Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Jettie and he arm get It's fine Yay live from studio.
Speaker 2: CE sees in your hang Jim let llam deeper in the bowels of the Armstrong and Getdy Communications compound. Hey, y'all heading into the weekend, runder the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 1: Don't really feel strongly about anything could go with pennies are coming to an end as a part of American life, or Chinese drones which they're way too many of. Was just reading about that where the stock market was took quite a dump yesterday and might be an indication of something huge. Who knows, Michael, where's our sound? Where's our stock market sound? Remember Michael's very very busy. Yeah. So our old producer Scott decided to no, no, no, no, no. Sean, our old producer Sean decided he needed to get really educated about the stock market, and he did, which was an admirable He just likes a grown man. He decided, here's something I'm going to get really interested in it, and he did a lot of studying and everything like that, but he pointed out, and I'd never noticed it before, but once he pointed it out, I have never been able to stop thinking about it. In that all your economic report reporting says as, they don't say because they just say as, So my first is appropriate, yeah, because they don't have any idea what they're talking about, their guessing. So my first as I had yesterday that I saw was a stock market, big giant drop yesterday by the nip by the nip, as uh investors realize AI ain't going to turn out to be what they thought it was, and I thought, oh, okay, it's the AI bubble crashing. So that was just in my head. Then this morning I saw stock market dropped a lot yesterday as the FED announced they may not lower interest rates. No, that's it, okay, when they said they were going to drag it the mono cause I can't, So they don't have the this happened because they can't say it is because of this, because nobody knows. It's way too complex, so they always throw it an ass. And then it kind of goes into your head as because sure and once you catch causation, et cetera. Yeah, once you catch on to that, you notice they do it all the time, and they're just guessing. They're absolutely guessing. Obviously, those are two very different stories, whether AI is not all cracked what it's cracked up to be, or the whole interest rate thing. But man, I don't know if you've studied the stock exchange, but there are lots of different stocks and they respond to different things at different times. So yeah, it's it's much more complex and subtle than added ainstream media would have it. Added in with the fact that it's mostly computers trading now gazillions of decisions per half a second and reacting to each other and everything like that, and it's really hard to figure out what's going on. But in video, the big AI chip maker has had quite a drop from their high. Yeah, and who knows if that will bounce back or not. And the whole is AI, the AI thing gonna bul If that bubble breaks, there won't be an ass as this happens or as that It'll all be holy crap, the world has changed quite a bit because the stock market is built on AI right now, right there it is, there's our stock market sounds that's the one I was looking for Ah, well, bubble, was that a bubble? I think people are starting to reckon with the spectacular obligations or commitments. I should say that the various tech companies are making towards spending incomprehensible amounts of money more and more each year over the next several years, and people are starting to think, you know, I make a lot of money on this stock already, and that sounds crazy. It might be like crazy great, but it's definitely crazy. So I think I'll unload these stocks. The Trump administration huge push the last couple of days to make it sound like they're super concerned about affordability. I since everybody's decided that's the topic for the voting populace is affordability. And JD. Vance's out giving speecheses yes day and everything like that. And so I was just reading a newsletter that was including a bunch of regular people talking about how much more things cost and comparing their grocery bill now to five years ago and all that sort of stuff. But the one thing a couple mentioned that they said they can't that really makes the difference. That was interesting, like one person saying, Okay, we