Speaker 1: Call from Austin.
Speaker 2: Austin, Hey man, what can you make Austin?
Speaker 1: Not much? I'm pretty terrible with my hands.
Speaker 2: Actually, you can make things without your hands. You can make things with your mind. You can make ideas true.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've just been terrible with making things all my life. Like, I don't know, it's I've been more of a person that just watches people make stuff.
Speaker 2: Do you have a desire to make things? Or are you okay sitting by passively observing other people make things?
Speaker 1: I don't care. What's sitting back and watching other people. Uh, it's more of that. I'm just scared to like mess up.
Speaker 2: What's something that you would make if you were not scared to mess it up, if you knew that it would come out perfectly.
Speaker 1: I would build a bridge between Mars and like Earth, Okay, and then I'd put like a slide on it. Okay.
Speaker 2: Would you charge people money to go down the slide?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: But money? Would you charge them to go down the slide?
Speaker 1: I'd charge them like twenty five cents, okay, twenty five cents, About twenty five cents.
Speaker 2: I feel as though the cost of maintenance of a slide between Mars and the earth would be very expensive, and I don't think that you could fund it by only charging twenty five cents to go down the slide.
Speaker 1: See, yeah, I told you I'm not really good at like exact things.
Speaker 2: I think that's okay.
Speaker 1: What would you do if you weren't a gecko.
Speaker 2: But a rat? What did you say?
Speaker 1: Her name was Austin?
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling Austin.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: Never goes on the line. Thank you? Your phone calls every night. Everything goes to any side. I was teaching you a loud Your line is not really an.
Speaker 3: Expert all from Malak.
Speaker 2: Malik? Yeah, how can I help him?
Speaker 4: Alak uh?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wand speaker phe no, but just near the chat okay, you ould uh go ahead? Do my favorite? Don't look at the chat the only chat going on with you and I.
Speaker 5: I'm on.
Speaker 4: I left, I left the room.
Speaker 2: Entirely, Malik. So you don't know.
Speaker 4: How you can help me?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know how I can help you.
Speaker 6: Do you need help?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, even if you did need help, pretend first you needed help. Pretend that you help. Okay, could I even help you? Oh?
Speaker 5: Definitely?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Really, yeah for sure?
Speaker 4: How can I help you? Honestly? Yes, I think I just need somebody to talk to you right now?
Speaker 2: You need someone to talk to about it.
Speaker 4: I'll like you pick this is yours.
Speaker 2: You need someone to talk to? Why do you need someone to talk to? Are you alone?
Speaker 4: No? No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Why do you need someone to talk to?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I feel like I feel like that's the thing I said to answer your question?
Speaker 2: Interesting? Do you why do you feel pressure to answer that question with a concrete answer as opposed to continuing to admit that you don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's oh don't Yeah, I don't have an answer for that. It's a good it's a good question, though.
Speaker 2: That's okay. Do you describe for me if you will. Do you remember the moment, like, do you remember how you felt when you gave me that answer that you needed someone to talk to? Do you remember, like, could you kind of describe it sounded those though you felt some sort of pressure or some sort of stress to provide an answer. Would you would you be willing to go into detail about that pressure of stress that you may have felt.
Speaker 4: Sure, Yeah, I think it was not wanting I think it was looking for a way out.
Speaker 6: I guess of not.
Speaker 4: Having a reason or an answer to your question. It's kind of almost think.
Speaker 2: Gave the the I asked you a question, and the ball was in your court because I'd ask you a question, and that created some tension, right, and that tension made you uncomfortable, and to avoid feeling uncomfortable and believe that tension, you answered with something that wasn't entirely true.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I think it was the unexpected on top of that as well as the as far as the pressure, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: And how do you feel right now?
Speaker 4: Relieved?
Speaker 8: For some reason?
Speaker 4: I feel like just being able to talk about that is like the sense of relief.
Speaker 9: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Okay, So would you say that this helped?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah I did.
Speaker 2: I'm glad to hear that.
Speaker 5: Thanks do, thank you.
Speaker 2: You have Aggress of the night.
Speaker 3: All from Emma.
Speaker 5: Emma, Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Ye?
Speaker 2: What's up dude?
Speaker 3: Nothing, okay, I got you have a speaker phone?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Have we ever spoken before? Emma?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Hold on? Are you talking now or is.
Speaker 2: It just me I'm talking? It's we're both talking, I presume to each other. I'm talking to you. I don't know if you're talking to me, but.
Speaker 3: True, I'm not. I wasn't talking the whole time.
Speaker 2: Do you are you just now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That is true anyway, Sure, I wasn't prepared. What can I make? Almost nothing?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: What can you make? Like a yeah, what can you make? So I don't know. Okay, the only thing that I can make, and it's not that interesting at all. But uh, those little like when you put your straw, like the little paper things I you like, take the little top off your boat, rip it off all nicely and I can fold it up into a little star.
Speaker 2: Ah right, nice.
Speaker 3: Very cute. I impress everybody at the table every time.
Speaker 2: How often do you do? You do that every time that you are presented with the opportunity to every single time?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And does it impress the people around you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I got I feel good when the people around you are impressed with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's like creative and I can use my hands. But you also don't have to talk.
Speaker 2: Are you adverse to talking in general?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Hm?
Speaker 2: Did you call in this now? Now? You called in this evening to my little Gecko talk show while with the knowledge that you are adverse to talking? Did you do so in the hopes of overcoming that aversion by forcing yourself into a situation in which you knew you would have to talk.
Speaker 3: Actually a little bit. Yes, you nailed it.
Speaker 2: I respect that. I respect that. And what sparked this desire to overcome this aversion?
Speaker 3: I don't know. My therapist told me to.
Speaker 2: Your therapist told you to Yeah? What did your therapists tell you? Exactly?
Speaker 3: I mean, just talk to people, be nice, make friends.
Speaker 2: Told you to talk to people, be nice and make friends? And when did they tell you this?
Speaker 3: Every time?
Speaker 2: Do you find yourself often making efforts to talk to people, be nice, and make friends.
Speaker 3: No. I usually let people talk to me first, okay, and then I can do the nice stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay. Do you consider yourself not a nice person?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. I feel like that's really loaded, because anybody can consider themselves.
Speaker 5: But I think so.
Speaker 3: I think I'm nice.
Speaker 2: What about you do you think makes you nice?
Speaker 3: People tell me I'm nice, and I try to be nice whenever I can.
Speaker 2: Who's the last person that told you that you were nice?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I lit no idea. Somebody, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Who in your life do you think has the most positive image of you?
Speaker 6: My dog your dog.
Speaker 2: And why do you think your dog has such a positive image of you?
Speaker 3: Well, because I'm so nice to her.
Speaker 2: What do you do for him?
Speaker 3: Everything? I take her own walks, I brush her even tho while she doesn't like the brushing, of course, but it's got a brush her to you feeder, and I mean, people are mean to their dogs. I'm never mean to her.
Speaker 2: People are mean to their dogs. It's so good that you're not mean.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Are you passionate about anything like even this?
Speaker 2: I think so. I think I'm passionate about things. Are you passionate about anything? No?
Speaker 3: That's why I'm asking.
Speaker 2: Ah, do you want to be passionate about anything?
Speaker 3: I think so because people seem to, like, I don't know, have something to do when they're passionate about something, You know what I mean, do something to do?
Speaker 2: Well, you seem passionate about your doll lug and making sure that it does not die and that you are nice to it. Yeah, that's a passion for sure. Well, there we go. You're passionate about.
Speaker 3: Some so that's what I'll do every single day.
Speaker 2: Do you mean sort of in a career sense of passion.
Speaker 3: Kind of yeah, because you kind of have a career too with being a get go.
Speaker 2: I do Are you in high school college?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, I'm twenty one, never went to college.
Speaker 2: Cool. Well, do you do anything to make money?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I am a door dasher, an instacart person, shopper.
Speaker 2: Nice. Do you have any desires to do anything that is not that? Not? Really?
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, you know, I know that there's all this like, uh, what is it? I know, I'm not gonna say propaganda, that's too hard of a word, but whatever, there's all this maybe pressure to have have a passion, you know, to be this great painter or or or or athlete or or whatever, to be this great passionate person. But listen, you know, if you're chilling like having you know, do you have any friends?
Speaker 3: No? Not really I have my well, like one friend from high school still, but that's it.
Speaker 2: Are you okay with not having any friends?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually, look, if you're chilling hanging out with your dog and door dashing every day, and you like aren't upset about that for any reason other than you feel like you should want more, then you know, just I think you should get rid of that that that that nagging should because it's it's serves you no purpose. Now, if you feel in yourself a genuine desire to expand your life past door dashing and hanging out with your dog, then you should listen to that desire. But if that desire doesn't come from you, and it comes instead of from this, like you know, pressure from society or from other people to do so, then then it's not worth following.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yeah, because people who end up in like dead and careers end up hating their lives.
Speaker 2: Right, but do you hate your life?
Speaker 3: That's a loaded questions. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why is your Why do you think your therapist tells you to go out and talk to people and make friends?
Speaker 3: I guess because that's I don't know, because that people are happy with lens. Maybe she thinks that, like, if I have friends, will be happy.
Speaker 2: You know, well, what kind of efforts have you put into making friends?
Speaker 3: I talked to my baristas friends with them at Starbucks.
Speaker 2: That's cool, it's a start. Do you ever do clubs? Do you ever go to meetups?
Speaker 3: No? No, my vibe?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, well, you went to a therapist for a reason. Don't forced you to do that? Or did you do that?
Speaker 1: I did that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, so there's something there, there's some sort of desire for some sort of effect from that. H What do you think that? What do you think that effect that you desire is from going to therapy?
Speaker 3: I guess just be happy, change my life or something.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll say this, Emma. It sounds as though every day you make some sort of effort, however small, however big, to achieve that. That mean, so keep waking up every day and continuing to make those efforts.
Speaker 5: Right you too, of course, have.
Speaker 2: A good rest of the days.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Call from Wells.
Speaker 2: Hello, what'd you say? Your name was?
Speaker 5: Mom?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: Max?
Speaker 2: Max?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm?
Speaker 2: What do you were?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 2: Born? Max?
Speaker 6: Nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 6: Indeed, indeed.
Speaker 2: My name is Indeed, I'm sorry. I don't know. I don't know why I said that to make fun of you.
Speaker 5: Just now, No worries.
Speaker 2: You didn't deserve that.
Speaker 6: So I'm conflicted, mister ghak.
Speaker 2: Why are you conflicted? Why you conflicted?
Speaker 5: Max?
Speaker 6: I don't regret emotionally, I suppose, Oh, trust me, I have thicker skin than that. No worries, my friend, No worries.
Speaker 2: But in Max, I'm sure cool. He's ginn so thick. I'm suku. You can't say anything that can hurt me.
Speaker 6: Well, I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: Why you conflicted, Max.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm conflicted. I'm conflicted on enough family matter. I suppose you could say, but my grandmother is dying rapidly and in front of my you know face currently, And I guess my confliction right now would be between my own desire to see her live, you know, and to like not be without a person and who's important to me. And I suppose her desire to die really when it comes down to it, because she's in pain and suffering, and you know, her husband died years ago, and.
Speaker 5: It's tough.
Speaker 2: You know, that is tough. That's very tough.
Speaker 6: But I don't know, I don't know where to land on it. You know, like, obviously I want her not to suffer, but at the same time, you know, there's this overriding desire to not be without this person who's been such an tackul part of my life. So of course it's a I guess you could call it cognitive dissonance.
Speaker 2: But interesting, what is your is your mother or is your mom's mom or your dad's mom, my mom's mom, is your is your mother still around?
Speaker 6: She is, she is, and she's been supporting her for a long time. But uh, I mean it's just rapidly taken a downward course recently.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: You know she's had she's an older woman, so she's had you know, mobility issues and whatnot for a while. But you know, about a month ago, no, no, my grandmother. My mom's fully capable, if not, you know, mentally a little you know, everybody's got there, you know, crosses to there, but.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: She was diagnosed with a rare form of my grandmother, with a rare form of bladder cancer about a month ago. So you know, I think ever since her husband died about ten years ago, she's been here, but not it's been slowly disengaging. I suppose you could say, uh, but you know, I think since this diagnosis, she's like, I've never legitimately encountered somebody who's just ready to die, you know what I mean, who just has no interest really in living anymore for the people they love here just for themselves, which I understand. When you're suffering, I get it.
Speaker 2: And what does your so I assume when you say that you're conflicted. Is this is there some sort of like situation in which she is, like, I don't know legally, you know, under your guys's decision as to whether or not to keep her on life support, is.
