Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm fippity hi.
Speaker 3: I'm melting Mandy.
Speaker 2: Melting many in here and this is around. Let's do a quick recap last week's show.
Speaker 3: Oh, last week's show was major, huge, one of our biggest shows of the year.
Speaker 2: Huge, y'all liked it.
Speaker 3: We had the unbelievable couple Leo and Faith from Hotlanta on the show to talk about paying off like over one hundred thousand dollars worth of debt. I was really happy that people connected with the show as much as I wanted them to, because it's not just like the fact that they paid off debt. It's just they's such a sweet couple with such good intentions, and I just loved how they took their debt straight on and got a lot of love for that episode on social media and everything. So thank you guys, and go check it out if you haven't listened to it yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were just so they were super cute. I was like, oh, my goodness, you know, a year in, I feel like, you know, it's so crazy how so many people, you know, stuff is aligned.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, we're all like one year in. I mean, you have a year and some change.
Speaker 1: Man, you know, you ain't new at this, you know, you got to beat back a few months.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was a really great episode.
Speaker 1: And it's nice to hear regular everyday people who have imperfect financial lives but somehow they're figuring it out.
Speaker 2: So that's always.
Speaker 3: Nice, right, And they did my favorite thing, you know, because so often people will cut expenses and trim trim trim to try and pay down debt. But they were like, no, we really need to actually bring an extra income and make sacrifices to make that happen. So that they were both working two jobs and Faith worked overnight. It's like five or six days a week. She said, Girl, she sounded so tired. I'm glad she's.
Speaker 2: Taking a break this summer.
Speaker 1: I know because my mom is a nurse, and I remember those days when like we were going to go off to college or whatever, and my mom did like double shifts and all that stuff. So I remember when she was saying that. I said, oh my good, My mother used to be like.
Speaker 2: The things I do for you kids.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's hard being a nurse, you know, because it's just you're on your feet all day long. But nurses have an extreme potential to make a lot of money because my mother could make really good money and she'd made and she did those you know, those extra shifts.
Speaker 3: Well, good for it. And she's young too. It's like do it now before. I think they're fortunate and that they have the age on their side. They're young and they don't have any kids yet. Like a lot of the questions we get from listeners often you know, rightfully, so they have their struggling and they can't necessarily take on an extra job because they have kids or other obligations. So I think you have to recognize when you're that this is the time to be struggling, like right, because I think when you're in your twenties, like you think, okay, I should be living my life and spending all my money. But it's like do the work now so that you can enjoy things or things won't be so hard when you have a million other like obligate. That's what I think about every day.
Speaker 1: And when I was, you know, coming up, my mom would always say that she'd be like, oh, you better get that degree now before the kids, and I didn't understand what she meant. Whenever I said I wanted to try something or do something. She'd be like, do that now before kids come. I'm like, but now I understand, because you're right. It just makes it ten times harder when you have children because there's certain things you can't do.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You can't live just anywhere, you can't eat just anything, you know. So yes, thank you faith In Leo. We had an awesome time. If you have not listened to that episode, what you're waiting on? Get your inspiration on? I think it's time to hit the social streets. What do you think?
Speaker 3: I was just about to say, it was Father's Day this weekend, so for those of you, I always feel a little self conscious about post and then we post something on Mother's Say, and then we post something on Father's Day. And I just wanted to give a shout out to anyone whose father who isn't with them or wasn't a part of their lives. I always think of Father's Day as like, here's a day to celebrate any man in your life that you know has supported you or done good things for you. So thank you to everyone who who commented on our Instagram and Facebook post. I just asked the same question we asked the Mother's Day. You know, is there a lesson you want to share that your dad's taught you and that you carry with you today.
Speaker 1: What did you say to well, yes, but honestly, I just my dad really just taught me that hard work can overcome almost any obstacle. Like he would always think because my dad grew up in rural Nigeria, and he would always say, you know, I wasn't the smartest. My dad's a little on the short side, like five six, I wasn't the tallest, you know. He was like, but one thing I was was the hardest working. And he was like, that's why you know, I was able to move and create a life myself for myself, you know, your mom and you kids. And so he just taught me that, you know, and I carry that with me that like I'm not the smartest, I'm not the anything is, you know, but I do know that if I can put in the work, you know, I can accomplish the things that I desire.
