Speaker 1: What is up, Friendles, and welcome in Happy Friday to everybody right here. For leading off on the Fantasy Pros MLB channel. It's about to say YouTube channel, but no, we're live on Twitch, Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros. You can watch us Monday through Friday live as you are doing live right now. But all you YouTubers, we see you, We know what you're up to. If you want to come and hang live, do it. We would love to have you. Joe Pizzapia back in the seat next week. We've got Joe Rico. We traded in our Joe's for the week. Joe, how are we doing, buddy?
Speaker 2: It's been a fantastic week. Man, this is really good. Getting to do shows with you consistently doing my job in Joe's job has been a lot of fun this past week. I'm looking forward to having him back. But it's been great getting to do shows with you all week, My friend.
Speaker 1: I like that you say that I'm not really looking forward to having Piece of Pa back. I know you, I appreciate you are. I don't know if the audience really is you know, the show didn't work out yesterday. I got some messages that people were like really excited that they got a little bit more Joe Rico. They're like, oh my god, thank god, you don't have to have more Joe. I mean, at the end of the day, the worst thing that could happen would be to have more Joe piece of pier right now? Wait? What what? What's that sound? What's that sounds? Somebody's place in water? Oh?
Speaker 3: I got some canol, Joey conol, nothing but the best, brought some pieces here for you. I see, Joe Rico, you look so beautiful. Thanks for giving me a vacation for a couple of days.
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 2: My pisons.
Speaker 1: What's going on is my pisons? Hey yeah, just serious stereotypical things. I get to do this because there what.
Speaker 2: I got right here? Donnie, Hey, hey, I love it. Maybe thank you?
Speaker 1: Why don't you really? Let's let's we're gonna do a live at Canoli review with Joe piece of Here we go stuffed by Canoli in your mouth? No not get out of here. Come on, this is a this is a family. It's not in the morning all. I want to see how much you can take one one time. We're not gonna do the each side one so you lady on the trip. We're not gonna do a lady on the trip. All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: You want to get down.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do a live Canoli report. I thought we weren't gonna get Joe Pizza Pia today, but we apparently are. We all took the chocolate covered ones.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that says about it, all right, cheers Joua Rico and Michael Gallay.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we'll go. That's bad radio. It's a breakfast of champions.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty I don't have water in here.
Speaker 4: That's all right, Peanuts, Bracco Jacks, thanks for supporting.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 4: Rico is my feeling this week. He's doing a phenomenal job. I watch a couple of shows, not too many because I'm on vacation, but I just want to say hello to everybody.
Speaker 1: I'll see you Monday. I love you all. We're gonna go out some batting practice. We're gonna try to find a field. We got a bucket of balls, and we're gonna see where the day takes us. I don't know, but maybe some.
Speaker 4: More content for the channel.
Speaker 2: We'll find out.
Speaker 1: We'll see bye, everybody, Love you on a Tierra.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we found his crown. Thank goodness, there's too many things on it. Don't scratch my glasses. There you go, He's the worst.
Speaker 1: All right, buy everybody Friday. It was I just said that we wanted more Joe Rico, and we got Joe piece of Pia. What just happened? You guys set me up that totally didn't know. They were standing in my office next to me the whole time that was shout out to Yeah, did you like that?
Speaker 2: Were you?
Speaker 1: Were? You a little surprised there, Rico.
Speaker 2: I saw you talking before we were going on. You were talking on mute, and I was thinking, okay, you know his kids asked him a question. Your wife's asking you a question. I didn't think it was Joey P. But there was something in the back of my head that thought something might be up. But that was fun. I didn't expect that.
Speaker 1: I did, but I also was not fully expecting that. But Joey P in the house. Wait wait is it a Kaisa Trucks day? I didn't even look. I've done two kinds of trucks reads. All right, that's enough. Yeah, I've done. I think we're I think we're good. That's Kaisa trucks home for the canoli. That's why these canolis are so strong. Kaisa trucks. No Lo low c's for the Canoli's all right, little chaos to start the show. Thank you guys for all hanging out. Special appearance Joe Piezapia and the great cousin Donnie. We thought we guys would start you guys off a little bit of fun. Obviously the audio people probably not loving quite as much because of the chaos. There not a great idea, by the way, to eat a canoli at the top of a show when you have no water or anything like that. Mister Joe Rico correct.
Speaker 2: I'm Italian. It comes up naturally to me eating connoly, but you definitely need to wash it down with something. Go get an espresso.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I don't drink coffee, but I do need some caffeine percent all right. Yeah, now, I'm not a coffee guy. I don't do any of that stuff. I can't do it. But we can do all the baseball here for you guys. We got a ton of stuff here that will not include mister Joe Pizzapia. We got bets, we got breakdowns, We've got some chaos in the baseball world. We found out about and I was out there hanging with a certain somebody, so be on the lookout for that. We're gonna do here very shortly. But let's dig into that co It was really good, by the way, very very phenomenal. Canoli back at it onto the baseball world. Tyler soda Strom one for five, league leading ninth home run yesterday against the White Sox. He does not stop hit it interesting. Rotal World put this out there. He is a three to two slider that he crushed like one oh four. I think really interesting about that too, and then mentioning that it was a slider. Is like his success on off speed stuff so far this year, Like he's hitting everything across the board. I did a show with Bogman where we were really like going hard into the Tyler Soderstrom stuff. What do you think the line is on Soderstrom? Well, I did the question of Christian Walker or Tyler Soderstrom rest of season. Where would you go with that?