make up for the groceries, like we've quit going to Starbucks, and we canceled one of our streaming subscriptions, and you know, kind of evens out. But the thing that is killing them is homeowner's insurance going up. Car insurance going up as much as it has. And that is true, man, that is a chunk of money. Oh yeah, whoah, many many times, well maybe not many times, but a hell of a lot more than the rate of inflation, especially over the last five years. Yeah, skyrocketing. And then add to that medical costs, none of which are you know, your two be subscription whatever that is. It keeps jumping up on my TV trying to get me to subscribe. Those are obligations. You legally can't not have a couple of those, Yeah, exactly. You can cut back, you can change a way by groceries, you can eat different things, whatever, But if you got to drive a car, your car insurance going way up. Yeah, is a lot. And how come I haven't heard any politicians bring that up. I constantly hear about the price of eggs, but not the price of insuring my twenty fifteen Honda Accord that is tripled or whatever it has as in the last several years. Yeah, yeah, I tell you what. I get tired and discouraged even thinking about this because the insurance industry is a lot like the medical field, as described by Stephen Brill in his brilliant book Bitter Pill, which came out. Gosh, I was at least a decade ago, now, wasn't it. Maybe even more I think more than yeah. But he said, the government is not involved where it's bitterly needed, and is overly involved where it shouldn't be. If I had to go back in time to when I was, you know, we were early in our careers and I didn't make that much money, my biggest the thing that would be hardest to adjust to would be the insurance thing. And I have to drive a completely different vehicle than I drove at the time. You have to go older and cheaper and less insurance to be able to afford it. Man, that's a problem. I don't know what's going to be done about that. The whole affordability thing, when you package the whole all of it together, that's something. This is, this is going to be the topic of the next year leading up to the election, and both parties battling to at least look like they're the party that cares about it, right right, Well, and Trump with his misstep. I keep hearing the quote from Laura Ingram. The only time the mainstream media ever pays attention to Fox News is when you know something bad happens for Republicans. But when Trump's told the Laura that, no, that affordable ability thing is a Democrat con job, everything's great. I'm just not getting credit for it. Oh was that a misstep? Yeah, yeah, I think that's why they've been out the last couple of days. I don't know if I'm buying this new argument that rents and housing prices are high because of illegal immigration and Joe Biden letting all the illegals in. That's what j D. Bance rolled out yesterday. Oh no, it's not a non factor, but it's not the factor. It's a good one though, if you want to completely blame a different administration for something, though, all your rent is too damn. I agree with you, sir, and and point to something that you know your base is with four square on right. But I've done something about clearly. Yeah, yeah, there. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but when it comes to their budgets, their dollars and cents, putting food on their table, and you know, having enough money to pay for medicine for their kids. People are very realist and have very little patience for for spin. I hope this all gets fixed when we go to war with Venezuela. I think that's the answer to all our problems. Freaking get into a war footing, give Venezuela what they've been asking for. Tired of the way they act. Huh, fifty first state Canada, and yet I can't remember fifty first, fifty second. Whatever we're at now, we Streeland, we haven't forgotten about you. We should start the show officially, because, as Taylor Swift says, we're married to the hustle. We're here to intorm you. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is Friday, November fourteenth, year, twenty twenty five, where I'm strong and getting. We approve of this program, all right, Let's begin then officially, according to that SEC rules of regulations. Here we go at Mark.
Speaker 3: The US men yesterday ended production of the Penny after two hundred and thirty two years.
