Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Come Up to the Internet, and welcome to season two ninety four, episode one of.
Speaker 2: Joe Daly's Yay production of My Hour Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into.
Speaker 1: America's share consciousness. It's Thursday, July sixth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Wow, this feels kind of spot on, and I don't want to be stereotypical, but is National Fried Chicken Day and National Sushi handrell Day?
Speaker 4: Wow, the same damn time.
Speaker 3: It's also National International Kissing Day and the image is of two parrots kissing, which again now evokes the very sageons now kiss But anyway, Yeah, look at a wonderful day. Wonderful day, amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka Do Do Do Graham has come, Dode Do Graham has come. You put a bang bang into my gut.
Speaker 4: It makes my heart sky high.
Speaker 2: When my guzzlin starts Grimma's come into my shake goes a drip, drip drip, tim my tummy aches. That is courtesy of Castrol Casanova.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Casserole Casanova. I needed to get a grimace. Come on in because we are thought leaders. In the Grimace Shake space they did. The meme did turn from people drinking the Grimmas Come Milkshake and suddenly horrible things happening to them too. Over the weekend a lot of Grim's Come Milkshake fu cocky videos which we were onto it. We were on this thing. This is maybe the proudest I've ever been of anything we've done with this podcast.
Speaker 3: And on this fried Chicken and Sushi handral day of all day, that's right, of all day.
Speaker 1: You come to me fried Chicken and Sushi Hamer all day and tell me about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hm, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles.
Speaker 5: Grand don't gotta big day, but you say yah asses clean, but you say ya as well.
Speaker 3: Baby blacker Ni, thank you for that. Just a friend ak because when Jack Quaest was on last week we were talking about the bidette just got a powerwash, you know, get that thing clean. Uh yeah, but days all day. Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: All the day. M hm, Well, Miles, We're thrilled to be joined.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of our favorite guests.
Speaker 3: Here all podcast, Bigger than a guest, the original Hip Hop.
Speaker 1: Day One super producer of the Daily Side Guys, and many of the first rate podcasts on this network, such as This is Important Last Culturistas. You've heard her on her podcast with Sharen Ethnically Ambiguous, and on segments of this show, such as on a Streaming Corner TM. It's the mind behind the iconic phrase. That's prestige casting, it's super producer.
Speaker 4: Oh no, hose, wow, thank you so much for having me. Oh my god, half the things you were introducing me as I couldn't remember I did. Oh, it's so nice being back.
Speaker 3: How was your Fourth of July weekend?
Speaker 4: I'm so exhausted. You guys are the first people I've spoken to all morning.
Speaker 3: You have that morning voice.
Speaker 4: I had a meeting this story, and I straight up was like, I'm not really available right now. I'll just be honest, but yeah, no, I just like this morning I woke up. I don't know why, but doing fourth of July on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Is something about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not okay.
Speaker 1: This doesn't feel like it should be happening right now, pod, So it doesn't feel like we should be recording a podcast, right.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I would have preferred to have the fifth off then the third mm hmmm, because yeah, having your Fourth of July feel like a Sunday. Yeah, it was a little bit weird, and I was. It definitely threw a wrench of my gears, but anyway, it is what it is. Didn't stop the neighborhood from exploding though, with constant fireworks.
Speaker 4: Yeah did you guys? Find and Jack? I know you're out of town because I follow all your sort of doings on your wife's instagram, you know, like everything, I know everything Jack wears and does.
Speaker 1: Howd I look this week? Off hat?
Speaker 4: At one point anyway, I'm saying, I'm such a fucking weirdos there was I'll talk to you about it off offline. But Myles, did you know it was sort of a haze over l A last night? Was that the fireworks?
Speaker 3: I don't know they they we had like a terrible air quality warning, right, But also for the amount of fireworks that were going off, I would believe that is just residual gun powder or something, because I it was wild last night, even when it wasn't going up like immediately around me off in the distance, it was.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So yeah, and this morning it looked fucking I don't know yeah, you look at.
Speaker 1: The weather report and it's just icon of like little firework fireworks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well I was like trying that last night when I was driving home. I was like, there is a serious haze over the city of LA Is it fireworks or are we just having like a weird overcast moment.
Speaker 1: In my mind to go really fucked up.
Speaker 4: Or I'm boxing the ship out of this town right now?
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: That was not the ship, No, but it felt like there was like a sort of like post sort of fireworks haze.
Speaker 3: There was stench, for sure. There was a stench where all up in my backyard from just the neighborhood fireworks.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, there's always just an emotional hangover from the fireworks because they're so fun and so just you know, I live and die with each one of those bang bangs going off.
Speaker 3: So do you sell it? Like do you wear red white? I'm curious as somebody who's like a new father and is very cynical towards the United States, like I was very split on how to celebrate, like do you I was like, do we dress him up like wearing red, white and blue or some ship? Or do I tell him, you know, this country hates you, right, I didn't know which way to play it, so we went not white and blue.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We we didn't really do much, but we were just kind of chilling, so we didn't we didn't dress them up like Uncle Sam. This year.
Speaker 3: At what point should I tell my child that this country hates him?
Speaker 4: I mean I would start, I would just start sort of whispering sweet nothing. Oh do you need to understand It's just country is not really for him, sort of like kind of start like that, right, okay, yeah, slowly turn the volume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then him literally.
Speaker 4: A problem by kindergarten.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, he's gonna be he'll be able to recite every rage against the machine he's by the time he's five. Yeah, it's that's that's guarantees you need him some child to be like.
Speaker 4: Do you want to play in the sandbox with me? He's like the thing you need to understand about sand is and then some sort of you know, like political tribe about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, go on, yes, okay, I will. I'm in my effort to make the most annoying child on that exactly.
Speaker 1: Just drug dealing is bad. Have you seen the import export of sand Man.
Speaker 4: And wants you to play in here. Okay, who do you.
Speaker 1: Think breaks those rocks into little tiny sand colonels? Nah, that can't be it grains of sand. Anyways, on a we are thrilled to have you. Thank you so much for joining us. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, here's some things we're talking about. We're gonna talk about that Ron De Santo's campaign video that dropped over the weekend. That is like getting onto into the like surreal bead psychedelic experience levels of just openly embracing fascism. Also like he doesn't I don't know, Like I think there's your problem, I say, as.
Speaker 3: You diagnose his campaign that's falling apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's a mess.
Speaker 3: He did come out as an alligator man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a big alligator guy. He's a you know, both Trump and Biden are laser eyes guys. They're like dark Biden, dark Trump. Things are laser shooting out of their eyes. He came out with lightning coming out of his eyes. Yeah, so that's that's something he's trying to differentiate himself. There. We'll talk about that we'll talk about Summer of the Shark Part two. I felt that it's happening. It's all over the movies.
Speaker 3: It's happening.
Speaker 1: It's happening, folks. Miles gonna do a little TikTok check in for us. We're gonna talk about two TikTok trends, Sillennials and girl Dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did not know what they were till now.
Speaker 1: We we're gonna talk about the Barbie movie. We're gonna talk about all sorts of all sorts of shit plenty more. But first, an know, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I've really gotten into Architectural Digest okay ad And it's sort of it's not even that like I got into it as more of they sent me six hundred emails. So now I'm just into it out of just like the four like just just just because I opened my email, I'm like, I guess I do need to know about Diane Keaton's real estate before, you know. So that's sort of where I'm at right now. But this morning, because I was having such a slow morning, I really couldn't even really I woke up and couldn't really remember who I was that happens. I opened my email and started reading all these sort of arc debt, arc diges, arcstig sort of like uh, you know, the emails they sent out. And the first one really caught my eye because it said inside Nick Cannon's wide ranging real estate portfolio. And then and then the subtext which are not the subtext whatever the you know the thing subtitle subpedne. The subtext is very clear, but it said the multi hyphen it and father of twelve has a pension for buying properties for the people he loves. Now, that is an incredible way of putting that the man has twelve kids and needs to buy twelve homes.
