Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just gonna say it. We had an epic Mother's Day, and as I've talked about it, it's a big month for me. It was my unanniversary, Mother's Day and my birthday, and yeah, Mother's Day, I was just like, okay, my first Mother's Day single, going through a divorce, you know, with my five kids. And typically I would plan something like for years and I don't know. I guess we're conditioned to think you're supposed to have Mother's Day brunch. So I don't even know where that even initiated. And I'm I'm just gonna say right now, I fucking hate breakfast. Like breakfast food is my least fa I love a good Eggs, but other than that, I hate breakfast, like the whole notion of making me breakfast in bed and do all that. Like no, like, you know, make me a Lasagni in bed and like feed it to me. That's what I want, but no desire. So but every year I felt the pressure like, oh, it's Mother's Day, We're supposed to go to a brunch. And I would find some like great place and do that and then The rest of the day was all about the kids, and I was always on edge, like, oh, it's a time thing. We can't relax. We have set plans. I I'm the mother, can't relax and this year Stella who what is it? So if Ruthanna, I'm the matriarch of the family, what would Stella be technically aside from the other mother, the adult in the family. Oh my gosh, sorry, Stella is the matriarch in the family.
Speaker 1: What am I one of the kids?
Speaker 2: I like to call her Cinderella though, like Cinderella, Cinderella make everything happen. Anyway, this isn't a fairy tale. We know that. But yes, so Stella had said, and I had previously said this on the show, that you know, what do you want to do? And I was like, I don't know. I wanted to go to Little Tokyo and do all that. And then how it unfolded is the day before she said, okay, so what do you want to do? And I was like, huh, I no longer want to go to Little Tokyo. And She's like, okay, what do you want to do? We can do anything you want to do? And I was like, oh, I want and then before I could finish that sentence, she said, no, I don't want you to plan it. I know what you want. Let me handle it. I said, really, you're going to plan something. Oh my gosh, that takes so much pressure. All these I plan something that's supposed to be for myself, but it was really about my family and my kids and all the amazing Instagram photos I would take of the food, even though I was like, uh, hate breakfast. Do you hate breakfast? Do you like breakfast?
Speaker 1: I like breakfast. I'm a breakfast person.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I don't like brunch.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like it takes up too much of the day. But I like eating breakfast at breakfast.
Speaker 2: Guy, I do love a good seafood tower at a brunch place. I'm not gonna lie. And I appreciate a buffet, but I mean, I'm more like I would like every year, I was like, I have to live up to expectations. We have reservations at the four Seasons, and it's like everyone's dressed to the nines and everyone there's so much pressure. But I love a good buffet. But I'm more like, if I had my drothers, I'd be like I'd be at a hometown buffet. I'd be oh sizzler, Oh my gosh, remembers soup plantation. They had the best I'm all about a salad bar. Okay, I'm getting distracted. I guess I'm hungry anyway, So it would be all planned. So she was like, I know what you want to do. Let me just take care of this. So I slept in, and I never sleep in. I was the type of girl like I was up very early every morning for nine oh two, one oh on the weekends before I had kids. I mean, I would sleep on the weekends till I've won two o'clock. And then once you have kids, I feel like you just get into a rhythm and they're up early europe early. And so now I wake up without fail six seven in the morning. I mean, don't get me wrong, I will stay in bed and groll on Instagram, put things in my cart that I don't need from Oh my god, all the products look so good. But then I abandon the cart. I get the fixed, and then I don't have to get the debt. But yeah, I woke up late, and all the kids up late, and I got to say, my kids are great. They're not early risers as they're getting older, that's nice. So we slept in and then I was like, okay, still, what are the plans and she's like, no, no, no, no, it's it's easy. You have time, and so we just went with it and we are in the process of moving. So I, you know, didn't have the cute outfit. I didn't have and I was like, okay, well I have jeans. And then I was like, wait, let me realign that in my brain, I have jeans. That's what I want to wear. I don't want to get all fancied up like I want to be in my jeans. I want to be in my crop top. You know me. I love a good crop top nowadays. Just full circle. So we went the five kids to night and they took me to dim Sum, which I'm a huge fan of dim Sum, and they come out with the carts, which is my version of like a buffet, and it's like, you know, they have the carts and you get to shoose and they're all shareables. I love sharing is caring and it was really great and we had a great time and we had tea and all of that, and I had some Soaki and I was a happy, happy, happy mama. And guess what we played on the way my playlist for iHeart. So I got this opportunity to do a playlist for Mother's Day. And this is funny because my iHeart family doesn't know this. But I am beyond not a music person. Like it's almost comical. I was the girl and now I'm gonna date myself and make myself look old. I am old. I'm not old. I'm getting better agent like a fine wine, powering up level fifty one now. But in you know, high school, everyone would have their I just blanked on the word what's the word CEB? Nope, that wasn't even CDs back then.