Speaker 1: Well, still not the worst thing that ever happened to Lincoln? Huh he was murdered. Hey, you guys agree, right? I had a gun with Johnny Carson's classic Too soon, right right? I I don't mind a Lincoln assassination joke, really, but I don't know. Goodbye Penny. You'll be missed. Nope, hated carrying around my whole life and you're really worthless now, So goodbye Penny. Yeah? How long? Since there are gazillions of pennies out there? How long will they be in circulation? And I've heard lots of people ask this, and I'm not worried about it. I'm sure it will be worked out. But how is the whole things are nineteen ninety nine? My whole life, your whole life, everybody's whole life. Everything has been priced at eight ninety nine. How's that whole thing going to get fixed? Everything in round up or round down? Is it gonna be ninety five? Is everything going to be ninety five?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Eighteen ninety five? I think if unless you live somewhere with zero sales tax, that wouldn't be what you'd pay anyway. No, But just as a well, you're saying psychologically that we'll just stay it with everything's something ninety OUs, Oh I think so? Yeah, okay, and you don't think it'll immediately go into our head. But wait a second, nobody has pennies. Of course, who pays cash anyway? Right? Who are you paying cash for anything? I don't know. These questions are silly. I guess it's not. I guess it's a non problem. How much for someone's thoughts A nicol A penny's kind of an insulting offer. Not for mine? Well, it's about market value. I will not comment. Look forward to talking about some of the news today, and I actually looking forward to seeing what the stock market does. So Verizon announced they're going to cut about fifteen thousand jobs. That's with a couple other companies that have mention things like that, and several last week as we talked about on the air, and there were no none of your jobs numbers came out over the last month because of the shutdown, which I mocked a lot at the beginning of the shutdown, right right, but after you know, didn't think the shutdown was going to last almost a month and a half. So there's a whole bunch of data that hasn't been put out in the normal way during a time when many major companies announced tens of thousands of layoffs, So that next number that comes out next month could be pretty shocking. I've got to add in this unintentionally funny headline from the Wall Street Journal, which, oh, you'll probably react the way I did as the words unfolded in my brain. Worst market for college grads in four years was the headline. I'm thinking, you know, you look at those four years. One of those years has got to be the worst one. I mean, you're not saying much. I think that lands the way they think it's gonna land. All I know is the Mega Millions jackpots almost up to a billion dollars. That's my answer. Yes, that will get me out of a jam. How long before the federal government starts like plowing ten million dollars per week into the lotto to try to pay off the government debt? Is that?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow? See somebody federal government ends up winning the lotto like get Free Time, a national lotto, all the money goes to pay down the debt. Oh wow, that's a better idea. Yeah, we don't have to think about that. We got mail bag on the way, We got clips of the week today and more news to catch up on. I hope you can stay here. For instance, I dropped it, and consurance jumped up quite a bit in several states in twenty twenty four, and Minnesota went up fifty eight percent in one year, in Maryland fifty three percent, California forty eight percent in twenty twenty four. Pennsylvani is up thirty eight percent, Virginia thirty three percent. Car insurance is out of control, and then homeowners insurance if you own a home similar yipes. That is that the Eggs Schmegs do something about the car insurance and homeowners insurance, right, I agree completely. You know, there are plenty of people who thought the Grock guys should have been primarily concerned with going after all the regulations that clog up the economy. It's not too late. I would love to see that become a priority. Anyway. Let's talk about who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green and Katie starting with the Washington Post.
Speaker 3: China's new aircraft supercarrier challenges US dominance in Pacific.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that ain't good. That ain't good, Man, That underappreciated change in the structure of the world defense. Everything is China have an aircraft carriers that can because we didn't use that. There didn't used to be anybody could touch us when it came to aircraft carriers.
Speaker 3: Breitbart dot Com US aircraft carrier near Venezuela in flex of American military power.
Speaker 1: Take that, Venezuela tired of us, We'll show you by sailing ships at you. I guess.
Speaker 3: Business Insider TSA agents who served during the shutdown to receive ten thousand dollars bonuses.
Speaker 1: I don't hate this idea. I don't think I like rewarding people who knew they were going to get paid, who kept coming to work, including the air traffic controller guys. Ten grand sounds awfully ye generous though. Yeah.
Speaker 3: From the New York Post, fundraiser for Dave Portnoy's student Harasser raises over thirty six thousand dollars after anti Semitic rant.
Speaker 1: So I'm sorry the fund was for the kid, Yeah, alright.
Speaker 3: From The Independent, Elon Musk says Tesla's robot could follow people around to stop crime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got to be better than that video that came out the other day where it just stood there and looked at him. I want to ask where can I get a coke? Just stood there? Did you see when the Russian tech firm trotted out their new robot all that video goell on its face and broke? That video is fantastic. We should talk more about that later. This one's from the Daily Star.
Speaker 3: Betty Boop turns bloodthirsty and twisted new horror with gruesome scenes galore.