Speaker 2: So that was like my major lesson that my dad taught me. What about you, Mandra.
Speaker 3: Mine was super close to one of our Facebook followers. I'm gonna try and get her name right. Maybe you can help me. It might be Nigeria. I'm not sure it's is Zuna is zun Wa na Kenny.
Speaker 2: Ah, It's well definitely African.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's something I hope I did you justice. I'm sorry anyway, I wanted to share her comments very similar to what I was what mine was like. She said, if I listened to my dad from the beginning, I'd be way ahead of my financial life. He always told us to choose our needs over our wants and not be deceived by all the sales and TV ads because there will always be sales. I did not listen on time.
Speaker 2: That's okay, Zunoir.
Speaker 1: We're all tricked by the magic of marketing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I can tell that the person I bought my home from, she was a little home shocking at shopping network scenes because I am I'm getting these weird catalogs for like pressure cookers and like all this made for TV stuff. I was like, ooh, Rosemary.
Speaker 2: With Allred Street. Let me write her.
Speaker 1: It's thank you guys for first of all, we're just like really happy that you guys have been hitting us up on social and so we just like to like shout you out. So this is on Insta just so you know. Our ig name is Brown Ambition Podcast and what's her name? On Facebook just Brown Ambition.
Speaker 3: Brown Ambition and on Twitter at the BA podcast.
Speaker 1: So you can tweet us, you can I G S or you can F B S C. See all that, and we'll read something every week. So this is from L dubs. Let me see L what is your real name?
Speaker 2: Leslie? Okay, Leslie Andy girl? So but it's L underscore Dub with the Z.
Speaker 1: She said her father he taught me by word indeed that as long as you're still breathing, there's still time to get it right. Life will knock you down. Sometimes you'll even be the one tripping yourself up, but always get back up and never stop trying to get it right because the time is going to pass anyway.
Speaker 2: Oh that was awesome, L. The time is right.
Speaker 1: The time is going to pass anyway. All right, it's time for buzzworthy? Ugh A, what's this buzzworthy? I'm like, do we talk about the bad things or you just try to find something good that's happening in the world.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you have? Good news or bad news?
Speaker 1: I mean, these poor kids, and I mean, honestly, I was crying about it today. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I was like reading.
Speaker 1: Stories about you know, just separation at the border, and I was just like looking at this little boy who couldn't have been more than three.
Speaker 2: Three Ugh, I just I couldn't. Like it's like literally too much for my heart to take a three year old. You know.
Speaker 1: I used to teach preschool and kids would be hysterical first day, second day, first week when their parents leave them, and because you know, they're like, who's this person?
Speaker 2: Who you know? And but at least you.
Speaker 1: Know, parents knew, like I'm gonna be back. And I would tell parents, like the first week, just do half a dad, because it's very trup it's traumatizing for kids. Or I would tell parents stay with them for a little bit because kids don't know that you're coming back. But to leave your child and you don't know that you're coming back, you don't know that you ever see them again, Like that's I'm like, am I crazy? Doesn't it seem so crazy that you would literally take a child from a parent. How are they going to find them again? Like there are some camps where kids are not even allowed to hug. Like these siblings were reunited a man was was being interviewed on I think it was like CNN Today, and he said he just quit because he siblings were reunited and the older one, who was like ten, was trying to comfort the younger ones and they were hugging, and they told them there's no hugging allowed here.
Speaker 2: And I just couldn't. I just can't even.
Speaker 1: And then the comments from some of the people in the comments section like oh, oh, well.
Speaker 2: You know, like just so heartless to children, to a three year old, a three year old.
Speaker 1: You know, I typically don't really believe in like evil evil, but I really wonder, like, what is really happening that you could see a crying three year old and have no compassion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's crazy. I don't even.