Speaker 2: I think it would probably be Man. I hate to be like a prisoner of the moment, but it's probably Soderstrom, just every so slightly. I still really like Walker, We talked about that this week, but Soderstrom has just been brilliant. And something that I noticed yesterday was doing sleep in the Bob than Justin and Paul. I forget which one of us pointed this out, but I think a lot of people will say, well, he's in a minor league ballpark. You know, he's going to be taking advantage of these minor league fences, and that's why he's having success. I'll Vlotty Junior a couple of years ago. But if you look at the split so far, nine home games, Soderstrom has two home runs and he's hitting a buck fifty six. On the road, he has seven home runs and he's hitting four thirty nine. So he's not even like a minor league ballpark merchant. He's just legitimately a power stud. And I think, you know, if he hit forty home runs this year at this point, I don't think we should be surprised. It's mid April, he's got nine already. He could surpass forty.
Speaker 1: Even I'm going to want to be a prisoner at the moment either, and this is coming from a very hardcore Christian Walker guy. Right now, it's kind of l city for me on that. You know, the capital L on the Welsh for a Christian Walker, and I do believe though he's going to turn things around a lot. In the hitting profile. I think outside of the strikeouts those are up, everything else looks pretty good. He's going to start pulling fly balls. He traditionally kind of art slow, he's kind of streaky. I'm taking Sodastrum. I think Sodastrm like my big point too, It is he has such a good head start and I think that profile, which is elite at this level, even when he comes down, I just don't think he's going to come back where another player like Christian Walker is going to just catch face and we're gonna be like, oh, yeah this, You know, we should have had Walker the whole time.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I think Sodastrm is going to be consistent all year long, and I'm not going to be surprised if he hits thirty homers. He's a third of the way there. Practically, that ballpark has beneficial. He's hitting the ball better. I think we got to be in hardcore and Tyler Soderstrom and I made a good move on the the rest of season ranks on Fantasy pros and I'll I'll do it again. I think there's going to be another move because I don't think I have Walker over him. But the more we looked into it and talked about it, I think I'm in. So that would be a question for the chat. Maybe we can even put up a pull if we want Christian Walker, Tyler Soderstrom. Where you guys at I'm very curious at the level of first baseman for everybody for Soda Strong.
Speaker 2: Where do you have him in the rioting as well? So you have him top ten.
Speaker 1: To pull it out. I want to say I have him top I want to say eleven or something like that, but I think he might deserve to be inside of it like Tristan Cassis or him. Cossus is struggling when you get it. It's not going to be Naylor Naylor. I'm going to have above him, but I think he's right below Naylor, And actually that might be where I ended up putting him in the rank, So I'm open to it. Yeah, big Soda, So let's see where you guys are at on him. Corbin Freakin' Carol has been one of the best guys. Barnutt war Number everything is telling us He's one of the best in the league. But we have been missing the stolen bases. We got that back yesterday. Three stolen bases bags are coming back. The hitting profile is ridiculous. I was actually taking a look on Baseball Savant. You can look at the batting stance data they have and you can see some of the changes. He's actually moved quite a bit forward in the plate, brought his feet in a little bit more, and that is allowing him to attack the ball with that big bat speed and things are going crazy. So I think I had this trade thing that someone had brought to me of like, hey, would you trade Soto for Carol? And I'm like, I actually think Carol's the play Dynasty and on redraft right now because I believe in him. The stolen bases just held him back and then they pop back up. So I don't know if there's a ton to like go go in on with Carol outside of like maybe if you just weren't a believer, I don't know where you're at on him, Like do you think Corman Carrol, if you could get a one soda or you could sell down, do you think that's the play on Carroll? Like do you believe this new hitting version of him is going to stay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I think I came into the season with Carol ranked ahead of Soto, and I'd still have to have to stick with that. I think with the shoulder, it just seems to have fieled itself, which I don't know how legit that is. Necessarily, I thought that this was going to be something that eventually needed some kind of procedure. But he has a twenty percent barrel rate, almost a sixty percent hard hit rate. His average exit velocity is ninety five for his career. It had been eighty nine. The hardest hit balis we're hitting his career came this season. That one fifteen point eight. I don't like that he's chasing more. If you look at his O swing percentage, he's thirty seven percent this season twenty seven for his career. Swinging strike rate was seven and a half percent last year. It's thirteen point eight this season. But everything else is fantastic, Like Corbyn, Carroll could easily be a thirty to fifty guy this season and win Nashville, get VP and wouldn't surprise.
Speaker 1: But we're also kind of moving into a territory where maybe he hits more homers than he steals bases. Though we don't know what direction that's going to go, it's really good to start seeing him steal some bases. I have some other cool news for you. I went out to the airs on a Diamondbacks facility yesterday and the other day Katel Marte was here, and there was kind of a word maybe from Katel the other day that obviously Tory Lavello was saying that he might not even back until like mid May. They didn't think he'd be back early April. Maybe potentially. Katel had said himself that he would like to be back next week. Well, I go out there and I got some video and if we can put that up Calle of him working. He looks good. This is Katel. This is my video from yesterday. He wasn't short, which was getting people kind of worked up. He went between second and short, but he was out working. This is a little corner field they have at the Diamondbacks facility. He's running it out. You can see he's got the leg kind of wrapped up, but he's moving, doesn't seem to be limping. The arm looks good. This was after he did a running session, and then it followed up with him going doing a private hitting session. So one more here they had the Pioneer League tryouts in the back. But Katel looks solid and we could take him at short. But then we had the collab of collabs of all time, Joe Rico, I present to you Kutel x Welsh because me and Katell we rocked it out. Baby, that's right, straight from the show yesterday, Me and Katel. It's very bright. He was not constipated. I also the eyes were getting me a little bit, but Diamondback had up shout out to Rota Waar. Me and Katel rocking out as two best friends do. And everyone's quest in the world is this right there? Will we see a where in the world are Katell and Welsh this year? I don't know. It's a possibility. We could look into it if people wanted it. We had where in the world We're Welsh and Corman Carroll Well, kud Tell and Welsh. We're hanging just being best friends yesterday. It's a great picture, right, I mean, I'm not very photogenic.
