Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Damien is on the phone today for a first date follow up. He's getting ghosted by a woman named Serena. So we're going to see if we can find out why and maybe get him another date if he still wants one. After he finds out why, Damien was some man, thank you for your email. Before we get into your date, how long has it been since you talked to Serena.
Speaker 3: It's been about two weeks.
Speaker 2: Above two weeks.
Speaker 4: That's kind of a sweet spot, you know, you start to really panic at the two week point.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to like rush or anything, but I am. I am.
Speaker 5: Once.
Speaker 6: When I heard yall we're looking for, you know, things like this, I was like, I don't want to try.
Speaker 3: And reach out.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll tell us a little bit about Serena and why you think you're getting ghosted.
Speaker 6: Like, honestly, I think I'm a pretty self aware guy, and I am puzzled as to what's going on because we went. I took her on a date to a wine bar, and first of all, actually she is a friend of a co worker of mine. And so we took her to a wine bar and it was pretty casual. I thought we had great conversation, and let me just say, she is absolutely stunning.
Speaker 3: She's beautiful. But more importantly, I just thought that she was really intriguing and she was a little shy. I could tell she was a little nervous, But overall I thought the date went really well, and I was surprised when she just left in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: She's just left in the middle of your date.
Speaker 3: Yes, Like she went to the bathroom and was just gone.
Speaker 6: I'd say probably like were we were three quarters of the way through the state, and I thought everything was going like wonderful, and then all of a sudden, she's just gone.
Speaker 4: Did it seem like something had happened.
Speaker 6: I did notice that, like something came up, and she was like it looked like maybe like halfway through she got a text or something and something looked a little frantic, So maybe something came up.
Speaker 3: And now she's like maybe too shy to reach out or something. But yeah, I mean, like she she was.
Speaker 6: Kind of texting a bunch and then we talked a little bit more. She went at the restroom, and then she's gone. M.
Speaker 4: I mean, either you really sucked in her mind or you know, something did did happen.
Speaker 6: I will be the first to admit, you know, like my bad, but I really don't think that's the case.
Speaker 4: If you're running out on somebody, how do you redeem yourself after that?
Speaker 3: I just hope something like came up.
Speaker 6: I asked my friend about it too, and he said he hasn't heard from them, and so I'm not really sure what's going on.
Speaker 4: Huhuh, Yeah, it must have been something then with the with the phone or the text message.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did it seem like she was distracted? I mean, was you know, was she getting a lot?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Did it look like an emergency happened? Is what I mean? Did it look like there was something she was paying attention to so much on her phone where all of a sudden she just had to go if.
Speaker 3: It was an emergency? She played it off pretty well.
Speaker 6: But I will say, like the first like you know, hour or so, like we were talking and she wasn't really on her phone at all, and then she started like getting on her phone at bunch and so like that was like noticeable, but it didn't I don't know, it didn't seem like it was mess necessarily anything too crazy, to the point where, like, you know, she went to the bathroom and then I was there for another forty five minutes before I was like, I think she's.
Speaker 2: Gone, Oh wow, Okay, that's that's got to be awkward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry. To me, that's like worse than ghosting. You got, like, what is it called leaving a day ditched?
Speaker 3: I would have felt like at least a heads up or something, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be a common courtesy.
Speaker 2: So since that happened, how many times have you tried to reach out to her?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 6: I texted her a couple of times really, just like early on, like maybe a week ago, but I haven't wanted to like blow her up or anything like that, so I just kind of let it be.
Speaker 3: And I've still been thinking about it. So that's why I reached out to y'all.
Speaker 4: I think I'd be more worried at this point than anything else, because that's just too strange.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I am kind of worried.
Speaker 6: I mean, like, I guess I'm worried about her, but you know, I'm always like, is there something wrong with me?
Speaker 7: Too?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 7: All Right?
Speaker 2: Well, we'll try to figure out for you to play a song, come back and then call her and see if we can figure it out and get you another date if you still want one. Okay, sounds good, All right, well play us. I'll come back and get your first day follow up next.
Speaker 1: So you will show first date follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocateslad dot com.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle of your first day follow up and if you're just joining us, Damien is on the phone and Damien is getting more than ghosted by Serena. He actually got ditched in the middle of his date by Serena, and he doesn't know why. Damien before we call her to see if we can figure it out, just refresh everybody's memory. Run down real quick. How your date went.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my friend set me up with the date.
Speaker 6: We went to a line bar and she was awesome and we had a great time, or we were having a great time, and then about now we're in I've noticed that, like she started, I guess she got a text message or something and started maybe freaking out a little bit, and a little after that went to the restroom and never came back.
Speaker 3: Been trying to hit her up, and that's when I reached out.
Speaker 2: Yea, that was it? Like, no response. I just want to know what it was me too. All Right, we're about to call her, Damien.
Speaker 3: You ready, Yeah, I'm ready?
Speaker 2: All right, Here we go. Hello, Hi, man, I speak to Serena. Hey, Serena, how are you? This is Jubil from the Jubil Show. It's a radio show.
Speaker 4: Hi, Serena. My name's Nina. I'm here too, Nina, Serena. See we could be friends.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Victorian. So there's three people on the phone with.
Speaker 5: Your Oh wow, okay, Hi.
Speaker 2: Are you familiar with the show at all?
Speaker 7: A little bit? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard the segment that we do called a first date follow up before?
Speaker 7: Oh gosh?
Speaker 2: Oh so we got an email about you from somebody that you're ghosting.