Speaker 3: I think that reaction is like how everyone's feeling right now. Anybody with a heart and a soul has to be feeling that way. I mean, you even have like Republicans who are like, yo, man, this is too far. What's happening. What kills me is that it's being politicized, Like, you know, the current administration is sort of lying, actually lying. There's several articles where they've actually fact checked what they're saying, and they're lying when they say that these were because of policies that the Democrats put in place, or that this could all be fixed if Democrats, you know, would do x ys zee in Congress. Right now, it's it's not true, and it's like being it's being used as a as leverage for the current administration. And and but all you have to do to realize how sick it is is just look at the images of these little kids being I mean, it's so unnatural to think of any little child being ripped away from their family, and it's happening. It's it's happening right now. I think the only bright spot is that it seems like something this weekend lit a fire under the like the butts of everybody in this country, and everyone's talking about it. The pictures are getting out there. Gail King is down there right now, like killing it. And she's in McCallan, Texas. I was watching her just suffering in that humidity this this morning, covering this story. And it's it's nice to see at least that people are refusing to let this let this fly. I mean, did you see Sarah Huckabee Sanders like that incident in the White House Press briefing room or that reporter I think he was from. Yeah, and then yeah, it's so hard as a reporter, right to like to separate your self. You're supposed to be objective, right, But if you're a parent of a child, I understand why you can get that emotional he was.
Speaker 1: She was like, oh, you're just trying to get camera time, but you could tell that he was just like yo, as a parent, I mean, forget all the politics and adults and stuff like if someone took your five year old, took your five year old, what was like? You know, I just can't even. I can't imagine someone taking my nephew and being like, yeah, I don't so I don't know when if you're ever gonna see him? Oh well, I can't even. It's it's literally heartbreaking. I feel like it's just yeah, I don't even know what to say, because kids are like what what is a three year old supposed to think?
Speaker 2: What is it? Even a ten year old supposed to think? Like? What am I like?
Speaker 1: They were like kids were begging for their parents and crying out and saying, well can you this One little girl was like asking the man, you know can you call my aunt?
Speaker 2: She can come get me?
Speaker 1: And he was like nope, and just like just and then you heard about the man that sexually assaulted one of the four year olds that was there and tried to bribe mom. Not gonna say anything, I mean, what is happening? Like, I mean, we had containment camps for Japanese Americans. You know when we were fighting in World War two? Was that World two or World War three? No, where we're one, I think it's World War.
Speaker 2: Two, And like it's just honestly, it's shameful.
Speaker 3: I think the natural reaction is like, well, what can we do about this? I think one one good thing to do and it's something that I learned a while back is when you hear about these like human rights cases, the ACLU, the American Civil Liberties Union, that's the organization that I support monthly with donations, and they are going to be on the ground fighting for these people. They were the same organization like among others that were out there when there was the ban on Muslim flyers or sorry, people from Muslim countries back when when Trump was first elected. Remember that, like the ACLU is out there like try and find human rights organizations or legal advocacy groups that can help these families, because, honestly, if you're also just curious about I mean immigration in the US, like what's happening at the border is so complex, and it's true, it's not just anything that's been caused by the current administration. It's the result of like decades of people just not getting it right or trying to get it right, and things not working out in terms of immigration. But the New York Times podcast The Daily had a really good, like twenty five minute episode this morning that just talked to one of their reporters about the history of what's happening right now and how complex the rules are around what happens to immigrants when they come undocumented immigrants when they come to the border, and what they have to say in order to seek asylum, and how what used to be the norm is no longer been the norm right now, and people are confused about it, and it's just a whole, hot, steaming pile of mess. And I hope that I hope that the heat and all the attention is going to change things. I guess only time will tell. In the meantime, that's how I'm choosing to react to respond to it is I'm just gonna donate to the a c ou and tweet my heart out trying to share these stories.
Speaker 1: Well, it's time to booster breaker, Booster a breaker, Booster break what you're gonna do, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna boost today. I'm trying to lift us up, lift every voice that too. I went with Josh Grobin you want Yeah, that's why we're a good team. I saw a really cool story about this. I was surprised to see it and then but in the New York Times. But there is I know we've been talking about these these groups where you can if you want to support minority owned businesses. There were like these. There's usually like some old kind of like registries where people will track businesses owned by minorities. But the New York Times that are really dope feature on this couple from Brooklyn who have a website called Black Owned Brooklyn dot com, which doesn't just like it's not just a list of own big businesses owned by by black business owners, but it's like an Instagram page where they actually do like little mini features on the owners themselves and what their businesses. And it's really dope. I think it's especially for a place like Brooklyn, where it may be surprising to know that, oh, hey, there is a black woman who owns a yarn shop or an old lady who owns a hardware store or whatever. So that was really cool.
Speaker 2: Let me get there.
Speaker 3: Let me make sure I get their names right. We should have them on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeap oh, Cynthia, Gordie Guiwa and Glenn Allen started this together, So good for y'all.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: I love I love hearing stuff like that own Brooklyn. Well, my boost actually is going to be a former guest that we had on the show.
Speaker 2: I just saw her.
Speaker 1: So I went to go get lashes done because my makeup artist told me, if I have like two major things coming up back to back, it would just be easier to have lashes done to fun.
Speaker 3: I do solash.
Speaker 1: No, because I still had lashes from last time. A filling is forty dollars, and I said, oh, that's nice to know. And so I when I walked in, I recognized that familiar face, Lynette how Bonnie Cox.
Speaker 2: She was getting her hair done.
Speaker 3: I can only imagine the squeals yes.
Speaker 1: And I was like Oh my gosh, Linnea is so honestly, she is just like goals for sotified, you know. So we were just talking too, and so actually today is her son's graduation. He's graduating from I don't know if he's graduated I think high school. And then her daughter, who she insisted that I meet, and she's so adorable of course, like just so well mannered, just amazing, and her daughter has one where year left. She's graduating a semester early from college because why not, You're Lynnette's daughter, And then her.
Speaker 2: And then her mom was there.
Speaker 1: It was just honestly, she's just Lynette is just awesome, and she just left me with like Lynette always leaves me with something to think about of how it could be better. Like she wasn't trying to teach a lesson, but it had me really thinking. So we were just talking about, like, you know, like what I've been up to and whatever, and Lynette always always always asked how she can help me. Like the first time I've ever been on TV, which is like pix eleven News in New York, it was her. I met her at a conference for Black Enterprise. I squealed when I met her and I was like, oh my gosh, my gosh, my gosh, I love you.
Speaker 2: You you know, like you're such like, you know, a role model.
Speaker 1: And she lives not far from where my parents live, like a neighboring town, and she was like I told her, She said, are you going back to you know, New Jersey because the conference was in New York And I said yeah. She said, well I drove. Do you want to ride this woman who I didn't know who I was idolizing And I was like, oh my god, yes. So there was a lot of traffic and she just ended up pouring so much into me, just like asking me what I was working on and just giving me tips. She became my mentor that day. And then she asked me in the car, have you ever been on TV? And I was like no.
Speaker 2: She's like, do you want to be?
Speaker 1: I was like, uh, yeah, but I don't, you know, like yeah. She made a phone call. She was supposed to be on pix eleven News to do like five tips on whatever, and she said instead of me, I'm going to send a replacement basically oh, I mean yeah, and so and then from there like it just was like on and popping, you know, Drina of course helped me get ready, and but Lynette too did so much coaching with me.
Speaker 2: She honestly is just amazing.
Speaker 1: But the thing, the reason why I'm giving her the boost today is because she said something that that kind of like made me reflect and say, you know what, okay, I hear you. And she said she was asking me about some partnership that I had and asking me how it was going, and I said well, and she was telling me, you know, you should be pushing them to pay you more than what they pay me. And I was like what, and she was like, Tiffany, the purpose of the people who come before you is to lay the foundation so you can have more and better. And your purpose is to lay the foundation and to help the ones coming behind you so they can do better than you. And I just remember thinking that was so profound that she was like, cause you know, people don't do that in business, like, oh girl, make them pay you more because you got this, I don't have the audience that you have.
