Speaker 1: Start up, dot up, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start Up, Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 2: Start up, dot up, dot up.
Speaker 1: They making noise dot up, start up, dot up up, dot dot up. Episode three fifty two. Welcome to the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. My name is Scary Jones. This is David Brody over here over here, over there. I'm over there now. Yeah, what's going on, David Brody? How you feeling tonight? I'm good, it's uh, well, it's a what is it?
Speaker 2: Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Wednesday? Man Wednesday? And when you're when you Wednesday night, when you're not working, you lose track of the days, right.
Speaker 2: Lose track of the days. Uh, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm a little flustered because you know, I'm a Mets fan and as am I am home tonight. I am home tonight to watch the game, so no one can ruin it for me, right, and I would have preferred if someone ruined it for me, because they're losing six nothing and maybe uh losing their way out of the playoffs. So I think they it's a foregone conclusion they already lost their way out of the playoffs. I mean, and our football teams are both ow and three at this point. Terrible. New York is owing six in National Football League if but who's county the Yankees doing? The Yankees are doing well. We're not Yankees. And you know who else is doing well? The former quarterback of the New York Giants, Daniel Jones is crushing it with the cults. He had he had two good weeks. His last week was okay, he still three and O god? What why is it these players see? I really believe they can't play and take the heat. It's playing under the New York City lights, the big lights. A lot of these players they choke when they come to New York. What's the matter, Brody? I don't know if that's the kid over there. Oh, the Pirates just scored a run. They're up three to We're hoping they beat the Reds. Sorry if you're a Reds fan anyway, this is not a sports podcast.
Speaker 2: No, let's get off sports.
Speaker 1: No, but let's talk about let's talk about choking under the pressure. Are you're having your big moment in New York? Think? I mean, so many players have been awesome before they got here. I'm talking about general sports. In all the sports, A lot of players were great before they got here. They get here, they're underwhelming. They can't take the heat, they can't take the criticism, the press, the fans, and then they do horribly and then they leave and then they continue on their path of success. So what is it about? Is there too much pressure about being here in New York City? And I'm just gigibrilizing. Now take a breath. Yeah, Okay, that was a very long question. All right, weird that was almost too your weird out question. That was your weird out questions. It's gonna here's what I'll say about New York. Everything here is magnified. So like after the game, when the reporters come to your locker, it's forty reporters, not three, right, And a lot of times guys who grew up in small town America, it's a lot for them, even though they played college ball. It's a lot of attention, it's a lot of fan reaction, and there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of pressure to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe more so in bigger cities where you have you know, in the New York Tristate area, you've got twelve to thirteen million people right the general area, So that's a lot of people. Right. You can't walk down the street. Maybe you're not comfortable going out at night in the city because you're you're a farm boy or something. It's a lot and I would imagine if you're a city boy, you know, going to play for a small town team, maybe you don't do as well, you're not as happy to live in a small town. But I think it's a cliche to say that most players can't handle the pressure. I think I think there's definitely a small amount. But whatever team you root for in professional sports, you only remember the players that did well somewhere else, and you're always gonna.
Speaker 2: Go, oh, nobody does well. They always did the best.
Speaker 1: There's also players that don't do well other places come to New York and thrive. There's both sides of the both sides of the story then, all right, But I only see it one way because I just see all these big name players being signed with these crazy, crazy bonuses and awesome paychecks, and and then they I'm like, Okay, you're in the this is your spot, this is the time, this is why we pay you, and then they strike out. So money doesn't money doesn't help you. Wan So is having an MVP year? What are you talking about? I know but I know, but he he comes up in big spots and I don't know the ones that I'm sorry the team that he's carrying the team the last two months. He's one of the hottest players in baseball. I know, but you you're a headline reader. I just I just see him. No, he could have he could have done something for us the other night, and I don't know. Never mind, forget it. I don't want to get it. We're not it is not a sports podcast. But you hold on. Are you saying Juan Soto a place for the Mets? If you don't know, is one of those guys who doesn't come through every time like some players do. Nobody comes through every time. You know, a Hall of Fame baseball player fails seven out of ten times. No, that's a crazy stat. Well, a three hundred hitter, a three hundred seven out of ten times. No other sports I like that. If you shoot three hundred percent in basketball, you're out of a job. You're out of a job. If you complete, if you complete thirty percent of your passes in football, you're out of a job. You're out of a job. In baseball, that's a good thing. You're in the Hall of Famer, right, So, because again the old expression, hitting a round ball with a round piece of wood and hitting squarely is the hardest thing to do in professional sports that some people would say. You know, I listen, race car driving is very difficult as a lot of things. But hitting one hundred mile an hour baseball with a piece of wood and making it go somewhere you want is very difficult. I heard not listen not to continue on the sports team, but you know, uh in sports tip here. But you and I worked in New York radio and we succeeded somehow.
Speaker 2: We handled the pressure.
Speaker 1: We did we did, Okay, I hear that in football the punter who has to kick a kick a weird a weird shaped object, you know, and you don't know where it's gonna go. Uh, the punter is is is a dying art. And uh, they're using the punter less and less because more teams are going for it on fourth down, so they don't really need the punter as much as they used to. They're not punting the ball away they're going And I think it's then we don't do a sports podcast. But the punter is talking about the least important one of the least important players on a football team.
Speaker 2: That's how deep we're going sports.
Speaker 1: We're going all we going all the way in tonight, We're going balls deep on sports balls. I mean basketball, football, baseball, pick your ball. I'm kidding anyway. No, I just read that little stat and I was wondering. Yeah, okay, that reminds me on Slice Time earlier this week, Slice Time for episode three fifty one. I've promised to do my my bulls balls joke. Okay, I think you should do it right here. All right, this is a joke I've been telling since I'm like eight years old. I don't know a lot of jokes because I'm not a joke teller. I say things that are funny. I say funny things. I say things funny, right that. That's like, that's what a comic does. He says things in a funny way. Right. Yeah, So okay, for those who care, I care, this this happened, This happened a long time ago. Francisco Abere is just homeward and now it's six to one. Oh whoohoo. All right, by the time you hear this podcast, all of this will be irrelevant. But continue. Yeah, okay, so this guy goes to Mexico. Yeah, and he's by himself on a business trip. Yeah, and he goes into somebody recommended a restaurant that he goes into. He goes into a restaurant and he says to the waiter, listen, I'm mean here by myself tonight, I'm on business. Uh what do you got? What's the specialty here? What should I have? And the waiter system signor you should have bulls balls? Bulls balls. It's a he says. So he says, let me, let me, let me, let me go back a second. He says, I got you just have the special.