Speaker 3: Right all right, houses like for the like the mothers of his children. Basically, I mean, look.
Speaker 4: It dates back from two thousand and two, like when he likes kind of had his breakout moment in drumline, drub line.
Speaker 3: Drug line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the line July fifth or July fourth, But so from drumline, you know, it starts and talks about the houses he built, but then like as you go on and sort of more kids start appearing. Right, Sorry, just the whole article I was in there like, huh, well, yeah, it makes sense that he would have all big portfolio of homes. He doesn't really have a choice. I did read that he has a nursery in his office building. I just read this like in the first paragraph, a neon lit room with tumbling matts, a ball pit and toy instruments.
Speaker 1: Wait, neon lights like neon like bar lighting, I guess to make it more like fun. Okah, yeah, because he has.
Speaker 3: Most of they said, yeah, the father of twelve children, many of whom are less than one year old. Yeah, we remember we were here the last couple of years being like another oh, another, another one. Yeah, his publicist is working hard, Like there's been multiple headlines about Nick Cannon like that are like his media empire, and I think there was one in Forbes maybe or like one of one of those his love of pseudo science, right podcas But anyway, sure.
Speaker 4: He has a pensant for buying homes for the ones he loved. Just say it what it is, like, Just say, like, the man has a pensant for you know, sort of having multiple baby mamas. And that's fine, but like, don't try and sugarcoat why he owns so much property let's be real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, has a lot of obligations. He's got a lot of tables.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, he's got a lot of tables. And that's fine. Yeah, good for him. He's an arc digest.
Speaker 1: What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Oh? Overrated? Actually, you know what. Here's the thing. I've had multiple sort of emotional reactions. First, sort of the the viral marketing of the Grimace shake situation. I was like, oh my god, this is genius, This is hilarious. Those kids they're all dead, you know. And then after a while I saw about seventeen hundred more bootleg versions of that video, and I started to be like, Okay, you guys, you're not all dead. Okay, you're all fine. It's just a sugary purple drink relax which you could possibly be dead of. Is how much this viral marketing is now too much? Okay? So that's sort of now. I'm kind of like I started out being like l O L it makes no sense. How would a tape from Goodwill already have this footage on it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Like that means like that tape there are holes in those Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Tv cam was bought and donated within a twenty four hours. Yeah, that makes no sense.
Speaker 1: A day and this.
Speaker 4: Yees yeah, yeah, I was like what what, Like that shake just came out? Who had the time to already do this anyway? And now it's like every influencer or YouTube star or I don't even know twitch star is now being killed by the shake, And I'm like, okay, it is one too cute eighteen in a row. I'm not buying it.
Speaker 3: You're like, I was really holding out for there to be a real epidemic of deaths from this milkshake. I guess not. It's like anything, but that's like kind of how TikTok is. At first, I'll be like, wait, this person's just doing the other person's bit, and you realize it's more just about participating in the thing that's happening at the time, versus being like, this is not originality in its highest form. This is merely another iteration of the previous trend I've seen. But yeah, it's fun to see the build on it.
Speaker 1: Justin let's take it from the top. I'll do a different AKA, let's start it over.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, I thought that ak was incredible.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, you just get me wrong. She was telling me she's like, is he okay? While you were singing drooling from the mouth.
Speaker 4: The other night, I had like a tennis Monday night before the day before fourth of July. I had a really great shot and I screamed it was Grimace. And I don't know why I did that because I had been at McDonald's earlier that day. Yeah, so it's sort of like it just sort of came out of me. Every person looked at me with the Grimma shake. You know, Viral marketing is truly an incredible art form. Okay, I guess I gotta give it to them.
Speaker 3: This is one of those things where it was it's not that it was intentionally viral, because people are like, this thing's fucking weird and then came now talking about it. Yeah, because we're still trying to figure out what McDonald's how they officially feel about people being like it's basically grimace ejaculating into a cup and you eat it and you die.
Speaker 4: That's hilarious that you think McDonald's isn't secretly behind all this.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, if they are, then I'm gonna sue. We have to sue them, because we were we were calling it Grimace come before anybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's sort of on you for thinking that, like, like, original ideas are still a thing.
Speaker 1: Doing exactly Like there's there's a flow chart somewhere that just says podcasters call it grimis come in like one of the things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think it's their own idea.
Speaker 3: L O L l O.
Speaker 4: Well okay, sure, but that's hilarious. We have been in your heads for years now.
Speaker 3: Look back at your old emails. You're like, Wow, you won't grimace when you come into our restaurants. And I'm like, all these different ways.
Speaker 4: It's like the rehearsal episode where he's like, well, gunpowder is from China, the Chinese, like thee forever inventing gunpowder? Can I just I just want to give one shout out to a woman I played tennis with, absolutely lovely soul. Her name is Nadia. She went everyone else knows what I'm talking about. When I saw that, she turns and goes, what's a grimace? And I gotta say, God, bless you Nadia for just being a real human being so deeply online. She's like a physician, physician's assistant. She's a wonderful people. One of my favorite people I played tennis was but her genuine reaction to what's like what yeah?
Speaker 3: And I was like you stay here because but also an you did the weirdest thing by it was Grimace? Wait how what was the like serf like? It was like a nice drop shot you hit? Like, well, what exactly what are we talking here?
Speaker 1: Is it like an Angels in the field situation where Grimace's spirit came over you and helped you do the.
Speaker 4: No, I don't even I don't. I honestly don't know why I yelled it. It was a small class of like sort of like the like the main crew of tennis players. So it was just like a very fun class and it's just sort of a moment like everyone was like cheering for me, and in a moment I just yelled it was grim I honestly don't know. That's how sort of good viral marketing is. I don't really know where it came from.
Speaker 3: Stilled in me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a product of my generation.
Speaker 1: Okay, m oh yeah, branches cliffs to avalanches, Grimace, it was Grima. Sorry, it's not Grimace did it.
Speaker 4: It's it was Grimace who did it. I haven't had a grimace, shake, I haven't. I just sort of not really drawn to sort of like.
Speaker 1: Jack, yeah, I haven't been back. What is something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: Underrated?
Speaker 4: Underrated, underrated, underrated. Yeah, that's a good one, sort of like, uh uh, this is something because I was just at my parents house and I have this fight with my dad every time I go home. It's sort of like a comfortable bed m hmm, because my dad is at that point now where everything has to be the firmest thing you've ever fucking touched. I'm sorry, firm beds. I'll burn you all to the ground. What the fuck? How you sit on this bed and you're like is this a bench? Like it is incredible? Yeah, what my dad thinks he's getting away with in this house of his.
Speaker 3: Wow, and what do you say? You're like, is this for real? And then is what's his response? He's like, it's good for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He goes like, well I have back pain, and it's like that's cool. So why is it now almost in every guest room as well, because you think all your guests have back pain?
Speaker 3: Right right?
Speaker 1: He likes to explore all the beds, you know, take a lott well here's the thing.
Speaker 4: I bought a foam topper for the one in my room because I was like, when I'm here, I'm not sleeping on a bench. I was like, I am your child, okay, like you brought me into this world. I will not sleep on a bench. And so, but then this time I went in and I was like, where's my foam topper on this bed that you shouldn't? Like, why are even around this bed? And he goes, well, sometimes I sleep in this bed, and I go, why are you sleeping in this bed? Eddie basically was like, well, I don't know. Your mom isn't really laking me around, which I was like, fair, fair, fair, because you have sleep you have undiagnosed sleep apnea and refuse to acknowledge it.
Speaker 3: But just like Joe Biden, yeah yeah, and so and then and you know, so.
Speaker 4: We sort of kind of got into it, and I'm just like, come on, get at least like if you need to get a good middle, Like, you can't just force people to sleep on a firm You got to give them something.
Speaker 1: I love a firm bed topped with a soft like firm but soft, you know what I mean, Like the underneath it feels like you're being held by a giant, but like a.
Speaker 4: Level of cushion. You just I just want to I don't want like sort of like my hip and like because I'm a side sleeper, so when i sleep on a firm bed, it's like I'm being beat up. Yeah, I wake up in pain. Yeah, you're not fair.
Speaker 3: You never want to like be like tired, and you're like, let me get in this bed and you hop in and just like oh, it's like all angles.
Speaker 4: You're like, that's not cool. Get us a good comfortable, underrated, a good comfortable bed that doesn't feel like a bench and.
Speaker 3: Does and it's not stinky either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you definitely don't want to be.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be steering wheel wire.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Sorry, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about Randa Santas, Ron Santas, Ron Santas, r Randy Santos, Randy Santos, And we're back and we're talking Randy Santos, Love Randy Santos, Ran Ran Randy. That's what we're gonna be saying in a couple of months that he ran for president. He's not run anymore. There's this guy. His campaign's in trouble. Foe. I don't know. This is one of the weirder campaign videos. It's very extremely online, extremely TikTok.
Speaker 3: If people had things to do over the weekend, God bless you, did you see yes, And.
Speaker 4: Let's be real, it's just one of those Grima shake viral market.
Speaker 1: It does turn into a Grimma shake viral marketing thing.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like over the weekend, his campaign puts out this video. It says, the tweet said, to wrap up quote Pride month, let's hear from the politician who did more than any other Republican to celebrate it. And they kick it off. They're juxtaposing this montage of Donald Trump basically saying like he's indifferent to LGBTQ people and saying like he didn't care what bathroom like Caitlin Jenner, you just shit like that, and then they juxtaposed that I'm just gonna I'm just gonna play a little bit of it, so you just hear this like weird, fucking macho turn. It takes suddenly where they go like they're basically trying to paint Trump is like this pro LGBTQ president with like rainbow filter over everything. And then we get that fucking alpha male hit of content right after Yes.
Speaker 4: Make America Greater Inside.
Speaker 3: No, No, Chad Shantis, Christian Bale, we got Wow Santas shuts down school's drag shows, he keeps anti drug laws canceled. This guy, this governor, does not care what the fuck. First of all, if anyone who's on TikTok at all, you've probably heard that with so many weird like macho alpha man memes and ship.
Speaker 1: But I saw it over you know, me on Instagram and pictures with me and my family over the weekend.
Speaker 4: I mean, I will say, like, it's pretty incredible because it has me thinking of so much random ship, right, I sort of lost with the point of the video.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's truly like it's again for people don't realize that it sounded just so hard to follow, But the whole point was to say, essentially, the distillation is Donald Trump loves gay people. Ronda Santis hates them. We're legitimately whoa because like it's so he looks like fucking agro. Then there's like buff guys that are greased up. You see Brad Pitt's Achilles from the movie Troy Pah Blinders.
Speaker 1: I know it's over to like call everything homorotic, but it is like him being mean to trans people and gay people while like just showing gratuitous footage of like the hot hot dudes. Yeah, just like gripped hot dudes next to him, which I don't know what like it. I understand what they're trying, like they're trying to do a dextaposition that it's it associates it in your mind, but like textually and like logically it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: Well what their social media person is just using like a format of TikTok to just be like X and y.
Speaker 1: But yes, when you're.
Speaker 3: Doing like policy, it just comes off. So it normally be like this is how like you know, like some beta dude would like shoot a basketball, but here's how the alpha bro would do it. And they're like, whoa, this guy is so tough, but this one is just so weird because you're like, and this guy's a hateful fuck and that's supposed to get people all raw rod about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yeah, it's very unapologetic, earnest and but like an earnest embrace of like things that are like people, and I don't think people like ultimately, I don't know Patrick Bateman and an American psycho is or like I think later there's Leonardo DiCaprio and Wolf of Wall Street, like these are satirical embodiments of like the excesses of like America and capitalism, and like he's just like, no, that shit is cool. Like I he doesn't have a sense of humor, so it's just this weird thing. Like that's the thing that he lacks next to Trump, is like he doesn't have any sense of like humor about him. But like, mainly it just reveals the problem. Like his campaign is trying to be both more extreme than Trump and also like the more reasonable alternative. Right, Yeah, I don't know what I mean this guy. But then there's like.
Speaker 3: It's just weird that you're going after like a smaller portion of the electorate by running to the right of Trump, you know what I mean. You're like, that's that's how he's differentiating. And yeah, I don't know. I mean, like I'm I guess I'm glad that this guy turned out to be way less savvy than like I had thought initially, because at first I was like, this guy might not make the same mistakes Trump will, But he just made the worst calculation miscalculation by being like, I'm gonna like the GOP's problem right now is that all of the all of the policies are seen as bigoted and we're marching towards fascism. That it's a huge negative. So I'm just gonna dive headfirst into that and see if that helps.
Speaker 4: I would say he is sort of kind of nailing that, Like what is it? Wow, I can't even remember the word when you're like it's like you're you're creating this sort of world and it's like all the images are flashing before you. So it is again, I can't stop going to viral marketing where he's like inceptioning us.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, like the Lootabco treatment from Clockwork Orange.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Like where he's trying to almost make us think that he has a six pack. Do you get that? Like it's kind of one the way where he's like, I'm Ron Desantas, I hate gay.
Speaker 1: People, trump gay people.
Speaker 4: And by the way, the most important fact is that I have a six pack, and you need a president who needs a six pack, and if you don't have a president who's a six pack, then you love gay people. And you're like, what.
Speaker 1: Totally made sense if there was like it would have fit perfectly if it's a DeSantis is Chad or like you know, like something just like flashing text on the screen, like it's so yeah, it's just so cynical and like openly so yeah.
Speaker 4: And by the end, I was literally like, wait, did ron de Sands to star in three hundred? I couldn't remember anymore like where I was. And I think that's actually kind of a genius move by him, even though like we as like normal folk can see through sort of the bullshit, Like I think it works really well for his base because they start to be like he has a six pack, My president needs a six pack, and Trump no six pack.
Speaker 3: They go on to debate stage, all right, then all right, Trump, lift your shirt off, then buddy, six pack off right now.
Speaker 4: And if he doesn't like six packs, boom, he loves gays And it's like, I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: Perfect triangulation, perfect triangulation.
Speaker 4: That's what I got from all about.
Speaker 1: Fascists and bodybuilding too, like this yes suck like that music with the bodybuilding like something about the like power and like desexualized nudity, Like really really they love that shit?
Speaker 3: Well anything really do because so much of the imagery has to harken back to traditional gender roles too. Yeah, yeah, that's a huge They're not saying it out loud, but that's what they all say to each other, is like, we need to go back to the fucking twenties basically, and men need to be fucking men again. I don't know what happened to men and women got to get back in that damn kitchen, like and that's sort of what all their policies they're trying to like nudge society back in that direction. But again, just I don't know, use just shit post your way to masculinity with these cool.
