Speaker 1: Oh, what's up man? What's your name?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Just therapy? Get go?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wait, who did you think it was? A? Hold on? In like in the two seconds where you were like, hey, hello, Like, who did you think it was?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was like, well, I was texting a friend and I don't know, and I didn't recognize the number.
Speaker 1: I was like, hold on, I just by the way I told I'm not saying that to be a dick. I'm genuinely curious because most people don't like just pick up for random numbers. I assume you picked up because you knew it was me. Like if I get a random number, I don't really like pick okay. But but in that, in that moment, you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why a double text.
Speaker 2: It's like therapy, get like okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's double check. You had an inkling. It wasn't just like you're not just going with the flow of your life.
Speaker 3: No, I wish I was like that. I can't.
Speaker 1: Why can't you be like that?
Speaker 3: I care too much?
Speaker 4: Man, can't can't be answering the phone for like strangers to dude, Like, you gotta keep something in private.
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I feel you? What's your name, I'll just go by Robert. Robert Robert. You texted me a few things. Well, okay, you texted me a year ago and you said, I went on a date a few days ago and I got a rejection text. This was a year ago. This is fourteen months ago. Actually, I went on a date a few days ago and I got a rejection text. And I'm not sure how to handle it. How did you handle it?
Speaker 2: Well, there's that, but that's that's a year ago. Who cares about that?
Speaker 3: I want to talk about like, well, I.
Speaker 4: Guess I need more advice about like my current situation about like what did you about this guy at work that just keep on halfling me?
Speaker 1: Wait, just real quick, what happened with that date? What did you do about the text?
Speaker 4: No, it was just a wee your text? Okay, so I guess just the recap about that. Yeah, a year ago had been around this time. I was like, yeah, around this time, arou on February. So I'm about this girl on like a dating app and not gonna lie. I was like one of those freaky dee dating apps. I think it was like Field and stuff like that. So I'm just like, all right, let's go out, and I'm just like okay. So we go out right and we're clicking, we're viving, we're talking, and we talked so much we didn't eat the food. So we went out to this like Columbian restaurant. She's like, she's like one of those white girls that are like obsessed with like speaking Spanish and learned Spanish and she just like solfa dancing and butchata and all that. So she's like one of those you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Okay, all right, so I speak Spanish, so I'm like, all right, I'll smoot her up with my Spanish. We're talking and we're getting to you don't know each other, and she tells you a lot about her family, what she's going to and she like tells me like, oh, I'm actually leaving in to go live in Argentina for like for a year or two, this and that, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Just like all right, all right, cool. And it wasn't like I think the rejection bothered me so much because it was more about we. I even asked like, oh, we should go on a second date or anything like that. I'm like, hey, you should just keep in touch. I think you're super cool, and just like we could be friends and if you're back in my hometown, let's reconnect and just kick it just like neutral, Like I think you're just a cool person overall. No, I mean just like as a romantic partner, possibly we're just like, you're a cool person.
Speaker 3: And she gave me the weirdest response ever.
Speaker 4: It was just like, nah, I just don't feel the chemistry or connection with you.
Speaker 3: Did you do you eat your food?
Speaker 2: You shut up this whole time? Like, did you?
Speaker 4: I saw you put your whole plate and it's a go bag and I'm like, this bit chalky funked up?
Speaker 1: Holda wait what I'm confused to the equivalency here? What is it? What do you mean by oh, you're saying she talked the whole time and you didn't get to say anything, and so she's like and so you're saying no, no, Just so, you're saying that she put her food into to go bag, which means she was talking so much that she didn't even touch her food, and by that proxy, she didn't even let you express yourself enough to tell whether or not she liked you. That's what you're saying. I.
Speaker 4: Well, I took this off as like we had such a great time. We talked so much, we didn't really eat our food. We just talked for like two hours to the restaurant closed. And I'm like, is not is that not a connection?
Speaker 1: No, No, it's totally not. It's totally not at all, totally not at all. Well that's to think about. Let's see, here's the thing about dating is dating is horrible. It's it's horrible and don't and it's horrible for men and women for kind of like there's certain there's certain reasons why it's horrible for men and women that are like in the Venn diagram of like why it's horrible for men and why it's terrible for women. There's actually a lot in the middle, I think. But one of the reasons why it's horrible is this thing of like you really can't go into uh a situation having any expectations at all. It's crazy, but it's a little true, do you know, Like like like you can go out with someone and you can have a great conversation with them for three hours and keep hanging out. And if you interpret that as we had a good connection, they probably want to see me again. You you've you've you've fucked yourself.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's a weird thing because it doesn't auto and it really it never automatically means like I've and and listen, listen. It doesn't mean that you are a hideously ugly, boring person all it. It could mean a lot of different things. Like I mean, I was I was talking to some friends of mine and they were like, uh, like this girl was like, oh, I went on a date with this guy last night. You know, we hung out for two hours. Uh. He was nice, he was cool, we chatted a lot. But I'm like, I don't know if I really need to see him again. You know, like that's that's and that's just what what do you mean? Damn, that's life. It's like you can sit and have a Yeah, you can sit and have a conversation with someone. For I feel that way about a lot. I feel that way about In fact, the majority of people, frankly is I could sit and have a conversation. There's bro there's such a big difference between Okay, I had a nice night with this person, uh for you know, three hours and whatnot. We had a fun time, but like, do I need to do it again? Do I need this person to be a recurring part of my life. That that's a big jump. You know, that's a big You're that's a big jump, right, Like she got this this woman who you went on this date with, she got enough of you for the rest of her entire life, which is which says nothing about you. It says nothing. It really does. It says nothing about you. I swear my life, I'm not it says nothing about you. It says it's just like you know, she got I.
Speaker 3: Get it.
Speaker 1: I feel that, dude. I feel like way about people that I love. I really to Like there's certain because life, how old are you?
Speaker 2: I'm thirty, You're thirty.
Speaker 1: Oh you're thirty, dude, you're thirty. You understand that?
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I understand.
Speaker 2: I totally know what you mean. Like I see I had enough of you.
Speaker 4: I see enough of you, which is totally true. There's like some friends I have that's like I'll see them like once every other month because like I can't do back to back weekends with them because I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I got you, I got enough of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: As I gotten older, I just I like to give I know, the whole like.
Speaker 3: Having no expectations. I've done that.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, go into it the open mind, no expectations, don't assume anything. But now I'm just like more of like no one ever presents themselves their best the first time, maybe the second time, And I feel like I try to give people multiple rounds to like, see what's up I'm saying, so I usually go with at least a two date, three date. Then I just kind of fear it out, like all right, is this person pursuing or not pursuing.
Speaker 3: I'm more like I.
Speaker 2: Give people, you know, a working interview, you know what I'm saying, just like.
