Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and he.
Speaker 3: Arms drawn Dy.
Speaker 4: Here's a little insights for the listeners.
Speaker 3: You might not know.
Speaker 5: I have no idea who Joe is going to say as the general manager every day, and I.
Speaker 4: Find myself intrigued today that's what it's going to be. Live from a dimly lit room, Armstrong and Getty show, et cetera, et cetera. Today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 1: First of all, if you think the primary debates where you got eleven ninnies standing on stage carping at each other, we're complicated and difficult. The interview process for this morning's general manager was torturous, Jack Tortrius. But I'm gonna go with the positive. I'm loving what I'm hearing from the Doge boys, the Doge boys, our general manager.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: How about Alon's latest thing where he's gonna send everybody five thousand dollars or the government's going to or he's going to tell the government too, or however, that whole thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm in favor of it. I'm tired of other people being pandered to pander to me.
Speaker 5: That might be if five thousand dollars goes out to every adult in America, that might be the all time populist move, just like blow everything out of the water. Wow, everybody gets a five thousand milk check.
Speaker 2: And well they shook it loose.
Speaker 1: It was being the wasted or frauded or abused, and now we get it a little.
Speaker 5: I would save it a little closer to the midterm, maybe want to get into the full political benefit out of it. But anyway, we have more of the long lists of hilarious things money was being spent on. Not actually hilarious if you think about your taxpayer money being wasted, but hilarious.
Speaker 2: None the less. Here's my headline on that topic.
Speaker 1: It was odd and oddly funny how Chuck Schumer among others, and you know quite a few Democratic leaders were screeching on the steps of the Capitol or demonstrating with the Union or whatever that this.
Speaker 2: Is outrageous, it is horrible. It I can't continue.
Speaker 1: Well, if I were a party to just the things that have been uncovered so far, never mind that they've just gotten started. When the horrific squandering of the hard earned tax dollars of Americans.
Speaker 2: And I don't think sometimes that phrase trips off the tongue a little too.
Speaker 1: People bust their ass, they leave their family, they do things they don't want to do to make a living. Then the government takes a chunk of it and they wander it and bribe their fra Exactly, they squander it and they bribe their friends with it and laugh about it and laugh at you and me. If that were what I've been doing for the last quite a few years, I might be against what Doge is doing.
Speaker 4: Two or maybe it would be a good idea, I say.
Speaker 5: I think if I'm a Democrat and I'm in any of those meetings, I'd say, let's get on board with this crazy stuff and say we agree. Why not? Why wouldn't you acting like it's a horror that this is going on when every day there's there are lists of insane you know, expenditures. Just seems like bad politics to me. But again, like we've been saying, they overestimate how many people love giant, bloated government.
Speaker 2: I oh, oh, Billy who knows.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so he's shaking his head sadly because he's like, this is this is ABC one two three, scoop of an ill scoop chocolate. You join them and say, I love all these savings that have been done. So when the midterms come around and the Republicans run on the savings, you can say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're in favor of that too. But you know what we're not in favor of obviously these things.
Speaker 1: You neutralism, you triangulate, you morons.
Speaker 5: Now show me that song.
Speaker 2: Tyar, shake it for me, baby, I still work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh wow, my eyes still work.
Speaker 2: That is something.
Speaker 1: It's stringed Katie, by the way, that was.
Speaker 3: That was five too early for that.
Speaker 5: My eyes still work. I wonder, I wonder if that's the whole, if this was a strategy to go with, you know, trans operas in Ireland and some of the most ridiculous stuff. First, then the Department of Education, which is pretty you know, pretty easy to arguement, at least for half the country, for why you got to cut expenditures before they take on the Pentagon, which is supposed to start happening in a couple of weeks, Because that's that's going to be a little less comfortable for I think a lot of the right, even though I'm sure the Pentagon is tremendous amounts.
Speaker 1: Of bloat, right, well, yeah, absolutely, buying some goodwill by picking the lowest hanging fruit is a good strategy, certainly, I think, and I'm very confident that they'll be able to make this argument pretty successfully. I think that the approach with the Pentagon is to say, hey, we need to be efficient. We need to protect our fighting men and make sure they have what they need. We can't have bureaucrats wasting the money that's supposed to protect this country.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty easy argument to make.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we need to spend the money on M wraps, not DEI training or whatever they find that they can they can do away with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, raps, not trans wrappers. Huh. Then you'd cut to some sort of drag show, and then you know.
Speaker 5: You're seriously rolling today.
Speaker 2: I'm spitballing.
Speaker 5: We should start the show. Officially, I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is Wednesday. It's a short week already, on February the nineteenth. For your twenty twenty five or Armstrong you geey, and we approve of this program.
Speaker 2: All right, let's swing in action.
Speaker 1: Then officially, according to FCC rules and rags, here we go at mark twenty million.
Speaker 6: On a Sessame street show in Iraq, fifty six million to boost tourism in Tunisia and Egypt, forty million to build schools in Jordan, eleven million to tell the Vietnamese to stop burning trash, forty five million for Dei scholarships in Burma, or transgender opera in Colombia or a trend.
Speaker 2: I was like, this sounds like it's like, how can these things be real?
Speaker 3: But this is actually what we've done.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a comedy schedule.
Speaker 3: I have pages, right, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's listen all long.
Speaker 5: Wow, uh pick your favorite there. I think I like trying to convince the Vietnamese not to burn their trash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: The only thing that concerns me is checking the bambino out with the bathwater, because there is some foreign ad that I think is useful, and there's some things that have been guffawed at online that I think you just don't understand the purpose of it. Yeah, yeah, well, go ahead, it hit me with the ears and then I'll bounce back, and then you know.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm sure there's plenty of waste, and I'm sure we found all kinds of really really stupid things. But I did hear the explanation the other day that a lot of times it's a it's a it's a way for us to get into a country, and it's a CIA operation. Okay, you want us to fund this ridiculous thing. We're gonna have a whole bunch of people there that are going to be in your you know, in your shorts and hanging around your communities and your buildings and your government offices and that sort of stuff to try to get the trans offer going, and we're gonna take off get a whole bunch of intel. Sometimes that's the deal, but I doubt that what's going on in Ireland. How much intel do we need on Ireland?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: And one thing that's really been assaulted online, I guess mostly, but is some of our funding of foreign media outfits, Like what are we doing funding at TV stations in Columbia. That's ridiculous, No, it's actually not, you see, influencing populations and oh can you play the door opening there, Michael, there is no Hey everybody, Hey, it's Jack. Everybody good to see. What I was starting to say is spending money is trying to influence populations because you know, depending on the country you're talking about, you got a bunch of yay who's running around with second great educations and the local witch doctor has told them that the US is evil and it's complicating our plans to have relations with the government, do trade, blah blah blah, whatever national priorities are there, and you've got to have a way to influence the populations in these countries, not to hate the US. It's actually, if it's done right, money well spent.
Speaker 2: Don't you think we.
Speaker 3: Can easily add this stuff back in the stuff? We go too far on having said that, gotta do a reset, gotta strip it down to the studs and then rebuild it according to modern needs and not just keep you know, flushing money down the toilet of foreign ad just because it's happened before.
Speaker 1: I don't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater. On the other hand, hold a baby. Let's drain the tub and fill it up again. Okay, I went from construction to babies and baths to witch doctors, and that's.
Speaker 3: The FOREM stuff. But unlike the laying off government workers, there's a mainstream media is I'm making a big deal laying off some of the workers that actually deal with our nuclear arsenal. Okay, so you're telling me it's impossible that we have more employees involved in our nuclear arsenal than we need. Why would you think that that is guaranteed. We've got exactly the right number of people, and they're all working very hard. Why why would you think that?
Speaker 2: Right, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: And the idea that they went too far too fast in some places and are re hiring people, you can't be like wildly stupidly too far, too fast. But the media acts as if any margin of error or any margin of screw up and whoops, we really need those two hundred people back.
Speaker 2: We got to rehire them.
Speaker 1: They act as if any any era whatsoever is just some sort of you know, fatal indictment of the entire enterprise.
Speaker 3: Especially after that, especially after decades of going not far enough and too slow, right, right, which is always the other option. Unfortunately, anyway, we got mail bag in Katie's headlines. To get to this hour. Oh wow, there's an I just learned this really interesting thing they're gonna try for the baseball preseason.
Speaker 2: Have you have you heard about this?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 2: See if Jose appearance skeptic? What's going on here? What are you trying to all be on my back?
Speaker 3: Now that we are the morning show at this station that is the official home of the Oakland A's, we are heavily involved in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: Of course, tell you.
Speaker 1: What, if you so much as utter the phrase golden at bat, We're gonna drop gloves like US Canada hockey man.
Speaker 2: As I mix the sports.
Speaker 1: I finally watched the video tape of that game the other night where there are four three fights in the first nine seconds.
Speaker 3: Oh spectator, So do I understand we play them again? Is it tonight or tomorrow night for the champions?
Speaker 1: Fannal is tomorrow Night's Thursday night? Check your local listing, Sam Knnuckers are gonna get what they got coming.
Speaker 3: And there were three fights the first nine seconds the last time they played each other two days ago, whatever.
Speaker 1: It was, Yeah, I think there were three fights and two passes in the first nine seconds, more fights than passes.
Speaker 3: It glorious, awesome, so, man, that might be a big national spectacle. You're gonna have the America's hat. Huh.
Speaker 2: Let's bring our long time enemy, the Canadians.
Speaker 1: So we need to have our team handout maps with the fifty first state already attached. That'd be fantastic, and the Gulf of America down below.
Speaker 2: That's right, Michael, So we got a lot all the ways they here.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Yetti.
Speaker 7: Scientists now saying the asteroid has a three point one percent probability of impact thanks to new observations. That is up about one percent from what we reported just a few days ago. Now, the astroid, known as twenty twenty four y R four, is roughly the size of the Statue of Liberty. Scientists will use the James Webb Space Telescope to get a better look before the asteroid disappears behind the Sun and out of view until twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Now, if this asteroid did hit, it.
Speaker 7: Be large enough to wipe out a city, but still a ninety six point nine percent chance the asteroid will miss the Earth entirely, but scientists have over seven years to prepare for that three point one percent chance.
Speaker 3: But so it's gone from one in fifty to more like one in thirty three chances of the asteroid hitting the Earth, which could wipe out you know, Tokyo or New York or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's what it would sound like, scientists, so fair the simulation of what it would sound like.
Speaker 3: And that's in seven years, I think, twenty thirty two. So I don't know what to do about that. We'll keep our eye on that story for you. So we are going to talk about what Trump said about the war between Russia and Ukraine, and I guess it comes up in mail Bag, which is next segment. A couple of things that I thought were interesting kind of around that. First of all, Marco Rubio tweeting out yesterday is he's dealing with Putin and his people. There many in the West still don't understand that Putin is an expert liar. He doesn't care about humanitarian relief in fact, a ceasefire. If he agrees to a ceasefire, it's because he sees some strategic or tactical benefit and beware of attacks on refugees that Russia blames on Ukraine and NATO. So there's the Secretary of State saying if there's a ceasefire, don't be surprised if Russia's attacking Ukrainians trying to get back into their country, right and blaming it on NATO. At the same time, his boss is saying Ukraine started the war, which again we're going to get into later. I thought that was interesting. I don't know how that's going to play out their relationship there. And then these statistics that came out yesterday around the war in Russia's military in twenty twenty four, just last year suffered over a half million casualties just last year. It's been going on for three years. As of next week, Russia's casualty count total is now eight hundred and thirty seven thousand killed and wounded in three years. Eight hundred and thirty seven thousand. Unimaginable numbers. If you had eight thousand US soldiers killed somewhere, it would be the biggest political crisis we've had since Vietnam for whatever party was involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't endured anything like that in so long I can't even remember.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just it would be horrible, right.
Speaker 3: It's just absolutely astounding those numbers of what's going on over there.
Speaker 1: Neil Ferguson wrote a great response to the JD Vance flap that I'll share some of at some point during the show. But one of the points he makes, and it's worth repeating, is that this is Putin's greatest blunder. He talks big, and he's gained some territory and the Ukrainians are definitely in a tough spot, and Trump said something absolutely unforgivable about Ukraine that they started the war. Essentially, I don't know what he's at or thinking about. We'll get to that a little bit later on, but it absolutely is a horrible blunder that Putin is trying to extricate himself from. And there's part of me that thinks Trump understands that and is trying to play Putin's weakness against him. On the other hand, Putin is a crocodile. I mean, he's a master tactician, utterly amoral, and will gain any advantage he can do.
Speaker 3: You think Putin thinks it's a blunder. I mean, he doesn't care about eight hundred and thirty seven thousand soldiers. That means nothing to him. He knows he's been weakened. But if he gets if he ends up with which what seems to be on the table if he ends up with twenty percent of Ukraine and a guarantee they're not going to be a NATO, and then there's some talk of us pulling troops out of various countries. If he gets that, you think he's gonna feel like this was a failure.
Speaker 1: Uh No, not exactly. But again he has been badly, badly weakened, which going forward is not a state he wants to be in. He thought he had an easy win and it is just beat the crap out of his military and exposed them as being incredibly weak. No, it's a win, but it's a pyrrhic victory, as they say, I mean he got a twenty dollars bicycle for five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: We've got mail bag on the way, Katie's headlines, news of the day, and a lot of controversial stuff.
Speaker 5: So stay done, Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 3: We're about to live in a pennyless world. Ladies and gentlemen, are you prepared.
Speaker 2: For that to be pennyless? After all, this work.
Speaker 1: Got some great email to get to, some of it during a mail bag in a moment, some of it later on, including Rick's extremely thoughtful pointing out of some downstream issues with ending the penny. Okay, that was really interesting, so please do stay tuned. First freedom loving quote of the day, plunging on after a brief break yesterday with our great quotes from Abraham Lincoln birthday just passed. This has always been one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: Are there many quotes from Washington? Is his birthday? What this Saturday?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's correct? Sure, yeah, oh yes, some incredible quotes. Wonderful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wasn't the quote machine Lincoln was, though not quite Lincoln. Lincoln loved to talk to people. Washington very dignified and reserved man anyway, But yeah, we'll go with Washington next. But this is one of my all time favorite Abe Lincoln quotes. An apropos as apropos today as it was then and will be in a thousand years. How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? The answer is four. Saying that a tail is a leg doesn't make it a leg. That's a good one, That is a great one.
Speaker 1: Yes, there are many examples in the contemporary world. One might sight of saying something that is clearly not something is indeed that's something. And if you don't say so, you're a person. And then finally this, Oh, we could certainly go with government of the people by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth unless you screw it up so bad it does. I added that last part on mail bag.
Speaker 3: Having an unelected billionaire takeover the pot crown.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, somebody slapping drop us.
Speaker 1: A note mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com anytimes like what's with all the cocaine? Writes Jay and San Jose. What with the daily doge revelations? I'm seeing a trend where we pay researchers to give cocaine and other illicit drugs to animals for a variety of reasons.
Speaker 2: What's that all about?
Speaker 3: Good question?
Speaker 1: Cocaine monkeys, cocaine dogs, cocaine ducks. What's the story the infamous cocaine bear.
Speaker 3: The other thing I like these government agencies doing are the mainstream media pushing it? Is this idea that there was a meeting on Tuesday with the cancer Board that had to be canceled. Oh and act like Tuesday at two o'clock they were gonna cure cancer, but now the meeting had to be canceled. Damn it when back timing.
Speaker 1: Oh, because of the world's richest men, causing them to cancel the meeting. Scott pelling Is introduction to the sixty Minutes.
Speaker 2: Piece Sunday was hilarious.
Speaker 1: It was like the voice over to a nineteen forties Frankenstein movie. What a jack Assay, Morning Boys, writes Josiah in Utah. I'm imagining what it'll be like when every household receives a DOGE dividend. Check How then will the media and the Dems cry to the American people about their loss of funding because of the evil Elon Musk. This idea from Elon is effing checkmate. It will increase support for more DOGE cuts in the future. The overwhelming majority will vote in favor of DOGE type audits.
Speaker 2: In the future.
Speaker 1: We could be looking at the era of fiscal responsibility that we've been dreaming of. Wow, Josiah, don't don't raise my hopes that high, brob.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I tell you what though, And you know, I gotta admit I'm kind of ashamed of this occurred to me. The way you get it going in a people that's realized that they can vote themselves money from the treasury which of course is the doom of a democracy is say, hey, there's wall starts of this bloat and waste and redundancy and fraud.
Speaker 2: I tell you what every buck we save will carve out. We'll say thirty.
Speaker 1: Five cents for the American people were all right yet, checks bingo. So we save sixty five percent of the waste they found and then dole.
Speaker 2: Out the rest everybody. People keep getting doge.
Speaker 1: Checks, cutting the government checks. It's brilliant. It's a perpetual motion machine. Thirty years from now, the federal budget's going to be one hundred and seventy five dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. Moving along.
Speaker 1: Is actually a great point from doctor b. We're discussing Kanye West in a Super Bowl commercial and talk to a little bit about it in the One More Thing podcast yesterday. You ought to subscribe anyway, he writes, I think Kanye West would have been canceled already if he were a white guy. He wouldn't have gotten those ads on any TV stations. As a racist, anti semi white guy. I don't know if there's an antonym for shibbaleth, but a white guy acting like Kanye West should serve as a decent example, black Kanye West gets a pass.
Speaker 2: That's true, That's absolutely true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a white guy who said a third of what Kanye said would be well, he'd be persona non grata in like every aspect of society.
Speaker 3: His music could be pulled off all streaming services and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's you know, it's who Tyris on Fox News unleashed a he's off and on with Greg Guttfeldt. If you don't know a big, strong wrestler guy blackfella. And he made the point a couple of years ago with a screen that went semi viral that he has black privilege. And he talked about all the things he could say and do work and people will just grumble uncomfortably and go about their business. But if a white dude did it may be fired immediately. He said, that's the reality right now. I never saw that.
Speaker 3: That's an interesting angle, but of course there is black privilege around that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And like Kanye, I mean, what he said about Jews is absolutely abhorrent. He's also mentally ill, I mean, like seriously mentally ill. So, but that doesn't mean therefore we will run his commercials and play his songs in the rest of it, moving along, Do we have time for this? We have Jack, I'll let you choose. We have Paolo with some really good kind of dissent difficult questions about the peace talks slash diplomacy towards Ukraine. And then you've got a nice German couple that love the show and the podcast, and she wanted to respond to our arguments about free speech in Germany.
Speaker 2: Quite intriguing.
Speaker 3: I really think we ought to get into the Ukraine thing.
Speaker 2: Right now at a lot of time.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well Powow writes a few speculations about the war in the Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can have fun contradicting them. Maybe.
Speaker 1: I actually haven't read them all because I thought let's just take them cold, because Powlo's great.
Speaker 2: He always writes great emails.
Speaker 1: It's pretty much impossible for Ukraine to win the war because we won't give them what it takes to win for fear of escalation. The status goo will result in more casualties and destruction and perhaps more territory loss for Ukraine, with no hope better results.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah at this point, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, without dredging up the past or go ahead if you like you're a dreager. No, it's absolutely Biden was a terrible president in every single way, including this putting on.
Speaker 2: The cynical hat.
Speaker 1: Maybe the US strategy is to let it drag on as long as possible, with the intent to week in Russia by maximizing the cost of the war for him. That cynical strategy might not even really care what happens to Ukraine as long as the cost of righte is high enough to stop them from trying it again. I think there is certainly an element to that, even if it wasn't intended. It's just a fortunate consequence of an unfortunate situation. Russian Putin are weakened terribly militarily. The idea that talking to Putin is a bad thing is flawed. How does the war come to a negotiated end without talking to Putin? His cooperation is needed for a negotiated end to the war. The only way a battle of attrition ends on the battlefield is with Russia winning. Yeah, I would agree, No, I think, and again the stuff.
Speaker 3: That's not true. We really got behind Ukraine. Russia wouldn't win that battle, but for that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you've got the problem with Ukraine is so depleted itself, and there's just no will among Europeans to do anything.
Speaker 2: Europe is a weak, spent force.
Speaker 1: It's moribund, it's it's living on its reputation, it's it's teetering.
Speaker 3: Seriously, you don't want to get to there'ciating with Putin thing is a very interesting topic because he is a war criminal at the highest level, at the very highest level.
Speaker 2: And you could list many, many things.
Speaker 3: But the Armed Services Chairman yesterday said Putin should be in jail for the rest of his life if not executed. That's a Republican the chairman of the Armed Services Committee.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And while I find Trump's some of the things Trump says about Ukraine abhorrent, like they started the war, he said yesterday, we'll talk about that later on or you know, we can play it now, I guess. But I also, on the other hand, I should say I agree that engaging Putin and his people directly and saying all right, what are you looking for, what do you want?
Speaker 2: What does it?
Speaker 1: Take down the carnage and saying all right, here's the way we see it, here's the only way We'll back that sort of peace deal. I don't have any problem with that, as long as we stand firm on principles, and not just like moral principles, but national security principles, in the principle of not wanting another giant land war in Europe.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden did call MBS a pariah and then fist bumped him when he went over to Saudi Arabia when we needed their oil. So those kind of things.
Speaker 1: Happen well, and mob bosses get together all the time in the midst of bloody wars and say, all right, what's it going to take.
Speaker 2: To stop this?
Speaker 3: So I don't know if you caught this on Friday, since you were having a good time with your birthday and your family and everything like that. We had Mike Lines on. But first of all, so the conversation last week on the Secretary of Defense giving up too much at the beginning of the negotiation, I find that interesting because I've heard smart people on both sides of that saying what you said, that why would you ever give up anything before the negotiation started, versus other people who have said things that absolutely can't happen. Get them off the table right away so you can get to the real stuff. I mean, there's no chance under any any world whatsoever, the Ukraine gets their land back. So why pretend like that's on the table or anything at all? Get it off the table so she can get to the real negotiation. I don't know which is the best approach in this sort of thing. I mean, if it's a car or a house, I think I do, But if it's a land war, I'm not exactly sure.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yeah, I could explain why you keep that on the table, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: You had a greater point to make.
Speaker 3: That apparently wasn't the position anyway. It was a Hegxeth's position, and apparently he shouldn't have done that, And as Mike Lyons said on Friday, Hegseth got out over his skis. Is why jd Vance did that interview at the Wall Street Journal on Friday which he said, we're not absolutely we're absolutely not giving anything, and we might put American troops in there. So that was Trump and Dvance I think saying to the sect, def whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa, that's not our position at all. I don't know how that happened. That's a fairly it seems like major misstep in the first couple of weeks of the new sect def to say that, yeah, it reminds me a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of the first Trump term, where there was some real lack of messaging discipline from the White House for a while, and people would get ahead of the White House and speak out of turn a lot. They've been much more discipline this time. This is a pretty high level one though.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh yeah, the secretary are events should have the bullet points on what we're willing to give up before you start talking about what we're willing to give up? Was he just completely freelancing on that.
Speaker 1: It looks like that, But my degree of certainty in decreeing that is flowerish.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: There is this part of the Trump strategy of just be all over the place Sectev says this. Three days later, Vance says, no, none of that is true. Well, put troops in the in Ukraine if we have to. Maybe it's just the whole you know, crazy man theory.
Speaker 1: Wow, if that was orchestrated, that is some really creative foreign policy.
Speaker 2: Probably, I see your point.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, what's what's interesting, or at least that's what I'm shooting for interesting.
Speaker 2: Is what I was going to say.
Speaker 1: In the negotiation, where you're putting some things on the table that are highly unlikely, like Ukraine getting all of its land bag, for instance, one of the reasons you do that is too is because the other side doesn't know how serious you are, and you leave ambiguity about how serious you are, and they waste time and energy and concessions on stuff that you're willing to throw away anyway, but they don't know that.
Speaker 2: And maybe they're.
Speaker 1: Five percent uncertain that you really want it, maybe they're fifty percent uncertain. But that's part of negotiating to have stuff that you're willing to throw away, but you'll make them work to make you throw it away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently, now back.
Speaker 2: To your thing.
Speaker 1: If that was some genius plot to make them uncertain what we're willing to throw away.
Speaker 3: Well it worked, yeah, including for the American people. Okay, we've got Katie's headlines on the way, and we'll get to an hour or two. Trump saying Ukraine started the war, don't, which is an awful thing to say. Freaking off, Stay tuned. It just came across something so damned interesting because I've been really into this whole Trump's take on the war and Ukraine thing in the last twenty four hours. For instance, the New York Post, which is the friendliest Trump public major Trump publication out there, blasting Trump for saying Ukraine started the war their editorial board today. But here he is, and I'll get to it an hour or two. But here's a former member of Zelensky's administration tweeting out Trump's just doing what Biden and Obama wanted to do but didn't have the guts to. He's just saying out loud what Biden and.
Speaker 1: Obama did right right, which they wouldn't say or said contrary to, but their actions pour it out nice, yes.
Speaker 3: Right, So he's just following through on what the past two democratic presidents have done for better or what.
Speaker 2: But it's not unique really the parameters of the deal.
Speaker 1: But but not saying Ukraine started the war?
Speaker 3: Not that inspected. No, I don't, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's craziness, all right, we'll talk about it in uh in full next hour. Stay tuned if you can. If you can't, grab the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Right now, Let's figure out who's reporting what It's the lead story with Katie Green and.
Speaker 8: Katie thank you guys from the Associated Press. Hamas says it will free six living hostages and hand over four bodies, accelerating Gaza releases.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of complaints among people. Well, I don't know on the right. I just think decent moral people of all the headlines that are are leaving out the fact that Hamas is giving back people they murdered. They didn't die of natural causes in custody, including small children. All the headlines are returning people who died as opposed to were murdered by Hamas.
Speaker 1: Right, like they've died of old age and nice Hamas retirement home.
Speaker 3: Please, they got cancer in the last year and a half and we tried our best.
Speaker 8: From NBC US condemns quote dangerous Chinese maneuvers after close encounter with Philippine plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that is just a tinderbox. More on that next hour as well. I have a grand unifying theory of global politics.
Speaker 3: I've just come Joe's grand unifying theory. You're not gonna like it. From Breitbart.
Speaker 8: Two hundred and forty one million dollars spent on transgender surgeries and treatments for animals.
Speaker 3: Wait, no, no, no, no, yes, no.
Speaker 1: Trying to make a stud into a beesh to site. You know, dog breeding terms.
Speaker 3: From Daily Mail only fans.
Speaker 8: Model Annie Knight, who plans to sleep with one thousand men, revealed she's.
Speaker 3: Looking for a super secure boyfriend. What she ought to be looking for is mental health treatment, right, just more of parading the mentally ill out there for all our our entertainment. I don't find that entertaining.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just I'm here for some reason.
Speaker 1: The fragment of a Bible verse jumped into my head and Jesus wept.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is a troubled.
Speaker 3: Woman, severely damaged now, but I'm sure her life story is horrific.
Speaker 8: And finally, the Babylon Bee Delta crash caused by failure of passenger in seat to B to put his seat in the.
Speaker 3: Full upright position back. Why if you put your tray up, we wouldn't have landed on our top.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: You know, boy, that that video that's emerged of that plane flipping and everything.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's it's super dramatic. And the aviation expert on a. Evidently he got done vomiting at having to work with David Muir, and he gave a really good report in which he pointed out the saving grace of the thing was as it flipped and the fuel is in the wings. As that burst into flames, the wings busted off and were left behind, and so the fire threat to the fuselage, which miraculously held together, was much much less than if the plane had remained intact.
Speaker 3: I didn't know the fuels in the wings on a plane, didn't know it. I guess it's got to be somewhere where else would it be? Yeah? Interesting, Yeah, we got a lot in no how ur two. I hope you can catch it if you don't get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty