Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this year end episode of Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, yeah baby.
Speaker 1: Hi Miles of Jacky Jack. Hey, So this is the episode where I learn the most every year. There's this whole world happening on TikTok that I am world as a psychological experiment, not because I'm washed as a psychological experiment. I just keep myself in a sensory deprivation tank from TikTok so that I don't know anything until this very episode when we bring on some TikTok drenched members of our team to come on, tell us what has happened and hear me go wait what yo?
Speaker 2: Or stuff like that, You're in good hands because I know between my very narrow things, I like, you have one between I mean I have one. I mean I'm scrolling my for you page a lot, but there is a couple of things that I'm I was like, I think this will be interesting to Jack because it kind of intersects with many different things. But we also have our esteem executive producer sup producer Catherine law here, who.
Speaker 3: Is also holding it down.
Speaker 2: Also also the originator of this show from the thirty six Chambers from Okay, we got our very own but obviously now working on many fantastic shows.
Speaker 3: Producer Becca Ramos is back.
Speaker 2: Belongs to the world now, Yo, we're merely the soil from which these magnificent things grow. And also our wonderful, wonderful superroducer Victor Right is in the building.
Speaker 1: To oh my god, this is a genuine surprise. I had no idea.
Speaker 3: Here what you're doing here?
Speaker 2: And also shout up producer Bay who's in the wings. So Jack, I know you, don't you always talk about how.
Speaker 1: Is a complete mystery to me. Yeah, there's a lot of apple, now, Okay, there's some things. There are words on here that I've heard of. I know what a lake is, I know what it means to be spooky, but I don't know why Spooky Lake Month is here. I don't know why I went Adam Sandler there, probably because I'm very old.
Speaker 4: Halloween Spooky Lake Month, you know.
Speaker 1: So the one thing that I am most intrigued about, because this is one that Miles you keep talking about, uh, and everybody else is like, oh yeah, well Miles like, well, I'm kind of into this thing, and everyone's like you would be, and I'm like hah, yes, and I'm trying too hard. Obviously, I'm trying too hard. Miles, tell me what dark fantasy is.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is I think this is interesting because dark fantasy is like this whole genre of video where people are using AI.
Speaker 3: To just create these surreal.
Speaker 2: Fantasy worlds, sometimes out of whole cloth, other times to sort of like give a twist on existing sort of ip that we are very familiar with. So I'm gonna give you a first taste of an AI slopped dark fantasy video that essentially kind.
Speaker 3: Of gives you an idea. This is. This is what I'm looking at when dark fantasy.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 5: Okay, you said it and you played the music, and I was like, I know this, but I don't know what Miles is talking about. As someone who's too chronically online, I'm like, what the fuck is dark fantasy?
Speaker 3: But then you see it.
Speaker 2: And you're like, oh, this now, yeah, because a lot of people do do memes like they parody it and they're like, this is what it looks like to be a woman and a dark fan, and.
Speaker 3: They're just kind of doing like weird AI.
Speaker 5: Like dark fantasy, uh, crime drama, and it's like right, and.
Speaker 2: It looks like shot on yeah film, and like the prompts they use I think is probably like like seventy millimeters panavision lenses. Like the prompts are pretty dialed in to give it this look. So anyway, Jack, this is a quick peek into like sort of your bass foundational dark Fantasy video for those at home. It's basically a lot of weird creepy shit like a court gesture and dragon and other stuff here.
Speaker 3: It is yeah, oh I like that.
Speaker 2: So they're just these kind of still moments of things that look like dungeons and dragons, like stuff dungeons and dragons. Now it gets weird when people then start doing their version like this is Dark Fantasy's toy story. This is Dark Fantasy toy story, where now you're getting so again all of these are like they look like human beings, but they're now fully looking like Woody or buzz Light here, and they all use the same music too.
Speaker 3: For the most part, it's like.
Speaker 6: If Woody was like the Ballad of Buster scrugs.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, exactly.
Speaker 4: I don't like this.
Speaker 1: Everybody has energy, yeah, yeah, because it's lifeless with a little bit of movement.
Speaker 3: Now that's toy story. And then this one is snow white.
Speaker 2: Again, this kind of gives you an idea what people are just really after is just seeing all these I don't know, this one is.
Speaker 1: Like a bit of a different aesthetic. Everybody looks a little bit Hotter's the real out of all of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's what I'm like.
Speaker 2: It is interesting too because then you see these other videos where people are like these are the most dark fantasy esthetic movies you need to see if you're missing dark fantasy, and they're like, watch Labyrinth, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When I was a kid, I like went to a friend's house and they were watching I think it was Labyrinth, and it like me up, I was like what is this? But like they were just watching it like it was fucking home alone or something.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: But there's also I think, just like an aesthetic nostalgia I think for this like Look, that obviously also feeds into a lot of people like really like I think that's what kind of pulled me in.
Speaker 3: Its like oh yeah, I kind of like the film Look.
Speaker 2: I think also draws a lot of people in and out, like have you seen Jason in the Argonauts?
Speaker 3: Like Okay, if that's an entry point into that. Then then great, yeah, it's.
Speaker 6: Very it's giving Kroll yeah, if you're remember Krull.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nick col Nick Kroll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nick Show Yeah, and Victor, you're also you fuck with the dark fantasy too, he said, yeah, you know, I'm in La Girly, so I'm smoking the four twenty every once in a while.
