Speaker 1: It's time for Nina's what's trending looking back on this day five years ago in history, it was when COVID was born. I guess, not born, but it was declared a national emergency on March thirteenth, five years ago. That's nuts, isn't that crazy? And it was Donald Trump who declared it a national emergency. So we've had a whole nother president. And at least it.
Speaker 2: Feels like both yesterday and thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is that. I was still in school.
Speaker 1: I was debating whether or not to go out on Saint Patrick's Day or not. And then I didn't go, and all my friends got sick and I was like sucko, And then it got spiraled really bad. Yeah, but in that moment we weren't sure how bad it was. So five years ago already, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I haven't had it, really, I don't know. I believe that I haven't had it once, not once. You got tested when you get sick a million times. Of course, we were all testing all the time.
Speaker 2: I was begging for it at one point because I really needed a break.
Speaker 3: Wait, we all had it in the studio. I never got it. I was in the studio.
Speaker 1: I I was the one running everything at the studio.
Speaker 3: I also just realized something the other day. I had COVID.
Speaker 2: I don't know, sometime last year, and I did have COVID because I tested with one test and you know, it said COVID. I did it twice and it said that I had COVID, and then I got a different test, and then I was supposed to go somewhere and I was like, I'm still testing positive. And I tested positive for a long time. Like remember how long.
Speaker 3: Pretty sad it was. It was about like a week and a half, you were testing positive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I realized I was reading the test wrong. I was actually negative.
Speaker 1: Last year when we were going on that trip and you had it.
Speaker 3: So I don't know how long I was negative for.
Speaker 2: But I.
Speaker 3: Didn't read the directions fully.
Speaker 2: It had a C and then the T, and if you had like two lines on the C and the T, then you were still. But I thought because it had C is like COVID, you guys start it that.
Speaker 1: We all had and the rearranging that to a comedy.
Speaker 3: And I did that. Yeah, I did.
Speaker 2: I know I did, at least for a certain point. Clear it wasn't that long after forty years?
Speaker 3: How did you not know how to read it COVID test?
Speaker 2: Because I also remembering how does he still have COVID?
Speaker 1: I was so nervous after being around you, after you're saying it two weeks later.
Speaker 3: All right, anyways, Yeah, this is a very face racking I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: The trickle down from that, it is just what's cracking me up?
Speaker 3: All right? Moving moving on from that. It was nice to see the concern though from people. You know, tis like making your own death. Yeah, who cares?
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't really know how to move into the next story because it's actually kind of sad but also interesting because you may have scenes headlines starting to swirl all over the place on social media. So you guys know who Wendy Williams is, right, So she used to have her own talk show. She's been around for a long time, and she's known for having a big mouth and all of that.
Speaker 3: Where'd you go?
Speaker 1: Well, so she has had some type of health problems that started.
Speaker 3: To struggle with alcoholism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so four years ago she was taking although she stopped doing her show and she's got a conservatorship right now, so she's been staying in this assisted living facility where they've been watching her because she's been diagnosed with dementia and a phasia, and so she has somebody that's looking out for her. Well, she threw a note from her room in New York down onto the floor that just said help Wendy. So that's the part that everybody is starting to see that she sent a note out the window to try to get help.
Speaker 3: So she ended up getting escorted out.
Speaker 1: There was this whole thing where she's supposed to be on the show for the first time in four years. But the good news is and she's been testing and that she's been able to pass a bunch of stuff, and so the judge is willing to reopen her conservatorship right now. But how do you go into a conservator ship like they don't sound like great things like her?
Speaker 3: And then Britney Spears is if.
Speaker 1: You can't take care of yourself, and they can prove that, like Britney Spears wasn't able to take care of herself at that time, and Wendy Williams not able to take care of herself.
Speaker 3: So I know, kind of sad, crazy, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I also people take avantage of you it when you're in those situations like that's a mess up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So after seeing all those headlines, so there is good news there. It's just the note is the one that's been going viral and I'll leave you on it up, so.
Speaker 3: We'll go out on it up.
Speaker 1: So scientists have created a banana that stays fresh for twelve hours after opening it. What those only amount of time that they do that for avocados?
Speaker 3: Oh geez, that does not sound good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they say that it's not technically GMO because they say because they use the stuff inside of the banana, like they just were improving the different parts of Themide. No, they didn't add anything. They just re organ what do you call it? Thank you re engineered gmo?
Speaker 2: To me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get near a banana likely modified sounds.
Speaker 1: Like it right, But there's there's no foreign genetic material. They only used existing genes by disabling the ones that make it disabling.
Speaker 3: How do you disable a banana, Jean?
Speaker 1: If you can disable some type of gene or enzymes and stuff like that, you should be able to cure like all of the world's So they have modified the genes, so it's GMO, but also one hundred percent, Nina, Why are we doing this nonsense on bananas?
Speaker 2: Hey, bananas, there's no drugs that you can give them, Fuma can't make money, and bananas getting better.
Speaker 1: True, only when people who are eating the genetically modified banana skins, they'll definitely need medicine exactly.
Speaker 3: I went to.
Speaker 1: Avocado when I read this, but now this is definitely the bigger story.
Speaker 2: There's so many things that they could here, but they don't know it.
Speaker 3: So that was a lot of trending, but that is what it is this morning.