Speaker 2: Make them pay you more. And I was just I was just blown away by that.
Speaker 1: And I thought to myself, Lynette is goals in so many ways, Like, you know, she's beautiful she's got amazing families, she's kind, you know, she's smart, she's but then just that component of her always giving Lynette, the fact that she gave me her spot on TV, but that comes from someone who was so I guess, so well situated in knowing what they bring to the table, that they know that they're not giving away anything. They're making space for you because no one can take anything from Nette. She's amazing, And I want to get to that space where like not to say I don't give, because I do, but I would have never thought about it like that that, like you know that push people who are coming up, you know, behind me to make more than me. You know, that's not a natural inclination for me. And so yeah, I just want to give her a boost because you don't meet too many people like that. And she's amazing, and you know, in this dark and dreary world, there is sunshine like Lynette called Donny Cox.
Speaker 2: She's aka the money Coach and she's amazing.
Speaker 3: Love her, y'all should go back. I just want and checked to see which episode it was. Go back all the way back to January third, twenty eighteen, episode one oh nine to hear I think this is one of our biggest episodes of the year. Actually when Lynette was on and talked about how to rock your salary negotiation in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: So now that we've done our boosts, which I'm glad that we did boost in stead of break because you need a little.
Speaker 2: Boost, it's time to boost you boo.
Speaker 1: Do you have a question on you know, financial related finance adjacent maybe a career related career adjacent We'd love to hear from you. You can always go to our website Briannambison dot com. Wait brownimbishon podcast dot com. Yes, ma'am Brown Ambition podcast dot com. I said it was confidence that a click ask us anything, or you can email us at DBA podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Clue, nope, cod crash and burn set you up for failure, you did.
Speaker 1: I was hoping you were gonna fill it in and Mandy was like, h.
Speaker 3: Well, usually I do the intro for the questions, but it's cool. You want to take the rains today, so see what happens.
Speaker 2: Be trying to drive. I know that's where happy want to get lashes.
Speaker 3: I can hear them from here, just like you can hit us up at Brandnambition podcasts at gmail dot com. Your questions, which I am going to read a couple now. Thank you guys for sending in some awesome questions. Here's a good one that we have. I don't think we've talked much about personal loans before, but here's a good one from someone who wishes to remain anonymous. She says, what are your thoughts on personal loan companies like Upstart? Would it be smart to do a personal loan to build credit or to do a credit builder loan like from a company like self lender? Thank you, So it seems like she's thinking about so. One of the most reason common reasons people take out a personal loan is to consolidate debt, where you basically take out a personal loan from like a bank, a credit union, online lender, and you use that loan to pay off you know, two or more different types of debt and then you left with one new loan. And the good thing about personal loans is that they come with a fixed interest rate versus a credit card, when your interest rate can change all the time. So they have a fixed rate, and because you're is fixed, they can tell you exactly how much your monthly payments are going to be for the term of your loan. So yeah, the three year, five year personal loan. They'll tell you here's your monthly payments, you know, for the entire time, and you know exactly when you're gonna pay it off. But self lender. Have we talked about self lender.
Speaker 2: Before we did?
Speaker 3: It's like a credit builder option. So this is a little bit different. So maybe she's just looking to do you want to talk about how it's different than a regular lender.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I self lender might actually lend you money to but what the self lender That the part that I'm familiar with is with self lender. Literally, the purpose of self lender is to just show credit bureaus.
Speaker 2: Hey, I pay back an installment loan.
Speaker 1: So self lender says, hey, I always tell people, if you're going to do self lender, take the lowest amount, which I think is like five hundred bucks. Hey, you know, I'm telling the credit viewers, I'm borrowing five hundred bucks. Hey, look at me. You borrow the five hundred But the self lender doesn't actually give you the five hundred They put it in like a money market account for you, like a savings account for you and then you pay every month. So I think it's like, I don't know, seventeen bucks or whatever five hundred divided by.
Speaker 2: Twelve months is.
Speaker 1: So you pay that every month, and then at the end it looks like one you made twelve consistent months worth of payment, and then it looks like you also paid off an installment loan and so you get your boost and then they give you a five hundred dollars because you know.
Speaker 2: You're literally paying in and then you get it back.
Speaker 1: So it's like a it's a credit building loan, but also like a little mini savings and you know, you get like whatever little bit of interests like ten cents, you know, the same interest you get from a regular bank. And I think the fee is it's fairly low. I'd have to look again, but last time I took us to the view was nice. It's nine dollars, okay, so it's not you know, it's not a crazy fee. And honestly, I've got really good feedback. So I've shared it with dream catchers before because I did a little research on them for a few months to see, you know, like, you know, whether it was something that I could share and honestly, it's it's been two years or a year and a half at least that I've known dreamcatchers been using self Lender, and I would say the reviews are ninety five percent really good, maybe like one percent where it's like I didn't like it. My score dropped, and I'm like, well did you pay, ma'am, because you know, people be telling you the score drop, they didn't tell you they pay. And then maybe like four percent. My score didn't really move that much. So I've heard like, you know, nothing but kind of like good feedback. So yeah, so it depends what you're trying to do. If you're trying to pay off debt, then I don't think self lender necessarily will let you do that. If you're just trying to raise your credit score, then you know, self lender is something you could definitely look into.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very interesting. So it's not like anything like a traditional personal loan where you can just take it out and get the money, you know, in a day or two. All right, thank you for the question, Anonymous, whoever you are, whoever you are? Next question comes from listener Tie. She says, I have been reading Ben Bernanke's prediction for twenty twenty financial crisis. Don't don't, dun't, And now I'm shook BURNANKI. And he's not the only one side note, this is me, Mandy talking. He's not the only one who's predicting a twenty and twenty financial crisis. Like, if you've noticed there's been all these headlines, you know, people are saying the big ones coming in twenty twenty. Anyway, back to Ty, she says, he mentioned how with the unemployment being so low, Trump's stimpulus stimulus package could cause an economic downturn. Blah blah blah. I currently live in expensive New York City with my husband, and we have been discussing a move to the south, maybe Georgia in North Carolina and Virginia in the next year or so. But now I'm concerned. Do you too have any advice for preparing for a potential downturn and perhaps holding off on a move. I want to make sure any move that we make will be beneficial and not leave us in a financial bind. Mm.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what I mean. You don't want to live your life in like a bunker, you know what I mean? Like, I think I think you should prepare just.
Speaker 2: In general, like to me in knowing what I know now, Like.
Speaker 1: If I pre recession, Tiffany anything, what I would have probably told her is I would have I was actually pretty good at saving. I would have said, you know, continue to save, you save a good amount of money. I would have said, pay down debt, because there's nothing worse than when you're in financial crisis to also have to pay debt on top of bills. I would also too, not necessarily that I would have cut back on expenses, but I would always have and I have that now. I always have like a how we're living now budget and how we could live if things got tight budget, you know, so kind of like so like right now, you know things are not tight. So my husband and I were like, oh, okay, you know whole foods it is. And then I have a ooh if things get tight, hey, shot, Brian, what you're doing girl?
Speaker 2: You know? So I know those numbers, So those are kind of like the thing.
Speaker 1: So I don't believe that you should be living for this fearful like factor, but you know, keeping in mind that at any time anything can happen.
Speaker 2: So that's what I would say, safe, pay down debt, and I.
