Speaker 1: All right, We've got a great episode coming up for you today. It is three oh eight. It is a menu mini tell us about it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So in this episode, Coach is on a mission to get Nick to work out, wanting him to avoid gaining the.
Speaker 2: Boyfriend fifteen, which is real, by the way.
Speaker 3: And Winston is dying to join them, even though his injuries and body are telling him no.
Speaker 2: I feel like the writers stole this from my real life.
Speaker 3: Speaking of no, when Principal Foster tells Jes that she can't go on the field trip to the beach to celebrate Ocean Conservation Day, she takes her aggression out on hop Fu, the local Chinese restaurant that keeps sliding menus under their apartment door. Meanwhile, Schmidt is feeling the foam mo of not living an apartment four D because his punk ass moved out, and he tries to install a secret camera in there to monitor his friends. Gotta say that is a bold but very smart thing to do.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Illegal, Yeah, hightly illegal.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's illegal. If you say, hey, guys, I'm putting a camera in here, and they say, okay, put.
Speaker 1: A hat on it. Plug it.
Speaker 2: I know Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's that's strange. It is strange. But we break back, Hannah. We just went to a commercial break and now we're back.
Speaker 2: Do you want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to tell the world who directed this thing and he wrote this thing.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite humans ever, period, point blank. Trent o'donald, mister trent O'Donnell will soon, yeah, soon. I so many injuries. I have to say. I'm working on a project with him now, just sold a project with him. Now he's not in people, but some people got news too, you know, And I love him so much. I will say. He has done a couple of shows that people don't know about, or a few people know about in Australia that people should find. One is The Moodies, the original Australian Moodies, is Chef's Kiss, one of the funniest shows ever, and the original first and second season of No Activity, the Australian One, the funniest, some of the funniest things I've ever seen. Comedic genius came to direct. We all loved him so much. He stayed on and was our producing director and now is like a dear friend and we've all worked with him now on multiple things.
Speaker 2: Since oh yeah, all of us have like.
Speaker 1: Director of Jake's movies and he's just the best. And this is also written by Matt Fussfeld. Alex who this is also a fun fact, met and fell in love with his wife on the show New Girl. You know her, you love her, Miss Liz Meriweather.
Speaker 3: That's right, Alex ell Is, Yeah, you know, I always imagined them. Just that's the reason why we haven't come back for an other season, because they were busy fallen in love and they said, they said, screw New Girl, We're gonna just screw each other and have babies and get married. And then the fans got to suffer. So Liz, Alex, Matt, whoever's out there, gees start writing again.
Speaker 1: I Mean, here's the thing, is it? I think when the show was on the air, the number one question was like, are y'all friends in real life? Or you know, whats so and so really like? And now I feel like the number one question we all get all the time is reunion. And I go like, can somebody just call Liz? We don't have the control. We hear the questions so loudly we do. This is this is Liz, we're all lined up ready to go.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's I think we've all said at some point or one stage or another that yes, we would be down to do it. During the Sexiest Men A Live interview portion, you know, we were asked that question quite a few times. And uh, and all the guys are on board. Sounds like you're on board, Hannah on board. I've like I've always done. I'm just gonna speak for Zoe and say she's on board.
Speaker 1: All right, let's dive in.
Speaker 3: Okay, So a menu for a Chinese restaurant and gets slid under the door, and then you know, Nick gets the bright idea that this Chinese Chinese food bed you comes out, he should get breakfast. Uh, and he orders take out for breakfast and then just walks in and she let Nick's she lets Nick know that she is not allowed to judge him anymore, be because she's his girlfriend. I think, come all over the place with.
Speaker 2: This so far.
Speaker 1: No, you know what I'll say to you. When I saw that happen, I was like I did. I wasn't there for the judgment. I wasn't there for like the little luck because why not? Why can't you have Chinese food for breakfast, like so delicious pizza for breakfast. I'm down, Like, it's weird if your body's hungry and you want to eat something.
Speaker 3: I never understood the thought, like the yeah, the order of operations as far as what you're supposed to be eating, you know, I heard, you know, maybe you start with fruit because it's easier to digest and it's at the bottom, and then it's so it doesn't sit on top of the harder digest food, and then it starts the ferment in your belly.
Speaker 2: So that's the only thing that I've heard as far.
Speaker 1: As truly never heard that, And that sounds so counterintuitive because you're probably gonna put like acidic things in your belly.
Speaker 2: That's what I heard, and I could be I could be wrong, or whoever.
Speaker 1: We should have Sese food and recorded this at breakfast. Hungry for Chinese food, all right, Okay, So they're sitting there talking about Ocean Conservation Day and Nick's advice is don't try so hard. This is going to work for you. Then coach walks in that instantly judges Nick for eating Chinese food for breakfast. As Nick crawls around the floor looking for m.
Speaker 3: Oh Nick looking for food is as good as Schmidt spiraling out of control.
Speaker 1: Also feels like so much of it is improv anything, yes to like weird with food. I feel like Jake just goes like he's really improvising.
Speaker 2: He's not really improvising, He's rehearsed that in real life.
Speaker 1: He's a method actor.
Speaker 2: You guy, like he's all searching for food on the ground. I get that kid. Jake's very rich.
Speaker 3: Jess, you know, she tells Principal Foster they need transportation costs.