Speaker 1: It does seem to be his theory on the case is that like he can just ship post his way, and like I think he saw that Trump's power comes from his like willingness to like go far, and so he's like, well, we need like that seems to be the one ingredient that he's like not willing to lose as he takes like further develops this campaign. Is like he's just going to keep going further and further, even though he has to have like so many advisors, being like, no, just be the Jeb Bush, be the reasonable guy.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm not gonna win.
Speaker 4: He has advisors.
Speaker 1: I mean, nobody's probably telling him the truth, but yeah, he's probably I think he's mostly advisors. I think he's like a composite of a bunch of advisors.
Speaker 3: See. Everyone says he's like a robot, like he doesn't have any personality, but I think, yeah, it's this is This is just on top of two all the stories you're reading about how in Florida they're losing a lot of money because conventions are just fucking not going to like places like Orlando or Miami because like like it's a big draw for like international or national organizations to be like and here's our convention in Orlando or whatever. They're losing like millions of dollars like constantly, as people are like, ah, yeah, actually that thing that was gonna bring fifteen thousand people there, Nah, not gonna do it because either a the organization is like diametrically opposed to his policies, or even if they're not political, they're just like, ah, we'd rather not even like invite any criticism of being associated with the state. So I don't know. I don't think he even cares anyway, because, like I think he's following the example of many others. You can shit post your way into the fucking halls of power basically in this country if you if you do it cleverly enough.
Speaker 1: There's also the picture of he and Casey DeSantis on a beach where like he's in shorts and like a baggy shirt and just looks like, you know, a guy in his mid thirties who was in a fraternity and people. I think it went viral because people pointed out that that they are walking on the beach and there are no footsteps behind them.
Speaker 3: It looks like a fake ad for like when SNL does fake ads. Yeah, this feels exactly. Also, his wife doesn't have feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his wife is like stepping on her dress or is just she.
Speaker 3: Has one has one leg, Yes, that's in the center of her body.
Speaker 1: This guy was right leg cocked, like he knows how to walk. But it based on the fact that there are no footsteps in the picture, it would appear.
Speaker 4: So what is that saying.
Speaker 1: I just think that this would he needs to get tougher than this image would be. My reaction, my guess is that his campaign like saw this and we're like, oh no, no, no, no, this guy, this guy does not evoke lightning coming out of his eyes.
Speaker 4: No. So but like, you know, it's like one set of footprints because like God was carrying you or over the hell? Yeah, like what does zero set of footprints say that.
Speaker 3: You're both not human? Yeah, that you walk backwards on the beach, that you're lizard people, which is another thing I think people are overlooking. One of the last frames of that person is Ron DeSantis as a gator mouthed, fucking like humanoid, like I don't even know. So then he's also saying, I'm also in the I'm in the I'm in the swamp land, trying to bite off your feet like a little alligator, Like what who are you? Are you speaking blinders? Are you gator man? Are you into buff guys?
Speaker 1: Ron?
Speaker 3: Help us here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Feel strong ones, I think of Steve Irwin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, probably, And were you thinking, like the word do you think it was like splicing, Like he's like splicing, like almost splicing these frames in so like we're not registering them, but we're like making those associations. We're like, wait, did you have a six pack in that one frame? Maybe?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think splicing it's a word for like sort of like creating like a sort of propaganda and while simultaneously like inceptioning people with like content. I forget what how.
Speaker 1: Randy Sando like editing that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Anyways, Yeah, with like a club beat that you could potentially hear at a gay club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like that is the song that you would hear at a like gay club in Berlin in a nineteen eighties movie, you know, or like like a movie, like an action movie.
Speaker 3: They'd be like, oh, this second track that that plays in that video. Yeah, yeah, because that's like has this like like fonk genre field to Anyway, it's all detuned MIDI cow bells for all the music nerds out there.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, don't get distracted by desantists, because we have big news that is super real and very important that everybody should be paying attention to, and that is that the Summer of the Shark is back, Baby, Summer of the Shark part two. I remember there was a news story a couple of weeks back that tipped that. They were like it was like a weird non story, but they were like, yeah, the ocean's full of sharks, you guys, there's a shit out there. Yeah. It was like something about how like environmentalism has made it so that the seas are like just swarming with sharks and we might be in for a The Summer of the Shark, if you'll remember, that was on the front page of Time magazine when nine to eleven happened. They were calling it the Summer of the Shark because there were like a couple high profile shark attacks that summer. Right, So now we're getting news stories about how an aggressive shark sent a swimmer fleeing in shallow Florida waters, So like that that is just a person saw a shark and moved away from the shark, is the news story. But it's like on the front page of Drudge.
Speaker 3: My mother in law recently told me that she was in Florida and like, for the first time, like the lifeguards are like screaming shark and it wanted to get out. Oh really, yeah, I mean, maybe there's something to this, but maybe there she could have been that woman there referencing Yeah, I don't know if it's possible, but yeah, so I've heard Florida shark stories this week.
Speaker 1: I think there's I think there's also something to do with like in the same way that we started seeing a lot of balloons, like spy balloons once we heard that there was a spy balloon, and like once we turned our technology to catching these by balloons. I'm just gonna read a paragraph from us one of the stories that they're linking off to to be like sharks, sharks are back in their pits. Quote this morning, prior to lifeguards going on duty and are authorizing swimming, we had a complete drone patrol and right here in front of Field three, we saw a school of sharks. There were approximately fifty sand sharks there. The beach was closed and oh yeah, so this is Charles Gorman, New York State Park's regional director. And then the beach was closed once more after a possible shark sighting, but officials determined it was a dolphin.
Speaker 3: So but also like sand sharks, like you have not the one with a sand shark. Yeah, I was into sharks. I'm like sand shark you have to like step on it. To get bit by a sand shark kind of thing. So I like that they're also just observing things like, yeah, they live there, but they're not the kinds typically are attacking people.
Speaker 1: And the fact that we now do thorough drone patrols and report if we see a single shark where they live to like a media that is like very eagle to gobble up anything with the word shark in it probably has something to do with this being a trending story.
Speaker 3: So Jack, it's not so in your estimation it is not the Summer of the shark or you're all in because I know you love sharks every day for it to be the Summer of the shark.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and one was the Summer of the shark, whether it was an important news story or not. Time magazine declared it such, So I I think we might be into it in for another one of those where people are just sort of sublimating their residual anxiety over the state of the world into being afraid of sharks.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, that's fair. Although but you're you're one of the few people who wants to get their whole shop once again eaten by a shark. Yeah yeah, fully. So that's why that's why you're in the East coast. You heard, that's the more sharks are the one out there. Man, got a lot of sharks out here. All right.
Speaker 1: Should we take another break and come back and talk TikTok? Yeah, talk and talk, all right, We'll be right back and we're back, and Miles, it's time to check him with the TikTok. Check folks on TikTok.
Speaker 3: A couple of buzz out there.
Speaker 1: You pay attention to TikTok on him?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Are you a millennial? What a millennial? Who's really into Vladimir Zolenski?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, non.
Speaker 3: So the first thing I said was scanniel Zone scanniel. But yeah, buckle up because we're time to get hip with the kids on tiktoks. So there is one thing that people are talking about. Millennial are like these the people who straddle both gen z and millennials loosely born between nineteen ninety and two thousand. So that's you anna do you do you do you see yourself as a millennial or a millennial?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm definitely millennial energy yeah yeah, yeah, okay, because because there are things I see and I go like that kids these days, right, like that of shake thing.
Speaker 1: So I feel like we're seeing some generation drift here, because like gen Z is late nineties, Like I feel like this is a story written by millennials who want to be gen Z.
