Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Multiple sources told The Athletic that former Jaguars coach Urban Meyer was unfamiliar with star players around the NFL, including Deebo Samuel, Jamal Adams, Aaron Donald. Who's this ninety nine guy on the Rams? I'm hearing you might be a problem for us, all right?
Speaker 3: You want my honest reaction to that? And I am not here to defend urban Meyer.
Speaker 4: He was a disaster with the Jags.
Speaker 3: It seems like he treated people terribly. It is impossible for me to.
Speaker 4: Believe though he didn't know who Aaron Donald was.
Speaker 3: I think that is an accurate quote, and he was saying it like this, like sarcastically, We're like, oh, so it was ninety nine on the RAMS. Guy could be a problem for us, and his colleagues and fellow coaches hated him so much that they're leaking this as like, oh, I'm not misquoting you, buddy. Now, it might be a bigger indictment that he was that disliked.
Speaker 4: But I do not believe.
Speaker 3: That urban Meyer was unaware of who Aaron Donald.
Speaker 4: Was when he coached.
Speaker 3: He was coaching in college football, where Aaron Donald's wrecking people at PITT, I don't believe that to be true. I think it's misleading. I'm not going at fake news, but I think it's misleading. Welcome in What's Right with Nick Wright podcast YouTube show episode number three.
Speaker 4: First week.
Speaker 3: I think couldn't have gone any better if you're new to the show. My family's involved, there's a clock involved, there's a team of producers that when they're not sending out complimentary tweets about other podcasts, they're actively working against me. But before we even get to any of the show, before I introduce our my co host, who's also my son, Demanse, first let's get to what we are not discussing today. What is not on the show today is Chet Holmgren. Oh, but there are gonna be some Chet Holmgren takes coming up around NBA Draft time.
Speaker 4: Robert Woods, who has changed teams on the show, and Coach k who survived Michigan State also not on the show. But we will get to the tournament.
Speaker 3: But now I turn about forty degrees to my rights to you demanse my Son Demonse. If you're new to the audience, there you go. That's the only introduction they need. What are we starting with today? So DeShawn Watson was traded to Cleveland. Yeah, most guaranteed money in NFL history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that they did their homework. But the lawyer representing the twenty two accusers say that they never spoke. Yep, how can anybody root for this team?
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're gonna start the show off in a heavy place because it is the biggest news in the sports world over the last few days. And let me directly answer the question. People will be able to root for the Browns because people compartmentalize. And by the way, I'm not gonna judge them for that. I there's you know, there is the whole idea of separate the art from the artist. People have been doing that in music and in movies for a very long time. Like you're allowed to, you know, think Rosemary's Baby is one of the greatest movies ever made, even if you feel like the Roman Polanski was a really bad guy.
Speaker 4: People are allowed to, you.
Speaker 3: Know, love Thriller even if they have major questions about things Michael Jackson did or didn't do. And hey, I root for the Kansaity Chiefs, and we know Tyreek Kill years ago in college did some pretty awful things, and there are some pretty damning allegations about things he did much more recently. So I'm not judging Brown's fans, and I think we compartmentalize. I think if you don't compartmentalize, it's very hard to be a sports fan. With that said, I feel disgusting about how this whole thing played out. So I understand that Deshaun Watson was not indicted by the grand jury. I also understand this if you read the lawsuits, if you follow this story even more damning than any of the lawsuits, if you read the Sports Illustrated article from an accuser who is not included in the lawsuits, so not suing DeShawn, not after any no financial windfall, no benefit seemingly whatsoever. And her story lines up with the nearly two dozen other women who have made allegations against Deshaan. It is for me personally impossible for me to believe that Deshaun Watson is being framed, that it is a multi person, multi state conspiracy.
Speaker 4: I believe Deshaun.
Speaker 3: Watson did a lot of if not all of he's alleged to have done. So I'm gonna stay on the front end so that in and of itself makes you feel really gross about this whole situation.
Speaker 4: I let's say something else.