Speaker 7: And the kind of dark fantasy that, the kind of dark fantasy I always land on when I'm I'm high, is the the caption is always You're faded, which mythical creature is going to cook for you? And it's always like the water making samp or a minotaur giving you steak or shit like that, and it's the exact same, like dead eyed thing, but there's also just delicious food steam coming up.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the nostalgic film and TV version. Okay, so you have culinary dark fantasy.
Speaker 5: And education no exactly different your for you page can get, you know, because I feel like the only dark fantasy clip I got was a snow white one on my for you page.
Speaker 4: I feel like I've vaguely gotten.
Speaker 5: Those or like they're always like eighties crime drama vibe, like they're like, oh, yeah, the detective, you know, having to go after and solve the case, but his marriage is falling apart.
Speaker 4: Those are the ones I'm getting.
Speaker 1: You know, the Miles because he's a sick fuck is like, oh here you go here, why shovel this shit?
Speaker 3: Indie, You're in a panavision.
Speaker 4: It's always the same music.
Speaker 3: I know it, like you already know the genre, already know.
Speaker 8: Some AI thing is like, you know, doing that, like the ever moving like face thing, I don't know, just.
Speaker 2: Giving you slight movement. They're like it is kind of video. Yeah, you're moving five inches.
Speaker 7: I saw one it was like Breaking Bad in West Rows where Walter White the Alchemist, and I thought, for a second I thought it was real people, but then I noticed only the lips were moving and nothing else was going on. I'm like, oh, what a weird fucking thing.
Speaker 2: There are other ones with like Triple X Tantaciona, or like pop smoke, like in Heaven but looking like for Matt Miller, looking like Heavenly Warriors.
Speaker 5: I have to scroll past a lot of them because the uncanny valley iness of the AI really does like trip me the fuck up A lot of times. I get really scared I'm like, no, no, no, this is is not real and I don't like it.
Speaker 3: What else is confounding you on this list? Jack?
Speaker 1: Confounding me? I mean, one thing that's me is that I saw somebody said that counting county is like becoming more like getting a more everyday language usage, onto which I feel like I've noticed a little bit in the rest of the world, in the non TikTok world. So I was intrigued to find this out.
Speaker 3: Should I play the video? Who or who's setting this up?
Speaker 9: I was the one who added this, but I think we can play a little bit of these.
Speaker 6: So this video is from these two twins.
Speaker 9: One is Game, one is straight, and they have a c little podcast together and it is called.
Speaker 2: Two Uh here here are the boys from Twinyendo.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what does that mean?
Speaker 10: No is like woman, it's so film, it's so like boss bitch. I can say of saying like like, oh my god, that was She's such a girl boss. That was such a girl boss move that we don't say that because you can buy that in hobby lobby today and picked up my kids and Piper gave me a test that she got a ninety eight on and she's really excited, and I should have said, you little.
Speaker 1: Test, that's right.
Speaker 5: No, No, I thought it was going to be a clip that was like I think it's from drag Race and he's like, no, that's good.
Speaker 9: Like that one become like a catch all, like that's very sexy, that looks great, And I feel like the Irish have had this for so long. You've been able to say this willy nilly, and now finally.
Speaker 1: I say to a child, what the Irish?
Speaker 5: And like, if you're in the queer scene, like this is like commonplace.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it's everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's like the very predictable, like uh, you know, black gay, drag queen culture making it to mainstream language pipeline and then you're like, oh now everyone everything is.
Speaker 5: That's how I felt watching that clip. I was kind of like, Okay, really, these two dude to me what it means to use the word, you know, like it were so common, explain to other white dudes of hunt.
Speaker 4: Exactly, like you already have charisma, uniqueness, nerve, talent, exact job people.
Speaker 5: I can just say it worse and now you can say it. Now we can all sit on this.
Speaker 6: That's cut on a work.
Speaker 3: Zoom Jack just said you we cunt.
Speaker 7: Yes, Brian, I'm very scared the next earnings call. These numbers are cunt.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The downloads are so cut right now. I mean he's using that.
Speaker 2: That's how you use it, all right, whatever, dude, this diet coke is cunt.
Speaker 3: All right, we're.
Speaker 1: Fully using it incorrectly. Okay, I'll bite What is a trauma candy.
Speaker 6: Salad when you want to handle this one?
Speaker 4: Okay? I love the trauma candy salad. They have gone really wild, some of them.
Speaker 5: I'm like, who take a breah, Maybe let's offline and go directly.
Speaker 4: To a therapist's office.
Speaker 5: But basically, you get a bull and you buy a bunch of fucking candy, and then you introduce yourself every time you pick a candy important the bull. But you go like, hi, I'm Becca, I brought the sour patches and immediate trauma dump and you like literally just like dump the most traumatic thing that's ever happened in your life except most people who trauma dump and the trauma dump candy bull. It's like the most dramatic thing that could ever happen to one person times ten, because there's ten different moments that they're describing, which I love because I'm a gossip queen.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: She's also like to the max love listening to a trauma dump. But some of them, I'm like, I'm concerned for you, genuinely.
Speaker 3: It's okay. Jack and me also a trauma candy salad. Here we go.
Speaker 8: Hi, I'm Selby, And I got married and had two children with a man who was disabled, and took care of him and nursed him back to health, and then he left me for his coworker, and I brought Gomi closers.
