Speaker 1: On today's episode The Command Center Podcast, it's Jaden Sanity media mania.
Speaker 2: All right, we review the Browns game. I mean, we keep breaking history, a lot of fun stuff to review.
Speaker 1: It is. We're previewing one of.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited for this game, the Baltimore game, and then we got.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, hell no. It all starts right out. Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smoot and Santana Moss and guys.
Speaker 1: Are we like a.
Speaker 3: Really good football team? Are the Commanders like?
Speaker 1: Is that? I want to believe? I mean no, well no, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Because you're acting like the fan base right now, where you unsure if we're good or that, like stopping.
Speaker 1: And just I didn't think that's the question though. How do you feel about it? I feel great.
Speaker 4: I'd be smiling in my sleep every day, Like listen, I love a little smile.
Speaker 1: He first out, there's no easy wins in NFL.
Speaker 4: Started starting off four and one, and it ain't just before and one as high as being done. We're doing it with a young quarterback that seems to be fearless. We're doing it with a young quarterback that seems to be poison a way that nothing bothers him. And I think the team is taking that identity. Like you know, belief is everything, and I think these guys believe any field they step on, we are capable of beating whatever steps in front of us.
Speaker 1: Whatever they well belief. Just speaking of belief along, I think you know, they're taking on the identity of the coaching staff won the head coach and Dan Quinn or for so many years of playing against him and watching him coach on teams that this team actually played against. It was a It was something unique about the way those guys flew around the ball on the defensive side of they played happy. I saw it in Dallas, talked about this last week. I saw it in Atlanta, and damn show saw it in Seattle. And when you look at the things that we're doing now, I just talk about the new years. The last three years in Dallas, we knew playing this team, we had no fear of the Cowboys. It always was a big riber because of whatever the past, you know, history was about our game. But until he came there, that defense was totally different and it was impossible almost to go on that that building or play them here and beat them, and I feel like now we have that same thing going for us as a team, not just on defense, as a team. We just talked about it briefly. How to receive was a running down field trying to block for the other guys. That's a mindset that he speaks about this all the time, the brotherhood, being together, having your brother's back. All that stuff is coming to forefront, and I think it's because of what he's been preaching and teaching for since, you know, since they won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I asked the question because there were a lot of questions coming into the season. You know, we got a rookie quarterback, who head coach, We've got some you know, offensive line questions, defensive line questions, talent questions on.
Speaker 4: The side of greatness at the time, and said we was gonna be good.
Speaker 3: Can we can we check that out?
Speaker 1: I say so?
Speaker 2: First off, I think Tann and I were the ones who said that specific thing. I said, because of scheme, will be better. And now you're just trying to take.
Speaker 4: Tail last you know that will I literally told you I said the offensive lad gonna be better than peak.
Speaker 1: Because I told you that. Because I told you that, we told each other. How about we just do it?
Speaker 2: But anyway, so and then all of a sudden, it's like the offensive line, I thought they'd be playing better, but they're objectively playing good.
Speaker 1: They playing dominate, let's be honest.
Speaker 2: And I thought jayde Daniels was going to be good. I didn't think he was going to be this efficient. I mean, we're going to talk about the Browns game here in a second, but the ability to find explosive plays. I knew the defense was going to improve because the coaching, But to see Benjamin Saint juiced and Kwan Martin and these guys in the back end playing better, Mike Sanders still come along, Frankie Luvo like, it's just there's a lot and it happened fast. And I think the reason I the Tanna brought up such a great point, it's it's the culture of the mindset. It all happens so quickly. How many times have we had a new coach come in and it's it's like this kind of feels the same as before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's you know, it's gonna take us four years incorporate.
Speaker 1: We need to do. No.
Speaker 4: They came in here business on their mind, and then I think I had a lot to do with the fact that you up rooted the whole roster, so there's no lingering.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: That goes back to tennis point too though. You you said, these are the guys.
Speaker 2: This is the type of guy we want, is the type of players we want, type of mind, so we want. If you're not this guy.
Speaker 1: That's fine. They not hunt talent, they they hunt types, types, characters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and definitely when you go to the stadium, it the product on the field is different, but the crowd, the environment, it all feels.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: I was doing them on my my own feet of hit and I just glanced up at the sun and that this beautiful things and I said, you know what, this sun shines on nowhere.
Speaker 1: Statement listen to me. Listen the energy it felt right.
Speaker 4: I'm talking trash the Brown fans and it was the best trash talking session about because when you talk trading somebody they know, Like the Brown fan was looking at me, They're like, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is the best. Like they're not even trying anymore.
Speaker 4: Like teams are saying, you know what, Washington, we got to bring our hard hats. That's what they're saying, so forget with how we feel in here. You can always tell by what other teams and the other fan bases feel.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing about it, I think when you look at it as a whole, it's one thing we can sit here and say, you know and be biased and say, yeah, that good, you know what I mean, because of what they've shown. But it's the style of play that allows us to you know, to have something I guess you can say some confidence in confidence what they know we're saying, like we're just not just hanging on and being back with being wagons because we're part of the family. You know, we're really seeing a style of play being you know, that's allowing this team to be efficient and to have the four on one record that have right, we're electrified.
Speaker 4: Nobody wants to say it, we have an offense that's electric every time they listen.
Speaker 1: I have I have been a part of this team. I have watched this team At no time in my career.
Speaker 4: It ain't no time over the last twenty years I ever thought that every time our office tested the field.
Speaker 1: Like we go score like I feel they feel it.
Speaker 4: I feel that every time like transweigh my this will retire. All I'm saying is I have never been as confidence as I been over this last couple of weeks watching I was even condenced out the temple and then why I was not?
Speaker 1: I was not low like everybody else. I was like, dude, man, this was our first time. Yeah, we said we also we saw a lot of good it. I saw a lot of good out there, man, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: And I think you know every on all twenty twelve and feel similar. I'll tell you this right now. This offense is way more official, down to down more. We were really good in twenty twelve about finding exposive places.
Speaker 1: Had to hit right.
Speaker 4: We had to hit right and then and y'all molded an offense to one person at the time, like that offense was catered to me to RG three screen.
Speaker 1: But I would say this when we had to. When RG went down and Kurt went in there and we went back to more of the simplistic way of being a tradense, traditional offense with a drop of the game. It shows you then, too, what this offense could be now was more of that John Elway style. Basically, you got a guy Kurs mobile enough, but if you just do the things then you're supposed to do and hit and throw it into these holes that's supposed to be there. Like it shows you that this office could be what it wanted to be. You know. It's just you know, these guys are great at coaching and putting it in place. Who's the who's the quarterback? You know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I think my my point there is that obviously that's a great offense. We love that offense, Coyle's offense. But the efficiency of this offense, the dynamism, that's a word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the dynamis love this. Yeah, it's a word. Looking up, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's pretty smart. I think so. Dynamism I believe, but I don't don't.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you did leave a comment. If it's a real word, look it up. Not for fred dynamism, but it's more dynamic, it's more efficient, And to me, it all goes back to the play caller. They're not the play caller, the guy running the quarterback position. His ability to process of the quick release we've talked about all that stuff is really special.
