Speaker 1: The second date of day.
Speaker 2: One thing that we've learned doing thousands of these phone calls is trying harder on a date doesn't guarantee you're gonna get good results.
Speaker 3: Sometimes guarantees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Unfortunately, trying is the key to failing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what one of our listeners, Jimmy, said, happened the other night.
Speaker 1: He tried, and now he regrets ever doing.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jimmy, welcome to Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning where Dreams Go to Die.
Speaker 3: Say it again.
Speaker 1: We're putting it on our website. Jimmy, welcome man.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Thanks, my dream doesn't die here. Give me a shot. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I want to hear about your trying, Jimmy. Yeah, it sounds like you went in with hopeful attitude on this date.
Speaker 1: Who did you try for? What's her name?
Speaker 4: Her name is Erica. She's really nice, she's super cute.
Speaker 3: What about her made you want to try?
Speaker 4: We just we just a lot of the things they were looking for four happened to line up. I mean obviously for me, it starts number one, like am I attracted to you or not? So there was that, and then all this stuff just happened to match up.
Speaker 1: So you want to be attracted to the people that you date weird.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the strategy you want to go with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, wow so shallow.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's good. Okay, So what you said you tried? What does that mean? What did you do that was above and beyond?
Speaker 4: So I kind of blame you, guys. I listened to you guys, and I hear all these stories about people like trying something different, like, oh, we didn't just go to like dinner in a movie.
Speaker 5: We did this weird thing.
Speaker 3: We went like sky Do you ever listen to the end of those?
Speaker 2: It probably turns us off after two minutes like most people.
Speaker 3: He's like, that sounds like a great Are you realize why they're calling us? What was your big creative idea for a date?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: So first of all, we met out a food truck and I was like, I got a surprise for you. So we walked a few to a psychic.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh did you know if she I mean, some people have some real strong opinions about this type of stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess, so, I mean, I don't know. I just thought it would be a fun thing. My friend had gone to them and they had a good time.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I always want to walk in when I see those. I think that they're more expensive than I want to pay, though, but on a date if he's paying.
Speaker 1: What did the fortune teller do?
Speaker 2: Did they look in like a crystal ball or did they open up like a fortune cookie and read.
Speaker 3: It to you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, it was a tarot card thing. It was a kay okay, like a lot of my lady friends are really into that too.
Speaker 5: I thought maybe it might.
Speaker 3: Be So what was her attitude when you told her about the surprise?
Speaker 4: She was like she was surprised. She was smiling and thought it was going to be fun.
Speaker 5: I thought so.
Speaker 4: But you say I had no reason to be concerned.
Speaker 1: You say that it didn't work out for you. What happened right?
Speaker 4: Well? Okay, so they you know, reading the future and like the big takeaway at the end was that Erica and I were going to be a really really really bad match.
Speaker 3: Did Erica what does she say?
Speaker 4: She left?
Speaker 5: She last?
Speaker 1: She just agreed with the psychic.
Speaker 3: It's hard not to believe. That was like a little like, I mean, you know sometimes those people also like send something else that's going on? Are you allowed to ask why, Like are you allowed to say why?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: Are a good match? Sounds good to me?
Speaker 4: I wasn't particularly interested in, like.
Speaker 2: Did you offer to fight them?
Speaker 1: No, I'm a great guy, perfect match.
Speaker 3: Erica just like dashed out.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, She's not like I'm leaving. She was like laughing and it was awkward, and she's like, I gotta go outside, and I was like, okay, but I'm going to stay in here because I gotta like I almost gonna try to get my money back, right.
Speaker 3: Oh is that what you did four weeks?
Speaker 1: It out looks cheap.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a tarot card reading, not a wingman situation.
Speaker 4: On a date, like we're there to have a good time, and then like you're gonna give me that, Like you might as well say like, oh no, you better go home right now. Your dog's gonna die.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, like you needed to get the diss on a psychic down the road. How to tell this girl's sleep with Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: Like I said, I was like, what is this?
Speaker 4: She was like, sorry, the cards don't lie, And I'm like, maybe you could make them lie for this.
Speaker 1: I mean, most people don't know tarot cards.
Speaker 4: You could tell me anything and be like, oh, this is the joker, but it's.
Speaker 2: Upset, like this is the thirteenth moon of Geneva and I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what that It sounds like Erica was laughing, Like it doesn't sound like she was actually upset.
Speaker 1: Sounds she stormed out.
Speaker 3: He said she was laughing and she said, I'll meet you outside.
Speaker 1: Did you meet up with her after that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? She actually came back in to get me out of there.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, so you were arguing with the psychic over money and then Erica had to come back in and pull you out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The card that is way worse. Yeah, this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: This guy is not cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's your bad luck.
Speaker 4: Okay, and again, bad luck doesn't mean you're a bad person, doesn't mean you don't match.
Speaker 1: But I could see why that image isn't good. So how did this date end?
Speaker 4: I mean, we had a drink, but it was super awkward and then that was it and it was over.
Speaker 3: You don't want to stick with the cards and just let this lie?
Speaker 4: No, No, I would love a second chance. I would love that you have a Tarot card?
Speaker 1: Should we make it's a Tarot card? Reading? Do you have any training in this. No, I just have some crystal balls that you got to rub. No, those are different.
Speaker 3: Why are they crystal of them?
Speaker 1: Because a rubbing them now before we before, just like you the normal way. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, please don't.
Speaker 2: We'll do it the old fashioned Give her a call. See what she has to say.
Speaker 3: You go, Oh, I predict it's going to turn out great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's our psychic predictions.
Speaker 1: We're going to come back and do it with your second date. Update right after this.
Speaker 3: Date.
Speaker 2: You've probably been out on a first date where a total stranger comes up and just randomly says you two makes such a cute couple.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that is such a nice moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that happens sometimes, but probably not a lot of daters have experienced somebody saying, wow, you too look like a terrible match.
Speaker 3: Even if a lot of people are thank you about it, nobody actually says it.
Speaker 4: I know you're with.
Speaker 2: Them, I know Brooks uncle said that to her once. It's about her cousin because they look too similar.
Speaker 3: You're so dumb. I did not date my.
Speaker 1: Cousin because your uncle wouldn't allow it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was smart of him, but most of the time, you don't get the kiss of death via tarot card.
Speaker 1: On the first day.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, that's what happened with one of our listeners, Jimmy, where the psychic literally looked at the cards and said, this relationship is due.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is a bad tone for the rest of the night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're coming in with a slightly more optimistic attitude when we call Erica for him. Here, Jimmy, how are you feeling right now?
Speaker 5: I'm feeling all right.
Speaker 4: Let's see hopefully.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, man.
Speaker 3: That's you need to be more like I don't know, there we go. You need to be going into this.
Speaker 4: And jeff was rubbing his crystal balls for you very extensively. In between the break.
Speaker 3: He said, it was gonna What did you see in those The outlook is.
Speaker 4: Good, very good, Jimmy, all right, something telling me that's not gonna help.
Speaker 1: But let's just call and see if that helps too. All right, we're gonna call a Erica. Let's do it. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Erica this time.
Speaker 2: Hey, Erica, we're a morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey, and that means you're on the radio right now. I'm Jeffrey by the way.
Speaker 5: Oh hi everybody.
Speaker 3: Hi, congratulations. Big feature spot on our show today is that what we're calling.
Speaker 1: Maybe congratulations isn't quite the right word, but it might be.
Speaker 2: If it turns out you are still interested in the guy you went out with the other night named Jimmy.
Speaker 5: What I thought this was a prize giveaway?
Speaker 2: Well, and Jimmy is your prize sick a little teddy bear at the bottom of a claw machine.
Speaker 1: Get him?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I'm gonna exchange that price for something else, for like, what like a key shake.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we can do that. Why do you say that though?
Speaker 2: I mean, we know you're not calling jim back after your date where we're trying to help him.
Speaker 1: Figure out why.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this is Oh my gosh, it was so crazy. I don't know what Jimmy told you.
Speaker 3: Guys. Oh, but we'd love to hear your version of the night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was horrific. Okay, let me rewind. Yes, please, we went to a psychic to read our future.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what did you think when he because he said that he surprised you with that a tarot card reading? What was your initial thought on that?
Speaker 5: I thought it was weird and strange. I was like, why are we going to see a psychic? But I was trying to be optimistic, so I was like, well, let me go with the flow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that was his whole goal. Is he was just trying to do something new, unique. It wasn't something that he necessarily like believes like wholeheartedly in his soul.
Speaker 3: It's a risky activity to pick because yeah, and it doesn't sound like it was something you were super comfortable.
Speaker 5: With, right, And it's crazy you said it was risky because when we got there, like she was reading the cards and all of a sudden, as one car came out and it was called like the three of wand the swords, three.
Speaker 3: Of swords swords.
Speaker 5: Yes, like three daggers through you or something like that sounds.
Speaker 1: Good to me.
Speaker 5: It was horrible.
Speaker 1: It's horrible.
Speaker 5: It was actually horrible. It meant like something about portrayal and heartbroken.
Speaker 3: Oh, is that when the tarot card reader told you guys that you shouldn't be together?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she actually said we were going to be like really bad for each other.
Speaker 2: But do you feel like maybe she was just a little bit jealous?
Speaker 5: I honestly don't think she was jealous. I think she was actually pretty legit because when we first met, I got there, I was I was like nine, and I saw you and I was like kai, and I'm thinking, we're about to eat together. But he said to me like, hey, already ate, but you know if you want something, you can go get in a line.
Speaker 1: Oh are you talking about at the food truck?
Speaker 3: Yes, wait said he took you to a food truck, meaning that you guys ate together.
Speaker 5: That was what we thought, Well, he ate, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he before you.
Speaker 5: Really, before I even got there. And you know, I really thought it was so rude that he told me to just go get in line and go buy my own food, like on a first date.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it also could be like a show of your an independent woman.
Speaker 2: No, no, but I respect your woman, support yourself.
Speaker 3: Listen, if you're gonna take me out on the date, you're gonna feed me. If I am not fed, wait in line with me. Seriously, that is just that is super rude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't deny that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I had this gut feeling, but the tour reader she pretty much confirmed it to me. And even in there, it was like, I just rushed out of there, and I hear him still arguing with her about giving his money.
Speaker 3: Back, and I'm like, plus you were hungry at the time too, I mean, all of it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't help.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't know this, but I have a Tarot deck out in front of me, and I just drew the three phone calls the microphone. No oh no, I'm a pretty bad Tarot reader. And one of the phones must be Jimmy on the other line, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: You're joking, Are you joking?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not joking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Wow, Jimmy, it didn't sound good anything to say.
Speaker 4: I mean, the only thing I have to say is that I don't know what I did that was that bad. I mean, y'all are like the guy in the backgrounds like, and I'm like, what just because I didn't buy her the food at the food truck?
Speaker 3: Why exactly, Jimmy, why aren't you starting with I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: You don't see why, bro, But that would be a little upsetting to anybody on a day like you ate without them upsetting. That's a really good food truck. You should be happy, no manners.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I didn't want to wait fifteen minutes for her to get there so you can eat together.
Speaker 4: It's not a restaurant, guys, it's a food truck. You go in and go out whenever you want. We want like a five star restaurant.
Speaker 3: But why wouldn't you order food for Erica and have it like waiting there for her. If it's like your favorite food truck and you're like, you've got to try this, like, just order it for her.
Speaker 4: Because I used all my suping money on the psychic.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not that you no wonder you wanted to refund.
Speaker 1: Those psychics aren't cheap if you didn't spend money on her.
Speaker 4: First okay, but actually didn't even invite her to dinner. I would like, let's meet at the food truck because that was the place I know.
Speaker 3: So it's on Erica. It's on Erica that she didn't understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, Erica, he's not rude, he's.
Speaker 5: Just poor, honestly obviously poor and bad manners. Yeah, can you tell me we're meeting at a food truck. I'm assuming that we're having dinner together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, hey, meet me and old Garden at seven o'clock and then it's like, Okay, where.
Speaker 2: Do you want to be?
Speaker 3: Yes? What I mean, I think that's a universal like a.
Speaker 4: Right, next time we go out, then can we meet twenty feet away from the food truck.
Speaker 1: That's how the problem truck adjacent.
Speaker 3: And I like how we started this whole thing about how Jimmy put in an extra effort.
Speaker 2: But if you're willing to do that, Erica, then we would love to send you two out on a second date and pay for it.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely not, there would not be a second date.
Speaker 3: It sounds like Jimmy may still need the gift card though jeff.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he even wants it anymore.
Speaker 4: You know what I bet if I went to that psychic again, I bet she would poll a tel cards that tells me that I shouldn't have gone on that radio show because you guys have been no help.
Speaker 3: Someone else.
Speaker 1: Suddenly now you're on the psychic side.
Speaker 3: I thought, Jack, it was the three microphones.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey in the morning, all right, Well, obviously that guy was acting a little out of pocket, eating his dinner before his date even got there, and then telling her she's hungry getting line and buy her own.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not apologizing after he heard it recapped to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Was pretty heartless.
Speaker 2: But I don't know about the argument that if you asked to meet up near something, then it's assumed that must be your date.
Speaker 3: He didn't say near, he said at the top at the food trick.
Speaker 2: I think it's always yes, absolutely, at the bowling alley, you assuming you're gonna go bowling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Or let's meet at the bar. We're gonna get a drink.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, then I'm just glad that they didn't meet near a proctologist's office.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm disappointed that they didn't meet running the protologist. I can't decide how I feel that it'd be a good date plus health matters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well a clean date.
Speaker 2: It's a date that they're never going to go on because we didn't get them.
Speaker 1: A second date.
Speaker 3: But it just gave you an idea, it really I've.
Speaker 1: Got some reservations to book after this.
Speaker 3: Ladies texted, But you don't need a massage you ever.
Speaker 2: You ever need help with your dating life, you can always email that show, our show, that.
Speaker 3: Show that you like it, doesn't you are thinking about something else right now?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll help you. Help you call that person's calling you back. Go check out a podcast where we get you as a Brook and Jeffrey
Speaker 3: A brooking Jeffrey in the Morning