Speaker 4: Have you ran out on a date recently?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, a little more than.
Speaker 7: Ghost okay, horrifying. This is like the worst case there.
Speaker 2: Damien emailed us and he is wondering what he did, like why you just ran out on your date with him?
Speaker 5: Oh? Oh no, okay, hmm.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, let's breathe really good together, Serena.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm so embarrassed. Oh my gosh. Okay, No, it had nothing to do with Jamie. I mean he's there. I mean he's not there, but he can hear me. I guess you had nothing to.
Speaker 5: Do with him.
Speaker 2: So you have heard a few of these, Yeah, no I have. I can tell because you know that he's on the other line listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Let's not put the pressure on yet. I feel like, let's let him listen. I agree before we put him on point Nina.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, it had nothing to do with him. It's just really embarrassing. I was really excited about this date. My friend works with Damien, so I really wanted to look nice and I don't really have a lot of you know, like nice dress up stuff. So I borrowed some clothes from her. And it was like a really low cut body suit. Yeah.
Speaker 7: It was as cute until it wasn't. Uh.
Speaker 5: At one point I reached like to get some water, and it like fell open and I had like I had a wardrobe.
Speaker 7: Malfunction, a little like a nip slip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know he saw it, Like, I know, he looked straight at me, and I was just there was way more than I'm not like that. I I don't dress up like that at all, and I sure don't you know, strip No. I was mortified. So I started texting my roommate about I mean, I can't believe that he made.
Speaker 4: Me wear this, and.
Speaker 5: Now I'm you know, I just I look like a stripper. And so I just excused myself to the bathroom and then I couldn't. I just couldn't come back to the table. I was just so embarrassed that I knew he'd seen me.
Speaker 2: You know, are you sure he saw you?
Speaker 5: I know he saw me, like he smiled, you know, he smiled at me and was like, I mean, he was playing it.
Speaker 7: Off, but I was just it was horrible.
Speaker 4: It's definitely an embarrassing moment. Just to make you feel better really quickly, just to know that you're not alone. I have actually split my pants on a date, wide open in the back, and I was wearing a thong and it was completely visible, to the point that he had to go to his car to get me a hoodie to tie around my waist. And I was wearing a nice outfit to make sure people didn't see my butt. So you're not alone. This kind of stuff. It happens day.
Speaker 2: Even if it was your first date. Though, I find it hard pressed to believe that most people would judge somebody for that on a first date, Right, it just happens, It's an accident.
Speaker 4: Well what if it happened to you, Jubil. Let's pretend that you were single and you went on a date with somebody and all of a sudden they had a little oopsie.
Speaker 2: Right, are you cool with that? Yeah? Yeah, and not not in a pervy way, sure, right, but I would try to make the fo I would actually look at it as an opportunity to like, watch, I'm going to show her understanding I am, and then maybe I'll get to see him for real later, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I asked my question because you know, Jul will be like, it's okay, pulls his pants down and the restaurant. Well, maybe we should talk to Damien. Yeah, see if he even saw it, Srina, you already know he's on the other line listening, so we'll just bring him on.
Speaker 2: Damien.
Speaker 6: Hey, uh yeah, I just want to go ahead and like clear the area. I had no idea that this happened, Like, honest to god, I had no.
Speaker 3: Idea, Are you serious? I know you said that.
Speaker 8: I like smiled and played it off, but like, I don't know if like I just wasn't looking like I feel like that's something I would have noticed.
Speaker 3: But I swear to god, I had no idea that that happened.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, does that make you feel better? Serena?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I mean it does. But I'm so sorry that I left.
Speaker 5: I just I was mortified. I just I just wanted the words of like, swallow me up. I was so horrified by it.
Speaker 6: Well, and I also just want to say that I thought that you looked like fantastic and I jumped it.
Speaker 3: It was you look incredible that night.
Speaker 7: Oh well, thank you. I'll never be wearing it again, but thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Like, I really had no idea, and I thought i'd like, I thought they're puzzled, Like when I finally realized you weren't coming back, I was like, man, what did I do that?
Speaker 3: Like really screwed up the state? And I thought it was I thought it was going really well. I thought we really connected.
Speaker 7: No, it really was, and it's just me.
Speaker 4: It was just me.
Speaker 5: I was just I couldn't. I felt like I couldn't come back from that, and I'm really sorry. I should have I should have said something, but I honestly felt like I couldn't even I couldn't even come back to the table after that.
Speaker 3: That's okay, I get I'm sure that's yeah.
Speaker 8: That would be really really tough to like try and cover up with if you thought that's what was going on, and I, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: You see, That's what I've noticed about, especially when things like that happen, people are self conscious about it because they know it happened. Yeah, but most of the time people aren't even checking for it and they didn't see it at all. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't know what to say.
Speaker 2: Hey, Serena, would you like another date with Damien now that you know he didn't see it and it wasn't awkward for him because he didn't even see it at all. And he's also really liked you and it's been wondering why you ran out.
Speaker 7: That would be great, absolutely sweet, Damien.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's uh, let's we go maybe like we'll go walk in the park and we can wear big sweatshirts or something so we don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 7: You know that'd be awesome. Thank you, Thank.
Speaker 3: You so much.
Speaker 4: You're so cute. Serena.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you, guys. I really appreciate it so much better. I'm so sorry, Damon, I'm really not like that. I'm not I'm not.
Speaker 3: Just I'm looking forward to another thing all too.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much giving me another chance.
Speaker 3: You Will's first
Speaker 1: Day follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorney online at advocates loud dot com