Speaker 1: But if you.
Speaker 2: Want to, you guys can come to home games, and I think you should come to home believe, Yes, and we have tickets for the Panthers game, and we have like a special what is it special event? Maybe is the word We're going to use special ticket promo.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a discount if you do these themes.
Speaker 2: Yes, so there's a link of the description and use that link and as the promo code, use.
Speaker 1: One of our names. So use.
Speaker 3: First. I think you gotta write Santana the whole thing. That's a lot of letters to write.
Speaker 1: Say, Logan is a great names. Write that in and then Fred.
Speaker 4: Fan base, use free. It's the shortest to three. Listen, I am the fan favorite. Use free it. It's an easy way to get a come. I think you get like a lot of money off of these tickets.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know. That's a question for Jason C.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't expect anyone to vote for me, So please vote for Fred or Santana.
Speaker 1: They're doing it. Do a great job.
Speaker 2: It's the same discount for everybody, the voter you want to vote for. But yeah, the environment's electric. It's a special opportunity. FedEx Field has been remodeled. Event your Northwest Field.
Speaker 1: Sorry house.
Speaker 2: But yeah, let's make sure you guys get out there and check it out and if and if not for the fact that you can see Fred in his element, I have never seen a man more excited and just knows. It feels like, you know, every person at the Southwest Northwest, Southwest, northwest Northwest.
Speaker 1: The Fed House, I do, I personally do.
Speaker 2: It's it's like just some random Hey, Brad, what's up. And it's like the dude didn't see five hundred or whatever?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you know what, I've always being there, dude, feet on the ground, speak to everybody, talk to everybody.
Speaker 1: It once to become repentitive. You do know everybody.
Speaker 3: It's it's incredible, yes, Jason.
Speaker 4: Dynamism, dynamism, dynamism, dynamism, dynamism, so right or not?
Speaker 1: The quality of being.
Speaker 5: Characterized by vigorous activity and progress.
Speaker 3: Look at that, Look at that, Look at that U c l A.
Speaker 1: They see to be proud of education. They ain't proud of sports right now? Great gold right there, you see that. Good job. I'm talking lacking.
Speaker 2: I'm on a group chat with all my college buddies and every week it's just like, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Depressed, right, It is about U c l A. Uniforms on point y'all.
Speaker 4: Some of the best college unit points, always on point. Love to see y'all brighten up a stadium, But I watched out against L s U.
Speaker 1: It was a.
Speaker 3: Mask, aren't you guys? Terrible this year too?
Speaker 1: Yes, so misery, misery. I'm over a quiet I mean because I have to say nothing. He was quiet, smashin them quiet when we smash here. So hey, leave me out of that guy.
Speaker 2: That quarterback man especially special, specially man especial. We have a special quarterback and he played special against the Cleveland Browns. So let's do a little bit of review of the Cleveland game, and let's start on the offensive side of the football.
Speaker 4: But we also got the first question we got to ask, is it Jaden sanity?
Speaker 1: Is it Jaden mania? Which one sounds better?
Speaker 4: Fans, please help us out with Fred Jayden sanity sounds weird, It's it's something it's awful about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that's just totally subjective how you pronounced it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just totally subjective. So Jayden's sanity jaden mania, leave a comment, start calling it that on the show.
Speaker 1: When we do our previous with you, we will have shirts Jason.
Speaker 3: Jason's shirts with hate on the back.
Speaker 2: So yeah, let's start with the offense. Obviously, they came out a little bit of a sluggish start. What did you see from the offense? What did you see from Jaden?
Speaker 1: High? High level thoughts, well, high leveled off. For me is I was kind of pleased to see us have those kind of I wanted to see those little wolves, those little you know, I guess you're gonna call it. You know how you you wake up in the middle of night and you're trying to go to the bathroom the darg and you stump your foot on the side of I wanted to see that. I wanted to see how we respond when things isn't going as smooth. That's such a funny visual to me because I can't imagine it happens all the time, and I know my way around the room, but it seemed like, boy, every time you either gonna stump your dog on the big toe.
Speaker 4: I just laid in the hallways the float big for my keet help me an.
Speaker 1: I don't think I have a lay down, but I know whoever around whoever room next door, they heard me mothers cussing somebody out three in the morning. The damn dog, you mother, Oh yeah, sorry, no, man, but no, I just feel that I was please. You know, I'm walking around on that particular weekend. You know, we had the legend of game thing, so I had I had a cho It was great, it was great. I really appreciate it, you know, thanks to the organization for you know, taking care of you boy that weekend. But walking around to different suites talking to you know, fans and everything, and I'm watching the game but not really paying attention to it, but I'm just hearing the the oh, so I'm kind of feeling off the crowd to know what's going on, like that didn't sound well, and I peeked down. I'm like, well, damn, it was three and out that quick. Then we get the ball back in this interception. I'm like, well damn. But I appreciated it a little bit because when I finally got to you know, the I guess you can call the alumni suite and got a chance to sit down, that's when the game kind of got interesting. That's when you started seeing them pick up. And that's why I'm saying. I'm like, when you can see a young guy be able to you know, respond as a quarterback, as the leader of the offense after having some bad plays. Man, you have nothing, but you know, I think you can always We can all sit here and really feel the way we feel because we understand that that's a tough position and it's easy to get in your head about yourself and how you're performing if things don't go well out you know, out the gate. Listen.
Speaker 4: I've been watching us on this freeway doing one hundred mile power. I want to see us on the dirt road, all right, and that first half was on that dirt road, had some up, some down, Things didn't go the way we want. I want to see that. That tells me what you really are as a football player. Anybody can fly high, that's easy to do, but when you go through them peaks and valleys, I want to see him trouble shoot. I want to see our quarterback troubleshoot. I want to see our offensive coordinator troubleshoot. And I knew this was gonna be a game because I knew that Brown's defense. I ain't talking about the Browns offense. I knew that Browns defense was gonna be able to play. They was gonna be able to keep them in the game. But to see that that goes full around for me. That lets me know, no matter what the situation is, this kid gonna find a way. This kid gonna find a way. And I think you grow by troubleshooting than you do from success. So I felt like our offense grew for them to go out there. Myles Garrett is one of the most talented monsters you'll ever see in this league. For him to lead that game with as many stats as US three, that tells you what that offensive line had a plan to do, and they executed that plan. They said this defense can't be ran on. We ran on that defense. They say, this defense got two legit cornerbacks. We threw on that defense. I saw Jad make plays when the play broke down. That big throw the Tearryff showed me a couple of things. Showed me grow from week one to week five because he would have took off running week one, Week five, he breaking the.
Speaker 1: Pocket to throw the ball.
Speaker 4: Two, it taught me the receiver was a learning Now with this running quarterback, I have the chance to run not one route, get open, two routes, three routes.
Speaker 1: All right, so damn learning him.
Speaker 4: So it showed me a lot I took a lot from this Brown game, even though Deshaun Wasson retired three years and then ten no bet uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Watching the watching the first couple of drives back last night, I thought the Browns had a really good plan for Jaden.
Speaker 1: They were basically like, we're in the first season. Yeah, we're gonna do a gap exchange.
Speaker 2: We're gonna bring up so gap exchange basically is like, if the back is offset to the quarterbacks right, the defensive ends going to crash down to the A gap and the backsideline backer's going to scrape over the top.
Speaker 3: So we've exchanged our gaps.
Speaker 2: And the reason you do that so if I pull it, there's a guy, there's a guy right there, and you give him a false read and you're basically taking away this owner read, which has been a.
Speaker 1: Big part of our run game.
Speaker 2: So obviously early on that was something challenging and it's something that I think this owner read was not great for the team throughout the game, and you saw kind of what this team looks like when they're not in a positive down in distance right when the and again, I think the other thing that I appreciate about with Cleveland is they were like, you guys have done a lot of quick game, a lot of screens. We're going to play basically it's two shells, but those safetyes are at eight yards.
Speaker 1: Are gonna play a really flat content.
Speaker 2: We're going to play press man and we're going to be like, you got to throw the ball down the field versus a blitz. And I think I appreciate the fact that to your point, like that second drive where jayde escapes the pocket puts the ball down the field, that's what he's doing. He's escaping the pressure. But early on, I thought this is going to be tough for this teat and so for them to kind of shift gears, kind of change their perspective, And I do feel like Jayden was unsettled for the majority of the first quarter. I think when you see that backed up sequence where they he misses zach Ertz he throws the ball out of bounce to Terry, he wasn't quite there yet. But I do think when they got into that excuse me, that two minute situation they got in that after the Austin Eckler long run, they got in that kind of short field, he started to wake up a little bit. Even the second drive after the interception where b Rob scored the touchdown on the wamblock. He made some really really throws in that game, and to both of you guys' point, it was a little bit bumpy. Maybe not a dirt road, but maybe like a poorly paved road.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. And the reason I say that is because.
Speaker 2: If that Cleveland offense had had any juice, those three and outs become way more impactful, and we cannot stick.
Speaker 1: With our game flow.
Speaker 2: We can't run the ball we won on one, we can't run play action, we can't run our keepers. All that stuff becomes less less effective because the game flow is flipped. So I think it's it's a little bit bumpy, but it's definitely not a dirt road. And I think is when we talk about Baltimore in a minute, it'll be that dirt road. But I do think he had he found different ways to win. We found explosive plays. I think the efficiency for him passing wise was way down, but you saw explosive plays, explosive passes, two huge touchdowns, two explosive scrambles. And what's the stat about explosive plays and an offense? They lead to points. And so it wasn't you know, eighty percent passing efficiency.
Speaker 1: It was explosive shotts.
Speaker 4: But to your point, right there, even though it was by five, not perfect, we still almost put up forty points. Yeah, so in a situation where things are not clicking, this is the normal.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying, though, it's just it's different than what we've seen, which is something that we talked about last week. It's that passing percentage. It has to come down. Yeah, it's historically high. It'll come down. But it's nice to see that I can find shots down the field.
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 2: I can run versus zero, I can run versus man looks. I can be decisive in two minute situations and deliver touchdowns.
Speaker 1: That's the thing that But to your point too, I think you're only allowed to kind of have that reset. I think you know you can say, for what Jay and had to go through from those two first series, it's because you're playing complimentary football. Defense went out there in Hamlets gave you, gave you a chance to go out there and really say, Okay, let me rewrite whatever I did the first those first two series. Let me write my wrongs right now. The defensive gave me chance to go out here and do so. So that's that's a great thing too, because we haven't seen that in the past. We see on one side do their job. On the other side, don't come out and do nothing. You lay and then before you know it, the game is out of hand because now the defense played it behind off for a whole half. Offense hadn't caught up yet, or vice versas offense doing that thing. Defense can't stop anyone. Before you know it, that team stuck around and then now you letting them win the game. So to play the way we've been seeing these guys play. We can sit here and praise the offense for being what they have shown us the last five weeks, but the only way they can do what they do is the defense out there doing what they've been doing for the last five weeks two and that's playing. I want to get coaches some love special team to the special teams is flying around and then it ain't just one person. Man, every time I look up, somebody peeling somebody's cap on the kickoff team, on the punt team, and it's a different person at free time.
Speaker 4: Man, get some love of their special teams. People don't like to talk and give them love.
Speaker 1: I got give but we're talking about the culture and that's part of the coach. I mean, you look from every aspect of what we're doing out there on that field. The team has the same mentatity. Every player is playing with the same kind of aggression, the same tenacity. It don't stop from a receiver to the running back to the quarterback, like that pass that he threw to Dayami watched the sideline watch wash Cliff come on that field and talking that like everybody has. They have the personality of the guys that's out there and that's what you want me, that's what you want to see. Swag bag.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And you mentioned the special teams like you get Nick Bloor, you get Colson, Yankov, Bryce and Tremaine Jeremy.
Speaker 1: Like they're taking they're taking times, they're playing, they're taking.
Speaker 2: Turns, and they're playing so hard, like when you're on the sideline. When I'm on the sideline watching the game, it's it's physical, man, It's a physical mindset play. You can see the defense playing with the same approach. You mentioned the receivers. You know, on b Rob's touchdown, the way Luke McCaffrey blocks that corner. It's got to be four seconds, Like so b Rob breaks the tackle, right, he's kind of standing there, his guy's on his leg. Usually that corner comes up and closes in and it's a four yard game or whatever. But what makes it special is the effort is the effort of Luke to just kind of hang in there.
Speaker 1: Fight fight, fight, fight fight.
Speaker 2: Then there's Terry running down the field on Austin Eckler's run blocking Miles Garrett. Yeah, you know that was crazy watching him run down the field like a huge deer, Like.
Speaker 1: Listen, he's a monster, speaking of a guy who's coming to save the day. That run that I'm not sure if it was the screen or to run it was. It was a big run, big run. Is the key is done him. He doesn't get that fumbled. What they do, that's what they're doing. So it's just like it was forty fifty yards down the field, there's a key. He came from the other side of the field.
Speaker 2: So and to talk about something special like I remember watching you probably remember Sanda like watching film with Kyle in twenty twelve. He was like the reason that this team is special because everyone is playing to the whistle, and so he'd show a clip of Pierre or like busting hump. He's the backside receiver, he's blocking the post safety. You know, d Y just cutting the fo you know, like everyone was playing for each other at a high level. And the thing that gets me so juice and Tann has talked about this already a ton is Obviously the offenses are different, the defenses are different from twenty twelve to two thousand and twenty four. But the energy that I'm getting from this team feels very, very.
Speaker 1: Very similar, and the confidence is very very similar.