Speaker 1: And you know what, and you know what that I believe. I believe that that's a good process. I really do. That's a good process that probably works for you. That's not her process, this this lady, because because that's also this lady. Right, how old is this lady?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this lady. Yeah, but this lady is like going to art. This lady's it seems like she's in a different place from you, right, she's going to Argentina for a year. Like she's not like, uh, you're kind of over here. It sounds like being like, oh, I'd like to like find a real connection and build something together. And she yeah, yeah, yeah, and she's like, well, that's cool, nice to meet you. I'm going to motherfucking Argentina for a year because I don't want That's not what I want to do. I want to dick around and I want to fucking saucid. I want to do all this stuff right. So there's no there's like, you have to understand that. I just want you to understand something. You have to understand logically that this woman has that. You just have to understand logically you have no this this one has no room in her life for you first and then second, and most importantly, understand that this woman having no room in her life for you says nothing about who you are as a human being.
Speaker 4: I see what you're saying, like I shouldn't like, hey, I guess I shouldn't. I guess I'm taking from it is like I shouldn't hold this stranger's opinion or like her not being interested me so much it affects my life and said to like.
Speaker 1: No, okay, even okay, even what you just said is king into the fact that you don't understand, you don't get what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: All right, let's break it. Break it down for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, let'll break it down for you. Okay, here's what you just said. You said, I'm taking in her saying she's not interested in me or she doesn't like me. Right, she might, she might like you, she might think you're a nice guy, she might think you're cute enough whatever. Right, yeah, but you you have no room in her life. Even the fact that you're even what you just said is is indicating you don't understand what I'm what I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I see what you're saying. It's like I understand now. I feel like, yeah, in her point, at that point of time in her life, she had a lot of other plans to go Argentina, and I did not make sense in that situation itself, Bustle.
Speaker 1: You know what, the funniest thing about this is the way you're talking about this woman. I'm getting from you that you don't even like this lady.
Speaker 2: Well, it was just like, well, this was a year ago. This I really did like her because I thought she was so cool. You know, we had a lot of things in common, a lot of similar like ways or raised and have a similal background. The only difference is like, like I guess like some things. I thought it was super cool about that bitch.
Speaker 3: I mean, this girl is a you know, I just had that happen.
Speaker 4: I was talking to my sister about this, Like we call everyone bitches. They were like, yeah, we just say everyone's a bitch and just call them the bitches.
Speaker 3: And just like it just rolls off the tongue. It just sounds so much better, you know. Okay, that's just me, that's me. My sister just do it though. So so this.
Speaker 2: Girl, right, she just like was doing everything I wish I was doing with my life, so to speak. Science, right, we have these science backgrounds, but and like in the past couple of years, I really got into cooking and just like trying your recipes and getting you fancy pot cookbooks.
Speaker 3: And just like really developing that.
Speaker 2: And her what she did at her job was like create recipes or like help companies fortify a recipe. And I thought that was the coolest thing ever. And she was like telling me all this like crazy food science about it and like how things are bonded together and like the reactions, and I thought it was just like why, like certain like ingredients go together to and tench spy, certain flavors get some more.
Speaker 3: Ooh mommy out of it.
Speaker 4: And I just thought like, Wow, you're so amazing, so cool, and that's why I'm like, I really just wanted to be your friend at that point too. I'm like, even if anything just thing pan out romantically, she's going off to another country, right, I thought she was just that cool of a person.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like, Wow, I wish I was doing half the stuff you were doing. I've been wanting to go live in another country for a while, you know.
Speaker 4: I didn't think about going down to like through or like just living there for a year or two as well. And my whole that was my plan to save up some money and just like go down to Lima and stay there for the winner. I mean, it would be somewhere down there and just avoid a whole year without no no snow, you know, no winner.
Speaker 2: That's an amazing Okay, so I'm dream.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna stop you. There two things. I forget the first one, but oh wait, no, I remember the both now. Okay. Also, by the way, just see you, I mean listen, just at the age of thirty. You should know this only because like this is just this is just like an examination of the finiteness of life and time. It's kind of it's interesting, right because asking when you ask someone to be romantically involved with you, especially on like a committed level, you're asking them for everything. And even if you're asking someone to be friends with them, you're asking that you're kind of asking them for a lot. Do you know I don't think. Yes, I do actually believe I actually do believe that. Yes, I do believe that.
Speaker 2: Why why wouldn't friends be a load steaks?
Speaker 1: There's like friends, friends aren't really low stakes.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's acquaintances and there's like French, there's real friendships. I would say, somebody who depend on lean on and you really seek out their companionship.
Speaker 3: That is a real friendship.
Speaker 4: But just even like a bystander like no I had, like that one friend that comes every once in a while.
Speaker 2: To the cookout every so often, you know, and you still.
Speaker 4: Consider them a friend, but there are more of an acquaintance. And that's why I think I want it to be just more like at that.
Speaker 1: Point, I have I have dear friends. I consider them dear friends. I haven't spoken to them in like two years. They're my friends. We like each other's whatever on on on poop Graham and all that stuff. Maybe you respond to a story or whatever, but it's just like I don't know. It's it's like this woman, this woman seems very very like like busy doing stuff but also with you. What is the what is what's going on here? This is a new development that I'm getting no hold on. This is what but what's going on? This is a new development where it's like you're jealous of this lady's life. This lady jealousy is like is actually kind of like a good compass for like, oh, where should I be putting my energy? Because you you'll you'll kind of notice like when you're when you're like really aligned in your in how you're like living your day to day, you really you really don't look at other people's lives. So let me ask you this. You're you were jealous of this lady because she was doing all this cool stuff? Did that? This was a year ago? So did you do anything with that jealousy? Like what what's what's do you feel like?
Speaker 4: Like, what's I'll give you a little context. I guess a year ago, I guess I wasn't on the greatest like point in my life, you know. You know, I just got out of like a somewhat serious relationship and that person just jumped into a new relationship and I saw how happy they were, and I'm just thinking to myself, I'm like, all right, I'm building up myself from scratch. I'm looking for a new job, got myself a new job, and trying to figure out what I want to do, where I want to be in a couple of years, try and like save all my money, thinking about moving to a different state, different cities, start fresh. And it's like slowly like okay, I'm ready. I'm ready to put myself out there, really really ready to put myself in the game world, just to see how it is, see how I could not to be weirdo and just like have the human interaction out about interactions, See if I could do it, you know, because I think it's insimportant. A lot of people just don't know how to talk to people and engage with people.
Speaker 2: I just wanted I was like, do I still got it? Do I still got that a little spark, that little charm that you know, do I still have it. And when I was just hearing her story and everything she was doing with her life, and I was just like so blown away, and I'm just like, okay, okay, where do I need to do? They live that life? And I always wanted just to like have a care free like life, like not a care free but just like not worry about like, oh I got to pay my student loan? How much money do I have to pay save up to have this? And just code yeah, like I don't mind.