Speaker 1: That's it, That's all they need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: Any he flips out, he spats it out, he apologizes. So he slept very poorly night before. Now here's why I find funny about that, because he said he had some friends, and I don't know if this is true or not. He said he had some friends that came in from Montreal, right, and he was up all night. If you notice in prior episodes, you know, Christopher Foster has that hot tub and he's trying to get the whole gang, and it feels like he's a bit of a swinger. Is it true that Montreal is like the mecca for swingers?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's what I've heard.
Speaker 1: I'm scared to Google, like because it'll just ruin my entire algorithm. But like, I wouldn't be surprised. You know, it's like so much love. It's cold outside, you want to cuddle up with your friends and have some fun.
Speaker 2: Their friends friends, you.
Speaker 1: Get the hot tub. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised. All the power too, you have fun.
Speaker 3: I guess I feel like that's why they said that. I feel like that's why they added that little tidbit in there from Montreal.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're this fun story for Foster.
Speaker 3: I I dare to say that that's.
Speaker 1: Exactly what does anybody else have this fan theory? Let us know because this is so far lamar, but I co signed it. I'm into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you're from Canada. You know how people get down over there.
Speaker 1: It was a warm part of Canada.
Speaker 3: Well, just lets him know that a lot of her students have never seen the ocean, which is a real thing. A lot of people haven't it, which is odd that they're in California and haven't seen the ocean. In fact, she asked them a draw ocean. One student. One student painted a bagel with wings floating over red water, just as she will not take no foreign answer. My favorite was the square mm hmm. It was this day that was my favorite one.
Speaker 1: I think when I looked at the script, they there was only one picture that was going to be shown, and it was one response. And then, you know the comedic genius of plays, you know, Principal Foster just then riffed and said all sorts of funny things and they kept it in. That's one thing I would loved about our show. We got the best guest stars, and they would just let him go and it would make the show.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Great.
Speaker 3: Now back at the loft, Coach, yeah, Coach is telling Nick that he's to talk to about his fitness levels. I love the beginning of Coaches, his return to the loft.
Speaker 2: It's like all about fitness.
Speaker 3: He his name is Coach, he wears track suits, he likes to work out, and and he's telling him about his body. And then Nig's like, my body, yeah, you know, and then that's when Winston comes in. Obvious unless the boys know that the last time Nick worked out was when he battled his daddy's other dumb sperm in order to make his way to his mama.
Speaker 2: Dumb ass egg.
Speaker 3: I thought this was going to turn into I thought this was going to turn into one of those like another Winston trait where he's like he's bad at pranks. One he's like bad at roasts, like he's bad. And I was shocked and didn't go that far into it. They just kept it at that very.
Speaker 1: Very It's a good burn, just a long one.
Speaker 3: It's a very long burn. But I like it. I like it. If you were to make that short, how would you did you say it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it was more the speed of the delivery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once was a little slow.
Speaker 1: I think that's where it falls short. It's like he's thinking of it while he's saying it, you gotta have a locked and loaded and then just like you know, fire it.
Speaker 2: Gosh, okay, can't.
Speaker 1: Be inventing it as you go, we'll catch it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The dynamic between Coach and Nick in this moment, it's like a strange, weird will they like, will it happen? Will it not happen. He's trying to convince him over and over again to work out, but he keeps letting them like this is my body. I'm used to this body. He calls himself old fashioned, Coney Island fat strong, but.
Speaker 1: I know exactly what he was talking about. You know those people that don't work out, they're just you know, big boys and and but they can like tustle husky husky. That's right.
Speaker 2: The people. People aren't tussling a lot in Vancouver.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's true. It's a kind of a tussle free zone north of that forty ninth parallel.
Speaker 3: My favorite part of this moment is when Schmid walks in and just pronounces Chinese foot Jenese food.
Speaker 1: I can't this is this episode and the next episode Max really goes for it, and every single word that comes out of his mouth is not pronounced correctly. Yeah, and it's I feel like it's he's now in this season and at this point just gets in this rhythm of like, I'm this is going to be the thing all the time, not just once in a while. And it's so funny. I don't know how he can do it so well.
Speaker 3: And another thing I like about this episode is I feel like there was a lot of little gems that Damon was dropping in this one. And tell me if I'm wrong. I don't think this is in the script, but it could have been. When he's walking out and he's just roasting his pants, how small his jeans are. I just felt like a lot of those were just Damon.
Speaker 1: I think if you tell Damon, okay, in this scene, Coach is going to mock Schmidt and his body in a pair of jeans. Damon's just like, back up, let.
Speaker 3: Me go, Yeah, yeah, absolutely, and is so happy. Anyway, we're back at it again. He's trying to train them.
Speaker 2: This is going to happen.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but Winston said he would love for Coach to train him as well. But he went in, you know, he went in for a dunk the other day on the court and then he tweaked something when in reality he actually slipped on menus while eating some ice cream in the hallway.
Speaker 1: It's a very good menu tie in. They're building, they're building, they're building. Everybody's got to be mad about the menus.
Speaker 2: Well, because you know it.
Speaker 3: You know, having just an abundance of menus is one thing, but then like having those menus, you know, be falsehood have falsehoods on the bottom lies, causing injuries to folks. That's another thing. That's when menus really become a problem of alway, I said that, you know, now I love this one when coach says that this is typical Winston. He's always hurt by the time he sat out of the game because he was sad.
Speaker 2: And like and I was also cold. Did you imagine like I always but.
Speaker 1: That would be me. Was I never ever ever played sports, was not interested until somebody was like, did you know the handy game and play sports? And I was like, well, so I went and like made the volleyball team, the basketball team and made all the teams and I can. I just don't want to, and so I can and I made all the teams. And then I was always just trying to get out of playing, yeah, because I didn't really want to play. So you know, I'd be like sad about things and then the coach would be like, oh, like sit down. I was like, this is working. Sad and cold works, by the way, you guys, if you have to go to pe and you don't feel like it, be sad and.
