Speaker 1: I think when you propose, where you propose, it definitely has to be in line with the sensibilities that the person that you're proposing to. My wife would have hated a public proposal. She is not a public person, does not like it, does not need the attention.
Speaker 2: I need the attention. She does not.
Speaker 1: And had I been in a baseball game and it had popped up and the camera comes on to us.
Speaker 2: And I get down on her knee.
Speaker 1: I think she would have said yes. But I think she would have killed me once we got back home.
Speaker 2: So when where? Who?
Speaker 1: All that matters. So there's a like an MMA fight happening, and this guy wanted.
Speaker 2: To propose to a girl, and so he's like, I'm gonna go like a fan or a fighter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a fighter. And he's like, I'm gonna win. Oh no, and I'm gonna propose. And so he didn't win, oh dad, and he still proposed. Oh bloody, he lost. It was after a lot. I think you have to shift. I think you have to shift, get to pivot and go. I was planning to do it here, but I didn't win my fight, and so he so, do you marry me? And she said no, no, no, I mean, he's a loser.
Speaker 3: And I was thinking, gosh, well you lose a fight, but then you win the love of your.
Speaker 2: Life and didn't work out that way.
Speaker 4: It's a win, you know, the win anyway.
Speaker 1: And she was kind of cool about it. She was like, let's this is not the time. There were twenty thousand people. It's so embarrassing and it wasn't fake because the guy just had to He's got the crab.
Speaker 2: You hadn't.
Speaker 3: So in that situation, not that you want to say yes to someone, but just because it's so public and you don't want to embarrass him. Is there a chance she could have said yes in that moment and then when they get back later and be like, hey, I dodn't want to embarrass you.
Speaker 2: Probably yes, m that's hard. The problem too with this guy was she knew he'd.
Speaker 1: Been cheating, so she was also like upset to which is kind of why she said everything went wrong for him. Well, first, well he did some of the wrong. He cheated, and he got beat up, and then he still chose to propose, Like you gotta know your environment, know who what, when where, and don't cheat. I mean, I think that's a big part of it too. Maybe she would have said yes after the loss, he wouldn't cheat it on her.
Speaker 4: Sounds like maybe too many hits to the head.
Speaker 1: Possibly another fight. So this guy in New Jersey is gaming. He had his head set on and talking for the record. I don't play games with people I don't know. There's like a group of five of us. We don't get on whatever the world chat boxes and have eleven year old scream the F word at us.
Speaker 2: We only talk to each other.
Speaker 1: We have a league we play in, so this could happen, but we already know each other.
Speaker 2: We'd fight because we knew each other.
Speaker 1: This guy is on and she looked for people to play, and he's now facing an attempt to murder. Charge what because he's on? And he got into a fight and then he's like, I'm coming to get you and he flew to Florida.
Speaker 2: No way, No, and he attacked a fellow gamer with a hammer.
Speaker 1: Okay that who had never met in person, and he flew to confront the victim. The incident is believed to have originated from an online altercation. The suspect, Edward King, twenty years old, allegedly gained entry into the victim's home through an unlocked door, wearing all black clothes, gloves and a mask, attacked him with a hammer, and when the victim got up from gaming to use by the way, this is the kid when he gets there. They're kids, they're nineteen twenty years old. When he gets there, the person's on their video game already, so they pay attention, goes and starts whacking them with a hammer.
Speaker 4: This is terrible.
Speaker 1: The victim round the same age head wounds and they booked him in jail.
Speaker 2: It didn't say what they were fighting about, like did you stow my shield?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know if it's that or the sports game, but I don't feel like sports gamers go and hit each other with hammers and fly across the country.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 6: There are some crazy fights on those games, though, like the argue about the dumbest things, and it's like I will beach, do I will beat you? And they say stuff like that, like do I will come over and beat you? Oh yeah, where do I live? You don't know where I lived?
Speaker 2: Where people live?
Speaker 4: Well, because did they have their real names or don't y'all have user names?
Speaker 2: That are.
Speaker 4: They?
Speaker 2: But my username is like mister Bobby Bone. So I don't know. I don't know how I found them.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you can find anybody if you'd that's from ABC News.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the reason to keep people from gaming.
Speaker 1: I think it's reason to say, don't share your public information, as in, don't put it in your profile. And also it's not that important. Just push off on your system because next thing you know, you left your door on lock. Some dudes coming to it from New Jersey bust ahead with a hammer.
Speaker 7: And what's crazy is this video game is going to be discontinuing in the United States this Thursday because there's not enough players.
Speaker 2: So if it would have just waited a week, man, this would have never happened. They were the only two on it.
Speaker 4: Was there a hammer involved in the video game?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I never saw what the game was. It's called arch Age.
Speaker 7: And the person that did in the beating said the guy was a really bad person online.
Speaker 2: That's why I did it. If it's Donkey calling, I'll get it. They have a hands and.
Speaker 8: Hair wake up, Wake up in the mall. It's on the radio and the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 8: Here ready, lunchbox mor get through a sea, bred out of trying.
Speaker 2: To put you through the fog. He's running.
Speaker 5: It's Wig's next Red the.
Speaker 4: Bobby's on the box, So you know.
Speaker 2: What this is.
Speaker 1: About?
Speaker 2: It all time for the new Bobby's.
Speaker 1: I saw crazy Talent. Singer Shifty shell Shock has died of forty nine. We're shifty kind of the spiky hair, and they had come, my lady, Come, come, my lady.
Speaker 2: What year was that?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Forever? Nineteen forever A long time now in two thousand forever. I don't even know.