Speaker 1: A cassette player.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you guys am embarrassed. Someone cracked me.
Speaker 1: I know, so music I'm getting before your time, that's almost before my time.
Speaker 2: It was a cassette tape. You guys, you didn't put that in your car?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And a cassette player.
Speaker 2: In the car. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I was the girl that Like when I got my first car at sixteen, I was like, oh my gosh, my friends are like, we can play music. And I was like, ooh, now I'm going to date myself again. The first song I ever heard on the radio, which was still one oh two point seven, was video Killed the Radio Star. And I listened to that as my nanny was driving me in our station wagon, not the limo. That's only when my parents went to school on like open house night. But I went in our family station wagon, you know, way back when, where you could like sit in the back and they didn't have seatbelts and no one cared, and you would be like the back window and everyone would be like, don't do that to drivers in the back. And I heard that song video Killed the Radio Star, and that was the first time I was like, ah, I like music. I love this song, so anyway, it's on my playlist. That's my first song that I listened to on the radio and had an interest in music and was super psyched. But I would have cassette tapes and people would be making your mixtapes and everything back then. Now you have a playlist, but back then a mixtape and I had nothing. You guys, I was just like my friends would be like I would like get so embarrassed, and I would do interviews for like teen Beat magazine and Tiger Beat and teen and all that, and they'd be like, what's your favorite music? What are your favorite songs? And I would be like on my landline, hello to all my friends, what do you think is cool? And then like I'd write back.
Speaker 3: Then you could like write it in on paper, and then they put that in the magazine, so it was your writing.
Speaker 2: Like it would be like Tory Spelling, Donna nine on two and zero, like favorite food, favorite color, favorite artist. You know, all that music was just not my thing. Anyway. I did love a good soundtrack though. I had like the soundtrack from like Top Gun, and I had the soundtrack and a Tom Cruise poster on my wallpt that's a whole other story. And I used to love him. And there was this movie with Jodie Foster and William McNamara and it was the best and it was about like she was the babysitter and he was in high school and she was supposed to be going off to college and they fell in love. But I had like that soundtrack, and then when I got a little older, I had like League of their Own soundtrack and all these things that my friends would like, bust my balls mine have ball, bust my tits and be like like that is so lame, and rap was like super in in high school. So I'd be like, oh, yeah, I run DMC. I'm totally into this. Oh bec boys cool, cool, cool, which I appreciate now, but at the time we'd be like blasting in my car and I'd be like, I have no idea. My point is I always stuck with that story, like I don't know music, I don't have an opinion sound like me. But I went in to do this playlist and it was freaking life changing, you guys, because guess what, I had an opinion. Lorraine backed me up here. I was asked to do seventy five songs on my playlist correct.
Speaker 3: True, It's a lot.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my gosh, do I admit to them that I'm not like a music person like I have to ask people now when I do Instagram, you do the reels and the reels I just age myself again. We do reels because old people put the like Ruthian, you probably say the Instagram correct now?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it because I preface that with the old No damn.
Speaker 1: I don't say the Instagram saying the Instagram but not no.
Speaker 3: Jen used to say that okay, far wrong friend, Okay.