Speaker 2: So he's like, you bring me a special whatever it is.
Speaker 1: So he brings in this plate and it's two giant round balls covered in in a in a red sauce. Right, and he says what is it? And he says bullsballs. He says, bullsballs. Just signor it's a good delicacy. You will love it. Try the bulls balls. They're fantastic. So he takes a bite of one and he's like, oh my god, it's so tender, so delicious. He eats it, loves it, goes back three or four nights in a row, every night to the same restaurant.
Speaker 2: He gets bullsballs, loves it.
Speaker 1: So it's his last night in Mexico before he's flying back to America on his from his business trip.
Speaker 2: He goes in, he goes, give me a special.
Speaker 1: They bring it out and it's it's two they're very small balls on the plate in red sauce, and he calls the waiter. Nobody says, uh, signor, I've been here every night this week.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: Why are they so small? And the waiters says, senor. Sometimes the bullwinds very funny. Yes, I get it, very nice, David Brody, I like that. I wish I had a timpany. I wish i'd kind of a rim shot for you. But all right, well that's one of the jokes I've been telling since I'm a kid. All Right, I don't you remember jokes, but that one's an easy one. Your your go to. All Right, remember that next time. Sometimes the bull wins. And if you're at a party and things are looking glum, people aren't having fun, you shoot, you too, should tell the bulls balls joke. It'll be a crowd. I have I think, I think in my life I have three jokes. So maybe some other time I'll do another one of them, one of the three. Ye, we will be right back. Uh, yeah, I have a few offensive ones I'm not gonna tell. I was thinking during the break there. Yeah, I'm just gonna move on. Whoa, whoa. If you have an offensive jokes before this podcast is over, I think the slices and I would like to hear it.
Speaker 2: I know Reggie would like to hear it.
Speaker 1: Reggie there, Now, is it offensive dirty sexual? Or is it like racial and offensive to minority groups like some of your jokes are. Yes, I'm not gonna do that. And by the way, I'm just I'm just joking. Scary doesn't tell jokes like that. No, no, but I've heard a few of them. All right, all right, hey, yeah ahead. I have a couple of problems that I've had in restaurants, but this one had nothing to do with service, and I wanted to run it by you to see your thoughts, and if you're a server, I would like you to leave us a talk back which with your thoughts on if you would do this or what you think of this waiter. So I went to see my one of my favorite meetians, Gary Goleman g U L M A N. I've talked about him on the podcast before. I believe brilliant comedian. And I went with my friend Paper Menu and two of his friends. So the four of us went to a comedy show and we drove up to Poughkeepsie, New York. So if you're listening to Poughkeepsie, you're like, oh my god, he just said Poughkeepsie. So it's it's about an hour and a half drive up to Poughkeepsie. It's a cute little town, very nice, and we went to a nice theater, but we got there maybe forty five half hour, forty minutes before the show started. So one of the guys says, hey, why don't we walk to the restaurant we were gonna go to dinner at because we canceled dinner plans at the last minute. Why don't we walk over there, get a pregame drink, and then we'll go to the show. So I was like, all right, well we'll go over there. So we went to a restaurant I'm gonna say who it is because I'll give a f called Millhouse in.
Speaker 2: Very nice place. In fact, it was packed. It's like it looks like.
Speaker 1: A giant like all armhouse or a really nice looking big restaurant.
Speaker 2: It was packed.
Speaker 1: It's all like woodenside, like a barn, sort of like very rustic motif. The place was had a lot of It was very busy, and we were there on Saturday night, so I get it, you know, busy place.
Speaker 2: And we're standing at the bar. Now, the way the bar is. The bar is.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of rooms because it's like a house right in this room. The bar is on the short side of the big room against the wall, and then two thirds of the room is tables.
Speaker 2: You got it so far?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so imagine the tables are yeah, the two thirds of the room table okay. So all the seats at the bar are taken, and at the bar there's TV sets and there's baseball games on and whatever's going on. And we just walked maybe five blocks from the theater, and I was a little crampy from the car ride, so I wanted to sit down. So there's a table of four top table right by the bar, right where where the tables begin, right, and it's maybe six or seven feet from the bar, but nobody's sitting there. Okay, it's now. I sit down around seven thirty five. Show starts at eight. Okay, yeah, seven thirty five. I sit down at the table. I make sure to turn the chair around so I'm not sitting at the table. I'm not touching the silverware'm not touching the napkin. I'm just sitting in a chair. And my friends are all standing right there okay, drinking, drinking beers.
Speaker 2: Whatever they had.
Speaker 1: And a waiter comes over and he says, excuse me, so I'm gonna need you to get up.
Speaker 2: I said, why, what's the matter?
Speaker 1: He says, I have a reservation for that table, So I said, so, I said, well, all right, well when they come, I'll be glad to get up. Now I need the table's reserved, so I need the table, all right, no problem. So I stand up, I put the chair back where it is, and we stand there. Now it's seven thirty seven. Scary, we wait, we were there until seven forty six. Yeah, so another ten minutes roughly, Yeah, nobody came for the table. So my question is, was the reservation for seven thirty and at seven thirty seven he tells me to get up when they're not there yet? Or is the reservation for seven forty five because they weren't there, or is the reservation for eight The reservation was for eight o'clock, guaranteed guaranteed eight o'clock reservation, right, So why is he making me get up at seven thirty seven for some But there's nobody coming.
Speaker 2: There's nobody there.
Speaker 1: We left at seven forty eight, roughly seven forty seven. There was nobody there, nobody your juju around that table.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know my religion, but.
Speaker 1: He didn't. That guy's an asshole? Am I wrong? He's an asshole. He could have let you hang out a few more minutes. I mean, what he probably didn't want was the incoming party to look and see you sitting in their seat from a distance, and then you like, he shoes you away and then they're like someone was just sitting there. They don't want to when people walk into it wasting on the plates. When people walk into a venue, they want to walk into they want to walk into the restaurant, they want to walk in to see their table, like ready to roll clean. Nobody there. You're like literally completely empty the entire space. You ran the riss Would you care? It's attiquette by the way, I'm coming back to myself again, and it's coming back again. It's coming through your No, it's not, it's you my How can my equipment loop back? You have the you have the board there, it's your four million dollar appointment. It's it's it's throwing me a little bit. All right, it's gone anyway. So what I'm telling you is when you be offended. If you came to your table and someone was sitting in a chair turned around yes, and and I got yes, I'd be pissed. Pissed.