Speaker 4: Well, now that we play, what year was it? I try to keep track.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point. Wow, right on the cusp.
Speaker 1: Crazy Town singer Shifty Shifty shell Shock died on Monday, I guess yesterday. According to the news Week, he was found in his home. No cause of death has been reported at this time. Crazy Town formed in nineteen ninety five under the name The Brimstone Sluggers. Rest in peace, Shifty. It's from the Brooklyn Vegan. Fantasy sports could ruin your mental health, Oh for sure. Oh, I get so's it's a double thing. So there's a competitive part where I'm super competitive and I play in mostly just one league recently, I've played in two because I have too many friends and I try to draft the same players.
Speaker 2: You have too many friends they play fantasy, But.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get in a bunch of leagues and a bunch of people I don't know, But I get so competitive. I'm watching the games. I'm watching my scores. There's also money being bet on the fantasy. It ruins entire days because that lasts for an entire day, like the games are still going.
Speaker 2: You keep track of it all day long. You're what nothing.
Speaker 1: There's not really a high from a win, but there is defeat and anger from a loss.
Speaker 6: See mine is I feel like a loser all week if I lost that week. Oh, it's fantasy exactly.
Speaker 2: And we know why. We're stupid.
Speaker 1: But that does not keep us from doing and saying and reacting in stupid ways. But this is a study that says fantasy actually affects players, well being players of the games, not the actual players who are playing the games. Us, yes, us challenging the notion that is purely a harmless form of entertainment. Perhaps most strikingly, the study found that people who were playing fantasy, not the actual game, spend more time managing their teams, they're in multiple leagues, they have finan Oh this is all me. Financial stakes in the games, and lowest mood of the week during a loss.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I'm telling you man all week. I hate losing fantasy.
Speaker 6: If you lose four weeks in a row, that's a whole month and you feel like a loser.
Speaker 2: Never lost four weeks in.
Speaker 1: I'm terrible. But but I can't wait for We had a fantasy expert. We have one guy that's on with us.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. I love fantasy. I love it, can't get enough of it.
Speaker 1: We have a guy that's been on Ferrosidiki who has runs a big fantasy website.
Speaker 2: He comes on with this every year. His first appearance on twenty five Whistles was.
Speaker 1: Friday, And so that's how we know we're getting back in the fantasy mode. We don't have fantasies about like women, No, we have not anymore. Who are gonna draft first? Who we're gonna draft?
Speaker 4: But hearing that does it make you want to just limit yourself to know?
Speaker 1: It gets me excited. I'm ready to go because it's like an air superiority to like the win. Maybe it doesn't feel I don't really experience highs, but I experienced very much lows. I try to find more highs, right, But if you beat somebody, there's like a I'm better than you.
Speaker 2: It's like and it's not true, fantasy, it's not true because again you're getting lucky lucky.
Speaker 1: No, not really, I've never not I said, I've never not wait a week, it's lucky, but not overall micro lucky, macro not lucky.
Speaker 2: I've never not made the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I always finish, I say, I don't think I've ever not finished in the top three of any I've ever played in.
Speaker 2: But I also spend way too much time doing it.
Speaker 6: I mean, once the league starts, you can make trades with other people. That's where Bobby gets real good because you start tricking people and like you go offline. Hey, you want to go to dinner and the next thing, really, what's the tactic?
Speaker 2: Next thing? You know you don't have in the relationship.
Speaker 4: Wait, so explain this. What do you do you get people to You distract people?
Speaker 2: It's anyway business, you don't distract. It's like, what's up? Body? Like he wants to go play golf?
Speaker 5: Some golf?
Speaker 2: I get this round. Hey, how are you feeling about that?
Speaker 1: That third round picks? You know, it's like you need a business. I love Fantasy Man. Second lottery ticket of the year earns him six million dollars.
Speaker 2: Second like it's the second when he bought all.
Speaker 1: Year infrequent player, he says, went to a seven to eleven scratch. Take it off one six million dollars. That's from UPI. Congratulations. Scientists think we may be zeroing in on a cure for baldness. Yes for the one million times. This time they're looking into how hair follicles might get stressed. Researchers unexpectedly discovered the Lincoln A lab where they were testing a drug to see if it boosted human scalp para follicles and a dish and it really wasn't what they were doing, but they found it. Your hair looks great today, by the way, it's the best it's ever looked. Really, How you have the couple little hairs down on your forehead.
Speaker 2: I did that on purpose. Look, tell me that doesn't look the best it's ever looked. With Eddi's fate new fake care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a little high today. He proofed it.
Speaker 2: You know you guys said it was flat the other day, so.
Speaker 1: You weren't headphones. But I'm saying it's not a full butt crack. Sometimes you had it called like a butt crack, and I get it. You haven't had hair in ten years. Sure, I don't know what I'm doing. Really it looks I would say today it's the peak, like really peaked.
Speaker 2: It looks great.
Speaker 3: I would say, go find between the smushdown version in today's high version.
Speaker 4: Meet in the middle.
Speaker 2: Well, once he takes his headphones off and he goes on on and off with them.
Speaker 1: Sure, he hasn't really understood yet how to put headphones on.
Speaker 2: He has had to deal with hair in fifteen years. So what's the deal. Do you think you'll keep it after the month?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see it looks so good?
Speaker 4: Do want?
Speaker 3: She's not allowed to like it, okay, but either way she so you're saying he should just keep it because secretly, deep down she's like, oh I like this.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying I think people give him the benefit of the doubt. This is a world. It's not fair because I've never been one of the pretty ones. If you're pretty, you get benefits. If you have hair.