Speaker 1: Julie.
Speaker 5: And when I was thirteen, I dated and man that was twenty four and then whenever we got caught.
Speaker 4: He killed himself on my birthday. Oh snow cats, see what I was saying. It's real. Prompt straight to the therapist office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, you are. We meant to believe that, like all of these happened to the same person.
Speaker 6: No, that they happened to each of them, So they're.
Speaker 1: Right right right? Yeah, ye, like for real? That Oh my god, was like, holy shit, dude.
Speaker 4: And then it gets worse. Jack, So it's the.
Speaker 1: Worst one out.
Speaker 4: You're like listening in their life store and you're like, how could it get worse?
Speaker 3: Well, let's find out.
Speaker 8: And my most recent boyfriend actually just I had to break up with him because he went and cut off a friendship with.
Speaker 5: A girl that I already got cheated on with him another relationship. And Hi, I'm Julie and my eggs crashed his car and tried to kill me in it, and I brought sour cars.
Speaker 3: Jesus, Oh real three real.
Speaker 4: It gets real, real, real fast.
Speaker 5: But I think that's a great example of how TikTok is a place that people just kind of seem to forget that it's still the Internet and that's still your digital footprint and you really are traumadamming and millions of strangers every day. It's like how the story times have gotten crazier and crazier these days. And I love the comments that are often like they don't happen on the traumadam candy salad. But sometimes on a story time people will be like, I miss diaries, you know, I miss secrets because some.
Speaker 4: Things people share.
Speaker 5: It's just like maybe that wasn't for hit go, you know, like maybe maybe we got to remember to scale it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's remember, let's remember.
Speaker 7: I have a question, and maybe Becca or Catherine can answer. Do they like eat the candy in the bowl because they're mixing nerds and like snow caps?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: Show them eating it?
Speaker 1: So famous? The rock he just shows you the food and never eats it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like candy mixing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I kind of feel like anybody who like the person who's bringing the nerds gummy clusters. That's always the mic drop of the whole list, because that was the best one.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that's also the best, the best new candy.
Speaker 1: I would say, I love it, Yes, too good. Should we take a quick break and we'll come back.
Speaker 3: Take a quick break and we're back. We're back.
Speaker 1: And there are some of these that I probably, if you gave me enough time, could have predicted myself, such as sea shanties devoted to cyber trucks.
Speaker 6: This one isn't I want to play?
Speaker 1: Those? Are those two groups overlap?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 5: Isn't people like writing sea shanties about their cyber trucks.
Speaker 6: It's more about like how shitty cyber truck car?
Speaker 3: Oh good?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: So they're using Yes, they're using the language of of TikTok songs to then take a dump on the cyber truck. Let's hear this one. This is let's see this one. Does it have a title? It's called no man, this is a good one. Someone just this cyber shanty is killing it.
Speaker 3: Let's hear it.
Speaker 4: You know I wasn't dead. I don't mean dad wont to be.
Speaker 11: And when I grew up, so when I got old, said I'll go.
Speaker 4: For bold and brought me a cyber truck.
Speaker 3: A it gives me manly failed.
Speaker 6: Its suddenly my magic cyberwheels.
Speaker 1: And they're performing this while driving behind a cyber truck like in a wild which is.
Speaker 4: Like, came up with that on the fly. Probably incredible work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like it.
Speaker 2: That's a theater kid's dream. They're like, I got this, watch this. Let me just bang on the fucking dash real quick.
Speaker 3: It cuts me. It's ugly as fuck. Yeah, beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a real I never know, like just a sad feeling. Every time I see a cyber truck, I'm like, man, yeah, every time I see.
Speaker 4: What, I'm like, I can't believe you're real, Like you're not just like a toy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I s someone yesterday.
Speaker 9: That was legitimately like diarrhea Tupe Brown, and I was like, what is the choice?
Speaker 4: Someone actually trolled wrapped cyber truck here in New York.
Speaker 6: I can kind of get behind mass.
Speaker 3: You know, it's weird.
Speaker 2: I've recently seen more women driving cyber truck. I've like the last three cyber truck drivers I've seen have been women. And before I was just jumping to the conclusion that this was some you know, crypto brange like Elon Musk.
Speaker 4: Maybe they're maybe their weird dad gave them cyber trucks.
Speaker 1: Right right, all right, some things that crossed over that we probably don't need. I don't think I need to have explained. It made demure we've talked about, and Demure a real crossover from the world of TikTok Uh Chapel Roon. I mean I crossed over into the dang Saturday Night Lives.
Speaker 4: Proud of my bitch, love her, seeing her live incredible.
Speaker 6: Were you a pre Coachella chapel fan?
Speaker 4: I absolutely fucking was. I've been here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a huge thing. I always see people saying like, you wasn't there before Coachella?
Speaker 2: So is that kind of what everybody kind of like, that's how you demonstrate your chapel credit is like ro I was on that ship before April.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like because I was actually following her for years during COVID, she really was going, I mean not she was going. She became independent during COVID because her label dropped her and so she was really trying to get shit off the ground by herself. But also she was going through a lot of mental health stuff, Like she was very vulnerable on her TikTok talking about her bipolar diagnosis and like lots of stuff, and she kind of used TikTok to like cope with all of the stuff, like the world and everything, and so she was like releasing all her music on TikTok. She like went through the process of like making her making it naked a Manhattan video and my kink is my Karma on TikTok.
