Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Madam Trend starring Dakota John's trend Curtsy and Johnny Davis and Brian the Editor with the tag of Knockout Colabo. My name is Jack. That over there is Miles.
Speaker 2: That's the one thing my baby, the guy's child does really well. He imitates like you know, he should be or I should be. He's like on his way to speaking, but like when I.
Speaker 3: Go like yeah, he always goes back.
Speaker 1: Yeahs fire up and I told you he loves.
Speaker 3: And he kind of starts doing that effect.
Speaker 1: Just be like like, no, incorrect, it's yeah.
Speaker 3: He folks were killing in the name of too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's goes. We've established who we are. This is the show where we tell you what is trendish, established the premise, established something stash, I'm Jack, No, I'm talking to the listener.
Speaker 3: But who are you? Who are you really? You know? Who are we collectively? Who and importantly what is trending?
Speaker 1: What is trending? Haley Pack? Who the loud Pack.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're not saying they're smoking on that Haley Pack. It's not pack watch time, but the pac her Ah, the super pack that was basically urging like non Republicans to vote for Nicki Haley is pivoting in November. And now they're saying, Haley voters get in line for craigsivent Joe Bigrin. All right, yeah, so it says starting today, primary pivot will become Haley voters for Biden and urge anyone who supported Haley in the swing state to stick with the president in November. Quote, this is an effort from people who have actually supported Nicki Haley to try and a guide as many of them as possible toward the candidate that respects democracy, even if they may disagree.
Speaker 3: With him politically.
Speaker 2: That sounds like fantasy to talk, but this is like such an important block of voters right now, Like this is the person that everyone is going to want to have a dance with in November, because it's a sizable, sizeable group of people. Just so, just to put it in perspective, right, Haley one a quarter of a million votes in North Carolina's primary. Trump won that in twenty twenty by seventy five thousand. So the math year it must be looking great for Biden, who's probably trying to find a way to ignore progressives leftists and being like, well, what if I pick up some Haley votes instead?
Speaker 1: What if this is the answer to all our problems.
Speaker 2: Rather than listening to what the people that are affiliated with a party that votes for anyway anyway, So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: And it's funny like their approach.
Speaker 2: Biden's like, hey, man, like you, you guys are welcome to You're welcome to join this campaign and we love to have the Trump is just his ego, just like, yeah, now's your chance to join the greatest movement in the history of our country.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, be a loser with the loser.
Speaker 3: Be a loser. You already you already, you already took an l don't do it again.
Speaker 1: It is interesting, Like it's just interesting to see because I don't know how much, like I mean, pack money obviously important for advertising and all the horse raceship, how much money they have, just in terms of like who is closer to those people like to Like I just trying to think of the psychological profile of anybody who's supporting Hayley. They probably don't are closer to Biden than Trump.
Speaker 3: They break down into three groups.
Speaker 2: They're independence there, die hard party people, who hate what Donald Trump has.
Speaker 1: Happened about the British hard party people, die hard party people, the mash up between twenty four hour party people and diehard.
Speaker 3: And then and then never Trumpers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the never Trumpers are probably if depending on how big how sizeable that group is, those are the most likely, yeah, for Biden to pick off. If you're a you know, super hardcore Republican who just absolutely hates what's going on and you feel like this is the only way you can say out loud your Republican and just like, but I vote, I'm Nikki Haley.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like they seem also pretty malleable in terms of maybe reorienting towards Trump and then independence. Always you never know, you never know which way they'll go, but they typically are end up being you know that they can they can fall in equal measure.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's hard. It's hard to quite know.
Speaker 2: But when you think about how many people truly like, at least outward, they were like, no, like where Donald Trump is absolute garbage. I'm going with Diet Baje with Nicky Haley, who's also maga too, but just remember she's trying to do maga but not maga.
Speaker 1: Politics are very bad. But then, like I think when it comes to just public profile and the fact that he's willing to overthrow democracy and like has kind of staked his claim to that, it feels like that's a big, big step for the average American voter to take. I'm not saying they won't take it. It's just from that perspective, be interesting to see where.
Speaker 3: We shall see.
Speaker 1: We don't know, we will certainly this is about when I start getting nervous enough to look at polls and just a reminder to myself and the listener that poles don't mean shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they won't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they won't. There is this interesting question because obviously the midterms it was like, no, the Republican Party just got too weird, and like now everybody's like yeah, people like would normally have voted against the Democrats because they have the person in the White House and that's usually how the rhythms go, but they didn't this time because the Republicans just got too strange and like doubled down on the election denial stuff. And even though Trump is like the center of the election denial stuff, it feels like he somehow escapes that for some reason reasons.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I think one thing is pretty clear, like it's not the entire like the entire Republican Party in terms of like voters is not aligned with Trump just looking at how the results of Super Tuesday, I mean, like he won, but it's clear that there's also a huge group that's like, ah fuck when I do. But again, it's hard to know at the end of the day, are they willing to like if they're like they still they see Joe Biden as the woke monster, do they go that way and they're like, yeah, fuck it, forget it, let's just fucking hit the button on full fash, don't you know?
Speaker 1: Don't know Trump is asking Biden to debate him. Yeah, dude, I feel like this is probably like he probably consumes, like his daily diet has to be like three thousand calories of McDonald's, about three thousand milligrams of adderall up the old nose, and then just forty minutes every couple hours of Joe Biden. Guess you know, like he probably he's probably just mainlining that shit, just watching Joe Biden rains, melting Joe Biden's Senility mixtape on a loop, and he is playing don't stop believing behind it or something, the whole glorious Yes, yeah, yeah, right, all of the glorious mixed us together playing it playing at once.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he put it on what is it Kirkland signature Twitter aka truth? So I said, quote, it is important for the good of our country that Joe Biden and I debate issues that are so vital to America and the American people. Therefore, I am calling for debates anytime, anywhere, any place. You don't mean that quote? Then he goes on the debates can be run by the corrupt DNC or their subsidiary, the Commission on Presidential Debates. I look forward to receiving a response, thank you for your attention to this matter.
Speaker 1: That wasn't a fish truth social.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's a wild way to be like you're so down, You're like, I don't care, bro, I'll let the ops run the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't. Weren't they the ones who like stopped the debates. It wasn't it the Republicans not wanting the debates for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then but then Trump was like, I'm not doing them. I'm not going to debate my own people either.
Speaker 3: And they then they weren't sure what was going to happen.
Speaker 2: But I think enough people are like, dude, you can't just let this guy like win mill on you all day, wind Mill back on him too, and that I don't even know that that de bait whatever. That looks like that's gonna be so painful to watch that.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be the most like I think I might die, Like I don't know if I could like survive that debate, Like honestly, Trump vi Biden, Like that one where Trump was like stalking Hillary Clinton around the stage was like like physically pain, like it hurt to watch, and like this feels like I don't know, man, what a.
Speaker 3: Change of heart. He's had a change of heart.
Speaker 2: And I mean there's a lot of reporting about how the Biden administration like they're doing like deep like they're really they're like, we're gonna get into his head, man, We're gonna goad him and get him to say some wacky doodle shit, man, wacky doodle do. And again you're like, don't don't put all your energy into Donald Trump as I was in a winning election strategy.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, Uh let's say quick break and we'll come back, and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 1: And in legal news, the Rusted Armorer has been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter. Prosecutors successfully argued that the weapons supervisor Hannah Gutier has read exhibited astonishing lack of diligence with gun safety. It's just worth noting, like, I was shocked by how young this person is. They're like twenty six now, So it does feel a little bit like the young person who doesn't have the connections is getting fucking thrown under some manner of conveyance here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I isn't like, isn't there father, Like, aren't they like an gun wrangler?
Speaker 1: Yeah, net book gun wrangler.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure that's yeah, Yeah, yeah they are. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Hannah Gutier is read of fell read got so damn longtime Hollywood armor. So they're part of a part of the dynasty. Yeah, so I don't know like that. I remember that was like one of the first things we were talking about. It's like, yeah, they're very young, and that's probably because Daddy has been like sort of dynastic.
Speaker 1: Arm Yeah yeah, yeah movies.
Speaker 3: So all right, so yeah, it's got everything.
Speaker 2: It's I mean yeah, I mean well the other thing too, is because this trial happened first, like everything's like, well, now Alec Baldwin can strategize because now he's seen the prosecution and the prosecutor in action, and the judge.
Speaker 1: Weals of this is probably good for him because part of the defense attorney's strategy was to blame him. Yeah, it's not our fault, like look at this wild man. They even played a video outtake in which Alec Baldwin fires his revolver with blanks, including a shot after a director calls cut.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and then there's also something like where like that there was a point where he pointed the gun and the screen ard is like, there's no there's no direction for that in the script.
Speaker 3: I don't know how this shakes up, but yeah.
Speaker 1: What was he like supposed to be like doing a root and tutin was it? Was it like he's shooting it up in the air, like firing it into the ground.
Speaker 3: What does it? I have no idea.
Speaker 2: It must be that point pointing the gun because it was like down at the like to the camera. That's how like the cinematographer was was killed.
Speaker 3: The movie's out right?
Speaker 1: Is it didn't it come out? Yeah, there's so many movies that come out in a giving year, Like the chances are better that you a movie comes out and absolutely nobody ever hears about it, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but maybe it's out it says upcoming. Oh yeah, probably it makes sense, And I don't think anyone's going to be in a rush to see this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Experts also testified that Baldwin fired the gun in the no go zone and waved his gun around carelessly. Uh so, in addition to the screenwriter saying the script and call for him to point the gun. So, I don't know, so, uh sounds like a real fucking shit show on the set of that film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like again, like even when this first happens, like how about you don't need real guns anymore?
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, yeah, you don't even have to just do a lot of shit in posts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It turns out. So the the power grid has been in the news quite a bit, uh for a lot for decades, but I don't know, it's treated as like electricity is kind of treated, I think, just in our minds as like this inexhaustible resource. But more and more of the world as being run off of electricity, Like it's electricity is replacing gasoline, and cars is replacing you know, chemical batteries and devices. It's uh, you know, they're like doubling. This AI boom quote unquote is driven by like intense use of electricity.
Speaker 3: Mass data centers.
Speaker 1: There's this Washington Post article that like Georgia's electricity electrical grid had underestimated like their estimates of how much electricity they were going to need to use, like as recently as just a few months ago, was underestimated by seventeen x.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: The actual amount was seventeen times what they were projecting just a few months ago. So I don't know, it's just I think there's going to be a change in how we're thinking about electricity as it's not inexhaustible. I mean, obviously anybody who like pays their bills understands this, But I think there's going to be like limits that people are going especially if like the AI boom keeps happening, bom.
Speaker 3: Keeps going well. And there's also crypto mining that's also super in like just.
Speaker 1: These super electrically intensive things that and so like companies are going just to wherever they can get electricity the cheapest, Like, uh, Columbus, Ohio just saw a quadrupling of land values in some parts of Columbus and tripling in areas of Chicago, just purely because of access to electricity and like being able to like put server farms down.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and yeah, it's like it's like the version, the smart version is we needed to update the electrical grid fucking decades ago to actually help with clean energy transmission.
Speaker 3: That's the bread.
Speaker 2: It's one of the biggest impediments to like being like, yeay, all this desert we got we could turn into a fucking NonStop power plant, but our grid and amongst a few other things infrastructural, you just aren't there. Yeah, so I'm sure that also helps you be like, well, you know, I guess we tried it with that shit, what about what about what about more more dino farts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's right place.
Speaker 1: It's like at a time when the quality of people's jobs is going down and like into this gig economy, healthcare ape, the government could be creating a massive public works initiative and you know has tried for sure, but it's just but as of right now, it seems like the strategy is going to be just like sort of retrofitting and like one off hacking the future out of existing infrastructure because everyone's focused on trying to make a profit and that's going to leave us with electrical grids that like set Texas on fire like that was the cause of that Texas wildfire recently well last.
Speaker 2: Week, yeah yeah yeah. And then it's like even too, there's people are being like de incentivized to even have like solar, like in California, they're paying people less for the solar they're generating. It's valued less too, Yeah, because you're like.
Speaker 3: Damn man, like too many people fucking make their own innergy.
Speaker 2: It's look, we're we're we got we got mad men at the wheel here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the woke backlash exactly don't fuck with DEI and we don't fuck with solar power. Okay, now no that was never from twenty two those days along behind us. That's a bad word. DA is a bad word on Wall Street.
Speaker 4: DEI.
Speaker 2: It just sounds like what see, because equity means then the people I've been being bad too can then be bad to me.
Speaker 1: It scares CEOs and those are the only people that matter.
Speaker 3: That's true. Scares the street, scares the street, the fucking street.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of the street, Netflix killing it on the street by announcing that they're like charging us more money. Yeah they're and also a little bit more. But don't don't pay attention to that, because they're also announcing a boxing match between Jake Paul and Mike Tyson in July.
Speaker 3: This bums me out. It's absolutely like it said, fucking bummer, It's not gonna be a real fucking fight. It's stupid.
Speaker 2: I don't I just whatever, Like I think, I remember when Jake Paul was doing all these fucking things. We're like, well, what's he gonna fight a real boxer? Yeah, And he's like, what about a retired Mike Tyson?
Speaker 1: What about it? Like multiple decades retired?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's still from like eclips that people like that he puts on his social media is still I guess somewhat in shape.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he can actually do like if he's real like fighting shape.
Speaker 3: No, but it's just such a spectacle like Okay.
Speaker 2: But hey, like you don't have to Hey, if you got Netflix, you can bombard yourself with the fight this other thing too.
Speaker 3: So many people like on social media like, oh, I can't wait for Jake Paul to get.
Speaker 2: His actual fucking head ripped off, and it's like it ain't happening.
Speaker 1: It's not happening. That's that he wouldn't agree to this, that was a possibility exactly.
Speaker 3: And yeah, we we we've had enough of the like.
Speaker 2: Little mini race wars via boxing matches that because what that's like like the Mayweather one too.
Speaker 3: Everyone's like, oh ship, and he was like, dude, he wasn't fighting him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like they just let him there, hold him up for like multiple rounds.
Speaker 3: Don't bomb us out, don't bomb us out.
Speaker 1: The match is a quote significant expansion of Netflix is live sports strategy because they also did the WWE deal, right, so.
Speaker 3: And then kind this thing the Netflix Slam. Yeah just fuck just fuck off, man.
Speaker 1: So they're like trying to go around traditional sporting institutions and like create their own ship. Yeah, but it's like they used to do this in the seventies, like the TV networks would be like, all right, like our best athletes doing fun like yard games against each other or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because it's like, look, we don't have the rights of the NFL or the NBA.
Speaker 3: So what if you saw Kevin Durant giving people haircuts?
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, but it's live. Why why is he giving haircuts though? Because he never does that.
Speaker 3: He never does. You've never seen he's seen a shoot basket button.
Speaker 1: You've never seen him something he'd be good at.
Speaker 2: You never seen him do a fucking taper fade and put the part in.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, man, you love it? Neflit. So they're getting rid of their Basic streaming, the Basic plan that we've all, you know, been familiar with eleven ninety nine. That was their lowest price point that did not include ads. It's going away. The next cheapest option is fifteen forty nine per month for the standard tier, so don't confuse it with Basic which has now gone, or twenty two ninety nine a month to the fucking premium tier. So come on, what.
Speaker 3: Is in the premium?
Speaker 2: Just like, hey, you can have like a four K on some of the things on two screens at once.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, Like I truly don't have any clue what the different tiers are. It does feel, you know, as we talked about on the first episode this week, or the episode two of this Week with ed Xetron, Like the model is always provide a service that is actually good, get scale, and then once you have a lot of people committed, you start fucking them. And you know, this feels like a continuation of that in the Yeah, in the tech world.
Speaker 3: Deficit spending.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that was It's been the name of the game for them in such of the early days, and you're just.
Speaker 3: Like, how is this a business?
Speaker 2: It's like because the Wall Street believes that we're doing something great.
Speaker 1: It also comes on the heels of them announcing that they canceled the critically acclaimed show The Brother's Son, which stars Michelle Yao and came out in January, got really good reviews, was like number two on their on the charts on the Netflix charts. And then they're like, naw, fuck.
Speaker 2: Fucket next thing, we gotta we gotta stack our pennies so we can make sure that fucking Jerry Rice can fight a kangaroo in October.
Speaker 1: And then finally shouts out to Sydney Sweeney for having to put up with the weirdest like right wing.
Speaker 3: Fall the men on the Internet, Yeah, all of.
Speaker 1: The men on the Internet, so the right after Sidney Sweeney hosted SNL last weekend, literal Nazi Richard Hannania confusingly tweeted that thanks to Sidney Sweeney's cleavage, Wokeness is dead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really weird. It was like her at the end of the show.
Speaker 2: Uh, and it just the quoses Wokeness is dead with the picture of her enter cleavage where it's dead.
Speaker 3: Man, it's fucking died right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like so that just seemed like a weird I don't know, like brain malfunction where he was just like so excited at the sight of her cleavage that he was just like shouting out like what he wants to be true. But multiple conservative outlets were like, this guy's onto something and we're making like weird, embarrassing arguments about how uh like the Spectator for anyone under the age of twenty five, they've likely never seen it in their lifetime, as the giggling blonde with an amazing rack has been stamped out of existence, a creature shamed to the brink of extinction.
Speaker 2: Not talking about a fucking Tasmanian devil or something shit, you know, some of the fucking wolverine or the fuck man got absolutely thrown out of society.
Speaker 3: With the great rack.
Speaker 1: What there's a literally a woman next to her on stage who also has addressed that is showing cleave like they're acting like this is the first time that this has been done. I'm so confused to like what they think is new or novel about this.
Speaker 2: I think it's because the emphasis being on an aryan woman with oh she has blond hair, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Because it's like there was Sophia Virgara.
Speaker 2: There's been a lot of ye like very attractive women who were not shy about like how they were dressing and you know, proud of how they looked. And so this is just so weird when like this, this article just said quote they said, there's a time when you could quote go to any mall in America in the Midwest in nineteen ninety nine and see dozens of Sydney's wandering around traveling impacts, twirling their hair and doing that same hot girl thing with their hands when they got excited.
Speaker 1: What the fuck is that? What is the what are they like.
Speaker 2: This like going like with your hair, touching, pulling your hair back like Wayne Campbell.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, no, that's Wayne. That's what Wayne's world does. That's what the Wayne's world does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like keep pulling the hair behind your ear kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. What when just a hot girl would like like when you tickled her belly and her leg would start twitching. Yeah side, No, sorry, that's a golden retriever. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: That's the most intimacy I've experienced with another living creature. Yeah, because I'm an inceell, this is just weird. Yeah, then, like the Canada's National Post, it's like.
Speaker 1: Her boobs are wokeness kryptonite. What this it?
Speaker 2: Wokeness is no match for Sydney Sweeney's undeniable beauty. We've we've all been pressured into pretending that we are bad people if we aren't attracted to every influencer wanna be who is unattractive by any reasonable standard of beauty. It is the adult equivalent of handing out prize ribbons to every kid on sports day.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, it's I mean I guess that because they don't find non blonde Aryan people attractive, they think that they there hasn't been like a famous.
Speaker 2: Attractive repositivity is like gross, So they're like ah man, like it should only be arians with great racks.
Speaker 1: But it's just it reminds me of like Jordan Peterson when like he'll just start crying randomly, like for no reason. You know, he's just like, yeah, he's just like starts weeping. He's like they're trying to cancel me, right, and you're like, what what do you think is happening right now? But it's just they're so like fucked up and emotionally repressed and sexually kind of twisted up that like things just like get you know, the the wires are crossed and like connected in weird ways, and so they see boobs and they're like the Civil War winning, Like I'm sorry, you've done it. Yeah I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess, but again, this is how they would do it. Like, rather than viewing Sidney Sweeney as like a woman with her own body choosing to dress how she likes, it's like all these takes are basically saying like big boobs are back for the male gaze bro bros, Like that's alid is you know, like and like what is wokeness? Even in this context, I'm sure Sidney Sweeney had these people in mind when she decided what to wear. That's what she was like, this is for the people, for the literal Nazi hooves.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And the other thing too, is like so many of the sketches on her sn L appearances were just built around her being hot. Like there's one where she's like the Hooter's waitress and like just all these things are that just sort of the whole The whole game of this sketch was like hinging on how attractive she is, which is pretty par for the course. A lot of people are pointing out, like that's how SNL always does attractive women on the show.
Speaker 3: They're never like anything except for like.
Speaker 4: You, honey with the body, like because I remember, dude, there's that SNL sketch with Lindsay Lohan back in the day when she was The whole bit was about how like Hogwarts, everybody came back from the summer and then hermione came back all hot and shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and it was Lindsay Lohan and she had her cleavage out and like Rachel Dratch and Seth Myers.
Speaker 3: The whole bit was just them staring at her chist. Oh her, mamia me, you've done a lot of growth this summer. It's like Jesus, like.
Speaker 2: Really, I mean it's been that way for a while. I think with SNL and not.
Speaker 1: Like aaimed at that age girl. When you ask people, they're like SNL used to be good man like back when I was like a twelve or thirteen year old, right right right, It's like uh huh yeah, no, maybe eight fourteen, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah right.
Speaker 2: And I just thought Chris Catan acting like a mutant monkey guy was like the height of it.
Speaker 1: For Jim was the funniest thing that's ever been on. Jim Brewer is goat man. Dude, Holy ship, dude, where's that guy now? He's wait, he's funny.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, right, I mean, like that's the arc of some of these people I just listened to.
Speaker 1: I was driving with my friend and we quoted tall Booth Willie and then I was just like, hey, put on oh shit, not to fuck with people's phones. But and then hey, we put on a told booth the toll booth Willy sketch to prove my point exactly, and I was like, still got it. That thing holds up for you, sweetheart, it's a dog. Anyways, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday, March seventh. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show, season finale of the week, and until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine. You don't do nothing about Waite supremacy, and we will talk to you out tomorrow