Speaker 1: Hey, what up. It's Gottlieb. This is All Ball. Got a special one for you to say, thanks so much for downloading. And the great thing about basketball is there's so many different parts of it that are like connective tissue. This All Ball was recorded on a Saturday night when we didn't have games. It's not yet the high school season and it's not yet the college season, so we had some time to hang out and just chop it up with a couple of people closest to my heart. My son Hayes Gottlieb, who's an eighth grader. My nephew, Gage Gottlieb, who's a junior in high school a La Costa Canyon in San Diego. Actually, yes, Candido and a good friend of mine, and Hayes, and frankly jere and Gage as well, JEREMYA Paulino who plays for Westcliff University. It's a NAIA school in Irvine, California. So you have I'm the old man, Hayes the young guy, and everybody and the other two are kind of in the middle of the high school in college basketball. All four of us love basketball in very very different ways. I would say that Jeremiah wants to be a pro trainer. It's his passion. Gauge wants to be a player at a higher level than Jeremiah is currently playing at. And he is an exceptionally hard worker. And then Hayes is kind of trying to figure it out. Loves ball, loves playing, likes working at it, kind of a late bloomer in terms of his growth, and so some of that can become a frustration. And I just thought it'd be a cool conversation to have and we can check back in once we get into the season. Per se right, high school season kicks off very soon in terms of practice in southern California. College seasons get underway in the month of November for ANIA as well as NCAA, and of course my job cranking up with college basketball and the NBA has already kicked off. So we had got a winding conversation. Some of it's about college, about basketball, some of it's about basketball in general, some of it's about life. And I thought you did appreciate it.
Speaker 2: This is all ball.
Speaker 1: Here's my conversation with Hayes, Gage and Jeremiah. Okay, it's our first edition Boys' Night Saturday Night. You're in the All Ball Pod. Okay. Joining me on this podcast is fourteen year old hair model. He loves rolling, fighting roller coasters, even though he's not big enough to ride most of them.
Speaker 3: I literally can ride every road.
Speaker 1: You talk, okay. Also joining us is another hair model from what is it LaCosta Canyon High School. Yeah, yeah, he's he's going the route of like, uh yeah, you're kind of like Michael Beasley, right, different school every year sort of deal, right, I mean you think about it, if you if you go postgrad, he'll do five and five years potentially, so we'll see if you last. LaCosta King, the Great Gauge Gottliet joins me.
Speaker 2: M m.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then red shirt freshman at Westcliffe University, which we're told is a real school and it has real classes and real degrees, but it just doesn't seem like a real school. But he is a real point guard.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: He's what a true point guard?
Speaker 1: That's my boy, He's a true point guard. Jeremiah Paulino. Jeremiah Paulino. Okay, boys, so here's what we're gonna do. Okay, each of you, if you want to give a take or have a or you want to have a topic you want to get to, you get one basketball and one non basketball. Okay, one basketball and one non basketball. And you got to keep in mind if you're listening to this podkay, Heyes is fourteen, Gauge is seventeen, Jeremiah is twenty one, about to be twenty two. So there's a lot of shit that they don't know, but they think they know everything, as most people do when they're fourteen, seventeen and twenty two.
Speaker 3: No, we don't.
Speaker 1: Well, Gage knows a lot, but it's all anything he's read or seen your members. But you know, he's only been on this earth for seventeen years, so there's just things you don't know. Okay, let's start with Jeremiah because he's been asking me to do this pod since I first met him. Right, and as you can attest Hayes when I when I asked Jeremiah, whatever, whatever topic you want, and he always said, Hayes, what he said, Basketball, that's a cool topic.
Speaker 2: We're not coming on here just to roast me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's a deep, deep topic. Okay, So what is the topic you would like to get to, Jeremiah?
Speaker 2: What what are some things that make a great point guard.
Speaker 1: To kissing up, kissing up to the host, kissing up to the hostel kissing up to the host, will do? Is that really what you want to talk about? That's really a topic.
