Speaker 1: One of the biggest misconceptions about buying a home right now is that you have to wait for the perfect moment, perfect rates, perfect timing, perfect market. The truth is that moment doesn't really exist. A lot of buyers pause because of headlines or assumptions, but every situation is different. Race change, market shift, and personal goals matter just as much as what's happening nationally. That's why talking to a local lender can be so valuable. When you contacts Doctor Mortgage, you get paired up with a local lender. That lender will give you your options. That lender will explain the situation. You can ask your own questions. That's what it's all about, getting to the closing table as simple and as easy as possible. Our friends at scot To the Mortgage focus on helping people understand their options. Whether you're ready to buy now, later or just starting to ask questions. There's no pressure to make a decision, just a chance to get real information and a clear picture of what's possible. Sometimes the smartest move isn't waiting, it's getting informed. Visit stock to dot com today to learn more about your options. MLS eight two five nine, Equality and Lender n MOLS Consumer Access.
Speaker 2: Quarter Back Hour number two Kentucky Sports Radio here live at Kroger Field.
Speaker 3: It is Miracle Treat Day.
Speaker 2: A dollar for every blizzard you buy today we'll go to UK Children's Hospital or Norton's Children the Children's Hospital in Louisville. We are at the football Stadum. You have one more hour. Go enter at gate twelve. They will give you bring you up. You will get a little tour of the UK.
Speaker 3: Football recruiting room.
Speaker 2: You can stand out here on this elite deck and get the beautiful view of the stadium. Had a ton of people come by during the first hour, but we still have some blizzards. If you can get here before noon again gate twelve, they will show you where to go because it's not necessarily totally easy to find. But had a lot of people come and then you know, Jay Batt was here, went and shook everybody's hand.
Speaker 3: Good turnouts took a while. I think it made hi late to his meeting. Speak for that meeting.
Speaker 1: He shook every fan a good turnout. He shook every fans that came here this morning. That says a lot about I think who is.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about his question by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this guy star of the show.
Speaker 1: Reporter at heart at core. I am a journalist. My job is a journal the journal.
Speaker 2: Yeah didn't I think we saw, like with Fauci, you don't journal, that's true.
Speaker 3: Why does he make keep a diary?
Speaker 1: If you can't keep one like that, burn.
Speaker 2: It, burn it, that's what you need to do. But uh, but I thought he did a great job.
Speaker 1: I thought he killed it. I think he showed a lot of his personality. I think he's got the uh, the heart. His heart's in the right place about what needs to happen for this fan base as well as the athletic team, and that's what we need from our athletic director.
Speaker 2: We have our new Billy, our new uh phrase for him. You know if if if it is.
Speaker 3: Fra if Pope's phrase is beautiful. I think Jay Batts phrase is delta Delta. I heard him say that a couple of times. Yeah, we gotta turn you up.
Speaker 2: Yes you got Because he's he keeps saying the Phoebeian's the delta. I don't know exactly what that means, but I assume it's like some kind.
Speaker 3: Of like it's the X. It's a big thing. It's the centerpiece.
Speaker 5: I'll take him out his word. The big standout for me was his handshake. Strong handshake. That'strong and Ryan's question, by the way, Brian, great job.
Speaker 1: I'm a reporter. What do you expect.
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: Like that he did a you know, I had some people on the text machine say, well, you know, he didn't answer this. Now I understand why he doesn't answer the Congress question because they haven't even seen the bill yet. I mean, it's literally changing by the day, so it's hard to say yes or no. I liked it he said they're going to keep the Louisville series no matter what I think, Mitch. I think that was like gonna be a lean towards not keeping it. So I think that is a definitive change if they are definitely gonna keep the Louisville series.
Speaker 4: Definitely, that was good. You know, it's hard to expect him to answer everything, as he kept saying, forty eight hours on the job. I mean, he's still meeting people and learning the building. But I just liked his energy and enthusiasm. I think that's been lacking for a little while, and he seems like a guy who's ready to get to work and talking about how things are going to continue to change and how you have to be ready for the change. That's what everybody wants in college now, is someone that's embracing the future and not kind of shine away from it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I said that the if the if a business brought their group here, let them off work, I would say.
Speaker 3: Betsy's b LT Uh is it a is it a drink?
Speaker 2: Is that Bourbon Lemonnic they took They took them off work, including uh, a woman that's pregnant and said we're going down there and.
Speaker 1: So nice shout out. Yeah, absolutely, yeah, BLT.
Speaker 3: It's not bacon lest Tomato, it's Bourbon lemon Tonic. I like it.
Speaker 4: They got a blizzard, which I enjoyed myself. Mine's already gone. You guys are slow.
Speaker 2: Well those are good blizzards which you can still get. So good stuff from Jay Batt And you know we talked about the football team out there. I mean, what can you tell by them running little drills? But uh, looks like a very athletic group.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: The offensive line are some massive dudes. Probably is it our biggest offensive line ever? I would assume it is.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it will be the biggest, but it's it's returning to form how it was under slo In all those years. We're putting guys in the NFL and the whole really the identity of the team was the offensive line. Will Stonon made that a priority and we're definitely gonna see it because that had slipped late in the Stoops era.
Speaker 2: They was to announcement yesterday Ryan Pete Nocta will be the new football GM.
Speaker 3: He was basically.
Speaker 2: Second command to the guy who had to leave who had to leave, So, you know, I like it. Pete's We're gonna get some great rivalries because Vince Marrow is at Louisville and Pete Nocta is in Kentucky, and they clearly don't like each other because they talk.
Speaker 3: A lot of trash online.
Speaker 2: They worked together for a year, so I think they you know, they're probably not gonna be breaking bread and rubies, although if Pete goes, he'll see Vince there at some point.
Speaker 1: I've known Pete knactat that he was like five years old. I mean, he grew up in his town. His dad was a legendary football coach in his town. He is a Lexington guy, so it serves only it serves tell me right that he is now the new general manager here because he can do it.
Speaker 4: I know people that grew up with Pete and Lexington and have talked talked to highly of him forever when he was even at Louisville. And I'm getting my Louisville jokes off. It's like, you know, leave knocked off Limbers. He's a great dude, and I've met him a little bit, talked to him since he's been here. I think we're in great hands. Even though they had the surprise exit of Beyond him.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, they've had such a good run that you know, it's it's it's tough. I mean, he was the first guy on the plane beyond though. But but uh, we have to move beyond though uned we're knocked a gonna let it go.
Speaker 5: Well, be your game out here.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. Now.
Speaker 1: What do you think about When you asked Blad about general manager as far as basketball goes, he said he would gonna have some talks with.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have no sources except we're gonna have a basketball gender manager at some point. With that guy's the ad, I mean, you know, I mean, you know, my opinion. So for people who don't know, if you get to today. Later today, Billy will put up the Interrupted podcast, which I did yesterday.
Speaker 3: I taped it with Myron. You should listen.
Speaker 2: Myron and I talk a little bit about the show we're going to do for ESPN, and then we talk you UK basketball in the second half, and you want to hear it because Myron's a good national perspective. And I asked Myron about this specific thing. Billy, do you remember what he said? He said, if everybody else is doing it and you don't, and you're not winning, you might ask yourself, why are you not doing it?
Speaker 3: You know, and look at it. And that's one way to look at it. With Myron that makes some sense to me.
Speaker 2: He was like, now, if you were winning and other people weren't, then maybe they would switch to you. But if everybody else is winning then you're not, and they're doing it differently than you, then maybe you should do it differently.
Speaker 4: And even though football just lost one unexpectedly when he when he left here, will Stein has been very open about the importance of it on the football side and how it did such a great job of building his first transport portal class and even the incoming freshmen and freshman beyond this how much they lean on GM. So we've seen it working for one side of campus. Now the other side needs to get in geared. This is a perfect time for them to start construction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew that in on the new chairbacks up, But I get yeah, I understand that. Yeah, you got it. You can't you can't wait. We gotta do it now, I get it. That's all right. What did you think about the gentle manager question?
Speaker 1: Yes, I thought it was no doubt in my mind he's gonna push to have one for basketball as in addition all these major sports.
Speaker 2: I think there's probably a couple of sports at UK that took a big deep breath when he said we're we're getting rid of no sports.
Speaker 3: I don't think he said that before.
Speaker 2: At least that I have seen, and I know there's at least one sport where people involved in it were worried about that answer. And so I actually think that's a big deal that he said that that we're not we're not getting rid of any sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was emphatically saying that. I mean he could have said something with something if he had said something like, we're going to look into it, then you might be worried.
Speaker 3: Then you'd get worried.
Speaker 1: But he absolutely said no. But he had to do that at Maryland and doesn't want to go through it ever anything like that.
Speaker 4: Again, he won a national championship playing soccer at un C, so he understands the importance and how meaningful of those secondary sports are because he was a part of one that they want to ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's uh, let's talk about a couple of other things.
Speaker 3: Can we all as a group here make fun of Louisville for a little bit, thank you? So?
Speaker 2: Uh so they go to the Bahamas, uh the fire fast Bahamas trip for Louisville. They go down there no broadcast of the game. Louisville fans were rightly upset. I would be upset. I think they have a completely I mean, look, you're asking people to be more and more especially, I mean, Louisville might have the most expensive roster in the country, and you're asking people to be more and more body and it's not too much to say, hey, put the game on something. Eric Crawford wrote an article where he essentially said Louisville couldn't afford to show the games, which I thought you heard my rant a couple of days ago.
Speaker 3: I thought that sounded like the stupidest thing in the world.
Speaker 2: But Eric, I mean, Eric wouldn't have said that unless that's what they told him to be true, right, Like, I mean, Eric's not gonna just all of a sudden say they're broke unless they said that.
Speaker 3: The Louivill fans did not take.
Speaker 2: Kindly to that article, and I give that they shouldn't if they gave me something to make them make fun of them about. It's ridiculous for a school like that to say we can't. I mean, Billy and I I mean, we've set up radio Broak. It's just an air card and a thing like this.
Speaker 4: You can do it right now.
Speaker 3: Literally, all you gotta do is take this and get on a plane.
Speaker 2: So Pat Kelsey came out after the game, which they won by like fifty and Pat Kelsey came out after the game and goes, you know what that was actually on me? He said, I didn't realize people would want to watch it. I didn't realize people would care. And I've been so locked in on the on the on the practice that it just it just it didn't.
Speaker 3: Occur to me anybody would want to see it. Now, it's not the.
Speaker 2: Biggest deal in the world, But if I was a Louisville fan, I'd be like, do you know where you are? I mean, you could make a strong argument that Louisville has the fifths seventh most passionate fan base in the country. And the idea that you did not think anyone would want to see the game is crazy to me. And you know a lot of people have talked about how important a year this is for Mark Pope. I think it's underrated. How important a year this is for Pat Kelsey. I mean, louivill fans. They haven't won a tournament game yet, right, So you know, I thought that was a huge current to start his most important year.
Speaker 1: It is twenty twenty six. Even little leig game that Chilatio Park is South Lexander's a strict live stream every single night. For him to think that his fan base would not be interested in seeing his team play his first team, you know, the first thing a chance to watch his new team play.
Speaker 2: And it's even more true now because you don't know the players, that's right, you know what I mean? Like you don't know any of these guys, and so you really want any moment where you can learn.
Speaker 5: That just seems so far fetched for that to be the reason. You think he's kind of directing some of the anger towards him by any means, because why would he make a decision like that.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's probably what happened. Well, he may be directing it. Like first of all, the a d Josh Hurd, he should have not like everybody should have known.
Speaker 1: Somebody should have just stepped in here.
Speaker 3: You know, you said it's not hard.
Speaker 2: Literally, I mean they had six thousand people watching.
Speaker 3: I mean it's it's kind of amazing.
Speaker 2: They had six thousand people watching a podcast watching the stats come up.
Speaker 3: I want you to think about that.
Speaker 2: There was a stats screen where it would just update basket by whatever, and they had thousands of fans watching the people watching it.
Speaker 3: That tells you they should have put the game.
Speaker 4: You gotta know the appetite for this stuff. I mean, Pat Kelsey's the same dude that goes into the student center is begging people to come to games. You know, I thought he understood the marketing and trying to get the brand out there because he's worked hard on in the past, but to have this in the dark and the Bahamas when this time, I mean we see how into the tvt we are. I mean they would get to watch their actual team.
Speaker 3: I mean we're watching Archie.
Speaker 2: And speaking of the TBT, Archie Goodwin, you talked about how he was talking with the guys on the team Archie Night, Archie Goodwin said, I love the guys on the team and specifically said that he relates a lot to Alex Wilkins.
Speaker 4: What do you think of that those two, especially Archie would point at him, Alex Wilkins pointing back. At one point during a time out, Alex Wilkins walked onto the court and whispered to something Archie almost like what he was telling him to do, and then Archie immediately scored and gave him point. So, uh, that's big for that connection. Archie even said in the postgame press conference like something about seeing how they respect us just makes us want to come back and root for them even more. And that's what we want is for everyone, you know, old and new, to be in this together.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the people here are like this, but I Ryan, I bet you are There's something about watching Kentucky players of different generations connect that like warms my heart. Yes, I don't know why I like it so much, but I just do. Like when I see a guy who played, When I see like Kenny Walker's at the game, they're shigari right, Archie's playing, and the current players are there, and that thread connecting all of them.
Speaker 3: For some I've always really liked it. I'm with you, man.
Speaker 1: We we love these guys as Kentucky Wildcats, and even when their career is over, we continue to love them and follow them in their professional life. But to see them all come together, the different generations have played for different coaches, it is something kind of special about that.
Speaker 4: And the young guys see how they'll be treated. Yeah, that's sort of just coming back for them. They're like, oh wow, this does last forever.
Speaker 1: Here at this point we mentioned, you know, Andrew Harrison. This is the third year in a row he's come back.
Speaker 2: And if you had told me when he left here that he would come back and play in something like this, I wouldn't have thought Archie good or excuse me, Andrew Harrison. I wouldn't necessarily thought he would ever come back here at all because he his his time here was tough.
Speaker 3: And to see him be like almost the leader of it. Oh yeah, I love that, Billy.
Speaker 5: And after the success of the TVT, you think some guys would want to come next year. I mean maybe it opens the floodgates for a whole group.
Speaker 3: So especially if they win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they're just a few. They're one game away from splitting two million bucks. I mean, I think most people could use that right.
Speaker 3: Absolutely so.
Speaker 2: Don Franklin Otto celebrating two hundred and fifty years of America as a family owned dealership. We're proud to celebrate this milestone in American history. Kentucky's biggest and best. Six thousand vehicles, thirty locations, a team that treats you like frank Family. It's Don Franklin Autoka dot Com. Your car is worth more than you think at Don Franklin Scroll click drive, Don Franklin. We are here at Crogerfield. People keep showing up. You got forty two minutes to get here. Get a blizzard, get a behind the scenes look at Kroger Field and watch them put seatbacks in. What else could you want in America? We'll be right back this is KSR work. I'm back at this Kentucky sports radio here. It is Miracle treat Day. Dollar dollar from every blizzard sold for UK Children's Hospital and Norton's Children's Hospital will all sixty dairy queens around the state. Let me just say, Drew, yesterday, our conversation about UH TV characters and restaurants and who they would have voted for ended up. People really like that. I want to thank our fan base for taking that in the right spirit.