Speaker 2: On reels, I would still be calling people and be like, what's the current song I should put on? What's this? But anyway, I went back. I went to do my playlist and I did a real deep dive and I was like, you know what, I'm not gonna ask people. There's some songs in there that people have played for me that I actually really responded to that I did get from them, and it was only because I liked it. But I went back and I did a deep dive and I'm telling you, I'm good at this. Like I can't believe my whole life. I was like, I don't know music. I'm not a mute musick person. I am a music person. I'm that girl that's seeings so loud in the car when something's on. I'm that girl that will park. And I've done this since I was young. Park and like, oh my god, I remember my first car, which was a champagne colored BMW and mom dad got me that for my sixteenth birthday. I know, rich girl problems, gotta shook up that, uh, And then they made Donna Martin's car the exact same car. But I used to put that on, put my sunglasses on, and I would drive down Pch and I would be belting out like hungry like the wolf, like oh my god, oh my god, I have the tiger like ough ah Bengals. Sorry, I just got super excited. See. So what I came to realize, thank you. iHeart that I've been sticking with the same story, which is also you know, finding yourself again, the same story that's not doing me just listening because it's not true. I have an opinion. I love music and I picked the radest playlist. I mean it's very uniquely tory. There's like a little mermaid in there. Oh my gosh, there's the never ending story, the never ending story.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you might want to make some more current references as you describe your playlist. Right now, it's just the never ending story and the little Mermaid.
Speaker 2: No, I'm trying to tell them how rad that it's like. So it's not like I was like, hey, AI, create me a playlist. I was like, no, this is like I worked so hard on this and I feel like it's amazing. And here's why I know it's amazing. My kids seventeen, fifteen, twelve, eleven and seven. They were like, I'm like, okay, can we put on Usually we listen to their playlist and I'm like, whatever you want, whatever you want. I was like, guys, Mother's Day, can we play my playlist? And we played it and I look over and the kids are jamming out to my tunes. That was the best. They were like, Mom, Mom, this is so cool. Yes, I have current stuff in there that I like, like huge fan of air and Pat Benattar is still referencing old stuff. There's there's some cool new stuff I know I have. I have like Olivia Rodrigo and like stuff that speaks to me. And I was concerned it was too much of like quote unquote chick playlist. But my seventeen year old he has amazing music taste and he has such eclectic taste. I mean everything from like old school like my Godfather. He'll have Dean Martin on there all the way from there to like heavy metal. Like he's just has great taste. And he I was like, Mom, this is cool. I'm like a dude likes this. He's like, yeah, you got some great stuff. And then there are ones like poor some sugar on me, and then he's like, oh, I love this song, and I wanted to be like, oh, I used to like troll on like the stripper pool to that. Wait does sound weird? Remember when pole dancing classes came in? That was like a fad. I did that and that was my song. Oh and slash dance anyway, love my playlist. We played it the whole way. The kids were obsessed with it. They're still playing it. Love it anyway, had our dim sum and then afterwards Stella's like, okay, mom, we're doing this is a very un Mother's day Mother's Day, which I call it Motherfucker's Day anyway, so she was like, we did the anti Mother's Day, Like it wasn't like prim and proper and brunch and like all that. We went. So we did my playlist, which rocked the mic. Right, you guys, I think I want to take it. I want to be a DJ. Is this possible, Loraine?
Speaker 1: Are there any open slots that iHeartRadio for Torita? You know have a station?
Speaker 3: Let me look into it.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, like, no, I want to be a DJ?
Speaker 1: What oh you mean like Paris Hilton like live events?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, well what about Tory in the morning.
