Speaker 1: Welcome man, everybody to Fantasy pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three sixty five. Use that promo code leading Off bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you do. It's me Joey p. That's the Welsh. We are rested and refreshed from a fun weekend, lots of good times. Welsh's kids were active in the arts. I was supporting the arts, also supporting youth sports. Are twelve you Raiders moved on with a goal line stand. Three straight stops at the goal line in flag football. I've never seen such a thing and unbelievable victory. I'm still fired up. Goosebumps. Welsh, still the goosebumps. Yesterday it was an exciting day.
Speaker 2: I could see him. Yeah, they're on camera right now.
Speaker 1: What was the exciting time? I also see sixty comments in the chat before we even get going today. So welcome Peanuts and cracker Jacks. It's good to see all of you here in the chat. Welsh. Some good, the bad, and the ugly of the Major League Baseball this weekend. Juan Soto forearm, Let's start there, because when last we left you. Juan Soto's health was in peril, and it might still be in peril now he is. He is day to day with a forearm injury. Now he might be going to the IOL. We haven't ruled it out. He might be Okay, we haven't ruled it out. Trent Grisham was getting the start in case anybody cares about that, but Welsh the Yanks get a win yesterday. Obviously We'll get to Garrett Cole in a second. That's the other big Yankee news. A lot of Yankee centric stuff lately. But again it feels like the worst is not the scenario so far. So how do you kind of take this Wan Soto stuff right now? Do you think he is going to go on?
Speaker 2: They?
Speaker 1: I say yes, what's say you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I think the most likely situation would be though, kind of like why not do it? But they can retroactively put him on during God I think it was Saturday's scheme. Garrett Cole was being interviewed. It was, yeah, that's right. It was the day before the Summerset game and Soto is in the dugout, good spirits, messing around, laughing, cheering. You can kind of take like that could be a guy that doesn't hit the eel at all. But no matter what it is, whether it's he rests for a couple more days or he hits the eel and it's retroactive, it's not going to be a lot. I think he's clearly, you know, he dodged a major bullet here. He's gonna be fine. And then that does put a big question into a lot of what we discussed. What about Jason Dominguez. You know, they were rolling out the Trent Grishams and the you know, Verdugo's obviously locked in there, So what does that do? And it does kind of put like a shoulder shrug of I don't know, because all Jason Dimingez continues to do is dominate the minor league. He's just killing Triple A again, So I don't know if his potential return is going to be tied at all to one Soto. At this moment, it kind of seems like they really are pressing Dimnez down a little bit right now. So you know, I still say it's a great speculative ad until we have a little bit more clarity, but it might not amount to anything in the near future.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of games so far and at bats for tamingas you know. So right now we's up to let's see four in a ball, ten at double A and five so far at Triple A.
Speaker 2: Almost twenty ams.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know if I mean that's that's barely spring training, right I mean, that's kind of in that range. So I mean, look, he is crushing ball triple A ist in five hundred right now. So certainly a guy that looks like he is, he's ready. So that's the good news if you're the Yankees, is if God forbid there is a problem, maybe you do bring up Tamingos. Maybe he does have a good week or two in him and Sodo gets healthy because you need Sodo for October. So don't be surprised if, regardless of whatever you're hearing or seeing right now, that he still goes on the aisle anyway. Garrett cole four and a third innings, one run in the rehab starts struck out four sitting around at ninety five range. Max Schuur's are also four shoutout innings for him taking the ball for Triple A on Sunday. So both of these guys we could get back sooner than later. I think Surezer will beat him back. That's my instincts Welsh, but Cole another good star art. What do you want to take out of these two reap starts for these two potential aces of their respective staffs.
Speaker 2: Actually wouldn't be surprised if these guys are on the exact same timeline, like right there. I mean, if sure there's only going four, you're gonna need at least one more. I think we've already speculated that we're going to get one more out of coal, and then he's going to come up. I think we'd call it the week of you know, whatever it is is seventeenth or because he's going to have that one more, which I think would line up till like Friday. But I think it's encouraging. I think every owner that has their share, whether you paid the high price early or you've got that major discount, this is a great time because he's gonna step I really truly believe he's going to step right back into all of it. Though, the only thing that is on my mind though is what truly will happen to Luis Heel in this situation. I have someone that I respect in their thoughts of it say that they actually think that heel could be moved to the bullpen when Garrett Cole gets activated, which I think would be wildly over dramatic. But you know, he's like thirty something innings away from his cap. I tend to want to be very pollyanna about the situation and say, you know what, I get it, but this guy is the second best pitcher on your roster.
Speaker 1: On yeah, do you want him to be starting games in October or do you want him starting games in July?
Speaker 2: But if you really care about the innings, I'm not even sure it's gonna be about that. Like, is it gonna be like if you put him to the bullpen now, then you're taking away that. I don't think you're taking away the big innings.
Speaker 1: I don't even think it's bullpen. I think he gets sent down. It becomes when he's three inning pitchers like the Max Myers of the world. That's what I think really happens. And that's gonna piss everybody right there.
Speaker 2: It's gonna piss me off because I feel like I'm the only defender.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong in your defense of it, but I think what it comes down to is the Yankees are looking long term the season and long term with heel, So what what are they doing? I mean, we're when he hits one hundred innings, he's gonna turn into a pumpkin here and I do think you're gonna see him become these three inning pitchers and then eventually they'll ramp him back up and hopefully by September you get him back up and around making last, you know, four starts of the year. That's your best path, barring anything disasters happened.
Speaker 2: It's tough. It's tough because every human being has taken the He's the ultimate cell. My only problem is I think it's gone so far that I can't. I don't think that makes sense anymore, Like it makes more sense to buy him because every human being is like you go to sell them his The way he is performing what he is providing you is so elite of elite.
Speaker 1: I know that's also un sustainable. I mean, he's not gonna picture a five four era, I mean a point five to four era like he did the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: Like, that's not gonna well, but I'm not betting on that. But if you're betting on a low three high two ERA with one of the better strikeout ratios in baseball and more maintain walks. He's like a top twenty s P. So it's like, I wish to take that off the market.
Speaker 1: I wish it didn't come to this. It's just it's the business of baseball, Welsh, and I just think it has us all trying to be more realistic. And you are right, but the unwritten rules of baseball tell us now that he's going to the minor leagues and he is going to be a three.
Speaker 2: I don't believe he's going to the minor leagues, and I really truly I see.
Speaker 1: I think the problem is you want to keep this guy on routine. You want to keep him healthy, you want to keep him normal. Move him to the bullpen having been pitched sporadically, I think is a disaster.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong about that, you know what, You're not that the scenario makes sense. I'm just I'm gonna live in this bubble that they are going to continue to let he'll pitch through July and then they're gonna come to terms of that whatever that is in August, whether that is we can't have him as a starter because we're so worried about these innings and now he's bullpen or you're gonna you're gonna screw him now. And this guy could be to the All Star Game, and if you move him to the bullpen now or in a week or so, I don't know. I just I find it hard to believe that they're going to take that drastic of a road. But I think it's an interesting conversation because buying the seeds of Fantasy pros, every damn tweet is you gotta sell heel, you gotta sell He'll.
Speaker 1: But a month now because I Winter was coming. But it's a great conversation. Let's let's move on to the other stuff. Here's Barry. I'm a feeling that people in my leagues have been listening to your show because every week when waivers run, they're picking up all the guys you talk about, so we've got to throw them off the scent. Well it's funny you say that, Barry, because starting this week, the trade video, the Waiver wire video are gonna be here in the show, so we're gonna be doing a segment now we're still gonna clip them off. So I hate to tell you this, but your friends are still gonna get to see them. But we want everybody to watch leading off, so we stay on the air. That's more important, Barry.
Speaker 2: You'll actually have the ability to be a day ahead, or at least, I don't know, hours ahead, before hours at least.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a good watch live, very good point. If you're watching live, there's your incentive. We'll give you the names live and then you're ahead of the game. But yes, starting this week, so so the standalone videos, you're gonna get segments in the show, just like we do prospecting with the Welsh, and you're gonna see them on the YouTube channel probably like well said a couple hours later or what have you. Let's get to some more news and notes here. We also had let's see thet is putting Kyle Tucker on the il with the shin contusion. Now, the good news about this is Joey Loprafito's coming backup and he's gonna play some Miutfield Welsh. Now, I like this, here's my tin again. I didn't make the tinfoilt I gotta make a tinfoil hot today. Joey Loperfito does not get sent back down after this, he stays up there and jose A Brew is gone after this whenever Kyle Tucker comes back. What do you think? Am I crazy? No?
Speaker 2: I mean I actually thought that was the plan, Like when Abraia went down. Luperfto is playing in the outfield. Great, let's keep him, let's keep going here. But it just isn't you know, it doesn't. Jack Myers has been playing well. I guess they have. They feel they have like a glut. Yeah. I think at some point they got to make that commitment that this is not working with a Brew and then Lupafieda Lupa Veto should be up I think rest of season. But you know what, do we know why did they send him down last time?
Speaker 1: But they sent him down because of money. They sent him down because it's like, look, we try to give this veteran the benefit of doubt. Let's give him a break, let's give him a shut down, Let's give him a restart. See if we can get him going. And can you try? You tried everything. Speaking of the astros, Jay Gris wants to know what do you think about Hunter Brown rest of season? He's had a nice turnaround lately and good thing too, because Verlander has been stinking and now Christian Hobby is out for the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with the turnaround. I think we've talked about this a week or so ago. Lance Prasdowski had talked about how it looked like Hunter Brown had added in a cutter at some portion of this year, and you're seeing the percentage up. I'm sorry, cutter, a sinker. He didn't even throw it last year, the sinker, and it's now up to around eight percent so far in the season. It's created a really low batting average. It's creating him being able to hit multiple spots in the zone. Yeah, I'm with it, and you know, I mean his fastball. He's given up over three hundred batting average against his forcing fastball, but it's gotten expected batting average down around two point fifty. So giving a different look with that sinker, I think is opening up some of this, making maybe making that splitter more effective, or that split fingers got like an almost forty percent wiff rate. I think Hunter Brown is a really solid buy right now.
Speaker 1: Continuing on here, no Astros news anymore. We're done with that. George Kirby seven innings of one run ball against the Royals on the flip side of that same game called Reagan's six innings, struck out nine, no decision for him and Jose Ramirez. His MVP odds have moved since a Soto injury, so they were plus twenty four hundred now they're plus eighteen hundred over the weekend. I still say Jose Arameras is very much in this thing. Three for five with a run score two for him. Let's get some fun things. I don't know how fun. This was just kind of interesting. So Tyler Glastow gave you twelve strikeouts yesterday, but he gave up five runs and eight hits and six innings, so kind of a mixed bag. You know, got to save yesterday. Welsh now putting the stage for saves on the pupon Genesis Carper.
Speaker 2: This is ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for us to a sage me.
Speaker 1: When you name my love show ta Imanaga. Also getting back to the winning ways. He was five and zero through his first six starts. I think, gone five straight starts without a w that streak ends. Is he already still under two and the Cubs are ten and two when he pitches? How about them? Apples welshmm hmmm.
Speaker 2: He's been great. And you know for all of my monelide, my little ten what is it the cap ten caps tenfoil tenfoil hat Mine with Showta is really just a bit about him coming back down to earth a little bit, and that's all that's happening. Like mine was never like hey, he's gonna not be good because he throws the two pitches. It's just like, no, he's gonna find some stabilization. And I think we're starting to get that. The league is kind of caught up. He's becoming a really solid top twenty sp rest of season, get some of those wins. I think it's a really good sign. Probably a buying opportunity is passed if you wanted to get back into that business. But very very solid for Imanaga, and he's gonna be one of those NL Rookie of the Year top candidates.