Speaker 2: Cold, sad and cold, yeah, that's I mean.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine somebody in the NBA and they and they're like not playing tonight, and then you you look over at the bench and you're just wrapped in a blanket.
Speaker 2: Lebron's cold tonight, You guys.
Speaker 1: It's got little chili. Chili can't play today.
Speaker 2: It is goose bumping.
Speaker 3: Now Coach is talking about the boyfriend fifteen. Did you know that was a real thing?
Speaker 1: I remember freshman fifteen. When I went to college.
Speaker 2: It was like.
Speaker 1: Freshman fifteen, which probably is connected to the fact one your you know, mom's out there making sure you're eating healthier foods, but too Yeah, you fall in love all of a sudden, you a little freedom, You go out, you're making decisions. They're not great ones, right, there's no pe in college around. It's real. It's a real thing. It's a and it can't and then it just usually continues in that direction less you catch it.
Speaker 2: So it's wrong.
Speaker 1: Is wrong.
Speaker 3: He's talking about, Uh, it's like fifteen. The next thing you know, it's twenty. And then next thing you know, you with fat dude riding a little blake with a cowboy hat on talking about my ass. Heard like when he throws in the he's like, what do he says? The that guy rash on his arm or something like that.
Speaker 2: I know Damon made that up. Bumps for sure, Damon made that up. Oh boy, now here we go. Nick says he's, uh, he's got a bad back. He's coming up with a million.
Speaker 3: Excuses of why he he he can't work out right. The coach is like, well, you just gave me a piggyback right the other day.
Speaker 2: You were giggling the entire time. He's like, yeah, you went up the stairs. Dude.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing too, What was so great about these scenes because you know, so much of that was improv and them naturally laughing and smiling at each other because Jake and Damon had just done Let's be Cops, right, and had just become like fast friends. Yeah, like truly, like they lived together basically to do this movie. They were like away from everyone and they did it. And I think it was Jake right who said to Damon come back, like, come back and hang out with us. I think it was, and he was like, I'll do it. And I think that they gave them this storyline together and the fact that they got to do this thing where they get to make fun of each other is like heaven for them. Probably best day at work. Ever, Oh yeah, and you see it, which is why I think they This was supposed to be like the b story, I think, to the ocean conservation story. But everybody remembers this storyline because you can feel the joy in the chemistry from the boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's pure stupidity, that's right. You know he's telling him, he's asking me if he's a if he's a dumpling guy or a doing guy. And he says, give me just what did you say? Give me one session and then you'll see abs.
Speaker 2: That's not true. I personally know, so do you.
Speaker 3: That's not true. Okay, I get why Nick is afraid. It is a hard process to get to your abs. And then Nick says, maybe you know, he thought God didn't want him to have those.
Speaker 1: That sounds like that's like also a Jake thing to be like I wasn't born with those, Like I don't, that's not possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. Van Winston tries to come in and prove himself again.
Speaker 3: By doing one jumping jack and he immediately hits the ground in pain. Now, when I said earlier that I feel like this is the part I feel like they are stealing from my life. I actually mean that because we've talked about this before on the show. Like my body hurts sometimes, you know what I mean, I don't. I don't have any like you know, muscular disease.
Speaker 2: I've checked. I just begin I just beget hurt easily.
Speaker 3: Like it's always like the calamity La Morne, you know, no knock on wood, grateful, you know, thankful, nothing has been permanent or damaging or like extreme.
Speaker 2: But like I'll tell you, you have an example.
Speaker 3: I'm shooting I'm shooting Spider Man right now, Spider War, and there's a scene where I just knock on the door like this.
Speaker 2: Literally I just go, pop, pop pop my knuckle. No, isn't so much pain.
Speaker 1: Why did I tell everybody this?
Speaker 3: Just because I want everybody to know I'm sensitive. Not only am I one of the people sexies been alive, but I'm also sensitive, you.
Speaker 1: Know, physically in the knuckles.
Speaker 2: In the knuckles, you know.
Speaker 3: So you know I don't hit people, you know what I mean. It's gonna hurt me more than that's gonna hurt you. So I'm just a gentle giant.
Speaker 1: You I can't right now, and it's.
Speaker 2: My middle finger too. I don't want to show it to you because I want to.
Speaker 1: So it's one specific knuckle. Did you get ice?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't get ice. I'm just kind of I'm braving through it.
Speaker 1: You know, very proudy, very proudy.
Speaker 2: That's right there. Now we're back at school. What's happening back at school?
Speaker 3: What's happening back here at the oh Man?
Speaker 1: At school, a student approaches Jess and shows off her hot dog beach hat, and then Jess tests to let her know that the field trip isn't going to happen, and then the student says, but anything as possible. Jess begins to tear up great acting by Zoe. She says, just keep wearing the hot dog hat and who knows, maybe one day she'll be the first little girl in space and to just ride that hotdog cat all the way to the moon. And the girl goes. This part also made me laugh because it was so smart writing of how to end this moment. The girl goes to tap Jess on the shoulder consoler and Jess goes, you're not legally allowed to touch me, thank you, And I'm like, what you know? I did hear? What is crazy is a friend of mine whose kid is in school. The kid tripped, five years old, skinned their knee, reached out for the teacher for a hug, crying, and the teacher goingn't give the kid hug. What they say, we're not allowed to touch the children. And I was like, you have five year olds and they got like a boo boo and they just like a hug, and it's like not allowed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you know, what's so, you know, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I went to So I went to drop my daughter off at school the other day and and this, uh, this, this little boy came up and he was he's friends with my daughter. And he comes to he has his arms out like he wants to give me a hug. And I was like, why is he Why is he raising his arms to me? And because his dad had already dropped him off, and and.
