Speaker 1: Hello Sunshine. Are you dreaming of starting your own business?
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 1: On the bright side, we've got the inspiration you need. Cat Hauntis, co founder of the infused tequila brand twenty one Seeds, is here to share how she and her business partners built a multi million dollar brand from the ground up. I'm telling you it was from her kitchen sink. It's Tuesday, March fourth. I'm Danielle Robe and this is the bright side from Hello Sunshine. Okay, I'm pretty in awe of today's guests, and I don't say that a lot. In fact, I really love Cat Hauntas and her partners at twenty one seeds so much that I've actually had the opportunity to partner with them and create a card game called Shot Callers fifty two questions for girls who call the shots. And it's really a celebration of women who call the shots in their own lives. And it's my first card game collaboration, so you guys know, I have my our game question everything. This is the first collab and it was a really big deal. I just want to share the seed of how it happened. I was invited to a women's dinner and I got sat across from Cat and we hit it off, and later this collaboration happened. But the lesson that I take out of it is that so many opportunities for women happened just by being in the room. And I so remember not being invited into any rooms. I felt like I had to claw and fight my way into them. And it just takes one person and one conversation to change the game. And I think a lot of times starting a business can feel really overwhelming, and so today we're stripping all of that away. We are here to empower you to go after your entrepreneurial dreams.
Speaker 3: Because it is so possible.
Speaker 1: And we also have a bit of a special treat because Simona's traveling and unable to make it. So instead of talking to Kat just by myself, I thought it would be really fun to have everybody's favorite show runner and my bright Side bestie here, Tim Palazzola, Tim, welcome back to the bright Side.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm so grateful that you said that you would join us today because aside from being everybody's favorite show runner, you also do consulting on the.
Speaker 4: Side, and you work with a lot of female entrepreneur, I do.
Speaker 3: I do, so you kind of have.
Speaker 1: An understanding of what people's pain points are. Yeah, what do you hear from women that you work with?
Speaker 5: Yeah, first of all, thank you so much for having me. I am flattered to be here with you today. This is so fucking cool.
Speaker 3: You're so fun. I'm just gonna say.
Speaker 5: That it's really fucking cool. But yeah, I actually a guest who was on our show, Susie Moore, don't talk to us about networking. I've actually worked with her in the past to help mentor and consult on a lot of the people that she works with. And I think the biggest thing that I noticed when people are starting a business is that you need to have a very clear idea of who and what you are first and foremost. I think people get lost in the clutter of it all. I think the other big thing is you need to really understand who who your business is for. What need are you filling for someone? And it doesn't have to be this like I'm reinventing the wheel. There's a great thing that I say to people where I say, steal like an artist.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I love that you don't have to reinvent the wheel.
Speaker 5: The playbook is already out there for you, So pick and choose the things you like of what people are doing out there and incorporate them into your own. But you see how people appeal to their audiences and building on that. The other important thing is, at the end of the day, you're selling a feeling.
Speaker 1: I really feel like if you have something on your heart and you've been thinking about it in the shower, you just have this kernel of an idea. Today's episode will hopefully be really inspiring because Kat Haunts just had this idea in her kitchen and created a multimillion dollar brand out of it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: If a self proclaimed stay at home mom can turn a kitchen sync idea into a million dollar idea, multimillion dollar idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah you can too.
Speaker 5: Anyone listening can.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I feel like we just need to bring her. Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kat Haunts, Welcome to the bright Side.
Speaker 3: It is so good to be.
Speaker 4: Here with both of you. Guys.
Speaker 5: Welcome, welcome. All right, now, before we talk all things business, I know that the two of you know each other. Will you tell us how you met?
Speaker 1: You? Go? I go? Okay, So we were at a women's dinner It was a female founder's dinner, and I was lucky enough to be sat right across from Kat, who I'd never met before, and she lives in San Francisco and is very tech savvy, and started talking about AI and I was hanging on her every word. I was asking a million questions and she was talking to me about how chat GPT could be useful for what I do. And this was before anybody was talking about This is over two years ago, two years ago, almost three, right, it still the.
Speaker 4: Idea from us. We would like to fall agreement. I love it.
Speaker 3: And Cat is the life of the party.
Speaker 1: Clearly you'll understand why she created a tequila company.
Speaker 3: She is so much fun.
Speaker 1: And so I had the best I got the best seat in the house, and I would say we really hit it off and we stayed in touch.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, and.
Speaker 1: This idea, I mean was truly born. Shortly thereafter, Yeah, we hopped on a Zoom and one of the one of Kat's pillars is travel and adventure and it's one of the pillars of the brand too, And so we were talking about how connection can cross borders and what was a product that we could create that would really facilitate that, and we thought of a card game called shot Callers fifty two questions for girls who call the shots.
Speaker 4: I love it, I love it, I love it, smarts showers. So we did it.
Speaker 1: You know that that's a really great point because so many people talk about ideas and never actually get to do.
Speaker 4: It totally, totally, and I'm always like, listen, tell everyone about idea because people are busy, people have day jobs. No one's going to steal your idea. And the more you talk about it, right, like everything's interesting.
Speaker 5: You often hear don't tell people about what you're working on. I love this. Put it out there into the universe, and the more you talk about the more accountable.
Speaker 4: That's right, Yeah, that's right, And it just sort of naturally starts to flesh itself out, and then you know you can pivot and really try to make it happen. I mean, I'm all, I totally believe that the best way to make something happen is to start talking about it immediately and then start actioning it.
Speaker 1: Who's the first person you talk about things with? Is your husband sort of your creative jumping board. He's not okay, a lot of things. He's a lot of things. That's why we've been married for twenty going on twenty one years. Yeah, not my husband.
Speaker 4: I would say, it's either my sister Nicole, who I started twenty one seats with, or one of my best friends Danny, who's very, very funny, and we'll call you out on stuff.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, are these people trusted soundboards when they say, oh, Cat, that's a great idea. If they think it's a bad idea, or they go, no, Cat's a terrible idea, move one.
Speaker 4: Hundred percent, they will tell me it's a bad idea. Nicole will often be like, I'll pitch something to Nicole and she was like, we can't do that. I'm like, can we have an open mindset for five more minutes before we close, you know, close that book? Like, can we just be open mindset for a sec I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to open the book on your origin story? How did you even get interested in tequila?
Speaker 4: So you know, I didn't grow up thinking I was going to start a tequila brand. It really started because I was drinking wine. That was what I would go to sort of at the end of my night. I'd have a couple glasses of wine and after I don't know, once I turned thirty, it kind of just stopped agreeing with me, and I started sort of doing some research on it and sort of realized, Okay, there's a lot of organic living material in fermented spirits that doesn't exist in distilled and so switched over to tequila. Didn't love the way tequila tasted on its own, and found that regular tequila to get it to taste as easy to drink as a glass of wine would was requiring a lot of work and math and you know, stuff that I didn't want to do. Was it just a lot of mixers and stuff at your Yeah, because wine is so easy to drink and tequila tends to be harsh. And so I thought, you know, I got to do something to this tequila to make it more drinkable and an easier to use. And so I love to cook. I start infusing it, and twenty month Seeds was born in my kitchen. Basically, I would literally infuse you know, regular tequila blanco tequila, and it completely changed it. It would it smells so good when it's infused, especially you know when you're really really using great ingredients, easy to mix, you can drink it as a sprits. Super simple. If that's what you want, you can mix it into any cocktail. It's going to taste better.
Speaker 1: Well. So as you're in like you become your own alchemist, and as you're infusing these tequilas in your kitchen, what's the trial and air process?
Speaker 4: Like I'd put the tequila in a Brita, put in the fruits and vegetables. I wanted to visit it, and then I would stick my finger in and taste it. And I was like, what do you.
Speaker 5: Mean you were like pouring it through a brit brit of picture.
Speaker 4: Now, No, so I just used a Brita because of the quantity. I wanted to make a big batch so that it would last for a long time.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I thought you were like filtering it through a Britta.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, that's another level.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know, not that mechanically engineered. But anyways, so it wasn't. It was, you know, very much trial and error. It's it's a lot of it is my my taste profile, you know. So but you know, if you want to make a a our tequila, is you know a big consumer of ours or women? Right? Eighty percent? I think eighty percent of our consumers are women. And you know, if you want to create a product that w are going to enjoy, it's probably a good idea to have a woman create that product, especially it's something you're eating or drinking. You know, we want something that's smooth, and that's what twenty one seeds is. It's incredibly smooth. It's a hint of flavor, that's it. And it's not sweet. So you can add sweet if you want to add to sweet, but you don't have to. And you know, just having the confidence to say this is what I like. You know, it's not like I was a bartender. It's not like I was a mixologist. I didn't come from the spirits.
Speaker 5: Industry training, nothing like that. So you're playing around with this and you're making it, I assume for yourself. Yes, at what point, like at that time, were you even thinking this was going to be a business.
Speaker 4: No, No, no, because I had, you know, my whole career had been in the movie industry, so I needed something else to drink other than wine, and I wanted it to not have a lot of stuff in it, and and sort of less is more. I once I realized that by infusing tequila. It really changed it and smoothed it out and made it more easy to drink. That's what I would make at my house. So if you came to my house and I did that for nine years.
Speaker 5: Nine years, okay, So I was gonna ask like, at what point did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Nine years?
Speaker 5: Sorry, friend, And I assume at some point you're like giving it out as gifts or yeah, having parties and everyone like, oh my god, I need to taste Cats tequila.
Speaker 4: And that's what they would call it. They would just say Cats tequila. And my sister, you know, if anyone who sort of knew me, my immediate people, they just I'll just bring Cats tequila. You know. It really became a thing within our friend group. Yeah, and again what I would do is now we call it a seed and soda bar, right, But what I would do is I'd take a bunch of infused tequilas that I'd made, I'd put them out and then a bunch of different club sodas, some with flavor, some without flavor. And then I like to do like a charcouterie board of garnishes and just put that out and then different glassware and people could just make their own drinks, and that's what you would have at my house if you came to my house for dinner or dinner party. I love it.
Speaker 5: I've seen like make your own bloody marrion bars, but I when everything to do that with like a tequila that's really smart.
Speaker 4: Like it's a tequila soda. So we do that now it's like our seed and soda bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So what so nine years of doing this just sort of in your friend group, you know, what was that moment for you when you thought this is more than just my friend group, this this could be a business. Like, what was that moment?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So what I noticed, and this was sort of just a frame a time wise. It was after you know, Cosamigos had sold to Diagio, so tequila was really on the rise. And what I noticed I started just realized, like when I'd be out and this was before COVID. We this was all like twenty eighteen, early twenty eighteen. We launched the brand in twenty nineteen, So early twenty eighteen, you know, I'd be out in a bar or a restaurant and I would notice that especially women were ordering, Hey, can I have a tequila soda? Three lines. Can I have a tequila soda, splash of juice of some kind, or tequila sota, slice of orange? And that was that was the order. And I thought, huh. At the time, there was either like shots or really high end, you know, sipping tequila. Those were the two ways people were sort of marketing tequila. And I thought, Wow, there's this other way that people are drinking tequila, which is in the sprits, right like our seed in soda. That's the sprits. And and I'm making this infused tequila, and man, that would taste better. Infuse tequila plus soda sounds better than you know, just tequila soda. It's much smoother, it's got a hint of flavor. And I thought, well, why isn't anyone really talking about this.
Speaker 5: Because infused vodka's was quite a thing. Totally see it in tequila. So you were saying that women women ordering I should do this?
Speaker 4: Well no, Then I thought, maybe let me go see what's going on in the tequila aisle, because you know, I hadn't I hadn't really like paid attention to it from that lens. So I went into the tequila and I thought, oh my god, there's first of all, it's all it's all all the new tequilas that had come on the market were again these sort of higher end you know, marketed like scotches and whiskeys being pushed to men, right like, like instead of drinking whiskey and sipping on ski, sip on a tequila. And I thought, there's no color in the aisle, there's no fun. There's everything so serious, you know, and where's the fun and where's the sprits? The sprits is fun, you know, and something you could enjoy in that wine occasion, easy entertaining. So it was either like shots woo woo on the table tequila, right or it was sipping tequila which was very serious. And I was like, where's the fun tequila, you know, just the drinking tequila that's just you know, an easy sprits that you can have, you know, when you're with dinner or entertaining at home or in that wine occasion. And there just was nothing in the aisle that was that was literally speaking to that occasion. And then there was certainly nothing in the aisle talking to women. And I was like, wow, the women are the ones who are driving the growth in this category and no one's talking them in tequila asle And then it was at that point that I was like, Okay, maybe there's something here. And then I went and talked to my sister.
Speaker 5: Nic You're best a call or open mind?
Speaker 3: Did you have to have that open mind?
Speaker 5: Keep it up in mind with her?
Speaker 3: Initially so she.
Speaker 4: You know, at the time, Nicole was the CFO of Angelist. Okay, so she had a big job, right, And I said to her, I was like, sister, you know that tequila that I've been making at home and everyone loves And she's like, of course, everybody loves it. You're tequila, of course, and she loved it, and she said, I said, I'm thinking that I want to turn that into a company. Do you want to do it with me? I thought for sure, because she's oftentimes closed mindset, and I thought first sure she'd be like, no, I have a day job. I'm a big, powerful CFO of a big company. I don't have time. And she goes one hundred percent les done, yeah first time, Like our mom is Greek, and she leads with no, like you ask her question, can I do No, she just does it just so that she has her footing, I think before and so I think Nicole inherited that from my mom, and in this case, she just immediately was like, yes, I think it's a great idea. People love your tequila. It's you know, I think it's a good idea. She felt it in our bone, she felt it in her bones. And then how did you cause you have there's three co found right, And then we needed a person who knew something about making a product, which we did not, so that was Sarca. And Saraca is awesome, super smart, you know, Stanford engineer and had been doing work in the food space for a while, taking ideas from kitchen shell, you know, from kitchen counter to shelf and in food, but she hadn't done it yet in spirits. But we were using real ingredients, so I thought, you know, we're using real food, so let's I'm sure she could help us figure this out. And she had had my tequila at events and parties at my house and so we then approached Saraga and we're like, hey, do you want to start tequila company? And she's like yeah, And I think in the beginning they sort of I think they thought, Okay, this is this is cool. It's like everyone kind of had a side hustle in this. You know, in the in the twenty eighteens, everyone felt like at a side hustle, and so I think in the beginning, maybe you know, they thought okay, cause Sarco was still working at a company and I was a stay at home mom at that time. Yeah, But then very quickly it started to become very real.
Speaker 1: We need to take a quick break, but don't go anywhere. We'll be right back with Cat Hauntis. And we're back with cat Hauntis.
Speaker 5: It's also interesting to me because taking a step back without all of this insight, it's like, okay, tequila the spirits is a really saturated marketplace, and you think about things like Cosamigos where you have George Clooney on a motorcycle, and you think, wow, it's such a crowded space, how do I even break into it? But to really be able to identify your niche in your target market, right, I think that's a huge lesson that anyone who's thinking about starting a business can really like.
Speaker 3: Think about, like how to differentiate yourself.
Speaker 4: No, totally, we really focused on a particular consumer. Her. We were focused on her and even more so focused initially on moms because you know mom's moms are super powerful consumers, right, because they are first of and foremost the original influencer in all our lives. Right, Like, whether we like it or not, our moms still try to influence their themselves, influence us and what we do, how we raise our kids, like our life in general. So they kind of give everyone in the household permission to consume or you know where whatever whatever they bring into the house. So she was doing a lot of heavy lifting boars, but we were very focused on the female consumer and really trying to solve all her pain points. So that's how we built the business. And that's not the typical playbooks.
Speaker 5: I think it's really I think it's really smart too, because you know, if you think about meeting your audience where they are, that's right. And I think another thing a lot of people make the mistake of when they do go into business is thinking that their product has to appeal to everyone, right, And when you do that, you appeal to no one, no one right. So for you to figure out it's such a strategic way of thinking about it that you're going to target a very specific consumer and let that smaller niche than grow right from there.
Speaker 4: Exactly, like just get that critical math and then you know they will tell their friends, you know. And so we really thought about, you know, a lot about like where does she discover brands? Where does she shop? Like, you know, how does she plan? You know, so we use Pinterest for example, and a lot of brands don't use Pinterest. But we were like, you know, women are always putting Pinterest boards together on like a birthday they're going to celebrate, or a baby shower or like you know whatever, a wedding, a bridal party, shower, like just there's they use Pinterest. And so we're like, we want to be on Pinterest. And it was funny like nobody was really advertising or just even we weren't even advertising. We were just putting recipes up on Pinterest because we thought that's where she goes to find that stuff. And we were like, women don't really discover you know, brands and bars and restaurants. If they're at a bar and restaurant, they're not talking to the bartender about like the history of agave.
Speaker 3: You know, probably you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's like I want to hang out with my girlfriends or on my date or with my husband or you know, with my coworkers, Like I just I just want to get my cocktail and get to the talking parts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and those brands have a certain legacy. You were never going to compete with that.
Speaker 4: Now, No, we weren't trying to. Yeah. And I think the thing that I give my sister a lot of credit for Nicole right as our CFO, is that she really did keep us on track. It's the one thing I think as a startup is you can like burn through money, you know, quickly, and just she was very disciplined with us about making sure that we focused on that core consumer because as you might imagine, it's like a really good tasting tequila. Everybody wants a really good tasting tequila at their parties, you know. So we were just as diligent about saying no to stuff, which I think is really important when you're getting going as saying yes to stuff and again until you sort of reach like mainstream, staying very focused on that consumer, like our core consumer, because we just didn't have the marketing dollars to market beyond our core consumer. Raising money takes a lot of time, energy, effort, it's a big distraction, and so we didn't have to do it very often, so that was good. It wasn't just like some magic bullets like oh my god, easy like started to kill a company, sell it and the three of us had very different lanes, right, and we didn't get in each other's way. Like what's huge something really crazy is I was the CEO of the company. I didn't want to be the CEO of the company. I'm like, I'll should be the CEO. I'm not that responsible, but like but I never even had access to the bank account like Nicole fully had. Like I trusted her. I'm like, you do that. I'm going to focus on sales and marketing and you know, product recipes that kind of stuff, and Sarga is product product product, right, just making sure that the you know, it got made, it got to where it need to go and all. And that's like a hole. That's so much work.
Speaker 1: I'm curious about that aspect, though, Kat, because, like you mentioned at the beginning that you were a stay at home mom before this, and this was such.
Speaker 3: A quick rise.
Speaker 1: Were you prepared because a stay at home parenthood is so much work, but being a founder is a different type of chaos. Were you prepared for this and were you even interested? Like, were you like, oh my god, I can't believe I'm the CEO of this big, huge company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was crazy. So yeah, so I would say that a couple of things. One are just to set it in time. Again, right, A lot of our the majority of the time while we were in business, a lot of that was during COVID H So in some ways that made things a little less complicated in terms of like the logistics, right, both from a parenting perspective and a work perspective. Like again, you know, when you're starting a spirits brand, you have to do a lot of travel going to meet with distributors all over the country, and we could do all that now over zoom, So that was really convenient. So there were certainly some advantages of building a business during COVID. And then also on the parenting side, right, the kids weren't like going to soccer practice and you know all of that stuff, so that that was also pared down. So that helped. But even even then when I started the company, like my kids were older, they weren't littles anymore, you know, and my husband and I we always we we had this sort of understanding when we had kids that I would take defense and he would take offense.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I love that.
Speaker 1: What was the best money you spent and the worst money you spent? Okay, so the worst money we spent was with our first branding agency. We thought, okay, we're gonna we wanted this is sort of a category, new new category really in many ways flavored tequila, so we want to go, you know, and we did not come from spirits, so we thought, okay, we're going to spend a big portion of this little money we had on making sure. We wanted to hire a branding agency that was like an industry veteran that you know, had really like done some successful brands before. And we hired them, and we spent all this time working with them, and in the end, they just they weren't listening to us, I think because we were three women honestly, I do that were outside the industry, had no spirits industry experience, had no beverage experience, and really one of us was a stay at home mom, right, and the other financed the other one in food. So and they had this in particular, this one guy like had this image of what this brand should be. And we kept giving him notes, his team notes, and they were just ignoring our notes. And at one point he finally said, I am ignoring your notes. Yeah, he actually said it to me, and I thought, what the heck? Yeah exactly. So I called my sister. It's like, you have to fire him.
Speaker 3: You're an offense exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you know, I like people too much. I can't fire him, so you have to. So she did and that was like, Fortunately, the best money we ever spent was on the agency we hired afterwards, which was a female founded agency with full of women and delivered this product that you see here in front of you, and they just nailed it for us, and they really like they listened to what we had to say, you know. And then that's the thing is that you can keep going and keep sinking more money or you just cut and pivot, and that's what you have to be able to do.
Speaker 1: It's time for another short break, but we'll be right back with Cat Hauntess. And we're back with Cat Hauntess.
Speaker 5: There's a game.
Speaker 3: There's a game. Should we play? Shot Collars? Shot Collar?
Speaker 5: Well, you tell us a little bit of how this came together and what it is.
Speaker 1: So when Cat and I hopped on that zoom, we were talking about a game that women could play on vacation at dinner parties with their families, Like we wanted something that everybody could play while drinking twenty one seeds. And I loved their tagline, the hashtag girls who call the shots, and so we were like, it has to be called shot callers, and we just imagined women who call the shots in their lives drinking twenty one seeds tequila and playing this game with their friends.
Speaker 3: So can we play today?
Speaker 4: Let's do it. Let's do it. Okay, I want it, you go first, tim.
Speaker 5: Okay, the question is what characteristic do you have that has made people want to invest in you?
Speaker 4: Okay, good questions, great question, A good question. And actually a friend of mine just recently said this to me. And so it's funny that you asked this question because maybe three months ago a friend said to me, you know what you are? A cat. He's like, you're a maximalist, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Him and I both had it right now.
Speaker 5: We both died the seat.
Speaker 4: I know a lean back. You guys did a lean back, and I was like, go on, Like, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And he said, you you take whatever opportunity you have, you take it. You connect all the dots and you squeeze every last drop out of it. You don't waste a moment, not one stone unturned. And that is exactly what I do. That is exactly I think. That is the one that is a characteristic that I have that has made me very successful.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is I just pulled this question and I'm going to say the exact opposite of Kat for this. So the question is a wellness or beauty tip you've picked up along the way that's worth sharing.
Speaker 3: I'm a minimalist when I comes to beauty. I feel like less is more.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, less products, less stuff, less procede, Like I'll I'll just do less and you'll be way happier, Like get a massage, drink some water.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent. I totally agree. I'm a minimalist too when it comes to that stuff. One hundred percent. Like I don't remember like the last makeup product I bought. You know, I probably still have stuff for my wedding makeup, you know, like twenty one years ago.
Speaker 3: I love like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, probably packing style now probably is It's true.
Speaker 3: Blue eyeshadow is back.
Speaker 4: Okay for one more.
Speaker 3: This one's funny.
Speaker 1: Have you ever jumped to conclusions about someone based on their zodiac sign? O?
Speaker 4: There's zodiac sign I have? Really really I don't do zodiac at all. Like, I don't know anything about the zodiac signs. I have this one friend who like lives and dies by the zodiac signs. She's always using it in conversation. Almost every time I talked to her on the phone, I'm like, how do you bring that up? You know what?
Speaker 3: You start to say something?
Speaker 5: Hold on, what's your sign?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Exactly?
Speaker 4: Like really what was a zodiac sign?
Speaker 5: And what did you think about that person?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I'm so embarrassed because Kat, You're right.
Speaker 1: I used to not know anything about this stuff when I lived in Cargo and then I moved to LA and everybody the first question you get on a date is what's your zodiac sign? Like?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 1: And so I met a guy who was a Gemini, and Geminis are known to have two personalities two faces.
Speaker 3: You hate that. I hate two faces. I don't like a two face person.
Speaker 4: Nope, So I did.
Speaker 2: I jumped.
Speaker 4: Wait and did you guys date it all? Or no?
Speaker 1: We went on two dates and then I was like, I think he's too much of a Gemini.
Speaker 4: That's so funny. That's so funny. I will see like a parlor trick of trying to like pick up now is tarot card reading? I do think it's cool to know how to do that. Like, I think that's a fun fun like a parlor house, yeah, kind of everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the most recent book, podcast, or TV show that you've been obsessively into lately?
Speaker 4: Okay, so I I read this book called Ultra process People. Have you heard of it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: It's so interesting. It's all about like the the the how ultra processed food got introduced into our food system.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: It was written by two doctors. It's fascinating. It's really really interesting. It's really you know, originally it was because they were just trying to feed soldiers in like the most compact you know form. So basically the way that they would do that is by like putting more fat into the food and more carbs into the food. So how could you do that as fast as possible and like what you know, if you take food and you break it down to just the molecules that's made of, Like do you even need to be using food to do that? Or can use byproducts of like petroleum or other things like that? Fascinating, fascinating reading. And I like to listen well. And my other thing is I like to listen to books like on two x like super fast, because I just because I want to, because you're a maximum maximus, I want to. And my other favorite thing is like the fireflies on Zoom. Now that record zoom calls, you can like using AI now you can record zooms, which I love because you can be you know, in ten places at once. You don't have to be in all the meetings anymore because then you can just listen to them back and it's almost like listening to a podcast. You're just listening to a zoom meeting. I love that. Yeah, So I like, yeah, I'm like, just record it. If I can't be on it, just record it. Send me the fireflies. And then when I'm taking a walk, getting my ten thousand steps, and then I just listen to zooms and you can get so much more done. She's the Queen of AI.
Speaker 3: The first time I met her, she told me about chat.
Speaker 5: To talk about AI.
Speaker 3: Do you use AI in your business at all?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I am trying to become even more proficient at it. I feel like I actually am having a bit of a panic around it because I feel like it's evolving so quickly that like once I get up to speed on something, I think something else new comes out. But yes, I mean, it's amazing how much you can get done with AI. Now. You know, it will take the meeting, it will list out the notes, it will tell you the talking points like takeaways, all of that kind of I'm actually sort of actually think about these generations after It's like what are they going to do with so much free time?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Like, with like AI and robots doing so much for us, It's like, think about it. In the old days, we would spend a whole day just provisioning a meal. You know. It's like, now you're gonna have so much free time, Like what are you going to do to fill your days?
Speaker 1: So I listened to a futurist that said that if we are able to take care of people financially, so like, you know, even though they have all this free time.
Speaker 3: Do they have jobs? Do they have income?
Speaker 1: If we can take care of them financially, he thinks it could create a renaissance of art.
Speaker 4: Oh so yeah, with all this free time, with yeah, you can really like settle into your creativity. People can create more infused tequila brands.
Speaker 3: Learn how to play guitar.
Speaker 4: Learn how to play guitar. Yes, I want to learn how to play a piano. That's the thing I want to do. I need to do that. Do you think you'll do it? I think I will. Yeah. Cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, next time we see you, you'll be playing Mozart.
Speaker 3: She's a maximalist piano. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Kat, thanks for celebrating bold, curious women. And I really feel like every time somebody has the courage to go after something big, it gives us all a little bit more courage.
Speaker 4: So thank you. Amazing, amazing, amazing. Yes, everyone, do it, do it, do it. We love new products, innovation. I love innovation. We're here for it.
Speaker 1: Kat Hauntis is one of the co founders of the infused tequila company twenty one Seeds.
Speaker 3: That's it for today's show.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, we have economist and author Emily oster Back here to give us the latest research on fertility.
Speaker 2: Join the conversation using hashtag the bright Side, and connect with us on social media at Hello Sunshine on Instagram and at the bright Side Pod on TikTok oh, and feel free to tag us at Simone Voice and at Danielle Robe.
Speaker 1: Listen and follow The bright Side on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your pododcasts.
Speaker 2: See you tomorrow, folks, Keep looking on the bright side.