Speaker 1: Here's another question here from the Pizan track Cracker Jacks. Better pick up Boss or Robbie Ray in a twelve team head to head? Isay Robbie Ray?
Speaker 2: I say Boss?
Speaker 1: I said why Boss for you?
Speaker 2: Because I don't think Robbie Ray. I mean Robbie.
Speaker 1: Ray is what I read this morning. That's the target date midjely.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I think Boz is going to be up like any day. He's already been in triple A. I guess I'm worried about the full usage of Robbie Ray, Like he pitched one inning a couple of days ago and I didn't see what this.
Speaker 1: Weekend he pitched. Well, well stick stay tuned everybody for more Robbie on the show Rookie Lookie houstin Waldroup was called up seven runs, fourhads, three and two thirds. And also the nats. I know people were trying to spin this like it wasn't that bad. I don't know, Welsh I watched it.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it definitely fell apart, But I think, what the spin, and I'm with the spin a little bit as I'm trying to pull this up. The spin is because he didn't give up a hit through the first part of the order. He completely dominated through that first set, and then it did fall apart. He gave up a bunch of week contact though, I think that was thing to be really positive about, but the pitch mix kind of failed to him. He got into that walking way. That split finger is a ridiculous pitch. It really is a ridiculous pitch. If you watch it, he was throwing it at any point in the count. It had a forty two percent with rate in this game. It was awesome, But he's gonna have to learn to have full implementation in there. I actually don't think like if everybody were to give up completely on Waldrip, I would be interested if they commit to him to continue going, because I'm not sure that they used him to stretch out the starters. I'm not sure this is going to be a full long term one, but I don't know. Dude, When you see starters like this absolutely dominant to start the game, guys couldn't get on the split finger. He'd goes split finger, then fastball, and then just fall apart in that second part of the I just feel like that's something that.
Speaker 1: He could and I think this is where we lose, not we, but but Baseball lose Royal the Royal WI. Yeah, you know, he walked four guys, you had one strikeout. The results matter, Yes, certain certain metrics do also be a.
Speaker 3: Well his his uh, you know, the spin rate was quite high, and I believe that there's something other things right, Yeah, Okay, well that's fine, and maybe all that we can look into bigger sample sizes and look the sample size of Triple A.
Speaker 1: And it was very good, like he's been very good this year. But at the end of the day, it was a failure. It was a failure, and it just it was just funny to watch the Twitter verse kind of try to spin this. And I know you're excited about it, Twitter Verse, and I know the prospect nerds love this stuff. But it wasn't good. Wasn't a good start. Drew Thorpe, He's gonna get a shot from Double A. Drewthorpe was a guy who had a good spring. I tried to pick him up my league this week. I'm so mad, Welsh I lost out by a dollar. I wanted to jump off of a tall building today I couldn't. I was like, why didn't get Hi? Why did I get him eight dollars bid over my seven dollar bid? Sucks? Anyway, he is at a one thirty five y fifty six strikeout, seventeen walks and eleven starts. How aggressive should we both be on Drew Thorpe.
Speaker 2: You know you got me thinking off of that last one. If one bad outing from Hurst and Waldrop is gonna make you say that he's garbage, then you shouldn't be aggressive garbage, I said, slamming anybody's failure.
Speaker 1: I'm not see that again. I didn't say you, I said the Royal Wing and you still got hurt.
Speaker 2: No. No, But what I'm telling you is is but you. But you are taking you like oh Twitter, everyone's trying to spin it.
Speaker 1: Oh results, the trip it like it wasn't that bad. Well, it was that bad. It was the freaking Nationals. It wasn't like the Dodgers beat him around the ballpark.
