Speaker 1: Jonas. Hey, guys, welcome back to your favorite Jonas centric podcast.
Speaker 2: I have news. I have news. I can't wait to hear your news. What's up? Nick?
Speaker 1: I have been appointed a new title by the US government in conjunction with with I think I'm also a part of this. You could be, but I don't know if you've gotten the call yet. I have gotten the call with a letter as well. I've been appointed to the Department of a Society and Culture. Very excited about this society and the minister, the Minister of Society, the Minister and Culture. So our podcast, that's our that's our category. We created a category so we could have the number one. If you're wondering what we do, it's mostly podcasts and the occasional blog, an occasional sing.
Speaker 2: What does one minister do? Nick? What are they? What are their roles?
Speaker 1: It's pretty important interviewing, looking at prompts and prep for the interviews. Although today Joe said that he's going it's going.
Speaker 2: To raw dog.
Speaker 1: The pod is what you said, raw potting, raw potting. This because you did zero prep. Well, this episode brought to you by raw pods wherever you can raw your pod. Alright, I heard a knock at the door, which means our guest is here.
Speaker 2: He's here, he's timely. I'm very timely.
Speaker 1: Let's welcome Teddy Swims the Pods. Yes, goddamn time bro, what's up.
Speaker 2: My wife is so jealous that we're doing this right now.
Speaker 1: We're so excited to have you on this and me and Teddy go way back here the history, the history. All right, we'll be okay. So my buddy Jesse and London was like, yeah, I'm going to go see this amazing show tonight. You want to come and to be honest ass as a musician, if you feel this way as a musician. I on days off, I don't really love going to concerts. Yeah, I'm not big on concerts. But I went thing to do.
Speaker 2: I went.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, I'll go, and I was I'm a fan, but I was like, I'll go. I didn't know your live show. I was like, my job was on the floor.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was fangirling taking videos the whole time. This show itself is just so great. Your discography is unbelievable, your voice amazing. We have a lot of similar friends that we worked together with. But I was Florida afterwards, like, hey, if you want to come to how to Teddy after the show. So I went backstage and this was you played a couple nights of this. Yeah, your song was going on like twelve weeks or something crazy. It was Nuts number one, that is. And we met and it was all love and you told this amazing story that I could not believe. And I never even heard this before. I was like what.
Speaker 2: And we hit it off.
Speaker 1: We had maybe one to twelve tequila's like that, and then fast forward, you know, he's stay in touch. I see he's going to be playing Coachella the main stage, which is insane, and I'm like, yo, bro. We just started texting and I was like, if you need a background singer, man, count me in.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be out there. Well, so here's the story of the bit. Yeah, you gotta tell the.
Speaker 3: Story when Okay, when I was fifteen, my my girlfriend at the time was serious, serious girlfriend obviously of.
Speaker 2: Course my first love.
Speaker 3: You know, uh, well, you know we had lost our virginities to each other too, and our song was when you look Me the Eyes. So we were there, but yes, so so we're not not. I don't think we made love to that song at the time, but so you know, I told Joe that. We were actually at Lakewood Amphitheater in Atlanta. You guys played a show. DEMI was playing with you guys. It was right around Camp Rock because it was her sixteenth birthday.
Speaker 2: I want to say it was probably yeah, ok, jeez, And so we.
Speaker 3: Were at that show man and and so, like you know, I was so madly love and so I told told Joe that, and when we met and so it was so cool, and we were trying to forge out something to do for coach, and He's like, man, I remember that this song means.
Speaker 2: A lot to you. Would you want to do it? I was like, dude, if I mean only you bose are cool with it?
Speaker 1: That sing you guys cool? I think I was already like to be honest, checking and I was like, hey, I'm like I'm still doing this. So if you guys say no, that's on you. Now correct me if I'm wrong. Teddy, you were in football at the time, yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that the that the bit was so I was. It was a Wednesday night.
Speaker 3: I still remember, because I skipped football practice to go see you guys at Lakewood and wow. And my coach at the time, you know, every time you miss a practice you would have to like run like laps. And so when I came back, all the dudes have found out that i'd like skip football practice.
Speaker 2: I remember them being like, you boosted football practice to go to the Jonas Boats. So my coach ended up making me run double. But where's he at now? Not here? That is wild?