Speaker 3: Let him let what wants to talk about.
Speaker 1: I under stand, but I do think there's a portion of that where he's like trying to play into my wheelhouse. That was a point guard, right, and so like just.
Speaker 2: You bro, like you said, you said that.
Speaker 4: Guys, you know, our age don't know everything, but we think we know everything.
Speaker 2: So why not learn from the guys.
Speaker 1: But the idea this is a free flowing Okay, So how about this? Who's the for you? Who's your favorite point guard playing basketball?
Speaker 2: Favorite point guard right now? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I would say either Kyrie or I really been liking Jamal Murray as well.
Speaker 1: Jamal Murray. Okay, I'll come back to you, Hayes, who is your favorite point guard playing basketball right now?
Speaker 3: I like Shay I think she is a good point guard.
Speaker 1: But Chigils Alexander also also.
Speaker 3: One more I like to say. Jaylen Broun says, you.
Speaker 1: Know, okay, j okay, Gage Gottlig.
Speaker 5: I also like Jylen Brussel a lot. Also Darius Darland. I like him a lot too.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll go back to you, JP. What about what about Kyrie do you like best? In terms of him as a pointer.
Speaker 4: It's more on the offensive side than his creative ability, just him being able to make plays with the ball in his hands, and then just him being older, starting to like hit the end of his career, kind of end of his prime where he's able to kind of like make plays and start being more of like a playmaking before he gets to his like.
Speaker 2: Bag, If that makes sense. I think he's thirty thirty something, you.
Speaker 1: Guys, I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna get thirty two.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think the answer thirty one, thirty one, thirty one, thirty.
Speaker 1: One final answer, yes, and then thirty one years old.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 1: He's thirty one, but he's what i'd call an old thirty one right.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: He only played one year in college.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: He's had injuries literally every year. Right he had he broke the tow in college. He's I mean, he's basically been a mashing it. The knee injury was a bad one because that was in the NBA finals his first year with Lebron and he had that mesh put in, and then he had a screw in that mesh that ended up getting infected. And so that's why he missed the postseason that first year with the Celtics when they went to the Conference finals without him, because he had to take that screw taken out hat that meshine taken out anyway, So he's kind of an old thirty one because he's had a lot of injuries. But okay, and then who is the other one? You had Kyrie and and.
Speaker 4: Then Jamal Murray. I was going to get into that as well, like just like on the other side of the ball, like him being able to just be in the right positions on defense, like being able to just I don't know, I just like the Nuggets defense last year.
Speaker 1: I don't think was particularly good defensive player.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: I hate to break it to you, he's just.
Speaker 2: I Q wise though, like just being able to understand where he needs to be.
Speaker 1: And I like him as I like him, but I would I would just say he's not a great defense. Matter of fact, if you remember the NBA Finals, the little or or even the against the Lakers, the little success the Lakers had it was attacking Jamal Murray a lot like they attacked Steph Curry, right, kind of same thing. Put him on an island. He's you said, Jalen Brunson and Shaye, what is about Shay's game that you like?
Speaker 3: Well, actually, you can start with whoever you want, all right.
Speaker 6: So I like Jalen Brunson a lot because I feel like he's like he scores a lot differently than other guards his size, and I think that's.
Speaker 3: Kind of cool.
Speaker 6: He's actually really good off the backing down and he's a great one D one player. He knows how to pass the ball when he needs to m And I just feel like I get to study a lot from him when I watch his clips because he's teaching me things that I don't see in a lot of other point guards.
Speaker 1: Okay, Gage Gottlieb, you like, what do you like about Brunson? Oh, kind of the same things, Hey said.
Speaker 5: I think it's it's cool that like he's like five or eleven six foot wi shoes on operating in the post against like seven footers and cooking hot.