Speaker 1: There's a new cartoon of what the thirties? There's a new edgy or Betty Boop.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a horror movie of Betty and she attacks podcasters. Okay, but apparently it is one of the gorrier horror movies that has been released. Oh boy, all right, study fines thirty minutes of sitting, fifteen minutes of standing. It's the best ratio for back pain relief.
Speaker 1: Say it again, thirty minutes of standing, fifteen minutes of sitting.
Speaker 3: Now, thirty minutes of sitting, okay, fifteen minutes of standing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll do both. Sounds good. Send an alarm siris. ABC.
Speaker 3: Epstein appeared to offer political advice on dealing with Trump in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were very snarky. They didn't like each other. So ends my discussion of Epstein. It was a lead story again on MSNBC This Morning and Morning Joe. So that's four days in a row. Yeah, I'm Cianna's shovelers. Please it's ridiculous. There's nothing there.
Speaker 3: And finally from the Babylon Bee, Nancy Pelosi prepared for sad future of outsider Trading.
Speaker 1: That's pretty funny. Y, that is funny. Keep our eye on the stock market to see if that was a blip. They got caught off guard by the announcement that maybe there won't be an interest right hack again, or if it is the AI bubble starting to burst. That's a big one. In addition all the other news we got to get to. If you miss it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty. I don't know if I'm just my coffee intake is off today or what. Like I feel okay, but mentally, I really feel like things are about to collapse. Like not for me personally, but the world of all this financial news. I was gonna say, you sound sharp enough to me. All this financial news has just got me feeling ah eh, Jerry the word of the year. I hate when they come out with that because it always annoys me. But the word of the year should be precarious. Yeah, everything feels precare That's exactly right. That's what I feel. That is the feeling that you nailed my feeling precarious. Thank you. I'm happy to ah. So a lot to squeeze in, but the first the Friday tradition, it's time to take a fun look back at the week that was. It's caw clips of the week. Margat's government shutdown in American history could be coming to an end. Democrats nationwide feeling about Chuck Schumer. I think the word of the day is terrible. No way to defend this. You are right to be angry, I.
Speaker 2: Hella, I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: The bomb show release of what House Democrats say are emails to and from deceased convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. This vote is going to be on your record for longer than Trump is going to be president. And Lauren Boebert herself was called to the White House, had a meeting inside the Situation Room.
Speaker 3: There was no.
Speaker 1: Pressure, and I mean everybody was great. These emails proved absolutely nothing other than the fact that President Trump did nothing wrong. Twelve hundred flights have been canceled all across the US today. My little one has learned the word ice cream and she maybe make sure I promised her to get her ice cream when I get back home from the drip. That being said nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing. I'd say it comes in to fit me, that little girl in her ice cream. Well, turmoil at Britain's premiere broadcaster with President Trump right in the middle. We're gonna walk down to the Capitol and I'll be there with you and we fight.
Speaker 3: We fight like hell any did ready, bunch of rassend he says, excuse me, sir, so mister gendering me right away.
Speaker 1: If you're not a woman, that's obvious. This is a police matter.
Speaker 3: No, they are not.