Speaker 1: You were a fan back then, and my god, it's so cool. So I watched the performance on the stream. But you guys of looking me in the eyes, and I have to say, there's anybody that's gonna sing my parts of a song? Blessing pretty fitting. Both sounded incredible and we got so good. I mean he also had David Lee Roth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, that was choice.
Speaker 1: So iconic and like what a rock star I mean, through and through.
Speaker 3: On yeah, on and off stage. Bro, it's just like so so he had called me. I remember like going into the second weekend too, and he had he'd called me like prior to the show. He wanted to talk on like Thursday, and he's so old that he like he won't learn his phone. So he caused his manager to call mine to put a full way call on to talk about it, and and so he'd tried to get in touch with me for like three days, and finally we got on the call and he's like, hey, Teddy, So I thought we were going to talk about the show or anything like that, and he says, man, So I was.
Speaker 2: I spent like a.
Speaker 3: Year living in Thailand, and when I was out in Thailand, I was I did this like thousand mile jungle bike ride, and so and so I had this. We had these jungle bikes and I had this JBL speaker sitting right under my bass man, and.
Speaker 2: I made this.
Speaker 3: I made this playlist. And I don't like like I don't like listen to a lot of rock and roll music. I listen like music like you do, like like you like play like soul music and like R and B music and stuff.
Speaker 2: So so I made this thirteen hour playlist.
Speaker 3: And I want you to listen to this playlist, and I think it might influnce you, inspire you, but I want you when you listen to it, I want you to think about me in the jungles of Thailand on my jungle.
Speaker 2: Bike, ripping with this jbl under my balls. I want you to think about that when you listen to this, I was like thirteen hours. I didn't get that far. So what's the Coachella prep?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I mean the prep is is you know, it's I mean, we're we're in the midst of doing a bunch of other things, and so it was kind of hell.
Speaker 1: To answer that question a little bit keV because as a as a guest, like rolling dance at all.
Speaker 2: So I'm just curious for the one day got to It's so fun rolling up and seeing this.
Speaker 1: You know, the care your team put into the attention to detail me in the stage he had within the stage, It's it's really amazing. And I love the door. Letting the guests through the door was great.
Speaker 2: It's great. Knock knock. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we got we got a little, we got the funk by Positive Force, take Back the Night justin Timberlake.
Speaker 2: I can't stop the feeling. Just he's got some hold on here, man, some discomposure the place.
Speaker 3: We got joy ride. We got something I would not jazz Yeah, man, I did not. I didn't take him for a j cole fan. Really man, you know Frank Sinatra, It's all over.
Speaker 2: The place like that back to Ireland by Baja Man.
Speaker 3: You guys know that record we got to hear I don't have.
Speaker 2: Wow, I could see the jungle.
Speaker 1: Though. I think he was This is not a real playlist, just put a bunch of songs on here.
Speaker 2: This is this is like something you would ask chatch ept to make for you, you know. I gotta say.
Speaker 1: Also, one of the coolest things. And your new father, congrats new Ish eleven months old. You said it's a two part question. Hey, really, what was that like? Having your son act? I mean, you play Coachella. I'm on, I'm like, there's a moment I just watch your your wife and your son watching you and like, you know, obviously it's Google Goga, but he's like he knows. He's like, that's my dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, it was. It was.
Speaker 3: I mean I remember like right before we walk out, you know, and he's sitting right there and it just solved.
Speaker 2: I just like so grateful that he like was able to be there.
Speaker 3: And we had bought this like it's called like a a W four, like you know, like a like a kid Wagon, but they made this like limited edition like Volkswagen Bus version of it.
Speaker 2: You know, he was just riffing around this thing.
Speaker 1: It was what's that? I mean, we spoke about a little bit, but like being a dad for you, what what's been the biggest change in your life since becoming a father man? You know?
Speaker 3: I think I think that and I think present is like really the thing that I've learned the most about it, like being I find that, like even I even see this sometimes too, like I've had this happen where I still am guilty of this where I'm like with my son and I'm doom scrolling, you know, and I'll just catch myself like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 3: You know? And I'm trying to I got back from the gym not too long ago, and this is one thing that really was a revelation to me that I got. He's crawled right over to me so excited, and I pick him up and hold him for a second. I set him down because I'm trying to cook a little something real quickly, and he's crying.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, hold on, it's not give me a second.