Speaker 1: So okay, So you asked JP about all these point guards, and the one thing you have to you have to respect is that the game has evolved, right like the way the point guard position was in the eighties and seventies, when you were just a facilitator, you did have to be a score. I mean, look, Isaiah Thomas was a great scorer. Jason Kidd was a decent scorer, but a great passer. Magic Johnson could score, but also as an incredible passer. It's much more of a score first position. You'll be a score every position, and especially if you're a smaller point guard, you'll be able to shoot at least, but then score some because you know they're going to attack you on the defensive end. If we're breaking down all of these guys, Jalen Brunson would be the only guy I would say, like, that guy is a real point guard. And maybe this is unfair to him, but were unfair to the others. But to be considered like a whatever you consider a true point guard. I don't think it's about scoring averages as much as can you function well on and off the ball. If you're a function well off the ball, then you're not really a pointer. Sometimes by necessity you have to play out the ball. I'd say, Jalen Brunson, you got to be able to run a team, get a team into your stuff. And if you look at what how they're using Shade this year, they're going to use him off the ball like he had. He had a really good quote I think this week where he's like, if Michael Jordan can play off the ball, I can play out the ball. Ye, Kyrie looks like a point guard, brings the ball up like a point guard can if he wants to pass like a point guard. But I don't know, that's a tough sale for me. And I love his I mean, I love his talent. He may be the most talented guy to ever play the position. It's talent, Yeah, I mean he I had a conversation once when he was in the Celtics with Brad Stevens and Brad was like, I was like, Brad, how come he doesn't pass? He's like he can pass. He's a great passor he's the best passer I've ever had.
Speaker 5: He just.
Speaker 1: He likes to score. He's always kind of been a scoring guard. So I mean, look, look, I think most people would consider it. I rea point per se, but on that team, lucas their point guard. On the Lakers, the Bronze their point guard you know, I mean all these teams, man, I think that's gonna be The interesting thing with Dame going forward is I think Gianni is as much their point guard, although late in games obviously they're going to run through Dame because he can shoot. But what I love what I love about Brunson and Hayes knows this. I think you guys know it is He's not the fastest guy, but he gets wherever he wants to get to. It's I've never seen anything like his ability to get shots off. Like you said, Jay Cook, dudes in the post, in the mid range and you don't know how he I don't know how he does. It's really remarkable.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 6: What do you classify as a point guard? Because you said Lebron to get.
Speaker 5: To Yeah, I mean, like you said, true point guards. I thought Darius Garland is a good example of that. Like in today's NBA.
Speaker 1: Is Darius Garland true point guard? Isn't he a shooter? Oh? He's like a He's like a Dame Lillard right A little bit. He don't do as much. So okay, I mean, well, I don't think there's many true point guards in the NBA, at least as starters like TJ. McConnell's a backup that kind of. I think Jalen is probably the best Truish point guard. He still scores about twenty two game right. You know, it's it's hardwork with with with Lebron. But like when the Lakers need to run something, they Lebron has the ball, brings up the courts. That's hi up. So I don't know it. It's just it's an evolving position. And I think what you gotta do is you got to play to your strengths and then you have to find a coach or a team that will build a team around you or put you on a team where those strengths fit. I don't know if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: To you, guys. I think that makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: How many times who's going to touch their hair more? Tremiah Hayes or Gauge?
Speaker 2: Gauge is his hand still in his hair?
Speaker 1: They both really liked their hair a lot.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you might, but I honestly, like when I when I was growing up, like just being a Celtics fan and stuff like that. I know you guys hate me for that, but.
Speaker 1: Who hates you hates you?
Speaker 2: What? Because because the Lakers fan. I'm in California now from Boston.
Speaker 1: I'm not a Lakers fan.
Speaker 4: You weren't, no, okay, all right, whatever, but just growing up and seeing Rondo, like you know that just Rondo was just the definition of just a true point guard.
Speaker 7: And yeah, Rondo, Rondo is probably the last of the dying breeds of guys that couldn't score. But again, but like, okay, so we take Rondo right, they put him, he had four Hall of Famers around him, and when he didn't have the ball, oftentimes they would put him in the dunker spot because he couldn't shoot, but that way, but he was a good enough finisher where you could throw it to him and you couldn't just clog the lane off of him.
