Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Football.
Speaker 3: All Right, Cowboys wide receiver Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 4: You just heard his name.
Speaker 3: He is an integral part of the Cowboys offense. He restructured his contract.
Speaker 2: I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: He was asked by a fan on x why he did it, to which he replied.
Speaker 4: I want to win.
Speaker 3: It's going to take more than just myself. So let's talk about the Cowboys. They currently there's their new head coach. They currently have the NFC's longest streak of brutal strip writing not appearing in a conference championship game, Kyle, So they can thank the commanders for that one. What is it going to take for the Cowboys to once again lift up their fan base and make some noise in the NFC East in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: Kyle?
Speaker 3: I know you just love this question so much. Your heart is growing three times bigger as I ask it.
Speaker 5: I do, yes, like the Grinch, but that's the opposoite this. It's an exciting time to be a Cowboys fan. Actually, the expectations are low. There's a new coach, there's a new future, and what are the Cowboys need to do. Guys, I'm going to really impress you here. This is a twenty dollars bill. This is my per diem I get from the network. Okay, the Cowboys have literally millions of these.
Speaker 6: What you want to do is.
Speaker 5: You want to take them, hand them to young athletes in exchange for goods and services. Okay, don't burn it, invest it, spend it.
Speaker 4: For the love of.
Speaker 5: God, you can't take it with you, Jerry. We know what happened last year. They were the lowest spenders in free agency by far. They had barely half of what the next lowest spenders did.
Speaker 7: They just sat there.
Speaker 5: And they hoarded it all, and then they had a terrible season and extended their streak of not even making it to a title game.
Speaker 6: Let's look at the history, though. You think this is the year free agents, let's go.
Speaker 7: Let's let me make splashes.
Speaker 5: In the last fifteen years, fifteen years else Cowboys have signed one free agent who made a Pro Bowl. That free agent was Brian Anger.
Speaker 6: Guys, he plays punter.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: Fifteen years Pro Bowl free agent punter. This is in the now post Saquon era, in which their arch rival just won the Super Bowl. I have signed a free agent two thousand and seven. Then you have to go back to Leonard Davis as a free agent you want to look in for a free agent home run. He played four of his seven contract years and he's a guard before now you have to go to Tara Loans and guys. That's like I'm just getting out of college at this point.
Speaker 6: This is how long we're talking about.
Speaker 5: As we see these fans who just watched the damn Eagles win the Super Bowl and the Commanders have a dream season.
Speaker 6: Jerry, let's go.
Speaker 5: He has told this show that he said in his Jerry Charms that my hand doesn't cramp.
Speaker 6: Up when I write checks. Well, maybe we should check out.
Speaker 5: I think maybe Jerry might need some elector lights or like some bananas or something like that, because.
Speaker 7: The hand is cramping.
Speaker 5: And if you didn't do it last year, and you haven't signed a Pro Bowl free agent since a punter, what are we waiting for?
Speaker 6: The Cowboys? Are this elderly person.
Speaker 7: In your life?
Speaker 5: Do you know one who they're terrified to spend any money and they don't even want to go out and buy a sandwich, let alone go on a vacation.
Speaker 6: You're like, you've saved your whole life. We checked the finances. You're good, You're comfortable.
Speaker 5: No, I just I think I should just stay here and set on my couch and watch reruns Cowboys get out there live. The wide receiver says, I can't do it alone, and he's right, go fight fire with fire. And I can't believe I have to tell the Dallas Cowboys, America's team, spend some money. Go treat yourself. You've earned it. It will work, give it a try.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So a couple of weeks ago, Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones comes out and says, we're going to be selectively aggressive this offseason.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 8: I think that's a great approach to the off season. Now they've already started doing that a little bit. They restructure CD LAMB. They just restructured Dak Prescott as well, so they opened up.
Speaker 4: A little bit money. But I'm with Kyle. I think they need to spend a lot of money.
Speaker 8: But where they need to spend it is in house instead of going to free agency. You need to keep the core guys that you have on your roster right now. If you want to win in my opinion, what does that look like. Well, they already did one of those things. Osa Odiggi zoo wall I love that. Four years eighty million very well. Deserve a great d tackle DeMarco Farr. He is a problem up front.
Speaker 4: He is a.
Speaker 8: Disruptive player, and if you're a defensive tackle, that's the definition that you want. Very disruptive. He can stop the run, but he can also get after the quarterback. The next guy that you need to focus on, I think everyone agrees, is Michael Parsons. He wants to be extended. You need to extend him. You need to pay him. He has a staple on your defense. You need to find a way to keep him, keep him in Dallas for a very long time, because if you want to win games, you need guys like number eleven on your roster.