Speaker 4: Like like scrubbing it like, and I'm never worried about like the nicest hotels, like a sleeping like a dorm with like ten other people.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 4: You got some near pleasure for good. I could eat like once a day if I really need to, like I could scrub it out. And I'm just thinking to myself like all right, dude, this girl hasn't made everything. The career, the the passion. I'm like, damn, she's like really cool. And I'll tell.
Speaker 3: You what happened to me.
Speaker 4: I didn't do none of that because a few weeks later I got myself like.
Speaker 3: Euy, So.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, man, You're good.
Speaker 2: I'm glad to about it.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's just very funny to like, well, no, it's just like it's just very funny that you like you had this like date with this lady and you're like you're like, oh, I'm inspired. I'm gonna move to another country. I'm gonna get all my ship together. I'm gonna you know, she's studying biomes or whatever. And then you get a d I like a week later.
Speaker 3: Oh, you have no idea.
Speaker 4: I have this money than up. I'm like, all right, I have my money saved out. I could coast for like six months.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all right, this is perfect. My leaf ends in like two months. I have my money saved up. I'm ready to go. I'm ready to commit. I'm like looking, I'm like, okay, I'm gonna put this stuff in the stories unit. It's gonna cost me so much money I put in my budget. I'm gonna live off of like one hundred dollars a day.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: It's gonna really be great.
Speaker 3: Then all my money went.
Speaker 2: To fucking lawyers like negotiates to haggle. But he's like, you know what, she's not not to have a guy. You know you just made a mistake, come a break, judge, And Judge's like, yeah, okay, how about a year of classes and how about you really think about what you did that? And I'm like, fuck, okay, yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 1: Oh man, okay, all right, so all right, so you you you did not go on a on a journey of inspiration down to Peru, but you gotta do how how badly did that fuck up your financial shit.
Speaker 3: Wiped on my bank account? Like the money.
Speaker 2: I was like, here's the thing about DUIs, do you think you're doing everything right?
Speaker 3: Like, all right, you found.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? What do you mean do you think you're doing everything right?
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you. I'll tell you what you thought you think.
Speaker 4: Here's some many cases about things being thrown out of court. So I'm like, all right, I'll lurge and I'll get myself a really nice lawyer, the fancy one with a tighter title esquire. I'm like, okay, me and Smith's Esquire. We're gonna take this on. And it's like one of the things like I pleaded the fifth I didn't answer any questions. I'm thinking it's like, okay, it's a case done. We'll see what they do, and then the lawyer you think, you like, you hire a lawyer, and then they turn around they tell you he's like, all right, you got me a retainer. And they turned to you and tell you like, if you want to take this trial an extra another right, grand And I'm just.
Speaker 3: Like, what, hey, grant take this trial.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like, I would.
Speaker 4: Rather like drive this out for a year or something in courts And I'm like, no, do you like I'd rather just take take take my punishment, bend over and just let them have me and just like get my spankings and be done with it. And that locked me into this shitty job. That's the worst part too, because I have to like being under probation too, just like I have to have a job. I have to like do these little things. And my job has been really cool with it. They let me off work to go meet with my po and play face. They're really cool about that. But oh my fucking god, do they fucking drive me up the wall? Okay, And it's like I walked into my least another year because I'm like, I can't I was too stressed about this like court case to find a new place to like live I don't have a car now, so I'm like, I'm like, I live in a perfect place where the fuck transportation is pretty reliable. So I'm like, all right, I don't have to worry about getting to work.
Speaker 1: What's your what's your what's your name again?
Speaker 3: Robert?
Speaker 1: Robert, Robert? Let's I want let's I want to talk this out with you. I'm let's let's talk it out. Let's do let's do Gecko therapy? What?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, so all right, a year ago, you're talking to this lady and uh uh, I forget about the thing off her not wanting to be your friend, like whatever, like, but but you're look, you're listening to her life. You're like, oh that sounds nice. I'm gonna do that. Then you get a d U I and then your bank account gets wiped out and then where where where are we at now, Robert? Where how's your life going? Let's talk it out.
Speaker 2: Besides besides the work situation, being locked into this job, it's.
Speaker 1: Been fine, Okay, good.
Speaker 2: It's like one of those things if you play you play ball with the p O court system, do you do your part?
Speaker 4: Then't let you off easier? You know, they start clamping also start giving you great. You just can't mess.
Speaker 2: Up and I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't like an alcoholic.
Speaker 2: Where I get the shakes and I got it take a drink.
Speaker 3: I mean a mistake.
Speaker 4: I fucked up, and you know what, I accept that consequences.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have no problem.
Speaker 3: I'm not drinking.
Speaker 2: It's it's not that, it's not I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: Let's get into this. You're you sent me a text. Okay, okay, so you sent me the thing a year ago about I went on a date and I got rejected, but you sent me a text saying my coworker is keeping a log on how I'm a shitty employee and is trying to get me fired.
Speaker 3: That is my main thing.
Speaker 4: And it's I'm really stuck in a hard place at this point.
Speaker 2: I really don't know going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 4: He this guy has autism, and like I've been working, he seems like a nice guy. And I you know, you get people with like auto and stuff like that all break. You know, you know how to communicate light with people.
Speaker 3: You know they're on a spectrum. I get that.
Speaker 2: I work in the science, Like in the science field, I mean, I meant plenty of them.
Speaker 3: I had them in school. I'm fine, I'm cool.
Speaker 2: You know how to like, you know.
Speaker 4: How to talk to people. But this guy, he's like obsessed with me all because I told him, Hey, man, the way I just told him one day because I was confronted him because I told him, like, this is my work I'm gonna leave for tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I'm just really busy. I can't get to it.
Speaker 4: And then he starts getting it and it starts working on my projects, and I'm just like, hey, don't worry about it, like, focus on what you gotta do. I'm gonna handle this tomorrow. And this is like roughly a year ago, and he says no. He starts like it has to get done now and this and that, and I'm just like hey, and I had to stop him, just like I don't like you belitterly me and just talking down to me, because right now you're be literally me that I can't finish the job and you're talking down to me. How responsible I am for not finishing this.
Speaker 3: This is my project, this is my work. I will take care of it.
Speaker 2: And he just goes off on a rant saying that I do not belittle him he's not believing me.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know. Wow, he stopped talking about and it just turns into this whole thing where he's.
Speaker 4: Telling me I'm not doing my job right, that I'm just like a terrible employee.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. This woman who I guess it's back from Argentina. Now I don't know, I'm not who knows, You're not friends with her? Who knows she's you know? Who knows? What do you think from your idea of her, in your idealized version of who she is that you aspire to be? What would she do in this situation? Do you think.
Speaker 2: It's hard to say?
Speaker 3: Okay, not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: This is like where like I have a lot of time like dating in this aspect because I didn't grow up rich and like have a stable family, and I didn't come for money like I like, let's I don't have a like a safety map.
Speaker 1: Yeah ye had.
Speaker 2: Picked up and quitter, job sold, And it's just like one of those things where like I I wish, I wish I'm here buying two dollars scratch tickets thinking I'm gonna make a big once a month. Just why are you?
Speaker 1: Why are you buying two dollars scratch off tickets.
Speaker 3: For the dream.
Speaker 4: It's literally just like a little fun things like who knows it'd be fun and it's two dollars.
Speaker 1: Dude, dude, dude, Okay, Robert, you said your name was yeah, Uh, all right, let's rea. Let's I want to I want to try to do some gecko therapy. Actually, let's assessed. That's assessing. Let's assess this because I get you, I really do. And I understand that this lady who went to Argentina probably yeah, he probably grew up in a more stable, uh environment, probably has a little bit less worry about money and these other things, and that helps life out immensely understandably.
Speaker 3: So but.
Speaker 1: Just like, uh, I'm I want to I want to reorient your brain because like your energy, like you're focused on fucking like you're arguing, like like this fucking guy at your work who gives a fuck about it, Like he's like a kind of annoying person, and you have just like you should expend as little energy engaging with him as possible who gives a fuck? Fucking well the fuck.
Speaker 4: I give And this is the this is the problem I'm having, the big fuck I'm giving is I don't know how much sway or what happens, and like I do make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes in human but just seeing it on a well spreadsheet, well, let me finish, let me finish, Let me tell you what your concerned and having your mistake to print it up on axcel spreadsheet that two eight I took a ship and I didn't do my report on time and I turned it in thirty minutes late. It's like agonizing because I'm like, I cannot lose my job. I cannot lose my job because I'm under probation.
Speaker 3: That I need a job.
Speaker 4: And on top of that, I'm terrified if I apply for a new job, they're gonna see this fucking smudge on my record and say, like I got a criminal here. Granted it's not that big of a.
Speaker 3: Deal, but.
Speaker 2: It it is, and it is it is in a sense of like I did commit a crime. I am it's what I have to do with therapy for this, for alcohol glasses and stuff like that. And they make a point you did break a crime and you are a criminal and accept it, and I'm like, all right, I accept that. But just the idea of like when you tell people that you have a a duy or this on your record, they kind of look at you like you have a major problem that I'm going to be constantly struggling to come to work because you know, I got court cases and I need to meet my PO and be on good behavior. When it's nothing like that at all.
Speaker 1: It's how long, dude, Okay, have you looked into what is required to uh like move like go to Peru and start working there.
Speaker 3: I can't leave the country. I can't leave the state.
Speaker 1: When when would you be allowed to leave the state?
Speaker 2: That's I had a big old touble on like PO last week about this because I was like, part like so I got this fancy lawyer right and you smooth and he's talking this drudge up. And the one thing I am grateful for he did negotiate early terminations. Like if he does well early terminations, how am I cool? Great? I've been a probation for like six months now, six seven months, and I've been doing great.
Speaker 4: I have all my stuff completed. All I have to do is he's like eight months of therapy.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, give me the dude, give me I'm skip skip to the bottom line. When is the earliest you can leave the country December, December of this year.
Speaker 4: December of this year is when I could officially leave if you've been good. If I've been good, but my fourth date and like, no, here's the catcher, my termination of my probation, and like, my court kit end in August, so I'm trying to negotiate I should be done in August, right, And this too is basically telling me no, I'm gonna extend until December because that's when you get done with your therapy. And I'm just like, what, you can't extend without a court order?
Speaker 3: Can You.
Speaker 1: Can't?
Speaker 2: And that's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Where what's is this lawyer that you spent eighty billion dollars on not helping you out with this?
Speaker 4: I haven't talked to him in a year. So that's what I'm gonna talk to him about. I need to talk to him, make sure I got my like, like, why I spend all this money on you? Like if I was not promised when early released, that's why I took this deal. If I know I was gonna not take this, if it's gonna be someone extra hassle, why did I do this? Why did I spend all this money on this fancy lawyer. If I was just gonna get a shit deal regardless, I was gonna be on probation for a whole year and a half a year.
Speaker 1: So do you is this DOUI on your permanent record now? Like are do you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It shows up people.
Speaker 2: It depends on what people you know, Some people care, some people don't. It really depends on the hiring person.
Speaker 3: Some people like Brother's.
Speaker 1: Probably it's probably places internationally that you can go leave the country and fucking uh find some work or whatnot. But just okay, listen, I'm just gonna do okay, this is gonna all right, I'm gonna do a little thing. I don't want to be all like woo woo on you or whatever. I get that you have a lot of like material annoying problems, and you seem to have accepted the fact that like, you know, you fucked up and this is this is this is the material you know, this is the result of them. You have to deal with these problems. But just like meant, just mentally in the mental space that you can find, I'm I'm telling you, like what, you gotta develop some a plan or idea of like what direction you ultimately want to go, and even if it's and just to be like, Okay, this might take like two, three, four, however fucking long it takes for you like deal with these external dilemmas that you have. You have to have something in your mind to be fixating on. That's that's that you're so like stoked about the possibility of like this future plan. You're so stoked on it that you're not that your brain is not in the gutter of like that you look at this dude making a spreadsheet of you, and you're like, and you just you just you let you let it take you. You submit your submit yourself to like bend over and let this guy fuck you in the ass with his spreadsheet. I'm serious. And and then and you just you just take it because you're like, I am saving all of my mental energy for this vision of the future that I have of I'm gonna fucking go to Peru, I'm gonna go to Uri, I'm gonna do whatever it is that I'm gonna do like this because right because everything you're telling me right now, you like I'm not hearing any like visions of the future. And I get it, dude, I fucking get I fucking get it. That like when you're when you when when your present moment is wrapped up in all of this like uh, logistical shit and annoying people and like stuff that's like just tugging on your fucking central nervous system. It's really it's hard to be anywhere other than the annoying bullshit that you're dealing with right now. But but you have to have some vision because right because right because you're buying these two dollars scratch off tickets as like a way of like, oh maybe this, maybe I'll make a bunch of money and this will get me out of here. Right, But that's not like a real plan, you know, Like, and I'm and what I'm saying to you is like, like, what I'm saying to you is like if you don't have even if it, dude, even if it's a fucking delusional plan. I mean, winning the lottery is too delusional of a plan. But but even if dude, even if you fuck even if you told me something insane, even if you were like I'm gonna become a famous night club singer in Lima, I'd be like, great, that's something, you know, even if you told me you were like, I'm gonna they're making a Laddin two and I'm gonna it's my I'm gonna sneak into the Disney a lot and I'm gonna do a dance for them, and I'm gonna become the new Genie in Aladdin two. I don't, I don't know, just something. It give me a stupid all right, you know, like just let me fit. It can be a stupid, insane thing, but you just gotta have something that you're looking to like because right because because when this fucking like dude is typing into the spreadsheet that you know, farted at two five pm, you're you have not you have nothing mentally to go to to be like, you know what, I'm not gonna have to deal with this when I'm singing in the in the jazz lounge in Peru or whatever. Even if it's a delusional thing, if it's like a if there's like a halfway even kind of maybe sort of pathway to whatever delusional idea you have for for the next part of your life, just have that. Just have that in your mind, because right now you're just in circles because the mental energy you're expanding on getting pissed off at this guy is like it's just going no way, it's going you just you just going in circles.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: So like I I, the first step is to just have some idea of like where you want your shit to go? Do you know what I mean? Do you have some idea of where you want your shit to go? Because if I'm asking you this question and and and and you're like responding not with like some again, if you told me some delusional thing of like here's what I want to do, I'd be like great. But if instead you're like just so deeply deeply, deeply, deeply deeply, And I get it's hard. I'm not pretending like it's not hard. It's way easier said than done. I totally get you, man, But like, do you get do you get what I am saying?
