Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the Day. I'm a big boy. I could take it if you feel I deserve it. Ain't no big deal. I know Charlottage gods gonna have to saut his mouth. You've got to say something you may not agree with. It doesn't mean I'm mean, who's getting that donky? That donkey that don't don't don't dump dunk donk the other day right here the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Bitch you you can call me the donkey of the day, but like I mean, no harm. Yes, Donkey of to Day for Wednesday, October sixteenth goes to the Indiana State Police in Indiana. You all must really like doing paperwork, Okay. In fact, before we move on, I want to salute all the cops out there who have bigger fish to fry. All the law enforcement officials on this planet who don't stick to the rivers and lakes there are used to because they too busy chasing waterfalls.
Speaker 1: We don't discuss that enough, Okay.
Speaker 2: TLC told us not to chase waterfalls, But sometimes those rivers and lakes are too small and we don't need to stick to them. We need to chase the big ass waterfalls and there is a lot of cops that understand that. What do I mean when I say that, Well, if I was a police officer and I pulled somebody over for something petty, something small, I don't even want to call it a petty crime, just like an infraction like failing to pay fines related to minor traffic violations of parking tickets.
Speaker 1: If I was a cop and I.
Speaker 2: Pulled someone over for that, I would be like, hey, man, go home, pay your ticket. If you don't pay your ticket, I'm locking your ass up next time I catch you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: There are just so many non violent, low level infractions that usually end up with people being jailed, but it's usually things people shouldn't be in jail for. And that is why I am giving the Indiana State Police donkey of the day to day. Because it was a dark and lonely night, a state trooper was patrolling the southwestern part of the state when he spotted a fifty one year old man named John McKee driving a little jeep with no lights. That is a reason to pull somebody over. But there's a lot more to the story, so let's go to Wave News for the report.
Speaker 1: Police.
Speaker 3: The man is fifty one year old John McKee from Vincennes, Indiana, and he was arrested for driving a power wheels jeep at night while under the influence of marijuana and mess. Now at the beginning of this video, and you can see McKee pull off the road and that blue power wheels jeep. The officer in the video then stops him soon performs several field sobriety tests, which McKee fails. He's then arrested and taken to the hospital for several blood tests. And take a listen to his reaction when he finds out he's being charged with t uy.
Speaker 1: Do you know? I'm time? That is still a good so you talk to the wrong person.
Speaker 3: Oh man, That's all I have to say about that. McKee was later charged with operating a vehicle with a prior conviction, which is a felony. He's since been released.
Speaker 1: Pretty crazy, It was all right, thanks so much for now.
Speaker 2: I know what you're thinking, How the hell did he fit into a power wheel at his big age. Okay, there's two of those in my house. My nine year old and six year old have one. And if I could sit my thick ass in one of those power wheels, and drive it. I would They look so fun, but I can't so how the hell with John mckid able to do that?
Speaker 1: That's number one? Number two. I know what you're thinking. What greater weed was he smoking? I want some?
Speaker 2: Or was it the MEF and Mary All I need combo platter that made him say, let me get in this power wheel and hit the road. Okay, he must have been so high that the power wheel looked like an actual jeep. To him, it must have looked like an actual car. Okay, that's why he got in it and took off down the roads. I've been high like this before, okay, when I was much, much, much younger. And when you this high, you can be speeding and think you going slow, or you can be going slow and thank you speeding. I wonder did the Indiana State Police ask him, sir, do you know why we stopped you? Because the reality is they don't even know why they stopped him. If you stop somebody in a power wheel, you gotta be wondering what the hell's going on.
Speaker 1: I would have paid to see that.
Speaker 2: John McKee was probably so high he had no clue he was even being stopped. But anyway, listen Indiana State Police. I understand locking him up on the drug charges. I understand locking him up on the public intoxication. I even understand him getting locked up for operating a nonscreet legal vehicle on public roads. But where I draw the line, it's a dui. Okay, Giving a man a dui because he driving a power wheel high off mefing weed is insanity.
Speaker 1: This man pulls no threat to the public. What was he doing.
Speaker 2: Seven miles hour in the fifty five The whole point of DUIs is people are drunk operating vehicles that can actually kill you. I don't even think power wheels go fast enough to kill bugs that run into the windshield. Okay, the worst part of this story is that some poor child no longer has a power wheels jeep because I'm sure it wasn't pounded.
Speaker 1: Imagine being a cop doing paperwork for this.
Speaker 2: This is why I said earlier, sometimes you have to not stick to the rivers and lakes that you're used to and chase the waterfalls. This arrest was a lake, okay, More like a river that somebody cried and someone else should build a bridge over, and the Indiana State Police should have got over it because this was nonsense. Please give the Indiana State Police the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 1: Oh oh the day.
Speaker 4: Ye when you sober up, how do you explain that you don't?
Speaker 1: You try to get high again. You get high again to.
Speaker 4: Forget all the things you ride, like what.
Speaker 1: Goddamn power will?
Speaker 2: It really don't make no sense, Just like my microphone falling off just now, I don't make no sense.
Speaker 1: I'm gonta fix it though.
Speaker 4: Microphone falling off, you falling off?
Speaker 1: It's crazy anyway.
Speaker 2: Yes, yesterday we had an audio town hall with the Vice President, Madam Kamala Harris. And one thing I loved about the town hall is the talkback feature that we use. You know, the talkback feature. I told you. If you go to the iHeart Podcast page, iHeartRadio app, go to Breakfast Club Podcast, tap the microphone, you could have sent in your questions. We had thousands and thousands of questions. Definitely couldn't get to all of them within an hour. But I do want to thank everybody who used to talk back feat you, and don't want to thank everybody from Detroit who was there. You know, I shouted him out earlier past the Kenlock Zeke from New Era Icewear, Vesel, Eric Thomas, Sharon, the program direct, the bush Man, all of those individuals. But I want to know what what what what you the listeners thought of the conversation just from you know, hearing it. What did you think of the audio town hall? What did you think of what you heard this morning on the Breakfast Club from the Madame Vice President?
Speaker 1: So can we open the phone lines? L Kober?
Speaker 4: We should?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to.
Speaker 4: I was gonna read your text. My mom said I thought that. She said, she said, Charlene, Charlene has done the best interview of Kamala Harrison I've seen yet. Thank God for Charlene along with him and all of his crew. I know that's right, Charlene.
Speaker 2: Did she say did she talk about how handsome I am? Did she say anything about that?
Speaker 4: No? I think she I think she missed that part.
Speaker 1: You know she wears glasses.
Speaker 2: She might that's not true. She's told me I'm a very handsome and so. And I know she said that again into the text. And I know you hate and I know you don't want to know that message. Okay, but it's okay, It's okay. Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull Lamb is soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael to bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull.
Speaker 1: You get the horns. Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club