Speaker 2: Toy is not good in the morning, Tory, Tory at night, Tory after dark, peach Pit after dark, get it, Tory after dark.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: So Stella's like, uh, I have a really major surprise for you now. I always say I hate surprises new me gut check. Nah, that's my old story. Sorry too, Maybe I like surprises. Cool. Let's proceed. So she takes my ways. She puts in the address and she's like, I don't want to see where we're going. We go from dim Sum, we park down this alley and I'm like, where are we going?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Now I know where we are. One of my favorite tattoo and piercing places. This is where my kids take me. Just my jam cool Nathan's. Nathan's is in Canoga Park and it's been there since nineteen ninety three. It's one of like the coolest places. I've gotten multiple piercings over the years. I trust them. My daughter Stella when she got her ears, peeris she got one. They've done it. They're just top of the top. But she goes and not only are you going in you can get a piercing, but Nathan him self is coming in. And I've known Nathan for years, love him, but like wow, Nathan himself is coming in on Mother's Day, but he just asked. He was like, his wife was saying, they have to get somewhere. They have Mothers Day dinner and so we have to be there. And I was so excited. So we go in and I was like, oh my gosh, what am I going to get? Because I've told you guys before, I didn't get my ears peers till I was forty something. I waited till Stella said to me because I wasn't allowed to get my ears piers till I was eighteen. By eighteen, I was like, I don't even like ear rings, not into it. And then I was like, one day, if I have a daughter, we'll do it together when she's ready. And I waited and Stella, when she was I believe six, said to me, Mom, I'm ready and I was like, okay, let's do it. So we did it. And my second daughter, Hattie, I've always said, like, you know, let me know when you want to get your ears peers. She's twelve and she was always scared, so you know, we would go and then she'd be like, I don't want to do it, and I was like, no problem, you don't ever have to do it, just when you want to do it. We'll do it together. Mom, you'll get another piercing. So we're doing it together. So as we're entering Hotty goes, I'm ready. I want to get my ears pierced. And I was like, oh my gosh. Tried to play it down. I was like, cool, that's great. Are you sure, like, no pressure, it's not about me, this is about you, and she's like, no, I want to do it. I was like yes, And then do you guys know what dermals are?
Speaker 3: I feel like you kind of explained it once, but I think you should tell us again.
Speaker 1: And then it like a same process as getting a tattoo, but it doesn't last something like that.
Speaker 2: It's called Hannah. It's a similar process, says as getting a piercing, but it's on the skin and it's anchored in and they say they don't last. And it's the type of thing that your body takes it or it doesn't take it. It's not like a piercing where it it stays and you can kind of get them wherever. Like I had one on my neck, a little bumble bee and anyway, I was like, you know, what I want to get a dermal. I'm going to get a dermal, and of course, you know I love a good title. So it was like dim sum and dermals, let's proceed. And so then I was like, oh my gosh, my best friend Jess is going to freak out because the last time I got a dermal, she told me I was having a midlife crisis. And I was like, okay, so I haven't told her. We're going to bring her on and I'm gonna tell her and show her where I got my dormal. She's actually going to come in right now.
Speaker 3: I'm so anxious about this. I told her I took a Xanax before I went to bed.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not what you took a Xamax but cool kind of.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine there, but that was my excuse.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're gonna need a Xamax after She's not.
Speaker 2: I know. That's why I was like, you guys, she's been through everything with me. She knows every sort of detail of my life, like, uh, yeah, there's way crazier stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah there, I mean there's stuff that I'm like, there's no way you would ever share it that I know, Like you share everything, but some of these things like not a chance. No, I know all the dirty secrets.
Speaker 1: This is new yess just definitely.
Speaker 3: I know. That's what she said. And I'm scared because I'm like, okay, so be pregnant. I don't know if you get another pig, Like.
Speaker 2: Wait, fuck you? You like, why can't I be pregnant? I'm fifty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you haven't had a period in like years and we wouldn't allow it that too.
Speaker 2: So so when I'm being proper and this sends her over the edge, I'll be like Jessica Lee and she's.
Speaker 3: Like, it gives me the worst anxiety.
Speaker 2: Right, that's like you calling me Tori. I'd be like, Okay, well I was going to tell you I'm doing this on my own.
Speaker 3: I got a.
Speaker 2: Sarrogate shut up, you did. It's a trade out because I can't afford it. But anyway, a trade off and I'm having a baby.
Speaker 3: Shut up and tell me the truth. There is no way in hell that is the truth.
Speaker 2: Stop Okay, you're lying.