Speaker 1: They are men, say optimist. Do you know where I can get a coke? I can take you to the kitchen if you want to check for a coke there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Go yes, let's do that. This is a very big play. Don't you think they have to get a touchdown. Let's put it differently, they just got a touch out. I'm reading this right like an actual real bull. Don't sleep all in the wet sheets, Sleep all in the wet sheets. If your name is Jack, don't sleep all the wet sheets. It's clips of the week. Gotta say, sleeping on dry sheets last night was a was a real treat. Enjoy it a lot. I'm sure it was signed the rest of humanity generally does signed non crazy people, so as always, cow was just dizzying and confusing and tiring in a good way. But all that stuff happened this week, including that one clip. Anytime any place, punch of fascists in the face, you're the young idiot shouting. And I want to follow up on that ugly, ugly situation in Berkeley, California as the turning point, USA tried to hold a very reasonable, intelligent, thoughtful event and I'll describe that in a second. But to get into that, I want to point this out Hassan Piker, who you've probably never heard of, and I hadn't really heard of until several people brought up the fact that he was at Mumdonni's rally and in a picture with him and other America hating type neomarxists and stuff, and he's just come up in the New again. He was in China. The dog abusing left wing edge lord who identifies as swagged out White Boy was in China with his sidekick who was like the captain of the squash team at a seventy nine thousand dollars a year of prep school. Okay, these guys hate capitalism and they're preaching Marxi Marxism, typical Marxist actually, But the Chinese authorities approached him because he had some meme involving Chairman Mao on his phone that he was showing off. And these two China loving Marxists coward and fears. The Chinese authorities approached them then cut off their feet, and Andrew Styles at the Free Beacon mocks them roundly for that. But who is this guy who's such a an accepted part of the American left now and he's big, I guess he's he said on his live stream from China, like life, I just don't like I'm not I don't have any sort of patriotism in my heart from America. And then he watched the ceremonial flag raising near Mao's portrait at Tianmin Gate. He marveled at the pride of the older Chinese subjects who were and this is a quote, fortunate enough to experience a radical transformation in their lifetimes unlike any other country. He's talking about Mao's cultural revolution the resulted in tens of millions of deaths. Not only that, but he said, what was the other thing? Oh? He is an addition to loving red China and this authoritarian speech police Piker is also a toxic ami anti semi who's argued landlords should be mass slaughtered until the streets soak in their red capitalist blood. He claimed that the United States deserved to be attacked on nine to eleven, and many other heinous remarks. He's been openly embraced by like the pods Save America Pros, which is a huge podcast on the left and other mainstream elements of the Democratic Party. It is astonishing. And then you go to Berkeley the reason I mentioned that event, Also, where's the left calling that out the way the right has been calling out the Nick Puentez Tucker Carlson thing right right, exactly, they're nowhere to be seen. In fact, they're embracing this guy. But anyway, Andrew Doyle is an author. He's written a couple of great books, Free speech and why it matters and the New Puritans. And he was at the Turning Point USA event in Berkeley the other day, which was even uglier than I'd realized because as I'd just seen some of the footage that was on the news, and he writes, the dark void of ideological thinking has really been more evident than in the celebrations following the assassination of Charlie Kirk. Even committed leftists were horrified to witness the sheer relish expressed online from those who seemed to oddly eager to advertise their lack of basic humanity, and that ugliness was still evident this week at the University of California at Berkeley, Turning Point USA held an event on campus in defiance of those who gloated over his death on what would have been Charlie's final stop on his college tour that was planned and he talks to it was Rob Schneider was there, the comedian Peter Bagosian great thinker friend of the Armstrong and Getty Show, and the Christian apologist Frank Turrek, and they were fielding questions from the audience discussing their shared commitment to liberty despite their many differences of opinion. It was, as expected, a jovial and good natured exchange of ideas. Outside, things were not so serene. Protesters had gathered early, threatening attendees and obstructing them as they tried to enter the building. There were pyroateectics being ignited, grass I'm sorry, glass containers being thrown, attempts to break through barriers, attendees scattering as a car was apparently made to backfire to create the illusion of gunshots. Though the speakers inside unanimously emphasized a commitment to nonviolence and open dialogue, the mob outside appeared set on menacing anyone suspected of being a ticket holder. One woman's necklace was snatched, people were bloodied, there were brawls. In a video of