Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shade. D I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 3: What's up? What's up, y'all? This is Robin Dixon.
Speaker 2: Happy Labor Day?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, Why is it already labor day?
Speaker 2: Because what do you mean? You're mad?
Speaker 1: Because summer's over, Summer's over, school's here here. Yes, time goes so fast, it does. We're getting older, like.
Speaker 2: It's like on September, you know it's Burgos se Urgo seasons. Yes, I mean that means everything is going to be perfect for the next thirty days. Is an astrology thirty days typically? Yeah, for about thirty days, everything will be as it should be.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, okay, wonderful. What are you gonna do for your birthday?
Speaker 2: Planning that now? Okay, I'm trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, like planning it That means like, no, it's not now, Oh, you're now loose.
Speaker 3: Deciding what you want to do. Yes, got it.
Speaker 1: It's going to be very loose, as in, it'll happen the last minute. Okay, yes, but but you're planning it now.
Speaker 2: Anyway, This is the first year. My only have two kids that are in my house going to school, yes, and their seniors.
Speaker 3: So I have nothing to do. Wow, yeah, I just.
Speaker 2: You know, it's been a lot of changing my life lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm okay, yeah, yeah, okay, kind of all right. I guess are you going to take up a new hobby or try to learn a new skill. I'm going to do all the all the things really, yeah, all right? Is there anything that you like? So, is there anything that you're like, you know what? I want to learn to do this boom?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 2: I'm going to do karate really, uh huh? Gonna be a black belt?
Speaker 3: Are you joking?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: At some point I'm going to start doing that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be like, come for me if you want to, I will karate chop your ass.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: I have already started the demolish of Grace's room. Yeah what Yeah, it's going down.
Speaker 3: Where is she not coming home for the holidays?
Speaker 2: Hopefully it'll be done by this hopefully the new Okay, so what are you going to do? I'm blowing out her bathroom like, I'm making it bigger. All the furniture needs to be redone. I mean replace painting. But the real thing is her bathroom. So I'm like taking Yeah, they're just making it it all bigger.
Speaker 1: So you're keeping it as a bedroom. Yes, okay, keep it as a bedroom. Going to make the bathroom bigger? So where is that taking space from?
Speaker 2: It's just there was like a little place where she would have a desk. She's does she Did she ever use the desk? Did she ever study?
Speaker 3: I don't who knows? Yeah, now she's not going to use it.
Speaker 2: No, so desk gone. Yeah. I want to I want to just make it like pretty. Like I rushed Grace's room. We moved in there just because I was like, I need to get you guys in here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So now I'm gonna take my time with it.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah nice, all right, I like that.
Speaker 2: Very nice. So construction workers back in my house? Yah boom, thank ya kind of Yeah. But anyway, it's labor Day. This is always very confusing to me, Robin. Why is labor day called labor day?
Speaker 3: Right? Like, what actually is the purpose of this holiday?
Speaker 2: Oh? We know the purpose.
Speaker 1: So the purpose is to give people who work a break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bride needs like a little into the summer holiday. Okay, yeah, so they just named it something Labor Day.
Speaker 4: Labor Day is a day for honoring America's workers and celebrating their contributions to everything we cherish about our country. The holiday is rooted in the vibrant labor movement of the late nineteenth century, when labor activists pushed for a federal holiday to recognize how ordinary workers from coast to coast built America's strength, prosperity and will be.
Speaker 2: But labor for me is like pregnancy. Oh, push a baby. Oh, that's what you really well, when I hear labor, that's what I always think pregnancy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, I guess, but I guess. For me, I'm like going to hear labor day, I think about working, of course, but.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying labor in my mind immediately, I'm like pushing out a baby, right, Yes.
Speaker 3: Well, pushing out a baby is working.
Speaker 2: Its very much. Is that's the ultimate labor?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, And men know nothing about it. Take that men if they did.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine how smaller the population would be if men actually had to give birth.
Speaker 2: They would not be doing it. They wouldn't be doing that though at birth, a baby came out of their penis or a baby comes out of their butthole. What if they like shit the baby out? This is horrible. Okay what Yeah, they would not be doing that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, we would the population would be quite small and contained.
Speaker 2: Yes it was.
Speaker 1: You know we got a population issue, now do we really? I mean I was just readA articles like the the population.
Speaker 2: Is growing and it's all countries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the just the world and like the world is just at some point not equipped to like handle all of these people and the things that the people require.
Speaker 2: So oh no, I get that. And can we talk about the dollar in the euro?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What's what's the different?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Where are we?
Speaker 2: I remember back in the day, I could take my little dollar and I could go to the Gucci store and roam and get a deal and get over like a fat cat.
Speaker 3: Oh no is that equal now? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, the euro weighs more than the dollar.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah wow, So yeah, I'm not shopping, so you didn't shop when you were.
Speaker 2: I bought like one or two things, but like only because I hadn't seen them here, But like, no, like the dollar, and went think about that, think about actuates it fluctuates, but think about it. Used to never be like that because the United States always had like the best economy and all that kind of stuff, and the dollar would carry you so far that euro. I'm trying to get a handle on that, right on the euros, and so or the people with the euros. On the people with the euros. Let me, let me go and get another ticket.
Speaker 3: You didn't see any like nice.
Speaker 2: I kind of kind of sort of, but not really.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: You have to understand I was vacationing, so and everybody else was vacationing, so they typically had like somebody with them. Okay, yeah, but anyway, we're talking about too much because we're not even going to be here because we're leaving right now. I have a barbecue to go to. Yes I do. This is a many episode, guys, because I have a barbecue to go to. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: We went. Try to enjoy your labor day. You got work, didn't put in any extra work.
Speaker 2: No, no, enjoy the It should be non labor day exactly. Let's call it that, yes, yes, yes, labor less labor less day.
Speaker 1: Yes, happy labor less day.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And with that being said, why we ain't laboring today, No we not Bye.