Speaker 2: It's a fantastic picture. It's the coolest guy in Arizona and Katel Marte is there as well, so it's a really good job.
Speaker 1: It's my boy. I love Katel so much. He's like one of my favorites. We was before Carol was out there, but we took the picture at the facility, got some of that scoop video. I got you guys covered, all right, we can my horrible smile and face can come off of there real quick. But just wanted to share with everybody a little bit of could tell action and people like that, people like that friend of the show, Yeah, oh this is a good point.
Speaker 2: Stay away, friend of me.
Speaker 1: If he's a friend of the show, that's not good. I got to tell you that. Justin Steele just had surgery today and he did.
Speaker 2: Think every So it's Cruval Mayor's hate.
Speaker 1: What are you talking here, Mayor? You must be behind. I think he's behind and he's just seeing the segment win show. Oh look at that. Oh someone's negative. Oh something isn't to his liking. Shut up, Mayor, get out here. All right, let's get back into it. Christopher Sanchez picked up his second victory of the season twelve strikeouts over seven innings against the Giants. We told somebody on a show, I think it was on Wednesday. Do not get rid of Christopher Sanchez, no matter what you do. Where do you think Sanchez has vaulted as far as value.
Speaker 2: Goes top fifteen or top twenty starting pitcher? For me, there was an interesting article that Mayor and Worm went through yesterday on the cycle. It was ESPN did like an ace rankings, just going through all the aces in baseball, and they had Christopher Sanchez at like eleven or something like that, and it was Kylie McDaniel. ESPN can get kind of a bad reputation. M Kylie knows what he's talking about. You know. When you start seeing that kind of thing, maybe he's closer to ten than fifteen. But without a doubt, for me, he's a top twenty starting pitcher, no question.
Speaker 1: You know, he was one of those guys that popped. We talked a bunch about this in the draft season that some of the projections just had it right, even though it was an outlier. I think it was.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think it might have been ATC that had him as like a top twenty pitcher as far as war goes the bat or no, No, you know what, I think it was the bat because I think I highlighted it with Cardi, but both of those systems had him way higher than he was being ranked, and he just seemed like it was an obvious pickup for him. I like the sustainability. Would you rather have Ooh, that's too much? Would you rather have rest of season? Let Freddy Peralta or Chris Sanchez?
Speaker 2: Chris Sanchez? For me, I like per Alta, but Sanchez seems to be on another level at this point. That change up is one of the best pitches in baseball.
Speaker 1: It is, and he added the cutter for more strikeouts. Chotto Imanaga or Chris Sanchez Sanchez.
Speaker 2: I've been a little bit out on Imanaga this year.
Speaker 6: Out Here, there's no one way of doing things, no one written rules, and no shortage. You have a venture because out here only requirement is having fun. Bank of America invites kids six to eighteen to golf with Us for a limited time. Sign them up for free one year membership, giving them access to discount to te times at thousands of courses. Learn more at Bank of America dot com slash golf with Us. What would you like the power to do? Bank of America Restrictions supply CPAA dot com slash golf with us for complete details covered right twenty twenty five Bank of America Corporation. Are we still on the trail?
Speaker 2: Is this packeting heavier? More switchbacks?
Speaker 4: Why am I doing this?
Speaker 1: At ARII co Op?
Speaker 6: We believe there are places within ourselves.
Speaker 2: Just a little further. You got this that we find only outside.
Speaker 7: Wow, look at the stars.
Speaker 3: This is incredible.
Speaker 6: We have the gear, inspiration and advice to help you get there.
Speaker 2: ARII co Op.
Speaker 1: Visit arii dot com.
Speaker 7: It's the Smuckers Uncrustables podcast with your host Uncrustables. Okay, today's guest is rough around the edges. Please welcome Crust. Thanks for having me today's topic. He's round with soft pillowy bread hey filled with delicious PEBNJ.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about yourself?
Speaker 7: And you can take him anywhere?
Speaker 2: Why do you invite?
Speaker 1: And we are out of time? Are you really cutting me off?
Speaker 7: And Crustables are the best part of the sandwich?
Speaker 1: Sorry crust Okay, So, I mean, I don't think we need to necessarily run a poll for that, but the values up I think he's somewhere in that direction. By the way, the poll that we did before eighty three percent Soda Man eighty three percent over Walker. I mean, you know, recency and stuff like that, but I think we're all in. We're definitely all in on the Soda Man, and his valuation has just gone through the roof. Kumar Rocker recorded his first MLB victory. More importantly, eight strikeouts. He picked up three run ball. You know, he's still kind of in the streamy type of range. Is there any takeaways for Kumar Rocker? Is he in a circle of trust at all?