the incident, you can hear someone gleefully calling out, you're bleeding, white boy. Those assembled f you're dead Homeie exalting in Kirk's death, and he compares them to the Westboro Baptist church that would pick soldier's funerals to go their grieving families. And so when you get you know, you got this hassan piker guy who's embraced by the center ish left and a super popular podcaster. Well, no wonder people get the ideas the sick and are proudly chanting in the street. Unbelievable. Also, it sounds like the news coverage of that nationally was wanting as opposed to if it had been some violence of that level trying to stop some mainstream left thing. Yeah, all three IT networks would be doing hour long specials about it. Yeah. Yeah, man, there's a lot of sick thinking on the left. Hey, you mentioned the clips of the week and the cavalcade of sounds that were on there, and there were a lot of things on there. I could comment on all of them. I guess I did comment on all of them during the week. But the Tesla robot, we posted that video at Twitter if you haven't seen it, the optimist robot that Elon's rolling out, And that's Elon's new focus, right, the robots and all that sort of stuff, as opposed to the electric car. Yeah, I mean they gave him a trillion dollar incentive package at Tesla to perfect this robot. Do you think I'm picturing that like in five years, maybe not even that long, it'll be very common for everybody to have a robot in their house. Just like when the dishwasher showed up or the microwave oven, people will spring for that next appliance that is a robot that either folds laundry or I don't know what it'll be doing exactly. Yeah, I have follow up questions, but why don't we deliver a quick word from simply Safe home security. When you think of security, you probably think of an alarm in a house that reacts after somebody smashes your window. That's too little, too late. Simply Safe is different. It's the only home security you can actually call real security because simply Safe keeps watch outside your house and takes action before a criminal breaks in. I got to simply save myself. I love the cameras indoor and outdoor, and the center's on the doors and the windows and all that different sort of stuff. It is absolutely fantastic, and it's not that expensive, about a dollar a day. You can set it up yourself. It's simple to use, and there are no long term contracts and a money back guarantee, So why not try it? And here's how it works. Before the break and if someone's lurking or doing something they shouldn't be, simply saves live agents immediately, let them know they're on camera and if they don't believe, the cops will be dispatched. Simply Safe is so much better. And right now go to simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. You will get sixty percent off any new system. It's their best deal of the year. You will not see a better price against sixty day money back guarantee. Get sixty percent off your new system. Simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply Safe. So I was gonna say, are you picturing like a humanoid robot or just I mean cause, like a super good roomba to vacuum and do floors. I could send purpose robot. Yeah, had to be multi purpose in that. But it's funny. I started my sentence with you, and five years from now, will will it be common to have in your household? If you're old enough, you remember when like the dishwasher showed up, or the microwave or whatever, and it became affordable that most people and it was an expensive item, but eventually you and all your friends had one because it just became something that every family wanted to have. Will the robot be like that? But at the end of my sentence when I got to that that can, I didn't have any real good examples. What would it be doing? What would it do that would be worth I don't know. I'm picturing it being five thousand dollars at least at first. It'll yeah, be at least that, but as you pointed out, it'll get cheaper and cheaper as mass production moves in. Uh wow, I don't need it to load my dishwashers. Being of the dishwasher, it's not that much trouble. No, neither is folding launchy. Although if it did everything, if a loaded a dishwasher and folded laundry and picked up around the house, and and uh, you know, we just did a commercial for Simply Safe, not to put them out of business, but maybe it just, you know, kind of wanders around the house at night keeping an eye on things with a machine gun and metal teeth. Right. So well, I've got to disagree with you, though, And I would love folks input, whether if via text or email. Uh, if you could dump a load of laundry straight out of the dryer into a machine and it would fold everything perfectly and neatly, they would sell out. I mean initially to the rich, but that would be a popular item. I think. I don't know. Maybe it's just because I despise you must. I would not buy a five thousand dollar robot, or even a two thousand dollars robot, just to fold laundry. How about it be enough four hundred dollars robot four hundred dollars. Yeah, that they'll never be that cheap. It's going to be an expensive item. It will have to because it's going to be have to be so complex to be So I would like to know what the end of Elon sentences. Okay, you've dedicated your life to building these robots that can. Maybe he's mostly thinking