Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security, four hundred foot locker locations have been closing.
Speaker 3: By twenty twenty six. Inside the moles, so we gotta be very secipid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, foot locker, they they were done once. Nike stop. Right, Nike doesn't have the shoes and full locker anymore.
Speaker 5: They still have them. They were, they're pulling back, they're pulling theervatory.
Speaker 3: Yeah locker.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's tough because I mean they're just a retail that just supplies provides other retail stores equipment. Right, So like they don't have a shoe, they don't have their own clothing.
Speaker 3: They just stock bran shirts in there. Those those are bad though.
Speaker 5: Those are like lapping tappy, lapping tappy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It was a good pre internet model.
Speaker 5: The thing is that and again this is another pandemic issue, right, Nike was one of it. I mean, how many retail stores do they have, not many, but they make a killing digitally, right, so that the Nike app I told you every Saturday, any day that they put out release, it's almost guaranteed that the item is going to sell out. The merchandise get sold online. They don't really need a brick and mortar store to be a successful business. And so why pay another brand or another company to put their merchandise inside of it when they get to sell it online?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: And you see Adida doing the same thing. They have their own flagship stores. And so if you take all these brands start saying, hey, we're just going to have our own flagship stores, and you're the store that you supply all of them at the same place, I mean, you almost kind of become irrelevant. Right Like we saw east Bay was one of the brands that was under them, and east Bay doesn't exist anymore, right, So they have a few other brands under them, Champs, and I'm not chaming to finish one. These are brands that are underneath them, and they're designed to sell different types of merchandise. It's different demographics, like for young teens and for you know, specifically for women. I know they had a store, but if everybody's moving online, and if you have competitions from stores like yeah, Lululemon as far as the apparel, I mean, it's gonna be a tough proposition.
Speaker 3: Another thing.
Speaker 5: And I think it's smart that they look, we're not going inside the malls. We we spoke about walls as as far as commercial real estate, like it's a it's it's a dead business. People are not going inside the malls at the same rate. I don't see it happening in the future. You shouldn't. Why have your store inside there. You're paying the lease and you're not making money, So what's the point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're dead. We gottat. We're gonna put them on the away.
Speaker 4: Second, foot Locker is native apparel that they sells like. It's the equivalent of shopping at Walmart. Nothing wrong with shopping at Walmart.
Speaker 3: Not nothing wrong with it's just the equivalent of it.
Speaker 6: We know some dudes us, Yeah, Champion used to be in Walmart.
Speaker 4: No, I never shot, but respects to anybody that does.
Speaker 3: To everybody, foot Locker is the equivalent of Walmart.
Speaker 4: So I'm saying that to say that's not something that's sustainable just using their own merchant nice. Yes, So you know it's it's not a good business model to rely heavily on other brands because in the case when Nike decides to pull thirty percent of their merchandise from your stores, your screw.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's gonna be that' you're gonna take a hit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out to YouTube seven thousand people. Mission accomplished, Mission accomplished, seven thousand. We gotta treat for you, guys. So let's get this coming through. Let's get this bad boy up to seventy five hundred.
Speaker 3: I mean we didn't say it, but we could.
Speaker 5: That's we mean we can put this under the easy effect, right, Kanye. If you think about what people are buying it at from Adida inside of these.
Speaker 4: Stores, nobody buys from the store. Nobody buys from stores anyway.
Speaker 3: People still line up outside and they sitting on a lot of it was a specialty stores though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but those are like those sneakers, like the House of Hoops and like those stores people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, really quick, can we name the liabilities that foot locker may have? Real quick to give like a fundamental analysis, So like employee cost structures is locked in. They're probably paying what twenty five thousand to fifty thousand per month in rent?
Speaker 3: Yeah, clothing line is a liability.
Speaker 7: The employees a brick and mortar rent that you're paying inventory influx, the inventory influx, the seasonal fluctuation.
Speaker 4: Sure, you know, you go all earners.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works, Like the checkout is fast, the seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using square We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save plan and make calculated decisions with your bank. But keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and to port you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally, do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department at Homeland Security HAIZY during during the winter and then it cools off for other months.
Speaker 5: Or if you don't have like we just had a winter where we didn't need certain inventorya like how many pairs of boots were you wearing this winter?
Speaker 3: How many coats were you win? I mean it was a mild winter.
Speaker 5: And so then again, now you have a massive inventory that you didn't move.
Speaker 6: Thirty two in New York is a my winter because y'all kept saying that when I was there and I was free, that we could live with thirty two as long as it's like no, no snow, snowstorm.
Speaker 4: And here's another thing in business. You either what I realized, in business, this is a gym. You either want to be low low end or high end high end. Yes, the middle end gets screwed so low in like this is Target, This is Walmar, aren't you general? You make a lot of money on the low end. And this is why like people, I think even Kim Kardashi at one point point of closing, like Target one of these low end. These these people make a lot of money. And then the high end like Rolex and like Chanelle Bags and Louis Vauton, they're a kind of recession proof and they still make money in any type of economic environment because the rich get richer when the poor get poor. It's the middle section that has a bad business model. This is why all of these middle brands go out of business, like models like a.
Speaker 3: Foot locker like.
Speaker 4: Applebee's is struggling, like it's these middle brands that that are struggling.
Speaker 3: Like people don't even go to cheesecake anymore. Remember out Steakhouse? Remember Outback Steakhouse.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen them exactly, but McDonald's is still Here's a fact, like you know what I'm saying, And McDonald's still here. And so when you when you're thinking of making your business, yeah, low end or high end, think about that, and then also think about having a product that's actually a necessity like that you really need, because that's another way to kind of survive hard times where you need something so you really can't go without it.
Speaker 6: Or hypermodels good like McDonald's stay sell or low end products, but the high end asset in the business is really the real estate that they.
Speaker 5: Own right right, right right, And that's again the reason why you wouldn't be inside of them all.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, there you go. It's tough.
Speaker 6: We're going through a cataclysmic change in real time, and it's really an extension. I mean, I want to go look at the chart one day and maybe we can do next week. But if we take our quantitative ease in from two thousand and eight and kudos to Obama through, now, did we lose two decades from two thousand to twenty twenty, Like that's scary to think about. Like technically, without quantitative easing, we would have been like flat or like slightly above break even. But then they want to say, well, black people run the market in the house, Oh, y'all.
Speaker 3: Run the market. Black people didn't put them loans through. Let people mind me your fourteen houses? Wow, wild West, there's well, Matt did mls math just mols numbers? What you're doing?
Speaker 5: This is just jokes, Mater, I love you, shout out the MG man. A lot was learned on those sounds, you know what. Yeah, but you're right, it's a unique time. But I think the most important thing is that awareness is at a premium, right, and that's why people are here, and that's why they they tune in the market. Mondays, because you can't say that you didn't know, You can't say that you weren't made away. What you choose to do with the information now or how you choose to execute or implement it will be up to you. But the fact that it's like because some people might say in two thousand and eight bad they knew what was happening, but they didn't understand it. Yeah, I think every week we're coming here, every time something happens, we're given a pretty good explanation of what's happening, and so that you know, we can make educated decisions.
Speaker 8: Now, my graduates from my school being forced back drop drop, Mike drop backdrop drop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,