Speaker 4: And so that's like when I hopped on the train. So that's probably like twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: And then I feel like Coachella is like though when it was like but it was a beautiful definition of like a true slow burn, Like making art doesn't happen in a day, like being viral, you know, takes years in the making right, Like it's what you do with that viral moment, but like the the I don't know the gravity of your talent is beyond the viral moment, Like you will sustain beyond if you are actually talented.
Speaker 4: And she is and I love her. I saw her at ACL it was incredible, Like I will see her again.
Speaker 6: I think you're totally right.
Speaker 9: She is that like ten year overnight success where it's like we're all just found out about her and the world just found out about her.
Speaker 4: But yeah, she's great.
Speaker 5: But she got signed at seventeen, you know, so she's been making music and.
Speaker 9: We have all the tiktoks from like the last four years or however many years before she got famous, like before there was this huge lens on her and so it's.
Speaker 6: Like we kind of feel like we know the real her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, Like she had the song of the Summer Pink Pony Club. That song was new and it really made her famous, but it was wild too. That is like a good The first story you learn about her is that she turned in Pink Pony Club and her label was like no thank you literally and dropping such a fun fuck out get out of my office. Yeah, that song and It's.
Speaker 5: Very interesting to listen to her music before Pink Pony Club because.
Speaker 4: It is more I feel like sad and dark. Can rapt be.
Speaker 5: Its soulful because it's interesting, probably with the label pushed her to be there, like well you have this really like belty deep voice, Like why don't you do something like in this like kind of like indie like rock genre. And it is kind of cool to see when she became independent how different her music had changed into and how receptive people were because it was like more organic to what she wanted to make.
Speaker 4: So I'm proud of Chapel.
Speaker 5: It's been really cool to watch her blow up and like people should respect celebrities. I think like TikTok has creative fandoms that are scary, and not that Twitter didn't already do that, but I feel like the boundaries are like gone now, which we've talked about a lone culturess and stuff. It's like boundaries are just it's scary.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I mean I remember that's when I first really kind of paying attention to her, because when she was really being Adam and she's like, dude, the second my life starts getting weird because people pulling up on me like it's a rap, and I was like, I know it.
Speaker 3: That might.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's pretty difficult to do.
Speaker 2: But the fact that you are that aware of it and are eating your personal life and your family like as sort of sanctified, I thought was very That's not a thing you hear often where they're like, I don't need it that bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah. People are mad that she's like internet savvy, Like she's not like someone with a team that's like, oh, you know you should post like this or talk to your frands like this. Yeah, she's like, I've been here, I built this ship from the ground up and I'm a slip on potengeries And I'm like, you go and.
Speaker 3: You can shoot my face from both sides.
Speaker 9: Yeabsolutely, But I feel with Chaperone, with Juels Lebron of Demura Fame, with things like all of us saying cunt now at work, you know, it really goes back and proves that great wisdom from Samantha Jones of Sex and the City, to paraphrase, first come the gays, then comes the girls, then everybody.
Speaker 1: Absolutely Samantha, and last the forty something white guys.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody tell me about TikTok. All right, last year it sounds like Springsteen. Yeah, she's got.
Speaker 1: Real billy Joel vibes, and that's what I think is cool here. Really Okay, so back to some things that did not cross it over into my uh TikTok void brain Show me to me, Rachel.
Speaker 5: You say, Okay, I really thought this happened last year, and I was texting me about it and I was like, I didn't put this on this because I could have sworn, But that's right, that's a brain rot I feel because I'm like, I'm so on the internet, like flipping new trends.
Speaker 4: I'm like, is when did this happen? But anyway, show me to me, Rachel.
Speaker 5: It was very funny because basically this girl had like seen this meme on Twitter or something basically saying that Jesus had landed like like the world, like he was a real person and that someone had a photo of him, and and her mom is like.
Speaker 1: Second, yeah, and like her land with one knee down and.
Speaker 4: Literally yeah, something like that.
Speaker 5: And then her mom was like, show me to me, like she was so excited to see that Jesus was real that she was like like she couldn't even say show it.
Speaker 4: To me, Rachel.
Speaker 3: Oh, so her circuit shot fried and it was like on some like, I want to go to their kind of ship.
Speaker 6: Yes, this girl is fully trolling.
Speaker 12: Jesus was seen where Rachel, Oh my god, show me to me.
Speaker 4: Please send it to me.
Speaker 12: Rachel was literally seen in Ohio. Please send it to me. No, yes, please, Oh my god, Rachel one, this was terrible.
Speaker 3: She is crying for the Lord.
Speaker 4: Oh don't do that.
Speaker 3: So dah.
Speaker 4: Incredible work to be that.
Speaker 8: Work.
Speaker 1: It is truly some nasty shoot me, shoot me.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that's how she was going to say it.
Speaker 2: I thought, wow, wow, okay, now I'm seeing all the lip dubs to the Yeah, okay, yeah, that's a winner.
Speaker 4: You don't know the power of Jesus Christ. Like, all right, you're right.
Speaker 2: This wouldn't be a proper Daily Zeitgeist episode where we're discussing videos.
Speaker 3: Somehow Jesus Christ's name wasn't. Again, the streak continues, Bratt I was aware of uh.