Speaker 3: I think Deshaun Watson benefited from the fact that his specific allegations are so uncomfortable to discuss. You can't really talk about them in polite company. I, for the better part of a year, did not find a way to talk about them on television. I think he would this it would not have ended up going so well for him as it did. We'll get to how well it went for him in just a moment. If he had been accused of hitting twenty two women, because you can talk about that on TV, but because his allegations are so oh purient and weird, and.
Speaker 4: It's just hard to do on television.
Speaker 3: I think that the Browns knew they were gonna skate on at least some of the media coverage, so I think all of that played into it right. But one of the reasons I feel so weird about this whole thing is because he ended up a huge winner, the most guaranteed money in NFL history, and the Browns went out of their way to make sure if he suspended this year, his salary's only one million bucks, so the money he would lose on the suspension is minimal.
Speaker 4: He'll get his money in roster bonus, signing bonus, all of that. But then, on top of all of it.
Speaker 3: The two things I find most golling are the Browns claiming they did their due diligence and as Demanse said, you don't even call Tony Busby.
Speaker 4: Now again, even if you're not gonna listen.
Speaker 3: To Tony Busby, even it was all about to show on the football player.
Speaker 4: Fine, at least calling so you can say you call.
Speaker 3: But the oddly, the part that I think is the most galling was the quote about Baker to Chris Mortenson from a high ranking Browns, either executive or someone in the front office, that we want an adult in the room, because what that is saying is we think Baker the person is not up to our standards.
Speaker 4: But Deshaun Watson is okay.
Speaker 3: That's okay, Like that's the path you're walking down, and I'm gonna say this, then we'll move on. We went a little longer here than we needed to or than we probably should have, but it's an important topic. I once, one time had a relationship with DeShawn. I know his agent incredibly well, and I guess you know, in the in the world of agents, he did a great job with the contract. I guess is how if you want to view it through that prism, I I've spent a night at a club having drinks with Deshaun Watson. I was as shocked as anyone when these allegations came out.
Speaker 4: I did not want to believe them. If you don't know, I used to live in Houston.
Speaker 3: I was there when they like I wasn't never friends with Jean, but I knew Deschamp, so I didn't want to believe this. But it is to me impossible to follow this story and not believe it. And now we know that the penalty he's paying is nothing. Two hundred and thirty million all guaranteed, and even if the league suspends him for a full year, that two hundred and thirty million becomes two hundred and twenty nine million.
Speaker 4: So it all worked out for him.
Speaker 3: It has not appeared to work out for the nearly two dozen women who have accused him of some.
Speaker 4: Really, really awful things.
Speaker 3: Okay, we will now try to do a more normal rest of the show, Demons, what's next.
Speaker 2: Let's stay in Cleveland. Yeah, Lebron was there Monday night. We were doing this before tip off. Yep. Obviously things in LA are really bad. Yep. But he keeps breaking records but they keep losing. Yep. Do you think he plays for the Cavs again? And if so, win?
Speaker 3: I don't think he plays for the Caves. I understand he opened the door to that. I would be shocked if Lebron plays anywhere other than the Lakers next year, and then after that, it's probably gonna be tied to where he has the best chance to win.
Speaker 4: If he does want to leave LA, I think.
Speaker 3: He and Anthony Davis can still work and then long long term, but we're talking about years down the road. Probably is tied to if and when Bronni comes into the league. So I know he flirted with the idea of playing with Cleveland again. I don't think that will happen. I do think though, we are in because the Lakers have been so bad, we are missing the forest for the trees on this Lebron season. Because this weekend he passed Karl Malone for number two on the all time scoring lists. He got, you know, momentarily quiet applause, and then they just moved on to the Lakers blew the game. Here's what I know about what Lebron is doing this year and the importance of it. As he you know, as we record this right before the Calves game tonight, he is tied to the tenth of a point for the scoring lead with Giannison Embiid, all three guys at twenty nine point eight and a few hundreds. What I know is that when it's all said and done, there's an NBA record book, and then there's the non Wilt NBA record book, because Wilt has all the single game stuff. Wilt had a fifty five rebound game, Wilt had one hundred point game. Wilt had like a dozen seventy point games. So for any individual records individual game, you almost have to set Wilt aside.
Speaker 4: Lebron is going to do the exact same thing.
Speaker 3: For the regular record book, there is going to be the non Lebron record book because nobody else is in the ten thousand, ten thousand club. He's in the ten thousand, ten thousand, ten thousand club. Nobody else other than Kareem has more than thirty seven thousand points. Lebron's gonna get over forty thousand points and maybe most nobly. And this is why this year is so important. Lebron went in thirty five years. When people are showing playoff accomplishments, you're gonna have to do the non Lebron record book. He is minutes, points, steals, assists, all of it. But he also is going to be the guy. Whenever there's a great teenager that comes into the league, they will be the youngest to do X, Y and Z since Lebron. And now because of this season, whenever there is a great old guy season, it will be the best old season for anyone since Lebron.
Speaker 4: So if one guy has all the youngest.
Speaker 3: Guy records, all the playoff records, and all the old guy records. Some people would say there's a name for that, the greatest player to ever live, But I guess you know, we'll let history judge that.
Speaker 4: All right, we gotta get to the tournament. What are we talking about.
Speaker 2: Now, Let's talk some tournament. Yep, Michigan is back in the Sweet sixteen. Yes, Juwan Howard had an awesome moment with the Tennessee player after the game. Yep. People immediately brought up the fight with the Wisconsin coach. What should we be focused on here?
Speaker 4: We should obviously be focused on the hug.
Speaker 3: First of all, Juwan Howard first team All American hugger. No, there's no question his hug with the Tennessee player was legitimately like almost tear jerking. He had a great hug with Jalen Rose after the game, just a great hugger. And the fact that people were bringing up the fact that he tried to mush face that Wisconsin coach. Pardon my language here, but I didn't then and.
Speaker 4: I don't now. I don't give a shit that Juan Howard shoved that guy in the face or tried to grab his face.
Speaker 3: Sports sports are Violence in sports is not like violence in real life.
Speaker 4: Like there is not like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you were at IBM and you did that, He's not at IBM. They're yelling, they're sweating, they're cursing. So Juwan Howard should not have had his moment at all dampered because a month ago he had a tough moment with the Wisconsin coach. Now we're right now out of time, but we're gonna keep going because there's another tournament take that we must get to. So even though the clock, if you're watching us on YouTube, even though the clock says we're out of time, Demansey, we're not gonna get to bonus time, but we are going to get to one more thing, go.
Speaker 2: Staying on the tournament. Yeah, it was an amazing weekend of hoops. Yep. But I know you got something you want to complain about, so let's just get that out of the way.
Speaker 3: Okay, Listen, everyone's complaining about the officiating, and I am going to join them, but only in part. Listen, it is the officiating in college basketball awful.
Speaker 4: Of course, it's always awful.
Speaker 3: Like if people didn't see the end of the Arizona TCU game in overtime. Throughout the weekend, officiating has been terrible, okay, and the Baylor You and C game ejecting Brady Mannick for the elbow was insane, letting bailor. But I'm not going to complain about incompetence in officiating. I am going to complain about what I would consider to be intentional malfeasance in officiating. And that happened for the kid that got the technical for hanging on the rim. Everyone's watching the game Houston Illinois. Houston probably wins anyway, but if you haven't seen it, you can see it anywhere.
Speaker 4: The guy's on a fast break.
Speaker 3: Dunk dunks, he is is momentum carries him past the basket and he has to hold on earls who's gonna fall back, and the referee immediately teet him up. So I have a few very spicy takes on this that I want to get your perspective on it in a moment to first, spicy, take a lot of these techts in basketball. I can't prove it, and people are gonna get mad at me. They've always felt a little let's call him just tinged with a little racial component, all of the taunting and there all this is not allowed to play the game the right way, and it's always and some of the refs and by the way, I don't just feel a way about the taunting and the hang on the rim stuff.