Speaker 6: That she's not on life support currently at all, but she's just she's she can't. It's not anoperable cancer really at this point, so she's not. It's pretty much in the phase where she can't, you know, there's nothing to be done, so facing that, she's also incredibly obstinate about her own end of life care, so she won't. She won't tell us when she's in pain, even though it's obvious, you know, when we ask her, and she won't. She fights any kind of procedure or anything else. And it's heartbreaking because it's making her own end of life more miserable and we're trying, and that hurts the people around her. But sure, I don't know how to feel about that, because you know, is that is that a pain I should bear without you know, conflict?
Speaker 5: Or should I?
Speaker 6: You know, should I? I? Just I don't know, you know, it's a it's messy.
Speaker 2: Does what does your mom think about all this?
Speaker 6: Well, that's a good question. My mom has been doing this for a long time, so you know, it's gotten worse recently. But I think my mom wants I think my old My mom's overriding concern is that she wants her mother to not suffer anymore, obviously, or to just be happy, and she can't be at this point.
Speaker 5: You know, I think.
Speaker 6: And then obviously there's an underlying concern of her own life. You know, she's dedicated years of it to taking care of her mother, and at this point it's gotten hard and difficult, you know, so I'm sure there's a part of her that would like to be out from under that burden, as is natural for you know, you know, whether that's something to be guilty about or not, you know, that's a human thing to feel.
Speaker 2: So how old is how old is your grandmother? You know?
Speaker 6: I want eighty three?
Speaker 2: Eighty three? Okay, hmm, yeah, definitely definitely difficult, I think, I mean it's hard, but I I sort of, you know, to your mom's perspective of you know, it's it's difficult because you love your grandmother, but like you know, if you want her to be happy and have her own you know, freedom and ability to decide, you know, when she is done living life. You know, I think if you, if you, if you truly love her, I think, you know, even though it's difficult, I think it's important to be respectful of that decision.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and I totally agree. But like when it comes down to, uh, I I understand, and I've totally accepted the fact that you know, she's not going to get a surgery or chemotherapy or anything like.
Speaker 5: That, but.
Speaker 6: She also seems to be just neglecting her own suffering, which is you know, I've I've come to realize that, you know, her time has come. She's not going to get better. You know, she's accepted that, but she also doesn't seem to be willing to negate or not negate, but just alleviate any of her own suffering, you know what I mean. Like that's that's the thing that's really killing me.
Speaker 2: I suppose is just like sure is it that she she doesn't want to take any like pain killers that she's being offered.
Speaker 6: There's no no like when we when we finally you know, get through to her and like are you in you know, be asked her are you in pain? You know she loves and she groans and she.
Speaker 5: You know, and we're like, are you in pain?
Speaker 10: No, no, no, I'm fine.
Speaker 5: I'm fine.
Speaker 6: And then you know, it reaches a breaking point where she can't even stand up, and we're like, okay, you are in pain, like like, what's the issue? You know what I mean? And like and eventually, you know, fucking I don't know if it's an old world want to not be on pain killers or which I understand as well, but like when you're dying, like you know, from my own perspective, I guess I'm having trouble wrapping my head around you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, it's it's sort of in the same boat of like, look, you know again, I can tell that you're a loving grandson that you truly care, but at the end of the day, you know, it's it's her sort of decision to not take painkillers or you know, I mean again, you do what you can to try to get through to her, but you know, if she is you know, doesn't want to acknowledge her own pain or take painkillers or you know, really put up any sort of a fight, you know, again, it's like you're valid in in in feeling upset for her, But at the end of the day, you know, it's it's it's it's it's her decision and really her decision alone.
Speaker 6: Sure, sure, sure, yeah, you know, I guess it's just kind of hard to square because late in life you kind of revert almost to like an infantile state, and she's given up a lot of her powers, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So it's hard.
Speaker 6: You're right, You're totally right, And I guess it's just hard to see her now as somebody with that full cap capacity, you know what I mean to really, but you're right, she's a grown woman, you know, she's not mentally she's all there. So you know, you're I think you're right about that.
Speaker 2: Well look, man, here's what I you know, here's what I'll say is continue to, you know, show her love without you know, any desire to have control, if that makes sense, you know, like, continue to be in her presence, talk to her, you know, do do whatever it is you do to show her love, but but simultaneously let go of any any sort of need or desire to to, uh, you know, make her to control her and her decisions, you.
Speaker 6: Know, even if that's trying to use her suffering. Yeah, you know that's gonna be hard, but I think you know you might bred about that.
Speaker 2: Well. Listen, man, I wish you. I wish you the best of luck. The chat is giving you their their thoughts and their prayers as well. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that I walked away from the from the stream so I wasn't so distracted on our conversation. So I appreciate that people in the chat.
Speaker 2: Of course, Man, thank you so much for sharing.
Speaker 6: Of course, you have a good night deck you as well.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I'm made funny. Your voice.
Speaker 5: All from Dante.
Speaker 2: Dante.
Speaker 5: Hello, mister Greg?
Speaker 2: What does what does that even mean? Hello?
Speaker 5: That's a that's a deep question.
Speaker 2: It's just something.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you think.
Speaker 2: Who cares what I think? I do you really? Do you really care?
Speaker 5: I do care? Do you assume that I don't?
Speaker 2: Do you care about me?
Speaker 5: I'd like to think so.
Speaker 2: That's so sweet?
Speaker 5: I try.
Speaker 2: You know, you're really sweet guy.
Speaker 5: I've been told that. I don't know, that feels kind of calm. That feels kind of weird to say out loud, But you know people have told me that I'm kind.
Speaker 2: I never said you were kind, I said you were sweet?
Speaker 5: Well fair enough, m hm m hmm.
Speaker 2: Who's told you that you're sweet?
Speaker 5: Boy? My girlfriends told me I'm sweet. They did, yeah, and possibly one point there, and they may not have used the maybe verbatim phrase, but I feel like the intention was there.
Speaker 2: Really what what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: What? What do they do to signal to you that they thought that you were sweet?
Speaker 5: I don't know, maybe a little maybe a little sweet kissy from every now and then. Maybe you like a nice Yeah, everybody likes a kiss. Do you like kisses? Are you a fan of kiss being kissed? Yeah? I feel like we all like being kissed.