Speaker 4: I figured you get a lot of feedback. I didn't know how the also, but you said you had a lot of messages.
Speaker 2: He had a lot of good conversation about other TV characters UH from other shows, and it was good.
Speaker 1: I am shocked you didn't get a lot of them.
Speaker 2: We gotta talk about what did you We gotta talk about it.
Speaker 3: Just leave them on. Where did these come from? You?
Speaker 2: You know these are Joe Biden ava Those are Biden aviators for sure.
Speaker 1: Kady Ray's prescription sunglas.
Speaker 3: Oh you have prescription sunglasses?
Speaker 1: Yeah, prescription sunglass.
Speaker 2: You realize you your transformation into Joe Biden is happening.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, big Blue, you know my sister laws from Hosboro go big.
Speaker 2: Blue who cuts Hey, hey, but I mean that's exactly what he wears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know we're about to say.
Speaker 4: You can see your eyes.
Speaker 3: That is kind of look though I've never seen that on you.
Speaker 1: So these are new yeah, our last remote. They worked out a deal where I was gonna get these prescription shady gray sunglasses, so I get to break them out with you guys today.
Speaker 3: Well, I like it. You look great. I look handsome as you took me off all. What's up? And there? Just hard you? Really? I really do. Look Mario's taking picture. How I look eighty seven. We've got a couple of people.
Speaker 2: Hold go ahead, Rick got Joey up, Frost, Joey, go ahead, Joey.
Speaker 6: Hey man, I love the TVT. It is amazing. My blood pressure has been high as a cot every game.
Speaker 2: But okay, I hope you get it checked out. But that might be other issues with your blood pressure might not just.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm getting into it pretty hardcore. But no, I was gonna give a shout out to the non alumni. There's a few players that I don't think we would have won some of these games without him, And I was thinking, could there a possibility and you guys could get them on an interview. Maybe yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, first of all, they I appreciate the call. The non alumni Drew have played well. The non cat players, what is it? Coffee and McNeil, So that one's been Darryl Morsel, Marsale has been really good. Mander Bell, I'm still figuring out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, McNeil had a big game last night. He had re quiet to this point, he had a big stretches. They're pulling away.
Speaker 1: Chris Coffee, of Courses from Louisville played at Georgetown College. Every play he made last night. Georgetown coach Chris Briggs was up there jumping up and down like Shagari, cheering for his guy out.
Speaker 3: That is cool and I like that.
Speaker 2: I think all of them except one have some connection to the state for for for whatever now. Someone wrote me, can I read you about our potential next opponent, David Steele. Yes, One person wrote, Matt, the community has been a buzz since your All show yesterday. People didn't realize that David Steele is the Davis Steele.
Speaker 3: It has led to strong reactions.
Speaker 2: I expect you may see a couple of people in summer set tomorrow it's right. We're at home to two Suite's hotel in Summerset tomorrow, not very far from David Steele. What do you think you think we should send Mario to David Steele. It's right there on the right.
Speaker 1: It's on the right from Casey County going down to Russell Springs. It's right there on the right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think, well, they have to win tonight, right, but.
Speaker 2: Hey, they play tonight, are they gonna have to bust from Vegas?
Speaker 1: Let's hope so yeah, So yeah, that would be.
Speaker 3: A long trip for them.
Speaker 1: But there are enemy right now. David Steele. We we love you listening to KSR. But if we end up playing you on Sunday for the championship, you are our enemy.
Speaker 5: When they left right like they were, they were sponsoring the law Fability team and.
Speaker 2: But but to be fair, Archie left them to come to us because Archie used to play for them, right, and then Archie came back.
Speaker 3: Home and beat last year and they and they knocked us out last year.
Speaker 2: Who thought we would have such a history with the steel company. To help tell you this, we might put another terriff on him. If they're not careful, that'll show them.
Speaker 3: That'll get to them. That'll show them if they if they start smarting off their mouth.
Speaker 4: They got naming rights to TVT teams. They must because right one person rights. Matt, as a former restaurant or owner, I have a question for you. I i'd like your opinion on My wife and I had an argument ten minutes before a restaurant closes. Is it fair foul to go in and sit down and order a meal?
Speaker 2: This is a great debate in the restaurant world, fair or foul.
Speaker 4: As a former restaurant employee, I'm gonna say foul, and I will also say you will not enjoy your experience if you do that.
Speaker 1: What do you think I I can't do it. I would not do it to people myself, So I definitely vote foul.
Speaker 3: What do you think I'm gonna say fair? Of course you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're open for that long for a reason. If they don't want me to come in and order, then make it a little bit earlier if they close. But I agree with Drue, You're not gonna have the best experience.
Speaker 3: If you do.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna give you a surprise, I'm gonna agree. Yeah, if you don't want it to be open till nine, then close it at eight. However, you have a responsibility if you're the person that walks in at eight fifty, you better tip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you better tipped, and tip well.
Speaker 2: You got it, tip well because you understand you're keeping them longer. But as the owner, I used to say, I used to be like because because sometimes there'd be people who would get mad if you came in an hour before and I'd always go where I mean, this is how long you're open. We've all been. They get and you get paid. Now you have to be fair. That's why you have to tip well. Because the servers don't get paid, but like the cooks, they don't get tipped, but cooks get paid. At least we paid our cooks at a high rate because you couldn't get them unless you did.
Speaker 3: I mean like it was, it was.
Speaker 2: There's a big competitive for cooks here in Lexington, like it's hard to get them and less. I don't remember what we paid, but you pay a lot more than you think. But for servers that's not how it is, so you better tip them well.
Speaker 4: No, the cooks are cussing you out, they've already cleaned the kitchen because they have a long checklist, stuff's already done, and then they have to go back and but they are.
Speaker 3: Getting paid like a regular amount. Not a.
Speaker 4: Percent of cooks cuss out anybody that comes in a fair a half hours because everything's ready to go for the next day and you have to turn the girl back on or maybe you've put away stuff that's been prepped.
Speaker 1: Would you be would you be more in favor of if it place closes at nine, kitchen closes at eight thirty.
Speaker 2: Well, we've done that at the bar before. We've done that. We used to do that a lot. Uh, when we would have football games at night. If we win, the kitchen would be closed, but you could come have a beer or something after that.
Speaker 3: I think that's okay too.
Speaker 1: I think that's okay more to come in to have a drink, but to order a full meal ten minutes before closing.
Speaker 3: But at the same time you're open.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I shouldn't be shamed if the kitchen staff is trying to get ahead and clean up the kitchen before their hours are ashamed. Well, like just like cussed out and up behind the back, and you know people.
Speaker 3: Well they're gonna cuss you out.
Speaker 2: The question is just gonna be whether you know now they're cussing you out in the kitchen like you're not gonna be able to do anything about that.
Speaker 4: Well, then there's gonna be some shortcuts on how your food was made.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 5: May I'm not gonna like this Google review then.
Speaker 3: Okay, but dag you all right.
Speaker 2: I'm not in the industry anymore as an owner, so I'm gonna let you go. But Google reviews that makes me mad too. We'll take a break a very backs ks R run it back Tucky Sports Radio. It is Miracle treat Day UK. Go a Sino Children's Hospital Norton's Children in Louisville. If you buy Dairy Queen a blizzard today, dollar of it will go to the children's hospitals anywhere in Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Go check it out.
Speaker 2: You still got thirty minutes to come up here and see this beautiful view and get just got a handful of blizzards left, but we got a handful of them.
Speaker 3: You can grab one of them before it goes.
Speaker 2: You got thirty minutes to come and we've had a great crowd. And this segment of sponsored by Shady Rays. You see what happens, right, here, I look like a movie star. You look like a movie star. You go to Shady Rays Shady rays dot Com. Promo code is KSR. They got one, oh, just down the street here at the summit one in Louisville at Fritz Farm. It's all there. It's Shady Rays dot Com. Premium polarized sunglasses that can do prescription like old man Lemon here, but they also can do cool and hip like mine and Drew's.
Speaker 3: Go to Shady Rays or shady rays dot com and look as handsome as MEA.
Speaker 2: Eight five nine twenty two eighty seven. Couple off the lines, get us in. Did you see the story guys about the Central Park makeout session?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: This is a very I think this is a very important story. It doesn't look like it's important, but it's important. So two people were just sitting in Central Park on their lunch break making out, okay, man and woman.
Speaker 3: Yep, they're both well. So there are reports about this couple.
Speaker 2: Let me just give you the facts, okay, and then we'll talk about the scuttle bud. The facts are two people were making out.
Speaker 3: In Central Park on a park bench.
Speaker 2: This kid comes up AND's like, what are you doing making out. There's children here, and I watched some of the makeout. Not proud I did it, but I had to do it for journalists. I need to know how to do it. So I watched the make It was a normal makeout.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: There was no groping that I saw. Maybe a little tongue, but I don't know how much. But soft kids, there's a normal makeout. This guy films them and he's like, get.
Speaker 3: Room, what are you doing? Get room? And then he puts it up on social media. For some reason, it goes viral.
Speaker 2: I think it goes viral because when they start making out, they look embarrassed.
Speaker 3: And then the guy is.
Speaker 2: Older than the woman but doesn't look super older, but older, not like a crazy gap, but some kind of gap.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, there are some reports that maybe they're both married to other people, but that has not been confirmed. And then there are some reports that maybe they work at the same law office, but that wasn't confirmed either.
Speaker 3: I can't tell what's real.
Speaker 2: The bigger picture question, do you think people should be walking around taking videos of non famous people making out or should you just leave people alone? And does your answer change if they were married? What do you think again, they're not celebrities.
Speaker 4: I think a central park what a great place to make out scene. It shady, nice breeze, they're a little bench there.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: I think you need to leave them alone, let them enjoy their makeout session. They're not hurting you, they're not trying to make out with you. Just walk on by, Just keep living your life and let them live their life.
Speaker 2: What if they're married to different people? One would be really weird for you to know that. If you do take it up with them, that's still not your business. If you feel like you need to be like, hey, Tom, that's not Lisa and you know them personally, maybe you say something otherwise, keep your head down, keep walking, go you though, Even if you do that, if you want to send it to his wife or her husband, that's fine, But do you put it on the internet for everyone in the world.
Speaker 4: There's enough videos on the internet you can find the people making out. We don't need more, especially complete strangers having a nice private moment in Central Park.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's none ya noneya business? Let them make out in Central Park. Uh, their marriage status has nothing to do with you either. There is this trend of people like filming and public places. They just feel so entitled and I just hate Well.
Speaker 3: That's a bigger picture question.
Speaker 2: Do you think people should be able just to walk around and you're just living your life and then innate you film them and they put them on the internet.
Speaker 5: And didn't give them permission to put myself on the internet. But I get them in a public place, so that doesn't apply. It just seems really strange behavior from that guy with the camera, even if there were children around.
Speaker 4: You know, the type of people that record that. People who don't make out, don't you go find love your own?
Speaker 3: Oh you're saying they were normally making Yeah, they wouldn't have done jealous.
Speaker 1: Does it make a difference that they're in like their their forties early fifties, What if they were younger? Does that make any difference at all?
Speaker 3: Of you guys?
Speaker 2: Well the woman Again, the reports are the man was forty five, the woman's twenty eight. But then again, I mean that's a gap, but it's not like I don't know. Look, if you see like a ninety year old make it out with the twenty I can see you still shouldn't film it back.
Speaker 3: I can see being like, WHOA, what's happening there? But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm went both through and Billy. None of your business. Betty Crocker, stay out of the mix.
Speaker 3: You know it's what you say.
Speaker 1: Well, you could see like, Betty Crocker all up in my mix, get out of the mix.
Speaker 3: Is that the same it is today? Rick?
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard that same Betty Crocker is out of the mix?
Speaker 3: Never heard it? I haven't heard it either. What anyone here heard that same?
Speaker 2: Well you've been looking at all these people, Ryan, Now one person has heard the same Betty Crocker, I'm out of the mix.
Speaker 1: I want each one of you to use it in context today. You got I find a way to use it today. But yeah, he's all up in my mix. He's Betty Crocker.
Speaker 3: He's all up in your mix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get him out of my mirros. That's why he didn't be in my mix.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna use that same thank you I just expected from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just have to tell you I've never heard that. I bet no one has. Did you make it up?
Speaker 3: No? I've heard it over for years.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, my in Middlesbrough, we would say my name's been at nine in ith there you go, or my name's Paul, and that's between y'all.
Speaker 1: So that's why I asked you to make a difference if they were a little older.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let there are three different issues here. There's the age gap, there's the marriage, and then there's the potentially they work for in the same place. I don't think the age gap, that's not an excuse to do it. The marriage only if you know the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, what about the fact that they might work together, well's better to do it in Central Park than in the office. If you're making out in one of the comfort rooms unless you work, I think that's fair.
Speaker 3: I think that's fair that they shouldn't make out in the on.
Speaker 1: Let's break, we're going back and get some smoochers in smoochers Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you think any unless you work there.
Speaker 4: Too, still leave them alone. Yeah, yes, let them make out.
Speaker 1: R I'm sure they were the only people in Central Park that day. That's why I stood out. There's a million people in Central Park.
Speaker 2: So he puts up and now he's getting a lot of backlash because he shows himself in the video. Is now a lot of people are like going after him and go and leave these people, let them be, let them live, let them kiss.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a guy that doesn't make out, he's gotta go film other people doing it.
Speaker 1: But doesn't have to do play off the Coldplay concert those people kind of.
Speaker 2: I think that's what happened. I think the Coldplay concert. But see the thing about the Coldplay concert is that that was just showing people in the crowd, Like I don't think the announcer, I don't think the camera got Coldplay was like I'm catching.
Speaker 3: People that are married.
Speaker 2: He just was panning and then it just so happened they were married.
Speaker 4: They told on themselves.
Speaker 3: They told on themselves with the reaction, so did this couple's at the park telling them a little bit. But at the same time, though I don't know.
Speaker 2: For some reason, Billy, I think it's different when you go to a Coldplay concert they put people on the big screen. When you're sitting in Central Park, I don't think you think you're gonna be on the big screen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the Coldplay can be a sweet right. The kiss cam is something that a lot of people.
Speaker 3: If they told them that, if they hadn't walked away from each other.
Speaker 5: But if you're just in public. This guy thought he was doing some grand thing by posting this video them making out, and it looks.
Speaker 3: Like he was the one that looks like an idiot.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, it was. It's divided the internet everywhere. It looks like we are kind of on the same page we shot with the kissers. Yeah, they five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. By the way, UK Football Media Day is Monday, so we will be back here at this stadium on Monday. They are not giving away blizzards and you all are not invited that day, but it will be going Monday. You have fifteen more minutes to come by and get your post.
Speaker 3: People coming in right now. I love it more people coming in.
Speaker 2: You know what, if we've had more notice, I think we would have had this aeri of pact.
Speaker 3: But we made it to where it is.
Speaker 2: And I'm telling you, I don't know why I keep saying this, but the stadium looks amazing does like this is such a perfect day. Like I don't know that I've seen the stadium look this pretty as it does today. We'll take a break, come back. Final segments Kentucky Sports radio quarterback Tucky Sports Radio here live at UK at Kroger Field. You have twelve minutes to get here thirteen minutes. Miracle treat Day for Tucky Children's Hospital in UK and Norton's dollar for all Dairy Queen Blizzard purchases goes to them. One Person Rights, Matt, and I saw the Invite last night. I didn't think it would be good, but I listened to you and I loved it.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite movie in years. Have either any of you.
Speaker 2: Gone yet after I said this, I've seen. I don't understand any of you seen it. Y'all are making mistake. I'm telling you that thing's good.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's gone.
Speaker 2: In Lexington or not, but it's It's the best movie I've seen the Odyssey, and I think the Odyssey is the second best movie I've seen here, but I think that one's the best thing.
Speaker 3: Wow. So it's getting good reviews.
Speaker 2: From nine seven percent on righting Tomatoes. Right One Person Rights, Matt, you're a lawyer. You should know you don't have a First Amendment right to privacy in public yet. True, but just because it's legal doesn't mean it's what people ought to do. This is a moral question, not a legal question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is it respectful to spy on somebody who's making out of his girlfriends in the Central Park.
Speaker 2: One person writes Matt, he's forty five years old. No forty five year old should be seen making out in public.
Speaker 3: Period. They're gross. That's very rude. Sorry what I kicked him?
Speaker 4: Why did you making out? What two ninety year olds want to make out in public? I think that'll be adorable.
Speaker 1: That's no age, that is true.
Speaker 2: There is a point where you get to be a certain age it becomes adorable. But there might be a point where there is a time, like you.
Speaker 3: Get to ninety. I agree it would be adorable. Is it adorable? I don't want to think adable.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful scene. I did my engagement photos there. We probably kissed.
Speaker 3: You did your engagement photos in Central Park? Yeah?
Speaker 4: There could be actually have it framed in my house.
Speaker 3: I guarantee.
Speaker 1: There's people can out in Central Park every single day.
Speaker 3: Maybe fewer now with this dude walking around, these paparazzi camera.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the So they're following these people around, see, I mean they've made.
Speaker 3: They were just regular people. Yes, I think that's state. Who's up next? John is up next? John? Go ahead? John?
Speaker 7: Hey, how are you guys this morning?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 7: Goble plane. First, on the kissing situation. Have you all ever seen the movie Semi Pro?
Speaker 2: Of course, Semi Pro with Will Ferrell? Yeah, okay, what does that have to do with kissing in Central Park?
Speaker 7: Well, they live by a central motto on the wall and it's everybody Love everybody, and I think we should just let them love each other and not bother them.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, now I see you.
Speaker 7: Now onto the on the football, since you were at the football stadium, I let you get into that for a second. Will Stein, coming from you know, Oregon, being such a high flying offense and having all those you know, offensive studs and five star recruits, how well do you think his style of play and play calling is gonna mix in with Joe Sloan and this sec kind of run, heavy, tough offensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great question. So he so for people who can't hear the call. Here, he's asking about whether will Stein's play calls will work with Joe Sloan. Joe Sloan a lot more of a conservative play caller historically than will Stein, but they are going to have to work together. I've got to think, Drew, this is will Stein's first head coaching job. He ain't coming here to not play his style of football. I mean, I cannot imagine he's gonna hand the offensive coordinator to somebody that's not gonna do what he wants. My guess is will Stein is basically saying taking the view you and I have talked about over the years. Sometimes you want somebody that's a little different to balance you out, to give you a different perspective. But I would be shocked if when they play this first game here in thirty five days, we're not seeing will Stein's offense out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sloan's calling the plays, but it'll have Will's stamp on it. I think people get a little confused. He's not like hal Mummy throwing ay times a game. He's actually had great running backs at Oregon and he's done a good job. They've had injuries where he had to adjust on the fly and they've had to go to run heavy offenses, or you know, they had some uh which of the tight ends a lot last year. It's not everybody's got this air raid mindset which he likes to score a lot of points, but he has a pretty balanced offense.
Speaker 2: It's not Yeah, I think that's a great point. This is not the air raid. This is, though, an up tempo usually short passes, use the tight ends, run a quarterback.
Speaker 4: That's mobile, throw to the running backs the day.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of the offense you see all over college football. But this is not the days where you're just dropping back and throwing thirty yards off.
Speaker 4: Nobody does that anymore. You gotta have a good running back in the sec. He's even said that himself, if.
Speaker 1: I'm not mistaken. His last couple of good teams that he was offensive coordinator, he had a thousand yard rusher.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: Yes, So that tells you right there when the offense is gonna be designed a round.
Speaker 2: Somebody asked this a couple of days ago. We didn't get to it. How many points a game do we average this year?
Speaker 1: I'm i'most say twenty four.
Speaker 3: That's not enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going higher. It better be higher than that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just don't think with our defense, we're not gonna win if we're If we're scoring twenty four sec, first of all, you're gonna get Youngstown State in Alabama.
Speaker 3: So presumably you put it on.
Speaker 2: Presumably you put a couple of games up where you put up a lot of points.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say twenty nine point seven.
Speaker 4: I swear to you, I was gonna say twenty nine point seven five. I've been know you because I wanted just under thirty and I was gonna be different, say point seventy five.
Speaker 3: I was thinking that before even answered great minds, what about.
Speaker 5: You, I'm gonna go even more than that. I was thinking, like thirty one.
Speaker 3: And now if we average thirty one, we're gonna be really good.
Speaker 5: Yes, I want to say something on the Joe Sloan part. I don't think success comes from just one person. I think it takes a village a lot of times, a lot of Hillary don't know about and so Joe's loan quarterback coach of Jaydon Daniels at LSU, I think he's gonna be a great it with will Stein.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know a lot about Joe Sloan, but what I've learned about Will Stein, and I've gotten to know him a little bit since he's been here, that's a dude with supreme confidence. Drew I mean you saw it saying because of me, that's a dude who is opening up. I mean, look, us standing here today is partial proof of this. But the mindset of UK Athletics and UK's football specifically has changed about as much as you can imagine in the last forty five days.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't really see.
Speaker 2: It on the field because we haven't played a game yet, but I can tell you I've been dealing with these folks here for a long time, and everybody works here is a good person. But you know, a lot of times it was difficult for us in our relationships with UK, and I didn't always know why. You know, some of it I think was in the basketball side with Kay. I always got along with Stoops, but I think he became a little nervous at the end and became a little close, close, closed off. But it's become clear to me that there's been a directive in the athletic department and in football that we are opening up this to media more fans. You know, we're gonna be modern, and I can't imagine Ryan that doesn't show in the way they call plays and what they do on the field.
Speaker 1: I agree with everything you just said, right there. And that's why I think this combination that he's brought in his coaching staff. I think he brought in guys that he can feel comfortable with turning over. You know, that's gonna be a big deal for Will starting to give up calling plays. If he wants to seriously turn it all over to Joe Sloan, let him do it from a stoop. Tried to keep his nose out of it.
Speaker 3: Couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Couldn't keep his nose out of calling plays. We'll see if Steve couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: But I but it also he was a defensive guy, and part of the problem was he was a defensive guy putting his nose into off.
Speaker 3: Will's an offensive guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, Will's gonna be doing his thing. And let me just again giving an example about what happened today. So we had always been scheduled to have Jay here, but at four forty five yesterday, UK calls me and says, why don't we why don't we do it at the facility.
Speaker 3: And I mean, I was like, we used to not even be allowed. It's a trap fail. I was, he was, We're gonna trump us when we get here. Trying to take us out. Uh.
Speaker 2: And then I said, well, look, I'd love to do that, but you got to understand tomorrow we're doing this thing where we're giving blizzards away, which means the public is gonna come. You guys don't want the public. I would assume there. And they called me back ten minutes later and go, we'd love to have the public there.
Speaker 3: That would not have happened. That would not have happened a month and a half ago.
Speaker 2: And then Billy and Jake worked from six o'clock to eleven o'clock because there were a lot of details. There were a couple of ads were not allowed to do on campus for understandable reasons.
Speaker 3: Of things we do, and we get all that done and we finalize at eleven o'clock. Drew.
Speaker 2: None of that stuff happens. None of that stuff happen weapons last week. So I do think that to me, Ryan is a mindset of this and it will.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine it doesn't show on the field. Totally agree with that. The UK.
Speaker 1: I think the new regime wants to be more fan friendly, and this is part of it. You know, we're the fan and the radio station. They allowed Tom Leech to come on the pre show. Maggie Davis has been on with it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's another thing. We were not allowed.
Speaker 2: People have asked me for a long time, have Maggie Davis on, Have Maggie Davis on more, and we're going to. But we weren't allowed to. We weren't allowed to have Tom Leech on. We weren't allowed to have Jack Gibbinson.
Speaker 3: Right. That has now changed changed.
Speaker 2: You will get to hear those people on and uh, I'm excited about it because to me, when this stuff is rolling, it's when everybody's on the.
Speaker 3: Same same page. That's when things are rolling.
Speaker 4: You can even say that's like the delta, when everything's all together.
Speaker 3: We do it this way, Billy, It's beautiful.
Speaker 5: It is and in at a time where everything's trying to compete for your attention. This, I think this goes a long way to the experience with.
Speaker 3: Fan and why is it happening? Well because of me?
Speaker 1: Because of me?
Speaker 2: Not because of me, I'm not. I'm just you know, I was trying to keep with the theme. But Ryan, I also say this is the day Ryan Lemon was back.
Speaker 1: Yeah with that question, Okay, he said a word.
Speaker 2: I wasn't sure we could say, but that said a word that probably, if Rick maybe should have dropped.
Speaker 3: If that's a Ryan Lemon day, he's back. Let's back, and we're back for football. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go be young Town State. Dammit, that's Pearl Young's town. Stay in the game's thirty five days away.
Speaker 3: Let's go beat him.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you all very much for coming out. Go get a blizzard today somewhere in Kentucky. We'll see you tomorrow in summrset. This has been Kentucky Sports Radio