Speaker 2: You'd be pissed.
Speaker 1: That's because you think nobody sits in those chairs before you get there. How fancy is this place? I just told you it's like a rustic old farmhouse, still a restaurant, okay, but you asked me how fancy it was, because you know, damn well, it's not fancy.
Speaker 2: If it was fancy, it.
Speaker 1: Is it a ball okay, if it was a bar, if it was Chili's, if it was you know, then who cares, you know? But if you have a resermetation casual, it's a casual dining place. I think there was a bar five feet away and these were some of the tables by the ball. I think things get a little bit more serious when reservations are in play.
Speaker 2: If it was like legedly, if.
Speaker 1: He was if he had let's say, he was just seating a party that just walked in off the street and I see you, you know, and that was me and I saw you sitting there, not a problem. But if I, as the customer, made a reservation and saw you switting there, but it changes the things.
Speaker 2: It's seven thirty seven.
Speaker 1: If the reservation was for eight, couldn't he just say to me, yes, he's a duke, he's a douche I have a yeah cue. He could have there we go. He could have kicked you out at seven fifty seven. I'm just telling him, I have a party coming in in twenty three minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm When I come back, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to ask you, you know, complete moron, schmuck, right, asshole, douchebag, every name, come on, throw on him, throw every name of the book at him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Marker. He could have he could have been a.
Speaker 1: Little bit more accommodating to you. But uh, that's all. Yeah, if it was an eight o'clock reservation, it was. If it was a seven forty five reservation, which you said it wasn't because the people didn't come in at seven forty eight, then then they were late for that. Then they could have been late. If it was a seven forty five reservation and you're sitting there at seven thirty seven, that your ass is getting up. But I'm more than likely it was an eight o'clock reservation. And uh, he was being a douche because he wanted to kick you out twenty minutes early, all right, so you would be annoyed also if you were sitting I just want to just want to check. The other thing I was thinking is there was no reservation, and he was afraid the hostess or host wouldn't seat that table because they thought someone was already sitting there. I mean, I couldn't think about in a reason why he was being a dick about it. Yeah, no, there there's no especially if you were facing the other way and you weren't even touching the silverware anything. Though. I wouldn't. I wouldn't ever mess up a tables on the table cloth. I've I've managed restaurants. Come on, I wouldn't a tablecloth place or no, no, no tablecloth. Okay, Again, it was a farmhouse. It was like casual dining. It wasn't there was no table cloth. It wasn't like it was just like wooden table. A cracker barrel, all right, an upscale cracker barrel I met, you know, like all the walls of the war, the tables of wood. Yes, it was a nice place. I would I would go back, except this way.
Speaker 2: It was a dish.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm sorry if I'm dragging a little bit. I finally completed my bedroom. Sit up, Oh sorry, sit up. I did sit ups. I struggle with those at the gym. I did three sets of ten, got thirty thirty since January first. Yeah, shut up, dick, no, I I I finished my bed. My bedroom is done. I got the rug, I got the three lamps. I got the rug has earth tones in it. It's white, but it's got it's got some earth tones in it, like some You told me you were doing a very colorful rug to offset the room. Okay, I wanted one, and I saw the perfect one, but I had to wait till the end of November to get it. So I'm like, fuck that I want. I don't know if you've ever heard of this, but there's a thing called the Internet. You can get anything you want at any moment, anytime. Not so you saw one rug you couldn't get till November. You're like, fuck it, I'm getting a white rug it was? How was your backup plan?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Wait a second, how am I gonna find this rug? If they if they only Google image search, you can get one similar. Are you telling me you can't find a rug with colors in it? Well, I got you gotta once you get a beige rug to go with your white run. Nah, there's some blues in there. It's cool, it's it's nice. I think you'll like it if you if you ever this foot of my apartment again, No, no, go inside, go inside right now. Take a picture of it. Send me a picture right now. Go I'll wait. The slice is of waight, go no, I want to see it. I'm gonna hold up a picture of it. Hold on, I have a picture of it. Here. I took a picture righty here, I'm gonna send you this picture. Here, I'm gonna hold up to the camera. You tell me what you think of it, and I'm gonna show you where is so. I sent this to Robin today.
Speaker 2: What did she say?
Speaker 1: Okay? She loves it. Yeah. Nice. Oh see see see that it's got tones. Now you really can't see the color very well, but there's blues in there. There's tones and I yeah, but there's you know, see the nice little lamps I got there two lamps at least you got okay, you got a great Is that a cover sheet, a top sheet. That's a duvet cover. That's my accent piece. That's my accent duvet cover. You are such a boogie fox. Look there it is that that's that's one of the drawers. I mean, that's one of the side the Newton the stands. Is that is that wicker? Wicker? I don't even know her. Yeah, no, it's not wicker. It looks No, that's it's lacquer. It's it's shine. It's good. It's nice way blacker, yeah, lacker. I don't know her right exactly. And my bed my bed frame. Look, I got another robin before you did this the other side, but I sleep. Look at that nice I got nice little you.
Speaker 2: Are you are definitely a single man.
Speaker 1: I got a white hamper from from pottery barn. Stand Looking at that that lamp right there, Look at the lamps.
Speaker 2: The lamps are white slices.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, scary you gotta post this on your social media after the podcast? Why what's the matter? Because I want I want the slices to see how you matched white with white. This is this is a very tasteful looking room. It's nice, beautiful. I love it. I feel calm. And what's the what's the hood with the point at the top laying on the chair?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: What? Oh? You're an asshole? Wow? Wow, brody making jokes?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: I need what that was? I need? I need to redo here, Hold on, I need white, teak, sleek, clean, Okay, we're back. Yeah, I'll say wow. So go ahead. I've got by the way, I've got something. I got something that I don't know if I should get Robin on the phone for this. This is going to cause a war between Robin and I. But you know what, for the sake of the podcast and the slices, for the sake of slices and I and me and you, I think we should we should cover this topic. But continue you wanted to say something? No, no, I'll get Robin on the phone. I want to ask her about it. Your your no, your your your your your white milk bedroom, and I said white milk on purpose. She is not going to uh she want be participating in the following conversation. What she will not be participating in the following conversation? Because what do you mean the following conversation?
Speaker 2: What followed?
Speaker 1: The one of them, the one I'm about to talk about. But I want you to go first.
Speaker 2: Why are we wait then?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: I thought you wanted to get her on the on the on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no no no, I need to talk behind her back on this one because I it's it's okay. So because this this could all right, I'm just gonna come right out with it. So I'm getta girl pregnant. Obviously, we are going another vacation. I know this is a sore point for you and thislicense. Okay, another vacation is coming up in a couple of weeks. Not again. The whole show goes off the air together. We all go together, We all take our vacation together. Right, So we're off from October from the third on the Friday. We are coming back on Tuesday, the fourteenth, the day after Columbus Day. All right, now, so we have a week and a day So for the first few days, Rob and I are going to meet a couple of couples that we know and we usually traditionally go away with this time of year, and we're going to Scottsdale, Arizona. We're going to We're going to hang out, we're gonna have some fun, we're gonna relax because it's one of our friend's birthdays. And this is what he loves to do is pick a new place. We go different, a different city. Last year we went to New Orleans if you remember. This year, we went to Origia once to Savannah. This year we're going to uh to Phoenix Spot and Scottsdale. Great. Here's the thing, Robin does not get the time off that I get off. I get more than her. On that Monday Am I expected to end my vacation and fly home and still have another eight days off to myself with that because she's got to go back to work on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Yes, Now, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Yes? Why do I have to curb and curtail my vacation if she's if she's off and not off, I'm off. She's not off. I'm supposed to sit around in my apartment with my in my in my white bedroom for eight days straight and not she's got to work on But are you feeling me here? You see what I'm saying. She took off the Friday. She took off Friday and Monday, so she's we could do this long weekend. But on Monday morning, we're we're flying back to New York and I'm like ready to go west. I'm ready to double down and go to like Cabo or like go to Tuloom or hang out or go somewhere else while I'm in that or San Diego while I'm in that part of the country. I mean, it's my vacation time, which you know, we know life is short. Take your vacation and use it to the max. It's gone on vacation. You've gone on vacation seventeen times this year. You've gone on multiple destinations per vacation. You can't give up a couple of days to spend time locally with your girlfriend. But she's got to work every day, So why don't you stay at her apartment and when she comes home you can be like, you know, hey, no, we don't, we don't. No, no, no, that's not how this works. Now, now here's the here. This was the last time you slept. Her apartment is uncomfortable. And by the way, I just got a new temporopedic mattress in there today, and my god, it's so good. It's like sleeping on a block of cream cheese. It's amazing. It's like a block a cream cream the walls. You lay on it and you sink into it nice and slowly. I'm telling you, this is a place to be. And plus I'm right here by the city and everything. That's not that's not the issue. There is a little small issue, and that is the anniversary of our first date is Thursday night of that week, so I you.
Speaker 2: Definitely can't go away, so I have to be there for that.
Speaker 1: But why do I have to? I don't. I shouldn't have to dance around that. And look, I can dance around it, but and be there on the Thursday. But I should still be able. I'm off until Tuesday, So what am I gonna like? I need to get out of town. I need to travel and explore things. I get time. I've earned this to I've earned this to you've earned it, Yes, you have earned You have not earned eleventeen vacations thirty days. I have thirty years doing this. I'm a fifty one year old man. Yeah. Most only women. Most we're the only woman you'll ever love for the rest of your frigging life. Most would say, I'm I'm in the latter part. I'm I'm definitely on the second half of life. You would say I'm on the third quarter, the third out of fourth quarter, four quarters of life. I mean, who knows. We don't know what's going on. I don't know. I mean you do you not know that that love sometimes involves sacrifice. I understand being there for our third I.
Speaker 2: Don't think you do. I think you love Cabo more than you love Robin.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I wanted her to come with me. I want to do this with her. I'm not I'm not going to go to Cabo without her. Okay, let's be clear. See I'm trying to tell her to take the rest of the week off. I'm like, come on, let's go to till No. No, no, Yeah, that's very easy for you. You're you're very generously telling her to take off from work, but she can't. It's up to her to tell you to say, you go away without me. I'm good, but she hasn't said that yet. I still want listen. I will be there. I will be there. I will make I will make sure of it. I will be back. But I need to.
Speaker 2: Here's an idea. But here's an idea.
Speaker 1: Why don't you rent a nice hotel room for a few days in Manhattan so that every day she gets off work, she can just go right to the hotel, and you guys can go out to dinner, to your Broadway show.
Speaker 2: You could be away from your home. This way.
Speaker 1: It's like you're on vacation, but you're treating her like a queen. She gets to go to work and commute from the hotel. After work, come right to the hotel. You guys could bang it out, then go to dinner, then go to a show, go to a club. She can go out late to the club because she has a short commute in the morning. That's what you should do. I'm a genius. That is unacceptable. First of all, I would do that, but she won't. She would. Here's the man of the people. Okay, she does not know I. Because I know her better than you, it's fair to say, Okay, she doesn't. She's not gonna She's not gonna pack it. She's not gonna pack a bag. She's not gonna pack a bag. She's not gonna pack a bag and join me in a hotel for a few nights. She won't do it. She's like, this is stupid. She would tell you it's stupid if you get if you put her in mine. I live here, I live ten minutes away. Why would I go to it. You want to talk about throwing money away. I mean people throw money away, but you have the money to throw away. I don't have the money to throw away. Don't stun spending my money. How nice would it be? You get a nice high floor with a beautiful view, You go on carriage rides, you can see a show every night, you can get drunk, wander back to your hotel room.
Speaker 2: She go right to work.
Speaker 1: How nice would it be to see Japan? Okay, listen, I have lofty goals. Listen, I could have gone. You and I on Japan. You and I are not to say gone to Japan instead of going to fucking uh Sancho pe with with with a boy with a male friend of yours have gone. Robin could not take the full week of that week. Let's not twist my fucking words. She was only able to take those four days, and we made the most of them. We went to Sicily in those four days. Where else have you gone on vacation this week?
Speaker 2: This year, Robin? Where else did you go?