Speaker 4: You need Miles Garrett, you need TJ. Watsh.
Speaker 8: You need some of the best defenders in football on your team. The next guy for me is, in.
Speaker 4: My opinion, one of their top priority guys.
Speaker 8: He's been there for a couple of years. They drafted him back in twenty seventeen. He's a homegrown guy. But that's defensive back Jordan Lewis. I thought he played phenomenal last year. He was very good at that nickel position right, and he's had such versatility. He can cover the tight end, he can cover the slot receiver. He's great in the run game. He is a staple on your defense, and they need to keep him around. He hasn't had a payday yet. He's been playing a lot on on veteran contracts, and he's been in the league now for eight years. It's time to pay him. So those are a couple of guys for me that they need to focus on. Out of those three, they've already paid one of them, but they still need to go out and pay Parsons and Lewis. In my opinion, I'm with Kyle on the Commanders. Just playing the NFC Championship game against Eagles. Two of your rivals, one won the Super Bowl, one is supposed to be in a rebuild.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 8: If I'm the Cowboys, We're seven and ten and we missed the playoffs. And I know the years before that that they have been to the playoffs, and last year they had some injuries. But it just feels like every year the Cowboys over promise and under delivered, Right, and the fans are starting to get tired.
Speaker 4: They want to turn that corner.
Speaker 8: Why are the Commanders in the NFC Championship and we're still struggling in twenty twenty four, So they've got to make some big decisions.
Speaker 4: This is a huge offseason for the.
Speaker 3: Dallas Okay, are you going to sit here right now and say that, Oh so Digazoa, Jordan Lewis and Michael Parsons. Those paying those guys, that's what's going to have you beat the Phildelphi Eagles.
Speaker 4: That's going to be it.
Speaker 3: It's not going wide receiver. You're thinking selectively aggressive implies on defense.
Speaker 8: That's where you start. Michael Parsons one of the best players in football. Oh so Diggy's a younger player who's just going to keep getting better. And then Jordan letis a veteran. I think those are three guys that are a staple. And then after we secure that, then we can go and spend some more money in free agency. But I think it's so important, And Kyle said they've been going to getting.
Speaker 4: Free agents and none of them are really panning out.
Speaker 8: Focus in house and then let's go branch out and go find some guys in free agency.
Speaker 4: They can help us.
Speaker 3: With Marko, I feel like we're in the upside down right now. Cody's advocating to pay the defense, and I'm sure you're going to come at me now with wide receiver one.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 9: I was thinking about it, right I was really thinking about it now. I mean trying to beat the Eagles right now. I mean they could be set up for a long run. I mean they're real, real good, so that's tough. But I mean looking at Jerry two things. Number One, I think the Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world period.
Speaker 7: And he's a good actor. It was awesome. He was great on Landman, so good stuff.
Speaker 9: But thinking about Dallas moving forward, you're right, I'm glad you mentioned Michah Parsons.
Speaker 7: Outside of Mahomes or any of the.
Speaker 9: Offensive guys we consider one of the best in the league. I think Michaeh. Parsons is one of the best players we've ever seen.
Speaker 7: He really is.
Speaker 9: He can line up absolutely anywhere, he can rush from anywhere, and he can cover.
Speaker 7: Just as well. So and I like what he said.
Speaker 9: I know Max Crosby just you know, set the market, but Michaeh. Parsons was quick to say, I don't need to be the highest paid guy in the league to be effective. That's not what he's after. He's after wins. He's after championship. So anyway you can figure out to get Dak Prescott over the hump, Dak puts up numbers. I like Dak Prescott, don't you? And everybody does. The guy can absolutely play. Why he hasn't gotten farther than he has is beyond me. But I do look at this at Brian Schottenheimer getting his shot to be the Cowboys coach. I know shoddy shot. He's a good man, he's a good dude, and he's a fantastic coach. We're gonna find out if he can be a head coach. I think he's in the right spot.
Speaker 7: We'll see.
Speaker 9: He's got a lot of pieces to work with. He's got Ceedee lamb, he's got Dak. Like I just mentioned, they're not that far away. The problem is Philadelphia is in your division. Easier said than done. So we'll see what happens with the Cowboys, And I'm with you. I bet that fan base is getting restless. But it's the Cowboys they're going to be there every single Sunday.
Speaker 8: And the commanders are only getting better, right, They're going to keep getting They're going to get more skilled.
Speaker 7: I'm a lifelong Cowboy fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 10: My text chains are filled with many bad words about what the Cowboys have accomplished lately. But it's real easy to say, we got to spend money. We got to spend money. I know, DAK and CD just restructure. There's still huge numbers against the cap, and again I don't pretend to understand how the cap works. Certain teams seem to be able to circumvent that better than others.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 10: But if you sign Parsons, which you absolutely have to do, you're looking at another huge deal. How many top premiere free agents are they going to be able to go out and get with those huge guys already on their books.
Speaker 7: I don't understand it.
Speaker 4: It's a great point.
Speaker 8: They're one of the teams that's going to heavily benefit from the salary cap going from two undred and fifty five million.
Speaker 4: To undred and eighty million. But I'm with you.
Speaker 8: If you want to have star players, you can only sign so many, right, and then you have to go find guys in the draft. You have to go find maybe some veterans that have been in the league for a while that don't want max contract. So it's going to be interesting. But there's a lot of hurdles for the Jones this offseason, for the Cowboys to become a true continent.
Speaker 9: I am with Kyle, though it's weird that we're trying to convince the Cowboys to spend money.
Speaker 7: That's weird. Are they not?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 10: Like, where are they in the salary in the overall?
Speaker 8: Like, well, so right now, I know they were a team that's going to have to jump some hurdles.
Speaker 3: They were showing I know the exact number after the.
Speaker 10: Yeah, why do we think they're not doing their job?
Speaker 2: Kyle?
Speaker 4: Do you have an answer to this question?
Speaker 5: Well, listen, I love Micah and I love Dak.
Speaker 7: It's guys.
Speaker 5: They were both out there last year when the Cowboys lost by thirty eight points to the Lions. They were out there when the Cowboys got slaughtered by the terrible Saints at home. The guys they have are not getting it done. We need you guys, and just it's easy to look at Sakuan to Philadelphia and that's the glimmering object, and I get it, but maybe look at Washington, look at look at zach Ertz, and look at Bobby Wagner and look at Austin Eckler. Those guys weren't super expensive, high priced items, but they were huge parts of the run that they made. They changed the team, they changed the locker room, they made huge plays. The guys that Dallas have, as expensive as they need be, are not enough. One of them is actually saying on social media, we're not enough. It's not just to get your own finances in the house is not enough. That house is nothing right now, you got to bring new people to the party. If they go through this free agency and do the cowboys thing again, We're like, yeah, they didn't do much. I just you actually get accusatory with them. You're like, do you care? Do you want to win? Do you want to make money? Like what are you doing? Go out and bring some people in and if they don't work, you tried, but take some damn swings, let's go.
Speaker 3: It doesn't feel like they're at selectively aggressive yet, I guess is where this conversation landed.
Speaker 4: Well year before they were all just aggressive aggressive. Why does it have to be selective?
Speaker 2: They do this.
Speaker 3: They do this at the trade deadline, like good, We're going to say everybody, We're going to sign everybody.
Speaker 2: The Kers do it?
Speaker 4: Why are you all in two years ago over there?
Speaker 8: Yea, that was there, and they spend the least amount of money in the entire off season. So there was a lot of heads scratching and in confusing.
Speaker 4: With that.
Speaker 2: Good money football, good mon football.
Speaker 3: Browns general manager Andrew Berry did not waiver on his stance that the Browns have no interest at all in trading all pro pass rusher Miles Garrett Kyle, despite Miles Garrett putting the statement out himself not long ago, saying I would like out of Cleveland this. I called it awkward the other day, and I think Peter corrected me.
Speaker 4: He's like, it doesn't feel awkward to me. I'm still going to hang my hat on his awkward.
Speaker 11: I wonder why Peter said that.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 5: We'll asking when he's back. I don't think Miles Garrett's playing for the Browns. I don't really, I don't not on his end, you know, I'm sure that they're like, he's our best player, he's maybe the top three player in the league. We're not letting him go. I think he has strong convictions. I think he's seen a lot of things. I think he wants out. I just want to address one thing. I was reading a lot about Miles Garrett last night, and one of the things that comes up is this idea of teams that could potentially be suitors if the Browns were to agree to part with them. And there's this pushback about, like, you know, Miles Garrett is going to be so expensive, just draft an edge rusher, Like have you ever seen Miles Garrett play football?
Speaker 7: Like what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: You could bring up all the guys in this year's draft, all the edge rushers in last year's draft, and next year's draft.
Speaker 6: None of them are Miles Garrett.
Speaker 5: These are great players right here, they're not Miles Garrett's and even if you were to draft room, they're not gonna be Miles Garrett.
Speaker 7: He is put it this way.
Speaker 5: You know how good you have to be to win a game on national television and then the postgame reporter goes to you and says, so, Miles, how do you see the best players on defense in the league right now?
Speaker 6: And to say this I'm number.
Speaker 4: One, and no, that's fine, as you been to one edge one to depend to play of the year.