Speaker 2: I don't think everyone likes being kissed. I think some people, I would there are I mean, of all the billions of people out there, I assume that some of them do not like being kissed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's sure. Maybe maybe some.
Speaker 2: Last person who's the last person that kissed you?
Speaker 5: Well, I feel like, uh, my girlfriend is the right answer. There may have been there may have been a There may have been a mysterious stranger that swooped by in the night and kissed me while I was unaware. But other than that, I completely no idea.
Speaker 2: Do you genuinely believe that or are you just saying that to be funny.
Speaker 5: Well, a little bit of both. You know, I don't want to leave. I feel like it's the probability is never zero.
Speaker 2: Do you genuinely believe that there is a chance that a stranger came into your house and kissed you?
Speaker 5: I feel like the possibility of some strange mass kissing bandit is not completely not of the roma possibility.
Speaker 2: Are you being serious?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Do I sound serious?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Ah? Well you got me. You caught me bright handed, mister ghek.
Speaker 2: How'd you meet your girlfriend in school?
Speaker 5: Actually?
Speaker 2: Cool? Well?
Speaker 5: Class in film class?
Speaker 2: Oh? Your film student?
Speaker 5: Yes? Oh okay, not currently, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Trying, not currently, but you're trying. What does that mean?
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to get in to the film school.
Speaker 2: Uh with with with college.
Speaker 5: A little a little college in the Atlanta area.
Speaker 2: I don't want to spec I went to film school.
Speaker 5: Oh that's cool. How was it? How was it for you?
Speaker 2: You know? It is fine, It's fine. I probably I don't know. I mean, what do you what do you wanna? What do you do? You want to make films?
Speaker 5: Well, technically I'm going for film technology. But I mean, you know, I feel like eventually I could end up making films.
Speaker 2: Are you a good kisser?
Speaker 5: You know what? I don't know? Girlfriend? Do you think I'm a good kisser?
Speaker 7: I feel like the writing answer is yes.
Speaker 5: All right, well, yes, yes it's the answer.
Speaker 2: Can I talk to your girlfriend real quick?
Speaker 5: Oh? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Hello? Gak?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 1: Summer?
Speaker 2: Summer? What was the first thing that your boyfriend said to you? Do you remember?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 12: Let's see, do you remember?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not?
Speaker 12: I have no clue. There's probably something dumb.
Speaker 2: And you consider him a good kisser?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Does does he have a particular method in which he kisses like a A?
Speaker 5: Do you think I'm like tongue heavy or something?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 12: I think it's all tongue.
Speaker 5: Oh really okay, Wow that's deep, really out in your here?
Speaker 2: Do you think he's sweet?
Speaker 12: I do think he is a sweet boy.
Speaker 2: Do you think that? How many people do you think have to say something about someone for it to be true?
Speaker 12: I want to stay at least two, because I mean, if one person thinks it's then's just that one person. But if two people think.
Speaker 7: It it's pretty valid.
Speaker 2: Only two?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Only two?
Speaker 9: Three?
Speaker 3: Is three?
Speaker 12: Is a general consensus.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for.
Speaker 7: Calling, of course, thank you so much.
Speaker 12: Have a good night, me too, goodbye.
Speaker 2: That was weird. Hey, folks, it's Lyle here with an extremely brief message, just letting you know that if you are interested in supporting the stream and making it easier for me to do more therapy Gecko stuff in the future, you can head on over to patreon dot com slash Lyle forever and for only five dollars you can make it a heck of a lot easier for me to put this whole shebang together. That is Patreon dot com slash Lyle forever. You also get access to exclusive streams, exclusive GAK content. You also get access to the exclusive gek Legends discord Patreon dot com slash Lyle forever. All right, back to the calls. Oah, hello, Lyle, what's up dude?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: I am here? How are you?
Speaker 7: You know? I'm not too bad, I'm over here. It's nice.
Speaker 2: What is your name?
Speaker 6: Cat?
Speaker 2: Cat have spoken.
Speaker 7: Before, we have spoken before a while.
Speaker 2: Mh, Well, it's nice to hear your It's nice to hear it from you again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've missed you. It's been like a year. Almost.
Speaker 2: Wait, really, when was the last time we talked?
Speaker 7: It was like, I want to say, winter of last year? No ship, Yeah, it's been a long time. And you know winter of last year.
Speaker 2: She winter of last year. This was you're a you're a long time gek gek. Well do you remember what we talked about?
Speaker 7: Kay? I, I don't remember what we talked about.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 7: That's okay. That was so long ago that that was I remember we talked about I was I remember we talked a little bit about that.
Speaker 2: You were waitressing. Are you still waitressing?
Speaker 7: I am still waitressing?
Speaker 2: And are you enjoying your waitressing?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean, we've got a tyrant in the business right now. He's got a new manager. But we will go on, you know what I mean, The show will go on.
Speaker 2: And why are they a tyrant?
Speaker 7: She just doesn't have people skills, you know what I mean? Some people just don't know how to talk to people.
Speaker 2: How would you suggest that these people who don't know how to talk to people get better at talking to people?
Speaker 7: Maybe like watch some like just general comedy, you know what I mean, watch like I don't know the basics of like sitcom comedy to like be able to pick up social cues. Maybe I don't know all that seems like an interesting way.
Speaker 1: To learn it.
Speaker 2: You believe that sitcoms are I have the power to teach people social cues?
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, man.
Speaker 2: Is there a sitcom in particular that you think is a is a particularly good model of social cues?
Speaker 7: You know what I was thinking when I was saying this the first time, I was thinking about Seinfeld.
Speaker 11: But I don't even know.
Speaker 7: Like I didn't like Seinfeld growing up, but I'm more of a dry comedy gown now in my older days, you know what I mean. But yeah, I think Seinfeld would be a good one, you know what I mean, just to pick up just because they laugh when it's supposed to be like when you're supposed to feel something. So I'm like trigger something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, do you feel where? So? I assume that you consider yourself to have good people skills, good social good, good understanding of social cues.
Speaker 7: I like to think that I make I make a good environ meant for people to be in wherever I go.
Speaker 2: Where do you believe that you learn the skill from?
