Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it's I Do Part two.
Speaker 2: I am one of your celebrity mentors, Bob Guinney from the Bachelor and The Today Show and of course the podcast I host with the lovely intalent In Trista Sutter nay Wren, almost famous to ogs. Today we have a repeat guest on the podcast, which is very exciting because you listeners love getting to know him at the beginning of his love journey. But now he's back because the season's over and he's chosen his person. I am talking about Farmer Matt from Fox's Farmer Wants a Wife, and today we were joined by the wonderful woman he chose, Chelsea. Sorry, guys, I'm in a hotel room in New York and they literally didn't have a room for me.
Speaker 1: So I'm running around and I just found this place.
Speaker 3: Nice rogue here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: This could be tragic, but I don't know what's going to happen. So but before I lose you, guys, I want to get started so I can actually talk to you because I loved I loved watching this show. I had never watched your Farmer Wants a Wife. I'd never seen it before, so my first question, actually, Chelsea, is for you. So did you know that you were interested in a farmer or was it was it was it like a generic interest in that lifestyle for you or was it more of a thing where you were approached to be on this show and you were like, well, I'm open to being with someone if he's the right guy, and if he's a farmer, that's spectacular.
Speaker 1: Like how how did that? What was the chicken in the egg here? For you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So I came from a ranching family.
Speaker 5: Both my mom and my dad's side, because I have ranches our entire life, so I've always had a passion for agriculture. I never ever thought I would be on a show trying to find love for with a farmer. But I was approached in my DMS on social media and I thought, you know what, why not give it a try. I did try to back out a few times, but the day before my roommate really just told me I needed to go help me pack my bags, and so I said, let's let's try it out.
Speaker 2: I love that and I love that that's how it happened because it's, you know, truthfully watching the show and watching the two of you, it was like that, and I and I'm you know, I don't know how much we're allowed to talk about where things are at today, but to me, you guys made perfect sense.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: You both had that humble and kind demeanor. Both you could tell you both are hard workers, you have big family influence, and then you know you both are a little bit shy, right, not necessarily, you know, and admittedly for both of you guys, you know that this was your more reserved and I just thought it was interesting, you know, especially when your family showed up, Chelsea, just you know how Matt. They were both like, oh my god, this guy, like they are the same person, right, and that had to make you feel really good and real.
Speaker 1: I I would imagine that's a reaffirming feeling.
Speaker 4: Most definitely.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the approval of my mom and sister was much needed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I can imagine that has to feel good, and especially I'm sure it didn't hurt to you know, be watching the show back and find out that you're the only woman that Matt kissed on the show.
Speaker 1: That had to feel pretty good too.
Speaker 5: I think, Oh, yeah, don't worry. I asked him at least fifty times.
Speaker 1: I need to.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh my gosh, could you imagine because you wouldn't even think about that going into it, right, You go into it and you're thinking more about the fact of, Oh, I just hope I don't look stupid, you know, I don't want to embarrass myself, because I mean I was guys, I was the Bachelor twenty some years ago, right, So it was so new back then that it was like terrifying, And all I could think of was I don't want to embarrass my family, and you know, how do I do.
Speaker 1: This and navigate this? And especially I would think for you too, Matt.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is you know, this is your legacy and your career, and and so you go on to this show, and you know, were there any reservations for you before you went on?
Speaker 6: Or were you kind of gung home and ready to go oh big time somewhere to Chelsea, I was reached out to on social media and this is never something I would do an up until you know this a handful of years ago.
Speaker 7: I wasn't involved in farming at all, and so you know, which I explained on the show. But I you know, if you told me a couple of years back, I'd be on a show, you know, reality dating show about being a farmer. I you know, would have thought you were crazy, but I, you know, I never had planned on doing anything like that. And then obviously, you know, the they kind of just presented itself and it was kind of like a why not type of thing, and I as well, tried to back out several times, but at the end of the day, I was like, you know, it could just be a neat experience, and you know, obviously I'm very glad I did it.
Speaker 2: Now. Yeah, heck yeah, I mean, you guys both came off so great. I was very I was telling our producer that in watching the show, I'd heard about it obviously, and I'd seen clips here and there, but I hadn't been able to watch your guys season. I was just so captivated by the two of you that they were, you know, They're like, oh, you only really got to watch these last you know, three or four episodes.