Speaker 2: Okay, well this is a White Sox team. So if you can't handle Worston Waldrip in his first start, you're not gonna be able to handle Drew Thorpe as a White Sox or any pitching prospect for that matter that's left out there. But I do believe that Drew Thorpe is gonna maintain kind of like Waldrop, low hard hit contact, great change up, really difficult differential between his fastball and change up. I think he's gonna give a hitters fit, but he might get hit up some. He's not gonna have run support the White Sox so buyer. Beware, you know, by what does that start? By the way, I didn't. I don't even know who the White Sox are going. No, no, I know that, But who are they playing?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's the Braves, No, definitely not.
Speaker 1: I got to look at see the White Sox are playing. Yeah, some of the White Sox are playing the Seattle Mariners.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean they can't hit, they have no offense. There's a bunch of strikeouts. So yeah, I actually I do kind of like that start, but beware, he might give up three or four earned runs like rookie pitchers do.
Speaker 1: And he's jumping from double A. He's ever from double A. Look, I think with Thorpe you have tempered expectations because he's a White Sox. And again, I'm not saying that Waldrop is a failure. I'm saying his start was a failure. And everybody I kept looking at the internets, kept trying to tell me that it's not true, and I'm like, no, it's pretty much true. Whyat Lang for two for four with a triple he smell that Welsh smells like rookie of the year is starting.
Speaker 2: To turn just oh, because he had a triple.
Speaker 1: He he had one triple and ladies, I was gonna get a ticket, one way ticket to UH to Scranton. Right, is that where the Yankees are?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Just said in the summerset, why not just caught? They should just release Louise Heel. He's worthless now, they should cut they should send him to the Mexican Independent leads.
Speaker 1: And I was like, Scranton Wilkes, He's gonna go work in the office, Louise Heal the paper company.
Speaker 2: I've never I've that's actually, I've never wanted someone to buck the trend and become Rookie Year more than Louis Hell.
Speaker 1: Now it's a little office on the kazoo.
Speaker 2: You know, they're doing a remake, or they're not like a remake, they're doing a new it's like an in universe new Office show.
Speaker 1: It's called a spinoff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there you go, spin off. But it's like.
Speaker 1: Office isn't original. The American Office is a spin off of these.
Speaker 2: And that is that in the same universe as the Bish Office.
Speaker 1: Now it's a remake. It's an Americanized version of the BBC Office with Rookie Gervais, which is very darkly funny and very different than the American Office. And I think if you saw that one first and loved it, he had a hard time getting into the American one because that's.
Speaker 2: There's some new one that looks it looks the casting. Maybe maybe it's just you know, because we don't know them anything. Yeah, they're doing like a new thing Cranton.
Speaker 1: Heel's gonna be in scread I just want to point this out because I did some homework on this over the weekend, because for the TV show is that Gunner Henderson last year hit a buck eighty two, then he hit two twelve or whatever it was. He did nothing in April night nothing. Then he proceeded to hit five to six home runs and every other month drive in about fifteen to twenty runs every other month. And Wyat Langford is capable of that run and as great as heel is, if he a goes to the bullpen or b ends up becoming fodder at Scranton for two and a half months, guess what Wyatt Langford right now is like plus twenty five hundred for this award. I'm gonna go spike at that today as well. Three up and three down Aaron Judge twenty fourth inger of the season. Good for him. Josel two by four for five belt at his tenth homer. Speaking about two bay, I had to move this find it, uh to get at. I had no room for the Altuve.
Speaker 2: That's the greatest bobblehead I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: You know how I got this? I had a bet with ERL Cohen that Jose Altuve wouldn't hit more than twenty home runs the following season after he hit twenty four or whatever it was. And I said, you're wrong. He has more power than you realize as a strong little man. You don't respect the little guy. And uh, we made a wager, and this is what I won. I won this. This was the way.
Speaker 2: So that's the best looking seen.
Speaker 1: The Game of Thrones Altuve because he's so little on the big throne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's life size.
Speaker 1: That was mean. Threeks Google fan ten guys. That was also mean. That six to two thirds there against the Brew Crew, three down. Patrick Sandoval not so great against the Stros five runs, eight hits, five and two thirds. Verlander again no decision, four runs, seven hits and five and Ryan McMahon over four. He is now seven for fifty seven, but Verlander's the one I want to talk about. Welsh is old man. I'm finally come for Justin Ferlander because it's starting to feel.
Speaker 2: Like it, I mean from the version that he was. Yeah, he's not that like lit last Yeah, I mean, well, yeah, well it's kind of similar to last year's ish version. But looking here, he's on a five year decline on his K percentage. He's almost on a five year increase on his walk It's the second highest walk rate of his career for three year increase on his actual era and expected era. And guess what another three year increase on barrel So allah, he's giving up a bunch of barrels. He's giving up a lot more runs, he's striking out less, walking more, He's becoming inefficient. He's a mediocre pitcher. He's just a mediocre pitcher at this point. I'm not saying he's streamable, but I'm also saying, if you're in a ten team league, he's not not streamable.
Speaker 1: I don't think of the Angels have been better than people realize the times and even me, I'll take the heat on that one, but don't against the Angels, like, come on, man, like we're.
Speaker 2: Chris Sale got blasted by the A's Like things happen, but I guess do.
Speaker 1: Happen, But I think it's happening more often. And Chris Sale is still giving you like eight strikeouts.
Speaker 2: In some of those games if he gets well they used to Chris Sale and him are not even in the same territory. But to your point, his two starts this month, he's given it four earned runs and only gone five. Like he doesn't. Here's a big thing. It doesn't really look like he's able to maintain consistency across multiple starts. He has like two. It looks like it's a two start run. He can go where he can go six or seven, and then he kind of blows up again. He's on that bad run right now, going five in his last two, giving up eight earned runs and only striking out seven.
Speaker 1: So injury news negative X rays on the wrist of Alex Bregman. That's good because Bregman's been very hot the last two weeks, very hot. I just want to say, we promised Robbie ray News, We're gonna give you Robbi rainings, five strikeouts and two innings in the rehab appearance at the Arizona Complex on Saturday.
Speaker 2: So again, but that's my issue right there. It's the it's the innings one and then two, maybe three.
Speaker 1: I think the All Star break. That's when what I read today was All Star Break like that there either before or right after, and that's good. I just look, I just like Robbi Ray is a pitcher, you know, that's that's you know, Jay Boz has a lot of talent. But Robbie Rays want to cy young.
Speaker 2: I mean, well he's I think maybe better. It's a better team context to Robbie is a weird dude by the if you ever been him, he walks around and just grunts like people talk to him, and he just he doesn't say words to be I swear to god, I'm not even when he pitches or just just any day. If he's ever like.
Speaker 1: Choosers like that too. He's like you, if he's on a day where he's pitching, you don't want to go near it. He's like a real guy.
Speaker 2: But that's like on the Mariner's backfield when Ray was a Mariner, he would just he would just walk on the backfields and he just he just doesn't say words. He's such an interesting individual, but he also was not good before he got hurt, and Bob's is really good. So maybe Robbie.
Speaker 1: Did you say Robbie Ray wasn't good before he got hurt?
Speaker 2: No? No, he had inconsistencies, didn't he? Am I making that up?
Speaker 1: I remember winning a cy Young Welsh?
Speaker 2: Hey did he win a cy Young right as he got hurt? Not one or four years ago?
Speaker 1: He won the cy Young in uh twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: One, eight e R in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Hold on, it was one start. He had an ad R in his three innings.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, you had a three seven to one ERA in twenty twenty, but he struck out.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and twelve guys and you know a one point one nine whip a three seven e R in the American League West. Okay, fine, like whatever.
Speaker 2: It was fine two years ago. He was fine twenty thirteen and exploded, You're a down try or.
Speaker 1: Mad still because I said, Louis, he's going to the bullpen, and you know it's still everybody I'm Since I've said that, I feel like I've ruined his whole Monday. I feel like he's got somebody's got a case of the Monday.
Speaker 2: Hate da anybody ever tell you got a case of mondays?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Hell no, you're directing.
Speaker 1: I feel better. Jack Flaherty's not going to start tomorrow against the Nats because of the bags. We said he was and now he's not there. You go, Ty Franz goes to the IL. Ten days, we have Yoshida working his way back for the Red Sox one for four triple A. Yesterday, Robert Gasser is gonna get a third opinion because the two weren't enough. So here's the thing. So the second opinion said that he has a durability issue in the ucl SO tears. But this durability issue so he might go into surgery anyway instead of the rehab route, just because there seems to be a weakness. What do you want to do about this? Wellh I mean, this seems kind of like very cloak and dagger. I've never heard this one of you.
Speaker 2: No, well, yeah, bye bye Gasser one one doctor, shame on you, two doctors, shame on.
Speaker 1: I just shame on everyone. I got out three.
Speaker 2: I'd like to get a found How many opinions do you need?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I go to the internet. You'll get all your opinions in one shot, which you have. We're done, Robert Gasser is not anything that we need to worry about for this year, by the way you blasted through it. Just want to mention Tyler Locklear got the call up. Who's someone that I had written up in the Prospect article for Type France and uh, deep deep deep. He's very interesting. I don't think he'll stick around. But what are you laughing?
Speaker 1: Give?
Speaker 3: He said?
Speaker 1: Robbie Ray was tragedy and Adra had once start.
Speaker 2: Well, he was, he was medioc he was fine the year before it almost he was.
Speaker 1: When you have when you have a strikeout rate above ten per nine, like that's a that's better than okay, and a whip at one point nine that's better than okay.
Speaker 2: Three of his last five starts in twenty twenty two he had four and five earned runs in each of those. Like I don't know. Maybe that's what's important in my brain was about.
Speaker 1: Him, but like, I don't know. And Robbie Ray pitching, you know for the San Francisco Giants in that ballpark is no.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's relatively nice.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's not a very good ballpark for hitting baseballs either way.
Speaker 2: Post All Star Break, A four era in twenty twenty two with the Mariners in a one to three five win, saying, I guess if I said he was garbage garbage, he just wasn't great.
Speaker 1: You were very harsh. Bobby Miller two runs, one earned in the shoulder rehab started before innings on Friday. Triple A code I Senga Code I Senga will not return next month before the All Star Break. I you want to say out loud, I told you so everyone. I you know, I am one Welsh, isn't But I am one to say I told you hell, there's something about you put the blue and orange on and things just did not go well in life. It's just it's one of those things. But yeah, so could I sena A pitching and Alec Manoean pitching the rest of the year two he underwent surgery. So there you go, Welsh. Lots of fun going on in baseball, and today on a Monday, I think we've got some interesting bets. So are you ready for the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. Make sure you place your wagers over on bet three sixty five use that promo code leading off bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets at bet three six three six five. That's the place to do it all the betting eighteen or over In Kentucky gambling problem, go one hundred gambler, or call yo mama one hundred bets off. In Iowa, terms and conditions apply again, use that promo code leading off, but not when you call yo mama. Welsh and I'm gonna kick things off today. New York Yankees on the money line minus one twenty six on the road with Rodnald the mound against Kansas City. The juice is a little bit, so I'm willing to go two units on this bad boy and I did over a bettingpros dot Com slash Joe great first three or four days last week and then like four fifth day kind of tailed off a little bit, so I want to start the week off right. San Diego on the run line minus one and a half. Dylan Cees has pitched great of taking on the Oakland A's This is a w don't blow this for me. Padres Cease has been excellent. Fernando Tatis over four hundred last few weeks. Also home road splits. I don't know if you've seen this on Tattoos, incredibly different. I'm talking about three forty against two thirty Homan Road. He has been lights out at home, so Tatus has been red hot. He's been great at home. More tattoos stuff total bases over one and a half at minus one ten and if you put the Padres on the run line at minus one and a half along with Tatis to get a hit, you get plus one fifty four. That, my friends, is the same game parlay of the day. It's JP style. Welch, what do you have for the people today?
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to be playing some first fives and we are going to be playing some run totals. So I'm going to the Colorado Minnesota game. You've got Hudson and you've got Paddock. Paddock spin. Pattick can get into these good He's just like one bad inning. So between the two, I'm gonna play the first five over four and a half runs. I actually think the total game line even looks a little bit low for what we've usually been seeing. But Colorado Minnesota first five, four and a half runs over is my play. That's around like one minus one fifteen number two Toronto and the Brewers first five. You're actually getting even money for four and a half runs over Brios. Underlying stats have been kind of you got Colin Ray out there. I'm betting on the offenses to really play in here more so that the pitchers are imploding. The offenses are going to really take hand a Domas Scott a good record against Barrios. I love vladd in this game against Ray. And then I am going into a money line parlay. You mentioned San Diego Padres. The lines are rough today. Everything is just like it's like, you know, Dylan Ceaze eight and a half strikeouts plus money, but it's eight and a half and if you want to take the under, it's minus one ninety. It's like that's how the whole day is run lines and money lines and all of that is tough. So I'm taking a money line parlay San Diego Padres backing Dylan Ceese and the Baltimore Orioles backing Corman Burns. Both of those money lines together plus one forty six. That's probably one of my favorite ones of the day. It is the first one that I bet. Those are my three bets might add a player two on a shorter sleep. But you can follow me at betting pros dot com, slash Welsh.
Speaker 1: And download the Betting Pros app. Everybody, start betting smarter, not harder. Find the best lines of the best spots. Think your sports books for free. Those, my friends, are the best bets of the day. I make your bets over at bet three six five Welsh. We are getting to a point here where I am hanging on. Literally, it's like I feel like John McClain in die Hard. I might just hanging on by the skin of my teeth. Here. Look at me. Oh what did this called?
Speaker 2: Oh you're there. I mean I'm not even in the picture.
Speaker 1: You're at fourteen. I didn't know you were still in the competition. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm at fourteen. That's actually kind of encouraging. I'm at fourteen.
Speaker 1: You're still in the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I got a gunner one this weekend.
Speaker 1: You gotta go, you to get a gunner bomb. There you go. I'm gonna stick with my Fernando Tatis Junior. I need I've been ice cold for a long time now, So Tatis, I'm looking at you buddy, you're red hot. Don't let me down. Okay, Welsh, where are you going for your home run call today?
Speaker 2: All right, shoe leave the show. Well skidding on the board. I'm gonna go with Vladimir Guerrero Junior, Vladdie Junior. He was kind of my big talk of what it was like two weeks ago on the trades of saying, hey, everything is great, the homers just haven't been there. All he's got to do. Get the ball in the air. What started to happen? Ball in air? This would be a good one. Better on the road, better slugging percentage on the road for vlad. He's got like two thirds of his homer more at bats obviously as well, but he's got a better slugging percentage overall, better home run rate on the road. So I'm gonna take Vlad today for my home run call and maybe he can get me two, maybe even three. Maybe I can get on the board this.
Speaker 1: Week, my god. Maybe go join our discords. You can hang out with us on cleaning up every single Wednesday, and of course Fantasy bors dot Com slash chat. It's free, it's fun. Go join there and you'll you'll thank me later. Actually think me now because it's already good. Also, don't forget every week we'd have a cycle going on here. So Mike Maher was hosting the cycle this week. I told him I'd listen to a the weekend, and I lied because I got so busy with all this stuff going on. So I'm gonna have to listen to it today on my walk. So I apologize, Mike Mayor, but I still love you anything.
Speaker 2: I love the thought of like you with the lady and the kids in the car and making them listen to Mayor doing the cycle.
Speaker 1: No, not happening, Not happening at all. Yeah, hey, guys, you want to go listen to my friend Mike's podcast about baseball? Please? No, not happy, not go, but.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm a man of my words, so I will go listen to it as well. You guys go support it too again. Subscribe to Fantasy Pros MLB wherever you get your podcasts, and that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on. We'll be back again tomorrow for the Welsh I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast.
Speaker 1: If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB