Speaker 1: I don't know Paige J'sorbo or the guy Craig that she dated or was engaged to maybe or maybe I made that up, or they were getting engaged.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They were this darling, cute little couple at the top of a wedding cake from the show's summer house that I only see through social media clips. But I guess she was dating someone. There was maybe overlap, not overlap, I don't care. They're young and beautiful and single and go with God. And now I guess he's on Ria. I could talk about Riyah forever, we could do, we could do such a deep dive on Rya. But now I guess he's single, as he should, and it seems like he's being a little more understated about discussing everything. And people are talking about her and who she's dating. So she's been trying to kill every bug in Manhattan and respond to it, which is how it's more clickbait and everyone's talking about it. But the part that jumps off the page about it to me is unfollowing each other on social media and unfollowing each other's friends, and like, remember it would be like Kylie and this one onfollowed Tristan, this one follows that one, this one un followed this one. Craig un follows Page, Craig on follows the two other people from the show talking about Page or aren't talking about him or taking sides, or Page unfollows this one. Like, I just think the celebrities unfollowing celebrities is ridiculous. Okay.
Speaker 2: One time.
Speaker 1: Jeff Lewis asked me on Andy Cohen's show, made a big deal about me unfollowing Kyle because one of the papers had made a big deal about me unfollowing Kyle. Now I believe I follow Kyle now on Instagram. Okay, I don't know if I do, and I don't know who else I follow, And this is gonna sound crazy. I don't live on Instagram a lot, like you guys know, if I'm on TikTok I follow you, or I would know, but I wouldn't know if you unfollowed me. It's not the same language on TikTok as, Instagram or other places, but on Instagram that's like a calling card that it shouldn't be. Why I don't look through enough. I don't remember the last time I saw a Kyle post and I don't look at people's stories and I don't know why, but Kyle and I are actually friendly. I'm gonna go to Aspen next week. I'm going to text her, so if I want to see Kyle and her daughters I could see them at the at the cheese shop and Aspen.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 1: It's called market or something meet market and Aspen. So like, people place too much value on this. And the reason I say this is that but literally, like my best friend Sarah is on Instagram, I never see her post. Somebody other friend, my friend Amy Callico, she's on Instagram, I never see her post. I think you have to like be on there enough scrolling through to see everybody's posts. And I think I follow a decent amount of people. It's completely arbitrary. I could follow some weirdo who talks about mushrooms and then like not follow my best friend because whoever I'm good friends with? Ah Tim Dillon just called We're close. I don't remember the last time I saw a post of his. So one post Who's talking about my relief work? Which maybe came up because you talking about my relief work. But other than that, I have no fucking idea so it's like not that relevant. And I bring this up because like Craig following page, he doesn't him unfollowing her becomes this big like press thing, like he unvolwed her, she unfollowed him, they unfollowed them.
Speaker 2: Just keep following her, O cares. Just don't watch it, just mute it.
Speaker 1: You don't have to look at it. But like, you don't need everyone to talk about your business. There are people that I've broken up with or dating. I date people, break up with them, I follow them. I'm not gonna unfollow it doesn't matter. What does it fucking matter If I don't want to see their content, I don't have to see their content. And also some people don't post as much and I wouldn't see it anyway, So like it could be a control tactic where you just don't want it presented to you. But then I guess you could just mute them or quiet it down.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just I don't think people need to worry about who they're following and unfollowing. It doesn't mean that much. You shouldn't play so much weight on it. Just ignore it. If the goal is that you don't want to see their content, just don't see their content, and I don't know if you block someone, if the people would know that you didn't follow them, I would imagine. I just think it's just a very stupid, juvenile, third grade practice. It doesn't fucking matter. So, by the way, whether I'm following Kyle or following my best friend Sarah not following them, whether I'm following someone I'm dating or sleeping with or in a relationship with, it doesn't mean anything. Because if I do it and I know you're going to report on it, I could manipulate the media.
Speaker 2: I could follow.
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't fucking know some famous actor, so you think I'm with them, Like, I could do anything I want. It's just it doesn't have to mean anything. It doesn't have to mean anything. I could be in love with someone, then I could hate someone. It doesn't mean I'm gonna unfollow them because I don't want you all to react to me on following them, So I'm just not gonna unfollow them. I have noticed this dynamic in people that makes me crazy, and I call the room of vacuum.
Speaker 2: I love. I love the concept of the room of vacuum.
Speaker 1: I love the room of vacuum, but I like it in a device for your home, not in a person.
Speaker 2: And what do I mean?
Speaker 1: And you could be this person, so please look inside if you're this person, I'm not this person.
Speaker 2: But there are a lot of room of vacuums. Okay, what do I mean?
Speaker 1: I mean people that don't really express themselves or express remorse or urgency. It happens a lot in business and in the workplace, like someone you basically said say to someone, Okay, we have to do this, and overall, I need you to be more responsive or I need you to help me with this, or I'm not being specific because it could be anything. And a person feels a little bit like a robot, like they kind of respond to what you're saying exactly what you're saying. They hit the wall, they go the other direction, and then they go in that direction. But you like, in order to be a fully functioning business person, you need to be able to look at the temperature of the room, look at the highway, look at the elements, look at what's going on. Meaning if you're in Aspen and your hair is particularly dry and it's flat, you're gonna adjust. If you're in Miami and it's frizzy. You're going to adjust. If you're in business and something happens just because someone told you to do something one way, you have to be able to understand that elements can change that. So there have been things in my business where I've said, all right, we need to be doing this because this is what's going on in society, and then someone goes in that one direction and starts doing that one thing, but then one other element pops up and you're like, wait, why'd you do that? They're like, well, you told me that we need to do this. I'm like, yes, I know, I know I did, but like we didn't expect this to happen. And it's the room of vacuum. And people that I work with, some of them know when I'm talking about I'm like, because he's a room of vacuum. A room of vacuum is someone that, like you've told one thing, they don't have the ability. They have blinders on. They're going in the direction you sent them in, but they don't. It's like Forrest Gump, like they just walk out the door one time and just keep running, which worked out a farst Gump, but it was just like he just ran until he couldn't run anymore, and like then when he hit the end of the country, he's stuffed.
Speaker 2: That's not what you want.
Speaker 1: In a creative or intelligent or successful business person. Someone has to be able to get in the car, but like get out if something's going wrong, stop and get gas if they hit the wall. Like you don't want to be a room a vacuum, meaning you have to not just take direction and only listen to the thing that someone just said. It could be anything. It could be a partner, It could be a relationship partner. It could be someone that a nanny, It could be a babysitter, it could be an assistant, it could be a business partner, an accountant. Like you could literally meet someone in a relationship and say like, well, right, because I want you know, I really want you to hear me or listen to me, or do this thing. I don't know how to explain it. And then like you switch something and you're like, wait, why would you just do that? Like there was just an accident, why why didn't you? Why didn't you It could be anything pick up the keys as you left it because you told me never to pick.
Speaker 2: Up the keys. I'm like, right, but today there was a fire.
Speaker 1: You need to pick up the key, like it's the most arbitrary thing, and it doesn't matter what the thing is. But just know that it's not great to be a room of vacuum. And it's not great to have people that work with you or for you that are a room of vacuums, because you want them to be able to think for themselves. Otherwise they're just these robots that not until they hit the wall do they go in a different direction. I don't know if that makes any sense to you, but like I'm trying to think of real world examples and I will I'll come up with other with room vacuum examples. It's just like if you tell your kids something about something they have to do every day to and from school, and then one day there's a fire at school, or the bus stops down, or something bad happens or there's an emergency and they're like, wait, but you told me, You're like right, I know I did, but today it was but except for this because something crazy happened. So anyway, that's the room of vacuum. So last night I ended up on Channel two thousand, seven hundred and eighty six on my television in the city because that's where my television turned on. And I was like, what the fuck are there a million channels? Are there infinite channels? How is there? How is there? Like what happened to us? I remembered? I feel like I remember horse drawn buggies, like I remember very clearly, two four seven, Later came five, eleven, nine, and thirteen, like it really was two far Like these were channels, and yes there was no DVR, and yes it was this crazy there was no satellite TV and all the things that happened later. But like, I guess it should be in definite because there can be infinite content. But I bring this up to you because I was on twenty seven hundred and eighty six yesterday and I landed on a show called Forged in Fire. Okay, Saturday Night Live could not make the show. Now, the show wasn't even a bad show, Like, and I'm giving the flowers to the people on the show because and I can't imagine what they're getting paid, because I know people on normal reality TV get paid and it's not a lot when they start out, So what are the people on Forged in Fire getting paid? These are like welders kind of they they're holding they're yielding swords, but inside.
Speaker 2: A two studio. Okay, Like I remember.
Speaker 1: When it was like deadliest Catch was the thing, and like and people was like, wait, now it's deadliest catch, and now it's about fish, and now it's about organizing, and now it's about decorating, and now it's about tiny homes, and now it's about tiny tiny people and tiny people and tiny homes and tiny people with other times like everything giant people, medium sized people, like overweight people, people that pick their couch, people that are hoarders, like people that have managed like infestation. I've seen shows about like it's gone crazy. But on two thousand, seven hundred and eighty six, it's a show called Forged in Fire and there's one girl because there aren't that many girls probably that are welders, and you know we have to have you know, e DEI in Welding on television. But like there are these different people holding swords. They're holding like machetes and they evil and we're gonna meet back at the anvil. And I guess the anvil is the creative way that these people in some boardroom decided to get back to the boardroom or the conference table or whatever, like The Apprentice years ago when I was on it started, But there are these people in these like aprons that look like they're blacksmiths, and I don't know how many other things they weld if they only work in like sharp instruments. I was watching it all of three minutes, but I guess people are competing and how they like sharpen their swords and machetes. I didn't get to find out where they're using these swords and machetes, Like are they in the jungle. They looked like civilians that had like prescription readers on, so I don't think they're actually like hunting buffalo. I don't know what's going on, but they're all they go back to the anvil, and then there's the host who's got the long hair and like is he a welder too? I don't know who he is, but he's like judging them, and it's like the knockoff of Chopped and Top Chef to a t, like okay, but first we have to come back and meet and like then you have the otfs, like the interviews where the individual welders, like the pressure is really intense, Like you know, it's every show from Cupcake Wars too, I have to beg the pressure of building making the wedding cake, or like we had all these ingredients in the middle of the table and we have to come up with this shit, or the kids are I was dying.
Speaker 2: I was like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 1: There are people inside a studio with those like levery aprons and like sand blasting or like fire blazing, whatever you call it, like sand blasting or like fire torching, like swords and knives, and like what are they What are they competing for? How much money they going to win? What's the host getting paid? What's going on? Where is like the society and how did they cast these people? Like I don't I know a lot of people in the middle of the country because you know, we overgeneralize. I'm on a coast, so like we think we represent everybody. You know, everybody thought like the show Seinfeld wouldn't do well because it was a Jewish coastal neurotic show, and yet it did do well across the country. So the country is not as big as we thought. But like, so let me just we often ignore, you know, the flyover States in the middle of the country, and the Bible Belt and the Christian the whole church tour, and then there's the Borsched Belt, the whole Jewish community in upstate New York A. Right, So it there's a lot of different people. But like in my travels, I've met a lot of people around the country, and I haven't met many people that are like blow torching fucking swords inside for that for the eventual super Bowl of Swords in at a studio, but like a tooth channel two thousand, seven hundred and eighty six, this is where this content lives. And I imagine if I go to the next channel, there's gonna be a whole other thing. I didn't know, like people were like, you know, making things out of wax. And it's wonderful that there's something for everyone. It's actually really wonderful. I just don't know how far this goes. But but to my point that I'd made many other times, in many ways, TV is like a dinosaur because on social media you can have one person organizing tappaware and another person collecting buttons, and you can be on motorcycle talk and but I and I want to go into TikTok and start putting like blowtorch welders and into my TikTok, so I can see if I land on like sword yielding sand blowtorching, sand blasting talk. I thought like I was in the back of a prison and like the welder's room, but like very serious competition. I don't, no, they should do that in prisons. They should have reality shows in one portion of a prison where like wood shopping and welding.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just I thought like monster trucks and inked and those type pimped my ride or like, yeah, I thought that shit was like niche and adjacent. Now we're into a whole fucking other abyss and and sphere of television and entertainment. Just wanted you to know. And I didn't go as high as I could go. I didn't bring my passport. I didn't like get my altitude medication. I just didn't know it would go that high. I guess it's like a colonic. I could go deep, hi, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just know that I just turned my television on and landed in some on some other fucking sword wielding planet. So that's my useless rant du Jour.
Speaker 2: Got back to the counter.
Speaker 1: Most got back to answer back to the conser.