Speaker 2: For you, I'd kind of given up after that Seattle start. This was definitely a positive, but there's still a lot in his profile that worries me. Stuff comes in a little bit below average. He's giving up a ton of hard contact eleven percent barrel fifty one on the hard hit. The strikeout rate for the season is only seventeen percent. The ERA is at six thirty eight, and a lot of the estimators are better, but they're not like drastically better. They're pretty not bad, like a three eighty six. Sierra is all right, but I just don't know if he's quite ready to trust yet, especially for the majority of players in ten and twelve team leagues. I play in a lot of deeper leagues. I'll speculate on him a little bit this weekend, and like fifteen teamers if you're playing an AL only, for sure, but if you're in a twelve team standard size Yahoo or ESPN league, I just don't think I'm there yet.
Speaker 1: It's pretty interesting because like he has to live off the slider. That was always his issue. The sinker and fastball. They is not doing anything. They're getting hit really hard, They're not whiffing anybody evs or like ninety two ninety three batting average is high. But his slider is absolutely elite pitch and he throws it more than anybody. So he's kind of doing like the Hunter Green. But he just doesn't have a power fastball. So I'm really not sure how he's gonna make it out of there. By the way, we found out the craziest story. Arico texts me and goes, dude, we were betting against Spider Man. We found out the Patrick Corbin against bet we had. We're all we're trying to do for two days is bet against Patrick Corbin. He's gonna get blow out. Blah blah blah. Then he ends up looking like Cy Young well, it might have been performance enhancing, because if we can show, Ai has told us he turned into Spider Man. He could hardly walk. We found out because he was bit by a venomous spider before the game and apparently had new powers, new powers where you could throw sliders at any point and fastballs that Mike Trout wouldn't even swing at. He threw Mike Trout in his first at bat a fastball down the freaking gut and Trout just stared at it. But there was performance enhancing. He was bit by a spider. That's AI's version of what happened. I think that was probably pretty accurate. And it was his left hand too. It's exactly impressive.
Speaker 2: I don't even know anymore, Like the gods are just making fun of us at this point. I think it's it's hilarious. It's a venomous spider bite the day of a star. Maybe that's why they were doing like the moving around with Molly and everything like that. But I don't even know how to analyze this. It's just just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Well, that actually does make sense. That makes sense because he was supposed to pitch that other day. Yeah, and then you know apparently the one nine nine nine nine Spider traveled through the Spider Verse and it gave him powers. And I don't know, like, if Patrick Corbyn has another the Corbyn Verse, that's one hundred percent right. If Patrick Corbyn has another one, I think we're gonna have the new trend in baseball where guys are gonna just be like, you know how, like parents will have like chicken pox. Parties are just gonna have like Spider By parties, and we're just gonna have a bunch of superhumans. And we had Corbyn Parker apparently, so we were going up against Spider Man. The odds were always against us. A couple of other things. Braves recalled Alex Redugo from Triple A, Brian de Lacruz down anything for you whatsoever on Verdugo and.
Speaker 2: Only fifteen teamers maybe, like I know, only for sure, fifteen teamers maybe, but the majority of listeners can just ignore this.
Speaker 1: I think I'm pretty on that as well. And then Griffin Canning was awesome yesterday on the Cardinals struck out eight two and one now three four three E Ray. Do you think Canning has moved up? I guess he was a little bit already out of like the streamer range. But is your level of confidence moved up in canning as he's stacking up some of these strikeouts.
Speaker 2: A little bit. I think he's fine as like a streamer if you see a good matchup. But a lot of the things we usually look for, they're not amazing necessarily, you know, double digit walk rate, fifty three percent hard hit against. This stuff is very pedestrian, ninety one overall stuff. Plus I don't know. I think if you see a good matchup, if he's facing a bottom ten or fifteen offense, you can think about streaming him. But I'm not running to the waiver wire to grab him.
Speaker 1: Shout out to our people. By the way, we had a couple of new subs. We hit a sub goal before we started up MSILV with some numbers subscribed with Prime. We appreciate you doing it for free, getting the home run contest a bunch of new follows. So shout out to you guys forgetting us everywhere we need to be. Let's talk to some of the people. Hopefully Mike Mayer is okay with it. I know we should do a couple five minute check in to see that he's good with the segment, so I think he'll be good with this, but I don't know. We'll see. Let's see, Lucius, it's good afternoon. I just managed to trade Torque, Pepio and Alvarado for Christian Walker and Hunter Brown? Did I do good? For context? I have Hoffman and thanks to Welsh, I made sure I got munios. My boy. It's a five x five headhead ops league. So you managed to trade. So you traded Torquepio and Alvarado to get Walker and Hunter Brown. That's why I'm reading that. Are you doing the same Are you reading it that way?
Speaker 2: I'm reading it that way. I would personally prefer the trio. Torkosen has been fantastic. I think that he can probably be something similar to what we saw a couple of years ago, thirty Homers, maybe ninety Ribis. I've always been a Pepio guy. Admittedly it hasn't been a great start for him with the command, and Alvarado seems like he is locked in as the closer for now. The other side of that, Walker we've talked about his concern I like Hunter Brown a lot, but I think the trio is more appealing to me.
Speaker 1: I mean honest with you, I think in like a month this could swing back to that side, Like you might have the two best players in the trade. So I'm cool with it from that perspective. But at the same time, like I think Torque has kind of leveled solid. Pepio is not like super far off from Hunter Brown and you got the big closer, you know, I think it doesn't. I don't think it looks like a win right now, but it definitely couldn't. It's a great question, good guy Dolan, I was offered, would in Sanchez for his Schwarber? I feel like I've been given a little too giving up a little too much. Thoughts he has Carol two, I'd be asking for too much if I ask for him instead, so would Yeah. Wood In Sanchez for Schwarber is an insanely stupid trade. We just talked about Sanchez being a top fifteen to twenty pitcher. James wood In Schwarber's values are pretty even right there. Yeah, I actually probably. I mean, he's not gonna accept Carol, but I would ask for Carol instead. I'm not doing that trade. I don't, I can be honest with you. I'm not sure. I'm doing Wood for Schwarber just straight up yeah, that's on the basis unless it's an OBP league.
Speaker 2: That duo was pretty appealing, would I mean, it's funny. I was worried about the launch angle stuff with Wood. The launch angle's gotten worse, but he's hitting the home run. So what do I know?
Speaker 1: I don't know. By the way, did I tell you this? Someone just brought up torpedo bats. I think I said this in ITL. I went to another game after hanging with my very good friend Katel Marte and I went to the Royals and was it Royals and Mariners playing an extended spring training game. And a dude broke a bat, and every player went like you got in trouble, And I'm like, what are they doing? He broke a torpedo bat and they all like they grabbed it and like carried it over. They treated it like this, like baby, and they were all looking at it because he broke it and they had to give him a normal bat. He did not get a hit at that, by the way, but I thought you guys would like that. They were. It's going to probably be a thing long term. Jake bal I got Nick Kurtz in a minor league' s pop, but most likely not for long. I have Alonzo at first, Naylor at corner, and Torklesen eate utility. Who rides the pine for Kurts. It would be only torque if someone's riding the pine. But like you might have to go through some bumps with Kurts, like I don't. We shouldn't anoin Kurtz when someone was like, hey, I want to drop Naylor for Kurts. No, don't do that, Like, don't we don't know what this is going to look like, and there's some bumps in the roads with rookies. You want Kurts if it clicks early. So I would probably let Kurtz ride some pine over Torque. I don't know, unless like maybe it's a really good matchup for the A's and they're at home early on it's torque.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would base on the way everybody's been talking about Kurtz. I would see, you know, off put them on the trade block in your league and see what the offers are. You might get a crazy offer. You might get offered Naylor for him straight up, or another top hundred type of player. You never know, You never know. He might come up to the bigs and hit twenty five homers this year. He might be back in Triple A in three weeks. You just you just never know this is a good time to sell a prospect.
Speaker 1: The best time is usually before and the valuations are crazy. I would love to know. I don't know if we asked this the other day. We just did so many shows. But especially to the YouTube audience. If you guys have seen some Nick Kurtz trades, put them in the comments. I would love to see what some Nick trade Nick Kurts trades are looking like, like some actual ones, because I know there's gonna be some weird ones, but I have a feeling there are some insane ones, like you know, when we're talking about Naylor here, all right, a couple more, then we're gonna get to some more news and we'll pop back to a few Is it time to drop Tovar? And then someone ELSEO said, drop Tovar with Netto being activated?
Speaker 2: Eh, yeah, I'd be fine with that, dropping Tovar to activate Neto. I'm not a big Tovar guy, though, so that might be a little bit of a blind spot for me, but I prefer Neto.
Speaker 1: Uh Kirene Paris or Dylan Moore.
Speaker 2: Neither really, but I'd go Paris if I had to choose one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would go Kyrien Paris right here, But Dylan Moore's look good, yea very much early on. Let's do one more. I got Tolia Johannio cleared through waivers. I need to scoop him up, right, I have totally Johannio cleared waivers. Peripherals look good, crazy low Babbitt. Last year, Suarez is close to Tolia's ceiling this year, that's a good way to put it. Would you drop Tolia for Johannio Eohannio's also, you know, obviously struggled.
Speaker 2: I would. I think there's gonna be some ups and downs with Suarez, But I think if you just look at like the preseason projections, they were still factoring in his Seattle numbers a little bit too much. So I don't know if he's going to get second half twenty twenty four Suarez all the time. He might be a little bit streaky, but I think he's still probably a thirty home run guy or somewhere close to it. I don't really trust Togglia much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totallya totally. Yeah, the G is confusing, Yeah, yeah, yeah, no I want you ever we all want to say toglia, but it is totally. I just remember Buddy Dennis, who does signings, he had that he had a signing with Tolia and they talked about that in the very first signing. He was just like, yeah, the g's silence. So it's very interesting. But you know what, I'm gonna put the G back on until you start hitting. You don't deserve the silent G right now when you're not making me look rookie, lookie. Twins are promoting one of their top prospects, Luke Keishel, twenty two year old second baseman triple a's this year. The start is fine, he's in in two sixty one, about a three eighty obp's got a homer, bunch of stolen bases, great walk to strikeout ratio more eleven to nine, so close to not more walks and strikeouts, but really really great hit tool. I would say this, I don't think he has a long long term sustainability. Anything could happen, of course, but in the short term, if you've got like the you know, there's no one out there and you want to pick him up. I think from a fantasy value standpoint, he's one of the higher valued guys we've had vnup. I'd rather have Keishel long term, but it's just because like Willie Cashro's banged up, Carlos Grasco's banged up, Miranda went down and then he got banged up, like everybody's just hurt. Brooks Lee just got back. I just don't think there's long term sustainability. So I'm not sure how hard I would be speculating. I don't know if you have anything to add on Keshel.
Speaker 2: Not really, I'll leave the prospect stuff to you.
Speaker 1: Well maybe this one. Though the Brewers are calling up Caleb Durban Friday, and Caleb Durban is a stolen based monster. There's some power in there. I don't know what the long term outlook again, I just don't know what that's going to look like. But he is a guy that I would speculate on. Ironically, I think I would actually speculate on Durbin over Keshel right now, even though I've got Luke as a higher valued prospect. But you want stolen bases, you should look at Caleb Durban. So that is what I'm letting you guys know. Three up and three down. Riley Green went three for five, drove in a pair of runs on Thursday. Why is this important? Because every human being was like, why is no one talking about Riley Green? He stinks we got to be done with him. He had like a forty something percent K percentage, finally had his big three hit game. I'm a little down on this in general. Do you have any positive takes off of him finally picking up some hits, even though it's been a really slow start, anything on Riley Green?
Speaker 2: For you? It was a nice game. I'm still a bit worried the strikeouts being where they are thirty nine percent and still like that is that's tough. That's tough to come to build around, especially when you're looking at some of the play discipline metrics. He's swinging a lot more of this season than he has previously. He's up to about seven percent in that department. He's swinging more outside of the zone. He's making less contact in the zone. I just I feel a little bit worried about him still. I've got a lot of questions about him, and there's been a lot of talk about his struggles, at least in my DMS, I think that in a really shallow league, I'm not as married to him as I would have been even a month ago. I think if it's like a ten team league and there's a hot bat on the wire, I wouldn't mind moving on. That might be a hot take. But I'm kind of down on him right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm kind of with you on that, and then we're going to pair this together. Mark Viento's hit his first homer of the year on Thursday in that win behind Griffin Canning. Both of those guys in major struggles that have had some big questions finally have a good performance. But that is going to take us to this week's chase seeing challenges brought to you by Microsoft. Just like athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible, business decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities. Microsoft meets you where you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe, secure AI solutions. Whatever challenge you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expert expertise to say bring it on. And in this segment, we are highlighting those underperformers Riley Green and Mark Viento's are two prime examples of where the rubber meets the road in fantasy. Sometimes there are so many players in this very early onset where all we've told you guys is like, be patient, don't overreact. We are starting to at least see the path where early overreaction is meeting needing to make changes in the season. We're like three weeks into the season. Things are becoming a little bit more reality. And with that come these players. Riley Green specifically has had a horrific bad start, as I said, over forty percent strikeout rate. He gets some hits. Mark Viento's hitting like under one sixty, gets his first homer, But is it enough for these guys to meet the challenge to bounce back? In Fantasy Personally, both of these guys are on a shorter list where if I was an a TEND team, I probably am more comfortable moving on from them. Can they bounce back? Yes, both of them have extreme hard hit tools. Riley Green has also shown a really great ability for barreling. But the strikeout rates are really really bad right now, and the question is going to come to you, are they going to meet the challenge, are they going to be a fantasy guy that you are willing to keep backing? That's it for this week's chasing challenges. Remember Microsoft's AI solutions empower you to take bold steps and new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com Slash challengers to learn more. All right, the rest the auctionally only one more on the three up. Edward of Rodriguez struck out nine. He has been a strikeout monster this year. Against the Marlins, he gave up three runs. He's pretty inconsistent, though. Do you are you comfortable with him as just at least a streamer because of the strikeout potential.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that you could probably roster him in twelve teamers, and you know, the matchup was really nice for him. So I was recommending him like all over the place the other day. But I don't know that he's somebody that I trust for all thirty two starts. I think you kind of got to pick and choose your spots then a little bit.
Speaker 1: I kind of agree with that on the down ToJ Bradley. He was hit up six runs, five and a third against the Yankees with a loss. Tanner Biby gave up six runs and five and two thirds and a loss of the Orioles. Jordan Hicks, also not super great, gave up five runs over seven innings of work. Let me ask you this, who are you more worried about? Tos Bradley or Tanner Biby? Not asking you who is necessarily better, but your level of worry is higher with which one of those pitchers.
Speaker 2: Might be a little bit higher with Biby like that, There's been really nothing encouraging. Strikeouts are down, walks her up, he's giving up a fifteen percent barrel rate, stuff his way down. There's there's not a lot to really be encouraged by so far. He's kind of alternating between good and bad starts to this point. With Taj, I still think there's a lot more there. The strikeouts have been pretty solid. He's always been a little bit shaky with the command eight percent walk right previously. He's at ten percent this year. I think if I had to invest in one or the other, it would be probably Bradley. I think that's it.
Speaker 1: I feel like it would have gone the other direction if people were answering that. I think the strikeout potential, I don't know. I'm really torn. I think it would be I think it would be Byby, but Bradley's really still interesting with the strikeout potential. But this has just been inconsistencies that I'm just not sure one hundred percent by. On the injury front, Grayson Rodriguez was scratched from his schedule bullpen session on Thursday. Oh double ooh, I don't I'm not feeling good about that. The investment was already really risky if you were going to have him mid season. To me, that is at minimum probably two to three weeks more that's going to hold back and obviously can equate to even worse things. You kind of agree, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's dost like, so you're not getting value at him this year. I'm sorry. It's it's one of those situations where we're going to push this down the road and then eventually he's gonna have surgery. They're going to keep doing this for like a year, and then he's gonna have surgery.
Speaker 1: That's why he's not a friend of the show. But you know, friends of the shows have been in the hospital beds this week. Our boy DJ dj Hers was in there a couple of days ago. Justin said, I think he's having it today or tomorrow. So but Grayson not looking good. Mason Winn said to begin a minor league rehab assignment a triple A today. White Langford was yesterday, and Pablo Lopez is scheduled to make a rehab start on Saturday. So act to Zebbie Matthews, they just don't want to give us any Zebbie Matthews, let's do. Let's do a few more questions and then we'll get to our bets and the home run board to see what they got. You guys are plowing in the questions today, Van Rod, Jacob Wilson or Sworez. I guess Johannio Sworrez so power or con tact.
Speaker 2: Probably Wilson. For me, I really like Jacob Wilson. If you really need a power, I don't mind going with Suarez, though I think it's kind of team dependent.
Speaker 1: This one kills me. When you ask who are you most worried about? Then we mentioned half of someone's fantasy staff. Sorry, I know how that feels. Speaking of staff with the k upside thoughts on Dolander rest of season. I think I've been pretty transparent. I told you guys before he was called up. I know he's a Colorado Rockies pitcher, but I think his stuff and his talent is there. I think tonight is going to be a little bit of a nice challenge for him, but I think the k upside is going to be six to seven strikeouts per night. I think he can maintain lower eras. I think he is actually a Colorado Rockies pitcher to hold on to. But you know, you gotta be careful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of want to see a little bit more first, but I don't have any problem with that either.
Speaker 1: Well, Junior finish as a top three third baseman this year, so Ramirez would be one. Then he would have to and you got Dever's, Riley Machado at least, and then and then Jazz also. I think it'd be pretty tough.
Speaker 2: It would be pretty hard. Yeah, right now, where does he come in right now?
Speaker 1: Like, you can't have him above Machado and Riley right now, so he's already not I don't know if he's going to those guys and you still have Jazz endeavors who could pop back up. So I don't think so.
Speaker 2: To date, he is the third third basement if you're looking at the player raiders. But he's ahead of Riley, he's ahead of Jazz, he's ahead of Jose Ramirez. Right now, it doesn't seem likely to sustain. Do you think he'll be better than Bregmant the rest of season?
Speaker 1: Well, that's a good question. I'm going to still say no because I'm pretty I'm pretty big on Bregman right now in that ballpark, and it's still early, but maybe the possibilities are out there. Third base is pretty robust. Everybody but Viento's so unfortunately, everybody but Ventto's has been like really good, feel bad for that Ian happ or Tyler O'Neal.
Speaker 2: Probably Ian Half. He's just so consistent every year he never gets the do he's earned. And Tyler O'Neal, we know he's going to miss some time at some point, that's true.
Speaker 1: How long un till Bubba is up? I would say the clock ticks next week as a possibility, it might be a week after. I think they might. I think the pitch count is about where we need to get it. After this start, and then I think it could be any time after that. So I think the clock starts to tick if you want to stash maybe into this weekend. But I mean, I don't fully know WrestleMania or baseball. This weekend baseball always, yeah, I don't. I don't know enough about Joe would have said WrestleMania. We should asked him about that, but Mayor would hated that segment. But I don't know enough about wrestle I don't know anyone that's wrestling. I don't know. Is I think John Cena, is he in it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not Is Joe still around.
Speaker 1: He might still be in my house, he might be causing chaos, but he's not in here anymore. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: So I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about it is baseball for us. It is all baseball. You do your WrestleMania with Joe piece of p I think there's a cool betting video on Betting Pros as well. Joe did for WrestleMania, So go and check that out. A little side plug there, Let's go and do Joe the best bets of the day. We earned it back because I had a nice two and o day. Joe, I think you were one and two, but you were really good the day before. We were two and zero on the bets. Andrew Palante no strikeouts. You bet under four and a half and we hit the run line in the first five with the a's, so we're back up on it a tiny bit. You guys want to make some bets of your own, go and check out Sorry I'm doing this to your Cali, but you go and check out FanDuel Fantasypros dot Com slash leading off that you can use that offer of betting five dollars to win two hundred if your bet hits for news time new customers over on FanDuel. So what do you got for today? You've been just killing the player props. You've been loving that. So what's on your player prop card for today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I tend to go more heavy on the player props and I got to shout out the Betting Pros prop bet cheat sheet, which you guys can check out. You can sort by different filters, different odds and everything. It lays everything out for the day. You get the nice graphic on the screen here if you want to bet total bases hits Home runs whatever it is you can find, not what's the best value on the day and shoe heeyo. Tani at plus money for bases is pretty much an auto for me. I don't really get it. It's up against Jacob de Gram, and I was the biggest Jacob de Gram fan probably in the world coming into the season. But I'll be the first to tell you that he has really not looked great so far. I think he will turn it around. But getting plus money on two bags for Otani feels like a safe bet to make. Josh Naylor He's been absolutely on fire Welsh and getting him at the same number plus one and a half or excuse me, plus one oh five for one and a half total bases also feels pretty good. It's not a hard pitching matchup today with Colin Ray against him on the other side, so I'm gonna lean into the hot streak. He's Howard and I believe three consecutive games and love me a Canadian and Josh Naylor, so we're gonna take him there and then the last one Jackson job. I don't really dig the strikeouts. He just doesn't really rack up the numbers. It's usually two, three, four, somewhere in that range. He's going up against Kansas City today. They're a team that doesn't strike out a ton. I think last season they struck out less than any other team. This year they're about twenty one percent. And I think, you know, Joe may get to three, but I don't really see him going four or five strikeouts here. I'm just not really impressed with the strikeout ability so far this year.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, that's a that's a bold undertake there, the undertaker for Wrestlemandia.