Speaker 2: And so you talked about it wasn't clean, but the ability to be like, I'm confident enough to handle this adversity, yeah, and getting here to make plays.
Speaker 1: I think it's also really cool. And no, I you know, I've said is that nauseum at times throughout my career when I was asked, you know what was it about, you know, being a receiver and London, all the talk about Tan why you want a diva? Because I guess because I learned how to play football on both sides. I tell you I played defense a whole time growing up, and I play offense. But when I got to the offensive side, even though I'm a receiver and not only can function or be the guy who I want to be at receivers getting the ball, you still have to play football. It's still a job. It's still a task. Look, Wayne Krebbet told me something when I was a jet about blocking, and I have been blocking all my life, but he said, bro, it feels so good when you're the key block to the runners backs touchdown. It almost felt like your quarter, that quarter touchdown pass. I remember playing Seattle five years or later, and I had been blocking my behind off since since, you know, since my early years of playing ball. But I remember having nothing, no effect on the game, you know, receiver wise, I wasn't catching no passes. I wasn't getting no passes thrown. It was jewelry out there. Royce Hulou ran the ball we needed to score to go up, and I went in there and I ain't have to crack nobody. I just went in there and put my body in a way and make sure that I gave him the path to run off of my behind. And he scored that touchdown. And the first thing Karle said was, how does that feel? And I say, like, I just like we just had it won a super Bowl because it was my block. So that's what I'm getting from these guys. I'm seeing these guys all bez Man. They flying around trying to make a difference in every play. You know, we're talking about winning your down and winning it down. Oh you know what, you my guy, I ain't getting the ball. I'mna make sure that you're not in the plate. You're not going to be on the tackle. So that's what I'm living about it because I think that alone right there is allowing you to have the success that this team is happening. And I my brother's keep Yeah. And you just reminded me of something.
Speaker 2: You remember your touchdown in twenty twelve against the Giants where you cut that tunnel screen and score.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and use my block.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we ran that play probably five times in that game. And so my job on the backside tight end, I got to run a block the far safety. You gotta run a block them every single time. So we run it probably five times. So the whole game you're busting hump over there, and it's tackle for five six our game. And so the one time you do it yeah, it's like it matters the most. And I think that's the thing. Is like, obviously we're pointing out these moments where there were tremendous plays happening. But if you watch even the most boring, mundane plays in this offense, now with the with the commanders, you see guys doing giving that extra effort, going that extra mile, and that's where you get. You make the consistency of the offense more acute, which is really special. So obviously there was a lot going on here, and let's talk about the complementary football thing because I think that, to me is maybe the biggest point of this game. It started off slow, defense came out with the hair on fire. Cleveland's offense is I don't know how to say this, maybe maybe the worst offense I've seen in the NFL.
Speaker 4: No, it is the worst. Ain't no, Maybe maybe I'll be king to mom. I'm telling you is the worst.
Speaker 1: DESHAULN.
Speaker 4: Watson I was a fan as when he was young. I have never seen a player they played with so much unhappiness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it's not physical with him, I mean a magic going. I mean, let's just be honest. Look, I'm a fan too, I'm gonna sit here and be the first to tell you the magic gone.
Speaker 2: I mean whatever it was played with them in Houston, player with the Houston he was the best player I ever played with. And you get in the huddle like this guy is, You're gonna make some happen. He's gonna make something happen. We believe that he was a great leader. Obviously there's the off field stuff, but he was. There's a reason he was the third best quarterback in the NFL in two thousand. He was amazing.
Speaker 1: And I just don't see any of that players in there no more. Yeah, you know, his soul is missing. It's not I don't know what it is. I just feel like, you know, as players, you know, we superstitious. It's all I know. And you know how we play games. We say, you know, we had that little game Bouret and something happened in the game and he's like, oh the boot guard football guard shining on him differently. Now, I mean, I don't know what what made it happen this way. Maybe it's something of that stuff that he went through legally, you know, off the field. But the football guard just ain't in his favor no more. And I think you see it so much to the point where even the simplest throws he's not making them. I mean, he got outside the pocket and the guy was right there and he knew it five yards behind him. And I'm like, what, tanna.
Speaker 4: I had never seen so many balls overthrowing it by life, overthrown under every.
Speaker 1: Time I look up, the ball bouncing off the ground like this was like, it's to the point now I feel like the I like the Brown staff is just like, we gotta play because we we we he he can't. The King's Ransom got play fairly.
Speaker 2: Ownership was like, you have to play them. That's the rumor right now. And I'm not reporting anything. That's the rumor around the street.
Speaker 1: You can look into you because they don't because they're not happy. I'm watching the coach. I'm like, man, they want this dude out of there right now.
Speaker 2: And that on the sideline, I'm talking some of the worst body language you've ever seen from him, from the old line, from every receivers. And so that being said, defense came out did its thing. I thought back the secondary played well, Saint juiced. I mean, he's getting better each week, just confident quandnfidence want fly into the ball, flying to the ball.
Speaker 3: A lot of fun to watch, Sat shocking me playing some.
Speaker 1: Good ball man.
Speaker 2: Well he might be. Arguably he might be. I best go on him and then Sanders Shill. I thought this was his best game as a commander. Apple tackles a couple of pbu's great job there, I mean the middle of this defense.
Speaker 1: So frank you, Bobby Wagner manas many and double we need a due. Yeah, that dude, what.
Speaker 4: We gotta start doing in the fan in the stage. I used to live when y'all see it, my next food, all this one. So now we got to switching to.
Speaker 1: It might sound it might sound too much like Luke, because Luke got his own thing. Now they say I started less. I say, Luke Manye how many five weeks he got? I say, ship Man. That is amazing man. Yeah that was really cool.
Speaker 2: But I mean, frank you, Louvu the physicality on the blitzes. I thought the run fits were much better. Again Cleveland didn't do So what's what is?
Speaker 1: What is?
Speaker 2: This team had our time with him, had our time with counterpower, trap anytime up of pullers. They didn't pull anybody until like midway through the third quarter. It was a twenty five yard game, so I don't know what they're doing on that side of the football. Butt you got to take the test that's given, and they did a great job. Run fits were much better. Tight run fits physical John Deran.
Speaker 4: The defensive line was very disruptive. YEA, Like sometimes that's saying what you need. I need you to get people off of a spot. I need you to get running back clothes dirty, and I need you to punch tight ends in the face. Yeah, and this is what they need. I think they did there for four quarter. This is probably the best group session I've seen from the defensive line, Like all of them was getting at there.
Speaker 2: And I thought you'd appreciate this, Fred, Like they were running a lot of Tampa tuo and these third long situations, and I thought the corners did a great job of getting we round, getting depth in their Tampa two so that you can't throw the corner.
Speaker 1: I've come back down too. Yeah, we're going to rally and tackle.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: Did a great job with that.