Speaker 2: If you're tall, if you're we could list all the things. So if I don't have hair, i'm not pretty.
Speaker 1: Well that could be one of the factors people think is not pretty fair. I would shave your head though, completely, because then at least she looked like clean, not like just kind of what have I left it like, you know, a quarter of an inch? No, because you still have tops. Like there's a reason I wear these big, bold, dark, grim glasses. I am not a good looking man. I was not a good looking kid. I never got girls. But if I wear these glasses, they're so thick it takes some of the you know what you're like, Well, let's look at his face. Wep, can't get to the facepit and all the time looking at the glasses.
Speaker 2: That was part of the reason.
Speaker 1: And so as some one who's also not known for their physical looks. It is a pretty person's world. If pretty person ugly person are interviewing for the same job with the same exact resume, who do you think it's the job?
Speaker 2: It's not fair the pretty person really not the more educated.
Speaker 1: Or if two dudes go in for an interview and one is six two and one's five to nine.
Speaker 2: Even if it's not purposeful, the taller person gets the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 1: It is not fair, not fair and all that to say, keep your hair, keep your fake hair, your hair system.
Speaker 6: It looks fake hair, because now I'm like, ah, it's fake again.
Speaker 1: Well though, I'm letting listeners know we're talking about if they missed it.
Speaker 2: Eddie.
Speaker 1: She came in and shaved his head and then put a hair system on which I would have called a two pay.
Speaker 2: But it's so much better than a two pegg. You look a plus.
Speaker 6: Because that's what I struggle with calling it fake because it is fake. It's not real. Oh let's real human hair though, that is. But I just think like, oh my gosh, I got fake hair on my head. I feel so weird. I have fake claw.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing a hat right now. This is like a Northwest Arkansas minor League baseball team. I'm are in a hat, but you're not acting like that's part of your head.
Speaker 2: Who cares.
Speaker 1: We all wear something on our heads look feel better, okay. Experts say you can hurt yourself sneezing, Yeah, no crap, oh yeah, And the older you get, the easier.
Speaker 4: It is, like I have to brace myself for a sneeze.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: My allergies are so bad today that I woke me up at like two thirty this morning. I never could go back to sleep. It's not coming down my face and I was like sneezing. The most common thing to injure is your back while sneezing.
Speaker 2: Yep. There are also less common injuries.
Speaker 1: There are cases of people fracturing bones around their eyes from sneezing. What basically they're saying, don't hold your nose right, because if you hold your nose, you can sneeze and hurt your back, no doubt, because that is just a your body's being jarred. But if you hold your nose, that pressure's got to come out somewhere.
Speaker 6: But that's mostly like if you're trying to hold it back, like like if you're speaking or something, you're like, oh, you hold your nose like you guys, just let it rip and then you're fine.
Speaker 3: Well, and I assume y'all know this too. The best place to sneeze is into your elbow.
Speaker 2: They called it a vampire snags.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because just I mean, germ wise, because there's been af you sneeze if you cup your hands and sneeze. Then it's on your hands. Well it's just in the moment. That's your best option to get to avoid bacteria on your hands.
Speaker 1: A bride in a groom are walking down the aisle. The wedding is perfect. They have candles all lining up the aisle, except they catch on fire.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they were walking down the aisle and you know the bride's dress, it's kind of like Eddie's hair just flowing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's all fabric.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I mean you roll over that flame? What happened?
Speaker 5: What did they do?
Speaker 2: They stopped dropping?
Speaker 1: They did the flame suddenly sparked, momentarily engulfing the bride and groom. Everyone was fine and they ended up still getting married. I think they just had to, like they were smoking, jump on it and pat it down.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: Litt is on the Bobby Cast this week. Lit is Donna nut dun dun dun dun dun dun dunna dun dun dun.
Speaker 2: Dun dun du. Can't we forget about things? I said, well, I.
Speaker 1: Was drunking that song, so it's to call you back, call you that, But I don't know lyrics.
Speaker 2: No, you did, right, let's call you that. Okay, I did it mean to call you back. That is kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Uh. They it's two brothers. They have two other band mats too, but it's two brothers. Oh yeah, those two dudes brothers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't know that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, gosh, they looks so different. They not really really. Yeah, they book boned and they looked like rock stars for sure.
Speaker 1: So they came over to the house and they talked about how the song blew up, but they didn't really feel the effects because there wasn't social media in the early two thousands and they're just on the road.
Speaker 5: But it was number one for eleven weeks. It was bizarre.
Speaker 9: But we were on the tour so much that we didn't really know what was happening back then.
Speaker 10: You're gonna remember there's no social media, so you're on the radio and you're on MCV, but we're not monitoring not only ourselves but other artists. You're not able to say, you know, unless you go to the show. You meet people there occasionally, but you're not like as accessible. So I think you start noticing when you go to the mall, you know, and you have a day off on tour and you're like, oh, I got to go get some socks or whatever, and then people recognize you from MTV because it was a bigger deal. It was no YouTube that kids went on from school and like we're glued to TRL.
Speaker 2: It was so cool.
Speaker 1: So we spent an hour talking at the house and they were leaving it. Eddie was at the house and you saw them, right, you stop.
Speaker 2: Talking a little bit.
Speaker 1: Eddie always catches some interviews on the way out because we're just starting to work out. It's great so that he gets to like do all the bonding in like one minute. I've spent an hour sweating my brains out trying to get good stuff from them.
Speaker 6: And then I always invite them to work out, like hey, byby and not about to work out.
Speaker 2: You guys want to stay and do a little bit. It's my favorite Amy.
Speaker 1: It's can we forget about the things I said when I was drunk?
Speaker 2: I did mean to call you that? What's an excelle?
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't mean to call you that, Ken, did you forget close?
Speaker 4: Give me home? I can't remember all the things.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what was said or what you threw with me. Please tell me, Please tell me.
Speaker 4: The car is in the front yard boom and sleeping with mcclos on.
Speaker 2: Boom good.
Speaker 4: I came in through your window.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're gone back in a second.
Speaker 1: We were talking about a painting that was founded a bus stop and that painting ended up being worth millions of dollars and sold it selling it an auction.
Speaker 2: It's like some like a remember I don't even remember. It's like an hour ago.
Speaker 1: Here's another story, and this is a flea market story where a guy goes to a flea market and buys some old concert footage. It was an eight millimeter film and it's of the Aussie band Hunters and Collectors. He buys it for eleven dollars and it's actually really close up footage of the Beatles.
Speaker 2: What it's never been seen before. What that's crazy.
Speaker 1: There's footage been playing Love Me Do. The person shooting the concert was on stage. It's going to be worth a lot of money. Oh, he's got no idea. He was buying concert footage of Hunters and Collectors for eleven dollars.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Why is it called Hunters and Collector? That's a band. It was a band from back in the day, but and they were playing with the Beatles or I.
Speaker 7: Don't know that someone just mislabeled it obviously, and.
Speaker 1: They both could have been and who knows, but that he was just buying that what on probably gonna be worth hundreds of.
Speaker 2: Thousands, if not a million dollars. That's so cool. Who even has a machine to check that exactly? I guess a film machine? Oh yeah, projector. I used to have a projector used to you know what I do.
Speaker 1: I sent it a Legacy box and I'd be like, hey, Legacy box, let me get this AUSSI band the hunters and collectors and.
Speaker 2: Want to check it out.
Speaker 6: All of a sudden, I get back this Beatles footage. And when people don't realize the Beatles only tour. They only played live for a two years or something, very little time, and then they stopped touring. All they was just make albums. Really yeah, so that's why this is so so rare. Why was that they didn't they didn't like the tours.
Speaker 1: And like you look at the Beach Boys, who weren't as big as the Beatles, but they would while they were gone touring, they would have people record albums for them, Musicians, other musicians do all the recording. Then the singer would come back and do that, and then he would lay it down and the band wouldn't.
Speaker 6: By the time the band would get to the studio, everything was done.
Speaker 2: All they had to do was sing wow dang. So the other people in the band that kind of sucks for them, huh.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Session players like great players like Glenn Campbell known, you know, like big country icon, like he was one of the Wrecking Crew and he would play that music and they were so good that they would play that music for a lot of people. These bands would go out and tour and then we get back to the records done. Basically, they just hop on and do some vocals. Yeah, that's wild. Wild, I've never known that. We were talking earlier about a guy who proposed and got a big fat noa in front of a bunch of people.
Speaker 2: We talked about public proposals.
Speaker 1: So this story is ladies, if you want your man to at a ring on it, here's a tip for relationship experts. The best strategy is blank amy. How do you get a guy to propose except I'm pregnant?
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: One doesn'tcount, does account account I don't do that. That does account no, plus how you get him to do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah. Do you bring it up slowly? Do you drop him?
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess that's just the natural progression of the relationship, Like what are we doing? I don't know that I would be good at getting someone to propose to me, like I would want them to do it on their own.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's a natural but you're exactly right. I don't think there's a natural progression with a guy. A guy either wants to do it super quick, too quick, or wait too long. Because if you're depending on a guy just to use his compass to figure out when it's time to get me, nine times out of ten, you're gonna be set sorely disappointed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so okay, what are.
Speaker 2: The best strategy is? Don't bring it up?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: This is what it says.
Speaker 1: However, and I do have a couple points I'd like to make, specifically Raymond do and Eddie they say leave the topic alone altogether. It's reverse psychology. Men, just like women, don't want to be manipulated. Many husbands admit that one of the biggest factors in proposing to their wives was a lack of badgering from the current wife. Oh, so Raymundo took you how long to propose? Six years later? And so Ray's last name is Slater? So that he did a whole hashtag? You just could have said, son, I have to explain that. But so, why'd you wait so long? I don't think I waited too long.
Speaker 11: I mean, right now, I feel like if I just got engaged or married, that would feel too late. At the time, it seemed like the right It was the sweet spot. All my friends were just about proposing, just about getting married.
Speaker 2: That's what I did.
Speaker 1: It. Six years is a long time. Unless you start dating at like nineteen, then you could probably do that. But how old were you when you better?
Speaker 11: Oh it's when we twenty fourteen, married in two thousand twenty So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wait, how old were better?
Speaker 2: Whatever that mean?
Speaker 11: Is so ten years ago and I'm so twenty eight? Okay, Eddie, Now you were younger.
Speaker 2: But how you and your wife were together for? How long? We were together for about five years? And did you just come to natural progression?
Speaker 6: No, no chance I would do. We were just dating. I was having a good time. We were like just you know, boyfriend and girlfriend. We go out together and whatever, just loving life, and then all of a sudden she comes out and says like, look, if you're not going to ask me to marry, ask me to marry you, Like, I'm out, Like you gotta just hooper, get off the pot.
Speaker 2: And what was your reaction reaction?
Speaker 1: I would have felt a challenge and threatened, and that wouldn't have been I would have reacted in a way that wouldn't have been healthy.
Speaker 2: What did you do? I was like marriage, I never thought about that.
Speaker 3: Five years into dating and you never.
Speaker 6: Thought about it, no once, And I think like, oh, we'd get married, have kids, Like no, I was just living in the moment. And then but it's like the light went off right and I was like, you know what if she's gonna leave, I don't want to lose her because I really really love her.
Speaker 1: So I guess this is why you can't. You can't just let it go. You can let it go for a while, but if it's never brought up, then you have to come in and go boundary.
Speaker 3: So I need to meet other men like this that never crossed their mind, because surely in the six years Ray, in those six years did marriage cross your mind?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It did, but you really never could afford it?
Speaker 4: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 11: Or I thought, if I get engaged, Billy's single, how are we gonna go on vacations together?
Speaker 4: Your best friend?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, so he wasn't that serious.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I know, but it crossed his mind, like.
Speaker 2: Any Billy's vacation plans kept him from proposing.
Speaker 6: And what can't you afford if like your the wife's parents are going to pay for everything?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 5: The ring.
Speaker 11: I didn't pay for the ring until it was almost married. Boaz was texting, He's like, I need the money.
Speaker 1: So you got the ring and just didn't pay for it. Yeah, I never paid for it. Were you doing like we had a Zeal's card when we were young. It's all way that we could that, you know, my stepdad would be able to get my mom anything.
Speaker 2: Did you ever like put it on a plan.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they hooked up some stuff at Genesis, but I still had to pay a significant amount of money that I couldn't afford.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I forgot about the ring. Yeah, but then you can afford to be married.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can't afford the exact diamond that you feel like would be appropriate for your girl, but you.
Speaker 3: Can afford to get married when my sister's has been proposed. They were so young and he just kind of did it on a whim ish and he went to James Avery and got a forty dollars band and proposed with that.
Speaker 4: It's like, if it's what you want, you figure out a way to do it.
Speaker 2: Did he ever get a real ring or.
Speaker 4: Just eventually they Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 2: If it's what you want, you don't go. I couldn't afford it, you don't go.
Speaker 4: I never thought about it that it's a song diamond or twine.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a good one. It's a good one. It's a good one.
Speaker 1: Okay, boys, thank you for your Yeah. Man, that's that stories from female first. Obviously, I'm just got him and Billy can go on vacation together because now you guys are cool. Right, Yeah, Billy married?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, did he go third will?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He actually is. Or do you just not vacation with Billy anymore? No? He just did. He came to Nashville third Wheell.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we have Pep and Joy stuff up. We would love for you guys to be a part of this. We're trying to build a home for a hero. And so Sergeant Daniel Beasting was on the show with us. He goes, he has all these injuries, he has this crazy PTSD from serving not only the Middle East, but from like hurting his body while working with Miltrney in Alaska. Then he gets a house bill for him because of all of his needs and because he served, and then a hurricane comes and demolishes his house, the one they built specifically for him. This is Sergeant Daniel Beasting talking about that.
Speaker 7: Then we got hit with Hurricane Ian.
Speaker 12: It kind of perched right off the coast there and we sat in the in the eye wall for about ten hours and it really just did a number.
Speaker 2: On our house. Yeah, we can't live in it.
Speaker 5: Trying to figure out what we're going to do.
Speaker 1: So we're trying to make enough money to buy them and build them a house to their needs, his needs, specifically who served our country. So Bobbybones dot Com, our pimp and joy line is up. It's very American. I think if you get it today, you can still get it in time for the fourth of July. We would love for you guys to be a part of this. We don't keep any of the money. We keep no money, zero dollars bobbybones dot com. If you guys want to be a part of this, we appreciate that got pulled over and cop woo hit me with the blues. So pulled over its daytime, pulled over somewhere super safe. I keep my hands up on the wheel, very respectful, because I know every time an officer pulled someone over, their life.
Speaker 2: Is at risk.
Speaker 1: So the officer, you know, is back there for a second, typing on his computer, probably seeing if I'm crazy or not, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, checking the warrants.
Speaker 2: Sure, it walks up.
Speaker 1: And he said, uh, I forget the question, But I said, yeah, I said I was speeding. I just kind of jumped at that because I didn't know that. I figured, I why a gonna pull me over? But why do you convict yourself like that? Well, I said I might said I was probably speeding. I jumped kind of early, and he said, yeah, you're going ten over And I said, well, I deserve a ticket.
Speaker 3: How would you do that so that it was a warning ticket or a ticket ticket, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I just knew I deserved a ticket. Was he like, you don't tell me what to do. That's funny.
Speaker 1: I think nine over we're told is, but even that, I don't know that that's true.
Speaker 2: I think five overs, like I's for sure, okay, guys, it's speed limit.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, But no one gets a ticket for one over. They could, though they could, they could. I've never heard of somebody getting a ticket for one over. Maybe they do, never heard of in my life. I think I should probably pay attention. And when he pulled me over, I knew it was my fault. And as soon as he comes up, I think I said I was probably speeding. I deserve a ticket. First thing gotut of my mouth because I just I feel bad the cops have to pull people over and be in that situation where somebody could.
Speaker 2: Pull on them, yeah, because they don't know what's happening in that car.
Speaker 1: And also I'm like, I'm embarrassed being pulled off, and my wife is sitting next to me, and she's got to be thinking, what a loser I've married, Because there's just like a power loss when a cop pulls you over because you're now his little bee. Yeah, because it was a dude cop, like for lack of better words, he owns me right then I'm his yes, sir, Like every bit of like strength and masculinity and honor of the fan is gone.
Speaker 2: Because I'm his bee.
Speaker 4: I say this with So.
Speaker 2: I was trying to get out and so I was just trying to move on.
Speaker 3: But were you oozing that before he pulled you over? The like oozing the manlys and strength.
Speaker 2: I don't ever oose. It just kind of comes out.
Speaker 1: So I also, I'm like, give me the tickets when can get out here and kind of fight, but get some of my masculinity back.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: He was super cool and he said, you were doing ten, We're not given we're pulling people over today, just to let him know if you were doing fifteen over, we probably would have given you a ticket.
Speaker 2: So here's your warning.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: What I wonder is because I feel like ten, that's I should have got a ticket.
Speaker 2: That's on me for sure. That's what I wonder.
Speaker 1: I wonder what the because we've talked to cops and they've given us different rules about if it's five seven nine, maybe it depends what kind of car. Maybe if the person gives them a lip. I gave him reverse lip, inverted lips did.
Speaker 6: He laugh at you when you said that. I feel like that catches them off guard a little bit, like huh.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that also was a reason I didn't get a ticket, because I kept my hands up and I said I was probably speeding. I deserve ticket. I throw myself at the mercy of the officer. There's no way they hear that ever.
Speaker 4: I mean sometimes when you're going to eighty.
Speaker 2: And they pull you over, they're probably like, you know, I pulled you because I was going eighty?
Speaker 1: Didn't We talk about a story though, where they say you can't ask anymore?
Speaker 2: Do you know why I pulled you over?
Speaker 4: In one state I think in Colorado or something in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Or people were incriminating themselves. They're like, you can't because I murdered someone, right, Yes, I know you saw me. You saw me rob the bank And he's like, no, your tail I was out, Yeah, And all of a sudden he get rested. That's so funny.
Speaker 1: What do we think? What do we think happened there? Do we think because it was it was like a nice day too, Do we think they were pulling people over giving him little warnings all day? Because that's what I got a verbal warning. Do we think he was shocked by my extreme respect and admission of guilt and throwing myself at the mercy of the court.
Speaker 2: Which one of those do we think or do? Or was I not going fast enough to really get a ticket because I was doing ten? I feel like that's fascinating.
Speaker 3: I think the admission in the that's got to do something for them where they're like, oh, okay, well he was recognizing what he did wrong, Like, I feel bad now that he's owning it.
Speaker 4: I don't want to give him a ticket.
Speaker 1: And I really didn't know I was speeding because it was a road that is probably faster and I don't speed.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know me, I'll hold traffic up.
Speaker 6: So but as a if I were a cop and somebody made it look like they were trying to just go, I'd be like, why are you trying to just go?
Speaker 2: Like why are you saying just give me a ticket? So you're reversing the reverse? Yeah, I'm like, what are you high? Well, he said do you have any weapons on you? And you said I do not except these guns. Oh that is not a joke to make. I got called that gun gun. No, that is not a joke to make. So what do you.
Speaker 1: Think why did I not get the ticket? I'll tell you why. Go he pulled you over.
Speaker 7: He had the pad ready, he was ready for your driver's license, insurance.
Speaker 2: He's ready to write that to.
Speaker 1: He had it all to by the way, I had every bit at because I'm organized. I handed him license, registration, insurance, birth certificate. I had it all, everything, password to my Instagram, all of it.
Speaker 2: He was ready for a difficult Travis scop. Then you folded like a lawn chair. You showed how weak and meet you are.
Speaker 5: And he was like.
Speaker 1: About to the knee and he said, wow, this Bobby Bones dude, he really is.
Speaker 2: A little sissy. Didn't know I was Bobby Bones.
Speaker 5: No, he didn't.
Speaker 2: He acted like he didn't know who you were, and that I'm telling you he didn't know. I don't think he knew it. That I do the show.
Speaker 1: I don't like saying who I am because that's a weird presumptuous thing.
Speaker 2: Some celebrities and they get pulled over like you don't know who I am?
Speaker 1: Who was that hilarious when they pulled over Justin Timberlake and didn't know who he was.
Speaker 4: And Justin was like, really ruined my tour?
Speaker 2: Is world tour? Is that what he said? The cop was like twenty two? Did not know? Justin Timberlake was that's how funny is that? Ten over? Do you expect to get a ticket? A ten over?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Ten over? One percent you're getting a ticket? Yeah? I think so. I think he was telling the truth though.
Speaker 6: I think he was just kind of like, you know, when I'm having a good day, like I feel good right now.
Speaker 2: This guy's harmless, just let him go. I am pretty harmless. And I bowed to the knee quick. I mean, you give him your Instagram password. I gave him everything. What do you want name of my firstborn?
Speaker 1: Let's go, uh shout out all the police officers out there, because when you pull somebody over, it is very dangerous for you. I respect that. I know that I keep my hands on the wheel unless you tell me not to. That's why they asked you have any weapons on you? And some people say yes, and they have legal weapons, but they just want to know what they're dealing with.
Speaker 2: Right. I've never been asked if I had weapons. We don't look like something like yeah, if you're hacking, you know, lit is on the Bobby Cast this week.
Speaker 1: You would know them from down and Nun Dun dun dun dun dun dun dwn and nah dun dun dun d d.
Speaker 2: You get it.
Speaker 1: That just celebrated its twentieth anniversary. So hung out with them for an hour at my house. And here's a clip I mean talking to them about how that song almost did not see the light of day and then how once it hit it changed their career forever. Here is a little piece of the Bobby Cast. It's from litt. It's been twenty five years since My ow Worst Enemy.
Speaker 2: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: It feels like fifty years but also like three years at the same time. Totally like that song. Was it in a was it in a movie first or was it just a straight radio single that they just put out as itself. Did it then exist in every movie after that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It was a radio off quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, because for a while it was in everything, and then like five years ago it started popping up in everything again, which is really cool, cool life a song to have. So was that the first single from lit My own Worst Enemy?
Speaker 9: That was the first song that went to radio with us? So the album that was called you know Lit whatever that was before A Place in the Sun got it. So A Place in the Sun was our first major label record.
Speaker 5: Yeah, enemy was on that.
Speaker 10: We might have got a little bit of like college radio love on the album before A Place in the Sun, but yeah, I was it was minor.
Speaker 5: It was like it was building block.
Speaker 1: So Lit the record still stayed the name Lit. It was self titled. Right at that point we changed it to Tripping the Light Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yep, Okay, that's a lot different than Lit.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so is that the one though that was heard that got you guys the big looks that then created A Place in the Sun? Or was it all the music from A Place in the Sun that somebody heard and that really was it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was the new batch of songs and so who here's those? How does that work?
Speaker 5: We had a.
Speaker 9: Manager and we we were shopping and just getting turned down by everybody. Even my owners sentiment got turned out by everybody, including OURCA who ended up signing us.
Speaker 5: They turned it down the first time with what reason?
Speaker 2: Or did they not even get one? All you got back was in it?
Speaker 9: I mean back then they would just say we don't hear a hit, we don't hear a single or whatever, And two of the four songs on that demo that everyone passed on ended up being huge hits.
Speaker 2: So who heard it as it later? Was it somebody different that worked.
Speaker 5: With the radio guy at RCAA Records heard it?
Speaker 1: And at the time what was on the radio was it other rock stuff or what my years get blittery at this point? Was that sound a lot different or was that sound just growth of what was already starting to be popular because it was after the nineties grunge stuff.
Speaker 9: It was a lot different. At the time, Blink was getting big around the same time. We would tour together like a warp tour and all that. We were both kind of bubbling over. We were sort of the first, I guess alternative rock band to start kicking doors open at like pop radio.
Speaker 2: Was it boy band time?
Speaker 5: But then that was pretty huge then too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, But on alternative radio and rock radio, it was a lot of you know, it was creed and corn or chili peppers.
Speaker 2: Biscuit, biscuit corn, those guys.
Speaker 5: Wimp biscuit was coming up.
Speaker 1: Moby oh yeah, Moby dang mob in a long time, I mean that's when M and M was like an alternative Yeah, yeah, you know why because it was white?
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy?
Speaker 1: I mean so, and I worked in pop radio forever, worked in alternative radio. So did you guys get we'll say service to alternative radio first? Were they like, you're a rock band, we're taking the rock band to the rock stations, or were they going this is so universal, like we believe we're going to pop.
Speaker 2: Where did that go?
Speaker 1: Pop wasn't really messing with a lot of rock, so it wasn't so it killed it at rock first, alternative before Yeah.
Speaker 9: It kind of went to pop because it was so big and it didn't have anywhere else to go. But at first it was it was alternative rock and like whatever they called the other one active rock. Sure, it was all rock at first, and so you would.
Speaker 1: Be on those festivals. Did you guys do any of those the Woodstocks we.
Speaker 5: Did ninety nine, the one everyone's talking about now.
Speaker 2: The one that all the crap went wrong?
Speaker 1: Well, what was it as bad as the documentary shows.
Speaker 2: With what you guys saw? No, we saw because there was no water.
Speaker 1: I mean from what I saw, it was like everybody was like dying of thirst and everything was burning down.
Speaker 2: That wasn't your experience.
Speaker 10: We got in and out first day, so we just I mean it was it was awesome for us.
Speaker 9: We were on tour with Offspring at the time, and so both bands played day one and then we kind of when all hell broke loose at Woodstock, we were already like two shows later, you know, playing amphitheaters and you in the summit.
Speaker 1: That would have been good for the documentary. You got the stories kind of fun and boring. You're like, yeah, we had a great time. It was awesome.
Speaker 9: I mean, we know there was there was a lot of shenanigans going on, but it wasn't like, yeah.
Speaker 1: From what the theme of that that documentary was, uh, because I remember part and again, I was a big alternative kid. I was like country of marketsas so country music talked about where I was from, but alternative music talked about what I felt.
Speaker 2: And I was the first generation of Napster.
Speaker 1: So when Napster hit, like I would just hit the letter L, download every song that started the letter L in every format, and just have the ability. At the time, I thought was my rightfule I deserved every song for free. I'm an idiot because we all thought that, or least I thought that. But you know, it was a download streaming kid. I was also a CD kid. I was also a tape kid, so I was able to have really all of that type of culture. I guess the only thing I missed was Vinyl. But was a big alternative kid. And so when they showed that festival and they would show the front like all the bands playing it, it seemed like a pretty aggressive, harder rock festival than maybe what the original was.
Speaker 2: Did you guys feel that at all? Or was that just the music of the time.
Speaker 1: Was it just like this is ninety nine or ninety six, This is just what's popular right now more than it is we're trying to create some rock fest version two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 10: I feel like a lot of the heavier stuff came out at night. But there were some you know, Elvis Costel actually played. I didn't get to see him.
Speaker 2: Like Jewel played too.
Speaker 9: I think there were cool and like Cheryl Crow and it was like g Love and Special Saw.
Speaker 5: I mean it was but the big.
Speaker 9: Ones where you know, your corn and limp biscuit and chili peppers, and you know, we were playing a lot of big radio festivals in those days, and they were all kind of like they all had a lot of those same bands, which really is kind of hasn't been like that since there was massive, massive artists on these radio festivals back then. Still probably now more so in pop, but I mean, just an alternative.
Speaker 5: Back then, it was wild.
Speaker 9: The bands that we got to play with, we were huge fans of, and it was it was it was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: When my own worst enemy was starting to cross over, they said, Hey, we're gonna this thing's going to cross over.
Speaker 2: It's so big.
Speaker 1: Was it like a rocket ship or was it a much slower process where you were just kind of like living it week to week watching the crowd slowly get bigger.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 10: I would say it was the closest thing to a rocket shit ship I've seen since.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I was, I saw, you know. I always kind of feel like it was a summer hit, and it was. But it was number one for eleven weeks.
Speaker 2: That's unheard of.
Speaker 9: But it went number one in like six or seven weeks from the time it came out in January. It was like by March it was a number one hitting. It carried to the summer, so it was bizarre. It was bizarre, but we were on the on tour so much that and visiting radio stations every day. But and like we heard that it was number one, but you know, we didn't really know what was happening.
Speaker 10: I think it happened too back then. You got to remember there's no social media. So you're on the radio and you're on MTV, but no one's like we're not monitoring not only ourselves but other artists. You're not able to you know, unless you go to the show. You meet people there occasionally, but you're not like as accessible. So I think you start noticing when you go to the mall, you know, and you have a day off on tour and you're like, oh, I got to go get some socks or whatever, and then people recognize you from MTV because it was a bigger deal.
Speaker 5: It was no YouTube.
Speaker 10: Like kids went from school and like we're glued to TRL because that's the only time they're going to see these artists in their new music videos. And so we got to sort of watch that explode and how it affected our you know, people recognizing us because it was like the late night TV and.
Speaker 2: First big TV show. We're like this is crazy.
Speaker 1: We get to go beyond such and such show which one yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that or Conan.
Speaker 1: I can't remember of what was that like the first time.
Speaker 10: That was like, put me in front of one hundred thousand people, no problem, put me in it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 10: Imagine it was like it's lighting like this, and it's it's forty degrees.
Speaker 2: You're just shivering.
Speaker 5: You're just like, damn, does it have to be this cold.
Speaker 2: They're like, yep, Bobby Bones show up today.
Speaker 7: This story comes up from North Miami Beach, Florida. A thirty four year old woman was eating an eye hop with her kid when her kids started crying and kind of complaining. A table two over started snickering and pointing, like, man, that baby won't shut up. So the woman got up with the syrup started hitting the teenagers over the head with the syrup bottle.
Speaker 2: Oh bois and berry.
Speaker 4: Probably I thought she was gonna pour the syrup on them.
Speaker 2: But I think any of that is bad. She just gets up and hits them.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there was a conversation of hey, would you please stop snickering.
Speaker 2: If you don't stop snickering, I'm going to hit you in.
Speaker 1: The head with the syrup or right to the syrup, because if you are right to the syrup, there's also something wrong with her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she could have been on edge because the baby was crying, so she was having a bad day. And then they compounded that fat.
Speaker 2: And what time of the day? Did it say what time it was? Yeah, no, it could have been. But if it's an ihop fifteen pm, man, See that's my point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the baby was probably tired and.
Speaker 2: She probably had something to evening nightcap drink.
Speaker 4: So is the maple syrup? Is that there? Is that glass bottles or plastic?
Speaker 2: I would think it's plastic there, Okay, yeah, I think it's.
Speaker 1: Any places open at ten to fifteen, the bottles are going to be opened, but jener plastic.
Speaker 7: The I hop is the one with the warm, warm syrup. Denny's is not because I was there at high school two am and we asked for some warm syrup and then lady said, does this look like I hop so never.
Speaker 2: Gonna get you in the head of a bottle?
Speaker 5: Al?
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 5: I much box?
Speaker 2: That's your bonehead story of the day.
Speaker 1: We had Sergeant Daniel Beasting on the show and we were talking to him about his deployments and how long he served, and we're talking about the injuries that he's had.
Speaker 12: I broke my spine while I was in Alaska. I had to have multiple foot surgeries from my feet got deformed from all the running on concrete, nine pieces of metal in my right foot, six pieces of metal in my left foot, part of my left calf ripped off, and I've had twenty something tendon surgeries.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a bad day, oh man.
Speaker 1: So he was also talking about his lungs and how being in the Middle East they have all these fires going and he has lung damage and so we're working to build him home just for him, like made specifically to his needs. So if you go over to Bobbybones dot com, we have a very limited edition pimp and joy line that's on cell now and you can help out. All the money goes to Sargeant Daniel Beasting hats, T shirts. We have it all all sizes, and there's still a good shot that I could get here by July fourth. It's definitely not just a July fourth thing, but it's definitely Super America related.
Speaker 2: Because we're helping our heroes.
Speaker 1: We're helping our heroes build homes that they deserve, and since nobody else is gonna do it, we're gonna hop in and help. So we'd love for you to go and jump in. Get a couple of shirts if you can. We don't keep any of the money, but bobbybones dot com has all of that up there. We have few hats left. It's pretty cool. We're always proud of it. It's like our eight year in a row to do this. So help us build a home for a hero. All right, that's it, Thank you, We will see you tomorrow. Hope you have a good day. Goodbyeverybody, bobbybones dot com