Speaker 3: Well no, this is well apparently, so what happened? A lot of gen Z people are like they're they say, I could clock a millennial from okay, fucking five hundred yards away. It's mostly gen Z kids that are observing it, okay. And it's more that like they're like one person's like they wear straight leg pants, not skinny jeans like a real millennial. But they also may wear baggy your gen Z type pants, and I'm like, okay, that's not really the best indicator. Then are also like one interesting was like they post pictures of themselves having funds with their friends. Millennials just do the selfie. It's the solo plural with their friends, uh oh yeah, oh yeah, having a lot of funds.
Speaker 1: Uh And then so millennials do the fun with the friends, regular millennials with selfie selfie, what does gen.
Speaker 3: Z do just very just just yeah or out of out like blurry photos because abstract I'm not pressed by this. I'm just taking pictures.
Speaker 1: I'm in the moment, jumped with obscure.
Speaker 3: Caption absolutely or like two emoji or whatever, you know what I mean. But I have nothing to do with whatever the picture the pictures are. And then another one is like basically saying like these like zillennials are like terminally online like most young people, but also remember the days of renting physical media at Blockbuster. And ultimately, it just feels like it's very difficult to define what like what these in between generation people are. You kind of just are firmly in one or the other. I feel like, I don't know as I find myself being a quote geriatric millennial, as like the oldest cohort of millennials, But I don't look at it as me being like which side am I I'm like, I think I'm just like the kid that was held back a bunch in the class. So I'm older than everybody, Yeah yeah, and energy from you? Oh yeah yeah? I mean what gen X habits do I have except for wanting to do cocaine and hack computers all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those tiny little hacker glasses you were.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I will say I think fashion is not a good indicator because fashion, the trends sort of transcend age, you know what I mean, Like, oh, yeah, you're to be interested in fashion, you will always follow the trends regardless of age.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, my cargo pants I wear now. And while I'm in dad mode, baggy is shit because I'm like, you know what, if we're going back to it, let's get baggy again. But yeah, it's not. But if a kid asked me, like, who you know my favorite artist would be, I'm like, Missy misdemeanor Elliott, who what? Oh my grandma's favorite singer. She ain't a singer. She's hip hop. Okay, you know what I mean. Yeah, she does sing a little bit, but she does a lot of other things.
Speaker 1: So we talk about how like the different classes are, like you're only aware of the class that's like directly above you and directly below you. And like this story is like so far out of my range that it's nothing. None of this is real to me. I don't know who any of these people are. Wow, Missy Elliott is I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've never heard a blockbuster. Yeah, I was on the tip Beta Max tapes. Yeah, I get I used to rent those, would you But do you think of yourself as gen X Jack? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do? So this is like that's what when I was saying that there's like some creep happening here. I remember like when it was cool to be a millennial. I think a lot of like gen X people who were born like I'm late gen X and like I'm I was born in eighty so but then like people were like, no, you're actually an elder millennial and I was like, yes, yeah, I'm an elder millennial. I want that. But yeah, I think I'm just like I think that's more people wanting to be young who are creating these new categories. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think gen Z has a pension for really good marketing and labeling things that like already like we just know to be true. Like Chugi was just like whoa what is that? And You're like, you know, just that's what they're calling the shit that we do. Oh okay, it's not like a whole like you know, system of thinking. The other thing that I came across and Becca Superduser. Becca was also helped me understand was girl Dinner, which, as I saw, I was like, oh, these are nice charcuterie plates that people are putting together. But no girl dinner was just, you know, a way for women to just throw something together to eat in a way that is low effort and not having to cook for yourself or guests or a partner or something like that, and just indulge in some of your favorite foods you have lying around in a nice, beautifully arranged plate.
Speaker 1: But to actually, I now see why I don't identify as a millennial because I'm actually gen z because this is totally amazing.
Speaker 3: You love that plate full of barata. So some of these people have like their plates are they look like full on charcuterie boards. And I thought I thought that was like the fucking whack thing to do was to be into charcuterie. That was like a very millennial thing. But I guess we're coming full circle and just cobbling together again what I call just cobbling shit together that you have to make a meal because you don't want to cook. But I get it. This has been branded something a little bit different.
Speaker 4: This Uh, these girl dinners look like they took eight hours to make.
Speaker 3: Oh the way they're arranged, Yeah, it's for the vibes.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously, to tiktokification of dinner is a very fascinating thing because a real girl dinner is me. I cut bri up a little too large pieces. I put on that, I put that on the on the bread, I throw it on a pan, and then I eat it right over the pan while being like wait, wait, wait, why is it exactly No, you're.
Speaker 1: Grilled cheese with.
Speaker 3: I thought you were just had like loose bready like and I gotta eat it over this hot pan.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, Yes, I'm but I'm making like an open face sort of like grilled cheese with piso on it, but like it's kind of like what am I doing? And then I'll eat, Like I'll just grab a cucumber, just eat the cucumber and that's dinner. Baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Min is loose turkey slices with like a block of like cheddar cheese. I got that's like slightly fancier because it's like got that more tang to it, like when it's English cheddar.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Then probably like loose pickles kim chi always because I always have to have kimchia my refrigerator.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: And what the fuck was oh, and like whatever loose dips I get from like trader.
Speaker 1: Jokes, Yeah, get some dips on there, but I would never put them on the same plate together. I would so much rather have like the ingredients of a sandwich with pretzels as the bread instead of like having the like a sandwich with with do you do that.
Speaker 3: You put a little you put a little dollible mustard, like some dipping mustards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get the mustard on the side, and then that can you know, because those pretzels work with hummus too, so I can I can start working that into the action. And it's just a kind of a non ending, never ending grazing thing, whereas a sandwich. Once you eat the sandwich, you're done. But yeah, like the open endedness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you know again, like this isn't without controversy either, because you know, there's like also a very unhealthy trend of posting like you know, like their own versions of a girl dinner and ends up slight like probably promoting like disordered eating and things like that, or just the toxic loophole of like comparative living when people start saying like that's what this person eats and they look like x Y and Z. So again, you know, social media is and without it starts sides. It turns out it's not just all fun and games and grimm has come.
Speaker 1: Like when Gwyneth Paltrow came through and I was like yeah, and then for dinner, I like to have a nice bone broth. Oh yeah, that's I saw.
Speaker 3: A video of somebody fucking up making bone broth on TikTok where they're straining it, but they just dumped the contents into the sink like they didn't have a secondary thing to catch the bone broth. They just put a strainer over their sink and then dumped it all out. And then after like ah fuck, damn, you.
Speaker 4: Poured out the good bitch. I don't even get it.
Speaker 3: They just threw it in the sink like they were thinking, like when you're making pasta, you know, like you're draining your pasta when it's like you need the whole point was the fucking water, but you just dumped that shit and you strained it out, and then like it's just the reagon like oh fuck, yeah, hours gone, hours gone. Oh BECKA saw that one. See we're out here. See I'm also gen z as well.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, we're all gen z. Thank you JENSZX. That's me.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Can I just say I think, you know, maybe I am more sillennial because I do like to sort of engage with that content. But actually I'm starting to think maybe it's there is like a fine line between like the amount of patients you have for scrolling at your age, because I definitely I hit a point with TikTok where I'm like, I can't do this anymore, Like I simply can't do it, Like are you go scrolling a warning?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Do you ever scroll on TikTok to you get the video? Or like, hey, motherfucker, you've been scrolling a minute.
Speaker 4: I never get there.
Speaker 3: I get there a lot.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I never sillennial than I am because I I lose patients.
Speaker 3: Which I'm talking so I'm such a baby. We all know that I'm twenty three years old.
Speaker 1: You know, did anybody get the Twitter, like get to the end of Twitter?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't gotten there.
Speaker 1: I did not either, And I was like, oh, I'm mad in theory, but damn I do.