Speaker 4: I also feel like some.
Speaker 3: Refs very eagerly called charge calls, like when a guy is sweeping down the rim for a lane for a dunk and some guy usually a little less athletic, usually a little shorter, come slides over. How it can sighted they are it's always just I can't prove it, but similar similar to some of the excessive celebration penalties you see in college football, like I'd like to see your Facebook history, sir. But more importantly, the hang on the rim should not be against the rules if flatly shouldn't be, but it certainly shouldn't be against the rules if it prevents injury.
Speaker 4: And that now brings me to you.
Speaker 3: What was the only technical foul you got in high school basketball?
Speaker 2: Uh? That that exact play was running down fast break donk try to get moment with him and you know, came back and the ref called it tech. On me, call it tech.
Speaker 4: It's a personal foul. It's two free throws.
Speaker 3: It's a big deal in high school basketball. You get a technical thing that I think you guys did still win the game. I was, and I was not a yell at the ref's guy. I followed that ref out of the building.
Speaker 4: This was not a great moment for.
Speaker 3: Me, and I'll wrap it up, but I I felt like he was putting your safety in jeopardy. That if you have to worry that, if I have to let go immediately, you absolutely could fall back on your head. So the hang on the rim technical should be blasted into the sun, just like this segment because it went about eight minutes too long.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: I just think those reps have never dunked in their lives.
Speaker 5: That's This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable.
Speaker 6: Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roeblas, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast, including Jirell, Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Thania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 4: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: In What's Right The Great Podcast YouTube Show, Episode number three, we went long in that first segment.
Speaker 4: We are now three for three on me blowing through.
Speaker 3: This clock that we've set up just so I don't go long in the first segment Episode four.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be better. I just know it.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, however, while we think about that, let's play a game. Today's game is two wrongs and one right. Demon's lead us off. What's the first topic this season?
Speaker 2: Baker Mayfield will be a relevant starter, a backup.
Speaker 3: That guy in the commercials, oh, He's gonna be a relevant starter.
Speaker 4: Like listen, Baker's not great, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 7: But I can think of a minimum minimum of ten teams that, if they're being honest, would be better with Baker this year than their current starter.
Speaker 3: Those teams are the New York Giants, without a doubt. So the New York Giants have Daniel Jones. The pittsborogh Steelers currently have Mitch Trubisky. I want to talk more about those two teams in a moment like I'm the only person talking.
Speaker 4: About Baker growing to those two teams.
Speaker 3: But then after that the Seahawks, it's it's Drew Locke. I've seen Drew lock He's been terrible forever. And then we can keep going. Detroit clearly with Jared Goff would be better with Baker. Carolina's got Sam Darnold, they'd be better with Baker. Miami has Tua, they'd be better than Baker. And then I know they won't trade for Baker. But Washington would be better with Baker than with Carson Wentz. And I'd say New England and remember those rumors about New England drafting Baker back with the year he came out. Baker's better than Mac Jones. I'm not even including Houston with Davis Mills because I'll be honest, Davis Mills showed me a little something that I'm a little If I were Houston, we're gonna stink anyway. I'd be interested to watch how Davis Mills plays on New York and on Pittsburgh. Quickly, you're like, ah, Baker can't handle the New York media. I disagree, And the example I will use is Julius Randall last year? So is Julius Randall one of the ten greatest Knicks ever? Is he one of the fifteen greatest Knicks? No, see, one of the twenty five greatest New York Knicks ever? I'd have to make the list. I'm gonna go ahead and say no. I think he's probably like the twenty eighth best Nick ever. But last year he was treated like a conquering hero by this mean, awful New York media. You know why, because if you've been starving for the better part of a decade, a cheeseburger looks like filet mignon to you. That's what Baker would be for the Giants quarterback situation. They've been so bad since Eli fell off that he would be just an oasis in the desert. And for Bittsburgh, Oh Nick, the Browns would never trade him within the division?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't they just tell you're not allowed? The Browns think he stinks. The Browns would rather deal with all the Deshaun Watson stuff that contract and they would say breakers not an adult, So don't you want your divisional rival'd have to deal with that child? So I would love to see him with the Giants or with the Steelers.