Speaker 2: So I look over at the teacher I said. She goes, I think he's trying to give you a hug. And I went is that allowed?
Speaker 3: And she goes, yeah, yeah, he yeah, he's So I went down and gave a hug.
Speaker 2: She was like, he just he really likes hugging. Aw, he hugs my daughter. Oh that was so sweet.
Speaker 1: So sweet, but not legal at the school, right that Jess is working at Such a funny way to end the scene. Also so truthful, Oh yes, so truthful. Now Jess is about to project all this frustration yea, because she comes home and she finds a bunch of these hot food menus on the floor. Next says he's got a trainer, He's gonna look like Barry Bonds. But he can feel that Jess is off because she is losing her entire mind over the hot fu menus, and she says they've killed their last year. I will say this. I remember living in like an apartment in Toronto, and the menus for the restaurants back in the day were like confetti. Like I was like, why do you think I need nine? Like, what's what's going on? Why? And then every day it was wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they outsourced the people who are like, you know, passing out the menus, right, so people forget, they'll just go. You know, it's one if like if one person drops it off today, a different person goes by and they just drop it off, they drop it off again, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think it's more like because I was definitely this kind of person if you ever employed me in my twenties, so sorry, but if you gave me a job like that that I didn't really like, wasn't excited about, I would just be like, well, if I put ten in every mail slot, I'm going done this job real quick and then I can go do what I want to do.
Speaker 2: You're probably right. I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm gonna go ahead.
Speaker 3: And say that's probably what it is. People are. People ain't trying to be out there passing out That's right.
Speaker 1: They've been creative. I know they're being creative. So she is annoyed, so she goes and storms over to Hot Fu, and an employee there lets her know that he also hates the menus. They're so bad for the environment. He thanks Jess for stepping up for saying something, and she is like, she feels seen, she feels moved, she feels heard, which is not happening at the school. So it's taken all her boxes and she's like, it's so refreshing you meet someone actually cares and then he starts flattering or you're so beautiful, and then she like, well she like carries a watermelon dirty dancing reference and she gets all like blustered and then leaves.
Speaker 3: What I love is that the actor who the actor who plays this guy, Brian Justin Chean, Justin Chahan is a fantastic Not only is he a fantastic actor, but he's.
Speaker 2: Also a fantastic director. Let's see Blue BYU. He also is directing the new Sublime movie. What's the movie about? The Yeah? Yeah, Like this guy is insane.
Speaker 3: He's insanely talented and just glad we we got a chance to work with him, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Wow, I had no idea. I will also say this thing about Sublime. I've been in many a debate because I think they say the name Hannah and that practice No Crystal ba Hannah.
Speaker 2: No, that's not that's not the part.
Speaker 1: First sure says my name.
Speaker 2: He said I had a million dollars, but I spent it all.
Speaker 1: Oh if I could wait, No, you're right, if I can find that Hannah, right, if I can find that Hannah, that's the part, that's the part. That's the part. I said it wrong, But that's the party.
Speaker 2: That's the part right there.
Speaker 1: But that's the part, and it's my name.
Speaker 3: Right, Hannah, right? I think he said Hannah all right, did he say that with something? I think I just remember.
Speaker 2: Let me see.
Speaker 1: Google it right now, google it figured it out. I don't know why I've never googled it, but I remember that song was Bagel's, Like, guess his song. He says my name, because no songs have Hannah in it.
Speaker 2: Well, no, Haynah h e I n a. Sorry, if I.
Speaker 1: Could find that Hannah, that's my name in that central d she's found. That's right, So that's my name.
Speaker 2: H e I n a. That's the hog.
Speaker 1: How can you what it's a song? You're saying it like. He doesn't spell it out. Heah, No, he doesn't say hi. That's not heinie. Somebody just put it in like the lyrics dot com thing wrong.
Speaker 2: Guys, we're going we're going a break and we're back.
Speaker 3: Two revelations. There's two revelations that we're about to come to right now. What one we realized that Hannah Hannah is Hannah is synonymous with Heini apparently.
Speaker 1: The root that's the root.
Speaker 2: And Hannah Hannah for sure did not find the bear this week.
Speaker 1: Stop talking about the baby.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about it's in the damn outline. What do you want gonna do.
Speaker 1: I don't know why it's in the outline. It's not happen. I'm julye low key because yes it is in the outline, because we never removed it from the outline. But I will say this, but I remember every single time to be like, okay, I see it to the outline. I'm gonna skip it because I know we have a plan. I think, deep down you love this segment. I think we're gonna bring it back for season.
Speaker 2: I can tell you why. I love it, because you're right.
Speaker 3: I do love it, and I'm gonna tell you why because you're failing at it, and I love making fun of you.
Speaker 1: I know that you like making fun of me, but I ain't feeling at it because the fans are on my side. Just wait, we're back at the loft.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, go ahead, I just mommed you.
Speaker 1: They are back in the loft. Get in the car. Coach tells Nick that this program is as easy as.
Speaker 3: It's a.
Speaker 2: It's a bad acronym.
Speaker 1: Physical education activity nuts nuts.
Speaker 2: It makes perfect sense.
Speaker 1: It's perfect. I think it's perfect too. I love I can see Matt and Alex trying to come up with that acronym pe what peanuts? Then just have bag say nuts nuts perfect, you know win Here we go again.
Speaker 3: This is this, Uh, this has been their storyline this entire episode. You coach saying Nick, you should work out. He's saying, no, I like dumplings. Winston saying can I work out? But you can't work out because Whenstin's constantly hurting himself and then here we go again, he tries to do a burpie, only hurting himself in the process.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, and Schmidt. Schmidt calls Nick and he asked me if he left this Oakland Raiders yamakat god.
Speaker 3: You know that's that thing when you like you really you you you really want to like you miss people and you just call for.
Speaker 1: Nothing for no reason.
Speaker 2: Hey man, you uh water working over there in the house.
Speaker 1: Your light switches up and down down, but is yours up and down. It also makes me laugh because of like hyper specific swag like teams wag that knows its market like an Oakland Water's yamica makes me laugh, like when the Dodgers just won, I always eight Dodgers lunatic and went and like bought out all the merch on the site. Immediately because I just wanted to like wrap it so hard immediately. And then it literally showed up yesterday and I was like and then I was like, I mean, it's cool. I'm so happy to have this world serious twenty twenty four Dodger's champion. But I don't know if I needed the T shirt, the hat, the hoodie, the jersey.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I got very excited after that, you know, fifth inning turnaround. I went like, I would have they had a yamaka. I would have probably bought the yamaka. And you know, I just would have. I just was like, click click add to cart, Let's go Dodgers, Hannah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you gotta buy merch, you know what I mean? You know what else it? Sometimes you gotta buy that merch merch.
Speaker 1: All right? Oh man, we made that work for us, my tangent, who knew.
Speaker 3: If if anybody has an Oakland Raiders yamaka, by the way, like you know, send us your photos.
Speaker 1: Let's see it.
Speaker 2: We want to see an Oakland Raiders yama because oh.
Speaker 1: All right, now Jess comes home.
Speaker 2: She wait before we before before we do that.
Speaker 3: This line right here, Schmidt's line is so telling of when we filmed this he hasked to be put on speaker so he could hear the workout.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, we didn't have FaceTime.
Speaker 1: That's true to tell tiny taels and they're all tech related. Isn't that funny those tiny tails?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. He goes Nix and jeans, and he goes, what's Nixon jeans? What are nix and jeans?
Speaker 1: Another line? All right? So Jess comes blazing in. She's so excited about happened in hot food. She's like now, She's like, hype, I can figure out the field trip. It's a double booon ya and then huh slip slide under the door. Another menu, fin menu. So she sees the delivery guy. She starts chasing him. She's like, gets him, like you don't need to leave any more menus. And then she chases the guy back to the van and then she finds uh Bran Ryan and then he's just like, I played you. I'm the boss. I don't care about conservation. I only care about the restaurant. Which can I also say fair, you're a small business, You're a restaurant. You're trying to go all city paper the walls to be like we exist, please, buy our food, and I was like, you're kind of not wrong, Bryan. It's okay. He should have been able to give your menus. But Jess is like lit up, and she's like, I'm gonna report you to the city.
Speaker 3: That's the only reason why I haven't shout at a restaurant, you know what I mean, Because I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to litter.
Speaker 1: I don't want to have the littering aspect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not who I am.
Speaker 1: So no, No, that's such a brand. That's such a brand.
Speaker 2: Now. Now, meanwhile, Coaches, this is my favorite.
Speaker 1: This part was my favorite electronic music, my favorite. It's just because of Max. This is my favorite. Okay say it.
Speaker 3: So they first of all, they start doing the head bop, like, h what's the Roxbury Rocks Night at the Roxbury and which I does? It's you know, iconic reference to one of the most iconic shows of all time, Speaking of which, Saturday Night is available now to buy or to rent.
Speaker 2: Please go and watch it. Are in yours truly?
Speaker 1: Oh I should say this, by the way, if we're plugging the movie, because I'm happy to plug all the things. Everybody knows how much I love Canada. I love a little place called Salt Spring Island. They have one movie theater there called the Fritz, and they're playing your movie. Oh so everybody on the island go running by the tickets. It's a good one, putting on the Fritz, putting on whoa.
Speaker 2: Literally just showed up from school? Hey love, whah you want what? Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll be out there in a second. Okay, I'll be out there in the second. Mama, I'm not mommy, I'm daddy. But I could put a wig on if that makes you feel more comfortable. Can Michael Jackson my skin?
Speaker 2: If that makes you anyway? Where are we? Um?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So Coach is playing electronic music to warm up. Nick and Coach start bouncing around, and Schmidt can hear the music from down the hallway as he's cleaning the fridge and starts to dance one of the most MACS dances that makes it into the show and becomes iconic. Schmidt and he can't fault them for the.
Speaker 2: Track because it's a great workout track. Great world got track.
Speaker 3: Now, Nick is progressively getting worse at pushups and jumping rope. Cec then walks in with a bunch of Chinese food that she thought Jess needed. Nick lets her know that it was him who needed it for his post workout meal.
Speaker 2: Then this is this is this is interesting.
Speaker 3: This could be what you have been, what you alluded to earlier. This is the start of something. Because he leaves CC and coach alone for the first time and didn't gets awkward.
Speaker 1: It's so funny and I'm sure you will agree with me. The hardest thing when you have a one on one scene with Damon is not breaking because it's his whole goal and he will get so weird and big how he uses his voice says it's really hard, and CEC's whole thing is like she's just she's so stone, she's seen it all, like it doesn't phase her. But Hannah is dying inside, no doubt, no diggity. And then does the squat buye?
Speaker 2: I wonder if that ever worked for I'm sure it does.
Speaker 3: When you go to the gym and you just make eye contact with somebody while you're doing squats nine one one?
Speaker 1: Are you joking? If somebody was doing a squat and looked and then held eye contact, I no, I'm moved. I'd leave, I'd leave, I'd leave the state.
Speaker 2: If a woman did that to me, I'd marry her.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go, ladies, now you know you want to marry littlemore go to his gym. Look them right in the eye.
Speaker 2: I do squats, look me and my soul.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get that ring.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: And it comes back and then tips tips CC four dollars.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine.
Speaker 2: Would you have settled for ten?
Speaker 1: I was about to say it was more. Actually probably it's the four dollars that's problematic. I'll take freebody that's okay, But I do love you.
Speaker 2: Go you go? Did you just tip me?
Speaker 3: As you walk off with the money, You're like.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep it. Yeah, But like what.
Speaker 3: This whole nick sneaking and dumpling in the middle of the workout? Clay me, it's a protein boost. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: I think it was like one tiny line in the script and they were just like where and I think that they just wouldn't stop. Damon and Jake wouldn't stop. And then it became this super funny moment.
Speaker 3: Oh it's too good, too good now, Jess, she walks, she walks back, and she lets the boys know that she's gonna research lawsuits.
Speaker 2: In her room. And that's what yes, And that's when Winston he wheels into the living room with a found wheelchair. I can't the wheelchair he found? You know what?
Speaker 3: I find to be really funny. Winston found that wheelchair. But wasn't that his Ford that they were driving in that really nice car where he's like, wait, foot underneath it? So Winston has enough money to buy a brand new Ford.
Speaker 2: It was cool.
Speaker 3: Technology, but his ankle was like wrapped up with actual like tape, with duct tape. And he has a h a wheelchair that he found in a dumbstair with a trick wheel.
Speaker 2: M he what this man?
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't make any sense. Also, can I ask you something? Just like low Ki is an actor that was on a show that like had a lot of hours. Weren't you like a little bit happy that you got to sit in the wheelchair?
Speaker 2: Oh? And I gotta do stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's so nice to sit here.
Speaker 2: And I don't have any cues. I don't have to like walk here, walk here.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Somebody else is doing.
Speaker 1: Someone else gotta push you. That's their job to do my stage work.
Speaker 3: And imagine what Kevin McHale from Glee felt like, this character is a wheelchair I know, or wheelchair.
Speaker 1: Jimmy, wheelchair Jimmy. I love that he loves it, though, Like, I love that he honors that so much. She's like done and went back to de Grassey like knows all the people. I was like, I love that he loves it.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's his origin story, you know.
Speaker 3: New Girl is is uh for a lot of us, our origin story, and clearly we love it.
Speaker 1: Look at what we're doing right wheelchair winnie, wheel chair whitny, no will chair Whitny.
Speaker 2: We gotta make t shirts. Uh.
Speaker 1: Big revelations happening this part.
Speaker 3: Oh when Winston, uh, Winston eats. He eats some food and he starts to freak out why because he is allergic to MSG.
Speaker 2: Aha. This is where Jess thinks she has them right by the gonuts peanuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said this menu has has no MSG on it, and it turns out that's a lot.
Speaker 1: She's like, I got him.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh my gosh. Now we're gonna come back to that. But Nick says that he isn't like Coach. He's like, I want this dumpling. Okay, Coach I understand what he's trying to.
Speaker 2: Do, but I'm not like you.
Speaker 3: He's a dumpling and he shoves it in his mouth, but much to his chagrin, it is a veggie dumpling, and he feels like he just wasted his time.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: And Schmid is still sad that he is missing things that are happening in the loft. So Jess and Winston they leave, They flee the scene. They're gonna go to hop fu.
Speaker 1: Well, they didn't leave, just left and just takes She took it. You've been kidnapped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she took him, which is okay. I guess I'll go along for the ride if you're gonna get if you're gonna take me literal ride, yeah, Like Vegas is a long ways away, but if somebody else is gonna drive like.
Speaker 1: Cool, I'm like I'll go. Oh god.
Speaker 2: Now they're they're pretty pissed off. Well, Jess is pretty pissed off.
Speaker 3: Winston loves the food though, but you just can't really talk. My favorite part of this is when when Jess is like trying to point at it, she goes, aha, there's no msg.
Speaker 2: With the circle thing. What is that thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: There's a Ghostbusters thing, the Ghostbusters thing everywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh, shout out to Ghostbusters.
Speaker 3: Now dress she addresses the whole restaurant to let them know that that that this restaurant is putting poison in the food. It's putting it's putting all kinds of bad stuff in the food. And then Winston asks if those crispy noodles on.
Speaker 1: Read the room, Read the room, Winnie wheelchair winning, read the room.
Speaker 3: Now, this Coach, this is the only time they were This is the only time they've gone this route right with uh with again, thinking that this might be.
Speaker 2: A thing that we'd see coach do more often. But he's on the couch making Caribbean beats on a keyboard.
Speaker 1: I'm so sad that's the only time that they did this.
Speaker 3: The early time we see this, because they could have been a whole album, you know, like the like the Elations, Elations, therelations. So yeah, So he's making Caribbean beats on his keyboard, and he wanted to prove to himself that he could still be coach because.
Speaker 2: Ever since his breakup with Malia, he hasn't been able to do anything right.
Speaker 1: It wasn't about Nick, his coach was about coach mmm mmmm. And then comes the illegal activity.
Speaker 3: Well, Schmid puts a clock that he found and he thought that maybe neighborly he came over to set it up for him, but next sees the alarm clock. It has a camera on it. Yeah, Schmid if he's tried to spy on them, and he plays dumb, but he is. He's missing nowt he got that FuMO.
Speaker 1: It is the worst think. All your friends are hanging out without you and all this like weird stuff is happening and no one's even like like a mole like kind of at least just like telling you, like you're fully iced out and it's your own doing.
Speaker 2: Is brutal, yeah.
Speaker 1: At that age, like at that period of your life. Brutal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And that's what Nick is telling them. He's like, hey man, you chose to move out. That's right, you know. Be Schmid's like, I got a very important coffee beating with who. You can't figure it out.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have a name. And this is when we go again, and then he starts playing. He starts making fun of his pants again. Tiny pants, man, you don't have friends.
Speaker 1: This feels also like he made up the song.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he did. I'm sure this.
Speaker 1: Feels like a damon because it wasn't it. This song was not in the script.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he made absolutely made.
Speaker 1: So either was pitch to him or he's saying it, but he was perfect.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Now just tells Brian this show.
Speaker 1: Oh this was brutal this part. I was like, you guys wrote this episode so well. I forgot this part because I was like, also the truth, Like, it's such an honest episode. This is what would happen, like think about because it's a very I say this gently, but this is a very light Karen esque episode. Oh right, absolutely, Like that's kind of what it is to sit there and be like, I don't like it, I care about the earth, get rid of these menus, then try to blow up the spot and to do a whole thing and not realize the consequences. That's right of what you're actually what it looks like to make this thing that's annoying you happen.
Speaker 2: What it actually looks like.
Speaker 3: That's right, because just tells him that she's going to drive away all his customers unless he stops delivering the menus. He agrees, and so he fires Charles. The menu delivery guy Boom fires him on the spot.
Speaker 2: Poor Jess, uh, well, well not poor Jess, poor.
Speaker 1: Charles, actually, poor Charles.
Speaker 3: Charles pors he got seven kids now three baby mamas, seven kids. Come on, somebody lying to you, Charles. Now Schmid is finally having coffee with that person he said he's gonna have coffee with and surprise, it's outside.
Speaker 1: Day, outside day. Also, this was one line in the in the script one and of course he's a genius.
Speaker 2: He can't uh.
Speaker 3: He tells Smith that you know that his friends have moved on, and just comes back and tells Nick that he was right. She got a man fired, and Winston ran over a lizard with his wheelchair. Life is happening really fast to these guys right now, you know. She joins Coach on the couch, and this is what I say. Another one of those moments where I'm like, Coach was just dropping like Damon was just dropping Damon isms all over the place, because I'm like, as they're eating, at one point, he drops noodles. I think he even says it, and I couldn't quite hear if he did it. Well, he said, I dropped someone, I dropped something.
Speaker 2: On my pan and he leans out to eat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was definitely not pitched or written. I'm gonna go on a limb.
Speaker 2: There, so so funny.
Speaker 1: Uh oh. And now Nick gets to be the coach.
Speaker 2: He's yeah, because now they're sitting there slumming it.
Speaker 3: They're just damon. At one point is pouring the soy sauce directly into his mouth. There he's calling it a food manah, like a Chinese food manage where he's sticking different foods in his mouth at the same time, very Montreal like. And then Schmid comes barging in obviously mm hmm, and he admits defeat.
Speaker 2: They won. He misses being there. Finally he said it, and Winston wheels in with toilet paper connected to his chair. M.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is so the things that happened to you in this episode. In the next episode are some real core Winston moments.
Speaker 2: M h.
Speaker 3: And I love how this one wraps up where Jes figures it out.
Speaker 2: Aha, she's got that aha moment.
Speaker 3: She knows how she's gonna cover these transportation costs to get these kids to the ocean.
Speaker 2: She uses the hot food delivery van to take all these badass kids to the water. Nick says it feels pretty good, making a.
Speaker 1: Difference in this line to I can't.
Speaker 3: So good, the fact that he wants to run. He runs towards the ocean. Coach chases after him. Winston tries to wheelchair in the sand and obviously falls over.
Speaker 2: And then Jess she gives Schmidt his keyback. Uh, he said that it's just a copy. He's got fifty at home.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, but we missed this one part. And it's my favorite thing when Jess when they with the student gives a hot dog hat to Jess and she's like, this really belongs to Nick because he made it happen. And the student goes, is that your dad? One of my favorite lines. Just destroy you in a moment. Someone asked me recently. They're like, oh my god, you still cut your own banks? Destroyed me in the moment.
Speaker 2: I was like, do you what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Like by that? This is terrible, but kind of terrible because you're asking and you're looking at him.
Speaker 2: You don't have to cut my banks. They just went away.
Speaker 1: God, God, all right. And of course this happens to you, by the way, multiple times on this show. Yeah, I think twice they've done this to you on this show, which is crazy. Never happened to the rest of us. But they tried to bury Winston alive in the sand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why's so strange? What are they?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was with you in the scene later on where they did it, and I remember it being tear. I was terrified for you. They like literally covered you in sandy, give you a straw to breathe out of. And I was like, what show are we making?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That one right there was insane.
Speaker 3: But that was like a makeshift sandbox at least yeah on stage, but still what it was weird?
Speaker 2: Come guys, I wouldn't do that. Now.
Speaker 3: I'm an NBA Award winner, so I don't uh fake couch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't do my own stunts anymore. Okay, let's go to break had it. When we come back, we're gonna messing around. Don't tell your husband and we are back. Babe, Yeah, babe. What is the topic of the day? Work it out? Right? You?
Speaker 1: I mean you really went on a big fitness journey. We're going to talk about your workout journey.
Speaker 2: So did you? So did you?
Speaker 1: So did I? And by the way, to the like my two little workout journeys are both because of you. This is like the domino effect of somebody being like, this feels really great to me. So you started working out at UP I see up up Ultimate Performance, And then so did my brother, so did my husband. Like you really like kickstarted because you showed results like it was really amazing, and then so did I. And then I was traveling and a bunch of things whatever, and then I was like, I need a trainer, another trainer, and then I met Hannah Joy through you, who is a sick trainer. And that, although came from you like doing the work, came from like a real place right where you're like I need to turn this whole thing around. Yep, and it had a real big impact on your physical and mental health.
Speaker 2: You're just a lot more pissed off and angry every day.
Speaker 1: But besides that, Eddie can take it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, like.
Speaker 1: He gives it to he's the best.
Speaker 2: O yea, yeah, yeah, yeah he's He's a really funny meathead.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Eduardo little Romanian lit Romanian asshole. So what's the craziest fitness crazy you've tried? That that? This is it? This is what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: That's the craziest one.
Speaker 1: That really intense, but it's really great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've gotten results. I've dropped forty pounds in four months.
Speaker 3: You know, which is which I feel like I could have done more because there are different parts.
Speaker 2: There are different moments in that where I was being lazy and not necessarily following the exact caloric deficit diet.
Speaker 3: But you know, I really you know, at one point I just went like insanely focused, and so I went from yeah, I went from about one ninety five to about one fifty five.
Speaker 2: Something like that. Yeah, something something in that ballpark.
Speaker 1: And grew strong, like they're all about strength.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, yeah, I could punch a hole through the wall, but when I do, my hand hurts the knuckles.
Speaker 2: It's the knuckles. Okay.
Speaker 3: Chinese food New York versus LA, who has the best Chinese food?
Speaker 1: I've never really had Chinese food in New York. So I feel like you could answer this probably better than me.
Speaker 3: I feel like Chinese food in New York was popular in the eighties in the nineties for some reason. I always feel like when you watch movies that took place in New York in the eighties, and nineties, people were eating Chinese food.
Speaker 1: They people will say, everybody who's in New York, drop as the spots for the best Chinese food in New York. La, drop us the spots because I'd like to know. I love Chinese food.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go ahead and say New York because New York has some of the best food in the world. You know, at different cultures of people.
Speaker 1: You know, LA is going to fight you.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I don't care. I live here, and let me tell you something, La, Are you used to me for real?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: It's a very bougie food scene.
Speaker 3: I mean, the food is good when you go to like these like these incredible chefs that like do incredible things and they open up a shop that a store that is so bougie that you can't really get into it. And you got to like know a person who knows a person who knows a person. But in New York, I feel like you can get the best damn sandwich out of bodega on the corner.
Speaker 2: But in LA, it's like a laud the block. Oh my god, so bougie.
Speaker 3: They know LA knows y'all know how boogie y'all get you know, I've been here sixteen years.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you something. When they go, oh, this new restaurant opened.
Speaker 1: And screeching under your feet, stand up.
Speaker 3: I don't give a damn no matter, no matter what I've achieved in my life, they still treat you in some of these restaurants like a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just gonna say there is.
Speaker 1: A look of like who are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, new restaurant open. They did that to me last night, literally last night. And I love going to this place, Chateau Marma. I love going to Chateau I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: And we had the GQ Men of the Year party yesterday and so me and a buddy we leave the party and we want to go have a drink next door. As Chat told my mom, the guy is just like sorry. He didn't even he didn't even let me like he didn't care. I just walked up and I was like, He's like, sorry, reservations only. And I'm looking at him one like, how you know I don't have a reservation And I said and I was like, oh no, we just want to go to the bar and hamm a drink. He's like, yeah, sorry, it's just it's reservation only. And then Hoparazzi comes up take pictures. They asked me for a little autograph situation, go boom, boom boom, and he was still just kind of like he just walked away, and I said, hey, man, we just want to get a drink.
Speaker 2: He's like, heyho you with.
Speaker 3: So I got my buddy and he was like yes him, yeah, yeah, you're fine.
Speaker 2: I was like, what in the Hollywood was that?
Speaker 1: All right? You guys? Menus? I wonder if Chatteau delivers menus menus, menus menus. What a great, funny, weird episode. We got to see the love story of the boys trying to work out. We watched a Bay b story flip to an A story, a Bay story, if you will, base. It was a good one and by Trent. That's why it's also like Trent Matt Alex like the Powerhouses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for listening, Thank you for listening for sure.
Speaker 3: Please please follow us on ig at the mess Around Pod and as always, the way back next week with episode three oh nine, Longest Night Ever.
Speaker 2: Peace.
Speaker 3: That was the Mess Around. This has been an iHeartMedia production. Our executive producer is Joel Monique. Our engineer and editor is Mia Taylor. Additional production from Daniel Goodman, Wendy Heisler, and Kyle Shevron. Our theme song was written and composed by Ronald Jukebox Jackson. So We're gonna catch you next time.
Speaker 2: Bye,