Speaker 1: So it's really interesting. I would agree with you, like Rondo's kind of the last non shooting point guard to win an NBA championship or even be on you know, viable NBA championship caliber team.
Speaker 2: Studying his teammates, you know, just doing the little things, you know.
Speaker 8: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: What makes a guy not feel good about himself?
Speaker 1: That's a thing can cause you a lot of confidence. Like look, I'll say for myself obviously, like I lost confidence in my jump shot when I was playing, but I've lost conferences as a guy, you know when the things are going to be hard at some point in your life. You know, you'll lose a job, you'll lose a girlfriend, you lose a wife, you lose a relationship, you lose a house, a car, you'll lose a deal that you try to close it on. And yeah, right, no, that was that was pretty traumatic. Brand new e bikes got stolen by some tweaker. Okay, so this is like what one and a half or two and a half years ago I got. I got the same e bikes I have now, And it was literally like the day after Christmas, Yeah it was. And so Hayes, you know, Hayes, like, I want to care, Let's cut some candy, Let's take the e bikes, get some candy. So we ride the CBS and I had yet to purchase locks, and Hayes knew how to do it. So I don't know why I came in the store, but We parked the bikes right out front in the little bike block sort of area, and then he was taking a while and I was sure he's going to buy up the whole store, and so I went inside to help him and we came out and one of my e bikes was gone, like literally had it for forty eight hours. And then we put it out on next door. We put it on Twitter and Hayes's I was really upset. I was more upset with myself, but also that like, and I know, Hayes just kind of lived a sheltered upbringing, but I just he's a The one thing that Hayes has some really good virtues. One of him is he's a really pretty honest person about stuff like that, Like you would never take something of this belonged him, and just seeing that, like it's like a violation of you, you know, the real world that people steal ship right in front of you. You just got it as a gift. And I think you saw how upset I was. Yeah, that was it. That was a tough one.
Speaker 4: Now, can we get like into like the reaction and respond thing that we talked about, like we like a couple of weeks ago, Sure, like just because we talked about ourselves now, like you know, and we give some advice out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So hey, I'm gonna give you a scenario and you and and you tell them what your advice would be. Okay. So let's say you're twelve years old, okay, and what's been one of the hardest things in your life?
Speaker 2: When you guys divorced.
Speaker 3: It was something I had to come to realize that everything happened for a reason.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how do you how do.
Speaker 6: You advice would be the instead of because I can relate to this lots of times when one thing goes wrong, people always want like to get away from it when one thing becomes hard.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about what about when you're a kid and your parents split up. What is the advice you would give to a twelve year old boy?
Speaker 3: One thing is you just got to keep pushing through.
Speaker 6: Also say little opportunities and the good things rather than that they split up in the bad things?
Speaker 1: Did you did you always? Did you always do that? Have you always done that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I just I would look at the bright side of things I have in my life that I'd say lots of the times that when I when you guys divorced, that I still have two loving parents, even though they're not as correlated to each other as they are now. I still have two loving parents, and I still have roof over my head, and I still oh, you know, it's notice. It's nothing like, yes, we don't live all together anymore, but I would say that I get a good amount of time spending with both of.
Speaker 9: You guys, So I like it, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But you get.
Speaker 5: Oh with me, it's different because like I lived with my mom for two years and then I decided to move out to Arizona with my dad last year, and then we had to move again because Rolake switching job.
Speaker 1: But why did you why did he switch shops gage to be closer to the rest of the family. So I mean it makes sense, correct, I mean the one thing, the one thing, and this is this goes to Hayes's point, Okay, is that it's really important because I know it's been really hard for you to switch schools again, like you were just getting to where you had a good setup with him at GCU and and you know, playing a lot more in Arizona, whether your team was good or not. It's always better when you're playing. But listen, but you got to play. You've got great experience, and you improved a lot, and you were the best looking at your high school. I was okay, But the reason he took the job is only there's two reasons, and they're your sisters, you know. And the thing that, like I can tell you from my side of it is like, it's so hard. Hayes is right down the street. When he's not with me, it's still hard.
Speaker 2: That was because that kid.
Speaker 1: I slept next to that kid for four years straight, literally said, in the same bed as the days for more maybe more than four years. And before the I slept next to him, I had laid in his bed to help him fall asleep every night. So what you know, what you guys have to realize is yeah, you have two incredibly loving parents, but also like, hey, we're going through some stuff too where we're like we miss you. And so what I'm saying, I understand made it harder on your life to get it. And you had a great set up at GCU and everybody loved you there and it was great, and it's hard to restart that reform that and San Diego is bigger. It's hard to get to the jam Center and work out.
Speaker 8: But your dad, your dad did it.
Speaker 1: Your dad did it because he wants to be a better dad to your sisters, and that's like an honorable thing. So okay, So the question is, how have you dealt with that? How have you dealt with three schools? What's that? What's that?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: Three schools in three years?
Speaker 5: Well, technically if we want to get if we want to get technical, it's five schools in five years.
Speaker 9: But I mean three different high schools.
Speaker 5: Like so yeah, I've seen it more as a blessing, Like I get to meet way more people, like.
Speaker 1: Just knowing more people.
Speaker 5: I'm like a people person, So I mean just like meeting new people is really cool to me, seeing like how different people live their lives, how it was different in different regions, Like I don't know as places I lived, and like so many different experiences based on.
Speaker 1: Where it is. So you didn't have, like Hayes talked about some of the emotions of of me and his mom breaking up, what about you, You didn't have any of that negativity, not as.
Speaker 5: Much mainly because like so as my dad as a coach, he's always like he was always out of town. It was usually like during the season at least, it was a lot of the time just like me, my mom and my sister is just in the house chilling, you know, doing what I ever. So like to me, it didn't really like affect me that much. I would say, it was just kind of the same as normal.
Speaker 1: What about what about when you lived with your dad last last year and your mom you didn't see your mom very often? It was okay because, like.
Speaker 5: I mean, me and my mom were close, like not as close as me and my dad, but still pretty close. And I would still like FaceTime with like every week. And I feel like she felt like that was enough for her. She understood why I moved out with my dad. It was mainly for basketball reasons, you know, just get to train with my dad all the time. And also because, like I mean, since I'm so close with my dad, it's good to like be near him, you know. And she thought, like my first high school, San Clementary wasn't like a great fit for me too.
Speaker 1: What about you, Jeremiah.
Speaker 4: My parents never really got married, so basically it was me when I grew up, it was just basically just being with one at a time, not really being with them as from from what I remember, I don't remember them being together at all really, so it was more like, you know, you're just kind of just with both parents like one at a time, and I didn't really understand it until like probably maybe a couple of years ago, and just like understanding like that you have to appreciate like every little thing, you know, just mom my mom working a lot of jobs and just trying to put food on the table for like kids, and just feeling like I had everything, like everything was perfect, Like you know, i'd get McDonald's after school, and you know, it just feel like you had the world given to you, but you're not understanding until like you're older, and like.
Speaker 2: Seeing how much he actually went through behind the scenes, and.
Speaker 4: Then just being with my dad just like you know, he's really he was really strict with me, like just on the little things like being responsible or.
Speaker 2: Like if I get in trouble in school, like I had to write on a paper. I don't know. He was really disciplined with me, and I feel like it helped me. So like my advice to like younger dudes, just you know, always respect your parents because you never know what's going on behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Bad. Now, what would your advice be to people of the older age.
Speaker 1: I actually think there is some good advice for that though that I've learned, probably the hard way. It's actually Jeremiah's advice, only in reverse. See what happens is you start worrying about yourself, right, and you're trying everybody tries to. When you get to be an adult and you get to be my age, you go see a psychologist or a psychiatrist, or you go see a life coach whatever, and they always talk about you know, you talk about fixing you and getting you back on track, which is important, right, it really is important. But what you have to process is that, like everyone around you is going through some form or effect of what you're going through. For example, okay, so and Hayes, you can tell me if I'm wrong on this. I mean Hayes and I from the time he was probably three years old up until he had two houses, we would get up every morning and do something sports together. Right when we Turvine Newport, Westport, we lived on the beach. We played baseball every day. When we had the house at the tennis court, we do hoops or football every single day. We moved out here. We played baseball catch every day, even during COVID. We shoot hoops every day, or go surfing every day. Literally, I mean I could probably count on two hands how many days we didn't get up and go do something.
Speaker 3: That's sure.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, right, So then so then again. So point is though, that Hayes, when you get to be older, you think about yourself and you're like, man, I got to get I gotta feel better. You start reading books, you start talking to people, you start thinking about yourself. Meanwhile, you know there was a period of time where I couldn't get you to do anything or and you would be angry towards me. And I didn't know why. I didn't understand it because I'm like, oho, yo, bro, we're good. You know, we hang out.
Speaker 3: This is what we do.
Speaker 1: We serve, we play tennis, we play ping pong, we do something every day kind of together, right, And it ends up building up some sort of resentment or anger because in the adult's mind, you think, I don't have a problem with Hayes, he don't have a problem with me. We're good, right, But it's Hayes reacting to the issues with his parents, causing him to be angry, disconnected, and part of it was it was just a very different lifestyle. And I'm sure part of it was, you know, there's you have that you have things going on your life. Again, my point, though, Hayes, is just like Jeremiah said that as a kid, you've got to realize the adults are going through some shit that you may not think about. As an adult, you got to realize the kids are going through some shit.
Speaker 2: That you may not realize. That makes sense that that's so true, right because.
Speaker 1: We all again like it's like the it's like their girlfriend thing, Hayes, Like if I didn't know, like when I walked in that day and you had your you had your issue right, and when when you had your little deal, like your whole body language was different than normal, Like I knew something was up, and I would be like, what's up of Hayes. But if I didn't ask you, or if we didn't have a good enough relationship or hadn't talked about it enough, then I wouldn't have been able to it's called it empathy. I wouldn't have been able to EmPATH ties with you and try and help you.
Speaker 3: And I'm grateful that the opportunity to talk to him a god about these things.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, when we used to wake up and do something that I had the opportunity to like do things because lots of the times people because I.
Speaker 3: Grew up, I grew up on the more fortunate side, like a lots of people do grow up on the side. Aren't grateful enough for that?
Speaker 6: Because I think about that every time because I have relationships with people who aren't that, and relationships with people who are greater than where I'm at and less than enough.
Speaker 1: Perfect example, perfect example is this, Okay, for example, is your best friend that you played fast for with his mamba, right.
Speaker 3: Anthony?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Anthony a Marico aio. He's the Mexican Mambakay.
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: He couldn't play this weekend because he had to work his dad. Okay, he's fourteen and he might be still thirteen, okay, and he had to work with his dad. His dad has his taco stand, but they also do catering and the job is too big and he has to work all weeknd Like that's a real thing for people who really have to work and really have to help out the family business, you know, and the difference is that he would do anything he could, like he would if you could schedule eight am games, he would play it, and he would grind and he would work. So the issue that I would have with you is I love that you are grateful for it, but it's how do I provide for you these opportunities? But then you have the same sort of I don't know what the word I'm looking for is, like tenacity and grit to be a grinder even though everything has been handed to, opportunity has been handed to where others.
Speaker 2: Had to work for, take an advantage of what you have.
Speaker 1: Correct, you got to take it, manage that. You know what you have is you don't have a lay up ahead of the field, right, but you got the ball mid court and everybody else was at the free throw line, you know, and you got do you want to drive and lay the ball in or do you want to fuck around with it lose it at mid court while everybody else races past you. That that's that, But anyway, that's the kind of addition to it. I have a question for you, guys. Let's lighten this thing up. Okay, what is the greatest What is the greatest cereal?
Speaker 2: Of all time. Oh, I already had it. We had in the in the kitchen this this morning. That's all I know.
Speaker 1: So that's what happened to cinem Intel's crunch all. I mean, what the fuck is Youremia coming over? That's like crack cocaine, like to the dude. What I'm saying that?
Speaker 2: That's my point.
Speaker 1: That's why it's the greatest cereal of all even it doesn't matter how he eats it. The fact is he eats it, and you ate the last semintoast crunch and you didn't say, hey, hey, dude, we need some cinnamato CRUs You know how many times eating You're missing the point, Hayes. Is he Is he getting the point? Is he missing the point?
Speaker 2: I didn't know you were coming.
Speaker 9: I don't know what the point is.
Speaker 1: You didn't know he was coming. Hold on, hold on, hold on. You didn't know he was coming. You asked me last night. You asked me last night.
Speaker 9: Pause, big pause, big pause, Oh.
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 1: Pause. You didn't know that he was going to stay overnight.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: What's what's the proper response?
Speaker 2: He's missed the point though he didn't get the point.
Speaker 1: He didn't miss the point. Heyes, got the point you just said him.
Speaker 9: The point is is the greatest is the greatest.
Speaker 2: That's the point, thank you, thanks, not the point the point.
Speaker 1: Listen, you are then you're all entired to your wrong opinion. But I like it. You're all entitled to your wrong opinion.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I should have saved some for Hayes.
Speaker 1: No, you don't have to save any for anybody. But if you if you know everybody likes the cereal, and you eat the last bit of the cereal, okay, the two things you're supposed to do are one, throw it away and the second thing is replace it.
Speaker 2: What do you mean replace it?
Speaker 1: You want advice for kids from an adult perspective. If you borrow somebody's car, return it with a full tank of gas. If you eat somebody's food.
Speaker 2: Greg didn't do that to my dad.
Speaker 9: Still know that first one?
Speaker 1: Then he's a cheap ask Greg.
Speaker 2: Didn't do that to myfucking That motherfucker was on.
Speaker 4: Last bar.
Speaker 8: Damn uh.
Speaker 1: Closing statement. Okay, we have closing hot takes, sports hot ta. Everybody gets one hot take, one sports take go get on your own device. One closing take. Let's start with gage count.
Speaker 9: All right, my hot take for sports, the thunder are gonna be a top four seed in.
Speaker 1: The West this year. Okay, Jeremiah's laughing at that, laughing at that top four seed in the last Jay, what's it happen? Why do you think that?
Speaker 9: I think the Funds won't stay healthy. They'll probably be like they'll be in that four or five range.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's the Clippers.
Speaker 5: Clippers, they also won't stay healthy. Pelicans, Pelicans, They're not gonna be able to put it together this year.
Speaker 1: Lakers, Lakers.
Speaker 9: Lebron's carrying that team at he's damn near seventy years old.
Speaker 1: So uh, timber Wolves, Tea Wolves, they're gonna trade Cat.
Speaker 5: I hope they trade Cat then they have a better chance. No, I've always just do my thought for my thought four it right now is going to be the Nuggets, the Thunder. I think the Warriors are going to be good this year again, and then I'll go Funds my last pick there.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for listening. Obviously, we went to some places that I didn't know where were going to go. But the beauty to organic conversations that they're just that and I hope you I don't know I actually learned a lot about all three of them and about what goes on in their brain and when you become a parent, and when you're around kids and players for long stretch at the time, you start to really get interested in what makes them tick. I hope you appreciate it. Thanks to Hayes, Gage and Jeremiah for being so open. I'm Doug Gottley. The Doug Gotley Show roles every day from three to five Eastern twelve to Pacific, plus we have an extra podcast hour which is a no holds bar. It's still sports talk, just like a sports talk radio show, but you know he concurs and go along and have interesting discussions, et cetera. I'm not Gotlie. This is all bung