Speaker 1: Let's I got? I got? I think back to February. Mark. No, she was supposed to come to Jamaica with us, but she couldn't make it. She was starting a new job. She started listening. It's very I'm just being I'm being very straight up here. She No, she does not get the vacation time that I get in her new job. She's got a new job. He does. She's got a new job. Nobody does, right, But why should I be punished? Shouldn't I take advantage of my days? Should shouldn't I be able to do your anniversary?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: As I said, I will be, don't twist my words. You're changing my story. You're changing my narrative, my story. I said I will be there for our anniversary. I said Friday to Wednesday. You're going Friday and Wednesday. I could stay out do something from Monday until Thursday. As long as i'm back Thursday morning, it don't matter. Or I leave Friday morning, for somewhere else until Monday. The point is I get these days off, she does it. Why would I waste eight vacation days sitting in New Jersey just sitting here. It doesn't make a damn bit of sense. Once again, I'm fifty one, right, We're talking about seeing the world and doing things and living your life. I don't see fault in wanting to take advantage of every last minute. I'm sorry, every last day. I see life very differently. Once again, I have different I have different visions You're you're talking about, like, ooh, the big shiny city. I'm looking at that right I turned my head and I'm looking at that right now. I'm looking at the city I go to Manhattan because you've never been to Manhattan. But I said it would be a nice thing to do for Robin, of course, but she doesn't want to do that. She would rather But my point, my caller and Ascar, I just I don't want to feel like I'm being made out to feel selfish about about living my life, about wanting to see to see new things. I you know, I see a lot. Listen. I know I spent I spent a lot of time on social mediaings I see a lot of time in the same place you go to this that's not true. I made a pact on this fucking podcast and that I will see and do different things and not going to the same five vacation places. Have I not gone to different vacation places? Have I not lived on to my own promise three to three years ago that I made on the radio, on the Big Show, and on this and on this podcast. So how am I supposed to sue? See, you didn't go to Jamaica again, and you did go to Atlantis again.
Speaker 2: Did you what that was?
Speaker 1: Those were work trips. Those don't count that that that's.
Speaker 2: Worth in Jamaica with your family. Did you go to Jamaica?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we saw it from a different way. We rented a villa. We we hung out with our family. It was a very difference.
Speaker 2: I thought you had the villa. You had the villa. Yeah, yeah, I look.
Speaker 1: I think if you want to go away to a place that isn't on her checklist, I shouldn't feel a bit back in time. Yeah, if you go away for four days and come back in time for your anniversary, then I'm okay with it. You know what she tells me, you should rent to I still think you should rent a hotel maybe Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, how about that? You know, you know what you told you know what you told me. She told me, Hey, when you take your vacations, you do what you want to do. She was, but if it's a place that I also want to see, you can't go. So she named six places that she wants me to go to in Europe.
Speaker 2: Okay, she was, she was, why don't.
Speaker 1: You go to Poland? Okay she's, oh, yeah, yeah, yes, she's what she was. Go to Munich, have a Munich, she go see Munich. She's now dictating, no, they're not. She goes, how about Denmark or Sweden? Oh no, I can't go to Norway because we gotta go see the northern likes together. But go to Sweden. Go to Sweden, you know what, that would be great? That's a great Belarus is lovely this time of year. Why why uh uh Iraq? That's the kind of place she'll tell me to go. That's it. I'm yeah, you don't want to go to Tehran.
Speaker 2: I want to go to Tehran. And I'm not saying it's not if you're from there.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure I'm sure it's beautiful, but not a place Scary would put on his list. But can you imagine that she was no, no, no, because you got to save a za for me, Yeah, says a saved Pussitano for me, save save Greece. Can't go to greet that's the big one. Can't go to Greece. I cannot go to Greece without her. So I have to wait for her vacation, and rightfully so to go to Greece. But but then I said, all right, I want to see Japan. Oh no, no, no, I want to see that too. So like she's putting the claiming gig Japan without her, she's claiming DIBs on, putting DIBs on everything. Boom boom boom, all that stuff. We have to see together. But if you don't have the vacation that I have, then how we ever going to achieve any of this? You know?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me let me let me say this again.
Speaker 1: I don't mean this sound like a brat, And I know a lot of people of rolling their eyes. I could see some of you rolling your eyes right now. But but am I not right? This is this is the time that I'm afforded, and I should be able to do what I want.
Speaker 2: Being a dead horse.
Speaker 1: You can go away for a few days as long as you're back on Thursday, in my opinion. But I think she gets to tell you this certain places she'd like to experience with you. But I when I worked, when I worked with you at the Morning Show, I think the height of my vacation time was six and a half weeks when I worked there. Now, uh, my wife and kids didn't have off all those vacation times. Again, I I, I'm married and have kids. You are not, don't have kids. I will, I will say unequivocally, there's there's not a place in the world that I would rather go without my family.
Speaker 2: Then I would want to go with them, understood.
Speaker 1: So, but you and I are not the same and we have a different dynamic in my relationships. But I'm talking, but I'm speaking from David Brody's body, So I'm talking about what David Brody would say, And I'm saying I would never in a million years think of going to Greece without my without my understood, without my family. That's fair, But that's that's so. But if you're trying to be objective. I know sometimes you have an ounce of objectivity in you. I was looking for you. I wouldn't go to boundary it be my boy No, not Greece. But I'm crazy? Am I crazy for not want? The whole crux of this is where Am I crazy for not wanting to squander eight eight days of a vacation sitting here because my partner has to work for those days. That's not my problem, that's not my fault. But I should be able to get to do what I want to do. It's not your fault, but it's twenty five percent your problem because you're in a relationship with understood. Yes, yes I am. So you do have to have a conversation, sure, because maybe she's gonna be like, oh, I'm at work and there's my boyfriend all over social media.
Speaker 2: Yes, so she's forced to see where you are. That's another thing.
Speaker 1: If normal people go on vacation without their spouse, maybe they don't post everything everything because I love it? Yes, I know so now right, so maybe you should block Robin from social media. Would never do that, stop it now getting me in trouble. I would never do that. That's not what I did, not so I should hide her. I should? She should. I should. That's why you hurt her feelings when you're out like dancing on a bar and cabo and she's like a slave to the grind in Manhattan. She should go on social media and not be like, oh I gotta greaded times. Great, Okay, I'm working great, I'm on a hot subway train. Yeah all right, Oh we gotta take a break.
Speaker 2: Scarry is gonna go on vacation while we're taking a break.
Speaker 1: Boys podcast, I.
Speaker 2: Got a question for us.
Speaker 1: I mean to sound so entitled, but no, no, no, these are the cobus I have so yet, Yeah, what's yours? I know, I know. I got a friend who got a new car, and and uh, you know how the central control dashboard, the navigation system lets you control the radio and and uh where you're going, and everything's in that one screen, right, Yeah, everything's controlled by the screen.
Speaker 2: And usually as the driver, you control all of it.
Speaker 1: You control the music, you control where you go in, you control what route you're taking. You're the boss, right, sure, well this car, this car has an auxiliary navigation screen above the glove compartment, which gives the controls to the passenger as an option, so the passenger can control the radio and the navigation, right, they can be in charge of it right now. Okay, I'm of the mindset, keep in mind depends on who's my passenger. Okay, but for the most part, when you're driving, you're king of the castle and you control all of it, the temperature, the radio, whatever you're playing. Yes, yes, now, I know the passenger can reach over and touch the middle screen. But when you give them their own screen and they can control everything, it could be your kid, I could be.
Speaker 2: Your husband or wife.
Speaker 1: Do you want that? No, that's next level. I mean I get it. The reach over, it will make them think twice about it. They won't think twice if they have their own personal controls. Yeah, that's rough.
Speaker 2: Bye, I'm gonna change the station.
Speaker 1: Is that a safety feature? What are they trying to do? They're trying to be like, you know what, you focus on driving and let the passenger figure out everything else. Is that what they're Is that the message? I think it's a luxury like, oh, well, you know what, search for the nearest Taco bell, search for the nearest whatever, search for the nearest Marriott hotel. So yeah, it is helpful. If you ask them for help, but if you give them the controls. By the way, the medsin now losing ten to two, so it's over. I'm waiting for it to be ten to four, over and out. Oh it's pretty much. Yeah, okay, So I do not want this in my car. Would you want it your car? So your boys are sitting there changing the radio, and I don't trust that.
Speaker 2: I never want it.
Speaker 1: I would never want it in my car with you in my car, because you're always mister I got another way to get there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got a short cut. You'd be re routing us all over the place.
Speaker 1: Oh, for sure, two hundred percent. You know, when I'm in Jetski Bryan's car, which always reeks a pot, he's always company. He's always on either the Bob Marley station or serious XM chill. And I'm cool with it because, first of all, I'm smelling the weed. I'm getting secondhand, secondhand high. So I'm sitting there and I'm vibing out and I'm in the moment, and I'm like and the music just goes with the atmosphere and the smells of his car. So I'm like, this is perfect. I mean, yeah, I mean some Bob Marley playing, so so I don't want to be in control in other people's cars. I rarely do a takeover. So if I get in a car and the I was playing Bob Marley, I definitely want to take over the radio.
Speaker 2: Really, I feel like slices back me up here.
Speaker 1: If you're in the car, you should choose the music, absolutely, But if the people in the car do not listen to a genre of music, you know they don't listen to it, then find something that's palatable, right, Like, if my kids are in the car, I'm not gonna play like eighties nineties metal because they're not gonna like that. But I might play like twenty twenty hard rock. I might play something they like, or or I might play I might let them pick the music I'm not gonna put on Bob Marley. If I'll give you an example, So on this trip, you tell me what you think of this. On the trip to go see the comedian my friend paper menus driving the car, okay, the paper Menu and I are both in our fifties like you, okay, and obviously our musical tastes range anywhere from the nineteen sixties to now right maybe earlier because I listened to my parents listened to the car. I grew up listening to what they listen That's what you do, right, Your parents listen to music from their era. Oh when you're in the car at eight years old or you're listening to their music. So our musical range is probably from the forties till now. Okay, Well, paper Menu has two friends from the neighborhood and they're like in their thirties, much younger than us. So in the car ride, he puts on a playlist of like seventies classic hits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, I yeah.
Speaker 1: I get it. I know that I know the music right right, Yeah, But the guys in the back in their thirties weren't born.
Speaker 2: They were born in they.
Speaker 1: Were born, And like, yeah, that's that's downright selfish, you know, you know I can. I'll say this when I'm driving and I'm going to pick up my dad and we're going for breakfast on a Saturday morning, or we're going out not putting a DM on, are you no? I actually switch away. I'm always because by default Scary Jones driving alone, it's always it's always a dance channel. It's always dance it's always em always right, right. And I don't even listen to Z one hundred necessarily, I I you know, yeah, sometimes I do. In the morning, I listen to like news because I want to hear what's going on and make sure I'm up to date on some things. But I will, Yeah, I'm old school. I listened to news in the morning. But but Z one hundred leisurely here and there, you know, not not all the time, but Scary Jones driving alone ed m And then when I go to pick up my dad, I make a conscious effort to put on the oldies channel because that's me being unselfish, the opposite of selfish, the softer side of scary. Right. Then, Yeah, it's like, you know what, that wouldn't go on vacation if the particle exactly. And so when I'm going down every time I turn down that block and I see him coming down the steps, I'm like, uh, gotta find sixties on six or seventies on seven or solid gold, you know, because his era was the nineteen fifties, the duops and the doop music in the sixties and stuff like that, right, so you want to get as close to what he might like By the way, I also love that music because uh, you know, I can appreciate it. So it's it's common ground for both of us. EDM is not. That's why I think your friend was super selfish. Paper Menu should have should have at least had the decency to find some common ground between the two generations. Yeah, because these guys were so young. I don't think their parents listened to seventies music.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe, but they didn't.
Speaker 1: They didn't listen to seventies music growing up. And they were Look, they were both sitting in the back. That was fine.
Speaker 2: But I was just like I said to I go paper Menu, I go PM.
Speaker 1: Maybe put on something a little leonelnwer He said, na, classic stuff.
Speaker 2: It's great. I'm in the mood.
Speaker 1: I you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're gonna alienate half the car.
Speaker 1: Don't you want a don't you want everybody to like be singing along and having the same memories? And I don't know some again, common ground, I guess not. No, you know what song?
Speaker 2: You know what song he played for these guys in the thirties. Ooh got choka, ooh got choka?
Speaker 1: Uga? Okaying this fee feeling? Yeah? Right? You and I would have been like, that's great, yeah, no, not hooked feeling? What was that like nineteen seventy two?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So I turn around and go, guys, you love this song, Like, what is this? They didn't even know that that's a that's a classic song. I'm shocked they don't know it.
Speaker 2: Let's see what he hooked on a feeling.
Speaker 1: Came out hooked on a feeling, hold on hooked on a feeling.
Speaker 2: It's nineteen seventy four, scary?
Speaker 1: Come on? Yeh yeah, okay, I said, what did I say? Seventy two, seventy three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was close. But fifty one years ago.
Speaker 1: Think about that. It's fifty one years ago my age. What year were seventy four? Year? Were one? Scary? I know?
Speaker 2: So fifty but you know that song?
Speaker 1: Right, it's hard. We know songs from the year we were born because our parents played it in the car. It's hard to it's hard to believe that song is fifty one. Fifty one years that's a long fucking time. Guy. Every generation didn't they go around now. I'm sorry, like you know thirty years ago? Uh you know from it's like back that whole Yeah, I haven't seen that one and back to the future. He went back from eight nineteen eighty five to nineteen fifty five, that would be the same thing as if he went back now to nineteen ninety five. That's right. But to us, nineteen ninety five is like not that long ago. It wasn't that long ago, but it was the exact amount of time thirty years. Yeah, but eighty five to fifty, eighty five to fifty five. Technically, that's because of the technological advances from nineteen fifty five to eighty five. I mean, color television was you know, became prevalent, and you know, now it's like ninety five the internet existed to now, I mean, yeah, things are different. I mean, look, Friends came out in nineteen ninety four, but things from the nineties are still relevant, still relevant because people watch Friends like it's a new show.
Speaker 2: Oh, I watch Friends all.
Speaker 1: The time, which is also Friends a lot of a lot of clubs and bars, they're still dropping songs from the nineties and two thousands and they play them and like they're new. And I couldn't figure that out at first. I'm like, why this song is like twenty five thirty years old? These kids are twenty five and thirty years old. They were just being born, and some of them weren't when this song came out. Yet they know the words. And yet these DJs, I'm like, are they just are they just not realizing that they're that old. But I think that certain things from the nineties and two thousands are timeless at this point, where if you were bringing in the nineties and things in the fifties were not the song sweet Child of Mine by Guns and Roses, you know, that's nineteen eighty seven, nineteen eighty seven, appetite, Appetite for destruction. Yeah, but it's still it's still people playing in bars, it's still at My kids would probably know that song, you know, it would be my guest. So a lot of these songs were carried along, they were dragged along with us, whereas they're in movies, in pop culture where we were. But when we were in the nineteen eighties and growing up eighties nineties, it we songs from the sixties weren't really being dragged to our era as much. No, except the classic rock songs were like led Zeppelin. Okay, different again, I don't I don't want to make this an old podcast.
Speaker 2: Or podcast.
Speaker 1: We're old, No, no, we're just listen. We have a long variety of music. My point was I wouldn't have put on seventies music in a corwood a couple of guys who's combined age wasn't seventy right, But there is definitely combined age. There is definitely, though, a necessity for the driver to main contain control of the vehicle and the car and the and the and the and the music. I think that I think the driver has the first right of refusal, but they should be considerate in their song selections depending on who's there. That's all all right, we took a break down.
Speaker 2: I think we can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right with Scary and Brody.
Speaker 2: Is this our last break?
Speaker 1: This is it? You always ask that question, and it always is. Well, I want to make sure I have time for the things I want to have time for. Okay, well you got We've got nothing but time. My friend, this is an audio untimed podcast. Well, I want to play some audio off my phone because I want to get it off my phone, so I need to play it. I've had it here for like three episodes already, so you know I've been getting all those spam calls where they all want to give me a they want to give me a loan. Right, Oh, we're just one step away from the loan. We're just going to finalize one last thing to approve your loan. And I'm like, I never applied for loan.
Speaker 2: Y're all scams.
Speaker 1: There's a new strategy going on. Now, there's a new thing. They're all giving us a name. They're all giving me a name. Now, what's that.
Speaker 2: They're all telling me their name.
Speaker 1: No, no, so oh so they come right out with a name to show you how honest they are. Yeah, so uh here here are my calls, ready, can you hear it?
Speaker 3: Hold on, ook, Hey, this is Noura Sancho's giving you a quick right here we go. Hey, this is Noura Sancho's giving you a quick cally review unit. I see here that we were able to get you preapproved for a personal loan as much as fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Nora Sanchez.
Speaker 2: Who else is calling me scary?
Speaker 1: Hm? Hmm?
Speaker 3: Hey? Is it dolatoris making sure you got our last message from the pre qualification death?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is it Belatorious is calling you?
Speaker 1: Okay? Oh?
Speaker 3: Hey, is it bellatoris making sure you got our last prequification death. I see here that we were able to get you past initial review for a debt consolidation loan.
Speaker 1: Oh I got passed initial review. I have no debt to say. How that debt consolidation but you have none of that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, who else is calling me? Let's see?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is Harper Anderson circling back from the approval team.
Speaker 1: I see here that we were Copper Anderson Opera circling back. Yeah, using business terms. Now who now?
Speaker 2: Who is this calling me?
Speaker 3: This is Harper Anderson circling back from the approval team.
Speaker 1: Calling me again with the same recording, with the same message.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see who this is.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is Kamila Jones circling back from the funding approval.
Speaker 1: In it this this loan is thirty thousand dollars. Let me see who this one's from. Hold on, hey, this is Kamila Jones.
Speaker 3: We were able to get you.
Speaker 1: You didn't You didn't call her back. That's why that's why she's circling back. Brody, but here, this is this is my face favor Ready, hold on, here we go.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is Lucy and Winn circling back from the approval team.
Speaker 1: It's Lucy and that we were able.
Speaker 3: To atentatively approve for a personal loan of sixty.
Speaker 1: Sixty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh my Lucy. Let's hear it again.
Speaker 1: This is Lucy and Winn circling back Lucy and Gwen. But apparently only Lucy does the Lucy doesn't talking on that one, but this time with a with a budget. I get a budget loan for sixty thousand dollars. They're just circling back, so that's the big thing. They're all leaving their names now, Oh oh, thank you, Harper Anderson, not your real name? And Isabella Chez. Yeah, everybody almost everyone's Hispanic ros Milla, Camilla stop, Camilla Jones, Isabella Torres, Nora Sanchez.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, who.
Speaker 1: Do you got there? That's what do I have? You hold on? God? Hi, this is Marvin. I got Marvin calling me. They're the guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, thanks for calling Hawper Anderson.
Speaker 1: See now you're getting that on voicemail. I get it in the form of text messages. Oh read me yours, I got something I gotta read. Let's do that be in the second Mary fam text I am married from Aerotech. Hey, we recently we learned about your outstanding background and would like to recommend you for a high paying remote job opportunity. Oh get isn't that cool, brody? They knew that I was, that I was so miserable at my current job that they want They want me to choose part time or full time remote. And the work is simple and it can be completed right here at home in sexy hotly get up up to three weeks vacation, you know, talk about wait, hold on, ready, ready for this one. Oh? You know, it's funny you say that, brody, because the salary range is three hundred to seven hundred dollars a day at all, and the monthly income is guaranteed to be no less than ten grand a month. And how about this in addition fifteen how many weeks vacation do you say? I get three fifteen to twenty five days of paid annual leave a year.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's five weeks for you. That's a that's a cart.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So that's Mary from Aerotech. Thank you, Mary. Oh Mary, Well, let me tell you I got this text message, how are you David? It's been a few days and we wanted to make sure everything is going well. If you'd like a follow up, visit book one here at crazy ass uurl that doesn't exist. Scam.
Speaker 2: Oh here's another one.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're in luck.
Speaker 1: We're on track to buy a stock with an anticipated sixty percent gain by the end of the week. Interested in getting in on this? Reply yes for free trade updates?
Speaker 2: Scary?
Speaker 1: How can I say no? You know what I I can get a sixty thousand dollars loan from Harper Anderson. Why take that money? Take that money and get a sixty percent gain from these people? Just I replying Yes, Brody, I might have to recommend you for this job that I'm about to turn down from. Okay, tell me from from Lyra from the Robert Half recruitment team. Apparently Mary from Aerotech must have passed my name over to these people, because now I'm good for a current remote part time position assisting companies like Costco and Sam's Club to enhance their product visibility and customer engagement. And get this flexible working hours only ninety minutes a day, four days a week, where I'm not a day five hundred dollars a day. Brody and that's funny. That's only during the probation period. Basic salary will be six hundred and he's gonna be getting a lump sum after just three days of work. So basically, they're gonna have fabed my full year salary in three days after working for them for three days and fifteen to twenty days of paid annual leave. Not quite as good as Mary's offer that was offering me twenty five days, but thirty five open positions. So I'm one of thirty five lucky people. Bertie, if you want, I'll send you their number to text. You know what you should do, Scary, You should get that to Robin. Let her get the job. Then you guys can go on more vacations together. Ah, now we're talking. Who else you got? Okay, so slices, this may be the job for me. Hello, period, I'm Carrie car Capital I of Tall Team or twel Team. Okay, very exciting, Carrie ar Capital I. I'm here to send a quick note about an available role. Shall I send you the summary? I mean, hello, what are you waiting for? Send that summary to me right now? Bring it on, baby, you know what I'm gonna do. I don't even care about the salary because I just got sixty thousand dollars from Harper Anderson. I rolled it over into a sixty percent stock market game, so I'm rolling in the money. I'll work for TOWL team for nothing, just so I can work for the brilliance of car Capital.
Speaker 2: I I mean, what more do I want?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: And how polite? Scary?
Speaker 1: Shall I send you the summary? Yes you shall, Yes you shall. Yeah. Also Jasmine Martin hr at WBD Global Streaming checking in with a job offered from me that was three days ago and I decided not to answer them.
Speaker 2: That's a shame.
Speaker 1: Hey. By the way, TWEL team, Yeah, carry car Capital. I right, that's from area code three sixty eight. Now you're saying yourself, huh, I don't know that that number. Where in America is area code three six eight? You would be wrong scary if you thought that because it's in the Canadian province of Alberta. Oh in Canada. You're not even Canadian. How is this going to be something that you can you get involved with? I guess they're hiring outside sources to recruit for this great company. I guess that's why she's so polite. Shall I send you the summary all the way from Canada. Oh please do now, Brody. You always complain that you're getting job opportunity offers that are nowhere near your field, right nowhere near? Well, how about a recruiter from Mirrormax. Is Abella checked in with me and saw my profile on Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. Are we gonna read them together? Are we gonna read this way together? Hold on a second, Hold on, let's read it in unison. Hold on me before you no, no, before you tell me. I wonder if it's this person Oka is a bellaturis making sure you got our last message from this just as a bella. But is that from Mira Max? Because this is a bella saw my profile on several online recruitment platforms and was so impressed by my background and experience. So they're offering these flexible part time opportunities. Brody, Wow, Oh you know what this is. The position is assisting YouTubers and major brands to increase data traffic, and my salary is going to be anywhere from fifty dollars to three thousand dollars a day. How's that possible? I don't know scary, but you know, I'm on a lot of job sites and I put in the word radio or host. Yeah, you know, podcast host, radio host, radio in general radio. I got a job, I got a I got a job suggestion from you know, zip recruiter or one of these companies. The Radio Hotel in New York, in Manhattan is looking for a a host for their restaurant. The Radio Hotel is looking Foray, why to what I'm looking for? It's so close. You were right there anyway?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: I want to know. Listen, I know none of ours fall for these, but but if any of you got a job but five hundred dollars one thousand dollars a day from one of these text messages or a stock investment.
Speaker 2: Or a loan, if any of these worked for you, let us know legit, you know.
Speaker 1: And if they don't work for any of us or people listening, who the hell does it work for? It must work.
Speaker 2: Some of my grandmothers is calling.
Speaker 1: There are people that are being tricked because they wouldn't continue these scams if they weren't working, So they must be working. Wow. Well, maybe the other scams weren't work and that's why they're putting names in them now, Isabella Torres, Camilla Jones.
Speaker 2: Lucy and Gwen.
Speaker 1: You think you think Lucy and Gwen are like our old friends, that they work together, They go out to dinner together, Lucy and Gwen, they make calls together. You think Gwen like they work on commission And Lucy was like, you know what, Gwen, you need some commission money.
Speaker 2: I'm going to make the call, but.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put your name in the call so that when they call back, we'll both get credit for the call. Lucy, that's really nice to you. Oh, no problem, Gwen, you're my best friend. You know what, Brody, if you and I are still alive in twenty five thirty years and we're retired, maybe we could be the new Lucian Gwen. Maybe we can actually make people's days and recruit them for jobs. Maybe that should be we could be headhunters. Yeah, but you know what, you would call up and go, hey, it's scary and brody, and I'd be like, no, it's brody and scary. That's so true. We'll fight till the death. Boys, boys,