Speaker 1: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to Malie's Bookshelf, bringing a world together with books.
Speaker 2: Culture and community.
Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Malik, your host a Malise's Bookshelf. Well, I'm kind of speechless. I don't know about you, because the great divide is upon us in this country. I had to speak on the attempted assassination of president, former President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump. Everybody's talking about it.
Speaker 1: It's on every channel, so I had to talk about this great divide.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, I can't believe what I just witnessed today July thirteenth, twenty twenty four, that the hatred and the great divide in America over political views has led to the attempted sassination of a former president.
Speaker 2: Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump was just shot at an attempted sassination centimeters from a bullet being shot in the head. It pierced his ear and created blood on his face and cheek as he dropped to the floor, and his Secret Service jumped all over him to cover him as they pinned Donald Trump down. I guess the Secret Service and other counter agencies shot the shooter dead on top of a roof two hundred to three hundred meters away from where Trump was hosting a riley in Butler, Pennsylvania. This was most striking. It's on every channel, it's on every radio station, it's all over social media. This is his history and everyone is talking about it. What has happened in this nation that a person would want to assassinate a former president because of policy difference, because you view certain policies different, have a different belief system in which you will want to see a former president and the leading candidate of the Republican Party assassinated because you don't think you can beat him at the polls, or you think he's a threat to democracy. When the president doesn't even run the country, he's just a spokesperson. There are forces in this world that are far more powerful than the president of the United States. The president is a spokesman for the rich and the elite, and he answers to a lot of their policies. If you think a corporation or a wealthy family is going to donate millions and millions of dollars to a presidential campaign and don't expect something in return, I don't know what alternate world you live in. Most people might get twenty dollars, thirty dollars or whatever to a politician. But what about these families and organizations to give millions to one candidate and you think that they don't have influence once you take that money. So for someone to want to assassinate the president as if the president solely runs this country when he is surrounded with advisors in top elite officials to aid him in the policies and the decisions. But outside of that, you're dealing with lobbyists who have tremendous influence on the political process and on policy. But to think that someone that just gives you ten million, fifty million, one hundred million to run your campaign so that you can win, and you think that they don't have ideological and political policies that they want implemented.
Speaker 2: Let's get will.
Speaker 1: So the fact that both parties, a Democrat and Republicans are saying some of the most outrageous things against each other creates a climate and an environment where someone could be incited to assassinate and murder a political rival.
Speaker 2: And that's what is taking place.
Speaker 1: On July thirteenth, an attempted assassination on Donald J. Trump, the former president, the forty fifth president of the United States, how outrageous of a nation where you can't have differences in running for a political office the president of the United States and be threatened because of your views and your part. Let me say this, it doesn't matter who wins the election. The reality is that America is not going away. America is not going to be destroyed. America is an institution, and no matter what president sits in that seat is not gonna change the fact that America is still gonna continue. The idea that if one of them win, the threat to democracy it ends. This is insane to even think that that would be the case. You in there four years and you're out. Now someone else come in, got their views, four years.
Speaker 2: Later they out.
Speaker 1: But to think that you can vote for whom you want. But the reality is to assassinate arrival because you feel that he's threatening. Of him winning in America overnight, it's just going to be destroyed because of a few policy changes. Black people in America have survived slavery. And if you think that if Trump winning or Biden winning is going to disrupt or stop the opportunity to be successful in America, I'm here to tell you that you're wrong in that type of thinking. We have survived slavery, we have survival pression, we have survived racism and discrimination and all kinds of acts of uninjustice. So the idea that somebody who becomes president all of a sudden is going to stop our ability to be successful in winning America when we have survived and been resilient and been successful despite slavery, despite racism, despite all of the atrocities that have happened in to us. We can only stop ourselves, and no president can stop us if we're willing to do what it takes to continue on the path of success. But let me tell you that requires change because a lot of things in our community I'm talking about the black community is not cope, esthetic, is not appropriate, is not good for our community, is not good for the culture, and it's not good for us as a people. But yet anyone that sits in that seat of president has nothing to do with teenage presidency, obesity, poor health, black on black crime, black on black murder, addiction, alcohol, cocaine, crack, all other kind of ulicit drugs that take place in our community. I'm just saying. The point here is that we got a lot of problems in our communities and whoever becomes president is not going to solve those problems. We gotta solve those problems. But that's another issue for another time. But today, the attempted assassination of former President Donald J. Trump is a sign of a very dangerous time in America where words are being used to incite violence and influence people to do acts of unthinkable. This has to stop where we have to get back to the conversation and we don't have to degree, but we can debate and we can discuss our differences. It's a shame that you can't even sit down at a table with your own family and discuss politics and religion without an argument and a fight, because we've become so strong in our opinions that it becomes an argument with anger and hateful passion and incredibly defensive. So in this country, we need to calm down and get to a point where we can talk our differences and be able to unite on our differences back another person's belief in ideology.
Speaker 2: We never are.
Speaker 1: Going to see things one hundred but I know one thing, it's our differences that have caused the changes in America for the better that never would have been a Martin Luther King or Malcolm X or any other activist or a person who devoted their life for change for the better. Violence is not the answer. Violence will not solve our differences. Violence is not the key for lasting change.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying if someone attacked you that you don't defend yourself, because you got a right to defend yourself. You have a pursuit of liberty in life. I'm not saying that you turn the other cheek out somebody is to kill you and murder you. What I'm saying is just to go out and premeditate to kill someone when you can use the power of your words to change.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're attacked, fight with those who fight with you and defend yourself, but.
Speaker 2: Don't be the aggressor.
Speaker 1: I'm at Belief Books, as I do always, I randomly ask customers their thoughts about a particular subject, and yesterday there could be no other subject that's more important than the attempted assassination of Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump.
Speaker 1: I want to ask a customer randomly her thoughts about this attempting assassination.
Speaker 2: Half an inch later, it would have been over. It would have been over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what's your thoughts about the great divibe? People seem to want to take things to the extreme and use violence in an effort to determine the outcome of the upcoming election. If the justice system did its job, we wouldn't be having this problem.
Speaker 2: Guilty guilty?
Speaker 1: So you think that if their justice system would have imprisoned the leading Republican camp Well, actually, he's about to take the anomination of the Republican Party's upcoming week that the Justice Department should have jailed him, imprisoned him since they convicted him in the hush money case they called.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that he should have been jail So you believe he's absolutely guilty. I believe he's guilty. I don't know about absolutely because I didn't have anything to do with it.
Speaker 1: Better, do you think that you do believe he's guilty? But do you think what happened yesterday was justified?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Like I said, if he had been in prison, we wouldn't have had to worry about that.
Speaker 2: You don't advocate violence, No, No, that's never the answer.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, thank you, thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate that. I'm gonna roll up on these other two this in the store now, and I'm gonna ask them their thoughts, like, Hey, hey, how y'all doing.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Malik Books. I just had a brief question.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I got a podcast called Malice's Bookshelf, bringing the world together with books, culture and community.
Speaker 2: But right now I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: I'm doing a episode on the Great Divide, the attempting assassination of Donald J.
Speaker 2: Chump.
Speaker 1: I just want to get your thoughts.
Speaker 4: I'm the wrong one to ask because I think it was all a set up and I think it was not real. It was fake, because what secret service is gonna allow the attempted a target of an assassinate assassination to jump up and do a photo op fist picture. So I just don't I don't believe nothing he does nothing. Everything he does is stage. Everything he does is for his benefit.
Speaker 1: Do you think that he caused the death and the injury of two other people?
Speaker 4: Yes, I think that they would be like, Okay, that's just I mean, they probably told a guy not to shoot at anybody, but you know, bull, it's gonna go where they go, and the people got collateral damage and they okay with that?
Speaker 1: Wow, And you think he orchestrated in line with the Secret Service.
Speaker 4: I think that there was some secret service there, and then the other ones were not real secret service, probably his hired bodyguards or whatever. And yes, yes, I believe it all.
Speaker 2: I believe. So this wasn't a lone wolf.
Speaker 4: I believe they were all in on it. I was a lone wolf, probably shooter, but he wasn't.
Speaker 1: He was working with Trump hired this person or somebody around him, hired this person who knew.
Speaker 2: He was going to go on on the suicide mission.
Speaker 4: Maybe we don't know, but but I definitely I'm but I definitely don't think it was just a real assassination. No, I do not think so.
Speaker 1: Even when two when one person died, two people died, the shooter and an attendee and too seriously critically injured. That ye, yes, I still don't think.
Speaker 2: You Come on, brother, I know you got some thought. I know you got some thought.
Speaker 1: You want to keep it to yourself because you don't want to be in disagreement with your wife. I love to hear your thoughts on that. I love to hear your thoughts. Hey, hey, you know you.
Speaker 2: Can't turn the channel without hearing this.
Speaker 1: You can't turn the radio station walk them talking about it, and you can't go on social media without them talking about this.
Speaker 2: This is you know is.
Speaker 4: And I think that's what you wanted. Everybody's talking about Biden and Biden and Biden by he goes, I'm gonna turn it back on me.
Speaker 2: There. You so you really.
Speaker 1: Think Trump is that malicious that he would plot to get shot at and.
Speaker 4: Is graising somebody's ears his head. It would have been blown off. We you missed, no, he ain't no, miss he ain't no, missed, ain't no missed.
Speaker 2: The twenty you.
Speaker 4: Fake blood.
Speaker 2: Well I can assume by your statement that you're definitely not a fan of Donald J.
Speaker 4: Trump, not at all.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you God, thank you for visiting Elik Books.
Speaker 1: I'm just going around for my podcast asking my cut. I'm the owner of Elik and I just want to get your thoughts on the attempted assassination of Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump yesterday.
Speaker 3: I didn't really hear about it until like this morning. This morning, I saw this in the year Yes, yeah, that's all. I don't really know anything about it. I saw the picture of him pulling his fistuff after he got shot well, what.
Speaker 2: You think about that picture?
Speaker 3: H and it's it literally it's a kind of a cool picture for assassination at times.
Speaker 2: Right right.
Speaker 1: It reminded me when I saw that picture of Immajima, a statue that they made trying to take this heel and the soldiers was holding the flag, and you know, it looked like one of those type of that picture is going to be historic because the flag over him, the fisshed up the Secret Service. I mean, whoever made that shot? That was the money shot that was.
Speaker 2: That was awesome. That was a cool picture. So do you think violence is to answer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I think that in order to build a more compassion in society, we need to do it through compassion, not through violence, you know what I mean. And so if you want a world that's more love, we got to fight it through love, not through violence.
Speaker 1: So this action they took place to shoot her, they're still under investigation. But you don't agree with him trying to silence somebody just because he has a difference in an ideology and opinion.
Speaker 3: Even though I don't agree with it, is that Trump, I still don't think you should kill anybody in the MA regardless opinion. It's their right to believe how they want, you know what I mean. And I think that, honestly, it's a slippery, seppy shart shooting people you don't like on the other side, they start shooting people on your side, and it's a war. That's not what anybody.
Speaker 2: Wants, you know.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I think violence is definitely not the key, not the answer. I mean, I'm not saying that if you're attacked, you have a right to defend like this the counter and telling the shot that God did. I saw that because of the fact that he tried to kill someone.
Speaker 2: He was the aggressor.
Speaker 1: So in a situation like that, sometimes you got to meet it with violence. So they killed the guy because he was trying to kill Pete.
Speaker 3: That's fair because he was he had a gun, he was dangerous. But I'm not saying I'm not talking about like other parties.
Speaker 1: This guy met premeditated, took a rifle, got on the roof, and he went there to assassinate Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump. Yeah that's pretty that's what that's premeditated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's violent, that's wicked, And we definitely concurred that it's not acceptable just because we have difference in ideologies that a person shouldn't think that killing someone is the answer to solve you know.
Speaker 2: The issue.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your opportunity here your thoughts on that. Appreciate that, and welcome to Maligue Books. Okay, okay, Ashley, come on over here, come on, come on, what you got to say about all this? I didn't talk to a few customers talk to me.
Speaker 5: I think it's very suspicious. I'm also like chronically online, so I'm kind of convinced that it was like they did it on purpose.
Speaker 2: Okay, Trump did it on purpose.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or his team maybe to make him look like really cool, because now people people are like, I'm in him just because he.
Speaker 1: Like so so you really think that he would jeopardize his family, jeopardize his kids, jeopardized people did love him in the background. Okay, but let's say, for instance, that he done that and they found evidence that he'd done that when he go to jail.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he's so rich and he's so like we've already seen him get convicted of things and he never went to jail. He just is so rich that he can get off of things.
Speaker 1: So if he plotted to kill someone, that to attempt his assassinate and then ultimately several people got killed and they found him guilty.
Speaker 2: You don't think he'd go to jail. No, you think he is still get off. I don't.
Speaker 5: It seems like so far he keeps getting off on things. So I don't know why what would change.
Speaker 1: But even though you feel the way you feel, you don't justify someone attempting assassinate you ever try to kill anyone? No? Okay, So what evidence do you have that he would stage his own attempted assassination?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 5: Nothing concrete, just like opinion, just different people saying different things, and it gets your mind thinking, oh, okay.
Speaker 1: So it ain't possible that the United States government wouldn't attempt to kill him.
Speaker 5: Oh for sure. The government's very corrupt.
Speaker 1: So you don't think that the CIABR possibly could try to attempt to kill They could.
Speaker 2: So all of these are possibilities.
Speaker 5: I think the government is I think the whole government is corrupt and we should overthrow it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you're the second person that said that you feel that it might have been staged. And on social media, I've seen other people say something similar to that, But I also heard other people say that this was a real attempted assassination because of difference in ill theologies and beliefs in that President Biden and all of his uh in the Democratic Party for the last eight years have consistently onslaughted in target did Trump with words that he did he's a hitler, and that he's wicked, and that he's it is an existential threat to democracy, and that these things could possibly influence people in a way of violence.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know people like really love Trump and I'm not sure why, but yeah, you shouldn't try to assassinate anyone. But I think I think all government is kind of sketchy, whether you're a Republican or Democrat. I truly believe that the presidents aren't the ones in control. It's large corporations and everyone with lots of money, like all the big businesses that own all the smaller businesses, Like I feel like they're like little puppeteers, like like Trump isn't really like it's not all Trump's fault, but it's also not all Biden's fault. I think there's more to it. I think I think it's more complex.
Speaker 1: I definitely concur with that that belief that the that the president doesn't run the country, that the rich and elite does, and they have unlimited resources and power to influence leaders to do their well.
Speaker 2: I definitely agree with that. A lot of people agree.
Speaker 1: With that, and so with that, thank you for your thoughts.
Speaker 5: But I know that it's it's corporations causing a lot of these problems because there's some money.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, thank you for your thoughts, Ashley. I'll see another customer at Eligue Books. I'm gonna go over here and ask them their thoughts on the attempt assassination.
Speaker 2: How you are young ladies doing good? Good good.
Speaker 1: I got a podcast called Malice's Bookshelf bringing the world together with books, culture and community. And what I'm doing is just asking people what you thought about the attempted assassination of Donald Trump yesterday.
Speaker 2: Come on, give me your thought.
Speaker 1: I do not have any.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you seen the videos? Okay? You ain't seen none of the news social media?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, the news and what about you? You haven't seen the whole thing.
Speaker 2: But it's it's crazy. But what do you think about is balanced? The answer no?
Speaker 1: Never. So you don't agree with someone trying to assassinate. You might disagree with Donald Trump, but you don't agree with somebody's trying to kill.
Speaker 2: Him, do you.
Speaker 3: No, that's.
Speaker 2: So both of you concur with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, the violence is not the way, But don't you feel that that that words are influential and that when people incite I guess like saying that Trump is an existential threat by saying that he's a rapist, by saying that, you're making what I'm saying that you're making people hate him and you're making an exciting people to maybe want to assassinate him, thinking that that's you're doing a noble thing. What do you think about that? Yeah, he says a lot of crazy stuff, but it still doesn't like, you know, it's not okay that he's attempted assassination. That's crazy and it's scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's scary. That's scary.
Speaker 1: I mean, we had a agree to disagree whout kind of killed somebody because your policies might be different, or I don't like what you say is not a reason.
Speaker 2: For violence.
Speaker 1: For violence actually do lose their life that way.
Speaker 2: So already, so yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, well we appreciate your thoughts. The last bookshelf bringing the world together with books, culture and welcome to Maligue Books. All right, well, I think that I got about what four or five people get their thoughts on Donald Trump. I did my talk about Donald Trump. So this is what this next episode, the Great Divide, the attempted assassination of Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Malik's Bookshelf, where topics on the shelf are books, culture, and community.
Speaker 2: Be sure to subscribe and leave me a review. Check out my Instagram at Malak Books. See you next time