah, you have to watch it. What I tell my coworkers is when it tells you something that you think is just maybe not quite right, you have to tell it give me a source for that, and then you have to hit that source and you have to go look at it because it will get.
Speaker 3: Things completely wrong.
Speaker 2: I've read the stats that say fifty percent of the time. I think that's too high, but I see it getting things wrong twenty percent of the time anyway.
Speaker 1: Really, okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, it sends you to a link that doesn't exist, or it just says something that's not right.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I asked a lot of questions that I have no expertise in, and so it could maybe it's lied to me way more often than I realize, and then I probably repeated on the radio. But I'm I'm I've mentioned this a thousand times. I'm reading the book Ulysses by James Joyce. I'm trying to fight my way through that book. And I've been using chat GBT when I get stuck on something. But I had one the other day where it was just I knew it was completely wrong, like just as wrong as wrong could be, And I wonder how often that happens. I asked a question yesterday about taking zinc when you got a cold, and the information it spit out for me for different ages and different studies and stuff like that, as far as I know, was absolutely fascinating and so fast. So which you mentioned chat GPT several times. There's a whole bunch of AI apps or programs or whatever you can call them chatbots out there. How many of them are you using?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm using I'm using an upgraded version of chat GPT that I've paid for and I've trained with a lot of what I do for healthcare law.
Speaker 1: Do you think the paid for one is Do you think the paid one paid for one is worth it for the average person or only if you have an expertise in something.
Speaker 2: I think if you're using it for work, the paid for one is worth it. I mean if you're just using it for for fun and for social you know, I don't think you need to pay for it, but I lean on it pretty heavily at times and chat.
Speaker 3: GPT seems to.
Speaker 2: Be the best one for like legal analysis and writing and writing templates when I have to when I start working with Excel spreadsheets, for example, when I want to compare large Excel spreadsheets and I want to I want to have AI shortcut some of that for me, I find that Gemini Google's seems to be the best one for me in that lane.
Speaker 3: And then the other thing.
Speaker 2: That we use a lot at work because we do a lot of presentations for clients and a lot of visual stuff. Will use mid Journey to create art and imagery, which is I think the industry leader easily for you know, creating those pictures in those and those slides that are.
Speaker 1: Oh so if you want to do it really you want to do images and stuff you like mid Journey, which I'd never even heard of.
Speaker 3: Mid Journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mid Journey's amazing. And I actually learned that an artist friend of mine in the Bay Area who said, that's the only one artists you're using is mid Journey?
Speaker 1: Jar that, Katie, because I know you do a lot of that. That's a good one. Mid Journey is that? And is that just something like I can put on my phone getting.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, it's just a weblink or there's probably an app, but I just I just hit it on a on a.
Speaker 3: On a web page browser.
Speaker 2: And I actually do pay for the upgraded version of that one as well, because we we hit it a lot for creating. You know, you see a presentation at your job, right and you get so sick of seeing the same clip art over and over.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll just use mid Journey to create unique art.
Speaker 2: That way, I know that when I'm giving a presentation to a client, they've never seen this imagery before. It's not you know, some stock imagery, but that Journey. We hit it, but use a free version of it as well.
Speaker 1: Mid Journey. I'm looking for it, Okay, I haven't missed around with Google Gemini. I need to do that just because I know they're pouring so many billions of dollars into that sort of thing, because there's a big belief among Eli and Eli, Elon and Google and you know a couple of different people that whoever emerges as the leader, there's trillions of dollars involved in that, and it's worth trying to be the best. So I need to figure out what Gemini is up to. We'll talk more with Craig here in just a little bit about a bunch of different things. He's got some strong opinions on the war in Ukraine that I think are going to be a lot closer to a lot of you our listeners than I have been on Ukraine. So we'll get to that among other things coming up in just a little bit. I want to tell you about Webroot. If you're into tech stuff at all and you spend any time on your phone, you should probably have webroot. If you ever know anybody who had their bank account hacked and the nightmare it was to try to untangle that mess and maybe get your credit rating back and all those different sort of things. That's why we trust webroot Total Protection. It monitors for stolen identities, credit fraud, even scans the dark web for your info because if it shows up on the dark Web, something's gone wrong. So we're hooking you up with a great offer right now. You can get fifty percent off webroot Total Protection or webroot Essentials at webroot dot com slash armstrong. If something goes wrong, you're backed up with up to one million dollars in reimbursement. It's fast, it's like wait, it installs in minutes, no annoying pop ups, just strong protection. Even includes a VPN for secure browsing and password manager to keep your login safe. Love it, don't risk being the next victim. Get fifty percent off Webroot Total Protection or webroot Essentials right now at webroot dot com slash Armstrong. A whole bunch of different things we're going to talk about that are interesting coming up. Stay here Armstrong, Heydy. The FDA is warning consumers not to eat frozen shrimp from Walmart because it may contain radioactive material.
Speaker 4: Also because it's frozen shrimp from Walmart.
Speaker 1: Aren't you an elitist? You don't eat shrimp? From homart. I don't need it. We're talking with Craig Gottwalls, who is a healthcare expert. I actually we're talking about other things. But if people want to get a hold of you, like for some healthcare advice, how do they get.
Speaker 3: A hold of you?
Speaker 2: The easiest way probably Gottwalls dot substack dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, we're just talking about AI and want to finish up that conversation. Uh, because I'm fascinated by it, and man, if you're not brushing up against it yet, you will be. So I suggest get on the front end of checking some of this stuff out. But I was talking to a teacher, my next door neighbor. She teaches ninth grade English, and I asked her about AI, and I can tell her eyes lit up and she kind of rolled her eyes, like, oh, yeah, it's really hard now to figure out if a kid wrote his paper and all this different sort of stuff. I know you've taught college classes in the past working with people. How do you is there is there a way to tell if something's AI or if some it's actually a human beings work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's becoming it's becoming increasingly easy to tell honestly, because I use it so much. I can see how it writes, and I see how it works.
Speaker 3: It does things.
Speaker 2: Katie mentioned one earlier in the week, or maybe it was last week, the long dash, the ridiculously long dash that none of us ever grew up using.
Speaker 3: But AI uses like it's going out of style.
Speaker 2: True, And it's not just like I'm typing, I put a dash, and I keep typing and it puts a little dash in there. No, it's a it's a dash that goes all the way from one word to the next. If you see that in a response that you get, you know that was written by AI.
Speaker 1: That's true. I'm looking at Yeah, I'm looking at my chat GPT question about I was getting getting seasick on my sailing lessons and asking about what medicine is the best for that. Yeah, and all the answers really long dashes in there.
Speaker 3: Okay, a ton of them too.
Speaker 2: And I've even I've even gone into AI. Remember, I've got the upgraded version that I've trained, and I've said stop using that. I don't write that way. I've routed it back to all of my articles that I've written and said, this is how I write write this way, don't use those dashes, and for whatever reason, I can't get it to stop doing that. So I don't know how how smart AI is when when that's our reality right right. The other one is emojis gone wild. It will it will put so many emojis in a response a lot of times, especially people that are using it to put up posts on like LinkedIn or Instagram or whatever. You'll see just way too many emojis and all these like crazy emojis that humans don't ever use.
Speaker 3: It's just it's a total tell that it's a hi.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: And then the last one and this is a simple one. But if you have it write memo or if you have it write like a formal letter, it puts lines, like actual lines between the sections. And so sometimes I'll get something from somebody that's got the lines in it still, and I'm like, dude, you didn't even bother to delete the lines out of this pure AI that you just regurgitated back at me.
Speaker 1: So a lot and then.
Speaker 2: A lot of LinkedIn is AI you tell me, yeah, fifty And this was according to a studied I'm back in October.
Speaker 3: I swear to god, it's higher now.
Speaker 2: Fifty four percent of everything on LinkedIn is AI generated. Wow, even this is my favorite. There's a few attorneys that I like and I follow on LinkedIn that we share ideas. One of them has in their bio one hundred percent non AI generated. So I'm reading one of I won't even say the gender. I'm reading one of their posts the other day and it says and I'm reading it, and I'm going, this is AI. I can tell by the the all the little catchphrases it uses all the all the you know, here's the deal, and all the kind of almost like the bidenisms that it throws us out there, and I'm like, this is AI.
Speaker 3: So then here's another trick you can use.
Speaker 2: Go to Google and just type in AI detection tool and you'll be able to pull up, you know, dozens of different websites where you copy the text, paste it in, and then it'll tell you, with pretty good likelihood what percentage of that text generated was AI. So this is what university professors are using and high school teachers are using to detect it because it has all these tells in it that you just get used to over time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really interesting.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: I'm not smart enough or I haven't spent enough time with it to pick it up in print. But I feel like I can tell an AI image immediately. They're just too something, They're too something, they're too perfect. There's no human being that looks like that.
Speaker 3: The other tell this is fascinating.
Speaker 2: So we had a college intern working with us this summer and she was shadowing me for a couple of weeks. She told me it's so prevalent in her university that she will purposefully submit papers with five or six grammatical errors in them because she does not want to even come close to getting accused of using AI to write her papers.
Speaker 1: Ah wow, So you get AI to write a paper for you, then you go back in and put in some grammatical errors, and that's who you trick, your teacher. Okay, I do want to get to that Russia Ukraine stuff in just a second. There was I think a fair amount of movement that on that on Sunday with Lavrov on one of the talk we'll play you what he had to say and then discuss how much we should get into this war or not. If you miss the segment Orn Hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: No should know by now that never ever Russia deliberately targeted any sites which are not linked to military abilities of Ukraine.
Speaker 1: So that's Sergei Lavrov. He's the spokeshole for Vladimir Putin, has been for many, many years. He's a well, I was going to say he's a paid liar. He is. He is also in the situation that if he didn't lie properly for Putin, he would get he would fall out of a window all of a sudden, and his whole family would probably be killed. So that's a pretty big motivator to get out there and lie too. He's pretty good at it anyway. He was on Meet the Press on Sunday. Kristen Welker, the host, brought up the fact that Russia regularly targets civilians. He says they did not, and they went further with that conversation.
Speaker 4: Russia has hit maternity wards, churches, schools, hospitals at kindergarten just this past week. So either the Russian military has terrible aim or you are targeting civilians, which is it.
Speaker 5: Look NBC is a very respectful structure, and I hope you are responsible for the words which you broadcast. I asked you to send us or to publicize the information to which you just referred, because we never targeted the civilian targets of the kind you.
Speaker 1: Cited, So obviously that's a load of crap. But he's able to say, look, NBC is a very respected news organization. If you have the proof, send it to me. There would be no proof you could send to him that would satisfy him. And it's not like Putin just emerged on the scene. Not only is he doing it in Ukraine, he helped Bashar al Asad do it in Syria, you know, bombing the hell out of civilians, Carolyn one, hundreds of thousands of their own people to try and stay in power there. He blew up all those people in his own country, in his own hotel, his own Russian citizens. He blew up in a hotel to make it look like the Chechens had attacked, so he had a reason to go into Chechnya. I mean, he's an evil guy. He's willing to do anything which leads us to this. So we have Craig Gottwalds joining us today 'SU lyon talking about healthcare. But I wanted to talk to Craig about the Russia Ukraine situation, because he's closer to where a lot of you are on your opinions about US involvement in Ukraine. Joe and I are pretty big cheerleaders for arming the Ukrainians and pushing back hard and all that sort of stuff. Craig is not so. I don't know if you were listening earlier, Craig when we had justin logo on from Cato. He is closer to you with a pretty cold eyed reality look at the whole thing. What is your position on Russia Ukraine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is one I I just I haven't changed my opinion on this since day one of the war. And I just look at this and think, well, this is unfortunate. I don't like it, I don't support it. But the reality is you've got a giant nuclear power, one of the three largest powers on the planet, that's gonna that's gonna do whatever they want to do, and they're gonna they're gonna take over U one of their former client states, and we're not gonna do anything about it, whether it's China, whether it's America, if if, if might makes right and if in and then the world of war if we have the might and we have the manpower and we're willing to do whatever it takes. Like for I think about it this way, Like imagine Northern Mexico got so out of control with cartel behavior flowing into us, and we just decided, look, we got to go in and fix it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying what Russia's saying is right. I'm just saying, if we decided we needed to go into northern Mexico, how would we like it if all of a sudden, China and Russia we're funding the Mexicans with arms and with munitions. We wouldn't like it at all. We'd say, stay out of our neighborhood. This is our world, this is what we do. We're the world power. Back off unless you're willing to come here and fight us one on one. And I just feel like all we're doing in Ukraine is prolonging the blood bath. We're making it so that they lose a little more slowly and that more people die. And the quote from Marco Rubio you guys had a week or so ago, I thought was phenomenal. It's a meat grinder, and all we're doing is making it so that we can prolong the meat grinding, and Russia's going to win because they have what it was like a seven or a ten to one advantage in manpower. And then on top of all that, even if somehow, some way we were to arm Ukraine enough that Ukraine could push him back a little, I think Putin's actually shown restraint by not using a tactical nuke or really even waving that flag around, because you know what he has it and ultimately I view war as might makes right. So unless we're willing to go stand there and fight against them, I just think all we're doing is playing games. We're depleting our own weaponry, and we're not doing any favors to the world. Now I realize your comeback, Jack is going to be so you just let Putin take it. And the answer is yep. You let him take as much as he's going to take. And once he's taken enough that we say we're willing to go send our kids over to fight, that's when it'll stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That was my response to Justin logan from Cato earlier this morning, And if you didn't hear that, that was our one and you can find the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. But I said, so, won't this set up a situation if Putin gets away with it, using my finger quotes, get us away with that where China will decide, well we get to take Taiwana or any other bigger country gets to take it. And he said, well, that's the history of the world. It's always been that way. It's only this tiny it's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Anything about it.
Speaker 1: It's only this tiny blip of recent history where that hasn't been going on because the United States and the Soviet Union at the time were so big and powerful they stot and nobody did anything without their approval really in their own spheres. But and then the Cold War ended, and we were the lone superpower for really the blink of an eye. And now we're back to, you know, a uni unit more than a unipower world. There are a couple of different powers in the world. And that's just the way it's always been and it's always going to be and there's really not much you can do about it. That's hard to argue with that. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I just I think the phrase I used with you and Joe the other day was just radical pragmatism, Like what's I've ever since this thing started, I never was emotional about it. I've always just thought, well, what's the end. Well, the end is Putin's gonna take whatever he wants because we're not going to go fight, and if we're not going to go fight, he's going to win. I mean that's just the I just don't know anyway around that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard to not be emotional about it, obviously, if you, you know, you watch the news and you hear from some of these Ukrainians who are who are literally fighting to save their families. I mean, because their children might be rounded up and taken away from mom to Russia, never to be seen again. Mom might be raped or killed. I mean, it's it's a pretty hard not to get emotional about it. But uh, you get as emotional as you want. But if you're not going to give him the arms or the troops or whatever it would take to win, there's no stopping them.
Speaker 3: And I don't think I don't think the arm. I think the arms is a red herring.
Speaker 2: I think all we're doing with the arms is prolonging the pain in the agony because we're not going to give them nukes, right, So, ultimately Putin has nukes and he'd be willing to use them because he's that crazy, I think, So what the hell are we doing? Like this is to me, what we're doing is dangerous and scary because ultimately he has nukes and he would be willing to use him. Yeah, so what are we even doing giving him arms?
Speaker 1: When we were talking to Mike Lyons, our favorite military guy yesterday, he seemed to think he wouldn't be very surprised if Putin somepoint uses a tactical nuke on one of those cities, kills like ten thousand people in one you know, a little shot of a small nuke, just to let everybody know, Hey, I'm serious about this. And he thinks the world would probably back off, the world would not say, Okay, we're at war now, NATO's not going to go to war to.
Speaker 3: Nuclear war over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that's and that's now today. And I respect Mike Lyons's opinion a lot on these matters, obviously, And that's today. That's what Putin basically winning and getting everything he wants right now. Imagine if somehow, someway we gave enough that somehow Putin got pushed back, and we had Ukrainians moving into Moscow. Come on, what's going to happen? Then then he's really going to use a nuke, and then we've really done it. I just I've never understood the idea that we can prolong this war enough that Ukrainian, the Ukrainian people can somehow win.
Speaker 3: I just I've just never gotten it.
Speaker 1: Well, So I always think about China and Taiwan whenever we're having this conversation, and there's there's a quote that I don't know if it's been verified or not, but apparently Trump said at some point to someone, if China decides they're gonna take Taiwan, They're gonna take Taiwan. Because I think it's a similar situation. Are we gonna go to war with China over that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Or not?
Speaker 3: No? No it.
Speaker 2: I think if we tried to take Mexico, we would take Mexico. I just think it's the same, like, no one's gonna stop us. If we wanted to take Mexico, Yeah, we would take a black eye. The liberals would scream about it, but it's it's not gonna stop it. I just, yeah, I feel the same way I just I have family friends that just the grandparents just moved back to Taiwan, and I said, man, aren't they worried? And the response was, they're eighty five, they're not too You know, if they get taken over by China at this point, you know they're gonna ride it out that way. But I feel the same way. I just think Taiwan is there. We're not going to go to war over Taiwan.
Speaker 3: We're just not.
Speaker 1: Well, it's gonna be a much different world in the near future because of China controls that entire chunk of the ocean, the free sea lanes of the world that we have uh kept for eighty years. That'll be the end of that. But like the guy from Cato said, this was a blip in time. The history of the world is more like what's coming and what has been. That's really interesting stuff.
Speaker 3: Warfare has always been about. Miight makes right. It's just yeah, that is.
Speaker 2: That is, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't have a I don't have a counter to that. At this point, I could see where Europe might decide it's there and there. They didn't and they're not going to I mean, if they were going to you would have thought they would have earlier. I could see how Europe, since it's their own damn backyard, would decide we're gonna put up quite a fight here. But they didn't. I mean, I mean, and they were willing to continue to I mean, we canceled the nord Stream pipeline.
Speaker 5: The uh.
Speaker 1: Germany was all for continuing to buy natural gas from Russia after the war started. So yeah, that's just the reality of the world. I may have moved on this topic, it took me three years to get shocking. It's I can't I can't believe how long it's gone on again.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: I think it's restraint of Putin that's allowed to even go on this long, because I think he probably could have won this thing earlier had he been even more brutal and violent. And you know, the guy, the guy is a he's a lizard, he's a shark. He I think he's played this thing just about perfectly. And I can't I can't even fathom when we get these hot mic moments of Trump saying to Macrone, I think he wants to do a deal for me. I mean, come on, it's Trump dealing with this is better than Biden, but not a whole hell of a lot better. After I hear things like that, well, well that's one of the reasons I wanted to have you on was talk about that to get that point of view on and I may I may be convinced at this point. Hey, Craig, Gotwalls. Appreciate your time today on all these different topics. You're a smart guy and like hearing what you have to talk about. And again, if somebody has healthcare questions, you run a business, you need advice, how do they get a hold of you?
Speaker 2: Got Walls, two t's one l dot substack dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks, Greg, appreciate it. I want to tell you about Simply Safe because I just think it's a really really good idea to have home security of some sort, and you might as well have the best and one where you're not locked into a contract. A lot of those companies they lock you into a contract because they are afraid you're not going to like it or use it and decide you want out. Simply Safe doesn't have to do that because they know you're gonna like it and you are going to use it. No contracts, no hidden fees. This is what you do you visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong to claim fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan and get your first month free. So it's about a dollar a day to have the number one customer service rated home security system out there. I got the cameras, I got the censors, I got all the stuff and it's absolutely fantastic. Simply safe dot com slash armstrong to claim fifty percent off a new system that's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. Do you have any pushback to perhaps my newfound view on the rush of Ukraine war? If you do, I'd like to hear it on the text line at four one five two nine five KFTC. Otherwise, we got some other stuff to move into. So the Cracker Barrel remodeled, getting so much damn attention. Of course, Hooters is trying to make a big push for a comeback with like a new vibe Hooters of all places, but a lot of the way stay here arms. The Oakland A's baseball team now plays in Sacramento, California. That's where this radio show is based. Actually they play in Westsak, which is its own individual town West Sacramento anyway, So it's been very exciting that this major league baseball team is playing this tiny minor league park, and so you can go to these major League baseball games and the worst seat there is quite possibly the best seat you've ever had in a major League baseball game. I mean, it's that much smaller than a major league baseball parkt what does it seat, like eleven thousand or nine thousand or stuff like that as opposed to fifty five thousand if you go to a regular But they beat Detroit last night. Yeah, it's on one game, doesn't really matter. The A's are in last place. But so it made me look up the where the baseball season is currently. I'm not a hardcore fan. I will watch when the playoffs start. They're about one hundred and thirty games in. They play one hundred and sixty two per year, so we've got about thirty games left. Do you know what team has the best record in all of Major League Baseball? It's the Milwaukee Brewers with eighty two wins in the National League. They've won seven more games than the LA Dodgers, who have a payroll of about nine Quinn trillion dollars and have tried to buy every All Star that exists in the entire sport. So the Brewers are way ahead of the Dodgers in terms of a record. So that is going to be a fun one to watch. They might be on a collision course, the Dodgers and the Brewers, and perhaps the pottery is also in the Phillies. But would love to see the Dodgers Brewers man. You talk about a tiny market against the biggest of big dogs. Yeah, that would be pretty fun. Different story. We've been a lot of talk about Cracker Barrel in their remodel, which I don't like, the looks of the new insides, if that's actually going to happen, and whether or not it's woke or not, and all that different sort of stuff. What do you call that kind of dining? There's a name for it. Is it comfort food or I don't know, I don't know why you call the place like your Applebee's, your Chili's, your cracker barrels. They're not fast food. There's a name for it. This is chain restaurants. Yeah, they're chains, but there's a name for that kind of dining anyway, you know, it's it's obviously a way a step ahead above fast food, but it's certainly not fancy by any means. Is Hooters? I think Hooters is one of those too, But yeahs obviously had its own brand for the chicks wearing those ridiculous outfits. I mean, they're just stupid looking outfits. I don't care how hot you are, it's still a stupid looking outfit.
Speaker 6: Apparently it's referred to as casual dining.
Speaker 1: I think it's casual fast or some people call it brass and glass, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hooters totally falls into that with their raunchy outfits. So they were calling it a breastrant by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we've never quite understood the hubbub over Hooters because it's a sports bar with young attractive women wearing shorts and tank tops. You know what other sports bars are out like that? Every single one of them in the country is like that. Young attractive women usually barked in there because they make good tips and they wear shorts and tak tops. So I know Hooters is nothing different than that. But anyway, apparently there's a I don't know anything about the Hooters business model, don't quote me onto this, I don't care, but they were going out of business, or one section of them was going out of business, or fifty locations I know were bankrupt. And they're so they're trying to come up with a rebrand where perhaps the girls wear longer orange shorts but still the tank tops. But according to their website, they're still looking for servers who will maintain a glamorous hairstyle and have the ability to maintain attractive an attractive fit image.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, there's the problem right there.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. We were talking with Tim the lawyer about this earlier where this moving company might be in trouble because they only hire young, strong men to move furniture. They're not hiring a lot of sixty three year olds with a bad back. And whether or not that you know, is an equal employment problem or whatever, I don't know what Hooter, what situation Hooters is in If you have to have a glamorous hairstyling according to who them, and maintain an attractive and fit image.
Speaker 6: See, that's where all of my red flags are going up, because here comes the body positivity people going well, technically, according to my doctor, I'm perfectly healthy.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you get around that stuff. I mean, I've known people who ran sportscar bars. I've known owners who owned sports bars, and all the chicks at work there were attractive and wear shorts and taktops. But I don't think anybody said anything. I don't think it was a rule. It's just he hired people that he thought would look good and they knew what they were supposed to wear or were perfectly happy wearing that, because that was what's going to make the most tips. I don't know that it had to be in writing. Hmmm, well, we'll see if Hooter does away with those ridiculous shorts and having them wear them. Do they still wear the Nylons? I haven't. I think I've been in a Hooters once in my life and I thought this is not my kind of place. Yeah, they were the Nylons with the stupid little I have not been since high school. I'm next to a Hooters. As a drunk, I lived the block away from a Hooters. I never went in there. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Armstrong and Getty