Speaker 1: Second date.
Speaker 2: Updating dating is a perfect time to try new things, whether that's recreation or amputation. Who or how about a vacation to another nation with a brief incarceration. As long as we're doing something that rhymes with ation that I'm up for it.
Speaker 1: Hey, I do that a lot.
Speaker 3: Don't give me any explanation.
Speaker 2: And it sounds like one of our listeners was up for it too. His name is Chad, So let's welcome to the show, Chad.
Speaker 3: I want him to be chat Nation.
Speaker 1: You know, Chad? What's up man? How you doing?
Speaker 4: Hey, how you guys doing.
Speaker 1: My last name is Salutation.
Speaker 2: Hey, dude, thanks for being on with us. Tell us about the girl that you met.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm at this scroll online. Her name's Pamela. I'm a huge cat person, and I saw our profile picture and like these two cats hooking each other to hairless cats? Which wait?
Speaker 5: Her dating profile is a picture of two hairless cats looking at each.
Speaker 4: Other, exactly the people.
Speaker 1: Some people just have the silhouette. They don't put any pictures up, so a couple of cats wouldn't be the worst thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah, I've always been, like I said, I'm a huge animal lover. But specifically cats.
Speaker 1: So you reached out to her and what happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we started talking hit it off real good. Of course, the counts were the first thing that we started talking about. And then like she asked me, She's like, you want to go out sometime? And I was like yeah, So it was nice thought a.
Speaker 3: Bold cat lady.
Speaker 1: Even then, exactly what did she ask you to do?
Speaker 4: Well? She asked if I wanted to go with her to go line dancing, and fine.
Speaker 1: It doesn't rhyme with Asian, but that's okay.
Speaker 3: Are you a big dancer? Is that? Is that a comfort zone for you?
Speaker 4: It is not a comfort zone And it definitely came out of left field for me.
Speaker 2: Well, good for you for putting yourself out there trying something a little bit different.
Speaker 1: How did it go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was good. I mean, you know, on our way there, I was I was feeling a little rundown. So on the way there, we stopped at a Starbucks. I grabbed myself my shaking oat milk espresso, which I'm addicted to nowadays.
Speaker 1: Alexis hot hot choice.
Speaker 6: The men.
Speaker 5: Wait, were you guys driving together to the day? Yeah, yeah, we see that's a good sign.
Speaker 1: Too, a lot of trust there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean everything, everything was great. God, I'm sorry, Oh, I was just going to ask.
Speaker 5: It's like the dancing part of it made you extra nervous for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and not only the dancing part once we got there. Like I mentioned, I'm a total beginner. And one thing I didn't know you guys might know this, but with line dancing, you're constantly switching partners all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's kind of rough for a date night if you're always dancing people date night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was very awkward and uh, you know, I'm I'm not really the jealous type, but like she was with a lot of dudes and dudes that knew their line dancing that looked like they lived on the line dancing floor and or the gym all the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, country guys, but I don't think you should be intimidated by that.
Speaker 5: Like she obviously is someone who goes to these places, like she's not looking for those guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, we don't know.
Speaker 2: Did you get the feeling that there was any one guy that she was particularly like ashy, like locking in on gyrating extra.
Speaker 1: Especially hard on its line dance. I don't know, how line dancing works.
Speaker 3: Catwoman with two hairless cats, I mean, okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm just asking.
Speaker 4: I mean, there was one guy that she seemed to go to that I actually kind of started like talking to quite a bit, and I was like trying to get a feel like, you know, he said he had met her before in the past, so I was just trying to get a feel like what her vibe was.
Speaker 1: You know, you swooped in on her, man, Well.
Speaker 4: I hope it's not her man. I mean, I was trying to read this situation and it was kind of tough. I mean, he seemed to know a lot about her, but could be a friend thing too as well. Like I mean, he didn't come out straight out and said they dated, and.
Speaker 5: If it was an ex, you wouldn't immediately go, oh, she's amazing. Yeah you should get to know where you know, like he was like talking her praises.
Speaker 1: You would have been friends for years and danced together for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll put a tiny miniature red flag by that one.
Speaker 1: But tell us about how the rest of the night went.
Speaker 4: Rest of the night went cool. I mean, you know, I did as good as I could on the line dance great at it.
Speaker 3: I bet she was impressed by that though, that you were trying.
Speaker 4: I hope. So, I mean it seemed like it was a great night, and uh, I had a nice hug and like a little mini kind of mini kiss, I guess you could say. But since then, nothing nothing, nothing like no text, no like you know, hey, fun night. Now. The thing that I'm also tripping out about is on top of the ghosting thing, is I signed up for this eight week long class for line dancing.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh god, so you really need the state to work out?
Speaker 4: My gosh. Yeah, it's like it wasn't cheap either. I think it was like seventy nine. It was like almost three hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Well we're fun to better get you another date with this woman. You're going to be out three hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: That's it. Did she know that?
Speaker 4: No? I haven't told her that yet. I felt that felt weird, like I was being desperate. So I haven't told her that part yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, well grab your partner, dosey docaus to the second.
Speaker 1: Part we got, really, oh there's no dose?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, at least some people in this room are excited to call for you and we'll come back, try and get you a second date update right after this second date update.
Speaker 5: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here.
Speaker 3: Part two.
Speaker 2: How about a date at a country line dance?
Speaker 1: Huh, yeah it.
Speaker 3: God, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love country I only haven't heard that in a while. That actually sounds like it could be kind of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should do like a whole morning show events together where we all go country line dancing as a group.
Speaker 5: What did you say it in front of Alexis that is so embarrassing to bring.
Speaker 3: Her to a dancing event.
Speaker 2: I used to live down the street from a country bar they do line dancing, and I was too scared to ever participate. Oh, this is great because I've been really trying to hang out with you guys more than sixty hours a week we.
Speaker 1: Already spend together. I knew that anyway.
Speaker 2: It's a great idea for a date except for the fact that your partner does dance with a lot of other people.
Speaker 3: It's fine unless you're like a weirdly jealous person. That's not a thing.
Speaker 1: It could cause some jealousy issues.
Speaker 2: In fact, Brooks sounded jealous when you described all the other hunky dancing cowboys there.
Speaker 5: Chest No, I sounded annoyed that anyone would be jealous at something.
Speaker 3: Like this, Like that's what you do, It's what everybody does.
Speaker 1: Why do you such a big smile on your face?
Speaker 3: Because I like wranglers?
Speaker 1: Okay, Chad, how you feeling?
Speaker 4: I'm hoping to get some explanation for what thing going on? For sure?
Speaker 1: Right, But you're not jealous in any way? Right.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I go as far to say jealous, but definitely a little uneasy, I guess maybe.
Speaker 5: But after your eight week line dancing course that you signed up for, you won't even bat an eye.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've goted at you another day so you can show off your moves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's not waste any more time here. We're gonna dial Pamela for you right now and see if we can make sure that the money that you spend on the dancing.
Speaker 1: Classes is actually here.
Speaker 7: We go, all right, all right, Hello, Hey, we're looking for Pamela speaking.
Speaker 1: Hey Pamela, you're How do I say this?
Speaker 3: It's the same way you say it every time?
Speaker 1: Yep, go with it. Do something.
Speaker 3: You don't change something that's not broken.
Speaker 1: Whenever it comes out, comes out.
Speaker 8: Can I help you?
Speaker 2: Ye, you're on the radio right now with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: What happens?
Speaker 1: It's not what I wanted to come out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he sounds like we're in a country station. Hi, Pamela, Hi, I'm on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we're a morning show and we do a segment here called the Second Date Update. It's where we help out some of our listeners who've been out on a date and they're wanting to see that person again but having a hard time arranging it.
Speaker 5: Hmm okay, she says, So we're calling you because you went out with somebody that listens to our show named Chad.
Speaker 1: Apparently you went dancing together.
Speaker 6: Oh right, yeah, that is right.
Speaker 5: Chad seems like a nice, fun guy, and he said that you're the one that asked him out first.
Speaker 6: Even Yeah, yeah, he is a very nice guy.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: Well, we're trying to help him because he's really confused after your date night. He was not sure why there hasn't been a second date because he's asked you a few times.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, that was.
Speaker 3: A big breath no.
Speaker 8: So it's because thee.
Speaker 6: On the way to the place, we stopped at a Starbucks and he got I like, like some kind of an oat milk.
Speaker 3: I think it's the shaken oat milk expresso you got.
Speaker 9: So I am very allergic to oats, oat milk, anything with oats.
Speaker 6: What my stomach like?
Speaker 4: Sick to my stomach?
Speaker 3: Did he make you drink it?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 8: No? No, no, no, but even.
Speaker 6: Just the smell makes me feel sick.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Wow with him?
Speaker 2: Did you say something like, hey, I'm allergic to oats?
Speaker 5: I bet he wouldn't have ordered that. There's so many other alternatives he could have done. If he doesn't do milk, you know, he could have done almonds.
Speaker 8: Yet, that's my bad. I didn't say anything.
Speaker 6: I just felt uncomfortable with that.
Speaker 4: And then oh, okay, so.
Speaker 3: Something else has dawned on you.
Speaker 1: What else happened?
Speaker 6: So a couple of days later, a girlfriend of mine that I normally go dancing with, she calls me. She goes, guess who was at Cowboy Palace?
Speaker 3: Cowboy, I.
Speaker 4: Was the guy you went out with.
Speaker 3: You don't say I didn't see it coming? Yeah, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: You inspired a new passion for him.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 9: That just felt a little because I don't I don't think he's ever been country western dancing before he and I went, and suddenly now he's going back there, like is he looking for me?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 6: What's he?
Speaker 8: I don't know. It just made me feel a little weirded out, and so I.
Speaker 2: Felt like, would that be so bad if he was there like hoping to see you again?
Speaker 1: That is that a horrible thing?
Speaker 5: Maybe he had drake oat milk earlier that day and.
Speaker 8: It's like one of my places.
Speaker 4: I'm a total regular there.
Speaker 6: I know everyone there.
Speaker 8: I know a lot of people there.
Speaker 4: And I went there and look, you know what up right now, that's very very one sentence I was heard.
Speaker 1: On their Chad, Pamela.
Speaker 2: I got to let you know that Chad has been on the other line secretly listening to this conversation and clearly wants to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Did you forget he's not supposed to just talk? I think he couldn't hear anymore.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what is happening right now?
Speaker 6: I don't even you called me.
Speaker 8: Suddenly I'm on the radio.
Speaker 6: And I'm talking about my personal life, and now the guy is there Actually.
Speaker 2: That's a great description, Pamela. You should do our promo for second date updates on our station.
Speaker 4: To us.
Speaker 1: But Chad, sorry, go ahead. You wanted to say something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, look the reason I interrupted is because I was there at Cowboy Palace buying dance lessons so I to get better for the next time.
Speaker 2: There's going to be his secret surprise for you that suddenly he can dance.
Speaker 8: I didn't even know that you even liked it that much.
Speaker 4: I just I don't think he did.
Speaker 3: Actually, no, I think he did. You wouldn't do lessons if you didn't like it.
Speaker 4: He wants to dance with her, Chad, Yeah, I mean I know how much you like it. I mean that's a big thing, you know, and and we had a great night. So if that's something you're gonna do and we're going to hang out more, I want to do it the right way.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: That is really cute.
Speaker 3: That's really cute, Gamela.
Speaker 8: I just want to clear something up. So country Western dancing, you do the line dances, you do the two stepping. I'm going to be dancing with other people too. I know a lot of people. There were all friends and we dance together.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, Okay, does that mean you're interested in But she's planning for the future. That's a good sign. It sounds like she can't avoid it.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like she's willing to see you again.
Speaker 8: I will let's do it.
Speaker 6: Just no more oat milky Okay, I.
Speaker 4: Like so I'm fine with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Chad got another date, and all you have to do is sacrifice your favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm so close to romantic freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been months since country oat milk Gate happened here and Chad and Pamela apparently are still together and are back now.
Speaker 1: To give us an update update on their lives. Welcome back, you two, heying, Oh my god, I bet you're so good at country dancing. Now are you still into that?
Speaker 8: Chad?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, big, big time hardcore now.
Speaker 3: Hard I'm.
Speaker 1: How is he? Pamela?
Speaker 8: You know, he's actually kind of a natural.
Speaker 1: Probably why it's so fun too, because if you pick up something quickly, it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good, great, fine, like nobody's business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I got so into it. I actually started competing way Oh yeah, I'm pretty excited.
Speaker 1: About it.
Speaker 4: I've been racking up some wins too. No way, yeah, I.
Speaker 9: Mean he's been doing it so much and he's been competing with some pretty attractive go so.
Speaker 1: Oh no, how it goes pros.
Speaker 3: Now you're the jealous one. Is that what we're hearing?
Speaker 9: I hate to say it, but yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: Tables have turned.
Speaker 9: Oh no, I know, I even like, you know, because I help him put together his outfits. I was starting to think, like, oh, I'm going to suggest some kind of icky shirts and.
Speaker 1: He's like, honey, I have a dancing carry under this weekend. I really need to.
Speaker 4: Me and reb Yeah, and you guys, I'm not interested at all. I mean, all I care about is winning. You know, I love her. I have no desire and that I just want to win.
Speaker 1: I love that, you guys.
Speaker 6: Oh but anyway, I should tell you.
Speaker 9: So, since I was getting a little jealous, I was like, well, why don't I just compete with him and we can be partners. And so that's what we're doing now.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, dancing team.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and check this out. We are trying to this is our big push. We're trying to win the World Championship in Orlando.
Speaker 1: Which is coming up in a few months.
Speaker 5: Competing at that level, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Really, you know, why not.
Speaker 6: We'll get a shot, all right.
Speaker 2: The World Championships in Orlando, sponsored by Oat Milk.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I gave I gave up the old milk. What a good guy. Well, good luck on the competition and with your relationship. Guys, thanks for reaching out. Oh thank you. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.