warehouses. It's going to stack stuff, get stuff, down load trucks, pick up bales of hay, all kinds of different stuff. The assembly line. Sure work the assembly line. He's not thinking about it for home use, like I think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I think the future is probably, at least in the near term, single use. You know, robotic equipment, just like it is an industry. Most of those robots have one job. But we'll say, if you haven't seen the video of them rolling out the Russian version of that and it falling off the The best part of that to me is the Russian engineers walking behind it like with their arms out ready to catch it, because they knew it was going to fall over at some point. Why did they even do that? Demonstrate that was a bagby to post that at Armstrong and Giddy dot com. Let's dig that up, guys and put it up on their hotline. I like the guy grabbing the curtain and he couldn't. They try to pull a curtain so people can't see it, but he can't grab the curtain, and it was classic Soviet Union nonsense. We've got mail bag on the way, stay here, Hartrong. We got this text from somebody who says, I have my own turing test for robots. As soon as one can rake leaves, put them in a pile out by the street for the truck to come by. Then I'm in, Yeah. If you could add one that could do all those things, rake the leaves, put them out, take the trash out, unload the dish, all that stuff, that'd be pretty handy. That had cut quite a bit of work. Here's your freedom loving quota of the day. John Stuart Mill from on Freedom continuing the series, neither one person nor any number of persons is warranted and saying to another human creature of right beers that he shall not do with his life for his own benefit what he chooses to do with it. Yeah. John Stuart Mill was unfamiliar with the modern welfare state, in which you can do whatever you want or do nothing at all, and taxpayers will be asked to pay for your Nintendo system mailbagoo and your useless grievance degree as well drop us note mailbag and Armstrong and giddy dot com. Got this from Shock about the Government shutdown, among other things, and government employee unions. Guys, if the purpose of unions is to extract more money from greedy shareholders, then who are the targets of public sector unions? A questions seldom asked and never answered. Yeah, let's see. Ben in Texas Rights is a longtime listener twenty plus years. Thanks Ben. I've disagreed plenty, but this might be the first time I've ever been disgusted by your take on something. I can't even imagine being one of the many Epstein survivors who have publicly come out and said there were other rich and powerful abusers who have been named in police and FBI reports that for some reason, to face zero consequences. We would like that to change. Only to hear radio hosts call their please domb and a nothing burner. I wouldn't say that's a dumb plea at all. I've never said that about that particular concern. You don't have to believe Israeli intelligence is behind the whole plot to show some empathy for rape victims who would just like some justice, do better. Please No, no, okay, So we got a text similar to that that I was happy to read a little bit later. But I think the guilty parties have been caught. That's where we differ Epstein and Maxwell, who are trafficking these people. I don't think there's a giant group of rapists out there that are getting away with it. If I believe that, i'd be all I'd be with you. But I don't believe that. What do we put a pin in that? As they say, and we'll come back to it, let's see. Because I have a response to Ben too, John writes, I don't know if false flag is the right term, but maybe Trump fighting the Epstein files. As he knows nothing is in there keeps democrats busy and they look like fools when they find nothing. I don't know. Moving on joyfully, let's see David with a really interesting point of view about the unaffordability of housing, particularly for young people, young families. I'm bemoaning the lack of starter homes that allow younger people to get into the ownership game. And almost every municipality I'm aware of the mandated affordable housing is almost exclusively reneral properties. Yeah, the culture of expecting a home as nice as your parents who worked there were way up over thirty years is a big problem. But so is the crony capitalism of big developers getting a new apartment complex improved, while small individual starter homes almost never get approved. And he's been a general contractor in the West Coast for twenty years. That's interesting. Our first couple of houses were tiny, Judy and me and kind of crappy, and we fixed them up. But yeah, I think about all the new suburbs I see springing up there and everywhere. They're all big houses. Yeah, yeah, that's a good point. Interesting, And my Montana wants to know about Katy Wilson, the new mayor of Seattle, who pays forty thousand dollars a year in childcare, And he writes, hey, Kitty Wilson has an unemployed husband. Can't he watched the kiddo's family situation sounds sketchy. Let's give her nine billion dollars to oversee. Yay, that's right. The new mayor of Seattle is still on her parents payroll. We had a lot on the way, a bunch of weight in on how much your car insurance is, speaking of affordability and other things to talk about Armstrong and Getty