Speaker 2: I like that me ericson.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm with I'm definitely with that. The Roads would be a tough team, and Job's strikeouts have been weird, but I don't know. There's also could be a Max Meyer one. But I like those bets in there. You know I was going to ask you just real quick, Jacob de Gram, Jacob de Grom's strikeouts are like five and a half. They're pretty low this week for a normal Jacob de Grom. There's no temptation if you think he's going to bounce back.
Speaker 2: Against the Dodgers. I didn't look at that line that what's the number you're getting plus.
Speaker 1: Five and a half. I think it's no, it's not plus money, but it's like five and a half. Last time I looked, it was like five and a half minus one ten. You know, pretty standard stuff. It's just the number is low. Like Cole Reagan's is like eight strikeouts today, So to go to six on to go to six on him as as a whole.
Speaker 2: Thing, Yeah, I think the Groom's going to bounce back, don't. I don't mind that number, but against the Dodgers, I kind of want to see him get right first, Like I am a little nervous. I heard something that Pollock was saying yesterday that he's locating his pitches really well and he's just kind of getting unlucky. So I'm hoping that that turns around today. But it's been rough. It's been very rough for mister de Gram.
Speaker 1: Now, I hear you. I am going with the strikeout prop today a big money play. The juice might be a little bit different right now, but JT. Gin four and a half strikeouts. He is going up against the Brewers today, who are a much higher strikeout team. Jtginn had like a fifteen k per nine in his minor league starts. He hit this number in his first start, and that was against a much tougher strikeout team. So I really like the potentials of this. Again, is pretty sneaky good stuff and you're getting massive plus money. So plus one thirty Washington first five money line back in McKenzie gore against the Rockies, Rockies against left handers, a little bit of run support as well. In favor of Washington, We're going just straight up first five money line. It's juiced up minus one forty. I don't want to play the run line on it. And then let's go Friday with a little bit of a hits parlay everybody. Let's have a little bit of fun. Three players to get one hit for the day. We got Corbyn Carrol, We've got Francisco Lindor and Austin Riley, all of them to register one hit. That bad boy is plus one twenty and funny, dude, the props on Corbyn Carrol, like total bases are two and a half, you can only do hits runs RBI at two and a half, he's been on base like crazy. I like him as our lynch Pin. I love Lindor's matchup Riley as well. So all these guys that get one hit. You're getting a little bit of plus money at one twenty. Those are my bets, those are Joe's bets. You guys can go over to Betting Pros if you want to follow us. We got the seven day free trials as well. You can check out all the premium tools. So go and do that. Download it follow the boys have so much fun. Let's go look at the home run board. I did not get on the board yesterday, Arico. I don't think you did either. We're all still kind of holding the board. Looks pretty similar to this week. We're all struggling, Wonky and I are still there. Doctor Glenn has moved up, Razor Ramone has moved up back into fifth place far out, and Marty in the lead at twelve. So congratulations to you guys. I don't think Piece of Pia has any so all is still right in the world. I know a couple of people still talking about it, but my friends, you guys can it's still under the home run contest with the premium discord. Or if you just connect your Amazon Prime account and get a sub here, you're golden mayor set that up where you guys can just do the home run contest, have so much fun. Get rid of ads here a Rico, where are you going today and your HOMERWN call?
Speaker 2: Going a little off the beaten path with Nathaniel Lowe in Colorado. I like what he's done so far this season. We've seen him hit three home runs. He's got a essentially a career high barrel rate. It was higher in the COVID season, but eleven point four percent this year, forty seven on the hard hit. Really, it's going up into Colorado against the young pitcher, and I like his chances to go yard today. A plus eight fifty if you're interested in the better market.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's a really I really like those odds. I'm going with Fernando. It's a little over two and a half. Bernando Tatis Junior going up against the Astros, but going up against I want to call this guy Rusty because Rusty Gusto would be the greatest name of all time. But it's not Rusty, it's Ryan Gusto U for the UH for the Astros. This is going to be in Houston. I really like that matchup. So I am going to go with Fernando Tatis for my home run call. Let's see we can do one or two more, then we're going to get out of there. Should I start res Musin today against Yankees?
Speaker 2: I would? I love them. I'm a big fan.
Speaker 1: I do too. The offense kind of worries worries all of us, I think, But I would Trenan or erseg.
Speaker 2: Oh Man probably Seg. It's we're talking saves plus holds the league. We're talking just saves, just saves. I don't think either one of them is dad valuable, but I think i'd go with there Seg.
Speaker 1: I think start just one job Boisneski or Shane Smith. Maybe it was an.
Speaker 2: Esky for me, wasn't esky for me as well? Yeah, Okay, there.
Speaker 1: You go, ladies and gentlemen. Hopefully you guys had some fun with the guest appearance of Donnie and Joe and the chaos of this I'm gonna eat this thing after I guess of the Canoli's and the fun We're trying to have a little bit of fun here on Friday. Hopefully we helped you out with some news on the Catel front, got you some good fantasy info, and set you up for a fantastic weekend of fantasy. Baseball. The YouTube channel is stock full of great stuff. We've had our trade and Waiver wire video. There should be three videos out there of the cycle. Even though Mayor has been very rude this show, I will still plug their great content on the Fantasy Pros YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB. That is going to help you guys rock through the week. And Joe Pizapia is back on Monday. He will take over the host chair. I can breathe a little bit more. Arica, you did a fantastic job as always. We love you. Brother. Errica is gonna be back for one show next week because I will be out for one. So for Joe Rico, you amazing audience. I'm the Welsh and we will talk to you next time. Right here, I'm leading off Fantasy Pros MLB.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB.