Speaker 1: Bone Zone Bones.
Speaker 2: All right, a few things before we get over to lunchboxes. Interview with the Challenge Mania crew, and I'll let him set that up. But our whole studio was Challenge Mania. I thought DJ poly D was coming in based on the pictures and stuff. So all that coming up in just a few minutes. But speaking of podcasts, Morgan, do you always do your podcast from your house? Do guests come to your house?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the home studio is like I changed one of the rooms over to be a home studio.
Speaker 2: Do you ever have guys come over to be the guest and they come over by themselves? Oh, that just feels dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, and it was kind of funny. Recently I had a much older gentleman come on and he was an awesome guest, but he showed up like forty five minutes early, and I'm like, oh, what do I do?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Your house?
Speaker 2: Oh that's tough because I wonder if he knew it was your home studio or if he was just showing up early to a studio.
Speaker 6: That's a little that's forty five minutes.
Speaker 7: That's that's uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Even me.
Speaker 2: I would have sat in the car for a while yeah, but I wonder if he did he know it was your home.
Speaker 3: I always make sure when I respond, I'm like, hey, it's a home studio, here's the address, so they know. But I don't know if his people conveyed that message to him.
Speaker 7: So what did you do? I they're dating now.
Speaker 5: I was literally like in my sweats.
Speaker 1: I hadn't changed.
Speaker 3: I had just finished like cleaning up, because I always try and make sure everything's like prepared and ready, and changing is like the last thing that I do. So I answered the door and I'm like in my sweats and I'm like, oh my gosh. And he's like, no, I know, I'm so early. And I just kind of sat him in my podcast studio and I was like, I'll be here like five seconds, and then I'm like running around changing.
Speaker 7: I felt that's uncomfortable, that's awkward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you're changing when he's there.
Speaker 8: We do a.
Speaker 2: Bobby cast from my from my house, but it's not even my house, so we have a building now in the back.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: We did do it from in my house for a long time and it got to be weird where people were just in the house.
Speaker 5: It's just weird.
Speaker 2: After a while I was like, I don't know people just being in my house and so and then certain artists you think I can still suck depending on Yeah, so for the Bobby cast, for the most part, some we do here, I'm lucky enough that they go to the back, like there's a basically a trail to the backyard with this building where we have built a studio. But I know how uncomfortable that is. But also the dynamic of female male Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 3: I know, and I'm really thankful too, like genuine when I say older gentlemen like much much older. So like I didn't feel uncomfortable, but it still was like there's a stranger in my home. I am not dressed, and I felt ill prepared for like this situation where I was like I should have been dressed an hour ago, and I know I shouldn't have because he came early.
Speaker 8: It was just I was so frazzled.
Speaker 6: I wonder at what age for men do we start to be like, oh, I'm comfortable now because he's eighty, like if he was as a woman. Yeah, Like because you just said I felt okay knowing that he was older. So then at what aged men suddenly but come like.
Speaker 7: Safe when you can beat them up.
Speaker 2: And I think it's a case by case when they're brittle enough that you can beat them up.
Speaker 1: Wheelchair, Yeah, wheelchair for sure.
Speaker 2: Gary Muldier, who's a comedian, plays at the opera a bunch. He's eighty five. He showed up an hour early. But I have a have no building, so we just sat in the building.
Speaker 6: You don't have to get like as a woman changing your club.
Speaker 7: I had to do nothing. I was lucky enough. I didn't matter. I could have been naked. He still wasn't the side he was over in the side building.
Speaker 8: What was that?
Speaker 7: What was the topic? Is that one up yet?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's enough.
Speaker 1: His name is doctor Harry Cohen.
Speaker 3: He wrote a book called Be the Son, Not the Salt, and it was really good, like genuinely great guy.
Speaker 7: It was just I want the doctor to be early though, you know what. I like that. I like it that it's the doctor that's early on. My doctor to be early all the time.
Speaker 3: And he was very old fashioned, like he came dressed in like a suit and tie, so I was very uncomfortable.
Speaker 7: I was literally in sweats.
Speaker 3: I was like, I need to put on a dress.
Speaker 7: Oh, his wardrobe.
Speaker 8: Changed your wards.
Speaker 1: So funny.
Speaker 7: That's funny in your house. Yeah, but do you have guests?
Speaker 6: Well, with feeling things, we're not going to do the guests route, but with four things, yeah, I had plenty of people in and out of my house, like I wanted to.
Speaker 9: Ye.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, right, that was That was acupuncture day. I definitely had a lot going on in my life during that season. Not an excuse, but my in laws were living with us at the time to help with some of the chaos, and I decided to go get acupuncture again because my life is falling apart. And I guess I didn't explain to him I have a podcast interview in two hours. I didn't know. It was one of my first times to go to this guy, and he's he lays me face down on the table and I'm just assuming this is gonna be a less than an hour appointment. Well, I laid down on my stomach, so in my back. He puts a bunch of needles in my head and my back, down my leg like everywhere, so I can't move kind of needles in me. Also so relaxing. I fell asleep right there more than all of it, like all of it.
Speaker 5: It was just bad.
Speaker 6: I couldn't. I had not my phone. You know, you're supposed to be there. It's acupuncture. And then all of a sudden he's like, okay, time to get up, roll over and I sit up and I'm like what time is it? And he's like, oh, it's been about two hours and like what So then I look at my phone and I have all these miscalls for my father in law and he's like your podcast interviews here, and I was like mortified. So luckily they understood and I rescheduled.
Speaker 1: They came back. Yeah, there was that stress, the stress relieve where you were.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 6: Oh, I was like, whatever you just did to me?
Speaker 7: Now it's undone that's true got canceled.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna get to this now with Lunchbox. What's Challenge Mania? Is it from that show? You watch The Challenge?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: So what they do is it's like a live podcast. They take different cast members and they go to different cities and so every city will have different cast members with them and they do sort of a Q and A and they do like where you meet the fans and everything.
Speaker 7: It's all this that that's.
Speaker 1: What they were in town for yet.
Speaker 7: Oh they were doing that somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a paid place, like you buy tickets and you go and you get to meet the challenge. People ask them questions, they tell stories.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: So Lunchwalks was very excited. After we left the show. They I didn't see them because I think they came up with like two or something.
Speaker 9: Yeah, two o'clock in the afternoon. Man, I stayed here to work late. That's what I do on the grind You do out what is it called? Is it the grind hitting the Grindstone?
Speaker 8: Is that what you call it?
Speaker 7: Huh? That's a combination of a couple of them. Yeah, like the ground Oh.
Speaker 9: Those of the Grindstone, you know. I mean everybody else is at home. I'm here working away.
Speaker 7: So if I ask you who they are. Just to set this up, Mark Long.
Speaker 1: He's the og. He's been doing this for since nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 2: Is he the guy that's organized the whole travel around to the podcast?
Speaker 1: No, that that guy's name is Scott Yeager.
Speaker 9: Him and Darren who was a contestant on road Rules, they came up with it. Mark Long was just the first road Rules and He is the one that came up with the challenge All Stars, which brings.
Speaker 1: Back vets like it's like a shorter season. It's on Paramount. It's amazing.
Speaker 9: It's like you get all the old school people because they can't be away from their family as long. And he's like, we should do this. They can't give away three months, but they can give away three weeks and that's what has brought back All Stars. Mark Long is known as the godfather Polly, Paullie, Dude, Big Brother.
Speaker 7: Why'd you look at Eddie?
Speaker 1: You guys don't know these people.
Speaker 2: This is not Polly d Oh. Who is Holly D's from Jersey Shore. Okay, yeah, this is just no.
Speaker 9: Polly was on Big Brother. Then he came to the Challenge and dude, he came in like usually the rookies, like, oh, you know, I'm not gonna do anything.
Speaker 1: He's crazy. He tells Johnny Bananas, I'm gonna whoop your and he tries to whoop it. He's crazy. He's awesome.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 9: Adam Adam was on road Rules way back when he's on All Stars now and he's been on a few seasons All Stars. Met his chick on All stars.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's been around world back in the game now recently back in the game.
Speaker 2: Any girls in the show. Yeah, on the podcast. Yeah, Avery got it.
Speaker 1: From Real World Portland and then she's also on the challenge.
Speaker 2: When you see someone that was on Real World, is that cool to you because you're a massive Real World fan?
Speaker 9: If I see him on real Real World or road Rules, they're huge to me, Like it is like my dream and my everything I am. I'm like that great day I am. They got to live what I wanted to be, Like, they got to do what I wanted to do. Like Avery's like one of the last Real Worlds almost, Like that's what's crazy.
Speaker 7: That show's over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't do it anymore.
Speaker 7: When do they quit? What was the last season?
Speaker 1: Oh that's a great question.
Speaker 9: Uh, I mean they did one in Los Angeles that was really bad.
Speaker 1: That was the one Scooba was supposed to be on.
Speaker 7: I don't mind the show, like as a member.
Speaker 9: Scooba was supposed to be on, but he picked a chick over the Real World.
Speaker 7: I don't know about this.
Speaker 11: We talked about it was a long time ago, like five years ago when you first met me. We talked about on the show. Is they did this was the first time ever they did the online auditions.
Speaker 7: Wait, so you were offered the job.
Speaker 11: And I was dating a chick during that process. I had just met her almost that same weekend. And then I turned it down because I'm like, well, this this girl basically told me was my ex wife, that if I went for this role then we wouldn't be anything.
Speaker 2: Is this like cars run you off the road though, or maybe occasionally or did you for sure get the d Yeah?
Speaker 11: No, Yeah, it was me and this other guy from Daytona Beach and then he was the alternate and they went with him because I turned it down because of her, which that week Yeah, the whole weekend changed my life. But I think it was a great thing because I turned it down. I saw those guys are nice guys. But I'm glad I didn't go that route.
Speaker 1: No, No, that was a terrible season in real world.
Speaker 7: I also think because didn't you end up divorcing that girl?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the girl told me not to go on the show.
Speaker 1: I divorced her.
Speaker 7: I caught her cheating on you.
Speaker 2: Yes on Ashley Madison. Yeah, so the same woman. I guess My point is, if he'd taken the show. Even if the show had been lame, he would have never gotten married, right.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't have to go through all that.
Speaker 11: But then I would never would have met my soulmate. I never would have moved to San Francisco or Los Angeles and chase that maybe in a different way, Well.
Speaker 9: You would have been in Los Angeles because the real world was in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Want been in latter quicker.
Speaker 11: But it could also have been a failure and a flop because it was the worst season, so awful, or I could have saved the season or saved the show.
Speaker 2: Never know, I didn't know that he was offered a spot. That's what Lunchbox always wanted.
Speaker 8: Everything he is but he I mean.
Speaker 7: He is today is based on that show.
Speaker 9: But when I see that season, I'm like, I wouldn't have been that season. Wouldn't have been fun to be on, Like I wouldn't want to be offered that spot.
Speaker 7: But like Scuba saying, you could have changed that, Yeah, Like no, I don't think changed the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Secret Sauce.
Speaker 2: Yep, So we're about to do and play this whole thing. Was it fun for you? Was it amazing?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 9: Was geeking out, like I had a smile from my ear to ear, and Scoop was like, hey, man, if you can keep it to thirty minutes, I was like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Thirty minutes, man, Yeah yeah. I think we talked for like an hour and a half.
Speaker 7: Were they were they getting annoyed that you wouldn't let him go?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: I think they loved it.
Speaker 11: Hey good, But now they loved that I was watching them because I was running the cameras too, And it's fun to see reality stars want and fight for camera time because someone will be talking and they see me zooming on them because they can monitor from the studio, and then they would be talking, oh I got a story too, I got a story, and that I would change the camera and zoom to them. So for me, it was kind of like fishing a little bit for who wants to talk? But they were talking and talking and talking, and they wouldn't stop. They could have been here for three or four hours I had. We almost had to cut it off and it'd be like lunchbox, We got to go take home with the lunchbox. You guys go finishes at home, plug their shows. Let's move on.
Speaker 7: We gotta go dude, Okay, So here it is.
Speaker 2: This is the Lunchbox, the Challenge Mania Special. Anything else that I haven't said because I don't really know what's going on here.
Speaker 1: No, we want to cursing. There is cursing.
Speaker 7: I was We're gonna get the E tag. Huh Yeah.
Speaker 11: Those are are so many curse words. It's hard to find every single one, but by them or Lunchbox, Lunchbox was clean. He was a very professional broadcaster. I would say, did a great job.
Speaker 9: But they're just reality show that That's just how they are. That's how they talk on the reality show. That's exactly who they are. They were genuine.
Speaker 1: It was so fun.
Speaker 2: Artists come in, that's who they are. They curse and they decide to throw on microphone. They're not gonna curse. I don't think it makes them less of who they are if they don't.
Speaker 9: Well, I didn't say, hey, there's a podcast, keep it clean, man, Like I wanted PAULI to be who he is. I wanted him to talk trash about bananas. I wanted to hear the inside scoop you here, behind the scenes stuff that, oh man, blow your mind.
Speaker 2: So everybody listening there will be bad words. We will have an E tag. I'm sure next to this. I hate the E tag on our podcast because that's not us. It's explessed. That means explicit.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't my fault.
Speaker 9: So maybe it was because I asked such good questions that we had to get to because they got so fired up.
Speaker 7: This is the Lunchbox Challenge Mania Special.
Speaker 8: Here you go, David.
Speaker 1: All right, cool, that's right, all right, lunch is good. I'm good. Check chagging my on, you're good. Cool, all right, I'm rolling over here on video.
Speaker 9: Oh man, welcome guys. I'm Lunchbox and this is I mean, my super Bowl. I love having you guys. I met Scott a few years ago. I am a die hard fan, so this is amazing. So I want to say welcome to POULI.
Speaker 1: Mark, Avery and Adam and then Davies. I didn't know you were coming to either, you know, hey, just random show up. Thank you, So thanks for being here, guys.
Speaker 8: Thank you guys, thanks for the hospitality.
Speaker 13: A couple of times ago we were in Nashville, these guys reached out. I forget it was through Mire, through Derek when we did a show here. And I think it's it's rare, but I believe we have a completely new cast with us here today. Then put it into that day, including Derek who can't be here. He sends his regards. He loves you guys too. But but yeah, that's what's cool about this is that we're kind of doing our own little you know, every you know show of the Real World Road Worles Challenge has its own like organic you know, cast chemistry, and then now you got a whole new slew.
Speaker 12: Yeah, cast rolling the dice in there. This is what you got today, baby.
Speaker 9: And then some of you guys don't know each other, but a lot do. So do you guys all know each other they're here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean, I mean we never met.
Speaker 14: I haven't seen Mark since Trinidad in two thousand and five. I like, Paulie and I know each other virtually, but like, no, no, we met in Orlando.
Speaker 8: We also listen, we also met in Orlando. He was just very tipsy in Orlando. He doesn't remember, do you know.
Speaker 14: When there's alcohol in flights, it's just it's a recipe for awesome.
Speaker 8: But we haven't been sober, really caught up in forever, so it's good. It's nice to see everyone.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Davis, I haven't seen since forever forever, So yeah, So I mean, how.
Speaker 1: Did you, like, how do you guys stay in there?
Speaker 9: Just like, how does Davis if he hadn't been around, how does he get back into the group with you guys?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 1: How does this? How does it all die together?
Speaker 5: We think?
Speaker 12: I think one of the great things about what we do when we're not shooting is stuff like this, right, getting to travel all over different cities doing Challenge. Manias and Scott always has a great knack of always interchanging people that haven't seen each other in a while.
Speaker 8: That makes sense.
Speaker 12: So the fact that we came here today and they're Carolina, I'm Florida, Pauli's Florida.
Speaker 8: Now you're here, Davis is here, so it made sense.
Speaker 12: And you know, not a lot of other shows do what we do in terms of getting back together so frequently.
Speaker 8: So it's just by just shuffling the deck. Man it's and.
Speaker 12: We're always I think we're always still big fans of each other, so that's always good.
Speaker 5: Well, these two, I feel.
Speaker 4: Like the Challenge is almost like Comic Con in a way when it comes to the fandoms and the people. There's so many of us, Like I feel like Big Brother can't do these pop ups or like Survivor can't really do these pop ups as frequently as you have said it.
Speaker 13: Up, there's not the connective tissue of you guys going back and playing with each other and things like that.
Speaker 5: Whereas like, because these two just played together on the fortieth season.
Speaker 13: Paul three yeah, these three yea, these two.
Speaker 5: Met on All Stars four. I believe you.
Speaker 13: Made your MTV debut two or three decades before hers, and now they're.
Speaker 9: Dating to get there, Like what brings you back after so long?
Speaker 5: Look at her?
Speaker 13: We might have to pass out?
Speaker 1: Is going to be there? Like what made you decide to say yes when they call you again?
Speaker 14: Okay, you never don't want to say yes. Maybe there are some people, but it is a really amazing family. It's like but as soon as soon as you get over the dysfunctional part of it and like kind of accept that we're all super flawed, and but like when we get together, we learn so much about each other. We have so much fun. Yes, we have to play a game, but like I've been waiting to get back into the family, you know what I mean, And to have the opportunity to date somebody who actually can like get what's going on when I'm away or she's away, we like realize that it's not just a vacation.
Speaker 5: It's it because it's like, it's.
Speaker 6: Definitely not a vacation, right, You're definitely.
Speaker 5: Not a vacation.
Speaker 14: You're in a human experiment. And unless you have somebody who's kind of like been through that trauma with you, we're all trauma bonded. That's that's why we like to get back together so we can watch our own compare our train wreck of lives.
Speaker 12: And I think now with All Stars bringing back some some of those faces that you grew up with. You know, Adam's a father now, a lot of the women on the show now are mom's a He's kind of playing a stepmom role, right, So, and I think having All Stars being so fresh to the audience, I knew it would be popular because when I sent the tweet out on Twitter or x, it went crazy. So the fact that people like Adam or Davis wants to come back, the fact that there's now a platform where if they come back, it's not weird anymore. It's like, oh, this is all Stars. We expect Davis to come back, We expect the Adam. So I think it's nice to have that as a secondary show to the franchise show. And you know, now they're kind of inter placing each other. There's All Stars on the franchise, Franchise on the All Stars. So it's a good little brother sister show, I think.
Speaker 9: And I need you guys to slow down though, because there's an elevent in the room. I haven't watched this season of All Stars, like The Rivals.
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 9: I just finished Battle the Eras and dissected that whole thing and just was like, man, that was amazing.
Speaker 1: And it's like the next week All Stars Rivals, and I'm like, guys, I need a break.
Speaker 9: I need to decompress, go through like who I thought played the best game? What the show was? Like, how are you guys doing them so fast? Can we slow down a little bit?
Speaker 5: You're not wrong?
Speaker 8: Well, they pumped.
Speaker 13: They actually they got him back to back in the same country. They used a lot of the same crew, they used a lot of the same equipment.
Speaker 5: Things like that.
Speaker 8: That was more of the time a coin.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and they use it, to be honest with you, a lot of the same cast members got back on a flight whent right, you know your Devn's, your John A's had just done forty. They went and filmed All Stars Leroy before forty even aired. So literally they went they got done, I believe in May with forty and they had All Stars in the can by the end of July, all done back to back.
Speaker 9: So when you get eliminated, do they fly you home or do you have to go to a hotel like on Survivor because people can't know.
Speaker 5: Eliminated, where'd they send you?
Speaker 8: So I'll also be for Poulli and I we we went together.
Speaker 1: I mean, I didn't want to ruin it, so like you know, so.
Speaker 12: When we got eliminated Vietnam, which was literally like four o'clock in the morning, remember that.
Speaker 5: You're not going to believe.
Speaker 12: So we went to what we thought was going to be this amazing hotel. We went to a back alley hostel and I remember going into the lobby and between the desk and the lobby was a huge mountain dirt bike. So there's a motorcycle like in the between, and no one was there, and it took forever to get our rooms. I remember I finally got my room and I opened my room. I just want to relax by myself because I hadn't had a loone time if forever. And I walk in and there's a Vietnamese couple in the bed and they're like it's good to me, and I'm like, oh man. So then I blew my top. I was like, if I don't get an f in room in the next five minutes. So anyway, it just it wasn't as glamorous as I thought it was going to.
Speaker 4: Be because what they do to us is when we first come in and you know, it's all the glam of like everybody, Oh my god, you're on together. They put us in this five star hotel, we're all just like getting treated like royalty. Everybody's kind of hanging out. You get access to the gym, you get food whenever you want, you get whatever you want, you get limited and they're just like fuck.
Speaker 5: Off, and like we're in this back back like this hostel. The power was going out all day.
Speaker 4: And now, mind you, in Vietnam prime like summer one hundred degrees, one hundred plus humidity, the power goes off. Your room is an instant sweatbox and then all of a sudden it comes back on and you're right in.
Speaker 5: An ice box.
Speaker 4: You walk out into the hallway immediately hit by there nobody downstairs spoke English, so you're trying to ask them where the best food places.
Speaker 5: Are and they're just like staring at you.
Speaker 13: I mean you were hope you were just Mark never loses his mind, So for Mark to blow is top.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: You just I guess when you're in a foreign country like that and there's a language barrier and stuff, you're expecting to have someone down there just at you know, on post at all times.
Speaker 8: It's we didn't get that. So I remember a lot of us were like, well when do you think we're leaving? Like who's gonna tell us or come to our door? But it all worked out.
Speaker 12: But yeah, when you arrived to the to the show, it's a lot more glamorous, I think than when you leave.
Speaker 13: And you guys did so much complain that when they did bring in these guys for All Stars five, they had worked out some of those kinks.
Speaker 5: The conditions were a little.
Speaker 12: Better their their house, their house, their house, and conditions on All Stars five was head and shoulders above Season forty because if you look at Season forty.
Speaker 8: It looks amazing, right.
Speaker 9: Looks amazing, but but what it is well was a little funny. Listen, I didn't really understand that part. I totally agree with you down to cook and that was all weird.
Speaker 12: Let me let me speak on that. It looks amazing, right, walk in, It looks amazing, but it's it's just a shell of a house, right, so everything they brought in wasn't so like we actually were using the bathroom outside and porta potties and showering outside because it wasn't really a functional house.
Speaker 8: It looks great on a.
Speaker 5: Movie, it's like a castle, but they didn't have showers and castles.
Speaker 12: So if you notice the kitchen, right, the kitchen with the thing like THEO couldn't even I mean, I'm bending down to try to do stuff.
Speaker 8: So it was it looks amazing.
Speaker 12: It looks amazing, and I think you know, some of the fans were like, you guys were in this castle, but like it's.
Speaker 8: In not unless you've been there. You were there.
Speaker 4: It wasn't mind the house because I hate bunk beds. So the fact that we each had our individual beds and we had a back room for our closet that had locker rooms for our clothes, because like, the biggest pain in the ass is when you're in a house and everybody has their suitcases in the room that has bunk beds, you're vying for storage space. This house had the storage space had single beds, so people weren't climbing over you.
Speaker 5: You know. I didn't mind it.
Speaker 4: The showering in the bathrooms though, and the food definitely interesting, but once again, the kitchen was made for somebody my size, so I didn't mind it.
Speaker 5: And luckily for you, you weren't there very long. I was there very long at all.
Speaker 4: I think I spent more time in the hostile hotel, you know, recovering from my concussions than I did in the house, which was another interesting, uh interesting thing to have to witness.
Speaker 9: So how long are you there before you start shooting like you fly in? Do you start doing like physicals?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 12: We were there, We were there for for for forty We were there good week and a half.
Speaker 10: Yeah, week and a half because we were waiting for other cast members to show up.
Speaker 5: That's extenuating circumstance.
Speaker 4: So a game, a game was being played for a week and a half with cameras not on.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 5: They don't they don't like it that that way.
Speaker 13: There was one cast member that they really wanted who could only start a little later than everyone else.
Speaker 5: And that's what also I.
Speaker 1: Think, wa wait, wait do you want to name names?
Speaker 13: Well, they show it on the show. He comes at Jordan comes in a little bit later. They all do like this welcome party, and then all of a sudden, Jordan kind of shows up at the house and there's just just crazy tracking shot of like behind him with the cowboy hats and you see it's kind of badass and whatnot. And they make it like it's this big, glamorous entrance and finding good. But for that to have happened, you guys.
Speaker 4: Are waiting for ten days for and anyone on to win after coming in late, and this, you know crazy.
Speaker 12: The craziest thing was I remember waking up and someone saying Jordan's here. I'm like, no way, and like, yeah, he's here, I'm like where is he? Like you're just hanging out down like it wasn't he They made it seem like this huge thing on TV.
Speaker 5: But they just the time while we were sleeping.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it like this shows up and I'm like, oh, he is here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they did do a whole thing where he showed up at the Errors Invitational, was talking shit to everybody. Yeah, and everybody's sitting there like he's the first one going in.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Never touches in elimination off season. You guys dropped the ball there.
Speaker 9: So that's where they Okay, so they had people flying in what was the one before, uh, Battle the Eras?
Speaker 1: Was it a Battle for a new Champion?
Speaker 5: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So is that filming the same spot too?
Speaker 9: Because I felt like everybody that came in and battled was on Battle the Eras, Like I felt like it was a precursor.
Speaker 5: Like a tease, like everytia. Wasn't it Battle for a new Champion?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Croat? Yeah yeah, because they flew into Italy or something like that, right, and.
Speaker 12: They always pick international spot just for insurance, and it's a lot way cheaper.
Speaker 9: Now, are there any like stuff we don't see on camera when you guys go out to these bars and you have the bar to yourself, awkward as crap, Like I mean, because you're already with the same people you're in the house with. I like it back in the day when you'd go to the club and there was random people at the then they're like, who are the hell of these people? That was my time, yes exactly, But now they make it where you have the bar to yourself. Is there any shadiness like where you're like, WHOA, I don't think we should be like in these countries.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 10: They I think that they protect us pretty well, like we're always surrounded by security, almost to the point like it's like if you didn't want people to notice that we were there, well with them, you're going to notice that we're there. Like it's almost like a production just going into a place, like they stop, they like like basically make a human wall. They like shush everybody in and then close the door, like they they're very like we're definitely little ducklings, I would say.
Speaker 1: And then like filming wise, this is behind the curtain. I want to know a little bit.
Speaker 9: When you're like walking out to the challenge or walking back into the house, do they make you refilm that ten times?
Speaker 8: Yeah, one hundred percent. Oh exactly.
Speaker 1: You needed these two shots and I don't drone shot.
Speaker 5: I don't understand why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and I don't know.
Speaker 5: What to use them.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm talking about. Some pies they have us brings.
Speaker 14: They're like, get us to bring eighty stuff or like gold for the gold party, and we have what we think is the best time, probably one of the best events, and then you don't even see it on like the episode, you realize just how little time there is for them to get in every single bit of storyline.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 4: I don't know how it was back in the day when you were mingling with the locals, but like, was there any trouble that happened?
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, because CT did exist.
Speaker 12: I mean back in a I remember in Jamaica with Shady, Trinidad Tobago with Shady because we didn't clear the bars. We just kind of went in as ourselves, and there was there was people getting in arguments or fights. I think one of the times a girl kissed a random local at the bar. But it was it wasn't as safe back then, for sure, one hundred percent. Now now it's like we know when we're going out and we know what it's gonna be, and a lot of times we're like, let's just all drink here.
Speaker 9: It's like it's like what, I mean, why are we going Because they had to change.
Speaker 8: Yes, a million percent.
Speaker 12: So we're we're all tired. We're like we just have bars at the at the I mean beers at the bar here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you get to the bar too, it's like three hours later, no one wants.
Speaker 7: To go out.
Speaker 10: It's because by the time they actually do all the exiting and entrance shots, and then you go out to the bars, it's probably is.
Speaker 5: Their music playing or they have to keep it no music. And then there's sometimes like people.
Speaker 14: Who aren't allowed certain drinks. So you'll go into a bar and it's like all right, no brown liquor. Yeah, and like and then and then certain people will leave and then like you're coming to the same more the next week. It's like can we you guys can drink whatever you want, all right.
Speaker 4: There's some people are just seeing like when Tony leaves.
Speaker 13: So many house, everybody's like, all right, guys, you could drink whatever you want.
Speaker 12: Now they actually it's funny because back in the day they would just you could have.
Speaker 8: It was like you have whatever you want. But now they like they'll dye the vodka bottles so blue national.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so like they were I remember people pouring vodka bottles and water bottles back then, but now like they'll dye the vodka blues so you can see what they're actually drinking. It's just it was the wild West back and I remember on our days off in Trinidad and Tobago. On my day off, Robin and I left the set, went and rented a hotel away from everyone for two.
Speaker 8: Days and then show back up. So like it was like that.
Speaker 5: So Mark has kids in Trinidad, got.
Speaker 8: Little ones running around in Trinidad.
Speaker 1: Wait, so, Adam, you kind of answered my question. I thought.
Speaker 9: When I watched the parties, the theme parties, I thought, Okay, they either had to tell you beforehand or they tell you, okay, in two days, we're going to have this party.
Speaker 1: What do you want? And they go to the store and buy it for you.
Speaker 14: They'll put together little liquor list, but like a lot of the stuff, sometimes they won't even tell you. Be like I mean, some like Derek will decide that we're just going to have a palm tree party right to like, or toga party. Yeah, toga party from the from Mexico, from Hurricane Juliet. That was that was where that whole thing started.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And they they'll they'll give you a heads up, like hey, guys, bring some seventies gear and you know what it's for.
Speaker 8: But I mean a lot of.
Speaker 12: The times, like like Adam was saying, it's like, you know, you just show up and people like, hey, tonight, we're gonna do a you know, a bikini thing or this, or bring you your swim trunks.
Speaker 9: How hard is it to stay enthused the whole day when you're at these challenges because on TV it looks like it takes an hour thirty minutes, and you're obviously there for eight hours because it's sunlight and it is dark.
Speaker 1: So like, how do you guys?
Speaker 4: I wanted to ask Mark and Adam this back in the day, how early would they be able to finish the challenges and wrap them?
Speaker 5: Because I remember on my first three seasons we were.
Speaker 4: Done by like three or four pm, which gave you time to get back to the house, chill, relax, do deliberations.
Speaker 5: Then go out.
Speaker 4: And then in this newer time period, you're like on set from eight am until like ten pm. You get home at midnight and they're like, all right, guys, have enough energy to change, shower and go the fuck out to the bar. Like one two pm, and I'm like, is there a way to finish these faster during the day?
Speaker 5: Do we need every single shot? Like?
Speaker 13: Are you getting all of our bulges with every shot here?
Speaker 12: Like I will say the more recent challenges takes because there's so much more technolog alge takes so much longer to film. Like you said, We're up sometimes on a bus for two hours, do.
Speaker 8: The thing, do all the stuff?
Speaker 12: Come back, it's it's past dinner, and then they want you to shower and go out real quick. But I remember one of the greatest things was Battle the Sexes too. We were in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We the boys had a house and the girls had a house on the on the set. We didn't really leave the set the set at all to do challenges because they were so kind of basic. So like we would just be like, walk out to our challenge, we would do it. It would be two hours later we back in our house. It some was still out. We could bullshit around, so it was it was definitely less technical back in there. I mean we did eventually go to like the big heights stuff and the big car crashes, but back then it was like, Okay, guys, you're gonna walk through this maze of snakes and pick up these coins. So that was like you don't really need to go anywhere for that.
Speaker 1: Are the challenges better now or were they better back then?
Speaker 8: Because like they're more fun back then, they're better now?
Speaker 9: Okay, because like on Battle or the Eras, when they're doing the car off the cliff and TJ is selling it like it is the coolest challenge ever. As a viewer, it was stupid. It was so stupid because they literally didn't do anything. The bungee cord pulls them out and the car goes over the cliff and then you just drop in the water. It was nothing, and they added like it was and I'm like, can we just get back to the almost.
Speaker 8: Almost and.
Speaker 14: When you're doing it, you're doing it for the win and the wind is awesome, right yes? That so so not hard at all to get yourself amped up, not not even a little bit hard to get yourself amped up. But like you kind of look into somebody who's like, what's your favorite challenge, and I'm like, uh, eliminations were actually my favorite, my favorite part, Like that some of the challenges you do are like I don't know. In the old days, we had dog remember dog fighting and tell you're right and nice skydive, I mean there's pictures of people jumping out of fucking airplanes with parachutes single parachuting, laying on their own and they've.
Speaker 5: Never taken a para shooting class. You like, find me what insurance company? Who will insure it? Like there was sky divemember with zero joke.
Speaker 12: There was a challenge back in the day where they had these these single engine planes and you you were you were tethered, but you still dangerous.
Speaker 8: You had to get out of your.
Speaker 12: Seat, climb on top of the plane, hook yourself in to this thing, and then the plane would do a three sixty with you standing on it.
Speaker 8: Like in terms of like insanity, like who checks that? You know what I mean? Like, wait, you're talking about crazy shit.
Speaker 13: They kind of want to have their cake and eat it too, since everything's so much safer now, they want to have like the explosions or the thing falling off a cliff. But they know that they can't do anything half as unsafe as they used to do it. So what they do is they'll have like an explosion go off, but it'll have nothing to do with what they actually did. Like they solve a puzzle and then there's an explosion or a cargoes off a cliff and then they have to.
Speaker 5: Do and you're like, specifically told Bessie did jumping through?
Speaker 1: Is that on fire?
Speaker 5: I wanted to do that too.
Speaker 14: I was like, can I every second count? Right?
Speaker 5: DJ?
Speaker 8: Could we jump through?
Speaker 14: When He's like, absolutely not, that was the most fasty thing to do right through.
Speaker 5: Well, it was a shock that he was the one that did that.
Speaker 9: No, So, Paulie, when you come from Big Brother, Yeah, like, is it hard to acclimate? Is it like everybody automatically like, oh, you're a big Brother, you don't know how to do this crap? Like you're you're you're an outsider? How does that work? And how does it in your guys' eyes when you have Big Brother, Survivor.
Speaker 1: You got Michelle, you got all them? Is it like? Man, you guys are just posers?
Speaker 8: I think, And then I'll let paul you get finish this.
Speaker 12: But I think in terms of Big Brother and Survivor coming in, I think they're actually equal or better strategic players than the Challenge players because the Challenge players are more I think just back in the day at least we're very physical and party did it. But their show is like Big Brother, you have to be very strategic, and same with Survivor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think when I came on, I adapted to the MTV style of playing because I just personally liked it better because in Big Brother and Survivor you kind of have to be nice and you almost have to like play a strategic game because it's a voting thing, whereas like in the Challenge you could kind of sit there and be like, well, I'll do whatever I want because you got to throw me in to go home.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't too hard to adapt.
Speaker 4: I mean, especially when you're watching people like Johnny and CT and West for years, you're like, all right, they're doing the exact same thing that they've always done. There's not really much changing from their strategy. I do think that Challengers are a little bit better in terms of exchanging social currency because they understand that this is a game where you do come back, whereas like Big Brother players and Survivor players will go.
Speaker 5: In and kind of do it.
Speaker 13: I would like to think that when I was on in the beginning, we didn't play like Big Brother Survivor players, but I feel like the Big Brother and Survivor players that have come in after definitely have changed the game to be a little bit more snaky, playing in the shadows, you know, saying you're working with somebody but then also working with their to me and trying to keep yourself in that like on the fence position.
Speaker 5: And I don't really like that.
Speaker 4: The only reason why I even stand up for my CBS people now is because I feel like they're pussies and they just get shipped on online and they're just like, we're not going to tweet back, and they get shipped on in the house and we're.
Speaker 5: Not going to argue back.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I hate that you guys are so soft and you don't have a backbone and stand up for yourselves. So I guess I'll be the asshole that is always, you know, doing dumb shit and like getting into trouble on social media and everything.
Speaker 13: But like you, I only do that because I only do that because they're literally getting shipped on and not doing anything.
Speaker 1: Like they wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I fucking paved the way for his shoulder.
Speaker 1: This is what I was gonna say.
Speaker 9: Most rookies come in and play like little bitches. Paulie, you came in like you were going to set the house on fire, Like you came.
Speaker 1: In like look, mother, I'm here.
Speaker 9: And you acted like a vet, like you had big balls, where most rookies are.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I'm a rookie.
Speaker 9: I guess I'm to go in, you know what I mean, Like that's they won't vote for a veteran. You, on the other hand, like why why why rookies like that?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean I think that hit listen that dives into like what my childhood was like, and what my it was like Italian, you know, all these things. But I also think I came in a little bit later. My frontal lobe was a little developed, so when these guys tried to use their usual tactics of gas lighting and narcissism, I was like, you guys are fucking dumb, and I think I can outsmart you guys for the most part.
Speaker 5: And I think that's what it was like. I remember walking into a.
Speaker 4: Room and them kind of be like, you know, I think it was you that said this, Polly, and I was like, all right, here's what we're not gonna do is lie. But if you guys want to throw me in, just say you want to throw me in, but don't do this whole fucking bullshit of like, oh you would do Like, no, I didn't say that. You guys need a reason to throw somebody in. You're fucking pussy and that is what it is, you know what I mean? And and also like I feel like rookies, they they bend the knee. So it's like I was pissed that I got ganged up on. I'd go to this stupid ass redemption house and you know, I have the opportunity to send people's girlfriends home, and I fucking did. And they were like why did you do that? That was kind of like a stupid move, And I was like is it stupid? I was like, you pissed me off? I said, so why wouldn't I send your girlfriend's home and tell you that they were banging people in the Redemption house to fuck with your head?
Speaker 5: Like what am I gonna do? You sent me into the Redemption house.
Speaker 13: I'm supposed to come back and be like, yes, mister Vett, let me get on my knees and suck your dick. No, thank you, like not happening. Sorry, Rachel, We'll be right back there. So let's compare the Big Brother House to a Challenge house. Yeah, like I watched I just started.
Speaker 9: Watching Big Brother during COVID because I never watched it, and I am like, that has to be of those most boring house in the world because you really have nothing to do, at least on the challenge.
Speaker 1: On real World you can go swim in the pool, Like is it just like night and day?
Speaker 4: The Challenge has is so much better. The challenge experience is so much better. I say this all the time. Big Brother House isn't a house, it's a studio live and the backyard is shut off for four days out of the week, so you're getting deprived sunlight. You don't have windows, it's mirrors with cameras behind them.
Speaker 5: It's a very small house.
Speaker 4: Like the house is like a little bit bigger than like maybe just this section. And then you have like that, you have sixteen people, two bathrooms. It's disgusting. There's aunt infestations. You have people over the loudspeakers constantly like playing these mental games with you, like Scott, please stop singing, Scott, please don't do movie quotes, and like they're doing it say like mentally make you break, So I hate it. The Challenge House is like night and day different, Like I'm on vacation when I'm in the Challenge House.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you said vacation, they said work.
Speaker 9: So yeah, how much enjoyment, Like is it a little bit like there's times in the house where you're just relaxing and you're not doing game or is it always you're stressed about the game.
Speaker 12: What I found interesting, especially on forty because listen, I came from the very very beginning, and it was.
Speaker 1: And it used to be just party party.
Speaker 12: It was it was party party, no, but it was dud. There was no they didn't have a gym for us. Back then, there was no gym. They had endless booze, but no gym. But back then it was like party, party, party. Oh, we have a challenge to do in six hours. Okay, let's maybe go to bed now. Like now, what I noticed in forty, especially Era three and Era four, was I would walk over to their area during the day and they'd be like doing puzzles and studying and all this almost like doing homework, right, and all.
Speaker 5: Stars were in there.
Speaker 14: Nowadays, and I'm like we referud to like all these new people of the new era, and definitely everybody comes a new era, like yeah, but they're like or.
Speaker 5: Maybe she's not.
Speaker 14: She's read on the cuspy because she already shared at least ten weeks of her life on real world, and which.
Speaker 5: I know somebody that deep.
Speaker 14: It's tough for them to go on a game when you haven't already like divulged your like utmost vulnerabilities to the entire fucking world and they already know you're like how many brothers, sisters where I grew up all that type of stuff. It's so much easier for them to like, youse shit against me and like, and I don't even realize that they're playing a game and constantly doing I mean, I'm gonna start changing things up now because you know, coming out of the nursing home.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 5: But they don't.
Speaker 14: They don't let us out multiple times in a row unless we come back, like you know, with a gun story.
Speaker 12: I did notice that some of those younger players are very into studying during like when you're not shooting, Whereas back in the day it was it was either challenge or what are we doing to have a good time. There was never like let's do Sudoku or let's do this puzzle games back like I Thinkland Thyland, Kyland, especially Kyland had a book and was doing stuff every minute of the day, and like, I'm he's super smart guy and he's very strategic. But I'm like, dude, are you having fun?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, he I'm like you got it too nice to them, though, like you just let them study and stuff. Like if you walked in and was like nerd, like quit your study and you lose her and like start a round them.
Speaker 10: I say, like the last like what for years fires people started like really amping up on like the puzzles yeah.
Speaker 12: Like three yeah, and the trivia and like you know what I hate. I told them in the car. I told I told them in the car. If I watch the challenge now, it's like eighty percent puzzles, and I'm like, what the fuck. I'm like, let's go back to where it was just fun, goofy stuff. It doesn't have to be all like a marathon and all that.
Speaker 16: Let's do the rubbing of this, right, but like this it's like it's like come on, you guys, somebody yeah, because let's go yeah, but now it's like you have five pentagons in front of you.
Speaker 5: This is all.
Speaker 8: It's like, it's like enough.
Speaker 12: It's like, especially as a viewer, like why am I going to watch them do a puzzle when they could be in speedos fucking melting ice with their bodies.
Speaker 4: You know, we're just switching up every now and then everything has a puzzle comput but it's always.
Speaker 12: A puzzle now, And I'm like, Jesus enough with the thought, Okay, what about the eating?
Speaker 1: Is the eating stupid?
Speaker 12: I don't mind the eating because I don't mind it, but like they don't do that all with like that is that's used sporadically at a perfect time, and I think in the games usually finals and whatnot. But like it's not like it's every challenge is an eating challenge, but the puzzle thing, man, holy shit.
Speaker 14: And the eating challenge at least like on our season, not the one that just like the normal one wasn't that crazy, Like sometimes it's fun. It could be a little bit of an equalizer when it is like really crazy.
Speaker 13: Now they're super sensitive to dietary restrictions, which is like counterintuitive to the whole thing. Like they'll be like all right, So you guys are gonna have to eat these fishballs.
Speaker 5: There's this tofu with Maya. You can eat this shoelace.
Speaker 1: Haha, we got you.
Speaker 5: We dipped it in mud first.
Speaker 13: And.
Speaker 5: They thought they had me. They were like, this is a vegan shiit. I was like, yeah, but is it keto?
Speaker 13: Oh glad we got a joke. But I love how like the point of these is to torture. But then they're like, but we're gonna do it, like, you know, in an inclusive way.
Speaker 8: We're gonna tour tore you get the peanut butter.
Speaker 5: I'd never make you eat nuts.
Speaker 4: Come on, you know, Like I just don't get it because everybody, I remember, everybody made fun of Final Reckoning so badly for just how soft it had gotten. And then Booth literally murdered us for War the World's one and War the World two, and then it kind of went back to wait, don't don't kill him that much. Let's let's give people options. You know, when they cast Jose knowing he couldn't swim, and he jumped in a pool without a life checker, not like an idiot, and almost sunk to the bottom and drowned, like can we.
Speaker 5: Go back to like not caring about our health, like just a little bit.
Speaker 9: Like the Battle of the Eras the final, it was it the stupidest, most unfair final in the history of the Challenge.
Speaker 13: Well, I hear Shortan beforehand. No, pretty equal. Jordan's the best swimmer.
Speaker 1: I get that, but.
Speaker 12: Again, you have to you know, the problem is too is and Paulie, We've had this conversation before, is a lot of the top tier executives don't come from a competitive, like a real physical competitive background, So when you see stuff like that, you're you're just like, man, this just doesn't make sense, Like this is this is not evening the playing field by by any means. If anything, it's skewing it the furthest So I don't know. I love some of the challenges that they do. I think they're great, but some of them I scratched my head and I'm like, why why this? You know, even the elimination he just did where they're like they saved, like it's the biggler. It's the biggest elimination, right, it's the biggest one who goes to the final and your toughest teams.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the elimination was just so like subpar.
Speaker 12: It was like a guessing chance game, and like everyone was like, man, I would rather than like balance this and then pull this or this this and then do it like but it was just that to have that as the last one seemed a little out of play.
Speaker 13: You haven't watched it, but for instance, like this season of All Stars, and I think even the last one, there's there's no haul brawl, there's no poll wrestle, there's no balls in a lot of the quintessential challenge eliminations that are pretty low fine and easy to set up. And I would argue even at like you know, like you guys on All Stars were doing you and Littari and things like that, so you can't even really say that, like you know, when you're getting up there in age it's less safe. But for whatever reason, they've kind of stripped All Stars of those completely and replaced it with you were literally guessing whether Nanni had something in a box that was the elimination.
Speaker 14: It was really it was really scary to go into those eliminations and know that it's a coin flip, right, yeah, because initially I want to I want like Steve and I kind of had something to prove as soon as your guys, as soon as they were like, oh it, all male teams have such an advantage. I was like, fuck, let's just take everybody out. Everyone they're gonna do this to us. Let's just destroy every single person. And Steve's like, look at these man, He's like another team goes into that first one like Beth and John A could have beat us, like they're one is crazy one one little thing. And so you wonder, You're like, are they planning these do they how much time do they have before the day? Could they change it up? Like so basically that call your bluff and then the chopstick carry was that set up or did they do that for Turbo and not against Steve?
Speaker 5: And I like to I want to.
Speaker 4: Know you want to be crazy And I don't know if the Godfather can do this. I mean, he can almost walk on water at this point with what he with All Stars. But do I feel like I feel like there were almost at a time where there could be a panel of the more sage veteran people to be able to work hand in hand with Buna, Murray and MTV in order to almost make it the ultimate show, right, because you guys have done enough where you guys could have those conversations with the higher up executives and be like, hey, we're gonna have a Mark long. He's not competing on this season, but he's going to be in that back room with the TVs and he's going to be listening in on the conversations and he's going to be doing these things right, Like, is there a transition for these people who have been there for so long, put so much blood, sweat and tears in where yeah, they could go and compete on an All Stars or a flagship, or they could be behind the scenes and they're the executives. I know it's a no no because it's like once you're behind the scenes, you can't go in because then you know too much and then you know this and that. But is there not room for a panel where maybe if they're not on the shows behind the scenes, they could at least meet once a quarter with Bun and Mary and MTV and be like, here's what we're thinking, guys, and this is what we think could make the show better. And they almost act like a board of executives for the challenge.
Speaker 13: That's literally how every other industry sport, like players become coaches and executives and general managers. Actors become directors and producers. The only industry that doesn't work that way is reality TV, because then it would somehow let the cat out of the bag.
Speaker 5: That it's really not that hard to do this.
Speaker 1: Stuff, and they have to pretend.
Speaker 13: They have to pretend that, like, oh, no, you guys are good at being on the show. But like the years of experience I had getting coffee that then too, coming up with what people were going to wear in an interview chair, and then who should swing from what vine? And oh what kind of car are we going to throw off that mountain? That's too much for you, Mark, I don't think you'd be good at helping with that.
Speaker 4: Well, some of those are like what Mark said, Like Mark, and a lot of people come from physical backgrounds, whether you played sports or not.
Speaker 5: Do we really want the theater kids.
Speaker 4: Being like, yeah, you know, I think this is safe if they jump from that to that because they thought it up and wrote it down in like their diary in high school.
Speaker 12: One of the things that I noticed is, for instance, like the elimination.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you've seen this.
Speaker 12: But when Derek and Hirasia were doing the pegs, yes, and they stopped them before the thing and they said to Derek and Rosso, guys, the pegs are gonna fall out. Just ignore that and keep going once you have it in, if it falls it It's like but to me, it's like, why is it even an option that the pegs are fucking gonna fall out? If that's gonna be in the pre production it no drill a hole so they stick through like some just small stuff like that.
Speaker 8: I'm like, why leave it to that?
Speaker 12: Now the audience sees this, it's a big fucking huge deal online that did Hirasso get screwed? Tod Derek cheat did this? It's like simple is that. It's like those kind of like eliminations or those kind of choices that they make in terms of production, to me is so simple to fix. And what Pauli was saying, I would love to craft some of these eliminations or some of these challenges, but there's such a hard line between cast and production. It's almost impossible because, like Scott said, they don't want to cross that line because they like to have one hundred percent of the power, and I think one hundred percent of the reward for it for doing the show. So it is what it is. I mean, I'm lucky I got all stars off the ground. To be honest, they would rather.
Speaker 13: And I'm not even talking about present company included, they would rather just send someone a check and be like thanks for the idea. We'd rather you do absolutely nothing than be like, hey, come out here and like just approve everything, make sure everything's good. I'm just not how about you try the elimination. Let's see what a two hundred and thirty pound challenger who's doing this instead of no, we'll have like an intern try it. And then when Corey does it, well, he is a lot faster than Josh. We probably should have had someone else do that.
Speaker 5: Or like they're like, we we test all of these daily.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, you test it for fun, as if you're at like a birthday party.
Speaker 5: We're doing it full speed, competing for money.
Speaker 4: Two different It's like it's difference between touch football and tackle football in the NFL, almost like it's that night and day. And it's also just so crazy to me that, like I think they just don't want to see the gaps of inefficiencies because I know that the talent coordinators don't talk to the lighting coordinators, who don't talk to the sound coordinators. And you would think that everybody would be on the same page to be like, all right, guys, so is sound and lighting ready?
Speaker 5: Are the cameras ready? Okay? Great? Now we could bring the cast in to get this going right away.
Speaker 4: But what happens is the talent coordinator gets told we need the cast there at six am, and fucking lighting and sounding and video haven't even coordinated yet whether.
Speaker 5: They're fucking set up.
Speaker 1: So it's like standing.
Speaker 4: So then we're standing around for four hours whe our dicks in our hands or you know, tits in our hands. And and I don't think they want us to see that, because I mean, Mark's a smart guy, Adam smart guy, Avery smart girl, Scott smart guy. I'm not that smart Davis over here keeping a chill like it wouldn't be too hard to be like, all right, guys, what if we had one line of communication for everybody to only communicate how far away you are from being ready to roll?
Speaker 12: We've never we've never and you guys know this, you'd never roll no challenge without waiting at least an hour and a half two hours.
Speaker 5: Really, ever, don't you guys hurry up and wait? Making you hurry up and wait?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 13: Never, the best is the best, is right were we We got in this room and we were recording with he remembers.
Speaker 11: Radio is almost live all the time. Yeah, it's different live versus like I lived in Hollywood and work for Doctor Phil for a while and that was like a hurry up and wait scenario and like the same kind of thing where it's like you wait for someone's coffee to come. They're not starting to think at their coffee and so instead waiting on a guest coming from Mancho Cucamonga. There take it forever there's traffic on the five. It's this like whole day shoot for a forty five minute production, which is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: With here, it's like.
Speaker 11: Bloom boom bom boom bom boom boom boom boom, Like holy shit, how much do we do today? It just goes so much faster and radio versus television.
Speaker 4: But it's also like they come from HIM to be like I came from CBS where every day you knew when the when the Huahe competition was, when the Veto competition was and exactly what part of the day it was happening and when it was going to end, and it was ran so efficiently.
Speaker 13: It's like the curtain opens up, you're lined about the door, you go out, big energy, you do the competition, you come back in, you wait, and it was just and everything was just boom boom boom boom boom. Now, granted they're honest, but you're also shooting live to tape. Some of it's airing actually live. Other episodes are being cut and aired three days later. So you be you can't be that. You can't be you can't be inefficient.
Speaker 4: We have the live feeds going NonStop and we have three episodes a week being edited in real time based off of what is being seen and shown.
Speaker 14: We could create some live feeds and we had a road rules that we almost did live. And then I feel like there's a lot of people that want to watch more stuff afterwards, like why don't like make the show for like make the show right, Yeah, but then why not show the entire U Have you.
Speaker 13: Ever followed the Big Brother Twitter their rabbit like they will be like they'll be like, did you see when she walked out of the room? The way he kind of looked at her. That was a microaggression. He's racist. Let's get him found in real estate relationship, not even to get off the ground. And we've been like, do you see the way Adam stares at Avery ass like he's totally a predator dude.
Speaker 9: No, No, like seriously, like there's a big brother guy. I don't even know who the guy is. I like, my wife got me watching my brother. Like I said during COVID that live tweets the whole day and I'm like, does he have people that work for him or does he stay up the entire time and do it?
Speaker 1: Like how do the people do it? Right?
Speaker 12: Our c article whatever it's called, Yeah, whatever, they are there. You know what you know it was you know when I knew we were in for it on season forty, this was like the best is the first challenge?
Speaker 8: Very no, the very.
Speaker 12: First morning when we woke up in the castle, we went down and there was granted, there's forty cast members, a lot of people. So instead of having like three instant coffee machines, right because everyone wants coffee when they wake up, they had a one espresso machine and you had to grind your own beans to fucking do your coffee. And I'm like, if you want us ready in thirty minutes, you're thinking forty people are gonna grind their own beans. Like you're instantly setting people in the worst pissed off mood ever. And I remember blowing a gas and I'm like, I'm like, how simple is again?
Speaker 8: What puzzin?
Speaker 12: They should have a cast member walk through that house a week before and be like, this isn't gonna work.
Speaker 8: We need more of this? Could you guys do that?
Speaker 12: The girls aren't gonna change with the wide open areas, which they had to fix in two days because it was girls were changing wide open in front of everyone. So like just basic stuff like that that you would think would be such an easy fix. Like the very first morning, we didn't even have eggs or any American breakfa It was all Vietnamese stuff.
Speaker 8: Everyone laughed. We're like, this is fucking bullshitting, like frog.
Speaker 9: Lea yeah, And that explains why Tony wanted.
Speaker 8: To leave Tina. Tina the first night.
Speaker 12: Tina the first night was like I'm not staying here. She's like, I am not saying get me, get me. The most top producer on the phone I'm like, I'm not staying here, and he talked her back down off the ledge. But like it was not that we're being Prima Donna's. It's just like, dude, we are talent, right right. We just want to fucking be normal. Like give us a coffee machine, give us some fucking American breakfast.
Speaker 8: You know. It's like it's very simple stuff.
Speaker 12: And I and look, if if the show was they're roughing it and we're gonna get yeah, like that's different.
Speaker 8: But when you go into this.
Speaker 5: One coffee baker.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 12: But when you go into this season forty where it's supposed to be this huge thing and like some of the things that like ten years ago were better, You're just like, man, this is this is what do they save the budget on.
Speaker 14: I know you I said it was work, but I felt like I was at a like a wellness resort. I mean All Stars is a completely different thing. So I've got to I mean we had like, but.
Speaker 5: Who has a major hand in All Stars?
Speaker 1: Well, but they also treat you better because you're older, right old?
Speaker 5: Is that yeah?
Speaker 1: Right? I think that's what it is.
Speaker 8: I mean they here's the deal.
Speaker 12: They have to be in a better house, they have to be taken care of because there's no i mean, the incentive for them to leave their families.
Speaker 8: You know, Adam has two girls.
Speaker 12: Like the incentive has to be more than just you know, I'm gonna be away for three months and hopefully I'll win a million dollars. Like, you know, some of the younger kids who don't have families yet, that's that's a like, hell, yeah, I'm doing that. But in terms of like jehan A's who have kids, you know, Adam, even Avery now being in a step mom figure. So it's like you have to make it nice. So some of these people that haven't done it in fifteen years are like, yeah, that sounds like a really good time.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go do that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's how you bring the joke back. That's how you get them involved exactly. So when Tony everybody thinks he wanted to leave, he was there with the paycheck. How what how Avery? You can speak on that, But how often does this happen for Tony?
Speaker 5: Pretty often.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of cast members that go and collect the check.
Speaker 1: I think on.
Speaker 5: They go there, it's vacation. They get it. But that's the thing. Gante that that could be regulated. But I don't understand crazy guarantees.
Speaker 10: They're like, you're guaranteed for eight weeks, like so two months. This person is guaranteed two months of money, where when I have to slave away in Okay.
Speaker 5: And that's my qualm.
Speaker 4: With people showing up out of shape who get giant guarantees, like the Veronicas and like the Anissas, it's like, you make so much money, you could fucking hire a personal trainer and a dietician in the months that you have off. You know, you're Anissa knows she's going back at least once a year. So does Veronica, you know what I mean. And it's like they get six figures.
Speaker 8: We're not.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about what people get, but they talk about it in terms of what it is.
Speaker 4: You can hire a personal trainer and put together a ten week program and get yourself in decent shape. Anissa looks great, now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen her, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: She looks for nomenal, She's put in a lot of work. She finally listened. But some other people it's like what are you doing? And then it's like you do have people that come back after a long time. Who look good like look at them, very good looking elderly men, Mark, very good looking out of the men, Avery, Avery, absolute smoke show.
Speaker 5: Right, that's what people want to see when people.
Speaker 8: Are Scott great leather jacket.
Speaker 13: But here's the thing, here's the thing you're about your your fitness program and everything like that.
Speaker 5: I love You're a season like.
Speaker 13: All Stars five, though I would I would play Devil's advocate and say that not necessarily the best use of your time and money. Not to say you shouldn't just be healthy regardless, but because that show was designed, as you mentioned, when it comes out to the eliminations, the dailies, the fact that coming in last didn't even penalize you at all. The people who just played a good social game and actually were less of physical threats on paper. When you look across the field, they don't look like they're going to kick your ass tomorrow. Those are the people that had the easier road to the end. Now we have our teams for the finals. I'm not saying that like some of them are a lot of them aren't in very good shape, but they didn't have to necessarily prove it to get there along the way other than Adam and Steve who had to win five eliminations.
Speaker 5: But you know, I digress, but I agree.
Speaker 9: I mean, you gotta be in some kind of shape because the first season of All Stars, the first episode when they almost drowned. I mean, I was like, we got to stop. This guy's like, I'm a huge challenge fan, but I was like getting nervous.
Speaker 13: About what they stopped was doing the tough challenges, not the like you know what I mean, they almost you know, that was so funny.
Speaker 8: I was there. It was just hilarious.
Speaker 12: But Arissa was that of Arissa like just oh my god, it was just fucking funny.
Speaker 13: No, it's great, but at the end of the day, it is the well I will say this, Yeah, you know, you know Myland is.
Speaker 4: Getting tons of views. You know, shows up, shows getting tons of views, hot people.
Speaker 12: On, you know, shows up out of shape and starts working out. The first day he gets there.
Speaker 7: Ctt yea.
Speaker 1: I will I will say that CT does not care.
Speaker 8: He gets there. Right when he gets there, it's like I'm going into boot camp. He likes.
Speaker 12: The smoking goes down, he starts working out, and You're like, oh, this is the guy's strategy. He just comes in out of shape, but then leaves like you know.
Speaker 8: Jacked up.
Speaker 9: No no, because so he went in he got beat I don't know what season was, he got beaten by j or someone or yes and the hanging thing too right, and he was like wow, dude, And he came back the next season he won it. He was still out of shape and he's like, you know what, what am I get in shape now? And he gets in shape and wins back to back and I'm like damn. But then when he shows up for battle to Arras, I'm like, CT, what.
Speaker 1: Have you been doing? Dude?
Speaker 5: Like what you are?
Speaker 1: Your your your fat CT. We don't need fat CT on TV. We need in shape. CT's like it's like, I'm like, dude, you go ahead.
Speaker 5: City doesn't die on the toy does remind me physically of it.
Speaker 13: There's been I've seen pictures of Elvis and the where I go. This guy does look like CT.
Speaker 8: CT is.
Speaker 12: Actually he's a very different animal because, believe it or not, at that weight, he's still just his agile, which is crazy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's still just he might get out of breath.
Speaker 5: Zion Williamson, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 12: He's he's just but you know, I saw some clips earlier him really young Cete, and he was like he was so like leading man, strapping, handsome, you know, in shape, thin, Like I'm like, man that that guy compared to this guy. Two totally different people in terms of body style. But do you see him on Traders?
Speaker 1: I didn't watch Traders.
Speaker 13: He shows up to that show with a bunch of you know, housewives and survivor greats and gods and this and that and and out smarts and out you know, well, yeah, you know, two years now, a statute of limitations. But so okay, but I will okay, we'll say, but I'll say he won the hearts of literally not just everyone on the show, but you had people who had never even heard of the challenge googling who is Christopher Tamborello.
Speaker 9: And because he's a swoozer, he's very good at he can he can adapt to whoever's around him, and which makes him phenomenal. Yeah, he can talk to the women, he can, you know what I mean, Like he can do everything.
Speaker 1: And when charming, yes, like.
Speaker 5: All the clips of him, Seriously, he's extremely charming.
Speaker 14: I've never met Johnny Banana, Like all the greats of our show. I came so far before them and wasn't involved like Mark, but I've never met any of them.
Speaker 13: Face Oh yeah, oh yeah, I remember he punched Adam in the face.
Speaker 1: I don't remember David he got picked. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 15: And then last night right on the show, Yeah, first night animals on the show when he punched Adam and I was thinking that he's doing this again.
Speaker 13: This is I believe got brought in as his replacement on the season where CT got Yeah, all of.
Speaker 12: A sudden, Davis has got a big shiner on his cheek. He was like, you just punched me.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay.
Speaker 9: Now when people come up to you in public, is it weird or people awkward?
Speaker 1: What do they yell at you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: How how does it work?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 12: They now they I was in the Orlando airport and they come up like this. They almost whispering, hey, I know. So they'll come up like it, not like really, they're just like, hey, I know you.
Speaker 8: From da da da da da? Uh?
Speaker 12: Can I do a picture real good? And of course I'm you know me, I'm just like yeah, let's do it. I'm very loud, but like I have people come up to me like they're like nervous to like make a scene about it, which is weird to me on mine, just like come on up.
Speaker 5: Because he markets it a lot because he's very big. He's large.
Speaker 13: He gets the people notice him without even knowing who he is, and they start to try to figure out who he is. He's an athlete who is an actor. I know him from somewhere. I can't place it.
Speaker 5: People someone thought you were on the shield or something.
Speaker 13: Once there's an actor he kind of looks like but like, you know, we traveled quite a bit together and we go to what arenas swat and and he couldn't be nicer to every single person.
Speaker 5: But it's so funny because it's.
Speaker 13: Everyone from for mark, especially from age six to literally I'm not kidding, like age eighty six. Well come up to him and they have something to say and they want a photo and it's great.
Speaker 12: So there's a guy through Alanso Airport, a TSA guy that to this day still thinks I'm on the CBS show Swat yea and he gives me the royal treatment when I got to the guy, yeah, he was on the shield.
Speaker 2: Name.
Speaker 8: The actor's name is Kenny Johnson.
Speaker 1: Ye that's funny.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I've met Kenny Johnson, and Kenny Johnson has gotten me before.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I at a golf tournament.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because like I didn't know if you have any geek out stories, because there was one time I was in Austin and that's where I grew up and I'm at a bar and I'm hammered, and my buddy Forrest is like, dude, bananas is here, and I'm like, there is no way bananas is at this bar.
Speaker 1: Did we just got knowing this charity event? Like you're drunk, We're drunk. He goes he was walking in the bathroom when I was walking out. I'm gonna go find him.
Speaker 9: We're doing shots with bananas, and I mean this bar is packed. And he comes back thirty minutes He's like, I found bananas. Let's go, let's go, And so we tried to take a tray of shots to bananas with him. It was him, and I mean, I am thitherre going Johnny freaking banan.
Speaker 1: He's just like, what is this idiot doing?
Speaker 9: And he took the shot with me and I think I scared him half to death. And I don't ever want to see Johnny Banas again. But I do want to see Johnny Banas again because it was just like, man, it was I was at my worst, but I was at my best at the same time, and it was amazing.
Speaker 1: So the fact that you've never met Bananas shocks me.
Speaker 14: What I mean, Bananas, I'm gonna make him do a lunchbox here, a lunchbox shop with me.
Speaker 13: No, but that what you did, I know you feel lame about having done. That's literally what every single person does. Literally at our shows. We will be on stage during a show and someone in the middle they will ask the waitress. They'll act like they're ordering for themselves to be like, yeah, can I have six shots whatever? And then when the waitress brings it to them, they go no, no, no, bring.
Speaker 5: It to them.
Speaker 13: And then like in the middle of our show, we get interrupted with this very nice offering of whatever. And then it's kind of like, well, you know, dribble and you got to be like, I guess this is what they do on TV. So we're you know, throwing shots back whatever. But that is literally what everyone wants to do with these people is drink. It's like Steph Curry.
Speaker 12: Everyone wants to dribble with If Johnny was drinking that night, he would have been way more approachable. I will say that I've been, I've been with that, like when he's sober, really nice.
Speaker 9: We didn't it wrong, Like it's nice. I just think I came on a little strong.
Speaker 12: Well, listen, we do a charity thing every year. You guys are coming obviously, right, Paully's gonna be back and be there. We'll bring Davis. Uh where is this in Orlando? But he's he's sober. It's in December, December fifth. I'm open to me if you and trust me, it's like one hundred and fifty reality stars. It's insane.
Speaker 1: That's mine.
Speaker 12: So but like he was like you know, he was sober most of the time, and like the fans stay at the same hotel, so there's a lot of interaction. And after that whole weekend he's like, man, I can't come back to this. He's like, I just He's like, I can't deal with this. So like he just he's on another level of not being not embracing it.
Speaker 8: I guess like we do. But again, like if he's boozed up and you want to do he's like, let's, you know, party party. He's all about it.
Speaker 12: But when he's like in that kind of wants to be by himself phase, he doesn't want to be bothered.
Speaker 5: The cool one is the celebrities. Suki Gap for these.
Speaker 9: Times, I was gonna wonder what celebrities a right, dude, I watch you on the Challenge Oh my god.
Speaker 8: So yeah.
Speaker 13: Yannis Antetokompo from the Bucks, huge Challenge fan. And this is years ago. I went when I found out he was a Challenge fan. I went down to when they were playing the Wizards. I brought him this like care package of our swag and I was explaining to him who I am, and he.
Speaker 5: Goes, you know Johnny Bananas, you know, And he's like that nots coim me. These guys was Johnny Bananas.
Speaker 13: And I'm like, I'm like, you just won the MVP and you care that I know Johnny Banz And I'm like, and also my business partner in cost Derek. He goes, yeah, but he hasn't been on the show in a long time. This is like before before All Stars and everything like that. We actually just got back from Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago and there was Challenge Mania night at the Pfizer for him, and we did a bunch of stuff on the court.
Speaker 5: Paul he was there too.
Speaker 13: We did red light, green light, throwing T shirts into the crowd and things like that.
Speaker 12: So, uh, my best story ever, which is fucking awesome. First of all, just side note, the Friends cast used to watch road Rules back in the day repeats in their makeup things. So like Matthew Perry, bless his heart, he was. I met him a bunch of times. He was a big fan. But that's the Playboy Mansions already. So I'm at the bar. I'm at the bar, and this is probably late nineties. And got to remember when my road Rules first came out, they hadn't picked up the second season.
Speaker 5: Eight years ago.
Speaker 12: Yeah it's black and white. No, so they they hadn't picked up the second season yet. So they played the entire first season and then they played the entire first season.
Speaker 8: It was on for like a year and a half and like eight times a week. So I was at the bar at the Playboy.
Speaker 12: Mansion and I was getting a drink and so I just hear this voice and.
Speaker 8: I hear in the background he goes road Rules, And.
Speaker 17: I turned around and guess who it was Emlio, Jack Nicholson, No, no, well, Jeff Goldbloom remember Jeff from Jurassic Car.
Speaker 8: Wow, he goes road rule, I can imagine what's up.
Speaker 12: That was like my weirdest kind of thing. Kobe Bryant was a huge MTV fan when we did it, we he came and did a challenge with us, him and Reggie Miller. He was Kobe was a huge MTV fan. Kenny, Reggie Miller could care less. But Kobe stayed out after us signed all of our stuff. He was like because he was a kid.
Speaker 15: Then Kanye West mentioned Lana in a song. Yeah, there's a Kanye song that mentions when swept the one that well.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you saw his latest war.
Speaker 14: My Godana, but.
Speaker 8: I had Cyrus and be one of the videos. It's it's funny.
Speaker 1: Because it's crazy on crosses over.
Speaker 12: Well, you know that culture back then, like TRL was like the thing, right, she knows in there MTV TRL and like watching people like the Backstreet Boys and then they'd have Limp Biscuit come on and then Eminem like it was fucking just. It was a cool era. I always say I lived through a really cool era. I wish my nieces could live through that now, but it's totally different. But it's just it was really fun. It wasn't so social media driven, like we didn't have our phones all the time, so we didn't have phones half the time. But it was just such a cool era. And like I remember sitting at the Movie Awards next to what's your Name from the from the Voice Blake Shelton.
Speaker 8: Jeffani was next to me in pink hair, and she's like knows the show. Like it was just fucking cool.
Speaker 5: Did you host spring Break?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Hosted spring break? Yeah, Eric and I did.
Speaker 13: Easy Still it was big somehow, but it was easy does. That's literally his job, I believe. I don't know if it's his only job, but one of his main jobs is for I believe. It's not even just like spring break a week. There's this some town in Texas or something. It's like Galveston or Someway. I don't know where it is, but but but it's sixth spring lle. He hosts like a recurring spring break party for six weeks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I don't know if it's just that he's South Padre, that's.
Speaker 1: What that's legit y that's a legit play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brown is like my Crappit partner, and that's.
Speaker 1: Where you get shopp by the Gartel.
Speaker 5: I used to host that.
Speaker 8: Spring break.
Speaker 12: But do you remember do you remember those like the MTV Beach House and all that stuff. Like, I'll tell you a great story that the same day that Road Rules premiered was July nineteenth, nineteen ninety five. It was the same day that they released the premiere of Clueless. So I got to go to the Clueless premiere on the beach at Malibu and it was this is when I felt like. I was like, I never felt like I still never feel like a celebrity, but I felt like cool because I went to this premiere and it was all the nine o two and oh cast, all the people from Clueless, Elisa Donovan who now is one of my best friends, from the.
Speaker 8: Worst cook Show we did.
Speaker 12: But like, I was on the beach and Jennye McCarthy was there and Chris Hardwick and I was like, man, this is just fucking cool. But they don't do stuff like that anymore, and I hate it.
Speaker 8: We do, you do, but we do. Is there a way to.
Speaker 1: Bring it back?
Speaker 5: For yeah, to bring it back where.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think you're doing a great job with just these and you incorporate the comedy into it. Who's to say that we can't pitch Panama City to have Challenge Mania Live as their host of the next Person.
Speaker 8: I think it's just finding the right person that Rutchbox.
Speaker 14: Actually, we're going to be inviting fans and everybody.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 13: There's like there's a cruise that everybody's doing in November.
Speaker 8: They are doing a cruise. We are doing a reality.
Speaker 13: Cruise in January, November and January. There's one in November that's sold out, but there is one in h January. You can still get tickets to Showroomreality Cruise dot com. Mark will be on it. These guys want to be on it. They might be on its. West bergman Jordan Weisley will be there. Rachel Tina dev.
Speaker 14: This guy who looks like Brad's shaved the beard.
Speaker 5: He kind of looks like pitbull. Guys.
Speaker 13: I don't know what it is, but whenever I go to the airport with that beard, they search me pretty extensively.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if we're going to be going to the.
Speaker 12: Bok bigger and bigger, and bigger, and then I was looking at pictures online.
Speaker 1: I was talking to our promotions girl a minute ago.
Speaker 9: And she's like, oh, I watched My World San Diego and I pulled up and I'm like, look at how Brad, But oh my god, it was just so wild.
Speaker 1: And so a couple more questions before you go.
Speaker 9: So you guys earned gear when you're on the show, right, So someone sent this to me and I want to know if I'm a poser if I wear this brat.
Speaker 8: No, of course, Oh.
Speaker 5: My god, I'm jealous. You have that. They do not. They don't let us keep it anymore.
Speaker 8: That here's a never before. So when we leave, you've got to put that take back. They take back.
Speaker 12: Your uniform, your socks, your shoes, they take back everything.
Speaker 8: And it's never to be seen again. Everything who knows.
Speaker 4: Because they don't want us to put together really cool home offices.
Speaker 8: Pretty much.
Speaker 13: Further so, so last year we got Derek and ct both in the Allen and Ginter tops line, right, And this isn't one of them, but Derek, back when they did let you take your jerseys for some of his cars, he sent in two of his jerseys. So you can actually get a Derek card that has a piece of his Dirty thirty jersey where he.
Speaker 5: Came in second on it.
Speaker 13: How cool is that he wouldn't be able to do that they didn't have the jerseys, you know what I mean? So, and there might be some more challengers and this year's line of tops Allen and Ginter, who knows, who knows?
Speaker 8: I send them here. I just send them Challenge warn bandanas.
Speaker 5: There you go. I own them.
Speaker 4: And this goes back to what we were talking about earlier, because I have gone to them being like, hey, I have like companies that would give us all of the jerseys, all of the supplements. Most of the people pack half their bags with supplements. They would give every person individual supplement stacks jerseys.
Speaker 5: We'd be able to keep it.
Speaker 4: And they put up the winnings money and they're just like, yeah, no, that sounds great.
Speaker 5: Fuck off.
Speaker 1: Interesting, So.
Speaker 8: You're actually the elite.
Speaker 9: I love it because I'm a die hard. Like I've watched it my whole life and I thought that was my career path. When I was in college and people are like, hey, what do you know what jobs.
Speaker 1: Are you applying for? I was like, no, I'm gonna be on in the.
Speaker 9: Real world, like I'm not applying for jobs, like that's not my life, Like I'm not gonna have a real job, like I'm gonna be on TV.
Speaker 1: But someone gave this to me. I thought I was a poser.
Speaker 9: So now Avery and Adam, you guys meet and you have a relationship on the show, Pauli, you've been in this situation.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 9: I don't remember if you ever fell in love on the challenge or not, but how do you know that this is a real relationship? Like it's a TV show. None of these relationships work, did.
Speaker 14: We didn't get to have our relationship on four until we came back and just kind of like kept on, like getting to know each other deeper and deeper, so our relationship happened.
Speaker 10: Wouldn't leave me alone, wouldn't leave me alone, always checking up on me, making sure I'm all right in Arizona, and I'm like I'm fine, man. Yeah, I just like I was like, what is with this guy? And then I just yeah, And then all of a sudden, yeah, and.
Speaker 14: I left and I was like, hey, are you're gonna be all right without me?
Speaker 5: She's like, you can barely tell your shoes without me? I put your son screen on for you. What do you am?
Speaker 14: I gonna be okay, yeah, and no, It's just it was just magical, like it just develops so like.
Speaker 10: What it was one of your daughters, one of his youngest daughter, we were talking on the phone one day and she stole the phone and then she was like, took me aside, and she's like, do you want to know a secret? And I'm like, well, yeah, like he doesn't want to know a secret. And then she was like, Okay, my dad has a crush on No.
Speaker 9: I said, like most people have a crush on me, honey, Yeah, yeah, I'm just because I always wondering.
Speaker 1: I watch it and it's like, you know, hooking up with Olivia.
Speaker 9: Olivia and I'm like, there's no way that's gonna last. And it's like they're still dating.
Speaker 5: It's like, what how she got his name tattooed on the back of her neck.
Speaker 10: Yeah, don't worry, I don't have any tattoos with Adam's, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean?
Speaker 12: Like I just always think, I think, I think, I will say that I think there was a lot more show mances back in the day because it was so party atmosphere, so you'd hook up and when you went back and kind of fizzle. But I guess not that the the the people have evolved and got more mature. But I mean, Adam, you know, isn't twenty one anymore and Avery isn't twenty one anymore. I hope right, No, But I'm saying I think it's uh. I think it's a different time now because I want to say there was even more hook up so like I'm big brother back in the day than there is now. I think people are more cognizant to it because there's so many so much social media and.
Speaker 13: Michelle are going to deb and Michelle are going actually everything you just said. I do feel like now people know the stigma, so they know like, oh, you know, relationship built on TV, how long is this gonna last? And they're sort of like, if you're gonna enter into it, you got to give it at least eight months just to prove everybody wrong. And I think to go a step further with them, you know, they had the Johnny Bananas of the world, like from Jump Street telling them, oh, you know, he's just in it for the game. You guys aren't a real couple. And I do think that did kind of you know, fuel them to give each other their best and they're still together very hard.
Speaker 5: I mean it was it wasn't even that.
Speaker 4: It was just what you find out about challengers is a lot of the things they say publicly is projection. Most of them have to go to therapy and we're being honest, and that's totally fine. But when you know, like when Kara and I first got together and Van's and they're being like he's usually forgive, he's usually forgeting. I'm like, yeah, dude, cause that's what you fucking do, Like you're how old you need a young chick to hook up with? Like he put a picture of him and Natalie in US Weekly, like that was his publicist that did it. He's like, we're gonna set up up this date where we're getting coffee, so we're going to take a picture and I'm gonna put it in there. So he was just a little bit upset that I was actually, you know, dating somebody from The Bachelor at the time, and my hook cup was actually newsworthy, you know, when me and Carr got together. So I think he just wanted a little bit of, like I told you some thing if anything did happen. I mean, but Johnny and I were on good terms now, but I do got to give him a.
Speaker 5: Little ships on his defense.
Speaker 9: But anyway, Yeah, and how often like outside of the show, like the anger feelings on the show, they carry over to real life.
Speaker 12: I had this conversation with him at the hotel just now, I said, I said, it's a shame. It's a shame when people really extend the enemy hatred months after the show. Because it is a TV show, right, We're all there's only one winner usually or two winners.
Speaker 8: So he was talking about him and Frank.
Speaker 5: Miserable.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but but but he's like, Adam's like, you know, I've I've you know, I've now grown to move beyond being an enemy. I could you could probably hang out with Frank now and have a great time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but now you guys have reasons.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 13: Back in the day, it used to be that, especially you and Frank, people have like completely different lives and careers that if you went on All Stars five decided you hate each other, there's really no reason for you guys to ever interact unless you come to one of these or you see each other on the touring circuit or you go and do another season together. So it is easy to get swept up in the oh, yeah I should hate this guy, but at all if you don't get to see each other. But the fact that we do so many of these and you know, unless people request, hey I don't want to do one with Paulie or whatever, like you know, you do kind of know, Hey, I might see this guy in the future. He might you know what I mean, maybe we men fences a little sooner. Maybe we don't put things out there on social media that we can't you know, ask for forgiveness for later, you know.
Speaker 10: So I think a lot of people don't realize too like when we film these shows, like they're a year past, like like by by the time that they're aired, that's it.
Speaker 8: That's it last year, like that week.
Speaker 1: It's so weird.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So for me, I'm like, Okay, it's been a year, Like what can I really like Pauli? We have nothing against each other, but like let's say Polly pissed me off, Like is it really that serious that in a year? Like did he really take my pillow one night? And I'm like, hate you Ballan? Would you die? Like you know, and like really like hold on to that for like a year that like sometimes like I know that we have Like really there's our castmates that have real serious problems with each other, totally different, you know, like yay, you personally don't like this person.
Speaker 8: Get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: I understand why no one likes Laurel.
Speaker 5: Something like gameplay related.
Speaker 10: It's like it's a game at the end of the day, Like it's a game, Like we're playing a game, you know.
Speaker 12: Hold a grudge, Amanda, Johnny, Yeah, I love Johnny's one of my best friends. But if that if you've crossed him in his mind and somewhere in the past, he will hold that to his.
Speaker 5: Crave even if he gets you back.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, yeah, He's allowed to cross people, but once someone crosses him, it's like, oh, you just scorched the earth.
Speaker 1: I'll there you. But he is the king of crossing, like he crosses all the time and that's why people love him. Tho, right, I mean, I mean, but yeah, yeah, thank you guys so.
Speaker 9: Much for coming in. And hey, if you guys are anywhere, Challenge Many Alive. May fourth in New York, May twenty fifth in Chicago, June seventh, in Saint Louis, June twenty eighth, in Pittsburgh, June thirteenth or July thirteenth in Atlanta, September seventh in Phoenix, and in July thirteenth, Bananas will be in Atlanta.
Speaker 13: And I just want to tell you also three of those we're also thrown out the first pitch with the major League baseball team. So in Saint Louis, we're doing the Cardinals when they played the Dodgers, in Pittsburgh when the Pirates play the Mets, and then in Phoenix we did it last year. Mark threw it out in Phoenix. Toy, He's going to be throwing out the first pitch when they play the Red Sox. If you want to do out of cool stuff like that with the sports. I will also be.
Speaker 12: Doing batting practice before she throws the first pitch.
Speaker 5: He also, dude, he.
Speaker 13: Literally almost crushed one out of the park last September.
Speaker 8: That would be epic. I will get it done this this time.
Speaker 5: But thank you guys for having us, and thanks for the plugs.
Speaker 8: So much, so much fun.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: So this is guy Beaty.
Speaker 4: Don't listen to Lunchbucks because he gets my name wrong every time.
Speaker 7: But you know what, I'm listening to The Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 5: Come on, let's buck.
Speaker 13: Y'all have too much fun.
Speaker 5: I Love by bother's family