Speaker 1: Defying gravity lyric. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Brat Tea went viral for being brat What's my little weenie dog?
Speaker 5: Chacha went viral for being bratt for Halloween Like she was if you know New York Nico famously a New York reporting account things that happened in New York. He filmed her at the Fort Green Fort Ween Halloween like parade festival for dogs Orlando. Made my my partner made the Bratt costume, and yeah, she looked incredible.
Speaker 1: Wow. What happens when you go viral?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 4: Like do you get money when a couple of brands reach out to send her stuff?
Speaker 5: Oh, she would received the things, but I think they didn't reach out, but they did reach out.
Speaker 4: So that was lip.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was brat.
Speaker 5: That was And then every time she barked, people were like, well that's Brat. So because I'd be like normally, because she is a loud and annoying, mean creature, she very feisty, she will just bark at everybody and everything. But that day she was allowed because everyone was like, well, that's part of her costume. She can't be Brad, She's gonna be nice. Literally, they're like, yeah, so overwhelmed taking her around like the city like Brooklyn, Manhattan, like people were like stopping me, like I feel like I was taking pictures, No more pictures please, the crowd.
Speaker 1: Like such a hard city. Uh really loves a cute dog that.
Speaker 4: Has been a little neon green box.
Speaker 1: All right, we don't know if it's a trend, but I've been told by the doc that you guys compiled that ASMR has gone from being like a thing, like a weird thing where like look at what people are watching. So now it's just kind of like bled into like just people are kind of making it part of what they do. It's just like a an accent that other people are speaking in a little bit.
Speaker 6: Kind of how I feel it's evolved.
Speaker 9: Like you'll see, you know, at least on my feet, I've got beauty influencers and they're clacking their nails on their foundation bottle.
Speaker 4: Right or like well you're right, yeah, that's definitely part of the culture now, right.
Speaker 9: Or like cooks, you just hear like the glog glug glug of the olive oil, like tinkle tinkle, Like it's just like it's part of the video rather than like we're just like listening to someone chew food into a microphone.
Speaker 1: Yes that's a thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I watch a lot of subtle ASMR, like cooking, like or like cleaning the a lot of the Korean skincare girls will do that. They'll like it's like all you can tell the sounds are added in as they're doing their skincare.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and like this one that I think Miles is about to play is like, this is the one that speaks to my soul, which is people ordering unhinged drinks at dunkin Donuts.
Speaker 6: They're like, twenty sugar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sugar, this is splendor.
Speaker 3: This person's hands.
Speaker 6: Oh just wait for it.
Speaker 4: Oh, just wait for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So they're putting that looks like at least seven six packets a splendor, but it does have a nice like wait, what is that sugar?
Speaker 6: Sugar?
Speaker 3: Oh ship sugar.
Speaker 1: On top of blueberry?
Speaker 3: Blueberry vanilla? Blue vanilla?
Speaker 1: Is that a thing on TikTok as well?
Speaker 3: I don't know about.
Speaker 1: This is this is diabo, but yeah, there is kind of a nice Oh my god.
Speaker 3: You're just there.
Speaker 4: Is just giving me a heart.
Speaker 3: Oh how that is threading. It is viscous. I just all ice. It's just ice.
Speaker 8: After that.
Speaker 4: No coffee coffee literally.
Speaker 1: Yo, no third coffee, two third, absolutely sugar pludge.
Speaker 2: Okay, just so you know, for for those who know the exact order, it's a large ice original coffee, eighteen French vanilla shots, four coconut shots, three vanilla shots, two toasted almond shots, two blueberry shots, four splendor nineteen sugar and a little bit of skim milk because I am healthy.
Speaker 1: What try it at home?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Don't Yeah, yeah, Or you're gonna fucking see like streaks of light like you're on the fucking Millennium Falcon because you're going into some kind of.
Speaker 4: Immediately rot, you know, like the sugar hits, and it's like.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's like Quentin Tarantino ads like foot fetish ship. It's like you could go to wiki or you could watch this art film and also feat experience.
Speaker 6: You know exactly what I was thinking, Jack.
Speaker 3: Right, They're exactly.
Speaker 7: I never thought of these like pouring drink videos as asm harp, but I'll get like local liquor store tiktoks. They're like promoting a makeout home cocktail ship where it'll be like a buzzball, a shot of great like a mini like Gray Goose or something, and then they will add like the little bit of Google Google.
Speaker 5: Yeah that sounds yeah, exactly, And this is a great example of all the different for you pages we have my great skincare Dunkin and Victors the local uh.
Speaker 1: Local liquor store glug glug video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, could I get some local liquor store glug glug video please?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have just I have so much dancing videos. These are people doing the electric slide in the.
Speaker 3: Zara, right, some of the videos I have served up to me Right.
Speaker 1: Now, guys, this has actually been too much TikTok for me, So I'm gonna have to leave at this break. But yeah, Miles is the elder. Educate him and he will put it in the context of boomer ass filmmakers like Quentin Tarantino.
Speaker 3: This actually reminds me of Spielberg in some ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, briskly Brian de Palmer vibe mixed with like Frogger the video game.
Speaker 7: But yes, Sunset Boulevard, this dunkey video.
Speaker 4: You mean it's not like.
Speaker 2: Ship We'll see all right, Jack, Well, all right, you'd be good, be safe, Miles, good will.
Speaker 1: This has been a lot for me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna this ship all right.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break and we'll be right back where now. I'm gonna ask some questions bye, and we're back. Okay, this is one that when I saw y'all put this on here, I said, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: What is cucumber gay?
Speaker 4: Okay, I actually didn't know this one.
Speaker 6: This don't be a cucumber gay.
Speaker 4: This did not hit my fit.
Speaker 9: This was all I saw for like the month of September. So it's this cute kid who.
Speaker 6: Lives I think in Korea.
Speaker 4: And hey, now I know you're an American, and I know it's called.
Speaker 3: On Becca.
Speaker 2: You just knew if her a description of this is a white guy who lives in Korea, he said, oh, I know who you.
Speaker 4: Talking about it because he makes a lot of Korean dishes.
Speaker 5: And I remember seeing the comments for years, people being like this little white boy be really cooking that grand food.
Speaker 6: Uh huh wait and you know too, now yeah, wait.
Speaker 13: This is the motherfucker who acts like he's coming up with Asian food recipes. No, No, he's like authentically like like cooking Korean ones where people are acting like this shit is the I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think I look at.
Speaker 5: Sweet, kind of shy white guy who like it, has like this very deep admiration for Korean culture and like cooks very authentic Korean food and like Koreans of the comments are like, you cook it like better than my grandma, looks like like that is the vibe I see.
Speaker 9: I take you on a trip to his local like seven eleven where they have all these delicious foods, and he'll bring it back and.
Speaker 3: Cook it like it's how come?
Speaker 2: How come cucumber gay as a descriptor or like the thigh I took off, So so.
Speaker 4: Hopefully that's what I by for you.
Speaker 9: Page said that he was called because he went super viral with these videos of sometimes you need to eat an entire cucumber, here's the best way to do that. And he'll do all these different recipes where he puts a cucumber in a little plastic thing with different topics, shakes it at not but of course set up, and then he has like a delicious slurpee treat.
Speaker 6: At the end he slips the cucumbers.
Speaker 4: So there's that.
Speaker 3: I didn't you know what I think may have happened.
Speaker 2: I feel like I saw this video like in a vacuum that didn't explain who he was, where he lives, or any of that, and it came off as sort of like outrage kind of shit of like Asian like this dude like, yeah, we know, Like, why am I getting my recipe from you?
Speaker 3: Was sort of the vibe. I saw a commentary around it. But this makes sense because because the internet just does that kind of shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's see his recipe to understand that there's like a thousand that I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Do it saying your entire cucumber.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got a mandolin. So I saw so sesame oil, some chili crisp vinegar, an entire graded garlic.
Speaker 12: Clove, some sesame seeds, and some MSG.
Speaker 3: Obviously, yeah, you gotta have that.
Speaker 1: It makes it so much more flavorful.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 4: Make sure you shake it super well.
Speaker 1: I need this right now. I'm a little underweather. I think it's gonna cure me.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know. He and Creed he got the metal chop you got the steel chopsticks.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I feel like he went viral because of the mandolin and people started trying to use the mandolin because of his recipe, and then they kept cutting themselves.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, there was that too. He had to start saying, you're cutting device, and.
Speaker 5: Then people were just like and he was also like, this isn't my fault. That you don't know how to use the mandolin. He's like, I can tell you you had to use the mandolin, right, Yeah, I don't want one for a reason, Okay, because I don't trust myself.
Speaker 4: I got nails.
Speaker 3: You got to respect the mandolin.
Speaker 5: And I'm not good at chopping. It is my least I'm a very good cook. I would say chopping is.
Speaker 4: Like my least good skill out of cooking.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, did you know is your knife sharp enough?
Speaker 4: I think that's part of it. I think I definitely don't have knice enough knives.
Speaker 3: Dull, well, just dull adult knife will slow you the fuck down.
Speaker 6: And it's also technically more dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you put more force.
Speaker 4: So I definitely need to, like go.
Speaker 5: I was in Manhattan the other day and there was a truck that like, you could bring your knives to, and this guy was just professionally sharpening your knives in a truck.
Speaker 3: Every farmer's market is like that. In La there's always a knife sharpening dude at the farmer's market. Yeah, some of them.
Speaker 2: They fuck it up though, And I'm like, yeah, you're like, my nice, You're not like grinding me a new set of house keys.
Speaker 3: Bro, Like this is like a bespoke knife I got from Japam. Please don't fuck it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see what's one that we haven't gotten to that you feel the listener that we should get to regardless of my ignorance.
Speaker 9: Ooh, I think Beca, you have to talk about your weird memes, your soft music memes.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, So I feel like I'm the only person these are like targeted for my brain, and I feel like specifically kind of like when Victor is bringing up being really high and watching the dark fantasy videos, this is my being really high, and I get served these videos and they are just like these compilations of like super weird gay memes and like played against like Lana del Rey and like other weird soft kind of music and none of it makes sense. And it really is like you have to be chronically online to like understandings going.
Speaker 3: On all the visuals.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, okay, because I'm already. Let's just see, uh and whatever the title is, Dinner with the Cushioners.
Speaker 3: What why? Okay, Well, let's just see. I fully believe Diddy killed Tupac.
Speaker 12: Like pregnant money on.
Speaker 3: Us kid, Then.
Speaker 4: Like I was present.
Speaker 13: I cannot see Carly wearing it anywhere honestly, like not even to dinner with the ushers.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, hold on yo, this is this, This is like so wild. We have one person who is that in the first quote, jeff Star. Oh that is jeffree Star. Okay, yes, saying I fully believe Diddy killed Tupac. Then just you're hit with all kinds of visuals. Who's the dude in like the tow like Las Vegas tank top with like a blood pressure cuff.
Speaker 5: Dad, like in the in the in the jail cell or yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know what this is, but basically he's asking if he's if.
Speaker 4: You could get pregnant.
Speaker 6: There's this guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was like a guy who wound up in prison and he was just like being very sassy. He's like, I don't really want to be here, and she's like, I'm sorry you're in prison. He's like, but I'm not going to be here. It was just like very sassy for a long time about being in prison.
Speaker 1: I think it's just jail.
Speaker 2: That's the Las Vegas show where they just show all the people they like arrest on the strip. Because the guy is wearing like a Tao Las Vegas tank top. But it says like Murio Mayhem, like as if he's like maybe on like a family like yeah yeah, where everybody's wearing matching tank tosks and maybe he went too hard at the daytime pool party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, this makes sense.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you love those bunch of these memes, like these meme compilations, yes.
Speaker 5: Because that one creator makes a ton of them, But like I also could serve other creators who make these weird meme compilations.
Speaker 3: And that creator is called Champagne Mommy just for people who.
Speaker 4: Love your edits.
Speaker 5: But I get so many of these fucking weird editors And every time my partner's like, what are you watching?
Speaker 4: Like he his end of the internet is so different from mine.
Speaker 5: We couldn't be more different people when it comes to our consumption of the Internet. He's like, I don't understand any of this, and I was like, you're not gay enough. Sorry, Like it's just it's true, like it's very gay, weird culture, all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: But it's funny though too.
Speaker 2: How Like on TikTok that the whole sort of like here's a compilation of things that are sort of like loosely tied together, yes, but like but still kind of brings something. I was there was one that like last year that like got me and it was like it was just so sentimental and it was like, I think it was called like Hope Core.
Speaker 4: Was like, so, my boyfriend is on hope core.
Speaker 5: He loves hope core see, and I'm not on hopecore because I can't be crying like that.
Speaker 4: I gotta be lad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like a t yeah right, I definitely get served like some Hope Core things. A lot of like just people like fucked up like in public kinds of other stuff with the hope but again, like it's interesting how like in the language of TikTok, it's all it's kind of similar.
Speaker 3: It's like we can slop together. You want to hope?
Speaker 2: Are you more like are you kind of a Paris's burning vibe? Let me give you something like that. I gotta find the Hope Core went because it's it's just like the first line that like I was like, oh my god, and I don't know why I got so manipulated emotionally by it. Oh here it is this shit is well okay, here, this is like again Hope Core, which is just make meant to give you hope, but that's what you're into.
Speaker 3: This is just the beginning of like a hope core video. Saw that on the phone.
Speaker 4: No do you when you grow up? What do you want to do in your I'm going to be adopted? How much do you want to make? I gonna make? Think's like the same editing Soyle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then it's just like sort of coin oled Scatzi kind of stuff where you're showing like the world moving too fast and how we've like completely lost our connection and it's just like.
Speaker 3: That one kid being like how much do you want to make?
Speaker 2: He's like, I want to make people feel okay, And then suddenly, as an emotionally repressed man, I'm like, fuck.
Speaker 3: Bro, I'm letting it all out on this one. Bro, choose this one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then I love it when people were like Ken like gang, no, I fuck with Hopecore.
Speaker 3: They're like, hey, bro, what's not your fyp? Oh no, bro, what the fuck is it?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 3: My girl was using my phone. Dogs. That's probably how the Hopecore got on there, you know me, Look at this one. This dude's sea walking Catherine. What's one.
Speaker 2: I know you you were calling out Becca's, but what's one for you that we must share with Zaichang?
Speaker 3: And for me because I don't know much.
Speaker 6: This is less of a trend and more of just like a really interesting thing that happened this year.
Speaker 9: So I followed Brian Jordan Alvarez, who's a queer Latino creator.
Speaker 6: For a long time.
Speaker 9: He does like just like silly characters that he takes very seriously and they're great. But last year he sold a show to Hulu and that show is English Teacher, which I just watched.
Speaker 6: It's great, it's.
Speaker 9: Very fun, so fun, very funny. And he was like it was like having trouble, you know, gaining traction. And so the New York Times actually just wrote this articles that said to promote his show.
Speaker 6: He became a meme.
Speaker 9: So he started doing this dance to this clip that's kind of from Gilmore Girls. It's like a weird show within a show in Gilmore Girls, but it's with different music than in the original thing. And he like does this little dance and he now posts it like ten times a day and all of them have a zillion views, and now English Teacher is like a hit show.
Speaker 4: Well it's not.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that was the originator of the like the dance, but then he's now posted like different challenges. He'll just dance to.
Speaker 4: Them, but like like shirtless every day, yeah, like.
Speaker 5: Multiple times a day, Like the one that was like I guess maybe this is the show of the show. And I didn't know because I don't watch gum of Girls, but it's the meme that was like, what are you gonna do for my daughter? Yeah, and he's like, this is all I have to offer and.
Speaker 4: Then it's like cuts to the song.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 13: And then I like a weird little yes, okay, so let me see this video because in the dock.
Speaker 3: With someone making garlic coffee on on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Oh well that's Diane.
Speaker 1: We like her.
Speaker 6: She's an Australian.
Speaker 3: Was like, this ain't sick talk.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he dances shirtless. He just like basically like he like the second is like this is what I can offer her. He like takes off his shirt and then he just starts dancing. So he did that at bajillion times. And then now the Grazy Abrams song.
Speaker 1: That's like.
Speaker 4: I can't think, I can't think.
Speaker 5: But the Grazy Apras song, the one that's like I made it alive, I yelled it from a coffin. So anyway, he's like soulfully like look at the camera, look like looking so sadly looking, he's gonna cry. He's just like yeah, and then he just starts running and taking a shirt off. And then he's like running away and dancing and like it's like a new version of his old meme.
Speaker 2: Okay, this man, I feel old at shit because everything else said, I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Gilmore Girls, Brian Jordan Albaith.
Speaker 3: Let's see, let's see Brian Jordan Alvarez. A what is it? I love your daughter, but what's the okay, thank you? Here we go of your daughter.
Speaker 4: Supposed to be A.
Speaker 6: Yeah he usually does, but we're not gotting.
Speaker 4: But he's at the airport, so he did not.
Speaker 2: Off.
Speaker 4: He takes his shirts off and he dances.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I mean yeah.
Speaker 9: So he's like a content creator who became a person with a TV show who had to use like online content to promote it.
Speaker 4: Like it's such a.
Speaker 5: Full He's also been in the comedy writing scene for years, and he had his own YouTube show for a long time he was Caleb Gallo if you were that deep in the internet, though, I think it's like The Wondrous Life of Caleb Gallow love that show. It's very memified. It shows up on TikTok all the time. And then now he had an English teacher, which the writing isn't wonderful. You should watch it.
Speaker 4: I really do love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah boom, Well, I feel I guess older, but also a little bit wiser because now I'm I've dispelled my anger at Cucumber Gay, I've seen the full circle. I'm up, dude, the trauma candy salad dump ship. It's so fucking the most shit ever.
Speaker 11: We truly have no privacy anymore, and as we need serious like help, you know what I mean, Like, I totally get that this that can be like cathartic for people too, but I think that's because we're contending with so much of all kinds of every dimension of chaos possible in someone's life.
Speaker 2: At the same time, it's like, well, there's no mental health support, so this is this is another way to get it all out. It's yeah, that shit is I'm I'm I'm gonna I'll see if I can get through the whole thing.
Speaker 3: The first fucking four I was like floored.
Speaker 4: No, they're all crazy, They're all like, they all get worse.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, cause you see, like even with like the Suspect Challenge, like you would see people kind of do that too.
Speaker 3: We're like they would like but it was in reverse because someone else was calling you out on your challenge.
Speaker 4: You're like, oh, they're going to break up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyway, people look up suspect challenge if you know.
Speaker 4: See the Suspect Challenge and you're like, oh.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no no yeah.
Speaker 2: And again if for the brief version, someone's holding the camera, the person on camera is running, and you do a version like you're on police rating, go uh, suspect got a bad wig on.
Speaker 3: But people think that shit is natty, you know, stuff like that and just be very shady.
Speaker 2: But anyway, thank you all for this moment of illumination education information.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Producer Bay, thank you so much for being here. Producer Beca, thank you so much for being here. Producer Catherine, thank you so much for being here. Do y'all want to let people know where they can check you out if interested? Maybe even you know, I don't know, if you if y'all post your favorite videos there. But anyway, I just want to give you all the opportunity to let people know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can find me at bex b E C C S Ramos on all platforms, including TikTok.
Speaker 4: I do not post on TikTok.
Speaker 5: I very blatantly's posted my bio that I lurk and ship post, so you'll only see me repost all my funniest ship but I will you won't catch.
Speaker 4: Me you've never posted. Oh you know what, when I get post, I'll like do it.
Speaker 5: I'll do my little Halloween post and because like I love to dress up in a costume, so I'm like, I'll I'll post my one edit of a Halloween costume.
Speaker 4: And that's basically I too.
Speaker 6: Am a lurker only on TikTok. So I'll give you my Instagram.
Speaker 9: I am at Katha Elizabeth c Akha and like the end of Elizabeth and that's me, bake.
Speaker 8: I don't have TikTok. I'm also a lurker on like Instagram. But yeah, my handle is Imperial dot com Quvine.
Speaker 3: My Instagram, Oh my god.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've been here to make a new work one but uh, you know this is not working right now, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Content work now, it's fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we work in podcasting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it's fine. You know, at first I thought it was a little racy, but it's fine.
Speaker 3: It's historical history. Baby baby, I b I b I bababy. Yeah, yeah, exactly, we got We also have musicians. Okay, a lot of people make music on this show.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know where Jack and I are at Miles of Gray, Jack Thunderscore, O Brian or Jack ob One on Blue Sky.
Speaker 3: He's still figuring that blue guy.
Speaker 4: And in real time.
Speaker 3: It's all right, it's all right. We all work at our own pace. All right, Thanks y'all, thank you so much for listening to this episode. We'll be back with more.
Speaker 2: I hope y'all having a great break and I hope you learn something and you can talk to your step kids like you're cool now, all right, Bye bye bye, Doctor Factor