Speaker 3: I know you. There is not a chance in hell for a very very lot of reasons.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I love to rile her up, so I like, is their way.
Speaker 3: But no, not a chance.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, Like it's so funny because Jess, like I'm blonde and like bright, and she's brunette and we're it's dark clothing, and so we would always try to be like, oh well, what makes sense, you know, like I'm the angel like ethereal and she's the devil. But it's actually the reverse, she's the angel, I'm the devil ish.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's ish ish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, pretty both, Yeah we are. We're pretty dead on exactly alike in many ways in some ways.
Speaker 3: In some ways okay, other ways were the exact opposite.
Speaker 2: But now and it works. Okay. Do you remember a time you told me I was having a midlife crisis? Do you remember what that was about?
Speaker 3: Because I still think maybe you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what happened when you said I had a midlife crisis?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: You got your nipples pierced? You got wait before that, no, but it was like, you know, I have a memory of a goldfish. So don't believe I'm fun You're warm? Oh yeah, yeah, no, you got your clip piers like years ago, Like what was it for you? It was a Christina and it was above like the belly button thing.
Speaker 2: It was not the clip.
Speaker 3: Okay, that is not a Your belly button and your Christina very different.
Speaker 2: I understand. But belly buttons they go like above. It's not like they go into the belly button.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't get a clip pearis Okay, fine, I got the little right above meaty part right above.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ruthan, I call Ruthan a prude.
Speaker 1: Can't see me. I'm shaking my head and crinkling my nose.
Speaker 3: Oh I see you.
Speaker 2: She'd be like, edit this, and I'll be like, no, I love it now.
Speaker 1: This is me.
Speaker 2: It involved a type of piercing, but it's called something else. I don't remember a dormal damn it here?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, that's it. Yes, I remember. Okay, but that was I feel like that's better than your nipple for being fifty I agree, right Like, I feel like that's nothing that's like could be cute and chic.
Speaker 4: So I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: So I decided that fifty one. And you know, I've been wearing a lot of crop tops lately. I'm feeling really good about my stomach. I've had five babies. I'm really proud at my stomach. That's you know, it's gone in and out five times and it's good, thank you, and I feel like, you know, my thing back in the day, like full Circle, was my belly. I always showed off my belly because that was one of my favorite parts of me. And now I do it again and people are like, stop dressing like a teenager. Oh people, that.
Speaker 3: Was you and no, no, no, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Would you say the other day?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it wasn't like a teenager.
Speaker 3: Oh it kind of. I said, you look like you're trying to be in high school, but not a cute way. So and then she's and then.
Speaker 2: She told me, oh, lose the skater girl look.
Speaker 4: Not even like the skater girl.
Speaker 3: Look. That could be really cute, but I'm trying to be.
Speaker 2: Nice, don't be Why do you start now? As I took that to heart, I looked back over the years I always had that and dressed that way.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you recently you've taken it to like a whole different level.
Speaker 3: The crap tops like. It wasn't even about that. It was like some of the like choices very recently, especially.
Speaker 2: The dolls kills stuff. That's my favorite. No, that's I mean, you and I both love that.
Speaker 3: But some of that's fine, but like it's a little like there's a way I feel like you could make it look chic, or there's a way where you overdo it and it's like you look like a high school kid. I hear you. Not a great way.
Speaker 2: But here's my thing. And I have a big problem with this, probably because I'm doing it and living in so I have a problem with it. I don't get why people you know what that reminds me of the statement like, oh, once you're past a certain age, you have to have short hair, you can have long hair, you can't wear red lips anymore. I disagree with that.
Speaker 3: Like I don't disagree.
Speaker 4: I disagree too.
Speaker 2: Look at Helen Mirren. No, I mean she has short hair, but she like looks hot. She flaunts it like she she's got it going on. She's sexy. But like, it doesn't matter what other people think. What if it makes me happy, if I like the clothing, what does it matter because you feel like people talk bad about me?
Speaker 4: No, No, I one hundred percent agree with you.
Speaker 2: Because your Xamax doesn't work at night and you're scrolling through my Instagram looking at comments and getting all fired up.
Speaker 4: No, I see pictures you send me.
Speaker 3: It's not even about your Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's great.
Speaker 3: It's like, hey, should I wear this?
Speaker 4: No, Like last weeks and Stella was saying the same thing.
Speaker 2: Fine, fine, like that agree anyway, I agree.
Speaker 3: You so great wear it. But but you even admitted there was a reason you were wearing it, And I think there's a way to do it where you look great. But some of the it's not even everything by any means, it's just a few choice pieces. I was like, what the fuck is she thinking? I send me those pictures? Absolutely? Yeah, No.
Speaker 2: Woman who wears like a rock tea, a black rock and roll tea and black biker shorts or leggings, that's everything.
Speaker 3: I literally yeah, And that's it. Anything that's like easy and comfortable, that's all I were. I'll go shopping and then I'll buy like five new black shirts.
Speaker 2: We'll be texting, like because when we go out we like to like be cohesive, right as best friends do. And we'll be like, what are you wearing? What are you wearing?
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, are you wearing your uniform? And she's like, duh, are you wearing yours? I'm like, and she means a crop top and jeans. I'm like, duh, yeah, and that's not it. The crop top and jeans is totally fine. Like that's like your look now, that's like what you're super into, right, and you'll caught.
Speaker 4: It's the like sometimes you take it over the edge with like.
Speaker 3: The really crazy skater, but like not even skaters, like the wrong word.
Speaker 4: I don't even have a word for it.
Speaker 3: I wish I did. It's just you. I mean maybe it is. Maybe it's a New York and if it is, then I'll love it.
Speaker 2: No, always tell me what do you mean? You need that person in your life that's like you look like shit, like that doesn't work and like you yeah, always like thank god. Being in the business I'm in, sometimes you have people that come in and out of your lives that are yes people. It just happens. Both Ruth Anne and Jess are both the two friends that'll be like nope, nope, and I need that. Okay, So I'm I'm skirting around the issue. Okay, So I got dermals Okay more more, remember the bumble Bee pushed itself out after six months?
Speaker 3: You got them on Sunday. You got them Sunday or Monday.
Speaker 2: I got them Sunday on Mother's Day. Oh so my kids know me so well. Stella surprise me. She took me to dim Sum and a piercing place which did dermals, because not all piercing places do dermals.
Speaker 4: I think dermals are like the one.
Speaker 3: I love piercings, you know that, and I like dermals.
Speaker 2: We do love piercings. What do we do every year on Mother's Day? Typically we get Yeah.
Speaker 3: We get an extra piercing.
Speaker 2: Somewhere, we get matching piercing somewhere, and yeah, we still have to get ours this year. Yeah, haven't done it yet. Okay, so I'm going to reveal it ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah wait should I guess? Oh yeah, your foot?
Speaker 2: Oh no, but add that to my list. Then where my point is full circle. I was always proud of my stomach. When I was young, I warlow crop tops. I'm fifty one, I wear crop tops. Now I'm super proud of it. The reality is I'm not going to be able to show my stomach off forever. That's just that's a fact. You'll have to stop me. When I'm seventy, I'll be trying to do it and you'll be like Nope, you will.
Speaker 4: If you look good, then do it.
Speaker 2: It did bruise around because it was a major thing, so there might be there's some bruising, so no one look at that. But I just got it a few days ago, obviously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me see it's bruised owl.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh my god, I'm scared of her reaction.
Speaker 3: I mean, I like Jessica, if it was like one, it's kind.
Speaker 2: Of well like if you don't numbers, you know, like everything in pairs.
Speaker 3: Always say this. I'm like, if you love it, then then great. And I'm I thought it was going to be just like one, or like even like two next to each other like a cluster or like.
Speaker 2: No, take the bruising out. It's a bigger one and then it goes up to a smaller one.
Speaker 4: Can't believe you waited to tell me this.
Speaker 3: I've kind of shocked you because while you were there, I'm a producer in my head and a broadcaster, and I was like, oh, I'm going to reveal this to my best friend on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's expecting you to get matching ones.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And you can't see past the brothing. No, no, I can't see the bruising on camera. I'm just trying to decide if I like it or not. I feel like I love you. Okay, did Hattie and Stella get them or Hattie won't get a piercing? Or did she do it?
Speaker 2: Had he got her earsppearance? She did it? She finally okay, good and they look so good and oh it was a great moment and she was so happy and she was terrified and then she was like, but I'm ready. Yeah, and she did it and they look great, and I was like, welcome to the club. Because so the shocking one. The shocking one is Bo got his ear pierced.
Speaker 3: Did he?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Wait, he should have done it with Sophia. Sophia's been begging me. She would have love to.
Speaker 2: Well, I wanted Sophie and Hattie to do it together. But then it and this was spontaneous Stella and I was I was saying, before this, it's you know, Nathan's in the Valley, which is uber famous. Nathan himself came in to do this for us for Mother's say, as a gift to me, and it was very very kind and he's like old like it's old school, and he's like one of the best. So I was like, okay, and not everyone does dermals now, yeah, so and he does them amazing. He did Hattie's ears anyway. Bo, it was a spontaneous thing. He's like, I want my ear peerist and if you remember, this felt very similar to when Stella and I went to get our ears Puris when she was six and she was ready. Liam was there and he was seven, and he said, can I get one of your peers? And I wanted to be like, no, no, my god, you can't do that yet when you get older. And then in my head I'm like, wait, wait, wait, I'm having that reaction because it's a boy with a girl, like we don't even think, like they pierced baby's ears, you know girls when they're born, like you know that happens. So I had to like bite my tongue, which is hard for me because I say everything. And I was like, oh my gosh. I was like, how can I say no? He's seven, like his six year old sister is getting her ears piers And I'm gonna say no, you can't because you're a boy, right, And so he did. And Bo doesn't even know any of this, and Finn, you know, he doesn't want anything to do with any piercings any you know, we got the permanent jewelry this weekend where they put on and he I was like, hey, Finn, do you want to get a permanent bracelet or not? Like Nope, nope, nope, nothing nothing to do with piracings. Not his jam cool fine, but Bo said, mom can I? And I looked at him and I was like, oh, he's such a baby, and oh my gosh, he was the exact same age when Leam asked to get his ear purist.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which Bo seems so much younger to me, but I think it's because he's my baby and my last one, so I'm like holding onto the little baby. Anyway. He also said well can I pick it out? And he's gotten very rock and roll as you know. You know, he has long hair, and he used to you know, paint his nails like green and blue because he was like superhero colors. And now he's like, oh, he wants them black and he wants skulls on them and rock and roll cool. What you know. I'm I'm very into everything in moderation, letting my kids experiment with stuff with me because it'll you know, save things for later. Like you know, you weren't allowed to do stuff and then you hadn't got your tongue piers.
Speaker 3: So yep, fact that's true.
Speaker 2: Fact. Yeah, I mean she doesn't have it anymore. But when you're repressed from doing something or like you can't do something, sometimes that makes you want to do it when you get out there and can. So I said, sure, what do you want, buddy, And he went to the case and he goes, I want that black cross I like, and it was you know, it's it's titanium, so it's super safe and a little tiny black cross. Now I'm a Jewish girl, and I was like, I don't wear crosses. I've never worn crosses, but I'm not, you know, pulling religion into this, right and then right, So you know, nowadays it's cool. You know, the kids kind of mixed stuff back and forth and it's like a nice thing. And also I would I couldn't say no because I was like, oh my gosh, it reminded me of Donna Martin. Like Donna Martin always wore crosses and stuff, and that was like my jam on nine oh two, whent no anyway, he took it like a champ. He did one ear. Which side he did the left side?
Speaker 3: Okay, cute, which there used.
Speaker 2: To be a controversy of like you know, if you're a straight male, you do the left, if you're a gay male you do the right yep. And then then guys, because I remember like Brian Austin Green had his ears peeris he did both and it was just like, you know, it was in so I was trying to be like, I don't want to guide him. And there's occasions when people will say at school like to bo oh, you have long hair, you're a girl, or will be out and people think it's a girl. It the child I carried for nine months.
Speaker 3: You're a little baby, my baby.
Speaker 2: It anyway, and he's used to it. And Finn had the same thing when he was younger. And by the way, people were like, cut your kid's hair. They've done this with all three of my boys. Yeah, And I was like yeah, And I was like it was always a thing with me because I was like, you know what, when they're ready to cut their hair, they'll cut their hair. I'm not making that decision. And I only do that because when I was young. You know, I went to like the fanciest like place in Beverly Hills, jose Ebert, who sadly has passed. But he was like the it guy back in the day because I'm old and my mom would have him cut my hair and she was always like, oh, I think it looks good here. And so I was young and back then, you know, parents dictated, and I was always like, oh, I wanted to grow it out. So that was always in the back of my mind. So I said, you know, my kids, when they want to do something in their hair, I'll let them do it. And always Liam went through a stage. He has long hair now, but he had long hair and then one day he was like, I want to like cut it all off, and he did and Finn Finn had gorgeous long curls, and then one day he said he wanted a faux hawk. He called it because he had seen some rocker habit. I was like, cool, let's do it. And now it's back to being long and bo I've always said like, you know, dude, what do you want to do with your hair? And he's like, I love my lung. He's super proud of his hair. Anyway, it's his decision, and I'm happy for that. But anyway, we were deciding left or right, and I was like, I don't want to make that judgment, so you know again, and then he organically picked his left. And that's not a thing anymore that you know. Men can pierce either side they want. Women can pierce whatever they want, you know, especially in all it's like who cares? You do what you want exactly. So he got it, and I was like waiting, like, oh, is he gonna cry? You're gonna cry totally. My son high pain tolerance, like no emotion. He was like yep. I was like, wow, rockstar, it looks so good. Immediately afterwards, he's like, I want them both pierced. I was like, dude, let's wait and see how it heals, and then we can always like you know, little by little starts slow.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't see it.
Speaker 2: It's adorable. Sure enough, he went to school and I was happy. Only one person said you have an earring. One kid goes, you have an earring. That's for girls, and he was like, I'm so proud of him. He goes, I'm a boy and I can do whatever I want. Oh good. I was like that's so cool because we have always been like, I'm a girl and I can do whatever I want, So it's cool that boys can be like Yeah, but that night he did come home and say, Mom, I want a haircut, and I got okay, that's cool, and so I cut his hair. You did, Yeah, I always cut their hair, but like short, his hair is like below your shoulders, and yeah, he wanted it. It's like above his shoulders now and he looks great. And I gotta tell you that, you know me pain like piercings. I have to get my blood drawn like nothing, nothing hurts me, like I'm I'm a tough mother. Yeah uh yeah, this one not for the week if you Yeah, I forgot of course, or self sabotage that in the process of moving, you know, it's like end of the year, doing all the school projects with the kids, like doing stuff. I'm bending over so much, so much. Oh oh yeah, baby.
Speaker 3: Like bump it.
Speaker 2: Yeah a little bit. That has to hurt, Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 4: So they probably aren't gonna last long.
Speaker 2: If they're pooled on a lot, you'd be happy with that. No, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 3: Trying to be nice. But whatever, I mean, you look good. You do what you want. It doesn't matter what I think, like it truly does not matter.
Speaker 2: Well, it matters what you think, and then I do it anyway. So but anyway, yeah, and I want to get more? Is that there? You over the edge?
Speaker 3: It depends where you don't do like your face.
Speaker 2: Like my face is already. You think I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Matter, it'll send me over the edge?
Speaker 2: Nope? Okay. On that note, do you want your tongue piercing back? Why don't we do that together?
Speaker 4: As long as it's not like hanging out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: That's what makes us best friends. It makes me TMT too much, toy. Okay. On that note, you heard it here. My best friend and I are going to get our tongue pierced next, so stay tuned.
Speaker 3: By bye bye