Speaker 4: I think it's a good thing. I think we potentially might have like sort of a good sort of we we we stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, that's enough day, That's plenty good.
Speaker 3: Gotta make him good though that. Wow, that makes even more like picky, like, oh, who's tweet? Am I gonna look at it today? But it would be a good one you have you can choose.
Speaker 1: No, maybe in this hypothetical future where you like.
Speaker 3: Them.
Speaker 1: I like to be mindful about my Twitter consumption. Yes, just like a nice dozen boom I just sip a bone broth and twelve tweets of the day.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm just really surprised none of you. I'll scroll to the end like that, and I'm glad that that.
Speaker 1: Did you get to the end of Twitter?
Speaker 3: No, I get to the end of ticked TikTok to. I do like I think if you go like an hour straight, they like yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo, what are you doing? And I'm like, what what time is it? And then like my baby's like a sleep in my arms, and she's like, oh my god, he's fourteen.
Speaker 4: Wow, So you scroll and so your baby can hear TikTok No.
Speaker 3: I have my ear pods.
Speaker 4: Okay, I was gonna say you can't let your baby hear.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not gonna. No.
Speaker 1: No, the whole point is having your air pods in so you have the noise cancelation on so the baby crying doesn't like ruin your vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: That's like sort of my number one parenting rule is not being a parent is like never let the baby sort of hear TikTok. No.
Speaker 3: No, it's like a whole like like a nasma if I'm using the right word, just all.
Speaker 4: Like you don't really want to like the baby to hear certain words like girl dinner or riz or sort of like you don't want the baby to like taking these concepts just yet.
Speaker 1: Oh man, the second you said my five year old had RIZ, I went and told him and I was like, how do we cultivate? Five is fine?
Speaker 4: Five is good? Five is where you do start making them a content creator.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anything before that you're sick.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Anything before that, I'm just shaking my head and judging you.
Speaker 1: Son. It turns out you have the RIZ.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it means, but we're gonna actually, I'll give you four.
Speaker 4: You can make your child the TikTok creator at four, but as long as you have their consent. Yeah, and you do an he takes plain what consent is to them and sort of sort of like pull up some legal documents, make sure they sign uh. And then also they have their own lawyer to be able to go over sort of what you are presenting them with your lawyer. So just have like his people talk to your people and make sure the baby is fully aware of what they are agreeing to as a content creator. And then and only then can you allow your baby to sort of hear TikTok in the background.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are going to be like the actual living embodiment of that. Was it a funnier diesketch or no human giant? The shutter shutterbugs, the people who like represent children baby actors.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing. I'm not gonna see my kid, okay.
Speaker 3: Because he's gonna because my child would be so fucking booked and busy. I won't be able to get any of their Oh you see your kid. Wow, I feel bad for your kid. Ain't working wow. Okay, damn.
Speaker 4: It'll be like that Atlanta episode and that one of the more recent season where the Donald Glover's baby mama her daughter gets like put into like this like Tyler Perry like system and she's just going studio to studio trying to find her daughter, and they're like, oh no, she's already been moved to that other show.
Speaker 3: She's saying it.
Speaker 4: She's like, what, why didn't anyone tell me it's all right?
Speaker 1: Finally Barbie movie coming pet. I think people think it's gonna be a big hit. I Barbenheimer.
Speaker 3: I would you see both movies in one day? No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, two movies in one day. I love movies, but I also like something starts to feel weird being in the movie theater that long. I've tried it before and I couldn't. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 4: Why Why would you only have one day of fun when you could have two days of fun?
Speaker 1: That's right? And Oppenheimer supposedly a blast. That was a bad pun, but it's supposed to be fun, very fun.
Speaker 4: Well, let's be wrote. We all want to fuck Silly and Murphy. Yeah, we do, Like blind Eye, you got a little bum in your hat. I don't know, I just I really just fuck Silly and Murphy. I'm sorry, what.
Speaker 3: If that was my.
Speaker 1: That was really upsetting the God.
Speaker 3: You can see your saliva threading around your mouth.
Speaker 4: That's my new I just want to fuck.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, well.
Speaker 4: So sorry everyone, thanks.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna keep moving forward.
Speaker 4: I just know I'm just saying. I will say, like sort of the Sillian murphonnaissance through Peaky Blinders is quite incredible, like they brought it back into this sort of like this because I don't know, like I feel like you played like sort of you know, interesting characters before, but the Peaky Blinders, dude, you I never wanted to be like sort of like a I don't even know. The women are treated so poorly in that show, like all of a sudden, it's like, treat me.
Speaker 1: Poorly, silly in nineteen twenty, that's what.
Speaker 4: Sillian does. Anyone actually know.
Speaker 1: I've always called him Sillian and he's never corrected me.
Speaker 4: So, oh, you know that's on his ass, you know him made it introduce.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know him, but it's on him. If I'm pronouncing, I'm wrong to reach it.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just think he's so hot, and then like the idea of him now being like it's Killian. Oh it is Killian. Yeah, there's no way.
Speaker 3: I always say silly, and and I feel like I say it because people correct me all the time I go not, it's all right, so then I.
Speaker 4: Have to retake all the Killian Murphy's. I just want to fuck Killian Murphy until someone a pickup after I'll do a pickup after.
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 3: I'm silly and Murphy.
Speaker 1: O you rang no?
Speaker 4: Not you you no. I just want to say, like, I think it's great casting to sort of put like Margot Robbie in a massive movie and then Killian Murphy in another massive movie, and so like it's almost like the like we just want to like these movies. Yeah bomb, It's honestly genius to bring these modies out of the same time because we are all so horny at home that we just want to fuck these movies people.
Speaker 3: Just the concept of the movie, yeah.
Speaker 4: Conceptually, Like I've lost sort of what the movies are even about, even though they're pretty clear, like.
Speaker 3: Barbie and I just I want to have sex with Pink and one with Mushroom Cloud. It's kind of it's it's truly the perfect American side, like they viral marketing.
Speaker 4: Babe, they did it. They're so deep in us that we're like, yes, yes, yes, it's genius, dude.
Speaker 3: Barbie and the Atom Bomb at the same damn time.
Speaker 4: It's literally what America is about, bombs and Barbie. Like, think about it, dude, you got it? Yet, I'm going to need you to go like a level deeper inside yourself and really think about what they're offering us here. We live in such an incredible time of sort of content marketing, sick, Like we are so deep in that we're like unwell, but like to a point that we're so unwell that we're thriving, you know what I mean? I love it. Yeah, we can.
Speaker 3: We're going to be more unwell in a better way.
Speaker 4: That's like when I hit a great fucking shot and it just goes straight past that cracket and hits right in the corner. You scream. It was grimace, my friends, America. That is America. Baby, whoa fifth of July? Here we are. I just got my second whim.
Speaker 1: I don't think I have to tell you that there should be a swelling orchestra behind that speech.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I play that one in section play on TikTok.
Speaker 4: But it's true, Like am I saying anything that's not right? Like they've nailed it's not? Yeah, truly, truly, we.
Speaker 1: Were gonna take this opportunity to talk about the fact that this is one of those toy movies that we I think covered a long time ago, and we're like, man, they're gonna be a fucking Barbie movie. That's stupid. We were wrong. Yeah, and they are going to They're they're keeping coming. It's the Mattel Films has in development, and who knows how much in development means it's going to actually happen. But yeah, they did give Greg Gerwig a Barbie movie, so it seems like they're willing to try some some weird stuff and this is some wacky, wild stuff coming from Mattel Studios, the Mattel Cinematic Universe.
Speaker 3: Mattel Films has forty five films in development. They've announced seventeen. So one of the latest that we know about is Lena Dunham directing Lily Collins in the poly Pocket movie. Yep, we don't know what the vibe is of that. Then they're making a video or film off the card game Uno potentially starting Lil YACHTI and it's a it's a heist movie in the hip hop scene in Atlanta. So I'm like, okay, if you keep doing things like this rather than be like it's about the most high stakes game of h no in town. Then maybe you have a shot at doing something interesting. Daniel Kluia that is directing a a twenty four type surreal movie about Barney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've covered this one before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which looks like it's gonna be like that. Okay, you got something vibe there. Then there's major Matt Mason. Tom Hanks is starting in a movie about the toy that inspired the toy that buzz light Year is based on.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that can't be true.
Speaker 3: Yes, you just made one up. No, that's a thing, Jack. It's gonna get wobble here. We got the eight Ball movie, Magic eight Ball Movie. Still not sure where that's going. They say it's gonna maybe be like a thriller type movie. He Man Masters of the Universe. They didn't learn from the Dolph Lunggren one, but they're gonna get We're gonna take a stab at it.
Speaker 1: This one feels like it deserves another shot. Like I feel like kids are just waiting for a he man to come through.
Speaker 3: A he man. You know, That's that's what all the kids are saying. Right now. There's a Thomas the Tank Engine movie in works, a lot Wheels movie by JJ Abrams Gold American Girl doll movie, which people have described as Bill and Ted meets books.
Speaker 1: Smart Yep, No, the's like they are on a run right now after the Magic Gate Ball movie, which who the fuck knows what that's gonna be, but he man Thomas the tank Engine, Hot Wheels, American Girl Doll, Yeah, good way.
Speaker 3: Jason Bateman is attached to something that's based on the Chatty Kathy and Betsy wet Sea dolls.
Speaker 1: Now you've lost me again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a dog. It's a doll that does peepee and you have to change the diaper.
Speaker 1: Oh and Chatty Cathy was just like the pool string one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had like a bunch of phrases it said. Yeah, then there's a view Master movie like the Little Master is just the little thing you look through, Yeah exactly. The someone called it like a kid's dissociating device. It was like analog VR headset. Yeah exactly, that was our kids. Let me say about the first VR, the view Master, and then Wishbone, the Salad dressing, No, the little the Little Terrier dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: And any of those sound good to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Which one that's gonna do.
Speaker 4: I Like, we sit here and we go like, oh, get me a break, and then cut to us at every single goddamn movie. So what am I? What am I gonna pretend like? I'm not about to watch every goddamn.
Speaker 3: Which one fucking films which appeals to you most based on what you've just heard? Is what I'm asking?
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean like I'm sort of like down for this weird Barney ship. Yeah, who know whatever? I watch it? Pollypocket, sure, why not? Major Matt Milson mayn't. I can't read any of that eight ball that's about cocaine, right? And then yeah, honestly, let's be real, I'll watch it all. I'm sick. What did I just scream about fifth of July? You know here? I am. I love Hot Wheels, I love Thomas the Tank Engine? Will he get up?
Speaker 3: Are you okay? But he's fine? Are you unwell enough to see Barbie Oppenheimer in one day? See see Barbie first? And then chase it with Oppenheimer after?
Speaker 4: First of all, I literally just said earlier, why would you have one day of fun when you could have two?
Speaker 3: So no, okay, would you do it two days?
Speaker 1: In a row just do it two days potentially, Yeah, I could do that.
Speaker 3: Part of me wants to break my psyche, and and most people like if you saw both in one day, you'd see you, you'd see Oppenheimer and then you just clear your mind with Barbie.
Speaker 4: But I want or you see Barbie and then you blow the ship out of yours.
Speaker 3: A ghost behind you?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, my god, my five year old just snuck up on us. No, I was too engrossed. You really didn't. I was like, how's this tie into the bit we were doing?
Speaker 3: Is it the medicate ball thing coming back?
Speaker 1: Do you want to say hi?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 4: Is he still there?
Speaker 3: How? Hey?
Speaker 1: We don't say his name, but hello boy without a name?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, riz Riz Khalifa.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear what they're saying to you? They're calling you Riz Khalifa. Do you know what that means? Oh gosh, okay, okay, all right, man, I gotta finish up here. Thank you for coming through and saying hi to everyone.
Speaker 4: You talked to him like, what are you James Cordon with a guest on your show?
Speaker 3: Me so much?
Speaker 4: Hey, man, thanks for stopping by. I love to see you. It's always good to catch up. All right, go see your movie is in theaters this fride. Everybody please check it out.
Speaker 1: Up next we have everything is negotiation. You gotta like keep it very yeah yeah, you're never telling yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: The second it's like you give I get it, like you give it like I was the kind of kid you give me someone to push against push against it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he's still here, by the way, he's not going yeah.
Speaker 4: Of course not. Well, you're his father and you should love him. But here's the thing. Can I an idea? Okay, so you've been giving me what house it Brounce Mattel, Yes, okay, I'm sorry. Literally I'm slowly starting to like.
Speaker 1: Lose my close the door because he left it open like a real jerk.
Speaker 4: Wow wow, Okay. His son is incredibly lovely and honestly, the day that Jack can no longer host, let me tell you we are going to be auditioning those two sons, like, oh yeah, truly those two actually screw my own kids. I'm here to manage Jack's kids.
Speaker 3: I'm already I signed him to a three sixty deal. Yeah, I got an album coming back.
Speaker 4: I'm just like you know, I actually am signing your sons and I will be their manager, because that's actually put your headphones back on, my hilarious bit. But I really would love to do sort of a succession with your sons to see who takes over a daily secuist. It's like, my dream is to be like Bleep and Bleep where like, let's see, anyway, that was their name.
Speaker 3: Okay, then Jack being like Logan Roy, He's like fuck off. He's like, hey, thanks for showing me that. Maybe check that out later.
Speaker 4: I think I would actually just rewrite Jack. Yeah to darker.
Speaker 1: Minister, my job was cool enough to want to inherit and yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's her succession. You're trying to convince the kids to want to take over.
Speaker 4: The family business.
Speaker 1: Daddy has a real job too, and they're like, Dad, I actually just.
Speaker 4: Want to be a doctor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to float the sea. I just want to float in the sea and get my ship bit by a shark. Anyway, what were you about to say, though?
Speaker 4: So anyway I wanted to posit has bro mm.
Speaker 1: Hmm, yeah, that was it.
Speaker 4: If that was all I wanted to say.
Speaker 3: That sounds like the extent of a meeting in Hollywood, right, now anyway, bring me.
Speaker 4: Mattel, I give you has Bro. No, here's the thing, here's what we need. If we were to do a Super Dark A twenty four sort of uh Ferby horror, who would you want to direct it and star Ferby?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've done some good stuff with Ferby, and like I mean, don't don't think Hasbro is not out here. Like we've got the Transformers film, Hasbro is the one, the one that has succeeded the most the Transformers films, right, Dungeons and Dragons. Who can forget Battleship.
Speaker 3: I think Ferbie would. I would just bring.
Speaker 4: Is coming back like Super Priuser. Rebecca God, sorry, Becca, I was trying to say.
Speaker 3: I think if it's gonna be freaky, it has to have Tony Collette in it. Tony Collette right now is my freak queen. Yeah, I guess I don't know. If I just have ari Astor and it's just hereditary, but with Ferby's.
Speaker 6: Starring Tony Collette and the Weekend, it's the creepiest people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, So I would like to posit that and let's see who makes it. And I think that if a twenty four did Hasbro's Ferby. I think it could be a real hit, sort of like they're doing an A twenty four Barney. I think like making it because famously Ferby creepy wouldn't leave you alone. I have to keep putting it to sleep in my closet. Okay, like it's got an energy under it. Yeah, this darkness there that I don't with them things, and that's why we need to have a creepy movie with it, sort.
Speaker 3: Of like.
Speaker 1: Ary. Yeah, well on a hosing, such a pleasure. Have you on the daily es? I gist as always? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm in a hosting on Twitter. I'm at selling host neon Instagram where I sell myself to you. I have a subsack selling host nia dot subsack dot com, which I am sort of in a weird writer's block situation where I'm like not finding any joy in any thing. Maybe I should ride about the sort of Oppenheimer Barbie sort of orgasm. But here's the thing, it just feels like it's already.
Speaker 1: Been done, you know, yeah, not like this though, not like this.
Speaker 4: You've got your We'll see what I end up writing next. I've been writing a sort of succession final thoughts piece for like two months, it feels like and I just can't finish it because I have so much I want to put in there. But sometimes you have to say when when enough's enough?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, the people are still hungry for succession content. I think that timing's perfect. Is there a work of media you've been enjoying besides Succession? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: First of all, any content with Adele is true incredible stuff. Did you see the video of her on Twitter from where the show? Yeah? Pop Crave posted it where she's talking about people throwing stuff at artists and she says, I fucking dare you. I dare you to throw something at me. I'll fucking kill you, and then shoots a fucking T shirt gun like it is unreal.
Speaker 3: Someone there.
Speaker 4: We go, Okay, that's okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Did you see Sorry, it's her, it's her North London perspect what's talking about? Have you seen the people throwing ship on live on stage at live shows recently? Have you seen that.
Speaker 5: Day?
Speaker 3: Uh? She's the most likable Tottenham fan.
Speaker 4: And so Aaron Aram not a go tweeted, I feel like Adelea has the energy of a mob family matriarch. And it's true. Have you seen any of her paparazzi picks where she's got her hands up at the paparazzi's like a gun, like she's yelling at them, like don't you be talking?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like her energies, I mean, you know, she was getting a skeptic.
Speaker 4: You know, she's she's out here, she is out here. And then the other thing I discovered online is the guy who uh reviews watches famous people are wearing to basically really let you know how rich they are. Does you know how like that Michael Ruben guy dropped his like white party like trailer for his party, made that video tier talent. Oh yeah, so much NBA. I always say that so much NBA talent. I like, I'm actually famous for always saying like, yeah, so much NBA talent. But yeah, there's this guy on TikTok Chad dot Alexander who just goes to and zooms is on the watches and tells you how much every watch cost. It's incredible. For most part, they're all wearing like, you know whatever, one hundred K to like five hundred k and then just like jay Z rolls in with like a seven million dollar watch.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, go watch the video. I don't know, I can't.
Speaker 4: I literally every watch name was as if like brain bleach, like you'd be like, the is worth this much right now? And I was just like, who is naming watches the guy's name, No, but we call that auto Mars What the fuck? Yeah, it'd be like the Ottomar for six ten, eighteen twelve. You're like, what anyway, I don't know. I've discovered that. I really enjoyed it. Someone named mcbeardy at kitso dot Moore Kissy uh is the one who posted said this guy on TikTok who discusses watches warnan at these Now that's where you get to see how money these celebrities are. And I thought that was very interesting, an interesting sort of angle to look at sort of how rich people present themselves and how they want to be seen, and it's like through their watches. Fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I love the miles people find you is their work media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Uh, find me on Twitter, Instagram at miles A great find Jack and I on a basketball podcast Miles and Jack Boosties also find me on four to twenty Day Fiance was a f Alexander and I have a new podcast coming out I've been working on with Kaleidoscope Media. It's a true crime. I'm not this is this sounds like bullshit. It's this real shit. It's called The Good Thief that I've been hosting, and it's about this figure in Greece who's like the Greek robin Hood, where him and his brother would be like robbing wealthy people, like titans of industry, people who are like avoiding paying taxes to help the people and would do a little old fashioned wealth redistribution. And it's like a really great story, especially given the era that we're in with just unfettered greed all around. The trailer just drops, so check it out, make sure you subscribe to that. It's coming out in a week. So, yeah, that is called The Good Thief. And appreciate your support on that one. Yeah. Tweet that I like from at Sad Monsters Frank Lesser quote tweeted at first it's a Benny Johnson tweet this like conservative dude, but it said legendary actor they're talking about Scott Bao announces he's leaving California after forty years. Quote it's become a third world country. And then at sad monsters quote meet it said Scott Bale is quote legendary in the sense that his career died years ago and now he's a cautionary tale. You tell children so they behave. And now that felt about right.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, California is a third world country, So what's a third world country?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even know. Don't ana, don't, don't, don't what's asking? Don't don't follow, don't try and follow that logic train. Also, did you see the Jennifer Garner like that at that Michael Rubin party, because Ben Affleck was there with his like eldest daughter. I think, and it's this looks just like Jennifer, Like those Garner jeans are strong as shit. I know.
Speaker 4: It's really like God, another blow to Ben Affleck not even having strong enough come to like support his genes, Like what is happening?
Speaker 1: Jennifer Garner is like, I will just leave my cells in two I was looking for the daughter. I truly thought that was they said, It's like, it's just.
Speaker 4: I don't know, there's something really sad again about ben Affleck not even having sort of like strong enough DNA to even like remotely like believe an impression on the planet. Yeah, I generally feel like that guy cannot win his online presence.
Speaker 7: It is just like, yeah, god, man, that's your daughter that looks like Jennifer Garner, only I don't know, like.
Speaker 4: I'm involved, and everyone's like, shut the fuck.
Speaker 3: Up, hey, get away from her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, leave that young lady alone.
Speaker 1: It's a little girl.
Speaker 3: Man, You're sick my fucking daughter.
Speaker 4: No, there's no proof of that. We took a DNA test and the DNA literally rejected. Jeez, how how is it even possible? We don't know, but we now all believe in Jesus. Isn't that crazy? Wild immaculate consent that baby was born of the man? You feel like concession because there's no way baby. Sorry, then.
Speaker 1: All right, tweet I've been enjoying Todd Spence at Todd Underscore. Spence tweeted singer Michelle Phillips from The Moms and Papa's reaction to seeing her acquaintance Harrison Ford in a little movie that just opened called Star Wars. And then it's a screen cap or a photograph I guess the book book. I didn't even know Harrison was an actor. I remember getting dragged to Star Wars at ten am on Saturday morning by my stepbrother who had done some animation for the movie. I was sitting there watching the screen and all of a sudden, Harrison comes on and I gasped and said, that's my pot dealer. Wow, hereson Ford is cool? Don't lose facts of the loose sight of that fact?
Speaker 3: Yeah in.
Speaker 4: Huge Stoner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of the crash all the time. Uh.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. Where at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram, we have Facebook fan page and a website, Daily's ey guys dot com. What we post our episodes In our footnotes we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Hey, Miles, what's a song we think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: So? I just came across this group of Danish DJs and producers artists. They're called the Boom Clap Bachelors, and this is like a track. I look, I don't know how to speak Danish, so it looks like tiden flyb okay, it's t I d e n is the first word and the second second word is f l y v e r. But it has like the like instrumental of like don't kill My Vibe Kendrick Lamar underneath it. But they're singing in Danish.
Speaker 1: It's kind of cool. Just check it out.
Speaker 3: It's a very very great. There's no like drum, there's nothing, there's no like beat drop or anything in it. It's a nice like sort of Ballady type piece. So check.
Speaker 1: I was expecting accordions based on that title, but it's not more. It's actually cool. Go go check it out. The Daily Guys is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts, the iHeart Ate from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you all then Bye bye