Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock mover's report, the companies making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenobeck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to some of the individual gainers. It turns out had actually a fair amount of names to choose from. So let's go to some of the healthcare names that dominated the top gainers list in the S and P five hundred. So we're talking about United Health Group, Humana, CVS Health, Yacht United Health up about nine point four percent, Humana up almost eight percent, CVS Health also again there just shy of seven percentage points. The insurers that provide private Medicare advantage plans for older Americans rose after the United States agreed to boost twenty twenty seven payments by almost two and a half percent more than its initial proposal and spit for an industry squeeze by federal cost cutting efforts. So we add analysts weighing in one saying that the rate increase may let companies expand margins next year as long as they keep reducing benefits and managing expenses, but nonetheless that sector outperforming. Let's go to Paramount sky Dance, number one gainer in the SNP five hundred, again of just about eleven percent, just shy of that mark. Shares of the company climbing after it says it has entered into equity syndication agreements with Persian Golf Funds to supports acquisition of Warner Brothers discoveries of finding some more money. We know that that's a pretty big deal. The enter deals with three sovereign wealth funds in the golf those of Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi and Qatar. Excuse me, so we definitely did see some support. I think there's always been some concern about how to kind of work this out financially, even though they are moving forward as we know, Paramount sky Dance and Warner Brothers linking up. And then one more for you, I want to go over to Broadcom. I think this was yeah, number one gainer in the NASDAQ one hundred. Anthropics that its revenue run rate has now topped thirty billion dollars, up from nine billion at the end of twenty twenty five, and confirm plans to work with Broadcom and Google to power it's burgeoning operations. The AI startup said that demand for its Claud services has accelerated this year, with more than one thousand business customers spending over a million dollars on an annual basis. That figure has more than double since February. Just kind of blown off that stock. By the way, Broadcom up about six point two percent.
Speaker 1: I just had to laugh. You know, one of the best stories I read today. I don't know if you saw it on the which one on the ARR numbers today? I'll send it to your carmer. I know you don't actually read Bloomberg stories here, but that's about the metrics if you will. Wow, that's a very colorful language.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I always want to leave something for you because I just want you to feel included.
Speaker 1: In this process.
Speaker 2: Let's see, I.
Speaker 3: Know, thank you, Yeah, thank.
Speaker 1: You very much. Let's move on.
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel move on. Let's get to decliners. I do want to start with Apple. Really interesting mood day for Apple shares ended up falling by just over two percent. It started this morning, though a report from Nika Asia fueled concerns about a delay in that foldable phone shares fell over five percent after the outlets said that the company was facing challenges in the engineering test phase of the phone, but Mark German out with the report later that said the company's first foldable phone is on track to arrive during the normal iPhone launch period later this year. That's according to people with knowledge of the matter. So the stockman for this those losses.
Speaker 1: Sorry, didn't Samsung have a foldable phone?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Other companies had full I've seen yeah, other popular this is Apple's. Oh Mark, you know, I did this Q and A with Mark a few weeks ago. It yeah, told about it today. Okay. Anyway, he is so bullish on this idea of the foldable phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And a lot of analysts too agree that this this will be something new that fuels sales. There are also questions about what that operating system looks like. Mark has reported that it, you know, is based on like an iPad operator system.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm curious about what this thing will look like.
Speaker 1: How many folds?
Speaker 4: I don't know how many folds. I haven't seen it yet. We should move on, though, because there are some other stocks that moved lower. Kimberly Clark shares ended up falling today This after a large fire at a Kimberly Clark distribution center in Ontario, California, shares fell by more than four percent. The fire chief or deputy fire chief of Ontario confirmed to Bloomberg News that a suspect had been arrested on arson charges. He said quote the fire was suspicious in nature from the initial stages. Kimberly Clark spokesperson told Bloomberg News in an email statement that we are aware of the fire. Safety is our top priority. We can confirm there are no reported industries. We will share additional information as it becomes available. And finally, the trade desk shares falling today. This ended up falling by six point eight percent at the close, lowest inter day level going back to twenty twenty, Adweek reported that three key executives are leaving the company. They cited the chief marketer, the executive vice president Ian Klli, the execus at a Price President will be replaced by Annasair, who's worked on marketing at the company. This, according to Adweeks, shares taking a hit down six point eight percent today.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick look at yields because the volatility that we saw inequity space. We also saw it in treasuries as well. We had a lot of buying, We had a lot of selling. The net effect of it, though, was of course, to the upside on a price basis. That's pushed yields down on the shorter end of the curve down about four basis points on your two and your five year about two basis points or so on your ten uere.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.