Speaker 3: And I'm trying to cook and he's crying, and I pick it back up and I was like, all right, let daddy do something, you know, and starts crying again. And and it just dawned on me because I spell mysel getting frustrated with this like ten month old at the time, you know, and I was like, I said, you know what, I just turned the stove off, and I was like, man, that's not going to be happening forever, you know, and honestly, eating can wait.
Speaker 2: It's optional. I felt like by getting frustrated with him because I.
Speaker 3: Was hungry, it's just such as I don't know, I felt like so weird in my soul about it that I was like, you know what, let's let's go sit down on the couch. Let's go play man, you know. And I think I think that the biggest thing that I've learned. And I've heard I've heard, man, my sweet friend Thomas Rhet say this all the time. He's like, no matter what, man, just just look at those kids in the eyes, man, just like make sure they know that you're there and that you're like available. And those times I find it, like, you know, I I as somebody that's always like constantly feeling like I'm not doing enough or I want to I want to be like doing more and more and more I find that sometimes when I'm with my son and he's just playing and doing his thing and I'm watching him or just watching Blueye on TV or something, I'm I'm like, this is the most deductive thing that I could be doing right now, you know, where ever, at all or for anything, and it just like it makes me feel that I want to be when I'm at my work job, or when I'm at home or wherever i'm at, I want to be where my feet are and we grounded right there where with who I am and where I am and like just present.
Speaker 1: Wow, so good, dude, let's love that lovely. Yeah, I mean, you know, just something to struggle with death, yeah every day? Right, Like I take those words very seriously with what you just said for sure, dude.
Speaker 3: How was it with the show when you guys were all like doing the thing when you had the reality bit going on.
Speaker 1: I didn't have kids yet, so when we did married to Jonas, it was just me and Danny and the fam.
Speaker 2: But luckily we didn't have the girls.
Speaker 1: But we kind of the minute we got pregnant actually with our first Lena, we decided not to continue because I was like, we both knew that it was a little bit too much on the family, and like it was also like we we're new to it. I'd be completely honest with you, I think we would have done it very differently now, But like it was in our actual house lit rigs like this, like in your house, and the people showing up and then just leaving the house a mess, and we were like cleaning up the house at night before we go to bed to like reset it for the next day. It was just like it was a lot. It was cool during the time, but for the time being, like it was great, but having the girls they didn't then obviously the band was broken up at the time. Then after that, so we didn't have them. They didn't see us play or even know kind of that part of my life until they were actually more a little older into everything, which was really really cool. So then they came to the twenty nineteen like obviously when the happiness begins can't happened and the reunion of everything. They came to that tour for the first time saw us perform, and I think that was like the most emotional I've ever been, just like feeling them in the room. One I never thought it was gonna happen again two and then two like that's you know, that's that's that's them there. So I totally hear you. You you and your your wife have one of the most amazing covers together. They're like kind of went pretty viral.
Speaker 2: Oh that's still the and.
Speaker 1: When we did so good, I'm gonna pulled up to them and literally just show our viewers here.
Speaker 2: Let's let's show it.
Speaker 1: If the football career doesn't work out, it's smooth, bro. All right, now, I gotta ask, how did you guys meet?
Speaker 3: She was working with this guy, our senior archer is a dear buddy of mine and we went to high school together and he's a producer. He's still a lot of cool stuff. Man, it's one of my best pals. And we were at my studio in Atlanta. This was, you know, four or five years ago now, and so he was like, you gotta listen to this grub and working with this girl race and showed me, you know, a video or their song they did, you know, And so that I looked her up and I was like whoa, And I just.
Speaker 2: Kind of like you know, reached out and was like, hey, I love you.
Speaker 3: You know, you're amazing, and then we kind of stayed in touch watch each other from Afar.
Speaker 2: But it was actually a friend of hers.
Speaker 3: Roommate of hers was like, you know, it's fan of of me, and so she was like, Hey, I see that you're coming into town for you know, the show in Atlanta, and you know, I would make my my girlfriend like pumped if we could come see the show.
Speaker 2: So you know where they came. And then I was like, you know, feeling myself, what's your move?
Speaker 4: What was your move?
Speaker 5: Like we had this little after party at the Vinyl and yeah, but also right off stage too, You're like you always feel like you know, personal, Yeah, person of interest POY in the audience.
Speaker 2: Actually, let's let's just.
Speaker 1: Talk about this real quick, because we've had this conversation many times about you know, back in the day when I was single, open married now for almost eight years, and and Joe, you know, been dating and all that. When you invite somebody to the show a p I A p Y p o I and after they tried to like the planet cool thing, they're just like, oh, that's.
Speaker 2: Cool, missed, don't do that.
Speaker 1: I don't like it was amazing if the show need the music, But like it was great.
Speaker 2: Cooked, you know. I remember.
Speaker 1: I remember there's this girl invited to a show in Paris and she was text on her phone backstage and I was like, hey, like so, like what did you think? And I was like, and I internally like, did you just ask her what you thought of the show?
Speaker 2: Cooked?
Speaker 1: I don't mean to be like super to be clear, but don't play before someone eclips this and goes, oh, they just want them to come and be like all excited. It's like, no, we don't need it doesn't need to be like that. I don't have looking for It was a game change where my wife came to the show. She was just so supportive and something that I was like, that's amazing, Like she was really invested in this thing that I care so deeply about with me, that's what I'm saying, and I that's that's what we're saying.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a line of playing yeah, dude, I get this all the time.
Speaker 3: Well for me, I think it's so much of like not not even just a p o I at the show, but.
Speaker 4: Just love that by the way, but just in general when I like I do this is one of my worst worst situations has ever happened to me as far as like meeting somebody and like an airport, right, Uh, I met this guy and he comes over.
Speaker 2: He's like, hey, Teddy, come here.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what's up? Brother? And he he said, uh so, man, my forming at work. She's an older lady. Man.
Speaker 3: She loves your stuff, he said, Like, don't get me wrong, man, like I don't funk with your stuff at all, like the but I listened to like Chief Keeth and like Kendrick Lamar, like hip hop and stuff, so I really don't fuck with you, but like, would you mind if we got.
Speaker 2: A picture for her? And I was like, bro, I don't know what it is about.
Speaker 3: Men sometimes too, where they're just scared to like anything. It's like like, well.
Speaker 1: It's like like things, I wouldn't even know what to wear if my wife didn't pick on my clothes.
Speaker 2: It's like, dude, it's okay to like close to dress yourself nicely. Why has it got to be so have been after you?
Speaker 1: It's like can you take a you sign this for my sister? It's like sure, It's like what's her names? Like Bradon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we have that same experience, especially growing up like this was always blew our minds. Was like for us, you know, growing up as sports fans, and we'd go to these you know, and I get it. You know, we're now we get it more. But like we were like a quote unquote boy band. We played our instruments and wrote our songs. But like we'd go to these the whether we're on the sidelines of a game and like get on the jump tron, it's like boom, and we were like, bro, I also love this team exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so weird, but I mean it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't happen as much anymore. I think people aged out of that audience, like or the guys that are But it is funny. Every once we'd be like, yo, I'm I'm not a fan, but my cousin loves y'all. Can I get a pick? I find that hilarious. But anyway, back to your story.
Speaker 3: She was backstage, Oh yeah, yeah, you know, I mean we just you know, like I didn't my little thing.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go done? How could you see it for you? All Right?
Speaker 1: We have a few questions from some of our incredible listeners here. Okay, the first one is it's kind of I didn't even know this.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll just ask the question.
Speaker 1: Teddy loose Control was featured in the latest season of Bridgerton during a very steamy scene. I watched it, and Nick Jealous was featured in Bridgington season three to these questions are for all of you. First, what Jones for the songs deserves the Bridgerton treatment. Well, I think it's your favorite use of a song in a T show or movie. I think Teddy gave look me in the eye of the brig.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was jealous steamy in that shown.
Speaker 2: So I think it was like it was a dance.
Speaker 1: It was a sequence and it was a dance, was like it was during a ball.
Speaker 2: It was a version and watched it's great. Well then I think, well they had six or my songs, so I think I wanted you on that one. Yeah, all up in the bathtub getting it in bro. Well, I think it was like it also was like it was like a string quartet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything like it's that rendition. It's actually cool kind of I listened to. I'd like to just fell into this because we share a Spotify account, me and my my wife and a family.
Speaker 2: Sure, there's there is a lot of that.
Speaker 1: I don't listen to my I don't dress myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, it's okay. You can eat your words. Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: I got the Bridgerton soundtrack while I was sleeping on a plane randomly, and I was like, this is actually fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, there you go. You like it too.
Speaker 1: I like to see Bridgert Year three thousand, the sexualized Year two thousand version. The next question, Oh, what is your favorite use of a song in a TV show or a movie, like, like any song. I mean, that's the quest, that's what they're I think they're referring.
Speaker 2: To his my song. I don't know, because I find like I think a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I find with like, so they just did like the you know, the new version of Men on Fire, right, and and and so when they sit over there like the trailer of it, and then like you know, they where they kind of do the thing where they cut your song up and they just put it in places in between like cuts of serments, and it's got these big explosions. And so I find myself trying to get into the the trailer of it, and I'm in the world, and then I hear like, you know, no, I don't know, man, And I was like, that just kind of takes me out of the world all together, you know, because I feel so close to that that I if I'm trying to get into another world of something else it can do.
Speaker 2: It pulls me.
Speaker 3: So far out of the the environment or they like the world of the song pulled me in.
Speaker 2: So I liked it, right.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you've I've probably felt that like too, when y'all stuff is on something, is it like completely like pull you out of the fucking I mean it's honor obviously, but you know it's it just.
Speaker 2: Pulls me out of the world altogether.
Speaker 1: Cake by the Ocean had a couple of interesting sinks. It's like the most sink song like ever, I don't think ever. We're talking. We're talking to Teddy Swims right now. It was really funny though, because I would see it for like songs that get the kids bop treatment. You're like that they I guess just said, I don't know if they know what they're singing, dude.
Speaker 2: I remember they had the hot Tomali's I'm Sweating the Day Day.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: But I think I think probably the most sync song I would probably put my like my chip on would be like spend out ballet. You know, that's always like when somebody falls in love and that thing like love interests in and it's.
Speaker 2: Udies. I feel like I've heard so many times in movies.
Speaker 1: Absolutely so, Teddy. We have this fun thing in our pod where we have a bowl of questions. We don't know what they are. Well, you just pull a questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, let's get deep sometimes see the bowl not like deep into the question are both? Yeah, if your phone battery is at two percent, you can only tax one person who gets the text, probably Claire Myst.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, hey, do you know a phone charger?
Speaker 1: I respect it because instead of being like goodbye, it's like, yeah, where's my phone charger? At was like which one of oursecurity has the phone charger on them?
Speaker 2: In real time? Okay, I'm gonna pull on for you, Teddy. Okay, buddy, what you got? When's the last time you had to plunge a toilet? I don't know, you know, I was. I will answer it like this, Oh god, I didn't. I did.
Speaker 3: It's it's been, it's been. I can't remember the last time because I didn't. Also didn't realize I was an alcoholic until I realized not everybody has chronic diaryea every morning, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it's it's not solid enough to really cause a scene, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Something to check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe just before coach because you were you weren't drinking for for a week or two.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, we also came with a gift for you.
Speaker 1: You're how old enough?
Speaker 2: I'm thirty three?
Speaker 1: Okay, perfect. So I've recently found my old collection of Pokemon cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I've been seeing collect someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I've been posting annoyingly a lot, but I'm going for it. And we brought you a gift that we thought we could open here with you. This is the nineteen ninety nine nineteen ninety nine sealed pack booster pack. There's eleven cards in here. This is our gift to you.
Speaker 2: Because we love you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna rip it. We figured we rip it live if you're down.
Speaker 2: Where did you get this?
Speaker 1: He got it my dealer, and we figured we fig figured, let's let's let's see what you get. Whatever you pulls yours and hopefully you pulled chars yard.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not a collector these days. So if there's anything worth it, damn it.
Speaker 1: Sure it's buddy, Nah, it's your son. Okay, we got a coughing coughing, that's good. Here, I hold the ones for you.
Speaker 2: Coffee.
Speaker 1: We got a old or Okay, I haven't seen this pack yet, trainer.
Speaker 2: Joe Bill Pedgi.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves a piggy. A lot of piggy fans out there.
Speaker 2: S true, that's nice.
Speaker 1: Heay.
Speaker 2: We got a haunter. A haunters are big. I don't know if we're gonna get a holographic.
Speaker 1: We'll see poke decks interesting eradicate this is a bust bro. We got a bust back energy, energy and post or professor. There you go, oh imposter. Okay, well these I'll still go for cash. So yeah, okay, we'll get you. We'll get you paid.
Speaker 2: How well how much.
Speaker 3: Was it would you by disclosure? How much one of these packs are?