Speaker 2: All right, what's next this season? The Rams will repeat yep of a Super Bowl hangover yep, or lose to tom Brady just like everybody else.
Speaker 3: Okay, if I'm if I think tom Brady, I'm still holding out hope for my prediction to be correct that tom Brady's going to go to the Niners. If he goes to the Niners, then my answer would be lose tom Brady like everyone else. But if tom Brady is actually on the Bucks, then don't I don't think the Bucks.
Speaker 4: Are good enough, so we can scratch that one off.
Speaker 3: I also don't think they're going to have a Super Bowl hangover with the In Los Angeles, super Bowl hangovers is typically for Super Bowl losers, so I'm gonna say repeat with an asterisk. I think they are likely to repeat as NFC champions. I don't think they're gonna repeat as Super Bowl champions, but I could see them following the same art Kansas City did win the Super Bowl, then get back to the Super Bowl but lose.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna say repeat.
Speaker 3: Not really what the question meant, a repeat to get back to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're gonna win it. What's next?
Speaker 2: Pick one of these to lose, to disappoint the playoffs? Yep, side Philly, Boston or Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: All right, so Boston is coming on strong man. I think at last check, they've won twenty one of twenty four. Tatum's obviously playing great, and they also disappoint is an interesting phrase here, because nobody actually thinks they're gonna make the finals. Boston winning one round would be considered a success. And I didn't think they could win around back when I thought they were gonna have to play Milwaukee or one of the Miami one of the best teams in round one. But they've won enough now that they might get like Cleveland in round one. They could get Toronto in round one. So I'm not gonna say Boston Brooklyn again. I think it's about expectations. I think Brooklyn is. You know, it's always an next year with Brooklyn. They signed Katie and Kyrie of but Katie's out, but what about extra? Then last year it's like, oh, we trade for Harden, but then everyone got Hurt's next year. But that's this year, and now this year it's like, oh, Ben Simmons might not actually play this season, and Kyrie, we don't know the rules, so.
Speaker 4: It's about next year. So I actually only Brooklyn. It's on expectations. I'm legit worried about Philly.
Speaker 2: Philly.
Speaker 3: They just the other night Sunday night, if you were watching, Harden has four fourth quarter turnovers. They they're playing DeAndre Jordan ten minutes a game since the trade, I EMBIID is slowing just a bit down the stretch, and Philly absolutely needs to make at a minimum the conference finals, if not the NBA Finals for this year to be considered a success.
Speaker 4: They go out before Round three.
Speaker 3: Again, it's a massive disappointment, and I wonder if Doc survives it. So even though I've been high on Philly the last couple of years, I think Philly is actually of those three the most likely to disappoint because right now they have the highest realistic expectations of any of those teams. And I just hate how close games. They're so frustrating to bet on, they're so frustrating.
Speaker 4: To root for.
Speaker 3: They just they've been so bad at closing games as before they got hardened. Also Sunday, they scored thirty seven in the first quarter and scored less than ninety for the game, scored thirty seven the first quarter, scored eighty eight for the game, which is almost impossible to do. It's not great, So Philly looks real shaky the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: All Right, what's next?
Speaker 2: Which NBA MVP future is the best bet? Okay, now you're talking about language Embeed at minus two hundred yep, Yannis at plus five hundred yep, or Luca at plus forty five hundred.
Speaker 3: Listen, you guys know that we talked to this last week, that I made the argument for Luca to be MVP. But then Luca did play against the Sixers, didn't play great, the Sixers won, and I'm none of the actual voters I don't have a vote, seem to be believing in Luca. I don't think he has enough time left to change their minds, and the MAVs needed to basically win, you know, like ten of twelve to close the season.
Speaker 4: That's not likely.
Speaker 3: So even though you're getting forty five to one, and even though I think he has a great case for MVP, if you's trying to actually win money, he's not the bet having to lay two hundred dollars to win one dollar or to win a one hundred dollars with EMBIID. I don't love those odds because I think he's fading a bit. And I don't think they even want one of the top two seeds because I don't think they want Brooklyn in a round one.
Speaker 4: You know, if Brooklyn's gonna be the seven or the eight, assuming.
Speaker 3: They make it out of the plan, Giannis is a sneaky great bet you get nine to one. He has arguably the best numbers of anyone in basketball. Yoki just tailed off. If Embiid six or falters all of a sudden, I think there might be a moment where it's like, hey, guys, you know how Yannis, like in the last game's actually mattered. He scored fifty and the defending finals MVP and his team might end up being the two seed in the East. He's averaging thirty eleven and six, and he's arguably the best defensive player in basketball. Maybe he should Maybe we should not overthink this. We should just give the best player in the league on the defending champs.
Speaker 4: Who has crazy numbers. Maybe we should just give him the MVP.
Speaker 3: I could absolutely see that happening, and so I think Giannis at nine to one is really really good value, and I think he has a great chance of winning it.
Speaker 4: All Right, what's last who.
Speaker 2: Had the craziest slash irresponsible weekend? Oh? Okay, you me or the students at Saint Peter's.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, the students at Saint Peter's. I'm not gonna call what they did irresponsible. Listen, these kids their school.
Speaker 4: He's got an enrollment, you know, smaller than the high school you went to.
Speaker 3: And they they're in the sweet sixteen. I mean, they're knocking off Kentucky there. It's a great story. They're fine. This guy, on the other hand, you know, I mean Friday night, I go out, I'll talk about my weekend in a moment, come back home. This guy's not home. Mid of the day, he's still not home. I'm like, is he the proof of life?
Speaker 4: Is he alive? And I'm not listening. I'm not going to try to blow your spot up.
Speaker 3: Hell, you're young. You just you got paid. You know, you got this new job. You went out there, you enjoyed yourself, you had a nice time. You know where you stayed, you know, had you met the person before. Who's to say, will you ever see them again? Who's to say, these are the types of things that are not my business. So hey, listen to be young and single and you know, all of a sudden in your mind.
Speaker 4: Wealthy, I get it. I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Say the most irresponsible weekend was had by me. I'm a thirty seven year old father of three, and I that is Alex Curry, my wife, Danielle Truett, who is the star of Law and Order, Organized Crime and Joy Taylor. You guys know Alex and enjoys one. You guys know my wife. Of course, that was taken. That picture was taken at about eleven forty five. I was out for another five hours. I got home at four fifty eight am Saturday morning.
Speaker 4: Now I didn't drive.
Speaker 3: I was safe, of course, but I got no business being out in these streets till five in the morning. I'm a grown ass man. I don't need to be in this club. I'm there with my wife. This guy couldn't believe it. It was embarrassed for me. So I'm gonna go ahead and say I had the more irresponsible weekend. I'm gonna give you a chance to fire back and then we have to move on. Does it make you, I don't know what's the word judge me? When you found out I was out till almost five in the morning, I was really.
Speaker 2: Surprised to see the between the two of us. You were home before me, I mean after I was home before you.
Speaker 3: You were not home before me. You were at that girl's house before me. You never came home. Who's to say that?
Speaker 4: Who is to say you were sleep.
Speaker 2: Before was where I was going to be sleeping before you were where you were going to be sleeping.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's well done. Okay, we'll be right back. All right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright Podcast?
Speaker 3: YouTube show? Like subscribe, rate review. I haven't told you yet to do that once this entire show. We got to stay in that iTunes top ten on Spotify, the Damn Ringer F one race car show has overtaken us. We gotta do better, So please like, subscribe, rate review all those things. I'm also going to tell you that in a recorded message in just a moment. But this is a live, passionate plea from your guy, Nick Wright. And if you if you do that, then I'm going to still have the ability to outside of the TV show, give you amazing non sports takes like I'm about to deliver right now.
Speaker 4: Demnse set it up?
Speaker 2: Please? You keep wanting to use the end of the show to wind about technological advancement. Yes, so re created a new segment.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's it called?
Speaker 2: If this is right, I want to be wrong. Yeah, you have the floor.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we already talked about QR codes once.
Speaker 3: Now we're gonna talk about this is kind of like a younger man's version of the Great Greg Cody from Levatard Show.
Speaker 4: Back in my day.
Speaker 3: But I'm only thirty seven years old. I'm lildle enough to remember when you could buy a video game and just play that son of a Bitch. Oh that ain't the case anymore, and it has.
Speaker 4: Ruined the experience.
Speaker 3: So not that long ago, I got sent to my house copy of NBA two K twenty two.
Speaker 4: Why'd I get sent to my house? Because I'm in it as a little humble brag, not that humble. Actually, I'm just in that.
Speaker 3: Video game, so I'd put it in Fire up the PlayStation. You know how long I had to wait to see my tweets in that game?
Speaker 4: Do you know how long I had to wait before I was allowed to play.
Speaker 3: Give it a guess between the hours, yes, a half hours, two and a half hours.
Speaker 4: Because you can't just put the disc in and play anymore.
Speaker 3: No, we have to update the PlayStation. Then we have to update the game. Then we have to download a patch.
Speaker 4: What the f is going on here? But it gets worse.
Speaker 3: Because then I bought I got four Christmas Madden that not the download edition, the game, the disc.
Speaker 4: It was a Christmas day.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know what kids are You know I had playing with their toys. I'm gonna play Madden.
Speaker 4: I put it in.
Speaker 3: You know what it tells me, I'm not allowed to play it. There's not enough room on the PlayStation. What do you mean room, I'm putting the disc in. Nope, I have to download the disc to the PlayStation. Why the why of the disc? There once more a time you just put the game in. You could play it. That's all. You just play the game. And then there was a sweet spot. There was an amazing moment where you.
Speaker 4: Could do that.
Speaker 3: But you also who could play each other online? So like they brought in the online technology, I'm gonna need a few more seconds your guys, the clock's gonna stop.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna need a few more seconds.
Speaker 3: Because there was an amazing time where it went from you could only play with people who were with you, two you could play with the whole world.
Speaker 4: But it's still everything was on the disc. Be on the disc.
Speaker 3: You can play within twenty seconds. And then it just oh, we're gonna advance it now. Hey guys, guess what we can update rosters? Oh that sounds fun. Oh I have to wait like two minutes for a roster update.
Speaker 4: Okay, worth it.
Speaker 3: And then it became not only oh, you need to download all the newest maps and that's gonna take an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: This poor guy gets to Call of Duty and yeah, yeah, that's a point. You know, I'm calling my sister or I'm host at the restaurant. Can you update the games? Yeah, I get home so I can play when I get there.
Speaker 4: That happened, and was furious with her when she forgot it.
Speaker 3: He called from a lunch break in the restaurant, was like, hey, can you put in Call of Duty start the download. I'm gonna be home in four hours. It should be done then. And then another thing. One last point you used to buy a video game, and you know what you got when you bought the video game, the game. Now you're buying a game, and it's really just providing you an opportunity to purchase more things for the game, Like, Hey, I have I bought NBA two K I want to.
Speaker 4: Use my player.
Speaker 3: Well you better either have four hundred dollars or be ready for your guy.
Speaker 2: To be trash, just trash, not just wants to get to an eighty four.
Speaker 3: Right, This poor guy is out here, you know what I mean? They building fences for a living, using all of his dispensable income. On a jump shot the feature, what the hell has happened? So video games got to get back how good they were when I was your age. Very simple, put the game in play the game, own the game.
Speaker 4: That's all. Talk to you in a few days.
Speaker 2: We're super far from that. You're not getting any closer. No. Seven