Speaker 1: Like to, I like to have two versions of my budget, just so I'm aware of, Like, if I had to, what would we what would I I like to know what my financial baseline, What would I absolutely have to make in order to make my life happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. I think planning from a place of fear is good in small doses. Like I struggle with this too, how to being a little bit too pessimistic about, you know, my future when it comes to my finances, and that makes me want to like hold on to cash and not take any risks, which is bad because like long term, it's better to try, you know, put your money in the market because you have a lot of years ahead of you and all that, so you can afford to take some risk. I think it's we all kind of lived through the last recession. I think we've all experienced had our own. Everyone's got a recession story. Everyone got kicked on their butt in some way, shape or form. So I get while I I'm right there with you, Like, I also just bought a house, and I want to know, oh shit, did I buy at the top of the market. We're about to hit another housing crisis? What's happening? But I fortunately sit next to a mortgage economist, So anytime I am afraid of the market or what's happening, I just kind of go to my buddy Tenda, and I'm like, so, please espash my fears. The likelihood that we're going to have a recession like the last one, it's pretty slim because that one was driven by, in a lot of ways, just a lot of bad acting in the mortgage industry, which due to regulations that have been put in place, like aren't you know, as possible anymore? Now the current administration could change that, who knows, but I wouldn't plan your life around it. And I feel like it's smart to think about moving because moving is expensive. But you're talking about moving from a really expensive place to a not so expensive place, So think about how that would reduce your risk. You know, if there were something, if you know, let's say another downturn happens, at least you'd be in Georgia, where you know, I can attest it's very nice in Georgia, nice and affordable, versus being in a city like New York, where it's really tough to live here when things get bad. And yeah, like in terms of oh, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Now, as I say, because you're right New York. It's like what like, no matter what happens, new York, New York is expensive.
Speaker 2: That's just it just is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you and your savings will go a lot further in a place like Georgia. So while you're making this New York City money, if you start putting away your savings, just think how much more is this money going to be worth? And I'm just saying Georgia, but she mentions like in the South. Just think how much more your money, your savings right now will be worth once your cost of living is decreased by moving down south. And I would take advantage of especially if you think you'll have to take a price cut by moving to the South, which could be the case, uh, just because the costs of living is so much longer than typically salaries and wages are too. If you think you're going to take a price cut, then start saving aggressively now. Then you'll have money in the bank when you go down there. And you know, you have a nice little cushion, because there's no better protection against the un the you know, the unforseeable than a nice healthy emergency fund. And you know, if you make sure you have jobs set up when you're down there, and you don't buy a mc mansion just because you're two hundred thousand dollars here is worth a million in Georgia as long as you make as long as you don't make you know, those types of mistakes. And I think that I think that you you guys will be fine. You know that being said without knowing anything else about your financial situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I just I it's one of the reasons, honestly, Like people ask like, why do you live so simply Tiffany, I was like, well, one, huh, I've been there where I'm like, yikes, well, you know, have you ever done this many? I don't know if you've ever you know, had and then like lost it and you start thinking about every little part that you've made when you used to have You're like, oh, I shouldn't have got them shoes.
Speaker 2: Dang that McDonald's burger. I didn't even need all that because you're thinking about adding.
Speaker 1: Up all those little coins that you can use right now where you don't have anything. But I just told myself that I didn't want that to happen again, that I was going to live well below my means, so that way, you know, it's just should something happen that I have, I have the space to recover, like I have enough for a year to be like, okay, exyphany everything has fallen apart, but we have a year to figure it out, you know, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So hang in there, tie and don't stress. I love that you're paying attention, but don't let the headlines. And honestly, you know what, sometimes these people write these books and they come out with these headlines because they want to get clicks, they want to get readership, and of course being dramatic, as we know, is rewarded in our country. So take it with a grain of salt. No one can predict the future one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: You gotta do you boo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ah a, y'all until next week, stay brown, stay ambitious.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm gonna end like that every time. Okay, until I forget.
Speaker 3: You get all the good cash lines.
Speaker 2: Well you can end with it. You can end it with that. Okay, we'll do it again.
Speaker 3: No, I'm a team player.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 3: I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: And you know I'm gonna forget first of all, because I only remember the stories that I tell twenty times.
Speaker 3: I don't remember what I was thinking, but I didn't say it. I'm sure you will. You will, let's say go catchphrase.
Speaker 2: Is he gonna be like I'm telling you already. I'm gonna be like, what did I say last week? Mandy?
Speaker 1: I'm like with Meanwhile, tell me to tell you a story from nineteen seventy five, and I'm like, gotcha.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Lovely lashes on