Speaker 1: No, you're here for the as Yeah, what what are you performing?
Speaker 2: What's plan? Our song?
Speaker 3: Mister A all recently and then you know we're up for best collaboration I believe it is or whatever the burbiages on that, but.
Speaker 2: Knock on what Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 1: But what's your what's your take with with the ward shows? Do you enjoy them?
Speaker 2: Do you feel like I enjoy them?
Speaker 3: I think they're a little bit more like nerve wracking though, you know what I mean, because like when you hear that show, like those people already like me, and.
Speaker 1: You're like, damn, that artist I love is sitting down. It's a little I'm pretty sure everyone in the room loves you well.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, you know. I love to give.
Speaker 1: That's one thing I definitely hats off to.
Speaker 2: You is that you're you.
Speaker 1: Teddy dash Bear is definitely a part of your DNA and you You're a sweetheart of a person, genuinely like great to be around. And the people you have around you too. I think that's that's key. You know, a lot of people's teams.
Speaker 2: I've had the same band from since a little They're awesome.
Speaker 1: They ripped, they're so remind me of your guitar player he's shreds.
Speaker 2: Yes or one of the what either one of them? Both?
Speaker 1: They're both great. Yeah, Ward shows are interesting. I mean I feel like sometimes we've had experiences where we look at each other and we'll have a little pep talk like, Yo, let's just have fun and let's go up to people and say hi. And I love when people it's interesting when you disarm people, like going up to them and I know you're like this, You're like, yo, I love this song, I love this movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it's so important to like always say the thing, you know, because I feel like I've even.
Speaker 2: Also, you know, to give that guy some slack.
Speaker 3: I've never been like I don't fuck with you to somebody, but I definitely get the like I don't want to bug them thing or the also the first thing that comes in my head, like I don't want to be like I love you, but what's what's why do I do that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: And so I try to like just choke that back and be like, I love you. Man, I'm such a massive fan. Like it's everybody would love to hear that, right, you know.
Speaker 1: That was like my biggest like lesson to myself when I was younger. We were at a showcase for like Columbia Records back in the day, and John Mayer was there and of course, like to me, that was my acoustic guitar education, you know, playing three by five was like the way I learned that a you know, metaphor and song is like what it was right, So he was there, I didn't say hi, and I regretted it.
Speaker 2: Like the biggest I was like, I'll never do that again.
Speaker 1: So like my entire existence after that was just like if I wanted to talk to somebody, I was going to go and mediately up to them. So it taught me a good lesson. I find it war shows to be It's definitely like the social anxiety gets at an all time high. Absolutely, I'm like too conscious of of what everyone's thinking. But I think that everyone is doing that. My wife the other day, we're actually the Oscars and she was presenting and she was kind of stressed about it. I was like, just remember that everybody else here is also stressed about being here, no matter who they are. Everyone took a while to like everybody ready for this dress rolled in.
Speaker 2: No one's eating all day.
Speaker 1: There's always like, oh you're gonna there's a food when you get there, and then there's never food.
Speaker 2: There's like or herbs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not enough food. It's like a piece of warm sushi. Yeah, Thomas, that sat out in the sun all day cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's never enough food. No, it's not a chow beforehand, Bro.
Speaker 1: I mean also pretty exciting that we're going to be perform with you today. Yes, technically when this air is it'll be past so great performing with you a long time coming. But it's honestly like such a dream. And we spoke about it. I was like literally like because we have to get you at our show now.
Speaker 2: We were trying a.
Speaker 1: Few times, tourists weren't weren't lining up. You love touring?
Speaker 2: I do, yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: Do you find yourself now more like the finish line is just getting home? Yeah? I think it because with a little one like how do you stay consistent? Like what is your routine that keeps you like healthy on the road?
Speaker 3: Man? Cardio like I've been doing we we I got into boxing about a year ago. That's been like something that's really Cardio is always good. Try to get steam, Bro, Steam is like you know, I think the beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: Is like especially out here in the desert. Yeah, well but.
Speaker 3: So really it's acid reflux and steam are the only things that actually touched the vocal cords.
Speaker 2: So you know, when you're like swallow and tea or whatever.
Speaker 3: Your little tongue lays over your vocal cords, so that helps the throat. But the only things that really hydrate the vocal cords is so it's it's steam room is Do you.
Speaker 2: Say that one of those things? I didn't know that. Yeah, you want those things, Joe that like, Yeah, it's it's the best. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Like the vapor pise, the vaporiser thing. Yeah, you're your your stage bong, my stage bong. I don't think it's a real thing, but I will say that I heard that Amy Grant, the icon Amy Grant used to eat laced potato chips where she heard that it's like glycerings with throat, and actually I've done it. It does work. It might just be a placebo thing, but I think it's great. She knows what she can sing.
Speaker 3: Also tequila helps as well, Yeah, said I do. Have you ever had to I mean, I'm sure you guys like.
Speaker 1: Had to drive before show. We've had to do that yet, but.
Speaker 2: Ever I had to have the fucking rock dot com and give you the we've had we've had.
Speaker 1: My peace smelled very like intense the other day and we were in the bathroom breaking for the show, and it's like, whoa something, I'm like, oh, just too clear.
Speaker 2: We weren't like in the bathroom together.
Speaker 1: It was multi there's like multiple stalls, we're flying, multiple just crossing.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys still take baths together like five year olds and we still live.
Speaker 1: In the same house with the firepole. Actually yeah, but yeah it's twelve. Twelve will do that too, dude.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's it's like the perfect band aid.
Speaker 3: I know they'll always be like, you know, don't go too hard because it's just a temporary band aid. But I'm still just going overseeing.
Speaker 1: Do you any like any show rituals or there's certain things that they are like superstitious about before we go on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well so we we all like when I was in high school, my a theater teacher had taught us, like you'd always like do like a pinky almost kind of thing with everybody, and so like.
Speaker 2: I noticed that with the you sing with your wife, is that part of that?
Speaker 3: Well not that, but before show, we all do that, and so we all like and and now like every one of us has added like our own kind of kind of secret handshake to it too. So now there's like all of us have like seventy of them that were doing like prior to a Yeah, it's it's like a twenty minute order.
Speaker 2: It's like a pre show. Yeah, dabs ups.
Speaker 3: So we're all doing and I like I always find that, like you know, if if something ever goes wrong, I'm blaming on like, oh I missed that person, you know, which, which is like never it probably isn't the case, but I think I think I'm like it's it's I I find that I can't recover as well after like a mistake if I have, that just stays more interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're I will say, like live, you are going your your vocal range is so impressive.
Speaker 2: I'm screening. How do you like?
Speaker 1: So, how do you when you have three four shows back? Like right now, we just got off a Vegas run. We did four nights but we had one day off, but it's three shows in a row and the Vegas you know, just try out here or how do you keep how do you keep yourself going?
Speaker 2: We try we try not you got the steam, but yeah, we try not to do that.
Speaker 1: And do you build that list to make sure it happens?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, I mean sometimes I'll like maybe pull a song that's you know, like I'm not doing that tonight, that's not happening, or like you know, like but I we haven't done like like I won't do a tour with like I remember when we first of touring, it was like we do these like six in a rows and shit, you know what I mean, and these like small clubs and just screaming at the top of my lungs for an hour and a half. And I went through a phase where I didn't have a false set up for like two and a half years. I really just was so cooked and it wasn't until we finally like when when my son was born, I took like a month off and just like was there for that whole situation, and so like it came back and I recovered and I was like ah, and like, but I had not stopped toured until like for like four years, and I just didn't have like my false SETU would be the first thing to go every time I'd get out on the road and then it would just it was gone for I like literally almost three years.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't do anything false ott wise, and so.
Speaker 3: Then I was like over correcting and screaming some of those notes and only causing further damage.
Speaker 2: And so I just, yeah, I try.
Speaker 3: We try our best now to schedule more off days and stuff, and like, if we're doing a tour, I'm like, I'm not doing three in a rows are just so brutal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're definitely looking at how we tour and like how we keep home life more stable. And I mean we've been talking. We're uh, a Teddy Jonas tour has got to happen, actually got to happen. Sign me up so much. Cross come to our set, She'll come to yours. It'll be great.
Speaker 2: Thank you for doing this.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you so much. We're so excited man to sing with you and man honored.
Speaker 3: I'm such a long, long, long time fan bros. So good to finally meet you dudes.
Speaker 2: And I can't believe it. This is the coolest ship ever. My heart is just doing backflips. Bro.
Speaker 1: Everyone swims, yeah, swims.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye bye