Speaker 1: He found the Second Date podcast. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Finally, it's pretty easy.
Speaker 1: Actually, thanks for being here.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: And hey, just a reminder, if you want to endure or punish yourself for forty five more minutes, we've got a full show, whole hour. Dare you to try it at the Brook and Jeffrey feed. But for now, we'll get into some questionable relationship advice.
Speaker 2: Second Date up Date. We've done these second date calls for a long, long while.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I think half my lifetime.
Speaker 2: No joke, but most of the time we really focus a lot on the date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's not sure why we do that's.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, what do you mean, indead you're not very successful?
Speaker 1: Are talking about their childhood?
Speaker 2: Well, one of our listeners, Thomas, wants us to hone in not on the date so much. He's more focused on the text messages that were sent between them afterwards, the juicy stuff we're dissecting the after test. Okay, Thomas, first of all, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you, guys, I appreciate your help.
Speaker 2: Okay, well say that, don't thank us until we actually follow through with that. But we're going to talk about your date after we hear about these text messages first, because your email definitely intrigued me. What's the name of this girl?
Speaker 4: First of all, so this girl, her name is Amanda?
Speaker 1: Okay, Amanda? And I mean it's always a positive if you have text messages after a date. It means that you're both still interested.
Speaker 2: Right, you would think if she's communicating with you, unless they're like, don't text me anymore.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll just read stop over and over again.
Speaker 2: What were you and Amanda saying to each other?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she might as well have said on the subscribed but.
Speaker 2: What did you say?
Speaker 4: I reached out and I said, hey, how are you? That's it?
Speaker 1: Okay? Like the next day after the date or something, Yeah.
Speaker 3: The next day.
Speaker 4: And her response was a picture of her with another guy. Oh, and she says, we are good.
Speaker 1: Thanks, we're good?
Speaker 2: How are you? We are good?
Speaker 1: What's the photo? Does it look like a dad? Brother? But even then, what would like would it be a joke at that? Is it a picture? Did you ask?
Speaker 4: Didn't know? It's just some dude. I didn't ask because I maybe naively thought that must be a message for somebody else.
Speaker 2: Oh oh wow, forgiving you don't.
Speaker 1: Think that was a clear message to you that I'm in a relationship. Leave me alone.
Speaker 4: You know, it looked like they could have been friends, but they went well enough. I thought, there's no way she wouldn't have told me that she's you know, as a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Right right, because it's the next morning. It's like not even enough time for her to go out with somebody and establish another a relationship, like she may have been a cheater.
Speaker 2: What else was said?
Speaker 4: Well, then I texted her back and I said, hey, when am I going to see you again?
Speaker 2: Okay that the boyfriend has her phone and is the one being like we're good. Well what did she say to that?
Speaker 4: She said, the next time I post a picture on Instagram, you'll see me.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so she wants you to follow her heart.
Speaker 2: Clearly something happened that made her upset.
Speaker 1: Why are we calling her then? Like, do you like her? Because she doesn't sound she either sounds like she's in a relationship or she's not nice. I feel like she's mad at you and it's like not a boyfriend, like she's just pretending.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I don't get why that's it's killing me. It's not even it's almost not even about I just gotta know what.
Speaker 3: Happened because it seemed like it went really well.
Speaker 2: Okay, well take us to the date. Now, let's figure out if something did happen. What did you get? How'd you guys meet? What you guys do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we met on the bus, started talking to her. I ripped her up, I got her number.
Speaker 1: It makes sad to people do the same outs every day. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what did you do for your date?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: I took it a red lobster and okay, you can.
Speaker 4: You can do a lotter a little there. And they have that shrimp your way thirty for twenty deal.
Speaker 3: So we got some garlic shrimps. We gotten them.
Speaker 2: I know that was going on.
Speaker 4: We want to go to lunch.
Speaker 1: Honestly, those Cheddarbay biscuits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but so good.
Speaker 1: But what was her reaction about red lobster? What if she's allergic to shellfish? You need to check with her before you do something like this. That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's very sexy to exchange food out.
Speaker 1: Or someone like me who will only eat the biscuits.
Speaker 2: Now, that's one of the first things you ask a girl before you take her out or do you have any allergies? Do you like or hate anything? Did you get her medical rundown before you took her out on a date?
Speaker 3: I did not check with her doctor, but she was trying everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything okay? And the conversation sounds good. What'd you connect on?
Speaker 3: We laughed a lot, we talked about places we've gone.
Speaker 4: On vacation, and I'm I guess there was one awkward moment where I had to take a phone call and I did have to tell her to be quiet.
Speaker 1: Yike, Oh, I hate being told to quiet too.
Speaker 2: How did you tell her?
Speaker 3: It was almost half joking, but I was like, be quiet?
Speaker 2: You know, no, you need to cut your hand over her mouth and say, oh my god.
Speaker 1: That is yeah, that's a polite way. Why would you take a phone call at the table? That's yeah. You didn't step away.
Speaker 3: It was important and I needed to handle some business.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, I know that some people have a pretty hard line on that type of you know, phone calls at the table. Maybe that's her whole Yeah.
Speaker 2: Saying that could be something that made you look bad. That it would explain her angry reaction to your texts. Have you thought of that?
Speaker 4: Maybe? But I mean I paid for everything.
Speaker 3: She didn't seem put off at the end, and I did everything else.
Speaker 2: Right, did you pay for it with money from your wallet or did you take money out of her wallet and pay that?
Speaker 4: Was it? No?
Speaker 2: Okay? And after that, what happened after the dinner date?
Speaker 4: Well after the date then I walked into a cars we hugged it out, you know.
Speaker 1: Hugged it out, and then you sent the text. And that's where we are now, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: I'm still not picking up anything specifically that would justify those like really angry, straightforward rude tests.
Speaker 1: Quiet Jeff, Oh.
Speaker 2: Need to cut my mouth when you do that, Jeff, be quiet. I mean, that's the one thing that we have to go off of, is the telling her to be quiet while taking a phone call. We're going to find out when we reach out to Amanda for you and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys, Yes.
Speaker 2: Manners, they're important. Okay, hold on second date update, you're just joining us. Quick recap. Thomas met a girl named Amanda on the bus riz Dur and swung that into a dinner date a red lobster. Yeah he did, where they shared thirty pieces of garlic butter shrimp, and he thinks his one potential downfall may have been when he took a phone call mid meal and Amanda kept talking, so he said, hey, be quiet, yeah, which Brook tells Jose to do that all the time. So I don't think, really think it's that disrespectful. And the attention between Brooke and I still really but maybe she took it in a disrespectful way. We really don't know.
Speaker 1: But Brooke's answering the phone at the table, you know, Yeah, Brook, what is your take?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Man. That text she sent you afterwards with a picture of her and a random guy is just jarring. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anyone else caught it, but at the beginning he mentioned like I was laying it on pretty thick, so I was thinking maybe he did one compliment that was too far or didn't hit right.
Speaker 1: Spent the whole night making shrimp puns, which would have really turned a photo with five if I needed to go.
Speaker 2: Thomas.
Speaker 4: Is any of that possible, I guess, But it still feels like bringing a gun to a knife fight.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was so hard, but.
Speaker 2: You weren't you weren't making shrimp puns, were you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, I.
Speaker 4: Made some jokes, but no pungea.
Speaker 1: You mean shellfish at the table?
Speaker 2: Alright, Before Alexis leaves, we have to reach out to Amanda. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Now, Hello, Hey, is this Amanda speaking? Hey?
Speaker 2: I mean Jeff is the name of the person speaking. And there's a whole room of people.
Speaker 1: Hey, Amanda, welcome to the show, She asked, he was speaking, Jeff, don't be rid.
Speaker 6: Okay, what's this regarding?
Speaker 2: This is regarding a radio show segment that you're currently on called the Second Date Update.
Speaker 1: You may have seen him on TikTok. They're going wildly viral right now.
Speaker 6: Really, I mean, like, wait, how.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. Some random people keep posting them and stealing our audience.
Speaker 2: You don't think they're even very funny. We're just trying to help people, and that's what we're doing. With a guy named Thomas that you went on a date with recently.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, are yeah.
Speaker 1: Or scared?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, Oh no, I'm trying to avoid him.
Speaker 1: Why he just like, is he pestering you or something?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 6: He is not a good guy. Like, seriously, okay, he put.
Speaker 1: On a front for us.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal, Amanda. We heard about your guys's date. We also learned that there were some text messages exchanged between the two of you. He was a little bit uncertain if they were meant to be hostile towards him or not.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, they were definitely freaking meant to be hostile.
Speaker 2: We read them that way, the one with the pick with another dude saying we're good and the next time you'll see me. He's when I post on insta.
Speaker 4: Flip and loosely.
Speaker 6: He needs to know that he is not the only one on my radar after that night.
Speaker 1: What okay, So that was he I'm going to tell you he is totally in the dark. He has no idea what he did wrong. Is he just that clueless? Is it that obvious?
Speaker 6: There is no way he can be that freaking clus.
Speaker 2: Really, okay, us guys can be very clueless, that is true.
Speaker 1: I am so curious.
Speaker 2: The one thing that he brought up that he mentions may have been a bad move was when he took a business call during the meal and told you to be quiet. He thinks that's probably a turn off.
Speaker 6: The turn off, the turn off, Yes, tell us that he had kids.
Speaker 1: Kids. Yeah, he's a dad. And he didn't tell you. He didn't tell He didn't mention.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 6: No, honey, let me tell you.
Speaker 4: Okay, how do you go out with a woman and.
Speaker 6: Not even mention that you have kids? And on top of that, oh, they're going to be there at the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Did you say he brought his kids to dinner with no way on a day.
Speaker 6: No, he didn't bring them. There was four of them, like he had four kids. One was our blessed boy, a teenager.
Speaker 2: And wait, his work at Red Lobster.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's getting daddy discounts at Red Lobster because his kids work there.
Speaker 6: I don't know what was going on, but seriously, like I am not trying to get with anyone who has like a bunch of secret kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, but they weren't secret if you knew who they were.
Speaker 6: He never mentioned anything about having kids, and all of a sudden we're at the restaurant and they're all around us at dinner.
Speaker 2: All right, Now, we did not know about the kid aspect of this. We just heard about the date part. Although on some level it is flattering that he wanted you to meet the family so soon, So I would keep that in mind when I tell you that Thomas is on the other line right now listening, possibly with all of his children too, So be careful with what you said. No, seriously, Thomas, are you there?
Speaker 4: Do not have kids? Those aren't my kids?
Speaker 2: What are you lying out?
Speaker 1: You said?
Speaker 6: Literally, those are my kids? Like you have said that chicken.
Speaker 4: I said they're my kids, but I didn't mean like my kids. They're my students. I gym at a high school. Now I get it.
Speaker 1: How does one family have four it? I'll work at Red Lobster together, and that's such a perfect high school job.
Speaker 3: Too real?
Speaker 6: Really, I find that funny. They look just like you?
Speaker 4: How you know they're in my class? What do you mean they look like me?
Speaker 6: Come the freaking bus boy looked like you twenty five years ago. What do you think about?
Speaker 4: I don't know what to tell you, that's the answer. I'm a teacher. Sorry, I wouldn't just casually introduce my son the bus boy and that.
Speaker 6: Really, what if teacher goes around just claiming kids like seriously, I think that's so weird.
Speaker 1: That makes total sense. Mean he should have chose a restaurant they don't want to work out, you think, but true throughout the city a discount. Come on, you met the man on a bus. He's taking you to Red Lobstery obviously has a teacher's salary.
Speaker 4: I don't care. I was telling the truth. And honestly, now that you know the fact that you still don't believe me and you're accusing me of something that isn't true, I mean it's bonker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like Thomas on this one.
Speaker 4: I wasn't telling the truth because that wasn't a business call I was on the phone with and that was somebody else that I'm setting up a date with for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So the business call, how could you say that?
Speaker 2: So wait, Thomas, you were telling the truth about the kids at the restaurant just being your students, but you weren't telling the truth about the phone call from your quote business partners.
Speaker 1: It makes sense. There's not all gym teachers that are taken after hour calls.
Speaker 2: Maybe there was got a new telorball in, I got a rope climbing, you know what.
Speaker 4: She can send pics of other guys to whoever she wants. That's fine. I'm just saying I've got options. You know, there's a lot of other girls on the bus you tell of.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Does that make you want him more? Because if it does, we will offer to send you guys out on another date that we would pay for.
Speaker 6: Well, the no, I don't want to be ten feat with an ex faces.
Speaker 4: Guys, that is.
Speaker 1: Such a dramatic response. You have to get a new bus to a gym teacher.
Speaker 2: You and Jeff not allowed within ten feet of a school. Yeah, my god, you honestly sound more alike than not alike. You guys are literally responding and clapping back the same way at each other.
Speaker 6: I am nothing like him, I am not a liar, and yeah.
Speaker 4: No big loss to me. I'm gonna go back to Red Lobster with my twenty eight kids.
Speaker 2: Wait wait now they are your kids, Jeff, Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, than me.
Speaker 1: I don't forget one of those teenagers has to have a single mom. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And do you think I'm not working that angle?
Speaker 2: Of course, Red Lobster Daddy back in the house.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, I'm really disappointed that those two didn't go out.
Speaker 1: Really, are you Jeffy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not for like any romantic reasons, but if they loved Red Lobster, they would have been all about our restaurant gift card options.
Speaker 1: That's a good people.
Speaker 2: We got all the best chain restaurants from mall parking lots. We got Chili's, we got Olive Garden, and I've even got one to an abandoned outback steakhouse. But it's just not running any There are guys still in there and they are making steak. It's just not technically for the company. Bring your own steak first. Again, I'm disappointed if she.
Speaker 1: Didn't believe that those were his actual children, that was so weird, Like are we that jaded in life that we can't even get over that she.
Speaker 2: Saw them like they must have looked exactly alike that.
Speaker 1: There's no way.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just wasn't meant to be today, But I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Who gets the next chance at a Chili's to go gift card with your second date update. And if you want to get a second date update for yourself and your own love life, email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back. Make sure you go check out all of our second day podcasts wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning,