Speaker 1: On this Saturday, August third, the home team France has cut into Team USA lead.
Speaker 2: The United States has now won forty three Olympic medals, nine of them gold. France has thirty six total medals, followed by China with thirty one.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Amy and TJ. This is who you have to look forward to just this weekend at the Olympics. Simone, Lebron, Ladecki, Marshawn Shakerrie Neta, Isaac Noah, the biggest stars of the Paris Games are all in action this weekend.
Speaker 2: This weekend, and specifically today. Also in this edition of Tea from Perry, a couple of heartbreaking, hard to watch moments for American men. First a demoralizing loss for the US men's soccer team, and then later in the day we watched as US swimming star cried and cried and cried. Also in this episode, the ongoing gender controversy has now led to an official protest by one country and an official complaint another.
Speaker 1: Plus Pharrell and the French President in the VIP rooting for the new King of Olympic Swimming. The oldest man and the youngest man will meet in the tennis final, and a US runner pulls off a rare feat in a long distance race.
Speaker 2: And win gold and get a diamond a proposal in Paris, but was it the right time? And finally an expert in the field of microbiology gives us a definitive answer on one of the most talked about topics at the Olympics.
Speaker 1: And with that, we were watching and folks, as we get into this episode, Robot and I often record while we have the TV on live watching the early morning events, and we just saw something that drives home how heartbreaking the Olympics can be. We're watching the one hundred meters heats, the men's one hundred meters, the most prestigious title in track, fastest man in the world, first heat, first heat for a guy from Great Britain, and his Olympics is over before the race even s.
Speaker 2: He jumped the proverbial gun and it just by. It was so hard to watch, and he tried to convince the efficients there on the track that you know, to give him a second chance or whatever. He was explaining for quite some time and it was frustrating the other runners, but eventually he did not run in protest. He had to just walk off the field. And his hopes crushed.
Speaker 1: Just what we're talking about four years, You've been working for four years, and he gets to his first race, the first heat, and it's over. He's been disqualified and it's over. That is a heartbreaking thing. And only can happen something like that, neilandas I just.
Speaker 2: Kept saying, couldn't they just let everyone have a second chance? It just I know, I get it, but it is. It's it's so hard to watch.
Speaker 1: If folks, it's something to keep an eye on as you're watching some of the sprints. You don't get Yes, you get one chance. If you jump the gun, then you are disqualified. They also have something. Their starting blocks have essentially little computers in them that can monitor how quickly you react to the gun. They say a human being can't react quicker than I think a point a tenth of a second, and if you do it faster than that, it's considered actually you jump the gun, even though you didn't take off until after the gun went off, you still can take off too fast to where they say you still anticipated the gun and didn't take off when you heard the gun.
Speaker 3: That's what happened to this kid.
Speaker 1: A computer essentially said, hey, you were too fast off the blocks.
Speaker 2: What a mind game too, There's so much going through your head as an athlete. I can only imagine when you're at the height of your career with the chance of metal and I just I can see it happening. I can see it happening, even you're not trying to cheat. It's just you're anticipating it in your nerves and you've got a lot of adrenaline rushing. I just I feel for the guys.
Speaker 3: Jerema Azoo of Great Britain is out. He's right.
Speaker 1: It was kind of dramatic there for a little while as he kept trying to make his case, but that's over. We also watched Noran Lyles this morning. You'll see him, of course, the US star. He was a little in his heat. He actually made the commentator the analysts made are a little nervous. She's like, hey, I would appreciate if he, you know, stepped on the gas a little more than he did, because he ended up second in the close, almost third in his heat, and he didn't look great. And he had a very honest moment in his interview afterwards. He said, I didn't take my competitors seriously. I down played my competitors. It won't happen again.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, if you're going to do it, at least do it in the heat where you just it was just the top six to qualify. Correct? Is that usually what it is?
Speaker 1: Ish? God, we got our rules. Is the top two or three automatically go through? It might be the top two in all the heats and so many heats, and then time comes into play.
Speaker 3: But but he's.
Speaker 2: Under estimating your opponent. Okay, he'll never do it again. We shall see, we shall see.
Speaker 1: Should we update the folks now about the river sin You want to do the update now?
Speaker 3: Uh? Well, save it to the end.
Speaker 2: Let's save it for the end.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's save it for the for them.
Speaker 1: You all know they're talking about the river sence that water has been dirty and they cleaned and some guy said, I'm not going to wash my hands to try to introduce oh E cola into my system. Blah blah blah. Can you actually do that? We have a definitive answer. We'll get to that, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, there was a definitive, definitive decision on what's going on with the men's soccer team the US soccer team. It is not good. They are out there. Metal hopes were crushed and it was brutal, Morocco besting the US in a four to nil resounding defeat. You know, we planned the entire day around this game. We were excited, we were racing to be set up and watch, only to witness a very slow and painful demise for the American men.
Speaker 1: It was I think it was just one Niel at halftime, and then the wheels really really came off for this team. If you watched it from the jump, you always had the feeling that okay, as a matter of time before Morocco scores, they were constantly on the attack. They had good energy. They were out there laughing and smiling now having a good time.
Speaker 2: They were. It would look like they were having a party, and the players were not. And one of our star players, Kevin Prad's, gave this very soon statement after this game describing what happened. He said, and I quote here, they kept scoring, we didn't. I don't know what other words I could say. And that really summed it up in the simplest way possible. And even though they're out for this Olympics, there is some hopeful news. A lot of sports analysts who know more things than I do really are looking forward to what's to come with this team. Because all but three players on that team are under the age of twenty three. They have a lot of time ahead of them to grow and to improve. And remember, this very young team that did not perform well against Morocco pushed the American men into the quarterfinals for the first time since two thousands. So there's something there. We're seeing a spark of something.
Speaker 1: Okay, and a lot of it ies okay, because we got to get ready now. World Cup is going to be around the corner. But this is two back to back major international tournaments that the United States has not looked good in. The Copa America didn't get out the rounds, playing in a home country, essentially.
Speaker 2: Got out of the rounds this time, didn't get out of.
Speaker 1: The early stages, but got out this time, but then had a It wasn't just got there was It was a terrible showing for Neil Walker Zimmerman, kind of one of the older guys on this team. He questioned whether or not they have the right mindset when you put on that jersey. This is not guaranteed you're representing your country, and he said there's some of that missing. It was a little critical of some of the younger guys. So we'll see if that sticks. But man, we really want to see this team reached some kind of to be able to compete on an international level.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe the defeat, you know, that defeat with a little bit of hope, you know, they thought, wow, we got out of we got out of the group rounds and then this resounding defeat. Maybe that'll light a spark inside many of them.
Speaker 1: Well, or maybe they should go to the Aquatic Center and see Leon Marcham do some swimming and get inspired this dude. Have you have you been watching some of the swimming. This kid, he's the star of the Olympics. He's the star of the pool.
Speaker 3: You've been here. The crowd laon Leon. They've been rooting his name. But he is the guy he is.
Speaker 1: Forgive me for the Michael Phelps comparison, but he is now in that conversation. He has broken some of Michael Phelps records a few over the years, but now he is that superstar. He is now four for four at the Olympics, four races, four gold medals after ropes. He won the two hundred meters individual medley last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he popped out of the pool after that, he just put up his hands and put the number four and everyone knew what he was referring to, which is pretty impressive. If you've just won four medals and they're all gold, you get to do that. Also, you pointed out it's been fun to watch the French when any of their swimmers do the butterfly when they pop up. Sorry I meant to say the breastroke. When they pop up, they yelled, they chance so that their swimmer can hear them. It was fun watching them do that, and they really go into a frenzy anytime Marshaun swims, including we saw French president Macrone who was there cheering wildly in the stands with Pharrell Williams nearby. So it's fun to see the fans get so into it and get behind they're a swimmer or just any swimmer who's that great to watch.
Speaker 1: I don't think Maack wrong was putting on. I mean he was fanning out in a way that you don't see a lot of world leaders do.
Speaker 3: That was just cool.
Speaker 2: So it was a human moment.
Speaker 3: Everybody gets into it, and we'll get.
Speaker 2: To see Moreshaan swim again this weekend in a relay and he'll have a chance for yet another goal, so maybe he can hold up a high five.
Speaker 3: We have to turn down to this.
Speaker 1: From what you've seen through the end of the day yesterday, ropes and today this morning, would just say it's still a growing controversy.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, there are actually several new developments to tell you about. When it comes to the Algerian boxer Iman Khalif. We talked about it yesterday and I'm sure if you've even looked online in any way, you'll know she's the boxer who made those headlines after her opponent, Italy's Angela Karini, quit just forty six seconds into their match, complaining that the hits were just too hard, and then Khalif's eligibility to compete was questioned once again by critics. She was disqualified from last year's Women's World Championships after failing an unspecified gender eligibility test. That test itself has been in question. It claims she had elevated levels of testosterone, but the IOC, the International Olympic Committee, has maintained the Khaliph and she's now a two time female Olympian, meets all the requirements to compete. So here's what's been happening. Khalif's father is now speaking out in defense of his daughter. He even showed reporters her birth documents and younger photos of the boxer, stating she was born female, that she is female, and he said the attacks against his daughter are immoral. He urged her to go all the way and win gold for her country. But as she fights for that medal, her next match, which happens to be today, is getting nasty outside the rank.
Speaker 1: This young leg what do you I'm disgusted by that idea that someone has to pull out a birth certificate. I know, okay, so I mean, look, I know things have happened in international competitions before, and people have fabricated documents before and all that stuff. But the idea of you're telling somebody essentially you need to drop trouser and prove to me what you are, that's that's disgusting.
Speaker 2: It's tough, and she's fighting, and look countries are getting involved. She is fighting Hungary's Anna Luka Hamori, but the Hungarian Boxing Association now putting out an official protest to the IOC to reconsider allowing Khalif to compete. That is not going to happen. The IOC is standing by its decision and Hamori still plans to fight her. But here's where it gets really, really gross and disgusting. She reposted a disturbing image that depicted Khalif as some sort of muscled, horned animal in the ring. A beast is what a lot of people are calling it. And she also was reposting stories that continue to wrongly claim Khalif is not a woman. Now, Maury has since shut down a lot of that social media presence after those posts were discovered, but it's still out there. So because of those posts, the Algerian Olympic Committee has now submitted an official complaint to the IOC saying that she has violated the ethics of the sport, referring back to those social media posts, that's.
Speaker 1: What you mean by ugly, Yeah, that's awful. It was encouraging at least the young lady. She beat the quit in forty six seconds. She did come out and essentially apologize. She did, she apologized, so she didn't shake her hand afterwards. She said Actually, she got caught up in the moment at that time, and that was the wrong thing to do. When she was sorry, she says she respects the IOC's the decision.
Speaker 3: They say, she can fight. I respect it.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't a snub necessarily. It was just that she was angry that her Olympic dream had quo gone up in smoke, and that's why she didn't shake hands at the time. Maybe that will help with some of this conversation. I just got, don't what are you supposed to do? When can it go away? If somebody you're a woman and somebody's telling you you are not what you are?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and no, it's really frustrating. There's so much misinformation out there that she's transgender, that she's intersects, all these none of that's none of that appears to be true at all. So it's hard to undo a rumor like that. You know, perception becomes reality, unfortunately, and so many of these false stories that come out about anyone, it's really hard to get that back. So it's frustrating, but no doubt it will be a spectacle to see what happens inside the ring with all that's been happening outside of the ring. That fight is scheduled for later today. I believe it's eleven twenty two Eastern times.
Speaker 3: That's not ugly.
Speaker 2: I hope it isn't.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just it's it's it's like a powder keg situation. I don't know. We'll have to We'll have to wait and see all. You know this this was tough to watch and uh US swimmer Caleb Dressel, he broke down into yours after he was not able to defend his Olympic gold medals in the one hundred meter butterfly the fifty meter freestyle. You know, he won both of those events just three years ago in Tokyo, and it was a crushing defeat yesterday.
Speaker 1: This is a guy he is. This is how impressive he is. It's kind of cool that he's gold or bust. This dude's got eight gold medals and nothing else. He's no silver, no bronze. So he's gonna win the thing or he's just not gonna be involved. But he was crying and crying and crying. Yeah, it was an Olympic moment. This is a guy who's talked a lot about his mental health after the last Olympics and wasn't enjoying swimming. I had to take some time off from swimming got himself together. But it looked like everything in one moment, and we happened to all be there for it, and it felt inappropriate at a time to even be there watching it.
Speaker 2: A lot of people were commenting that they did not appreciate the decision to keep the camera on him because it just kept going, and people said it actually became too heartbreaking and too devastating to watch, although I did see there was one mother who said she was the mother of three young sons and she actually didn't mind her son seeing that it's okay for men to let it out to be emotional too, Like that is heartbreaking, that is devastating, and if you want to cry, you should be able to cry. And so she appreciated that that was shown to be just to normalize it, and that this is something that men do. This is something that men should be able to do publicly, and it's okay to get it out.
Speaker 1: It's okay to get it out, Is it okay? I guess where do we draw the line. It's not a criticism necessarily of NBC and what they decided to do. But I guess to some folks it's felt like that person needs a private moment.
Speaker 3: You see, you're showing it.
Speaker 1: It's happening right there, and he was in it, and I think somebody finally came and got him, and that was his team doctor. Actually he was hugging someone who has helped this Team USA with a lot of their mental health struggles, tends to them physically and mentally, and it was just a tough moment. We've done this plenty in television before. To where I have I have insisted after interviews I do. I said, do not put the part of them crying into the teas because that feels like we're exploiting in some ways, it's a.
Speaker 3: Little too far. We'll put it in there.
Speaker 1: They cried, fine, but at some point it feels like it's too much like you're exploiting it for your own.
Speaker 2: That's a good way to pay purposes. Yeah, And because that's a decision by the director to stay on the shop. The cameraman's been told you stay on it, stay on it. There are all these decisions being made in the booth in real time, and it's okay. To second guess them and wonder if it was the right one.
Speaker 3: But did you mind it?
Speaker 2: I thought it was a little too much, you know, showing it and acknowledging it is one thing, but I think at one point then it just becomes like this is a private moment that he should be able to experience. And I'm glad he was able. His doctor was able to get him far away from the camera's lens. That was the right call we should mention. Though It's not as if he will go home without any medals. You may remember, he's going to bring home one gold medal from Paris the four by four hundred meter freestyle relays. He is not going home empty handed.
Speaker 1: That fifty Again, these these examples of just how devastating the Olympics, just how heartbreaking it would be. The fifty meter. He came in sixth place in the fifty meter and this one was means. Of course, he didn't get a medal, but his time in this one was twenty one point sixty one seconds. Twenty one point sixty one seconds. He won this event at twenty one point oh seven seconds last time around. That is a half a second. You can barely get your head around that you can barely just that is not even Yeah, is how much of a difference and it called went that goes from goal to not being on the metal stands.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine competing in those margins. I just I cannot imagine.
Speaker 1: Oh we got some Uh, this will be fun to watch the men's tennis final. It's actually going to feature two superstars on the tour, one all time great, uh, the other working to become an all time great. But they happen to be now the the oldest man and the youngest man to ever play in the Olympics final, Novak Djokovic thirty seven years old, and Carlos Alvraz of course twenty one. He's the new stud from Spain, who's a lot of people seeing as the next Nadal. But those two are going to go ahead to head and it's funny. The oldest man to ever be in the final and the youngest man ever to be in the final gonna be in the final together.
Speaker 2: And the crazy thing is Djokovic has the most Grand Slam wins in history, twenty four, but he does not have a gold medal. It is the one thing he does not have, so you know, he wants that.
Speaker 1: I think he's oh in three, oh and two, he's oh in three and see this is.
Speaker 2: His yeah, and this is his fourth attempt at his first gold medal. That's status. Well, you can take it for what it is.
Speaker 1: Can helper kind of root for him because you know it's probably gonna be his last around, But that'd be a fun match to watch. We have an American runner that has done something that Americas just don't do that much. In fact, an American has only done it four times now in the history of the Games. When a medal in the ten k race.
Speaker 2: It's funny. When you said ten k, I was like, wait, ten k, and then I looked it up. It's also known as the ten thousand meter because a ten k is one thing. But to have to run a ten k around a track? How many loops? Is that?
Speaker 3: Around? Five?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, because if you're a runner, that would be oh, I would have a really hard time with it, just around and around and around.
Speaker 3: But six miler you do that? You sleep?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in a linear fashion, yes, running to a destination two and from I'll even do one loop, but twenty five.
Speaker 1: But in the Olympic stadium, everybody's yelling your name, me and the kids.
Speaker 2: You're like losing. How wait what lap miler?
Speaker 3: Ya? You would be the one I would be.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, wait, is it twenty three or twenty two? I forgot? Do I have one more to go? Anyway? Grant Fisher grabbed a bronze in the ten k or ten thousand meter and the last time an American medal in this event was back in twenty twelve, but before that, the last times were in nineteen sixty four, in nineteen twelve. It's not really our event, No, it isn't, but this year it.
Speaker 1: Was Okay, gods damn. He does have the five k as well. But this kid, Graham Fisher talks about. I mean, he's been out there for a while. He says he's had a lot of fourth and fifth place finishes. He said, coming up in the US, you're always told you're never going to be as good as the East African runners, You're never going to be good as those European runners, and he's been trying and trying to get to this point. It was actually a photo finish between second and third. He almost got a silver. But it's just nice to see and he's trying to put kind of long distance American running on the map. And this is the longest distance race in track and field. You got the marathon, but this is the longest race you see.
Speaker 2: Around that track twenty five times. Yes, I didn't even honestly, because when I saw ten thousand meters, I was like, what what is that? Ten k makes more sense for me? Now, all right, this is well, it depends on your feelings about the story. I initially thought it was a beautiful story, but then you raised.
Speaker 3: Question, she is not a beautiful story.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, so here's what happened. She got off the podium and her boyfriend got down on one knee.
Speaker 3: That sounds that's a great start to a story.
Speaker 2: I see. I think this is a beautiful story, a great start a marriage proposal for mixed doubles bad minton champion. I'm gonna try to say her name right, Huang Chung after winning the gold, going through the medal ceremony, her boyfriend, who was also a member of the Chinese bad minton team. He did not win a gold, but he pulled out a ring and proposed when she got off the podium.
Speaker 1: And if you haven't seen it. Please go look up the images. It's a really cool picture because she has the gold medal on and then give her flowers with that. So she's already got the flowers in her hand, she's outfitted in the Chinese the Olympic sweats, and he's there and it's just everybody smiling.
Speaker 3: She says, Yes, that's an Olympic moment. That's awesome. What are you talking about.
Speaker 2: Wait, you're the one who asked if whether or not that like took away that's a gold medal, And I would just say, as I can only speak for myself, I think it would just be like the cherry on top.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, okay, it.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't steal away from my moment of winning gold. It would cement that moment as the greatest moment of my life. Because two of the most beautiful things that could happen happen.
Speaker 1: Why can you not separate those moments and have two of the greatest moments in your life?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So, what my question there is is it good? Would you want somebody to propose to you on your birthday? Do you want somebody to propose to you on Christmas? Do you want big days to be kind of conflated like that, not that it takes away from surely it adds to. But you guys just got a gold medal. The marriage hopefully it lasts. From my experience, sometimes they don't.
Speaker 2: But well, I was just gonna say, here's the deal, looking back reflecting on if they stay married and have a beautiful life together, then that's the most amazing story. But now if it doesn't work out, then you're always like man, every time you think about your gold medal, you think about your failed relationship.
Speaker 3: I'm going to use your words against you. Now.
Speaker 1: You cannot be invested in the result. Who says just because the marriage doesn't work out that this moment was.
Speaker 2: I will just say it would not bother me. In fact, I would think it was a beautiful moment. Now, the funny thing is you mentioned what if she had Well, you would said if she hadn't won the gold, but he still had proposed, right. But it's funny because her partner in this mixed doubles race, who won gold as well, said wow, three years ago he did the same thing, but he had lost, so he said this is this is sweeter that they had won and the proposal all happened at once. I think it's all around win win, Okay.
Speaker 1: But my other question there what if she had gotten a silver, a bronze, What if she didn't get a medal at all?
Speaker 3: Would he have still proposed?
Speaker 2: I don't know if he would have proposed publicly. I don't know. Maybe not. I think maybe he had he had it in his pocket just in case and it all worked out.
Speaker 3: Is it inappropriate after she loses to propose.
Speaker 1: I would not want even that night, no later that that weekend.
Speaker 2: Separation from the loss from I don't think yeah, that that would not have felt so euphoric. That would have been like, really, could you have picked a better time?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Timing is everything, isn't that what they say?
Speaker 1: Congratulations to them both for the metal and for the ring. Now, can we give the Can we give the update about seth Ryder now and the sand river in the nasty water?
Speaker 2: Yes? So we once we finished recording yesterday, we got on the phone with my dad Microbach, the microbiologist, and he gave us some very scientific and resolute opinions about whether or not you can microdose. What happens when you try to familiarize your body with any sort of bacteria or E. Coal I if you're preparing to travel in the river sin in anyway. And what did he say, Well.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm trying to put this the right way. He essentially says, no, you can't do that. He was definitive in saying it, because this story kind of went viral, this idea that seth Ryder, a triathlete from America, was saying that he was not going to wash his hands in the days and weeks leading into the Olympics because he was preparing his gut. He was preparing his body to take on potentially some of the E. Coli that was in the water. Micro doosing to try to build up some immunity was what he was saying. And he did say it was backed by science.
Speaker 2: What he said, yeah, and my dad, who is a scientist, said that's he's full of. He didn't say this, We'll put words in his mouth. Essentially, he said he's full of.
Speaker 1: But again, this is an expert. We're not just joking around. He about to dad, he is a microbiologist. This is what he does. He's saying the idea, the thought that you can do that is asinine, essentially, because a couple of reasons. One, there are so many strains of you. The one in your body likely ain't the same as whatever is in certainly is not, certainly is not. So you're not you're getting no immunity because it's not the same. E cola too. He said, even if it was the same and you could do that, it would take and his word, a lifetime pursuit to try to build up immunity that way to eat cola right, just impossible.
Speaker 2: To which you had a huge belly laugh because it just basically said impossible, And it's hilarious that he even tried or put it out there. So if you're in any way trying to uh, he said, like personally vaccinate yourself, you will not acquire immunity, So don't try this at home. That was the that was my headline from my dad, and.
Speaker 3: He was laughing about it. He just thought the idea was so silly.
Speaker 1: But seth Ryders come out later and said, in fact, he said, oh I was just joking. If he was, if he knows it wasn't, That's what he said. At this point, we've had some fun with it, but it's been a story and the river will continue to be a story until all the racers are done. Still think they have a marathon or relay or something they have to do in the water, So we shall.
Speaker 2: See, yes, But what we are looking forward to is today. I mean, there is so much to watch. There were so many must see events that are overlapping one another, so I think this is going to be another multiple screen day for US.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Gymnastics obviously going to be huge today. Simone Biles going for gold once again. She's competing on the vault, where of course she is a significant favorite to say the least. And on the men's side, we are going to see our favorite pommel horse. What do they call him? The pommel horse geek? Is that is that his There's a couple of guests glasses and he's just got this kind of viral sensation going now because people are just in awe of what he can do on that pommel horse. Stephen Etta Rozik will compete for Team USA on seid pommel horse, where he already matched the best score in the preliminaries in the event so far, so he is a really good shot. We're excited about that.
Speaker 1: Also, the US women's soccer we had we're not going to miss this. Of course, playing Japan this morning again is now win or come home for America. This is the knockout stage now at playing Japan this morning, and Katie Lydekki, this is going to be our last chance to see her.
Speaker 2: It's her last race of the Games today and she's going to attempt a third straight Olympic gold medal, and this is going to be in the women's eight hundred meter freestyle that happens this afternoon. But that medal would give her an unprecedented fourteenth medal, which is just remarkable for her and for women in the sport. And there are nine swimming events scheduled today, by the way, including the men's one hundred meters butterfly final, So a lot of things to look forward.
Speaker 1: To in the pool and track and field. We've all been already been watching a lot of that this morning. But yes, to carry richardson, she is now about to go for goal. We will see a gold medal final in the women's one hundred, so that title of fastest women in the world is going to be up for grabs in USA. Also got a four by four hundred relay in a heavy favorite to win goal. There Noah Lyles. We told you we've been seeing him in his early heats. Put a warning out. We saw him in a live interview after his heat. The rest of the field is in trouble now because I just realized the mistake I made and it's done.
Speaker 3: It's over, So watch out. That is the word from him this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the semifinals for tomorrow, so we're going to continue to see a lot of him, which we're excited about. Men's basketball, Lebron James and Team USA back in action in their final group play game. They're taking on Puerto Rico. That also happens around eleven o'clock this morning, and also around eleven o'clock this morning. What we've been talking about. Women's boxing of course in man Khalif she will be taking on that Belgian opponent. That all happens, and the women's welterweight quarterfinals. So it is going to be quite the day in sports.
Speaker 1: We have to get go and get started early to they get the girls together, get the food together, get the drinks are flowing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we know how to do that. It's going to be quite the day and it's going to be spent in front of the television.
Speaker 1: Folks, we appreciate you all as always spend some time with us. I hope you continue to enjoy the Olympics. You're about to say.
Speaker 2: Hungry, So I'm just sorry. That's why I was slowing down because I saw your face and like, wait, I just said something wrong, So my apologies. Yes, Khalif is fighting her Hungarian opponent Anna Luka Hamori, so my apologies. It's Hungry, not Belgium.
Speaker 1: So if you all heard there at the end as we were wrapping up voices kind of slowed down and we kind of worn't saying.
Speaker 2: I immediately was going back to see where I made a mistake.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's what happened at the end. Sorry by that.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank god it's not the Olympics because I would have been disqualified everybody, So yes, thank you for listening to us each and every day. We are going to come to you tomorrow with another edition of the Tea from Perry.
Speaker 3: I'm married to that name.