Speaker 1: I went back, I told them the next day.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, I was up till two in the morning last night, guys, I watched the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I love these two, and you know, I hope you don't.
Speaker 2: I hope you don't feel like I'm putting pressure on you, guys, but I do have to ask. I mean, obviously you're you're You've got some distance between you right now, right I mean, Chelsea's in Texas, Matt, You're in California.
Speaker 1: How has it been navigating that?
Speaker 2: Because that, you know, oftentimes I think the hardest part about these shows, and I lived it so and I speak from experience on this one. You're kind of thrust into all of this stuff that you weren't ever, you know, even prepared for, and people are asking you a bunch of questions and it creates pressure and tension where maybe there wouldn't necessarily need to be any in the first place, but now all of a sudden it's there because every ones you know, when do you guys, But it's almost like when you get engaged and like, so when you finally get engaged in.
Speaker 1: Now, they're like, so, when do we have a kids?
Speaker 2: You're like, we haven't gotten married yet, Like, you know, people just get so carried away with that stuff. Have you guys felt a lot of that pressure, especially because I feel like the two of you really, at least from my experience, while watching the show became the darlings of the show. Do you feel pressure from that? And how's the distance been, I'll ask you first, Matt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's definitely really tough. And you know I've said the same thing and I told Chelsea even on camera. I think one of the episodes is, yeah, this is really fun. This is a cool experience, and it's you know, partially for everyone's entertainment, but between her and I, it's an actual relationship. And you know, whether it be six months, a year or a few years down the road, like people are gonna forget about this show, and it really, you know, her and I are more important our relationship. So there's definitely that pressure, and especially lately, I think we both you know, it's coming out finally that it's her and I. You know, she was the one, so it's like, all right, we have to like give an answer. And I said the same thing I think guys I did back then. It's like, you know, we can, we can do what we want because our roast chip comes first, you know where we're at. So yeah, there's a ton of that pressure and it's been you know, challenging because we're distances apart and excuse.
Speaker 1: Me one second. Are you guys having your meeting in here?
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, this is horrible. I'm getting chicked out of this room.
Speaker 1: Okay, no problem, Yeah, no problem. Let me get out of your hair. Guys. I swear this isn't normally how we do this show.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 1: I met a very nice lady. Can you guys hear me? Still? Yeah? Okay? She was awesome? All right?
Speaker 2: So I got to ask you the question, Matt, which I actually loved your answer and was listening.
Speaker 1: By the way, Chelsea, how about for you?
Speaker 2: I mean, how's been your reaction to obviously the show coming out, everyone knowing it's you, guys, and now you're kind of at this point where you know the distance might start to feel like something you have to think about.
Speaker 5: Right right, I will definitely go off of what Matt said. I think especially I think it's the morning after the finale.
Speaker 4: You know, Matt and I have been taking things really slow.
Speaker 5: That's just who we are, that's our personality type, and I think that's what we both love about each other. And so after the finale came out, it's like the next morning, you're just reading all this stuff about people's opinions on your relationships and how it's going.
Speaker 4: And then you know, Matt has.
Speaker 5: These pulls up like we're in a boxing ring against me and Georgia, and so you know, that just added to it, and so I see, I think on Friday morning it was a relief that after you know, six seven, eight months, everything was out, there was no longer a secret. But it was also you know, there was a little bit of a clock back and just reading things that you know might not be true or that you don't agree with, and just having to stand firm and in who we know that we both are in the relationship.
Speaker 4: That we do have.
Speaker 1: I you know.
Speaker 2: So it's funny because I was going to ask you about that too, because you know, the oldest editing trick in the book on every dating relationship show, by the way, is we can't let everyone know who the obvious winner is, right, so they always make you think And it's a lot of editing that goes into that, and I can attest to that from my personal experiences, but they always make you think it's the other person, just so that there's a surprise, right, there's a surprise reveal at the end. So even if everyone's already feeling like, oh, it's got to be Chelsea, right they then you have that shred of doubt that maybe, I don't know, maybe it could be Jordan. And you know, I wondered how that felt, because I remember personally when I chose the woman that I chose on a Bachelor. The next day, getting driving to the Today Show and listening to the radio and in the car them talking about how it should have been the other person, and I'm like, oh my god, like I hadn't we hadn't had a chance to see anything because it was kind of in real time.
Speaker 1: The finale HA just aired in the next morning. We flew through the night. The next morning we're there.
Speaker 2: And and it was so gut wrenching for me to have to listen to that when I'm like, but what what are they talking about?
Speaker 1: This connection was always like really, you know, firm, And so I wondered how that felt.
Speaker 2: And I love your honesty about it because I think for me, I've got twenty years behind me now where I can speak so candidly about it, because you know, it was twenty years ago, and you know, but I would imagine for y'all, it's got to be a little more fresh and a little more raw.
Speaker 1: So good for you guys on working through that together.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, there's you know, in these days social media, there's just so much out there, you know, so better to not read a lot of that stuff. But everyone's got their opinions on how you should have handled but not kind of think it's like sure whatever, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, I love hearing that you guys are working together with you know, on the distance, any plans in the process, not to put any heat on you because I know I just said that I didn't want to do that, but here I am. Any thoughts on that or are you guys spending some time together like maybe I know you were just traveling Chelsea, Like are there things that you guys can do together to make sure you're keeping that connection fresh and fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, I tried to talk her into buying an RV and traveling around the country, but she wasn't very into that idea. So so for.
Speaker 5: Now, maybe a weekend trip. I'm not doing that full time.
Speaker 1: There you go, that's a lot of work. It's a lot of work.
Speaker 7: Luckily, we have a direct flight from my city to Dallas, so that's you know, Mike, it ten times easier to see each other. And all the traveling I've been doing for press, I try to always put my connection through Dallas so we can spend.
Speaker 1: A little time there.
Speaker 7: But you know, it's it's your What I always tell people is you're starting a relationship long distance. Most people that do long distance, you you know, maybe data for six months and then one person has to move away or something. But you know, we're like trying to get to know each other, you know, off the bat are you being separated. So it's it's point is tough, but I think that it goes to show people, you know, how much we do care about each other.
Speaker 3: Just because it's been eight months of that and we're still till year or so.
Speaker 2: I'll just say this, it was obvious how much you guys cared about each other. It was not It didn't seem like a one sided thing to me at all. In fact, it seemed very mutual. And you know, I happened to be part of the legacy of the show that actually, like from the Bachelor stuff where this did work right Tristan and Ryan, where my season I started up on Tristan's season of the Bachelorette, and they are like the gold standard when it comes to reality show couples because they put each other first, right, So it wasn't like one of them's off, you know, chasing a you know, trying to be the new extra correspondent or something.
Speaker 1: They put each other first made.
Speaker 2: Their relationship paramount for them and it really did work. And I just feel like with your I mean, you're both incredibly good.
Speaker 1: Look at people. If you wanted to do all that kind of stuff, I know you could.
Speaker 2: But I just feel like with your personalities, it strikes me that you guys will kind of be like that where you'll be like, you know what, this was an awesome.
Speaker 1: Experience, but we're good.
Speaker 2: You know, let's get our privacy back, let's have our lives back and take advantage of some of those opportunities together. But you know, not when it's like interfering with you all.
Speaker 1: I'm working. Oh no, she just told me I could just finish this in here. Well, guys, I'm getting kicked out.
Speaker 3: It's all right.
Speaker 1: They freed me from hotel prison guys. Oh no, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So you know, I'm also I'm in New York right now because i do stuff with the Today Show, and so they put me in a room that wasn't my room, which was which is what all I originally asked for.
Speaker 1: And now I'm in this incredible suite. So I guess it all works out.
Speaker 3: Who knew?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I appreciate you guys being patient and sticking with me. Thank you very very much for that. Any anything great happened while we were apart. I mean it's been about three hours, you know.
Speaker 1: Any updates?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got engaged in the last couple of hours.
Speaker 2: Yes, Chelsea made the move. Chelsea's already on our way to Cali. I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me know where I can send that invoice.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, we get you out of carrots. Oh damn, I love it. You know.
Speaker 2: I see part of you wants to make a farmer joke there about carrots, but I know that that's not your that's not your produce, that's not what you do. So yeah, guys, just to recap, I would I had never seen the show before, but I'm now big fans, not only.
Speaker 1: The show, but also of the two of you and your relationship. I feel. And again, these podcasts end up being about what I feel.
Speaker 2: It's not even right for me to do it, but it is I feel like too oftentimes when shows like this come along, right, it's not really people that are looking for.
Speaker 1: Love, do you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's people that are looking for like a tooth whitening kit deal, or maybe they want to have gummy bears that make their hair shine, and so they're looking for that kind of cra and they want to post it on Instagram and.
Speaker 1: Then if they fall in love, well, wouldn't that be nice?
Speaker 2: But the two of you seem to both obviously in Matt's case, obviously I know that to be true, but also for you, Chelsea, you both had your own careers going on, You have your own things going on. This was almost like a whimsical let's take a chance and see what happens for both of you because you both tried to bail in the eleventh hour, which I also love that story. But I just think it's so great when you see someone come through something like this and you know, and I know there's always these haters that exist, because believe me, I still get it twenty some years later, but I think it's great when you're comfortable, confident in who you are you know who you both are. I saw that you cannot lie about on television that comes through people recognize when people are faking it, and you guys weren't. Your families both confirmed that, and then the two of you just find each other and now it's like, yeah, you know, it sucks sometimes because we live far apart, but we're doing everything we can to make it work. Also honest, also a great answer. Also not bs, and I love that. So I'm just excited for you guys. I mean, you know, I love that we were just talking about an engagement because I do want to say it is.
Speaker 1: Called you know, farmer wants a wife. So I mean, no one got engaged at the end of the season.
Speaker 2: You guys were the ones that, obviously, I think America wanted to see get engaged. So you have a lot of people now invested in your relationship. So has that conversation had had before we got kicked out of the hotel where we were almost getting there? Has this conversation started to happen or is it more like, hey, let's just keep going the way we're going and maybe we'll try to get together more.
Speaker 1: I mean, where are you guys at with that?
Speaker 2: Kind of conversation because I know you're getting asked that one a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Likely.
Speaker 7: I think we're naturally kind of on the same page, Chelsea and I. You know, we're both at the point where we have dated in the past. I've been through multiple relationships and that kind of thing, and so I think I can speak for both of us when we're really not looking at like, you know, it's easy just because this whole thing's so hyped up to want to like jump it out there and be like, yeah, we're together, we're in love, might kind of just go along with that narrative, I guess you could say, which I'm not saying that's.
Speaker 3: Not the case.
Speaker 7: But we I think are both just being very careful and taking it the you know, with the direction that we're going with this, and making sure we really get to know each other and in all these details about each other that you don't learn on the show. Yeah, you know, that's kind of stuff that takes time to develop. And so I think we've both been on that same page. And in addition to that too, there's just so much noise going on, especially for me, you know, over the past however many months, as this show comes out everywhere you go, everything you hear talk about people are asking you about it and talking about it, and yeah, talking about the other girls in their opinion on them and all that, and it's like, you know, there's so much noise all the time that now I think at this point, it's like people realize it's Chelsea and I and so we can really focus more on each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I love that. I think that's I think that's a great answer.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know you don't because you also, like you said, you know it's I. When I at the end of my season of The Batchler, I did not propose. I got a lot of grief for it. And the primary reason why I didn't was I literally said, you know, I think we'd get along great, but how are we going to get along without a bunch of cameras in our face. I'd like to see how that goes, too. And you know, back then I got grief for it. Now I feel like I feel like that is the right choice, especially for the two of your personalities. You know, obviously people are always gonna want that pressure and want to see that engagement in the big happy ending, but that happy ending can be whenever it is that you two want it to be. And you know you mentioned it, Matt, so you went there. I got to oh there, I got to ask a question. You said, you know that you find out things about each other when you're off the show.
Speaker 1: What kind of things?
Speaker 2: Because obviously, you guys see like such a great personal personality Max on the match on the show.
Speaker 1: What were some of the things that you found out away from the show?
Speaker 2: Like are are you as great of a personality match as you guys thought you would be? And are you seeing you know that Wow, we were right. You know, we can't get this thing right, Like, where are you guys at with that?
Speaker 3: I think it?
Speaker 7: You know, for me, a big part of it, or for both of us, is we're both very social and we're both very involved with our families. So our family and our friends is a huge part of it. And so in relationships in the past, you know, you bring a girl around your friends and they're like, yeah, you know, she's nice, but you know, but so really important for me and I think Chelsea too, for our families and our friends to be not only improving but supporting. And that's one of the biggest things is over these last few months. You know, we've really gotten to spend some time getting to each other's family, friends, and that's really well.
Speaker 3: So I think that was kind of a big, huge feel least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to have that buy in. How about for you, Chelsea? How has that been for you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I will definitely agree with what Matt said there. We're both very social and so kind of bringing Matt into that and getting him to me all of my.
Speaker 4: Friends and family has been very special for me. Everyone loves him.
Speaker 5: I'll speak for him when I say all of his friends like me more than they like him.
Speaker 2: Hey, I know my wife, I will tell you the same thing about my friends.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. One. That's been matters and is good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, but it has been great to see both of our personalities kind of mixed in the real world.
Speaker 4: That's a lot more sweet than I am.
Speaker 5: I'm a little bit more sassy, But I think it's a great mix between the two of us.
Speaker 4: We are both very social.
Speaker 5: We have big friend groups and they have big families, and those are very important to us.
Speaker 4: And so I think especially like right after the.
Speaker 5: Finale, I had a huge trip and so everyone's like, where's Matt. It's like this has been planned for a year, and in the next few weekends, same situation. I have plans that have been planned and he has his. And that doesn't mean that we aren't together.
Speaker 4: That just means that we're good at living, living separately but also together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the best couples are in all honestly, I mean, I really do you know. I look, it took me a lot of getting married before I found my wife. I'm not going to kid you guys on that one. Kind of an embarrassing stat there, but the truth is, you know, it doesn't matter. It matters when you're getting it right. It matters that you nurture it right. And so you you keep that and you and you respect one another. And you know, I mean FaceTime wasn't even around, uh, you know, when I did The Bachelor, so I would imagine there's probably a lot of face timing going on, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's huge, And I think people forget already that that technology really makes a huge difference. You know, being able to see see each other, you know, is a big part of it. So that definitely helps. But i'd like, you know, brothers here in person obviously absolutely does.
Speaker 2: The time zone hurt a little bit. I mean, I imagine sometimes it probably does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we go to bed at the same time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we go to bed at the same time. I'm a night out and he's.
Speaker 3: A more before. So that's awesome.
Speaker 1: So guys, I mean we talked a little bit about.
Speaker 2: Obviously the two of you being the ones that I just fell in love with on the show, and I know America did too, but there are obviously some other couples on the show too.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the ones that's kind of gotten a lot of grief is Colton, right, because he was sort of like, well, you know, I'm not really looking for anything serious, but yet I want to make out with everybody, and then at the end of the thing, it's like, I'll take the one that's less serious. And I mean see, I was actually prepared for this guy though, I really was, because I even said to somebody, I was like, well, I know there's one guy is that, like, I guess makes out with everybody and then in the end he basically is kind of like, well, you know, I'm going to go this direction. And the girl I can't remember the name of her that kind of called him on it, but she was like, oh, so you guys aren't.
Speaker 1: I guess that makes me feel better. You're not gonna be serious with her either, and he was.
Speaker 2: Like, hold on, hold on, and he had to kind of backtrack, right, and he had to a So I mean from that perspective, I feel like he kind of got himself in some heat and he's been feeling the wrath of that. But I also found out that they're not together anyway, So now he just looks like a total player, right, And so I mean they're going to see that a lot too. From I think shows like these, you know, and when you do you never want to be that guy, right, You want to be you want to be the Matt and Chelsea man.
Speaker 1: You want to be the ones that like said things to each other that were true and you honored it.
Speaker 2: And I think I just, guys, I don't think. I don't know if you could tell, I'm a big fan. So really, you guys made fans out of me from this show, and I think that's going to be horrible for me moving forward, because I mean, now if they don't have another casting couple like you, I'm gonna be all pissed off.
Speaker 3: So I got a big line I'm sure, I.
Speaker 1: Hope so man.
Speaker 2: So now, okay, you mentioned the families get together. You know, have gotten together a little bit obviously. You know as a I've been married now since twenty sixteen, so going in nine years of marriage.
Speaker 1: Here my wife.
Speaker 2: My wife lives in California, well lived in California. We met while we were there, and then I moved her back to Michigan. Okay, so yeah, I know Texon and a California. I mean, Michigan weather is not appealing to either one of you. But and it wasn't to my wife either. But you know, the big plans started talking about, well the holidays, right, Obviously, we love each other, we care about one another, We want to be together for the holidays. Have you guys started to have those kind of conversations and if so, what are our plans so I can come see you guys and hang out.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, I'm en route. Here we go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a tough one, but you know, regardless of distance, that happens in any family. And I have, you know, three siblings, they're all married and they're you know where families are all split up and all that kind of stuff. So yeah, it's definitely a bummer. I wish everyone lived, you know, down the street from me, but unfortunately this is not realistic. And I think the biggest part is, you know, as I've gotten older, I've learned that wherever we're, you know, my wife will be in my family.
Speaker 3: That just comes first.
Speaker 7: And then you know, unfortunately it's that not to be with everybody all at once. But you know, I'm trying to start my own family here, and so as much as I love mine that I have, now you.
Speaker 3: Know that's going to have to take priorities.
Speaker 7: So but in addition to that, I mean, we're so both of us are so fortunate to have you know, great parents and siblings and all that kind of stuff. And yeah, you know, I think it's fun in a way to be able to do that because I love Texas. I used to live there, so any so I get to go see Chelsea or go visit her family and her friends. It's like that's works out for me. I mean, I want to go out there anyways right now.
Speaker 2: I'm sure having a predisposition to Texas is helpful, right, I mean, it's such a great state too.
Speaker 3: I think she doesn't mind it out here too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about you, Chelsea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll say similar to Matt, I also have three siblings who are either married or in a relationship. And also us being thirty, I think, you know, our family is a little bit more gracious with the time that we've spend with them and away from them, and both families support the relationship and really excited, and so it's gone well so far. Not to say there won't be bumps in the road. Texas is a long ways from California, but we're trying our best to split time.
Speaker 2: No, I love it. Another honest answer. God, you guys, you're killing me right now with all this wonderfulness. Okay, so I have one more question for you. A lot of times, especially for two people like yourselves, both you know, really attractive, really honest, really in love, right, opportunities will come along, right, So, I don't know, you know, it might be like a Dancing with the Stars type of opportunity, or Traders, or you know these other reality shows that are out there that they just love to latch onto the most popular people from a show like this one that's really kind of taking off. If something like that were to come along, would you guys consider it would you guys think, you know, hey, maybe this is something that we do or or I mean, is that something that.
Speaker 1: Just wouldn't even be on the radar for you? And I'll ask Chelsea this question first.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm seeing Matt's dancing skills and they aren't up to par with Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 4: I think I think we'd be open to something else.
Speaker 5: I think our first shot we were both shy and a little bothered by the cameras. So I think now we're more open, we're more comfortable, our personalities come out more, and so you know, yeah, maybe another shot, we would try something else.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. How about for you, Matt?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't think either of us set out to do that, because there's so many people in reality TV now that are doing it for that sole purpose, and you know, for me, it was more of just you know, an interesting experience with hopefully finding somebody. But you know, at this point we're here, we did it, or we're pretty used to being on camera and all that, and so you know, really just depend on what it was.
Speaker 3: I think we both be opened to it.
Speaker 7: And you know, there's there's some opportunities out there, and it's like, why not already here?
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, hey, you've already done the hard Part's over right. The hard part was yeah first time.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So does how does the farm work? I mean, because I would imagine it's a pretty demanding lifestyle. How does it work when you're doing all this filming?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Do you do you have a lot of people that can help you or are you sort of like picking up the slack?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: To be honest, you get that all the time, like, well shouldn't you? You know, we're working at the farm and all that kind of stuff, But our business just really doesn't run like that. You know, it is owned by my brother and sister in law, so you know, they can survive without me. I guess this is what I'm trying to say, I think, And you know, it's an established business. The farm has been through the family for the last twenty years, so we've got you know, employees that have been there for a long time.
Speaker 3: Stuff on a schedule.
Speaker 7: The seasons are relatively you know, the same every year as far as win. Stuff starts and stops, and so you know, there's always a million things to do. The more people the better, and of course, you know, being there is helpful obviously. Yeah, yeah, it does come with challenges being gone. But you know, at the end of the day, you know, I think finding your right person and making that works more important. So the rest well, yeah, not to say take the back burner, but you.
Speaker 1: Know it'll work itself out right.
Speaker 3: Thinks are more important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some things are way more important.
Speaker 2: Man. I think you guys got your priorities right where they need to be. Well, I just want to say thank you, guys, thanks for bearing with me for you know, having my security concerns here at my hotel, and for being a part of the show.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, it's kind of funny this show.
Speaker 2: You know, it's called I Do Part two, right, and it's kind of about finding people finding love and you know, the second time around.
Speaker 1: And I love that. I feel like you guys got it right the first time around. And so I'm a.
Speaker 2: Fan obviously, very clear about that, but more so just the way you guys are as people like I really enjoy. I'm glad you're who I thought you were going to be when we got to talk today. So I really love that and I appreciate that. And I think, you know, I've been in this weird reality TV show you know thing for twenty two years, and you will be shocked at the opportunities. But I think that when you're honest with who you are, and you're honest about you know why you're there, it's just you're right now, you will have more and more opportunities that will present themselves because they're going to look for guys like you.
Speaker 1: For you and Chelsea in particular, like, oh well, I love them on the show, Let's have them on this one.
Speaker 2: Maybe they'll bring that same energy and help us with the rest of the cast who might be absolute disasters. Right, So you guys I think would bring some consistency and some kindness to that and it would be really lovely to see. So I'll watch that show too when the time comes.
Speaker 3: Well hopefully not to that would be you know.
Speaker 7: One thing I've realized is since the show is in the farming and ag western space, a lot of the things me and you know, the other.
Speaker 3: Guys I've gotten invited to go do has been awesome.
Speaker 7: I mean, we're going to rodeos, we're doing you know, country music events and stuff, and I think for Chelsea and act those are those are our type of people. It's a really good, you know, a really good crowd, and it's the kind of people we like, and and so I think, you know, all the stuff we've been getting to do and hopefully more so coming up is around that space. It's just, you know, such a good time and such neat opportunity, so well.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you'll get So.
Speaker 2: My favorite job that I ever got after being the Bachelor, as I got hired to host the CMA Music Festival down in Nashville.
Speaker 1: I did it for seven years, you guys. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I loved it. And I lost my gig to Taylor Swift and Julianne Huff.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. When they told me who was who was replacing me, because I was so hurt, I'm like, I love this job. They're like, well, we're gonna have Juliane Huff and Taylor Swift do it. I'm like, oh, well, I guess that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 1: You guys will have me.
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever, you guys, I've run my course here.
Speaker 1: No, but yeah, I was gonna do it, you guys.
Speaker 2: I was gonna tell I was gonna tell you guys now, But I did accept the invitation every time they invited me, So please continue doing that. You know, don't be afraid to put yourselves out there, and I know you're not asking for advice, but put each other first. And I think that you'll find that this opportunity, because I do feel like going on a show like this, whether it's becoming friends with the guys like I did on Trista's season, or I mean the women that were on my season The Bachelor. I'm still friendly with a lot of them, and it's kind of nice because it is sort of a once in a lifetime, weird opportunity that you might kick yourself if you don't do it. And especially for the two of you finding each other, I think that's something that will really resonate for a long time. So I wish you both the very best. Thank you for joining me on the show. Is an absolute pleasure to meet you both, And like I said, I'm rooting for you guys. So I hope, you know, God, Christmas time comes around if you guys end up rolling through Michigan. You know, we got great summers up here, great summers in Michigan. So but yeah, I have and please tell your families I thought they all did really great on the show too. I thought they came across really well, because that's important. I know our moms can get kind of stressed out about that stuff. My mom sure did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you should have seen that behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Was it ugly? Was it terrible?
Speaker 5: Matt's dad had about five mimosas before he started grilling me with questions.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I enjoyed it personally.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, I'm sure you were, like, Okay, good job.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My sister and brother in law broa on my show when I brought the to like the women home for the thing, and oh my gosh, my whole family was out of control.
Speaker 1: It was. It was a special time. Well, congratulations, guys. I'm happy for all your successes.
Speaker 3: Well appreciate.
Speaker 1: You. You got it man.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, and I hope I get to cross paths you guys again.
Speaker 1: Stands and take care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, So there you go, guys.
Speaker 2: Farmer, Matt and Chelsea absolutely lovely people, honest to god.
Speaker 1: I absolutely love them.
Speaker 2: I hope they have a hugely successful relationship now on this pod, it's all about the love. So if you're ready to find your person, you got a whole bunch of mentors here to help you, so you can email us, you can call us. All the infos in the show notes, so make sure you check that out. Follow us on the socials, make sure to rate and review the podcast. It's I Do Part two, which is an iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective
Speaker 1: In p