Speaker 2: The blitz packages by Joe Wood Junior were awesome, like the cross dogs internally with Frankie and Bobby were great, so lots of really positive things, and it allowed the offense to kind of find its geared to just kind.
Speaker 1: Of but that's what good teams do.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take it this quarter, you take it the next, all right, Like that's what teams do.
Speaker 1: They got each other back. Everything we've been in.
Speaker 4: The Cinderella world for because the stuff we've been doing is so record breaking, so we know honestly can't stay that high.
Speaker 1: But our new norm is somewhere in between. And that's what we need to understand.
Speaker 4: Like with a quarterback like this, the new norm is anytime it's four quarters of football being played, we got a chance.
Speaker 1: Today. Coach said that he has a slogan and I don't know I'm gonna correct it, but like he said, anybody anytime, anywhere, however he put in place any place like that's how you watch it, that's how they play, you know what I mean. Like and then you know, just talking about the new norm is, you know, we come out the second half and we fumbled the ball. Terry gets hit the ball, and the defense back out there say, now we're gonna be got you back. You know what I'm saying, got you back? That's that's the new norm. You these guys have each other's back. That's the brotherhood that we and these guys play with.
Speaker 2: I mean, even after the interception, they get a three and out, they punt. It's a short field. They drive offense, drive down, score touchdown. And you don't get that if they don't get a three and out. Let's say they get two first downs, they're on the thirty yard line, they punt. I means you're getting that ball back on your twenty. And that's how it's hard to score that way. And said you get the ball in the fifty, go score touchdown. Yeah, And so that's get's complimentary football. That's something I'm really excited about. And just to give it some contact. So the last two games, Washington has more than doubled the opponent's total yards, more than doubled seven seven and thirty two yards the three sixty three.
Speaker 3: That's absolutely insane.
Speaker 2: And we just talked about how bad Cleveland, but still that's an NFL football team, it is. So that's something else that I just is these last two games have been crazy from a complimentary football standpoint. Now, the thing that I want to kind of we're going to kind of bleed in here to Baltimore. All right, this is going to be maybe the biggest challenge of the entire year. When you look at the schedule, this is the best team they play. Yes, sure, right this Baltimore.
Speaker 1: No, even like look at the rest of the well, Tampa was was a pretty tough out.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying after this, we've got like New Orleans, You've got the Panthers, We've got the Giants, We've got Philly, we've got the Bears. This is this is a super Bowl team. Yah, Baltimore, right, and this it's gonna be much harder to keep the game flow that we've had the last couple of weeks, I don't think.
Speaker 1: So, Okay, let's talk about it. This is why I say we're talking to a team about a team now.
Speaker 4: And one thing we can say about Baltimore is they identity for a long time has been we're gonna hit you in the mouth on the offense, and then defense, we're gonna shut you down.
Speaker 1: They have not been that shit down defense all right.
Speaker 4: Passing they ranked thirty first, now they ranked high and stop of the run because people are not they don't need to run against them.
Speaker 1: They're throwing the ball against them.
Speaker 4: So this is not your daddy's Ravens defense right here. They're having problems. They're playing bad in the back end right now. They have no pass rush. And if you have no pass rush against a guy like Jaydon Daniels, he eventually might not be the first quarter, but eventually he's gonna score points at the end of the day. This is a New World Order situation. This ain't your grandmama's Washington. Commanders were coming in here, we coming to Baltimore. Matter of fact, tell the people in Baltimore, Oh my coming to town. We coming Oh ma, oh my, you don't know Omar from Newaiian.
Speaker 1: Oh I got you, O my coming to town.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about that? Sometimes when I feel like he's cutting like a wrestling promo, it.
Speaker 1: Did sound like that. I was. I was almost getting geeked. Oh it's your mama's Washington.
Speaker 4: I feel when somebody in Baltimore run down the screen and say, hey, oh my coming.
Speaker 1: You don't know what that new to me? Now I feel free. I think for so many years Baltimore has bully bully folks, you know what I mean. They've been the bullies of the NFL. They found the way to punch in the mount on the defensive side of the ball. They got after you. They were so aggressive. They played with the same kind of you know, our hair on fire type of attitude that our defense is playing with right now. And then offensively, they have that secret weapon that we have right now that you can't really you can't really dictate nothing with him because you have a Lamar Jackson that can he can pull it and do what he can do. And when twent he's throwing the ball, if it ain't clear to him, he always found a way to be you know, magical, you know, found a way to do something with his feet. I think we have that going for us. I think what what makes this an interesting game for us? One, Yes, Baltimore might be the best team that we're probably gonna be facing, you know, in this early twenty twenty fourth season. I think Tampa can give him a run for the money. Me with that, me too, But so far from the last few weeks, Baltimore stands out. But I feel like we have the right kind of team to stop through what they do best. They're gonna run the ball with King Henry. We got two guys on our second level of defense that don't care. Don't bring him over here. We chop down trees. Let'll show you how we do that. Then they have a guy that's electrifying that quarterback. Guess what, don't come out here with that, but we're gonna hit you. We're gonna hitch in your mouth from our cornerbacks, my safeties and our guys are run. And then it's to me where their handicap at, which is I'm not saying handicap the receiver position. That's where it's. That's where they doesn't really you know, benefit them, because don't get me wrong, you know, we don't have I can't say the best secondary in the world. But what I've seen from my secondary, they took what happened to them earlier this year and say, guess what, We're gonna build off of that, and we're gonna learn how to play together because we play more together now, we can be as one and we can stop guys. Individual guys like guys like the Jamar Chases and guys like the t Higgins of the world. They don't have one of them. They have capable guys. They have a little they have a little likely, and that's what to me, I think more than anything likely would be the I want to see how we match up with him. Do we bring a safety down, do we want to put a corner in and stick him? Because I think he's going to be the guy that if they get him going, that's what we're going to kind of shift and make.
Speaker 4: Us at this team and take take the take the bird off to him. We got a great quarterback, they got a great quarterback. They got a great running back. That's way it stops, right. They got two great tight ends. They're not utilizing one of them to great. The offensive line is not what they used to be. They're not depending on the pass game like they usually do because King Henry is running the ball.
Speaker 1: They have a defense that's up and down.
Speaker 4: And Justin Tuck, the most perfect kicker in the world, is having a down year.
Speaker 2: So to give some guy, I think that's the great analysis by both you guys should give you some context of this. This rushing offense is the number one rushing offense in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Don't shocked, right, doesn't shock yet?
Speaker 2: They run the quarterback, They've got justice Justin Hill, really explos explosive, fast, scap back. They've got three hundred pound full back Patrick Ricard, They've got Derrick Henry, they've got a great blocking tight end and Charlie Kolar. They can get after you in the run game kind of however they want. You watch the Bills game, they were like, put your mouth piece in. We're gonna put the fullback in the game and you guys won't be able to stop us. You watch the Dallas game. We're gonna run a lot of zone read. We're gonna get to the perimeter, and then the change ups Derrick Henry. They've got a lot of ways to run the football. And I look at some of the things that this team has struggled with the Commanders, it's stopping the run, and you're gonna get multiple different schemes. You're gonna get GT, you're gonna get counter, you're gonna get power, you're gonna get outsidezone, you're gonnat inside zone. You're gonna get zone read, you're gonna get RPOs.
