Speaker 1: Crime Stories with Nancy Greece.
Speaker 2: Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived. That is actually a child's rhyme. My daughter taught me divorce, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived. It's referring to Henry the Eighth, the King of England, that when he would get tired of a wife, I just have her beheaded, make up some claim against her, and have her head chopped out off right out there outside the tower. That was King Henry. But guess what. It also applies to a modern day felon Thomas Randolph. Why because he also has had six wives and four of them are dead. Who and the hey would keep marrying this guy when he's got four dead wives. Okay, that's a whole other can of worms. But how does one guy have six wives and four of them are dead and nobody notices? I means he grace. This is Crime Stories. Thank you for being with us here at Foxcination in series XEM one eleven, let's kick it off. Take a listen to our friends at crime Watch. Deally.
Speaker 3: It's a Thursday night in Las Vegas, but Sin City locals Tom and wife Sharon are leaving the neon lights of the strip to the tourists and sharing a romantic dinner at a quiet suburban restaurant before going to the movies.
Speaker 4: Sharon's favorite thing in the entire world was to go to movies. She was a movie fanatic.
Speaker 3: But on this date night, Sharon is said to be in the mood for something else.
Speaker 4: She wanted to go home and have sex with Tom Randolph, and so he takes her home.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, forget the fancy dinner in the movie that I just said I wanted to do. Now she's overwhelmed with a desire for sex with Randolph. Where do we get that information, Jackie, oh oh from Randolph. He's so irresistible. Forget the movie. I've got to get home with you right now and have sex. Okay, you can probably take that with a box of salt. But that said, take a listener for instant use three.
Speaker 5: I actually started shutting the door as I get in.
Speaker 6: The couple had dinner and then returned home.
Speaker 2: Now this door was closed, I helped what up.
Speaker 6: He claims an intruder was inside and shot and killed his wife, Sharon, Causewit entered first.
Speaker 7: Sharon's laying in the floor, face down, said Sharon.
Speaker 8: Jared.
Speaker 2: Wow, he doesn't really seem that upset about it, does he should? She's dead, so they're out for dinner in the movie, she suddenly changed her mind and has to go home right then for sex. Forget about waiting till later. Had to be right then and lo and the hold. There's an intruder that happens to be there when they come in, and she, not him, gets shot dead. Let's just take a listen to that nine to one one.
Speaker 9: Call ran out rut the garage as I was thinking out.
Speaker 10: And I don't know, okay, I a bunch of times on your wife? Your wife?
Speaker 2: Oh okay? The plot thakans Now he knows the intruder is somebody named Mike. Boy. Do I smell a rat? Let's see what more we can learn. Uh, take a listen to this I'm a one call we got from Killer Jeans podcast.
Speaker 11: Qutter flat on her back, put her.
Speaker 5: Should I try to find this gun or something so you don't shoot? But he's not dead?
Speaker 11: Is he moving?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 11: BO, get his gun, and BO get his gun quickly? Hooking on your wife quarter flat.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna walk the garage so he can't eat.
Speaker 11: Okay, sure, you gotta do this quick, qutter flat on her back.
Speaker 10: It's flood everywhere.
Speaker 11: All right, I'm gonna help you, but I need you to listen to her and try to help her. You got to listen to me so we can try to help her.
Speaker 2: Oh darn, I hate that when somebody's gone down right in front of you, when they actually blade there's more. Listen, Okay, put her flat on her back.
Speaker 5: Sure, Oh god, here, what's your status myself?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 5: Hear me?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 10: Oh god?
Speaker 11: Sure, come back to the phone. I can't roll back go everywhere. You've got one everywhere?
Speaker 10: What the strange difference where you can't move her?
Speaker 11: I can't get Troy get you got to try to do CPR.
Speaker 2: I need you to try what she weighs about one hundred and twenty pounds and you can't roll her over. Watch out, Daniel day Lewis, move aside, Christian Bell. That asker's not for you. This guy is a very strong contender. You are hearing Thomas Randolph crying or something like crying when his wife is shot dead after she gives into the overwhelming urge to go home that minute and have sex with her husband. Now, remember This is by far the first time that he has had a wife suddenly die. But how is it that he knows the assailant? How does he know is the guy named Mike Take a listener friends at KSNV.
Speaker 6: Randolph says, he sees something in the darkness.
Speaker 2: I thought it just seemed like a shadow.
Speaker 6: That shadow belonged to thirty eight year old Michael James Miller, a friend of Randolph's. Randolph says he grabbed the gun before running into the masked intruder.
Speaker 2: And that's when I just pushed it. Boom boom boom. He started going out toward the shed. Okay, joining me in all star panel to make sense of why are there four dead wives out of six? First of all, I want to go to chief investigative reporter at dailymail dot com, Jen Smith is with us, Jen, who is Sharon? Is this wife number? What is this wife number six?
Speaker 7: This is wife number six? Yes, Sharon was Thomas Randolph's last wife. They were only married for two years before she was killed in this strange shall we say failed home burglary. As he described it, she was the sixth wife he'd been married five times before that, and another wee of Phil's wife Nancy, also died in mysterious circumstances.
Speaker 2: Well, who is Mike.
Speaker 12: So Mike the.
Speaker 7: Person this intruder that he claimed that he didn't know and then he let the name flip we later learn as a man, handyman.
Speaker 2: So, Jensmith, you're telling me that the guy named Mike is actually the handyman for Randolph.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right. So Mike worked for Randolph and his wife Sharon. They lived in this pretty, you know, pleasant, if not unremarkable home in a suburb of Las Vegas. They knew each other, he did all jobs for them around the.
Speaker 2: High guys, take a listen now to our cut four from Crime Watch Daily.
Speaker 3: The dead intruder is identified as Michael Miller, a thirty eight year old handyman Tom had admitted was no stranger to him on his nine one one call.
Speaker 5: I know he'd put me off.
Speaker 11: He tried to rictly off.
Speaker 3: Investigators learned Tom had befriended Miller several months earlier.
Speaker 4: He takes him under his wing and starts having him around the house constantly.
Speaker 3: The kindness of heart, he befriended what he called a bum.
Speaker 2: Now, if this guy is in fact using a handyman to kill his wife. It wouldn't be the first time we've seen that scenario. Does anybody remember Big Bob aka Bob Bishara Take a listen our friends at ABC.
Speaker 13: Prominent Michigan businessman Bob Bashara has been sentenced to at least six years in jail for attempting and failing to hire someone to kill a man named Joseph Gains Now. Gains confessed to the murder of Bashara's wife, Jane, who was strangled in January, and says that Bashara paid him to do it. Against his attorneys, Recline is willing to testify against Bashara. Bashara, he says, against is a liar and his effort to find a hitman.
Speaker 2: It was a mistake and as a part of that investigation, Big Bob Ashera's kinky sex life including a lot of S and M and bondage was uncovered. Didn't help with a jury. But in this case, what do we really know about the handyman?
Speaker 1: Prime Stories with Nancy Grace.
Speaker 5: But not a.
Speaker 2: Violona is joining us. Former homicide prosecutor now veteran criminal defense attorney. You can find her at Violona Law dot com. BERNARDA. If in fact, he set up the death the murder of his sixth wife. Talk about the similar transactions that can come into a jury proven or unproven bad acts or doesn't have to be a conviction for a jury to hear about a similar act in the past.
Speaker 14: Exactly prior bad acts do come into evidence. You have to think that usually this comes into evidence because you want to show mold them, You want to show intent, You want to show a common plan or scheme. And here where it is like, you're not talking about just one wife or two wife. You're talking about multiple wife. So obviously they had where where there's he, there's fire.
Speaker 2: Guys, just how close is Randolph to the handyman? Take a listen to our friend Melissa McCarty.
Speaker 3: Shooting more than just the breeze with him.
Speaker 4: They're constantly shooting guns, They're constantly out doing target practice. They're constantly having conversations over the telephone. In like a six or eight week period, we have over three hundred and three phone calls between the.
Speaker 2: Two of them.
Speaker 5: Nobody was inspiring to kill anyone total and two three hundred phone calls, big deal. Two hundred of them was answering machines and she said thirty short messages. You want to We're going to pizza. You want to go with us? Me and Sheerrick. We're going to pizza. You want to go with us. We're going to the bar. You want to go with us. He's got nothing. He didn't plan on killing us. He came home. He planned on robbing us because the next day we were leaving, and all that money's going with me and I'm buying five acres and somewhere in Biaber around the middle of Utah.
Speaker 2: Okay. You know, when I think of romance, I think of Ocean's eleven. Is that wrong? I think about Brad Pitt and George Clooney, that kind of romance. I don't think of a romance where you're shooting the other person's wife when they come in from a night on the town. To you, Robert Crispin joining us, very well known private investigator, former Federal Task Force officer for the Department of Justice, the DEA, the Miami Field Division, former homicide detectives. You can find him at Crispininvestigations dot com. Robert, this whole thing stinks. And did you hear him on the nine one one call? He's not crying. It sounds like he's yodling softly in the background.
Speaker 8: Listen, Nanthew, you and I have listened to so many nine on one calls that originate from a homicide scene. When that first caller is calling in and these people are going into the tunnel vision, they are completely freaking out. It's just coming across the dead body, especially your wife, you completely lose it. He doesn't lose it on this call at all. I don't think he does. And he's not giving any He's more interested in running out to see if the guy's out there or close the door so you don't come in to shoot him. Well that's not true.
Speaker 2: And so you can't turn your wife.
Speaker 8: Over exactly exactly, no immediate first care, none, and this is your wife. That's right. There is why Detective o'reiley didn't buy any of this story, and it started from there.
Speaker 2: I want to focus on the homicide. That's why I've got doctor jan Gorniac with me. But I've got to ask doctor Chloe Carmichael a question, and I would have to know this before I took this to a jury. Doctor Chloe clinical psychologist, Women's Health Magazine Advisory Board, author of nervous energy, the power of your anxiety. Okay, now that's interesting, and you can find her at doctor Chloe, Doctor Chloe Carmichael, thank you for being with us. Why would anybody marry a guy that's already had five wives and three of them are dead, and then you become number four, six wives.
Speaker 14: And four dead.
Speaker 2: I would run to the heels as if I had seen a monster.
Speaker 12: Right, and Nancy, I think many people probably would. The only thing maybe to consider, though, is that this person I think we can agreed probably catch something.
Speaker 2: I almost had one date with a guy. He's seemed nice enough, but he told me he had filed for three bankruptcy's. I'm like, bye, See, of course I was very nice. I had dinner, I paid for dinner, obviously, and then I just kind of never called back because one way's uptick. Okay, that can happen to a lot of people, but three three in a row, Ah, No, something is wrong there. I didn't know what was wrong, but he certainly didn't have six wives for of them dead.
Speaker 12: I hear you, Nancy. There's a few things though, to consider that are maybe different, of course from you. So first of all, I don't think that you have a dependent personality. Now I'm not saying that she did, but to answer your question, a woman that has a dependent personality, that is.
Speaker 2: What you mean. A dependent personality.
Speaker 12: People who are unable to, you know, fill their own needs, who almost really kind of like taking on other people's struggles. Somebody who seems to have problems can almost become more attractive to that person because it makes them feel special. The other thing to consider is that this, uh, this man probably is a sociopath. He probably has you know, what we call the dark cognitive triads.
Speaker 2: So what is a dark cognitive triad That sounds.
Speaker 12: Air well, it is terrible. So it's a combination of three personality traits, which is narcissism, machia valianism, and psychopathy. So basically, it's someone who is a narcissist, who doesn't have any qualms about hurting other people, and is really good at manipulating people. And so ironically, again, that type of person can be very charming. And that's why I found it interesting that I'm not saying I believe him that she wanted to leave the date in order to go home and have sex, but that does point to some kind of narcissism.
Speaker 2: Doctor Gorniac is joining us. Doctor jan Gorniac, let me tell you something. This is her Bailey Wick, former medical examiner for Clark County, that is Vegas. Let me tell you never lack a business. There board certified forensic pathologists, Doctor Gorniac, I have found that in many cases a gunshot victim can be saved with the proper CPR. That didn't happen here.
Speaker 15: You're absolutely correct. So also, you know it's going to depend on where those shots were. Depending on where those shots were, speedy resuscitation effort to transport to a hospital, there is a possibility that a life could be saved.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just thinking about her dying there, Doctor Jane Gorniac. There she walks through the door and there's an immediate assault. There's an immediate barrage of bullets. What would she have experienced as the blood drained out of her body, as her life drained out of her body? Could she say? Could she hear? Could she understand what was happening to her?
Speaker 15: There is a good possibility that she could. There's only one instance. Injury to the brainstem where it controls you're breathing and your respiration. If you have an injury to the brain stem, you're essentially dye immediately. But other shots, say to the chest, even to the head, you're going to bleed out first. You're going to hammer it to If you have a shot to the heart or to the lung, you're going to go into shock first. So it's not an immediate depth. So you're going to go into what we call a hemorrhagic shock. You're just gonna your blood is going to start bleeding into the chest or out of your body. Your brain is not going to be able to get any oxygen. So I'm not going to say it's a slow depth, but at one point you're going to be aware until you lose consciousness and then your body is going to be devoid of oxygen. So there will be a timeframe, maybe seconds, maybe minutes where you are aware, unfortunately that you are dying. You may not be able to articulate that, but there's an awareness until you go in responsive from your injuries.
Speaker 2: So Robert Crispin joining USPI, former FED, can you imagine her lying there, She walks in the door and gets sit with all these bullets. She's dying, She's dying and she hears her husband on nine one one pretending to cry and saying I can't roll her over, and he's just sitting there and she realizes he's in on it.
Speaker 8: You know, the sad part about that, Nancy is she's going to die. She's not going to be able to tell her side of the story. She's not going to be telling what happened on that call and how his actions really were and how she knows she was killed at his hands. That's really sad and that's a horrible way to die. And that's why detectives put this all together and bring all the evidence in because the crime scene, the interviews, the nine one one calls, those are all the story that's coming from the deceased. That deceased is allowing all that to come out, and they work for the deceased, and that's how they get these people prosecuted.
Speaker 2: You know, I think the story starts a lot longer before that nine to one one call, all the way back to why number one? Who is she? And how has this guy gotten away with four dead wives? Four out of six? That's pretty bad odds. Take a listen to Thomas Randolph's first wife.
Speaker 16: He had a lot of extra curricular activities.
Speaker 7: Namely other women marriage.
Speaker 16: I would really call her marriage.
Speaker 7: There was a lot of did you she married Tom?
Speaker 16: The day that the her divorce was final, she expressed killing fear and things escalated. Tom and I counseled her to leave any way she could, and I would help her if she.
Speaker 7: Wanted me to.
Speaker 2: You were hearing, Catherine Thomas. This is Thomas Randolph's first wife, and he says Thomas Randolph had a lot of extra curricular activities and other words, sleeping around. She says she wouldn't even call it a marriage because there was so much infidelity on her his part, and the day of their divorce is the day he gets married to wife number two. Well, frankly, Catherine Thomas, she count of lucky stars. She did manage to live. But who is this Becky that so sadly has a sex affair with Thomas Randolph. Take a listen to this.
Speaker 5: Justice is my kids to the world. I want to clarify that she is my daughter, Crystal. She she's very smart. I didn't plan her. I planned Justice, like I told you. I knew I'm going to get Kathy pregnant, whether I married or not. I picked her because she looked like Parahpota majors, just no boots. So I knew she'd make beautiful babies. Okay, I cheated on her, but there's a lot of reasons I cheated on her. She didn't satisfy me. Okay, shouldn't have cheated on her, should have divorced her. She knew about Vicky.
Speaker 2: Oh that makes it okay. I guess she knew I was having sex with Becky. So did you hear all that about justice is my gift to the world, and so as my daughter Christa. He's talking about his children are gifts to the world. And in the same thing, did I hear this correctly, Jackie? I was going to get Kathy pregnant, whether I married her or not. I picked her because she his word's not mine, looked like Farah faucet, just no boobs. Did he just say that? Okay? How do I know that? And these wives don't know it? You are hearing the playboy with six wives, four of them did, speaking in his own voice. But you know what, let's listen to some more.
Speaker 5: Take a listen, and this is the guilt in it. I just lost it and I said, I am so sick and tired of you saying you're going to kill yourself. If you're going to kill yourself, just do it and put everybody out of your misery. Becky, I've had it and I don't to hear it. I'm showing her up in my throat, had it. I can't deal with no more. If you're going to do it, do it and did it over?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Okay, you are hearing our friends a Killer Gene podcast and you were hearing Thomas Randolph actually speaking. Uh. Isn't that one of the single biggest know knows ever doctor Chloe. When someone you believe is suicidal and you just say, you know what, go ahead and kill yourself, you're driving us crazy. Go die.
Speaker 12: Well, certainly, my goodness, it's a it's a it's an astonishing thing to say. It really goes back to that dark triad idea that this is a person who is displaying narcissism as well as machiavellianism and psychopathy. It's it's really quite stunning that he would say that. And you know, to your point earlier as to why a woman would even marry, you know, a man with this type of a history or this type of personality. I know it really is hard to believe, but people that have this combination of personality treats can actually summon themselves to be quite charming sometimes. So it's possible that, you know, she might have had some kind of personality issue where she was very insecure and he knew how to play on that using his charm. But I agree with you, Nancy, it's really a puzzle as to how a man like this could attract even one wife, much less sick.
Speaker 2: Okay, still stuck in my head. I married her because she'll like fara faucet without quote the boobs. Okay. I would have told him right then to take the patent turner, pat the straight, turned the corner, get the hangout, but sadly she didn't. We're talking about wife number two, okay, Becky. Becky, the one that he believes is suicidal. So his advice to her, go kill yourself. Take a listen to Thomas Randolph in his own own words from Our Friensic Killer James.
Speaker 5: So I opened the garage and there's Becky's car, and I thought, well, that's not right. So I go upstairs and there's Becky lying in bed. She shot her. She got the gun in her hands. The gun is jammed open, and that's an important thing because they screwed up when they did this investigation. She's on a water bed, but it's not a typical water bed, so she's laying there and I did I put my hand on her hand to make sure she you know, I didn't know she just shot herself for a watch, because I just got home and she's dead, and I immediately come out, get back in the truck and see. They said, oh, that's that's nonsense. But our phone's off, the powers off, the gases off, the lights is off. I'm not living there. Betty can't afford it, so there's no sense paying for it. And they said the house was in foreclosure. I think we were a month behind.
Speaker 2: Man he seems to have an answer for everything, and everybody around him screwed up. She screwed up. She shot herself. They mishandled the investigation. The bank started foreclosure before they were supposed to. Blah blah blah, And he doesn't stop there.
Speaker 5: Listen doctor Edwards swinging. The pathologists performed me autopsy. It was his opinion that Becky's body was moved after she was shot. And again he's our best witness, and we include his transcripts from a preliminary hearing, and he says the body wasn't she was shot where she was, that she died from a numerous things. My poor Becky lifts for half an hour. And he said, definitely her arm could have moved, her legs could have moved, probably would have moved because she would have been in terrible pain.
Speaker 2: Okay, doctor Jane Gorniac, you don pathologists. I'm telling you, it's all your fault. Have you ever noticed, doctor Gorniac, that when you testifying for the state, somehow the defense tries to blame everything on you.
Speaker 1: It's their client.
Speaker 2: They're the ones. He's the one that finds her body, he's the one that told her to go kill herself and uh oh another wife did. But yet he blames everybody but himself, including the pathologist.
Speaker 15: Yes, that that happened. So we're up there as advocates for our patient. We are independent investigators, so we can just testify to our findings. We're not there to say who did it, who didn't do it, or the true quote unquote facts of the of the case based on the like I said, before on some of your other podcasts. The body tells us the story, so we can look at the body, look at the scene, things around the body, at the scene while they're on the table, and they will tell their story and then we just interpret it in order to tell the judge and the jury.
Speaker 5: So yes, the.
Speaker 15: Defense attorneys can sometimes come back at us, but they're coming back at their science. So I try to look at that way to not me. It's the signs, but the sigence doesn't lie.
Speaker 2: You know how you go to the snakehouse at the zoo and you look at poison snakes through a glass. That's how I feel right now listening to Thomas Randolph rambling on and on to our friends at Killer Jane's, Well, he doesn't stop there. Listen.
Speaker 5: Of course I am. I am a narcissist. That's because I've got a really high IQ and because I've been a player. But anybody that's successful, anybody that's intelligence, they're going to be an they're going to be somewhat narcissistic. It seems like everybody and their brother wanted to bust me for drugs. That's what the UK case is about. The drugs and all the women I had sex with, and it's not criminal. It may be not good if you're married, but or they're married, but it's not criminal. The times were different back in the eighties than they are today.
Speaker 2: The times are different, BERNARDA. Do you know how much I want to cross examine this purve? The times were different, my.
Speaker 14: Rear end, The times were different.
Speaker 2: Drugs about cheating have never been okay exactly.
Speaker 14: It doesn't matter what error you're coming up in. So it's so crazy to guy how much he loved to talk and that he's gotten away with it for so long despite all his statements out the MP black he fell for it.
Speaker 2: People actually fell for it. But it's not just about all the sex and all the cheating. There's another motive. Take a listen now. I cut twenty six from crime.
Speaker 17: Online Goald's death rule the suicide, and Randolph received over a half million dollar life insurance payout. Randolph was later charged with her murder when Erring Tarantino went to police saying Randolph tried to get him to kill Becky while awaiting trial. A sting operation now Randolph trying to have Tarantino killed. Randolph was acquitted of the murder charge and pleading to a lesser charge of witness tampering with the Tarantino case.
Speaker 1: Time Stories with Nancy Grace.
Speaker 2: Jim Smith is joining me, Chief investigative reporter, dailymail dot com. He actually got five hundred thousand dollars life insurance on Becky because her death was actually ruled a suicide. Then it turns out from Tarantino he tried to hire Tarantino to kill Becky, but then Tarantino ends up there too.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, that's believe it or not, fancy, that's correct. He claims it. His wife has you know, killed herself this life insurance claim and is given a huge amount of money, you know, half a million dollars. Someone then comes forward and says no, actually he asked me to kill her and best personal so later ends up dead.
Speaker 2: But yet women keep marrying him. And then this goes forward and he is acquitted. Yes, he is acquitted, but that doesn't stop another woman from marrying him. Let's see, there was Catherine, then there was Becky, and now here we go wife number three. Take a listen to our friends at crime Online and cut twenty seven.
Speaker 17: Gana Allman was Randolph's third wife. One day Randolph was cleaning his gun at the dining room table, told her the gun was not loaded, but it went off anyway. The bullet nearly hit her and Gana, it was close enough to see the smoke come out of the hole.
Speaker 2: What does she have to say about it? Take a listen to what wife number three has to say to Vegas Review Journal what.
Speaker 4: Happened at your vision table.
Speaker 16: Supposedly there was no bullets in the gun.
Speaker 10: And that he was cleaning the car at the dining table, the cab not very far away from.
Speaker 2: Jump the floor Jenn Smith. Okay, he's cleaning again with her sitting at the table, and the gun goes off. She says she thought he tried to kill her, and he was not prosecuted.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's absolutely right, man. See so there is quite a large gap in between the white number two Becky and wife number three Gaina. They end up divorcing in two thousand and four. Lucky escape for Gana when you look at how the rest of his wife turned out. But she later tells this story that during their marriage, he's cleaning the gun at home. She believes it was an attempt to murder her.
Speaker 14: The gun goes off.
Speaker 7: Now He clearly is used to handling guns and it didn't often fire accidentally or while he was cleaning it, so she believed that he had tried to kill her. Now, we're not sure that she necessarily reported this to the authorities when it happened. This all came out later following the death of Randolph's sixth wife, but that was her story and she was never investigating for it. He was never arrested for attempted murder of Gayna either.
Speaker 2: Okay, so wife number three after the gun cleaning incident, takes off for the heels. She runs for the heels, but that doesn't stop yet another woman falling for Thomas Randolph. I mean, I can't make this up. Take a listen our friends at crime Online twenty eight.
Speaker 17: Thomas Randolph later married Francis Randolph. Francis Randolph passed away in the hospital after she had successful heart surgery. Thomas Randolph didn't allow her daughter to visit Francis at the hospital. Thomas Randolph told her he wanted to see Francis alone. When he came out of her room, he announced that she was dead. He had her mother cremated within twenty four hours of her death. And sent ashes to the family in pill bottles.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jen Smith, I think I'm at wife number four, Francis Randolph. She's in the hospital with heart surgery. It's successful, but he won't let her daughter come in the room. He goes into visit her and comes down and says she's dead and has her cruitment it in twenty four hours and sends ashes to the family in pill bottles. Did I understand that correctly?
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely perfectly, Nancafe. I mean, red flags are all over this right. Not only does she die very sudden, that she dies after what was, as you say, a successful heart surgery. Now wait till you're this. After Francis dies and after he sends the ashes in a pill bottle, he then successfully sues the hospital who was caring for her, and he wins a settlement, so he gets money out of the hospital where she was being cared for, where she eventually died in really mysterious circumstances. We don't know how much the settlement was four It was a confidential one, but he manages to con as well for what he claimed was inefficient or ineffective care of Francis, who he said she'd ever have died, but the death specific sad. She died natural causes, which empowered him to do the hospital that I'd been looking after her.
Speaker 2: Of course he had to have her cremated immediately because autopsy would likely have revealed if she had died from let's just say, asphyxiation in the hospital room. And then, of course, following that, yes, following that comes along wife number five. Listen to crime Online.
Speaker 17: Thomas Randolph's fifth wife was Leonis Stapleton. There's not a lot of public knowledge about her. In court during the first trial in twenty seventeen, family and friends all testified a Stapleton had died of cancer. This according to the Review Journal. Beyond that, very little is known about her.
Speaker 2: I'd like to find out. I'd like to have her body zoomed and find out how she really died. I mean, none of this is making sense. But let's hear Thomas Randolph in his own words speaking to Killer Jans Well, I've.
Speaker 5: Always come to Vegas because I'd played twenty one. I'm actually really good at it. I make good money. I made there's more money than I make working for the state full time and teaching school part time. And you don't have to pay taxes on it. So I love the gamble. So I go to Vegas and I go to Lake.
Speaker 2: Pale and more.
Speaker 5: Sharon had just lost her husband, he died of cancer. I'd lost Francis the year before, earlier that year, and I did on it. I'd be off of it, and I wouldn't respond to any of these, and Sharon keeps him mommy. And finally I got an email that says, hey, you know, if you're you don't think I'm attracted or you're like, well, either were? That caught my attention. He was very rude about it, so it caught my attention. I actually knew Sharon better than I knew most women in my life because we talked for hours and hours. Should be the last voice I heard at night, and then first thing in the morning she'd call me because she gets up earlier at the time difference. And when I met her in person, it's just everything quick.
Speaker 2: She da, you know, Robert Cristpin, it's really hard for me to get in my mind around and we've been talking about why would he marry someone that's been married so many times and you've had four dead wives. We're questioning them we don't need to be questioning the women. Either he lied to them or he charmed them or explained things away, and if they were in love, they probably didn't want to know the truth. I'm more curious about how he got away with killing so many wives and wasn't stopped before the fourth death.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you, Nancy Is, I'm listening to this statement. I'm getting visions of Alex Murda's statement dancing through my head and just listening to the similarities of the alibis and the explanations of everything that happened two of these deaths. I'm sure he probably knew. And you know this from being a prosecutor and people with medical conditions, there are doctors that will sign the death certificate. So if this one person really did have cancer and it was maybe an advanced stage of cancer, and he gets the phone call that this person's past from law enforcement, who's the responding officer to the scene, He's going to go, yeah, you know what, I'll sign the death certificate. Same thing with the with the heart surgery patient. We all suspect you went in there and probably suffocated her, but got the phone call to the doctor, and the doctor said, yep, I'll sign. She had a history of heart disease. So two of those deaths clearly could have slid under the radar of the doctor stepping in and signing the death certificate, which takes law enforcement out of it, because once law enforcement knows that the doctor will sign unless there's anything outstanding, that shock in owes the police when they arrive. It's a it's an unattended death, or it's a it's a natural cause death. It's going nowhere. And I found, like the.
Speaker 2: Case the prophet you a call cult mom Laurie Valo, her husband's wife Tammy quote in her sleep and it was chalked off to natural causes until her body was exhumed and it turned out she was suffocated. She died from asphyxia of some sort one thing I don't want to do. We're talking about why would you marry somebody that's got so many wives, much less dead wives. It's not the women's fault. For whatever reason they did marry him, it's his fault. These women were paws to him. And when you hear him talk, he talks about cheating, about having sex with so many women, about gambling, about marrying a woman because she looked like Pharah Fawcet quote without the boobs, cheating, the I r s. Everything he says is bad everything. I don't know that I would call him.
Speaker 7: That, but I would probably.
Speaker 2: I would call him a predator when we get right down to it. Four women are dead from their relationship with him. So where is he now? Jen Smith, Chief investigative reporter, Dailymail dot Com.
Speaker 7: Well, you'll be relieved to know that he is now in prison and he's going to stay there for the rest of his life. The reason that we're talking about this case again, Nancy, is that he was recently convicted for the second time of Shannon's murder and of the murder of Mike Miller, the hitman who he had hired to kill his wife, Sharon. Surprisingly his first conviction, which was returned back in following in twenty seventeen trial, it was overturned. He argued successfully in court that the prior bad act of his previous marriages shouldn't have been allowed to have been included in the trials, and the conviction was overturned. He was then tried again because he is sixty eight. The prosecutors decided that it wasn't worth anyone's time to drag it through a death row appeals process, so they shared him the death penalty. But Thomas Randolph, sixty eight years old, six wife later, he is now going to die in prison.
Speaker 2: I can only hope, but I can guarantee you one thing, Jenn Smith. He's got a long long list of pinpal lovers and a big stack of male from lonely heart females out there looking for love, and they're probably sending him money right now. So to you, Thomas Randolph brought in hell. Goodbye friend,