Speaker 7: I'm the guy, so that runs to me.
Speaker 5: With due respect to the guys coming out or other free agents. Nobody's that guy last year.
Speaker 7: TJ.
Speaker 5: Watt wasn't that guy. That guy is that guy. I know Cleveland wants to hold on to him. I think he's determined to leave. Don't think you can get anything else other than him if you move for it.
Speaker 7: Pete said it wasn't awkward.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I said, wow, Peter, this seems awkward. We're a player to put out a statement and then for his general manager at head coach to openly is just say like, no, that guy's playing for us next year.
Speaker 4: I deemed it awkward.
Speaker 3: Peter said it wasn't because he's just he was convinced that the team was steadfast and that they will work something out, and that how you couldn't let Miles Garrett walk out the door.
Speaker 7: Makes perfect sense.
Speaker 9: I get both sides now, because if you're Cleveland, you never let him go.
Speaker 7: He's one of the best players we've ever seen.
Speaker 9: I mean, he's almost a guarantee, a lock for double digit sacks of the year. He cannot be blocked with one or two.
Speaker 7: He is just that guy.
Speaker 9: So I understand the other side of him, and I was shocked about Joe Thomas and other players that were in Cleveland that have lost for so long. You need to, you know, try to get out of there if you want to win. You're getting towards the end of your career. So I get for Miles Garrett's coming from. I want to go someplace where I can win, where this stuff where we see doesn't get buried in the highlights. Yeah, where it actually gets, you know, put to the forefront. He is, like I said, the pre eminent player in the National Football League along defensive line. And so SO saw him in Los Angeles. He happened to be in the same suite I was in for a Lakers game. Just walked in and it's so funny. His shoulders couldn't fit through the door, but his waist was like a thirty two. It's like if you were cut like a superhero.
Speaker 8: I was in Cleveland his rook in the year when we drafted him. He is one of the best physical specimens I've ever been around in my entire life, and he's so athletic. But this is the most intriguing offseason story for me. It really is, because it's completely two different sides of the spectrum. You have Miles Garrett on February third, who says to the world, I want to be traded. Then he goes on radio row during the Super Bowl week doubles down, I want to be traded.
Speaker 4: I want to be traded. Fast forward to the combine.
Speaker 8: Then you have Andrew Berry, the general manager, come out and say we're not trading them, He's not going anywhere. And then you have Kevin Stefanski reiterate that and say, you know he's going to be here. He's a part of our president, he's a part of our future. He's going to be on the team this year, next year, in the year after that. So it's two completely opposite sides. And the thing that worries me is that Miles Garrett didn't come out and say I want more money, right, I want X amount of dolts I want I want to be traded to a team that's going to win a Super Bowl. And if you do trade Miles Garrett, I believe you're starting your rebuild.
Speaker 4: If you're the Browns thirty and fourteen a year ago.
Speaker 8: If you let your best player walk away trying to get multiple first round picks for him, you are basically saying.
Speaker 7: What do you get for him? Yeah, that's the question.
Speaker 4: You can get anything you want right now in this fall.
Speaker 8: You're committing to a rebuild, saying that we know we're not going to get there because they're not competitors right now. They really aren't. This is a huge offseason for the Browns. They have the number two overall pick outside of the Saints. They have the worst salary cap situation in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Andrew Berry is.
Speaker 8: Gonna have to jump a lot of hurdles when it comes to free agency. It's just it's a very difficult situation. I just don't know how they can keep Miles Garrett happy and figure out a way to contend.
Speaker 7: Nowhere to go on, you nail it.
Speaker 5: If there's money problems, you can fix them. We'll figure it out, get someone to adjust it.
Speaker 6: Fine.
Speaker 5: He said that this past season was worse than ZHO sixteen for him, Like it's not about money, It's like I want out of here.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine going to work there?
Speaker 5: And there's this whole Deshaun Watson thing that you've gone through, not to mention the losing.
Speaker 6: Now Watson's hurt. What is this team?
Speaker 5: I'm deep in my career. I've never won squat. I want to win something. I want to be one of the greats. I want to be Reggie White running around with the Packers holding up the low. I don't think it's money, it's I don't want to play here anymore.
Speaker 6: I don't live here anymore.
Speaker 3: In the statement, it was I want to go from Cleveland to Canton. And I think what he's implying is that, like, if I stay here, you are messing with my goals and my career goals in his like Hall of Fame pursuit. You know, that's a very specific direction that he wants to do. I'm a conspiracy theorist. I think that ownership GM coach, they are going to say he is not going anywhere, to drive up the price and to see what they would get for Miles Garrett, because I think somebody would want a.
Speaker 4: Bad Land and I don't care what you have.
Speaker 9: He's better. Yeah, I would trade anything to get me Garrett.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 5: Anytime we let our self think about landing spots every.
Speaker 6: Time you're like, oh God, no, he's gonna go to Philly.
Speaker 5: Oh it's terrifying. Like it's almost like we can't have that happens. It's like, you know, David Stern, like nullifying trades.
Speaker 7: Wait we can ye fair.
Speaker 5: I mean this is like to the Lakers, like we can't have Miles Garrett in a Philadelphia get a Miles Garrett in anywhere.
Speaker 3: The one move for Miles Garrett with everything that that team would have to give up, would be parallel to the Rams and how they did all those things with the picks a couple of years ago in order to win.
Speaker 7: I hope it's out of the West.
Speaker 8: To Jamie's point, though, it gets to the situation of do we keep Miles Garrett he's not happy and we know he doesn't want to be here, or do we pull the trigger on a trade and try to figure out the situation now, Because like I said, I just and not a lot of fund memories in Cleveland, but I love the fans, I love the city. You know, they treated me well. I want to see them be successful. I want to see him when I think Miles Garrett has to be a part of that picture but if he doesn't want to be there, I.
Speaker 9: Bet they don't blame the point because eventually he's going to have to come back and play. Yeah, he is, because he's on a Hall of Fame type career and you've got to play.
Speaker 5: Keep those their logic in trading, taking the huge king's ransom of picks and rebuilding your team, which you need to do otherwise you.
Speaker 6: Keep a fantastic defensive end.
Speaker 5: I get he's a great player, but you can spend that stuff and the real building blocks and the quarterback and all.
Speaker 4: That, and that's a huge jumpstart to the rebuilding.
Speaker 3: So I have and they've had him, and they even having him, they haven't won the way he has wanted to, or frankly, the way the organization probably wants to with him in the building. So he's great, but they got to do something, and I'm still calling it awkward. Third down, here's a look at Lancer. I will not take any other word to Marco. Here's a look at Lancer lines mock draft two point zero. We're already onto the second version in mock drafting season. He has the Browns taking Colorados Heisman Trophy winner Travis Hunter after the Titan selects Abdul Carter number one overall.
Speaker 4: Let's do this ourselves.
Speaker 3: Who should the Browns take with the second overall pick. We'll start with the former Brown himself, Cody Kessler.
Speaker 8: Obviously, the Browns need a quarterback, and it's pretty consistent. And obviously, I know there's some different mock drafts out there, but a lot of people think they're going to take a quarterback at number two. I'll say this, if you're not one hundred percent sure, if you're not one hundred and ten percent sure that the quarterback you're taking is the future of your franchise for at minimum the next five to seven years, do not make that pick. You Just because a team needs a quarterback doesn't mean you have to take a quarterback.
Speaker 4: And I feel like that happens a.
Speaker 8: Lot in drafts, to where teams feel like, well, this is the top guy and we need a quarterback, let me take him, or feel like, you know, this is the next best quarterback available and we need a quarterback, so let's pick a quarterback.
Speaker 4: You don't have to do that.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of very talented players at the top of this draft board, right and I'm fine with either one with the Browns. If they take Abdul Carter and he's still there or Travis Hunter and he's still there, I'm completely fine with those two picks. All I'm going to say is if you're not fully sold on the quarterback, you don't have to take him, because if the Browns take the wrong guy at quarterback, they are going to set their franchise back for multiple years. They can't miss again on the quarterback. And that's why I say for Andrew Berry, this is his most important offseason as a general manager for the Browns.
Speaker 7: We think just thinking what else is in the room?
Speaker 9: Because I'm thinking how to build a football team and I have to go out there and take snaps in September. So what else am I going to trot out there? If I don't take a quarterback high? I'm asking, like, who's in the room, Like, we need someone to take some.
Speaker 4: Money in free agency? Get a guy, or.
Speaker 9: I could take a young guy that I like or kind of like in cam Ord and say, let's see, now, I get you.
Speaker 7: It's a high pick and it's.
Speaker 9: There's risk involved. But what else am I go to put on the field? I need someone to take back?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 9: There's a good chance that the guy may actually pan out. He was a really good college player. Of all the quarterbacks in the draft, I think I like him the best. I think he is game ready right now. So I wouldn't hesitate if I'm Cleveland to take a quarterback, especially if I needed one.
Speaker 5: And you know, Cody's point is, I get it, but don't take the wrong quarterback just for the sake of taking a quarterback you knew is you find a Jamis type and you put them out there and you try your best, and maybe you go six and eleven in the quarterback next year?
Speaker 6: What kills me?
Speaker 5: What kills me if a Browns fan is like, of course, we have the second overall pick in the non quarterback draft.
Speaker 6: We couldn't have taken Jason Daniels last year, couldn't we could.
Speaker 4: Have taken Drake.
Speaker 6: Maybe they were coming out.
Speaker 5: Of our ears last year, right outside the top of anybody.
Speaker 7: But this is what Miles Garrett's talking about.
Speaker 9: Okay, So you're going to keep waiting to rebuild and I'm just I'm putting in Hall of Fame numbers and we keep losing. You know, if you're going to keep doing this I'm out, so it makes sense, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think they should sign a quarterback and free agency and take the best athlete at that spot. And even if you trade back a couple and get another first round pick or another second round pick.
Speaker 2: Build your team.
Speaker 3: It's not just about one guy. And again we've seen that with Miles Garrett.
Speaker 4: One guy can't win you football games.
Speaker 3: Quarterback can't, if an edge rusher can't with Miles Garrett, you got to build the entire team best athlete on the board.
Speaker 5: I actually don't hate Donald in Cleveland. That's what I'm And when you talk about free agents, I like the pairing there. I feel like Stefanski and O'Connell have a lot in common, and you know, they don't have the weapons that the Vikings do and they don't play in the dome. It's not ideal, but I don't hate Donald in Cleveland.
Speaker 11: How much for Donald, I mean probably a lot.
Speaker 4: That's what we keep hearing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, good football, good football.
Speaker 3: We had Max Crosby on the show about a month or two ago in January, and it was really fun having him on because Max would say a single word a certain direction in the studio and everyone onlines like what's the Easter egg?
Speaker 4: Where is he going to go?
Speaker 3: When Max Crosby speaks, people listen, and yesterday on The Rush podcast, he said this about Aaron Rodgers, a now free agent quarterback.
Speaker 4: Quote, I think.
Speaker 3: This year fully healthy, full off season. My prediction is he's going to have a great year. He being Aaron Rodgers, I think he's going to have a big year, and I hope it's in our town.
Speaker 2: Our town.
Speaker 3: Crosby still under contract with the Raiders, although there is some restructuring efforts. I'm sure that is taking place with the star defensive player Cody big time takeaway from Max Crosby effectively giving a pitch for Aaron Rodgers to come to Vegas.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 8: Now, I don't know if he's going to be in Las Vegas, but I think Rogers can still play a high level if he's on the right team.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 8: But you got to look back at what his demands were. He said he wanted to play somewhere or it was warm weather, right, let's check for Vegas. But he also said he wants to go to a contender, a team that can win. I don't know if Las Vegas is quite there yet right now that They do have a lot of money to spend their second and salary cap behind the New England Patriots.
Speaker 4: Right, so they can go out there and get some pieces.
Speaker 8: They're gonna have to pay quarter if they do, so that'll take a little bit of a hit, but overall, they have money to spend and go get guys.
Speaker 4: Another thing too, though, is do the Raiders.
Speaker 8: Value Aaron Rodgers more than they value Sam Dharmer or a guy that's maybe a little bit younger that still has some more to play, you know, or a Kirk Cousins, another veteran that's out there, or they value a guy in the draft right now, and they're keeping the cards close to their chest with that six overall pick, and then they go out and get a veteran that's a backup and allow a rookie to go play.
Speaker 4: So I think there's so many question marks with this.
Speaker 8: But like I said, last year, Rodgers had thirty nine hundred yards, twenty eight touchdowns, only eleven interceptions on a team that started falling apart right. They struggled throughout the rest of the year and then they had, you know, a change.
Speaker 4: At the head coach.
Speaker 8: If they fired their head coach fire, their GM, all these different things falling apart, and he still played pretty decent. So I think if he does go to Vegas and they can build some pieces around him, he can have a chance to come back and play. I don't know if he's gonna get quite back to where he's been before, but I think he can still produce at a very high level.
Speaker 4: I like Max doing it.
Speaker 11: I like Max picking up for the Raiders because I like Max on the Raiders. I don't see Rodgers going to the Raiders. Let's haven't rely seen this movie before.
Speaker 5: You go to an AFC team that has struggled for a long time to find a quarterback, who's hungry, who has some nice weapons, and they have some money to spend.
Speaker 4: We just saw this two years ago.
Speaker 5: The Raiders have a lot of the same stink on them that the Jets have had. This is not some perennial winner. This is not a team that is in the playoffs every year.
Speaker 7: It's Roger.
Speaker 5: If you're Rogers, you're not going for one final season twenty one, so you can go six and eleven to get your head kicked in as a Raider at the end of the season. That's not what it's about. And that's why personally, I think Rodgers.
Speaker 11: Is really interested in the Rams, because rams are the opt there right, rams are going places.
Speaker 4: Never mind the LA thing.
Speaker 5: Just sing the Rams are very good, and they're good every single year. Not to mention, you think Rogers wants to jump into the NFC West and like go against Mahomes and lose to him and all the things they have gone. I just it doesn't seem like a if you're planning like one final like sweetheart year at the end of a Hall of Fame career, this sounds terrible.
Speaker 7: I really do think it does.
Speaker 5: Not to mention, and I said this before, and I'm trying to be a diplomatic here. I don't think Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are best friends, and I don't think they hate each other's I just don't think that they're boys. That's my intuition, and that's a little bit of my insight that I know for a fact not only not best friends. Rogers is not Darnold. He is a god. He is a legend. Brady is a god.
Speaker 4: He's a legend.
Speaker 5: There's egos involved, there's legacies involved, and there's things involved where I don't know if Aaron Rodgers wants to be Tom Brady's little project as a new owner. There's something going on there, a big picture that I don't think would go well for number eight in the Jets right there, number twelve for the Raiders. There's everything about it that to not like A couple things to like, Sure, we love Pete Carroll, who knows if that'll work. Sure we love some of the talent I can't ever see. You're in Rogers corner. You're like, you know you should do Man for your last year. Let's go to the Raiders because they're always good. Like it sounds like like one of the worst ideas in the history of bad ideas.
Speaker 11: I don't like it at all.
Speaker 7: I am kicking myself.
Speaker 9: I should have said Rogers Brady Reality Show.
Speaker 7: Now, that would be fascinating. We'd watch that all day.
Speaker 9: The other thing, Leaving Las Vegas was a great movie, so this could be the same thing for Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 5: Leaving Las Vegas, Like the guy just drinks himself to death. It's a terribly depressing movie and it could end the same way.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: If you go there, but I just I'll look at it this way, Aaron Rodgers is not what he was fair.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sure, yes, four time MVP, but he's no bum.
Speaker 9: I think he's good enough to win with and with Pete Carroll there, I get you that kind of I wouldn't say it's good deodorant for the stink that was coming out of Vegas, for what was that franchise. I think he will change. That's the smartest move they've made in years. So they're headed in the right direction. You could do a lot worse than him. The only question I have, and I've never lived in Vegas. I don't know a lot of people that live there. I don't know how the Rogers drama plays out with their fan base, and most of their fan base travels in anyway.
Speaker 7: So I think if you give greater fans.
Speaker 9: Some hope that they can compete with Kansas City in the West, I think they could ignore the distraction. Aaron Rodgers versus Sam Darnold. This is what I would love to be a GM, But this is why I would not. I think I would go with the old guy over the young guy because I think I trust him more.
Speaker 7: But either way, I think he's.
Speaker 9: Still playing and I like that Max Crosby as just like Les Garrett is calling the shot.
Speaker 7: I want him, I want out. I love it. The guys aren't staying silent totally.
Speaker 4: DeMarco Kyle.
Speaker 3: There's not many things that I listen to you talk and I say here and I respect what you have to say, and like, I really really disagree with you on this one. And it's like a natural disagreement that is coming.
Speaker 4: To the surface.
Speaker 3: I think, haven't you ever worked with anybody that you're just straight up not friends with? But it works like it actually just comes out on the product and it like it tracks like I think this could be a thing. I think, no matter if Rogers and Tom Brady don't like each other, I actually think that what those two like better is building something that's successful in winning and leaving their legacy to your point, on a great note. And do I think Rogers is going to end his career on.
Speaker 6: A Super Bowl win?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: Did Brady? He did not either. I think if they sign Aaron Rodgers, you are doing something better than you could with Sam Donald, which is you are acknowledging that you're not in it. Sam Donald's going to come and want like a five or six year career with you, a ten year career with you. Rogers knows that this is towards the end of it. If you sign Aaron Rodgers in Las Vegas, you can take every single draft pick that you have and focus on the rest of your team, which is what the Raiders need to do.
Speaker 2: If you are.
Speaker 3: Distracted by the shiny object in the room, which is trying to draft a quarterback and a non quarterback draft year, I think the Raiders are setting themselves back. I think Rogers is a great fit. I think personality wise, he has Raider nation all over him. Kind of You called him petty competitive yesterday, and I think the Rogers breathing.
Speaker 4: I don't think it matters that they don't like each other.
Speaker 3: It's like the Bermuda triangle of success that could work out with the Las Vegas Raiders Pete Carroll, Tom Prady and Aaron Rodgers. And I think those who enter the Bermuda triangle of the Raiders, I think you could get tangled up in something nasty.
Speaker 4: It's good take.
Speaker 5: I do think it matters to them, especially to Rise, because it's like he's looking for quality of life.
Speaker 11: He has nothing to prove it's done.
Speaker 5: I've done everything, I have all the money, i have all the legacy, Like I want a great fit and a perfect spot. And it's like they it could work and the fans could want them, but like Rogers has to want to be there.
Speaker 11: So it's not only the Brady thing. Just think that's a piece of it.
Speaker 5: I think it's mostly like the Raiders probably won't be very good, and what am I doing? And then there's this whole DeVante Adams thing where like we all just kind of assume that he wants to play with DeVante, and there's this bizarre thing about could they bring DeVante back to the Raiders after it was a bizarre deal. Listen, of course it's fun to see Carol and Brady and Rodgers, and I just don't think it'll happen. And I just don't think Rodgers is into it. And I listen, I don't report this. I just go with my gut in my history. It maybe will be sitting here him like Rogers to the Raiders. I just don't think so well.
Speaker 3: And again I always don't know rereel like that your gut, you have said that you think he's you think he should be done playing like you hope that he said.
Speaker 4: His last nap.
Speaker 8: And that's what we said yesterday was that, you know, watching Aaron Rodgers when I was growing up, you want to see him leave on a high, right, And I agree with Kull a little bit.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's Vegas.
Speaker 8: But the reason that makes me think this can happen is because Pete Carroll's going to be seventy four years old this year, right, and he said he's a young seventy four. I just don't see him going and getting it. And I don't know, sam Donold had a great year. Is he going to continue to develop that way? Or are they going to go get a rookie quarterback in the draft and not waste Pete Carroll's years but have time to you know, hopefully this quarterback developed. And then I don't know if people.
Speaker 5: What's Pete's goal is like, let's get our let's get our bleep together, and like, wouldn't it be cool if we made the wildcard round that like they make the playoffs, that's great. So let's say they bring in Rodgers and do it, and they make the playoffs and then Rogers is forty two and he's like I think I'm done, I got hurt again, or I'm old, and then he's gone and then we are just starting over again and we have to get another quarterback.
Speaker 7: So like the Jets thing with Rogers.
Speaker 11: Was let's win the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Now we got to win now, it's there's no like, let's get things started with Rogers and then we'll have to change again.
Speaker 11: It's just it's another thing doesn't fit for me.
Speaker 7: We're just got a lot of money.
Speaker 9: Though, if they wanted to go all in to win right now, to kind of blank them picks, I mean, you could with him at quarterback and say in two years, we'll start over anyway, but we're starting over as champion.
Speaker 3: You don't think Kyle that Like they could build something around him around to Rogers, build up a team, build up your offensive line, like make your trenches great, and then it is easier to interchange a quarterback and in two years.
Speaker 5: But then are you drafting like because then it's it's neo fight. We have no idea if he's good, it's just the Raiders made their own bed. It's I think Pete Carroll is brought into being an adult, and I love the Pete higher too.
Speaker 7: He too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know, okay, so we're bringing Pete Carroll back. Your coach is seventy four quarterbacks forty two, Like.
Speaker 4: What are we doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean like at some point, like we got to start fresh for something, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And you think that, you think they go to Jordan Love route and bring Rogers in and he knows we're going to get a young player that they develop under you for the next two three years and then set us up for success. I mean, it's happened before, and.
Speaker 7: And I asked Jordan Love.
Speaker 11: This screw is something. I don't think Raiders fans are clamoring for Rogers.
Speaker 7: I know, I don't not now.
Speaker 11: It's a myth.
Speaker 9: But you might like him in December. You may hate him now. You may hate him now in September, like Raider fans, I don't like him, I don't like Rogers, but by December you may wind up loving the guy because he can still play, he can still help, you know.
Speaker 4: I agree? I agree?
Speaker 5: Yeah, guy, We're also like again, this is not you don't bring Rodgers in a vacuum. This is not insert quarterback here. This is a cultive personality, a massive media deal, a whole thing.
Speaker 7: You know that, like the Jets just went through that.
Speaker 5: It's not that's just part of the thing of bringing in Rodgers to change your whole identity as a company.
Speaker 11: And I think that's also something again.
Speaker 3: I think the Raiders need a new identity in certain spots of their organization, and I think it would fit in Vegas because it is a circus in and of itself.
Speaker 5: I mean, we've said with the same conversation about New York City, got perfect New York City.
Speaker 3: We saw him on Broadway and we saw him going to the next games and making it to Rios like it worked in moments like that.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what if Max Crosby was a GM, he already be a Raider, Max working, you got, you got a.
Speaker 9: He tactic raider. He's a renegade. This is what they used to be.
Speaker 12: Yeah, good football.