Speaker 3: I see what you're saying, And so that's where I will go too.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all right, fuck this, I'm like, say, over your money and once there are things, once there are things over, just look for I've been looking for a new job. Just get away from this, because I'm like, you're right, because like I am, I could show up to work in the worst attitude and I come home like emotionally exhausted.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you do.
Speaker 2: So I'm like all right for at this and last week we the corporates, the corporation I work at, gave out these really nice bonuses, right, and I got mine. And that's all I was worried about getting fired from because I'm like, if I got fired, I'm not gonna get this bonus. And this is the money I was gonna set myself up to like go to Lima and just coast for a couple of months and just like not worry about this. And like if I do freelance work, I do freelance work. I'm okay, you know, just serving beer, like picking up tables.
Speaker 3: I don't care. Like what happened.
Speaker 1: What happened.
Speaker 2: Well, here's here's my daughther dilemmas. I've been talking to this girl and all of a sudden, I'm kind of like in a relationship with her now, not trying it just it just it's just like it derails the whole thing too. Is that?
Speaker 1: Why is that a dilemma?
Speaker 2: Because what about Lima? What about travel in the world and seeing everything? You know, where with.
Speaker 1: Ever come with you to Lima. What's she?
Speaker 3: Do you know? I said that I brought that up.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, what, do you ever thought about like just traveling the world for a bit and like doing that just for like a couple of months and just like coasting and stuff like that. It's like if I'm married and I'm like what, it's like you married me. I'm like, what, yeah, Like we can't do this as a boyfriend. A girlfriend's like no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yep, yep, yep, yep. Yeah, how you said? I totally totally really and that no, no, no, no, I know I agree with the reality of your situation. It's not that I agree with her. There's no there's there was, There's no like her. That's like agreeing that the sky is blue? Do you know what I mean? Like I okay, you know what I mean? Like her wanting that is just a fact. I like, whether or not you know what I mean, Like are you I don't. I have no comment on whether or not I have no comment on the validity of her desire because that's not really relevant. But like, that is her desire. That's the fact that we're dealing with so I agree with the reality of the situation, and so like I mean, yeah, yeah, Now you have to be like, all right, do I like this lady enough that I want to get fucking married to her?
Speaker 2: That yeah, that's where I'm at. So I'm like, all right, I'm kind of like a couple of months deep in this. I do like her, and she's like really cool and I have a great time hanging out with her.
Speaker 3: She's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: But I'm just like, and I'm just thinking to myself, when am I going to see the world?
Speaker 3: When? When? When? Is it? Is this just like a.
Speaker 2: Little dream I'm just gonna like having your like maybe one day when I'm sixty five, sixty seven and I'm retired or like is this just always a dream or something I'm gonna keep on chasing because like little things keep on happening in my way.
Speaker 4: Like for it was a dy Okay, that's almost done and over with. Now it's this new relationship and I'm just like.
Speaker 3: Damn, like what when? When? When? But it's just like I just need to have a new dream, you know?
Speaker 4: Is it something else I need to chase?
Speaker 3: After?
Speaker 4: Do I even express like how do we go to Like I ask her, like, how would we leave this like small town and just go somewhere else? And she's like, family's lost here, buddy. If you like me, you like them. And I'm like, damn, I'm like I'm really getting double down in the city, like like I'm trying to get out of it. And I'm just like, seems like everything's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Robert, I listen in my personal I'm gonna in my personal life. I And it's funny because time, like, uh, I still believe that I can achieve a life with zero problems or compromises. It's a delusionable belief. Some people are able to do it. Some people are able to do it. It's it's I've met people who've been able to achieve a life with uh uh, no problem and no compromises. I every year, I'm like, fuck, I'm so close, and every year I never get I never get there. I never get there. I'll I'll let you know when I'm fucking seventy if I ever got there. Always, always, every year, every day, every fucking day, Robert, Yeah, every Robert, every fucking day, I say to myself, I am so close to a life where I have zero problems. I don't know if I'll ever get there, but that's my delusional belief. That's what keeps me, that keeps me getting out of bed in the morning, is that every day I truly believe I am so close to a life where I have zero problems. I don't know if I'll ever get there, but I'm but I believe I will get there. I don't know if that's right. I think this is somewhat relevant to your situation where it's like just all this shit, right, You're like, oh my god, I finally found a lady that that I that I like, who likes me. Yeah, oh my god, oh my god, oh fuck it finally, oh my god. But she but she wants to get married and she wants to I can't go to Peru and this and the anything. You're like, fuck shit, I wanted something perfect and I believe that you can. Yeah, yeah, I know. It's like I dude, and I don't want to tell I don't want to tell you. Here's the thing. I don't want to be the one to tell you that perfection will never arrive. The reason I don't want to be the one that tells you that that perfection that like the perfect relationship, the perfect time, will never arrive. The reason I don't want to be the one to tell you that is because in my personal life, Robert, I delusionally still believe that it's coming, and I might I might die having never had a perfect era of my life. But I don't know. I don't know, so I won't be I won't be the one to tell you that perfection isn't coming because I just believe it. I believe it could. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't believe.
Speaker 4: I like to dream like that year. I'm like, next year is my year. Next year's my year, and it's gonna wait.
Speaker 2: Hold on to the world.
Speaker 3: I'm coming.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna break open and just like have loose.
Speaker 1: Robert. Just go to Robert, Robert, Robert. Just go to Peru, dude, Just what Just go just go just go to Peru. Man, Just go to fucking Peru. What is all this? Just go fuck the fuck the fuck fuck fuck the United States government and this lady. And when I just go to Peru, man, just ignore all the laws. Fuck reality. Fly there with your wings. Just go to Peru.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Nike, just do it, Nike, No fly too high, get close to the sun and die. Just go to Peru. Man, just just Nike, Just fucking just go to Peru. Man, that's all I got for you. Just go to Peru.
Speaker 3: All right? You coming with.
Speaker 1: No, I'm I'm I'm tired. Now I'll go to first someday a person on the list. I'll get there. You know, life is long, hopefully, Yeah, Robert, is there any Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: No, No, you've heard me rambled all my life and all my little problems. Hoopa, I'm not looking hot. Yeah, no, no, Yeah, I appreciate it. I do really appreciate this therapy.
Speaker 3: Get go, of course.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I believe Robert. I believe it. I'm I I'm sorry. I know I said it already, but I just I I'm so close to a life with zero problems, and I think you are too, And I think everyone is, and everyone compromise, everyone is going to remain so close the world. It's we're we're micro I'm gonna say some crazy we are microcosms of the world, dude. The world is always so close to having zero problems. Forever, there's always a problem, dude. There's always a fucking There's always some fucking lady or guy. There's always some fucking thing. There's always some war, some disease, there's it's never But we're so close. We're so close to world peace. We're so close to a beautiful family with no drama, infinite money, fulfilled dreams. World. We're so close, and it'll happen for for us and for the universe.
Speaker 2: Robert.
Speaker 1: Maybe we're so close. We're gonna be eternally so close. Okay, Robert, I'm gonna let you go. I'm gonna let you live.
Speaker 2: Your life, all right, appreciate it, all right, have a.
Speaker 1: Good one, Robert, you too.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: We're so close. We're so close.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey, is this Lyle?
Speaker 1: It is? Who is this?
Speaker 3: No ship?
Speaker 2: This is?
Speaker 3: Let's see?
Speaker 2: Can I go with cool Ranch?
Speaker 1: You can totally go with cool Ranch? Cool Ranch? What's going on with you? Dog? How you doing? What'sppen? What are you doing? What are you doing right now? What are you doing in this very moment? Where are you? What's around you?
Speaker 3: Oh? Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: So I just finished Okay, I holy shit, in out chilling.
Speaker 3: I am chilling.
Speaker 2: I just finished watching Shrek two with my family eating peaza.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, Oh you have a good life. Oh my god, somebody called somebody calls into this podcast with a good light. I love when this happens.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: I love when this happens. Okay, Okay, don't listen, don't forget, don't forget, please, don't please, don't freak out. You're already doing.
Speaker 3: Start to do.
Speaker 1: Don't freak out. There's no regure out trust me. Okay, So you just just what state do you live in? What the state of America?
Speaker 2: Washington?
Speaker 1: I live in Washington and Washington State, Washington State. And when you say with your family, is this like, who who's the family you have?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Give give me all the family members.
Speaker 2: My step mom and my dad and my dog.
Speaker 1: Ale, your step mom, your dad and your dog?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why Shrek two? Why not Shrek one? Is Shrek?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why Shrek two?
Speaker 2: Good question? Well, the first one? I feel like, well, why why we were watching it? I guess I saw my stem I'm watching it, and I wanted to watch it, so I asked to watch it too. But why Shrek two? Ober Shrek one? Well, it's better, honestly.
Speaker 1: Really, Shrek? Who is better? Than Shrek One.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would think so. I think it's funnier. I think the writing is more clever. I think the jokes are more in touch.
Speaker 3: With the time.
Speaker 2: I think they're a little bit they test the waters a little more with this one, but not too much. They don't go all crazy like they're doing that third one they got.
Speaker 1: You know which one is the one with all the babies.
Speaker 2: I want to say that's the third one. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: M m m hmmm. Do you like that one of the most?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't seen any of them.
Speaker 2: Oh, you've never seen a single Shrek movie.
Speaker 1: No, I've seen the first one. I don't know why I said I've seen the first one the second one. I don't know why I said that. Why the hell did I say that? Maybe I'm nervous. Okay, yeah, Ranch cool, wrench high. Do you have a good relationship? Do you have a good relationship with your mom and your stepdad and.
Speaker 2: Your dog fool? No? Yes, and maybe I love my dog. My stepdad's a piece of shit, but I don't live it to my live with my dad and my step mom doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: My sorry.
Speaker 2: My step mom does the gist and she's cool. Oh, that was a lot to get that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So in the ranking of who you have the best relationship with, between your stepmom, your dad, and your dog, who, it sounds like the dog ranks first.
Speaker 3: Honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lo Ki, she's kind of she's yeah, she's the one.
Speaker 1: How's your relationship with your biological dad.
Speaker 2: Good dude, good decent. It's nice, it's healthy. I think it is not negative in the way that most people would perceive the negative relationship with their father Inald.
Speaker 1: And how about step mom.
Speaker 2: She's cool, she's always just kind of been around, not always, but like you know, since I met her, I guess and usually go for something. Yeah, My dad's kind of. Dad's cool. My dad's cool. He's a good chill you know, he's a got a good set of malls. He he had me super young. He had me at like twenty, so he's always kinda yeah, super young, and he's been he had me and then started working. It's kind of with Ben since then, just bought his first house and I moved up here with and so it's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: And whose idea was it to watch Shrek two?
Speaker 3: Hmm?
Speaker 2: I think my step moms And then I decided to join to invite myself rather mm hmmmm.
Speaker 1: And what's how's your step mom? What's her deal?
Speaker 2: She's cool, she's she's the very chill. Whenever I first met her, like ten years ago, she and I used to watch Adventure Time and Clarence Nice and other child you know, car Nice Nice. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: She's quite a bit younger than my dad, which is interesting.
Speaker 1: But what the is she? What's the what's the what's the age gap?
Speaker 2: Let's say its like eight years, nine years or something. Oh my dad like forty years pushing forty.
Speaker 1: Your dad's forty one. As a young dude, you guys a young dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, super super young, super young.
Speaker 1: Cool Ranch, cool, Ranch. They'll be nervous. This is there's nothing, this is actually this is the lowest stakes thing.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: You say that, but my body disagrees for some reason. I'm gonna find her flight.
Speaker 1: I don't know what did you drive it? Did you drive a car? Did you drive a car today?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: That should have made you so much more nervous than this. You could have died.
Speaker 2: Oh if you Yeah, I think about all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you fucked that. First of all, there's no way to fuck this up. What's going on right now, there's no way to fuck it up. And and by the way, you probably have in your body and in your mind that there is a way to fuck this up. And even if you and even if you're abiding by the rules of the reality that you have created in your body in your mind and you fuck this up according to those rules, this zero consequences to that. Okay, But in the reality of the universe, which is actually a true reality, if you fuck up driving, you will die. So that so this is the least this is. This is by far and large, by large, the so far from being the highest stikes thing that you're doing today. But anyway, let me ask you this cool ranch and it's okay. If not, it's okay. If not, it is there anything? Is there any particular reason why you called today?