Speaker 7: You know where I was a daycare kid, Man, I feel like it was because I had a forced environment of multiple children I didn't know around me all the time growing up, you know what I mean. It was birthed to twelve while single mom life, new kids in their daycare every every week, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Just kidding, I don't know everything when you were a child.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, when I was a child, Yeah, daycare definitely. And I moved around a lot as a kid, you know what I mean. I went to I think it was four different schools before I graduated high school. Now, that may not seem like a lot, but like some people go through their whole bottom the top and one administration. Not me. How to make new friends, you know what I mean? Everywhere you go, you gotta be able to make it, break it, make your break it out here.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I like to think my people's skills are all right. I think your people's skills are pretty good. Having this little stand up stick you got going on there, thank.
Speaker 2: You, thank you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, of course I appreciate, of course, yeah, of course.
Speaker 6: Love.
Speaker 2: So I mean, listen, Katuh, you know we haven't talked in in in apparently h quite a while. Has anything happened? Uh? You know this year that that's you care to share any sort of updates.
Speaker 7: Hmmm, updates on my life. Well, you know, I saved a lot of money this year. I was so scared that I was going to lose my job waitressing from the pandemic, that I like hoarded money and I was so scared to spend it anywhere.
Speaker 8: And I think.
Speaker 7: I'm going to get a new car with it. I think I'm gonna be able to buy a whole car with all the money.
Speaker 2: I said, how much money did you save?
Speaker 7: I saved? Maybe, Like, what is it? I got a nine grand in the bank and then four grand in cash in my safe. So no, I probably have like five grand in cash. So it's like, that's not so bad. Fourteen grand not for a waitress while in the middle pandemic.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, interesting what happened?
Speaker 7: What kind of car? I think I'm gonna buy a Jeep Cherokee s J from the eighties and like souping up a little bit.
Speaker 2: A jeep Cherokee.
Speaker 7: Yeah, an old one from the eighties.
Speaker 2: Should take You know what you should do? You should you? You know what you should do? Kat, I think this would be a good side hustle for you. You know what you should teach people's social skills. You know you should. You should do some sort of like have some set of program where you drive people around in your jeep and you introduce them to all the friends that you have around town and you the how to be sociable.
Speaker 7: Well, you know what's funny is that I I agree like meeting people like if it's if it's a fourth scenario, like if we have to be around each other, there's no question I'm gonna like talk to you and get to know you. But if it's like me at like a social gap, well no, like a social gathering makes sense. But if it's like me in a public scenario like I'm at a bar or I'm a well, no, like at a party, it's easier. But really I don't know why. It's just like being in a bar environment puts me off. I don't feel like I can put myself out there as much, you know what I mean? Just make me nervous. So I don't know how many you know what me behind the wheel of a deep cruising around teaching people's social skills. So I think I could make that work, though, buddy, I should.
Speaker 2: I think you should do that.
Speaker 11: Offer a that's pretty funny though.
Speaker 7: Paid experience, Oh offer a paid experience.
Speaker 8: Social skills too, welcome.
Speaker 7: Skills with CAT you also, namely with your learners permit.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I can pull up a sign. I could literally be Jerry Seinfeldt behind the wheel of a car driving people around. Tie cat.
Speaker 2: Before we go. What can you make?
Speaker 7: Yeah? What can I make? You know? I'm pretty good at like freehanding, like craft goods, like working with like fifty to fifty a POxy resin, like POxy and hardnom like making little key chains and stuff like that. I make them for my friends a lot, just like I don't make them to sell them, right, but I just make them for me. I like to think I'm pretty good at making nose little POxy resin key chains for my Bessie.
Speaker 2: Do you sell them? Do you go on? That'sy and no? Like ways to make you get that A lot nice car.
Speaker 7: A lot of people are like, oh, you said something, but it's just like, oh, that's so much fucking Oh, I'm sorry, it's so much work.
Speaker 2: You know, CAT, you've been watching CAT. You've you've been watching the stream for a year. I don't know if you've been actively watching, but you can say whatever you want on it, well within.
Speaker 7: Reason, Yeah, but that you know how much work that is so to like, I don't care about the investment of like money or time, right, I don't care about that. But it's the fact that, like I've got to have a blowtorch and a heat gun in my hand. That's the part that's the hard part about it. So much that is a lot of work because if you don't get those their bubbles out, you're screwed.
Speaker 5: While I would rather just do it for fun.
Speaker 2: Let me get your opinion on something, because I do this a lot. Like if I'm talking to someone new, I'll like, I'll call them by their name a lot, Like you've been doing that to me, and I like that, you know, I like being a I think it's uh, Like it's fine because I do the same thing. I'll be like, I'll call you Kat. It's like, oh my god, Cat, let me tell you like that shit. But I've heard some people say, Chad, what's your opinion. I've heard some people say that they don't like that. They like, like, like, if you're like on a date with someone, like you shouldn't like call it like they feel condescended when you call them by their name. But I like that. I use that a lot. Do people like that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 11: I like it?
Speaker 7: What's ya think? I think it's good. I think it shows that you're, like truly thinking about that person, you know what I mean. You're directing it and you're channeling it at them, and you want them to know you have your focus. Chad hates it. Bro they hate it.
Speaker 2: No, Chad's actually pretty kind of fifty to fifty on it.
Speaker 7: I like it. I do make me feel like I'm there, Like you're there with me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it shays that shows that you're listening. But I understand why people think it's condescending, but I I personally don't. I think some pople said it's not it's gonna be over, but Chad is actually pretty happening. Jail p. Let's do it. Let's do a let's do a poll. Let's do a poll.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what do the people think?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: For me, I like that. I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it too. I feel like I've been acknowledged. But I get a lot of people don't like it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, well I know, uh, I know our time here is going to wrap up soon. I just thought I have to say I missed the last get date because I was hard at work running a restaurant.
Speaker 2: Do you want to be on the next get date?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I want to be on the next get date.
Speaker 2: Okay, beautiful. Do you follow if you I don't know if you follow me on Instagram, But that's where I'll be like posting about the Oh look, we have the poll going in. Let's see what the polls. Let's see what the poll says. Well, multiple people.
Speaker 7: Say, uh, do you like being referred to?
Speaker 11: I do?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: Is in the way, I don't even a sharp lead?
Speaker 2: If you want to be on on GEK date? Uh, you know, be on the lookout for when I put up that the application and then make a video send it in.
Speaker 7: I'm going to send that to dealing. I didn't send one in last time because I knew what time you were going to do it, and I was like, oh, blood, I work.
Speaker 5: That's no good.
Speaker 2: The next GEK date will likely be the last Friday of September.
Speaker 7: Last Friday of September. Let's see what I got going on here. I'm excited. Last Friday September. It's the twenty fourth. Oh, deck. You're killing me. I got a back for our party. How funny would that be? Me and the gals get date?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe maybe someone will have a bachelor party. I can hope you I can hook you all up.
Speaker 7: Group date, group get date.
Speaker 2: Cat. A pleasure hearing from you. Glad to see you're you're still you're still uh here after after all these many months, and it's been an honor.
Speaker 7: Hopefully thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: It has.
Speaker 7: It has been like wives and honor every time both times I've been on, it's just been a rowdy time. You keep doing you guys.
Speaker 1: Bye gay.
Speaker 2: All from Oscar, Oscar, Hello Oscar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't I don't know, man, I don't know either.
Speaker 2: Well that's what we are. We're two guys that don't know. How does that make it?
Speaker 8: Not seeing?
Speaker 2: How good? M What can you make?
Speaker 8: I can make? I can make a soundch you know, to make a sandwich? Yeah, a good soundch Okay?
Speaker 2: What kind of what kind of sandwich? We're talking abouts? On the sandwich?
Speaker 8: Like so dolphie cheese, both ham and and Mayo.
Speaker 2: Why are people saying that they're hearing a smoke detector going on? I can't hear that at all. Oh, now I hear it, Oscar. Yeah, change the batteries in your smoke detector.
Speaker 5: That's not me.
Speaker 2: It's not me.
Speaker 10: That's not me too.
Speaker 2: What the fuck's going on?
Speaker 5: Oscar?
Speaker 8: I don't know. People's confused right now? Hear anything?
Speaker 5: You are you?
Speaker 8: You got a fire in your room?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I don't have a fire in my Why do you think I have a fire in my room right now? Why would I Why would I still be here if I had a fire in my room?
Speaker 8: Cooking marshmallows, you know, singing boy like marshmallow started firing.
Speaker 2: I'm pissed why. I don't know. I don't like having to mess with the audio. I have too many things. There's too many things going on. There's so many stimulus, so much stimulus being thrown at me right now, Oscar.
Speaker 10: This is then?
Speaker 8: The audio is pretty okay, Oscar, Yeah, okay?
Speaker 2: What do you What do you put on the sandwich?
Speaker 8: Like the cheese you ever had, like the Dolpha cheese?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the cheese whiz? All right? That I heard it again?
Speaker 8: Mm hmm. I got another sandwich, like a bacon sandwich, but with pork, like like a slice of pork on it with bacon, and that's it.
Speaker 2: I call it, like, is there perhaps a basketball player. I'm a basketball player in your house who's practicing on an indoor court.
Speaker 8: Oh no, man, why you hear something?
Speaker 2: What else do you put on the sandwich?
Speaker 8: Bacon, pork, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, or like a spin and maybe put random things on a sandwich. I don't know. I want to get bored. When you ever get bored, you just put random things in the sandwich or make like random at food.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I used to get bored and melt cheese onto fruit snacks. So I've taken Mozella cheese and sprinkled it on a plate of Scooby diffruit snacks and put that in the microwave.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 10: Ever they're like, hm hmm, sounds cheese of Scooby Doos fruit snacks.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what I said. I've also done it on a pop tart before peg put them on a pop tart.
Speaker 8: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: I like spicy food.
Speaker 8: Let me try like spicy food.
Speaker 2: But go fix your smoke detectors.
Speaker 8: Not my selking sector man, m as far as like my lazy chair, I'm moving my I'm moving on my lazy chair right now.
Speaker 2: You're in a chair.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a lazy chair, like one of the Yeah, lazy chair.
Speaker 2: What's a lazy chair.
Speaker 8: It's like a chair. There's a lazy boy, but we call it here lazy chair. It's not my smoke detector, man, what is it?
Speaker 5: It's my lazy chair.
Speaker 8: It's kind of sneaky, like you or here.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, so it's you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's me.
Speaker 2: I am so you're hold on So so you're in control of this noise?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can you do it five times repeatedly?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm mm hmmm, mm hmmm mm hmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: That's a different sound.
Speaker 8: That's not me, that's something else.
Speaker 5: Sure's not you.
Speaker 8: No, they might be hearing things. Then.
Speaker 2: I love you, Oscar.
Speaker 8: I don't know how to take that.
Speaker 2: Have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 8: Thanks you too, Paul.
Speaker 6: From Paul.
Speaker 4: Paul, Hello, gat O.
Speaker 5: Yes, what is going on? Man?
Speaker 2: You know I I'm in a room, I'm sitting in a chair. I'm broadcasting myself on the internet, which is a fairly new idea in the span of human history. Broadcasting I mean, actually, I mean, I mean, I guess broadcasting is also a fairly new idea depending on you know what, what what timeline you're comparing it to.
Speaker 9: Yeah, relatively speaking.
Speaker 2: I suppose, like right, I suppose writing and publishing has been around for a while, and that was sort of how people broadcasting themselves. But the idea of like real time broadcasting.
Speaker 9: Probably like forty years or so, yeah, something.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know when did radio? When when was radio invented?
Speaker 9: That was probably like radio, Yeah that's what I mean, like the twenties. Okay, I'm not sure. I don't have Google on me, all right, so this is I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I'm engaging in the medium that is still fairly new. It's it's like one hundred or so years old, so I'm still we're still working out the kinks.
Speaker 9: Of it, right, right, You having difficulties tonight.
Speaker 2: You know, I think I think it's going okay, I think you know, it's interesting because to broadcast nowadays, all you need is a computer and or a phone, whereas you know, one hundred years ago you needed a whole you satellites and a whole like radio studio. It was it was much less accessible than it is today.
Speaker 9: Right, But even then, like even if you had the satellites or whatnot. You had to have like a big name to gain some ground or some attention, where with the Internet you can paint your face green, dressed up like a get go and reach people from all around the world.
Speaker 2: It's true. It's true. We're broadcasting in fifty different countries this evening.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's insane, dude, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know how many countries. I mean every country. I mean theoretically every country that has access to right you know, as I am broadcasting too currently.
Speaker 9: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 8: Does it.
Speaker 9: Do you have a way to, like see how many people you got at any given point that you're broadcasting.
Speaker 5: Does it tell you like you got? I'm sorry, what can you make?
Speaker 9: Paul, Oh, I recently started making pancakes.
Speaker 2: Recently started making pancakes.
Speaker 5: Paul, tell me, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: What inspired you to start making pancakes?
Speaker 9: You know, I like breakfast food, but I never like wake up early enough to have breakfast in the morning. So I went to grocery shopping. I was like, this weekend, h I'm just I'm gonna I'm gonna treat myself. I don't care what I'm gonna eat. Breakfast, but I'm just I'm gonna eat breakfast, you know. And so I got some eggs and some bacon, and then uh, I went ahead and just got the pancakes too, and put some strawberries on top. It was pretty pretty damn good.
Speaker 2: M hm. Okay, you started making pancakes. Did you share the pancakes with anyone? Did you eat them all yourself?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: I ate them all by myself.
Speaker 9: I haven't haven't gotten to uh to share my cooking with anybody here here recently. I need to share them because I mean, sharing is like sharing scaring.
Speaker 2: Are you looking perhaps for a lover to share the pancakes with?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: Well, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but uh, I mean my last relationship kind of ended pretty rough, so I'm not in any Why is that well that that there's multiple layers? I would have to say that neither one of us were necessarily ready for the relationship, but we were forcing it to work, and I just, you know, we just started clashing too much. She moved in pretty pretty early, and then just it just wasn't the right time.
Speaker 2: Paul, Why weren't you ready for a relationship?
Speaker 5: Damn dude, Uh, you know, like.
Speaker 9: Maybe I don't know how to, uh to give my myself away. You know, I'm I'm pretty stubborn, and uh it's it's hard for me. It's not necessarily hard for me to give, but I guess receive. You know, I'm afraid that somebody is just going to like drop me at like the next turn, you.
Speaker 2: Know, m afraid of opening up your heart.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm just I'm just afraid of getting hurt.
Speaker 2: It's a reasonable fear. Have you been hurt before?
Speaker 10: I would say so once or twice, But I mean that's just life.
Speaker 5: You know, you roll with the punches.
Speaker 2: Have you found in the previous two times that you have gotten hurt that the overall experience of the passion, the romance, the love, the lust, was it worth it the pain.
Speaker 7: In the end.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean like yes, but I could broaden that up to not just relationships. But I mean, like, I try not to live with regrets because at the end of the day, I am pretty proud of who I have become, no matter what kind of circumstance that I've put myself through or experience. So I mean, you got to take all the bad to make some good. I mean, like without the bad, like.
Speaker 5: What is good?
Speaker 2: Well said? Thank you for Shampaul, Thank you Gego have a good night you as well.
Speaker 5: All from Stay Till the Credits podcast? Okay till the Credits podcast?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: What podcasts are my own doing?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 11: I didn't think I was gonna make it on the call.
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 11: Oh well, you're not on the podcast now, but I'm part of a podcast called Stay Till the Credits. We just talked about movies. I'm not here to promote myself, but like I just I'm representing the podcast.
Speaker 2: You are a little bit here to promote yourself. That's fine.
Speaker 11: Yeah, sorry, No, I didn't mean to do it. I didn't think I I tried to call me with my name, but but I just kept I have to keep calling. So sorry, more a little nervous.
Speaker 2: You know, here's the thing. Here's the thing is the way that you're explaining that, Like the actual words that you're using to explain this don't make sense. But the but hold on, hold on. But the energy that I'm sensing from you, the vibe that you've out make it what you are explaining makes perfect sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Sorry, I was just a little nervous.
Speaker 2: I don't think I was going to get on the call again. I don't understand the words. But the energy, the apologetic energy, uh, that you're presenting makes sense, but the words do not. That does that make sense?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I guess.
Speaker 11: So, I mean, do I have to answer the question of what can you make or not?
Speaker 2: I don't have to do anything? What do you mean have to do you mean have to?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Well, do you really mean when they say have to, Because if you explore that deeply enough, you don't have You genuinely don't ever have to do anything. The only reason you would ever have to do something is if you are trying to achieve some sort of end.
Speaker 11: Wow, that's super deep.
Speaker 2: I guess I mean, like, like, all right, like I have to eat food? Why to continue to live? What if I don't want to continue living? I could just stop eating food. I'm achieving an end here, So like, do you have to answer the question? I assume you mean like for the end of like properly participating in the stream whatever that means. But I don't think that's true. I think that we can just exist on the phone. Neither of us even have to be talking. I don't think I would be perfectly comfortable sitting in silence with you for as long as you would.
Speaker 4: Like me too.
Speaker 11: I'm watching you like talk to me, but obviously I put you on mute on the stream so I can listen to you on the phone. But yes, like I totally agree with you. I just I asked you if I had to answer because that's like the topic of the date, or that's what you said. It is actually my first time watching your stream.
Speaker 2: Oh wonderful. How did you find it?
Speaker 11: I've seen you a lot of times on TikTok and I always thought it would be interesting to give you a call, and so you since it's like a therapy get goal, I wanted to try.
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 5: So you have.
Speaker 2: Played before in your mind maybe formed a schema.
Speaker 7: Or like.
Speaker 2: You've thought you've imagined yourself calling into the stream before, you have had a thought of what it might be like. Is that correct? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's been a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I followed you on TikTok beautiful.
Speaker 2: And when you imagined calling into the stream, how did you imagine that might look?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean I just thought you could give me like a little advice. Sure, well it's a well, it's like a kind of a little like a little confession, so I wanted to see what your advice would be. But uh, it's about basically, I'm in I'm a senior in college right now, and I'm studying civil engineering, and a little confession is.
Speaker 13: That I kind of haven't learned a lot or probably nothing, sure, and I'm about to graduate, so I'm like terrified of how life is going to be after regulation.
Speaker 11: I graduated this December, so I really.
Speaker 5: Don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, don't freak out. You are far from the very first person to graduate college not knowing anything. People have done it before and and gone on to live happy and successful lives. So so so don't don't freak outs. Don't freak outs. Okay, so you didn't learn anything. Why do you think you didn't learn anything?
Speaker 11: Well, one reason is that I have terrible memory, sure, And then another reason was probably that I'm just genuinely really bad at studying and it's just it just school is like always been like difficult for me, and like probably civil engineering was not the easiest or the best choice for me to get. But my my, one of my teachers in high school once told me that engineering is always going to be around them and everything. He kind of inspired me to go that way. But right now it's just I'm like a little scared, like what's going to happen? She is you know, like I said, said, I haven't learned much, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, are you good?
Speaker 2: Well are you? You said that you're not good at studying, which is okay. Are you? Are you good at anything?
Speaker 5: Do you do?
Speaker 2: You do you? Is there anything that you consider yourself good at anything? It could be playing Fortnite, but anything good at it?
Speaker 11: I'd say I'm I mean not it's not a skill, but I'd say I'm really good at caring for the people that are important in my life. I mean this is a little more personal. But a couple of days ago, I had like a really serious talk with my parents because they were in a fight and like I kind of got them together and like to like kind of like apologize to each other. Yeah, and also with like all my friends, like I always like to help them out with anything they want or anything they need. That's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, it's no. So you're a good mediator, You're you're good with people. Yeah, I try agree, And it's I mean, I don't know much about civil engineering, but it sounds like you'll be working more with UH, with machines than with people.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 11: I like to describe civil engineering like UH an advance and more advanced form of architecture, like that you design something and then you're like the architecture. The architecture can design anything they want, but the civil engineer will be the one that actually makes it work.
Speaker 5: Do you get me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you do you have a a okay, so, so, judging off the way that you just described that, I'm kind of curious. Do you have a genuine interest in this thing?
Speaker 11: Hm hmm, Well yes, because uh, well, like I like I told you about my teacher, my high school teacher before engineering, Like it's always been interesting to me. But I don't know, maybe I just chose the wrong engineering field. I'm not sure, because like there's a lot of different types of them, but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: There are a type of and again, you know, I don't know a whole lot about engineering and the different fields, But is there a type of engineering that you think you might be better at, especially considering that you have a strong suit for a dealing with people?
Speaker 11: M h honestly, I don't know. I mean, if I'm being honest, what I really actually wanted to study, Like engineering guests is awesome, but what I really wanted to study was, uh, filmmaking. It's like completely different. And that's why I have my podcast with my best friend, like the one I said, I'm not going to promote it again, but but yeah, we always talk about movies, my best friend and I. That's like our favorite thing ever, and we just decided to talk about that. And like in one of our episodes, I talked about that that, like we're always talking about filmmaking and we both love it. And like for me, for example, like I want I don't want to be like an actor, Like I want to make movies.
Speaker 5: Like be a director.
Speaker 2: You ever made a movie before?
Speaker 11: No, but I have a script I have a script for I haven't finished it, but yes, I have a script for a movie that but I kind of like gave up on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is there anything stopping you from making a movie? Doesn't need a billion dollars, you know, if you got your cell phone, you can make a movie.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but yeah, I mean it's pretty much it's like money. Like obviously I know if I made that movie like it wouldn't be like an instant hit.
Speaker 5: But I just thought that.
Speaker 11: I thought of a story that interested me, and I just started writing it, but I never finished it.
Speaker 2: Well, here's one thing that you should know, because I know you feel you're probably very scared, because you know, you feel as though you've dedicated a lot of time so this engineering thing and then going oh shit, this actually is not what I want to do. And that's okay. You're what twenty two?
Speaker 5: Why you almost got it?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm going to be twenty two and on Halloween.
Speaker 2: Halloween's my birth twenty one. You're twenty one years old. What I am afraid of for you? So I don't want you to think that, Oh man, I spent all this time and now I'm graduating at twenty one and I'm fucked. You're You're absolutely not fucked. You know, you're actually in a really, really good spot. I think you should, but I don't know. I just I want you to have a good perspective on things because you're actually in an interesting spot. I don't know how much are you how much debt are you in? You in debt?
Speaker 11: I wouldn't say I'm in debt. I'm actually school that my financial leg kind of helps me out a little bit. So no, and I'm not really in debt.
Speaker 2: I mean I need money, but you're not in debt.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not in debt.
Speaker 11: I just I work out my school.
Speaker 2: Actually, but it's like minimum wage doesn't Matt. Sorry, So you're twenty one and you have no debt. Kind of that's beautiful. See, I don't want you to think you're fucked. I actually want you to take a different perspective. I want you to be like, oh shit, I'm twenty one and I have no debt. I might not have any money, but I have no debt, and I kind of don't have any responsibility to anyone or anything at this point. There's something freeing about that, you know. I don't. I don't want you to be paralyzed by this idea that you've you've you've chosen some college major and that that has to define you know, your entire life or anything. You know, Yeah, get sucked up by that. I don't want you to get sucked up by that.
Speaker 5: Thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: For sure. You said you found me on TikTok.
Speaker 11: Right, Yeah, I think I follow you on Instagram. I don't remember if I did, but.
Speaker 2: For sure on TikTok, do you ever make make TikTok?
Speaker 5: Actually, yeah, like we.
Speaker 11: Have a well I started, uh that TikTok for our podcast page, and we just I've done like some movie news and some like uh like little sketches like dealing with movies and stuff.
Speaker 2: Perfect. Keep doing that because you know, TikTok is the number one way to build an audience online, and building an audience online is the number one way to you know, make things and make money in the year of twenty twenty one. So keep doing that, and.
Speaker 11: Yeah, harder ta bail an audience a little bit.
Speaker 2: Keep trying, try different things. If you've posted like one hundred tiktoks in this one format, it's not working.
Speaker 7: Try to us.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm like, for sure, like this podcasting that we're doing, like it's it's kind of a hobby at that point, but me and my best friend, like we're really passionate about it, like we actually were trying getting our word out there.
Speaker 2: Keep trying. I like that idea. Look, here's the thing about TikTok, So you continue to try new things. Eventually the way is the way it works, eventually something will pop off if you continue to try new things. I will guarantee that for you. Yeah, but uh, don't don't. Don't be afraid that you're graduating from college, uh not knowing anything about civil engineering, because your entire life does not have to be defined negatively by the fact that you don't know anything about civil engineering, because there's lots and lots of you know, happy successful people out there who also do not know anything about civil engineering.
Speaker 5: Of course.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I feel you, thank you. I see people, Oh sorry, my name is one.
Speaker 2: What were you gonna say?
Speaker 11: I was just gonna say. I see people on the ted saying that I've been going on for too long, so I don't want to keep you for too long anymore.
Speaker 2: Don't listen to them. Sorry, no worries have aggressed that I am.
Speaker 11: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: On the line, but he's not really an expert.