Speaker 1: It's all on the table.
Speaker 2: And I think it's just what it does is they're so predicated with the quarterback run scheme. It makes you really flat, gets you really horizontal, equal, it makes you really horizontal. Now, I will say to Tennis point, I think this is a great point by him. They don't have a lot of vertical speed on the outside, so you can feel comfortable playing flat with them. However, when you watch the Bills game for example, excuse me, they started using Z flowers to kind of create that vertical stretch and it started to open up Isaiah Likely it's you know, Bateman, these other receivers underneath, they are problematic. Now, I will say this also when you watch Lamar against Cincinnati, they're not very efficient down to down when they're not running the football, they don't they're not very efficient, so you.
Speaker 1: Can kind of win them.
Speaker 2: But then, like Tennis said, I think Lamar is probably the second best quarterback in the NFL right now.
Speaker 1: It's easily and nobody's.
Speaker 2: Going to second best quarterback in the NFL like he's straight balling, So you always have to negotiate that. So even though they're not the Baltimore Ravens of.
Speaker 1: They got a new way of winning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but their offense is their offense is I'm going to say the best offense they've played this year would terms of like it kind of being this team's kryptonite from.
Speaker 1: A defensive standpoint, could you agree me on this one?
Speaker 4: If we start out fast, they are not what I call a get back in the game team, because.
Speaker 1: Now you take the running game out.
Speaker 4: If we get to Baltimore and we jump out fast, like we're like we tend to do with teams, we race their game plan.
Speaker 1: Now that he got to pass the ball.
Speaker 4: So what I'm saying, if we start fast, I don't then they can't be Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think you even have to start fast. If we go punch for punch, they're gonna try to change it up then too, because if you're saying, okay, well damn, they score and we scored, we scored, they scored again. Now they're gonna say, okay, let's let's slow it down or let's let's do something different, because it seemed like they're going to toe for toe. Because all you need, you know, you know how these games are won when you have two teams that's similar or that's you know, not even similar far as how we play, but that can play. That's good enough to go out there and score with you. When you have a team that can do that. The other thing that decides these kind of outcomes is one turnovers and penalties. You see what I'm saying, which we've been clean on one of the things. One of the things that we've been good with is being efficient enough when it comes to taking care of the ball and not having so many miscues. So that's to me, it's gonna be where I think this game is won and loss that league. You're going into somebody's backyard. It's gonna be loud. They probably gonna have that black on. They're gonna proper had that purple pan with black. Don't take over that stadium. I got faith. I got faith.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go up that Bellway and it's gonna be burning in go all over there.
Speaker 1: I'm listen. I'm ready to see it.
Speaker 4: Because what the fan base probably ain't failed like we had a legit chance to go up there and showed them what we got.
Speaker 1: In years we on fire.
Speaker 4: You look at Arizona went took over the stadium, Tampa went took over the stadium. So I wouldn't DoPT the fans that we don't take over Baltimore.
Speaker 2: The other thing, I so you mentioned game flow and they were down by ten to the Cincinnati Bengals last week.
Speaker 1: And they came back in one again. Lamar was kind of sleeping. That's a divisional gay. I don't like to the division.
Speaker 2: So this is where I get concerned, is what if they come out and we're having a hard time stopping the run and there defensively, now, I know they're not what they've been, but Kylevin Oil leads the team in sacks and thing he's got like six sacks this year is able to create pressure. Da fey Alway great pass rusher for Penn State. What's his name is? Because a lot of pressures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of pressure, but he can and I don't even know how to say.
Speaker 3: They're who's their guy? They just paid in and bok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's doing a great job in terms of running, stopping the run, being physical. Travis Jones, the guy from Yukon a couple years ago, physical inside, They.
Speaker 1: Have pieces up front.
Speaker 2: What if we have a hard time stopping the run their defense, because they do bring a lot of these kind of weird zone pressures that are really hard to diagnose. James flummixed the game. Flow starts like it did versus Cleveland, but instead of getting three and outs on consecutive drives, it's fourteen to zero. What does that do to us offensively? Because we've all think about it every game this year. We've been in a very favorable game. We've been able to run the football, we've been able to do exactly what we want to do.
Speaker 1: So that's my question is what is this?
Speaker 2: Because you mentioned we talked about they run like a little bit of a bumpy road, right, unpaved road against Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this could become a.
Speaker 2: Third road, gravel, sand pit road here versus this team because of how talented.
Speaker 1: That well one, I ain't gonna say that that that that's the first thing I'm gonna say. I'm not gonna put it out in the air. I feel what you're saying asking the question question is like what if? What? How do they respond? You know, well, I think you, I mean, you have you have the key. I mean, I think the kids went with Jaden. I think one of the things that have stood out to me thus far as he finds a way, you know what I'm saying. He finds a way to get us going even when things are bumpy, even when things are great. And that's what I love about him. Like if it ain't there when he drops back. Guess what, man, I know how to play this game. It's about moving the change. I'm gonna get us close enough to where we can take advantage of this. Like one of the things I think we're gonna have going for us, which they do well, which they have been known for doing well, that's stopping the run. I think we got. We got a three headed monster. Man. The way they're using our run game, it's not you know, for so many years was the run game was predicated on how you put stuff that ball and that running back billy and let him go out there and get his yars. It's not that no more. We can do it many different ways. We can put them in screens to do it every way, they can do it. Every way they can do it. So I feel like that's what we have going for us this year when things are not going well. If things get to the point where they're not going well, we have enough playmakers on this team that we can say, hey, Jaden, you don't have to do nothing special. Take what you take what you see, take what they give you, and we'll be all right. But give these guys the ball and let them do work. And I've been bro I've been sitting back in awe watching Echolo. The way he runs the ball at the opportunities he's getting it almost reminds me. And I don't want to just say this because it's me, but remember in twenty twelve when my position changed and I was more of a third down guy, every time I got that ball thrown to me, I made I made it count. And that's what I'm seeing from Ekler. Every time he gets a change. He might not be the starter, but when he gets the opportunity to touch that run, he makes it count. So that's what we have going for. We have guys out there that's want to lay it on the line when that number is called, and I think, you know, if and when it gets great, we have the answer for it. You know.
Speaker 2: I think we talked about the culture a lot against the Cleveland Browns and how that's been cool to see and this is going to be I think a really coach and hick. Yeah, I think so this is this is a super team. You need this type of game. I love it and I think, you know, I was thinking Cincinnati was kind of the same thing. And they met, they met that they met the challenge. Yeah, going toe to toe with Joe Burrow put up a lot of points and there was a lot of adversity in that game. This is going to be a different type of adversity, I guess, is what I'm saying. The other thing I want to ask you, Fred, because you're a defensive guy, is they face a very similar rushing attack to ours with the quarterback run stuff. Do you think that gives them an edge with some of our quarterback design runs.
Speaker 1: Give both of us as seeing the same thing. Get practice. They see a runner, we see a runner, I'll run.
Speaker 4: It just happened to be to meet a tad bit more of a touch passes being it.
Speaker 2: But it is crazy because like I wasn't I don't want to like because Lamar's a beast, But watching the last couple of games, I think Jaden's a little bit more efficient through.
Speaker 4: Let's just say this, Jaden entered the league a better passer than Lamar was when he entered the league.
Speaker 1: Let's just say that, all right.
Speaker 4: So at the end of the day, I think both both defenses are gonna say we practice against this, but we still don't know how they finish attacks, Like, are we gonna get a gigantic dose of King Henry. So they if I'm Baltimore and I see what we're doing, the first thing I'm gonna say is, all right, Henry, we got to keep this ball off the field. We got we gotta keep this Jadon Daniels off the field. We figure you about thirty times, because then the game is ugly, it's marked up. I would guess what what if we thinking the same thing, b Rob, We need to keep Lamar Jackson off the field. So this game, for everything, everybody think it could be fireworks.
Speaker 1: This could easily be a ten to seven game. I think I think Lamar's a phenomenal talent period. You know, I've always thought highly up and I watched him in Louisville I'm talking about I thought he was a better throw then they gave him, you know, you know, yeah, you know, I'm just saying. I'm just saying far as you know they didn't give him that, saying that he can do both. But I've always looked at him as man, This man can do whatever they ask him to do. You know, he has a phenomenal It might not be as accurate as we saw, and some guys especially like a guy guy like Jayden. I think that's what Jayden has more going for it self, more than anything, but his talent where he can go with his game alone. It is always going to put you in that situation where you have to be mindful of that. You have to be mindful that, hey, man, this man if he want to say today, I'm going to tuck this ball and go out there and be that and be that playmaker of oh, which I'm sure they don't want to, you know, you know, they don't want to have their game run through his legs. He can do it, though, But with all that being said, I want to see us be able to say, Okay, King Hearing is gonna have to beat us, because if he don't, now they're gonna have to drop back and through the ball. And then that's what it's going to come. Not to say that Lamar canthrow, because he can. But if you, if you, if you're playing the kind of defense that we've been playing, disrupt the butt front sticky enough on a sticky enough on the outside. Now the precision part up is going to have to come in and play. Can't he be accurate enough to get that ball from out of my hand, but he got me at the time and tires. What I'm saying again, you know what I'm saying. So I think that's what's going to probably gonna be the thing that I'm looking for the most. Can we put them in one of them kind of games where hey be the thrower that you say you are. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think that's a that's a really really good point in because you look at the games h Dallas the Bills, they basically ran buck shot. They did whatever they wanted. It's you know, Zoone Reid or running GT with the quarterback. Ke Henry's got a sixty yard run. It was like whatever I mean. They rushed for over two undre yards. Yeah, Like Derek Henry had one hundred and ninety yards rushing against the Bills. They've they're number one in the league and rushing for a reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's because I think we're probably number two, right, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, but they're but they're they're their front they kind of use their rushing attack as their quick game passing attack.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so if you can stop that and get them in these bad mentions, is they it's not sharp enough from a passing game standpoint.
Speaker 1: I think that's your best shot. Yep. Is it gonna be hard? Yeah, because he's electric.
Speaker 4: But that's why I say, stuff the run. Just good enough, get an offense. If the offense get up, just get up, just by a lid bit. The panic mode kicks in because they gonna look at this team and say, this team puts up points. Washing it puts some points. So now you get into a panic mode and now you start.
Speaker 1: To throw the ball a tad bit more. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think the other thing that's this is just a fun little anecdote from me is one of the scariest things I've seen them do is when Patrick har Card is in the dot and Derrick Henry's behind them. Is so sick because they have a big, physical offensive line and Patrik er Card has got to be the most physical full back of the first.
Speaker 4: Of all, think about this, Think about this logan. I know you're a huge man. Think about a cornerback my size and you're running five hundred.
Speaker 1: And sixty pound at him.
Speaker 4: It's a lot three hundred pounds four back in a two hundred and fifty pound tail. There's five hundred pounds plus.
Speaker 1: You better be ready for that.
Speaker 3: And he puts his hat on people. It's it's gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he moves. We but you know, we played this game and we don't look at it like that. We don't look at all that way and stuff. R Fred, I've seen him make business decisions.
Speaker 4: Listen, but the only way I could be living today.
Speaker 1: But that's one of the reason why I didn't play the position no more because I knew, Look, but his body ain't gonna be taking too many of them kind of hits, you know what I mean. I can probably take them in and lay them more than I can audition. But nah, I mean, I just feel like, man, it's gonna be one of the matches and I feel, you know, to say the least. Man, I think our team is battle tested enough on the road this year thus far. Win the temper It wasn't it wasn't perfecty or perfect, but they went out there and still gave four game. They went in the Cincinnati on Monday night. I feel realized that was that was Monday night, and every blow they took, they sat up, They went out there and gave them some They ready for whatever Balton was going to. Know what you got, Jason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just the stats answer your question. The Ravens are number one in rushing offense. Commanders are number two. Ravens have a crazy six point one yards per carry average isn't seene, But we're tied with them for a twenty plus forty plus we're tied with that, and we have more rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so's it's even for the.
Speaker 4: First time, the damn Ravens got to look in the mirror and they see us, and we look just like them.
Speaker 1: We looked just like that. I know this is not on the topic we're talking about, but we talked about last week that b Rob hadn't had a home touch that and he did any Like I said, we're breaking all the noise. I want to get him.
Speaker 4: I want to get broke the norm about came in on Monday night. We broke the norm about b Rob not's going at home. We'll get what we ain't renting in Baltimore.
Speaker 1: How about we break that norm to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I haven't been this excited to watch a game here in a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah I have. I mean, this is going to be so much heavyweight mountain man. Wait to say that when you've been working here for long.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm saying that there's something different about it.
Speaker 2: Different, so different like with the quarterback, with the head coach, do ownership, and like you're saying, like when was the last time, when was the last time we could look at we could look across the Beltway and be like to down. Okay, let's go down twill.
Speaker 1: Remember they came here and we went to to toe with them and didn't want it after they hurt Robert, you know what I mean. So that's that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It feels special, and it feels like this is it means something, it feels like and it feels like a really legitimate measuring stick as opposed to sometimes over the last couple of years where it's been like this is going.
Speaker 1: To be tough, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: This it seems like like to your point, there's a there's a pathway to get there, all right now?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah or hell no? This is a fan favorite.
Speaker 2: Everyone loves these, So that's a tough one for the first one. Let's go give the defense will four sacks again this week against the Ravens.
Speaker 1: They come in bunches. I'm gonna say hell yeah, because this is what I do. Hope. I told you what.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping that the office store is so fast that it turns the Ravens into a throwing team. And if they turn into a throwing team, I know one thing about Lamar. He loved to run around back there. These guys could chase him down for a couple of sacks and two.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, you know, I see it's getting back there getting him a couple of times. But I don't see four. So I had to say, hell, no, no, I'm gonna give a nerdy football answer. Here, give it to us.
Speaker 2: So you've said this before, Fred, Obviously there's times where he holds the football for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he does scramble like an absolute media.
Speaker 2: You know what is that makes people sugar rush and people don't get sacks when they sugar rush usually you.
Speaker 1: Know what sugar is sweet too? Well, we dig it a lot on Carrie, I mean, mar Yeah, so you can do it. I'm not saying you can't do it. I'm just saying that would be my one thing.
Speaker 2: And I think this next one to me, the second one is really going to inform my first one. Okay, So for example, this is the second one, Derrick Henry will stay under one hundred yards.
Speaker 1: Rushing ek State is hot, somebody gotta stop? Why not us? Why not us? Hell yeah? The King only heads ninety nine yards.
Speaker 2: He's playing like ninety nine point five.
Speaker 1: Yea, Like, yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He's so I went back and watched all their explosive runs. He is playing some of the best football I've seen him play. He is playing good ball.
Speaker 1: He been on a team and it ain't all by him.
Speaker 4: So yeah, like, yeah, you're gonna free up when you got a quarterback like this and nine teams like, okay, who we gotta stop?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like when you say who I got to stop for the Raves since since this is scripted, I gotta say, hell nah, they told free to say that.
Speaker 2: So so for me, if we can keep him under one hundred, I think the four sacks things we comes way more real because when you watch the Cincinnati game, Yeah, they did a great job of basically like you're not gonna run the ball. I've never seen more people in the box at the box and near a line of scrimmage. They're blitzing everybody. They're stunting every play It's like muddy muddy run and.
Speaker 4: That's what I would do it from the defensive coalite if I would win, I should have been saying, you know what, because, like.
Speaker 2: Tenna said, they don't really have like this. Zay Flower is a good player, but their playmakers are all the tight ends, Like the.
Speaker 1: Guys Andrews ain't even been making plays.
Speaker 3: It's like it's Charlie Kolar, who's there?
Speaker 2: Why Isaiah Likely and Mark Andrews and those three guys made exposed to plays last week In this team, it wasn't the receivers.
Speaker 1: We saw this last time. Though. We saw this going into the Cincinnati Mingos game. They had a slew of tight ends, but then jamar Ches caught on fire. So they don't have a Jama Ches. And I know they have capable guys out there, but they don't have them. That was one of them guys. Every time he make a big play he does he fumbled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something, it's something happens the So if we can keep them under one hundred, I think the four sacks thing is one hundred percent on the table, so he is likely, Yes, if we don't do one hundred yard thing. So if it's hell now like Tennisan say.
Speaker 4: You now, yes under conditions, So yes, under conditions.
Speaker 1: I need to say one of them to my family. This is conditionally money, hell conditionally conditionally.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, so fun fact, we have had thirty plus rushing attempts in every game this year. We had none last season. So the third hell yeah, hell now is will we have thirty plus rushing attempts this week against the Baltimore Ravens Hill to the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Simply five or six for Jade, seven to eight for Ekla.
Speaker 1: Nineteen twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, nineteen twenty Rob, they go thirty rushes Like I just feel like we'll get to thirty rushiers in no tax.
Speaker 1: What's crazy? B Rob only had seven attempts last week and we got to thirty. So yeah, Ja had eleven. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So you got McNichols comes in space, give him a couple of carries.
Speaker 2: Again, this is a this is a really nerdy I'm gonna do like a well actually think here. We have been able to get thirty rushing attempts a game because our third down efficiency has so good insane, So I would have say, hell, yeah, if we can maintain a good third down deficiency like this.
Speaker 4: This is stat that matter to me because if we go thirty plus rushes, we're not doing it just for offensive reasons.
Speaker 1: We're doing it for defensive reasons to keep.
Speaker 4: Lamar on that side. We get thirty plus rushes, we win this game.
Speaker 1: I think also too, you got to put into a context that most of our Russis has been where they've been because it's not because we have design runs from our quarterback. It's he knows when to take off. Yeah, get and get, you know, get positive yard. So that's something that they're seeing too. We can't turn our backs on these guys, so that's we have to play someone who knowing that this guy could take off, he's been keeping us into the game, keeping the flow of the game the way is being because they's turn their backs, they're running to save their life, and he's like, you know what, I'm going ahead, take what you give me, and I'm gonna start running beside you. That's what happened.
Speaker 2: I will also say I think it's interesting that they have maybe the one person in the NFL who can.
Speaker 4: Cal Hamilton spy him do a good job. I've been thinking about you with cal Ham since this week started, I said, and no, Logan gonna be like they go to equal lives to this game.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's right there. He's a special football player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a special He's great in the box, he's great in coverage, gets his hands on the football, creates turnovers and can track down quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: So are those scrambles as effective?
Speaker 4: But he got to think about it, calam to Ken, I can say, match him. But what happens when you get down there too low and our quarterback rises up and throw the ball not he missing him in the middle of the field.
Speaker 2: That's the one thing about spies, man, is it really hurt. I think it takes.
Speaker 1: It takes. It takes away from the rest of the life. We just talked about his accuracy. Yeah, come on, give me a spy and not get and give me a give me an inch to throw this ball in, give me a window to throw this ball in.
Speaker 4: If he want to be James Bond for the night, we gonna let him be James Bond and we're gonna go over your head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm gonna save hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, last one, this is maybe my favorite one. We've done in a long time.
Speaker 1: So what are loss?
Speaker 2: Will this put the league on notice about the Commanders? Is this going to be a competitive football game against a super Bowl to.
Speaker 4: The Yes, this is a colture clash.
Speaker 1: You've been had the coaching. We're gonna show you what the new coaching looked like. It's this is finna be a game of the John's, the Moles. You got the d C folks and the Maryland guys. You knows d C and all the time Joan John Mo, Hey, look at Mo. You know it's gonna be one of those games where you finished ce that these guys over here, you know, and this Burgundy and go gonna be able to come in that stadium and say you have a ride, five have a arrived. We we're happy to introduce to y'all j the future. And that's what I really, I really feel that this is how this game is going to have that kind of effect.
Speaker 2: And if cats being all serious and you're just like Jack in the box, Jade made it you couldn't handle like the serious.
Speaker 1: Modelogue, I was like, yeah, h.
Speaker 2: Oh man, thanks Brian anyway, so that's gonna do it for this show, was man, So please make sure you like to subscribe wherever you gets your content.
Speaker 1: And man, I am so juiced for this game. I'm gonna meet you and pay more. Okay's weekend? Can wait? I can't wait, We can't wait. That's it.
Speaker 2: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and our hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.