Speaker 2: Oh well, I mean I have like a thing I could talk or do your question thing. I feel like you're a really good conversationalist, so would mine is talking about whatever I did call initially about my relationship at the moment, I guess yes.
Speaker 1: You texted me you said I wanted to call to ask for advice to fix my relationship where everything is awesome and then you will and then you wrote have a good night exclamation point, which was very nice. Tell me about your relationship the ranch.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so good. I'm dating this person. They're awesome. I mean, there's not a whole ton to say except they're awesome. Like I like spending time with them. They make me comfortable, they comfort me. They they bring me happiness and bring them happiness. It's very equal and back and forth. And I don't I don't see anything wrong with it at all. But I guess what I need fixing is, hmm, I fear I might have conditioned myself to expect like more from a relationship, and so like, internally, I find myself looking at the future a lot and not being sure about it. But then with that fear, I come back to the present and I find a reason to be scared. And so I'm wondering if there's like something internally wrong that I've just yet to see with the relationship, or if there's more that I'm not seeing.
Speaker 1: You know, that's fucking deep. Cool, Ranch, Let's get into this a right, Okay. You say you have conditioned yourself to expect more from your relationships. Yeah, what can you can you go into what you mean by that?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean beyond the things that society does twist condition us to have certain, in my opinion, unrealistic expectations for relationships, Like internally, you know, there are hopes in comparisons that I make subconsciously from my current relationship to past relationships where I see people and I I'm like, well, there's this that's good, there's this is good, but there's this bad thing that's I don't know, it wasn't as bad as this this other person or what this other person did, but it's still there, you know, notice it or maybe there's maybe it's not really that bad, or maybe they're so good it's like but there could be more, or I don't know, all those maybees, all those like like where do I draw the lines like it's good enough?
Speaker 3: Chill?
Speaker 1: Okay, yea, but yeah, yeah, and you're you're twenty.
Speaker 2: Right, twenty one?
Speaker 1: Okay, where do you draw the line for it's good enough? Well, tell me this. First of all, you're really smart. You're a really smart guy because you've identical. Some people never identify that that you do have to actually draw that line. Some people I get so, I you know, uh, it's not it's not it's not terrifying. It's OK, it's trust me, it's not terrifying. And actually kind of similar to the previous caller. Uh, and the themes of the previous caller. I know you didn't hear the previous caller, but it's for the folks listen to the show. Similar to the previous caller, there is this thing of feeling like, oh, things are always so close to perfect, and they're of course never going to be and you have to kind of in relationships, I feel like you have to you you you have to settle. Some people get really fucking lucky. And they and they and they have to settle on nothing. And they're completely aligned in every aspect important and unimportant, and they're crazy sexually attracted to each other and they have a great sex life and they and they do everything that they want to with each other, and they and they and they live and they live in ex like a perfectly aligned life and all of their interests and all of their lifestyles and you know that happens. Sure, sure that exists. I don't know, you know what else exists is like you know fucking some people have a billion dollars and something like whatever, but like most of the most relationship but it's not but look, but look, it's it's okay, it's okay if that's not you, you know, So what I'm saying, Okay, So you're smart to have identified. You're really smart to have identified at the age of twenty because, by the way, I'm realizing that I'm twenty eight, I'm realizing this in my life now, you know. So yeah, like you're you, you got a good head start on the realization that nothing will ever be perfect, and you do at some point have to look at a relationship and go what am I willing to put up with? And ask yourself that question and make and you have to bargain, and you have to compromise, and you have to go well, and like I, you have to look deep in your gut and say, what am I willing to put up with about the things I do not like about this person? Things I do not like about this relationship in exchange for the beautiful things that I love about And you have to make that decision. And you're really fucking smart to have identified. Even the fact that you have to make that decision.
Speaker 2: So that's let's I feel like I'm playing with like a like a human soul. I don't want to like make the decision, just come to like like I don't know, Like ideally, you know, I stick with this person and it works out, but that's not always how life works out. And if it doesn't work out that way, like will I have been doing a disservice to have known that that could have been a possibility without taking action.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's talk about lets talk abou let' talk about it. Let's talk about that. What why do you feel like you're doing a disservice to this other person?
Speaker 2: Well, because if this, if this person is in it for the long run, like for sure, like that's like where they're placing their bets and and I'm just here because it's good right now and I don't know, I don't know if it's going to be good long term then, like I don't know. I feel like that's a different different give It's not like it isn't secretly equal.
Speaker 1: I know what you mean, and I know what you mean, and I would be lying to you if I said I had a good answer for that, I'd be lying to you if I said I had a good answer for that. But I can talk with you about what's missing.
Speaker 2: What's missing? I really couldn't tell you. It doesn't feel like anything's missing.
Speaker 3: It's just I don't know. I get.
Speaker 2: I get thoughts sometimes about like like I compare unfairly, I would say, and I I don't.
Speaker 3: Have like wandering eyes.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't see anybody else, and like, oh, I wish I was with them, because I really, like, I genuinely caerish what I have now, but part part of me does think, like like what if with people that don't exist, Like if I'll see somebody's face and I'll map it onto like a character that's like my current partner.
Speaker 1: But like yeah.
Speaker 2: Like a little bit this way, that way or whatever, I don't know, And you're like, good.
Speaker 1: These are not these are these are these are pretty natural feelings that are these are pretty These are pretty natural feelings that are uncomfortable to have, but they're worth like working through and accepting that you have them, and like coming to this kind of acceptance about it. Is this like a physical thing? Is it? Like you like you're walking around and you see other like pretty girls and you're like, what would it be like to be with like that pretty girl, or what would be like to be like with that pretty girl.
Speaker 2: Well, pretty pretty anybody, to be honest, I mean, it's not like it's a little bit recent that I've kind of discovered that I'm like kind of into both sides of the spectrum. But I've only ever gotten to experience feeding women, and so I guess that's part of it too, Like maybe I'm a little bit curious about the other gender or okay that I think there's so much that I haven't experienced. So it's just like, yeah, anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the gender thing kind of go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, I'm almost scared because I feel like I've found the person too early, Like I still want to see what there is, but I know that like if I see that, like to any person in relationships, like it's probably not going to come back to that.
Speaker 1: You know, I understand because you're like, I mean twenty twenty one is like I understand you wanting to be like, oh what else is out there? Also, like look if you were just like if you were just like like you know, straight, and you were like looking at other pretty girls, like what would we like to be that with everything? Go that that that's yeah, it opens up a whole new can of worms if you're really are out here being like, oh, I think I might have unlocked a z axis to my sexuality and I want to explore what's what's going on? What's going on in there? That's that's that's you know, I'm no expert in in in in this, but that's like kind of a legitimate thing, and those are legitimate like thoughts and questions. And I think that if if is that is that a big part of it? Is it like I want to see what it'd be like to like be with dudes.
Speaker 2: It with I mean honestly, yeah, like partially I think it's it's even I wouldn't say it's like more so one.
Speaker 3: Way or the other.
Speaker 2: It's just I just want to I mean, that's just like a whole fifty percent that I haven't seen at the at the least, let alone. What else is on the feminine present anxiety? You know what I mean? Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Mmmm mmm.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm really looking to us for like an answered per se, Like I understand that there's some things that just come with time, I do worry about the moral dilemma of like how long do I wait with these feelings before I do something about it? And what is the something before it before it becomes like an intentionally gross action, like I've done it before. We're like, I'll be dating somebody, but I know I'm not going to be with them for forever, and so I hold on to it until I feel like it's right, and then I break up with them, and then it's just the I feel terrible because I don't really want to be broken up with and they don't really want to be broken up with. But it was a long time coming, and and then they ask like, well, how long is you know? And I'm like, well, this long, and.
Speaker 3: Then that just makes it worse.
Speaker 2: So like, I can't say that this time around, if I even get to that point, Because.
Speaker 1: What's your level of communication like with this person in terms of your internal models?
Speaker 2: Pretty solid? I mean, like I said, we have a very healthy relationship, so I don't worry about talking to them so much. But there has been a worry for me bringing this up in particular because they've been kind of insecure regarding how do you call it saying loyal like loyalty. There's this person and her friend group who has been kind of throwing googly ads at me, and I just really noticed early on, and so those signals were received in a way that didn't paint me or them in a good light. And so I've been kind of working to be like, no, like, it's not like that, Like I don't like this other person, I don't have I'm not interested in them, I'm not cheating on you, none of that. Like I like you and I want to be with you, and that's the truth, Like that's not different. But then having that happening while I'm having these emotions makes it really hard for me to bring up because it's just gonna verify their current fears. Like I knew he was thinking about other people and that kind of thing, you know. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's just like that's not like that, you know, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, no, I mean you have these are these are I don't I don't have a good answer for a lot of these feelings, But I do think it's smart that you've identified the fact that you do have to at some point, like be able to look at your current relationship and be like, is this enough for me, Am I willing to sacrifice because sometimes because it'll it'll come easy to your gut, I think, like it'll it'll come easy for you to be like it at a certain point, I think. I think in certain relationships it comes easy for for one to be like, like, look at the relationship and and be like and also to be honest, man like. And this is coming from like my this is coming from like my personal thoughts and feelings with this. As you get because you're you know, you're younger, like twenty one, Like, as you get older, it becomes a lot easier to be able to like look at someone and be like I would rather put because like, okay, playing the field, let's call it being single and dating takes a lot of fucking energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 1: Takes a lot of energy. And like, I think at a certain point, you should be able to look at your relationship and be like, I would joyfully rather take all of the fucking energy that playing the field takes, and I would joyfully, joyfully rather put it into developing my relationship with this specific person. And you should be able to make that decision pretty easily, I think, you know what I mean. So you should be able to make that decision pretty easily, and you should be able to look.
Speaker 3: At like.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I personally I believe that that decision gets a little easier as you get older and if you find the first make them. So yeah, those are my thoughts on the situation.
Speaker 2: Absolutely good thoughts, good thoughts in time, I guess on the.
Speaker 1: Cool Ranch, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I don't know, Thanks loud, I've been listening to you for a long time.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: The first time I called I was like sixteen, which I know, I know, I that's not supposed to it's a little rule breaker or whatever. But anyways, you're a cool guy. So thanks for doing what you're doing. And I guess the people in the universe keep being water man, just react to the universe or should it comes to you, the present yourself.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, Cool Ranch. I appreciate you, and good luck man.
Speaker 2: Thank you all you're sick.
Speaker 3: I have a going then.
Speaker 1: Second Ranch, Bye bye, Well folks. That is the end of the episode that has been the Therapy Gecko podcast. We laughed, we learned, we loved, we had a good time. I liked those two callers, I did. They touched upon some relatable stuff. I don't know. Sometimes there's a thing where like I'll really I'll talk to someone on the phone for like the amount of time that I keep a caller on the phone is just if like if I'm just enjoying the conversation, I'll just let it rip, you know, And then I'll get a comment on Spotify it's like, why'd you let this guy go on for so long? And it's like, well, because it's you know, it's interesting. This is what's I don't know. I don't know what's so with the cop But I'm gonna be a hypocrite. I shouldn't. I should shouldn't read the comments if I'm telling other people not to read the comments. But I do. I read all the comments. Keep posting comments. I love reading the comments. What can I say? I love reading the comments. Please keep posting comments. I read all of them. I get bored. I'm on the toilet. I read the comments. But I'm I've been on the internet for I mean, like fifteen years or something like that. I'm I don't. I have moderately thick skin. I think when it comes to comments. I mean, I'm human. I like when people like me. I think that that's I think most human beings do. But anyway, before before we go, I want to give a quick shout out that I have moved from super Cast. I have deactivated my Supercast and I have now put all of the premium Therapy get Go offerings on patreon dot com slash lyle forever. So if you want to support this podcast, and you want to and you want to get access to not only every episode of this podcast completely ad free, you can link your Patreon membership to Spotify and you get access to a brand new Spotify feed that has every episode of the podcast ad free, and you also get two bonus episodes of phone calls that didn't make the main pod. You get two of those bonus episodes a month. And I'm also putting out a lot of footage from my Gecko documentaries. Those are the big things that I'm working on recently. I have extended footage from my time in Iraq, I have extended footage from my Tijuana trip. I'm going to be uploading extended footage from my Ukraine video once that gets posted at the end of the month. I do. I'm doing a little monthly Q and A over there. There's a lot of good stuff happening. So if you want to support the show, if you want to get more Gecko stuff, please go to Patreon dot com, slash lyle forever or find it in the link in the episode description. And that's about it. Get bless you all. Oh, and I'm also going on tour. My tour is coming up soon. If you live in San Diego or Los Angeles, please go go get those tickets. There are there are still some tickets available to those shows. Those shows are happening in one month. Therapy geckotour dot com. I started off the tour here in Tokyo where I've been hanging out for a couple months and it's been cool. So uh, the Tokyo show was great. Thanks for anyone who came out to the Tokyo show. I've got some stories that I'm telling. I'm doing my Gecko therapy. It's it's a good show. I'm very proud of the show. I'm very happy with the live show. This is the fourth time doing it. Please come out. Therapy geckotour dot com. And those are my little plugs. Those are the things I am am letting you guys know are available if you desire to venture further into the therapy gecko universe. Uh that's it. God bless you all, thanks for listening. Be back soon. Goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 2: The Repacon goes doing his night's teaching you a loud in your life, but he's not really an expert.