Speaker 1: Hey, you made it to the podcast. Welcome and we try a thing in December, Yeah, we did write what we do Alexis. We started putting awkward Tuesdays on a Sunday totally makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah a day, and we asked you do you like it?
Speaker 1: Do you want us to keep doing it? Overwhelmingly people commented on our Spotify page that yes, please keep doing up. Definitely keep it up. I could binge this all day, and one person even said this is pretty mid. Yes, say I love a pretty mid.
Speaker 2: Guys, jem.
Speaker 1: So listen, you're stuck with your awkward Tuesdays on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you want to hear a full.
Speaker 1: Hour of our show, we do a brand new show every day Monday through Friday. Just go to the Brick and Jeffrey main feed. But for now, let's make things a little weird and get awkward.
Speaker 3: They say no good deed goes unpunished. Well, one of our listeners tried a good deed to help out his old high school crush, and now he thinks he may have ruined it forever.
Speaker 2: Oh who, that's why it's Brooke and Jeffrey to the rescue.
Speaker 3: Can we swoop in and save him from the bonehead mistake he made while driving a bakery store delivery truck. Once you hear it, you'll understand why his old crush is so.
Speaker 2: Angry at him. In your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call. Right now, it's awkward. It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: What I love about classic Hallmark movies is how realistic and relatable they are.
Speaker 1: Oh totally, Because.
Speaker 3: Who hasn't taken a trip to a small town and fallen in love with the hunky widower who runs the local reindeer phone.
Speaker 1: All the innkeepers I know, yeah yeah, and all the businesses going out of business, Yeah yeah, but they're all ripped too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're in touch with nature, but in between dumbbell curls, they will take a pause to connect.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you as someone from an actual small town. So many hotties.
Speaker 2: Just so realistic, relatable.
Speaker 3: We've all been there, at least in our minds, But one of our listeners has literally been there, because he describes his life as a failed Hallmark film and needs our help on finally getting his happy ending.
Speaker 2: So let's talk to Dave. Dave, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, how's it going, Dave?
Speaker 1: If you don't have a six pack or at least a four pack, hang up, you should make that role all I got.
Speaker 2: He's got an eight pack?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, we will accept you into our arms and try and help you out. But you mentioned that your life isn't going quite the way that you thought it was going to be going.
Speaker 2: Tell us about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, at least in this aspect of it. Like, so, there's this girl that I used to have a crush on in high school.
Speaker 2: What's her name?
Speaker 4: Her name is Chloe, which I think is such a such a pretty name.
Speaker 2: Oh, you still have a.
Speaker 4: This was back when I was like really dorky, So I like didn't really do anything about it in high school. Okay, But then years later, like more recently, I randomly run into her on a ski trip and we hit it off. We're like racing each other down the slope.
Speaker 2: Wait, did you recognize her immediately right away?
Speaker 4: And you know, I took her a second to recognize me because I look a lot different. She was like, wait, day from high school?
Speaker 2: She remember your name too? That's good. I don't wow these names ever.
Speaker 1: So oh wow, Right, on the ski slope that is very hallmarky.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we got to talking and it turns out she's still in our hometown and she like owns a bakery there, which is extremely charming.
Speaker 1: Oliche Oh my god, is she gonna get frosting on her face and you're gonna have to wipe it off and then kiss her? That is actually adorable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like the perfect meet cute. You know, it's like all happening organically.
Speaker 2: Were another meetup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I told her that I'm actually going back home to our hometown for the holidays to see my folks. Okay, so it's a couple of weeks later, I go to the bakery. She's there. It's the energy is just like before. But I asked out for dinner. She said yes, and so we go out and I can tell she's like really stressed out at dinner.
Speaker 1: She's stressed.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, I was wondering if she was nervous or whatever. But then she tells me that her delivery driver quit, so she has all these orders to fulfill and she can't physically do it.
Speaker 2: You jumped in and saved the day.
Speaker 4: So I told her, I was like, I can drive the truck for you. I've got nothing else to do. I'm just like hanging out with my family.
Speaker 1: So does she take you up on it?
Speaker 4: Yees? Oh, she let me help and she's really grateful for the offer. And we did kiss that night.
Speaker 1: And then you've got to spend days with each other because now you're helping her out at the bakery.
Speaker 2: Although you're not supposed to kiss the people that you work for. Yeah, also, how much did she paying?
Speaker 1: That's not necessarily true, Jeff, I've kissed a lot of people I worked with.
Speaker 4: No, I mean that's generally the rule. But yeah, it's like kind of a different situation. Right, So, like I show up in the morning really early, I get the truck, and I'm doing deliveries for her, and it's like, actually fun. I'm driving around just like dropping off make goods to people that people are really happy.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: So you're spreading joy, You're making her happy. Everything sounds whimsical. Yeah, nothing sounds awkward to this. It sounds beautiful.
Speaker 4: Well, there's this big hill in our hometown and it's just like notorious kind of hit and I should have known better, but I parked on the hill and I don't think I put the parking brake on or the parking grate was faulty, but it doesn't matter. Like it rolled.
Speaker 2: Down, you crashed her van.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wasn't even in it, you know, it.
Speaker 5: Just rolled out.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, no.
Speaker 4: It just hit this big cement wall.
Speaker 1: You guys can't take on expenses like that.
Speaker 2: How did Chloe react when you told her?
Speaker 4: Uh? She couldn't believe it. It was such a like massive I mean, like disappointment for her because I'm like, I offered to help out and then I messed it up. I feel like terrible, And you know, I offered to like pay for damages to the truck and everything, but.
Speaker 2: You don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: It's been a few weeks, and yeah, she's not talking to me, so I know this is an awkward conversation to have, but you know, I'm trying to convince her to forgive my mistake, give me a second chance, just seeing each other again, like at least like one more time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, what was the last thing she said to you?
Speaker 4: Well, honestly, I'm not sure if I can say it on the radio because there were a lot of words that probably wouldn't be okay for the radio.
Speaker 3: Let's try one of them. Let's see how it goes. Just say one, okay.
Speaker 4: The good thing is.
Speaker 3: You haven't talked to her since, so hopefully she's had some time to calm down and process that.
Speaker 1: I just say, get the dumb button ready, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fireworks might happen when we come back and try and call the girl you used to have a crush on in high school and tell her, hey, sorry for crashing your bakery delivery truck into a cement wall.
Speaker 2: You want to hang out sometimes, but you're calm.
Speaker 3: Now right, We're going to do it with your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 2: It's awkward.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward.
Speaker 3: To Today, we're dealing with the case of Hallmark movie gone wrong, featuring our listener Dave with his chiseled eight pack, who ran into his old high school crush well on a ski trip. Recently, they reconnected and he found out she worked at a bakery back in their hometown.
Speaker 2: Which we laughed because that's like.
Speaker 3: Literally a Hallmark and she didn't have a delivery driver to fill all of her orders.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he quit days before Christmas.
Speaker 3: So Dave boldly volunteered to step in and accidentally crashed her delivery truck into a cement wall, ruining not just the orders.
Speaker 2: But their chance at a true hallmark love.
Speaker 1: In his defensee when it crashed her business, Jeff, that's the whole business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mentioned he ruined the orders. Yeah, probably a little bit more than that.
Speaker 3: If you want to find the sad part about it, we can really focus in on that. But the thing is now he wants our help to make things right with Chloe, just needs a little bit of advice on how to get back into her good graces.
Speaker 2: So Brooke and Jose, what do you guys think?
Speaker 1: Wait, have you talked to her since she was you know, cussing and super in the moment.
Speaker 4: I've only been texting, but we haven't actually gotten on the phone to talk.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is your first opportunity for a real apology, like a calm one after the emotions have died down. You need to just tell her how sorry you are.
Speaker 2: And if you know, you already offer to pay for a van.
Speaker 1: What you need to do is if she doesn't take you up on that again, then you say, all right, I've got to make this right please let me take you skiing. Bam, suddenly you're on a date together on the Skei Hill.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then offer to pay for like six more vans.
Speaker 3: All right, So Brooks advice, like it always is, is have the man apologize.
Speaker 2: But maybe crash the van. It's always the guy's fault. So what do you think, Dave?
Speaker 4: That? Yeah? Yeah, that helpful. I mean, now that the emotions have died down a little bit, if I say sorry, now, you know, maybe it'll resonate with her a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you can't just say it, you have to sound it. Yeah, well you are sorry, so we're always yeah. Oh, then what was the advice?
Speaker 1: That's the advice, Just be sincere. Apologize to this advice right here, try to make it up to her.
Speaker 2: There's no trick to this. One's end it with that. That's gonna be a nice touch.
Speaker 3: All right, and then Brooke will offer to pay for the truck if it goes well, So here we go. I'm gonna dial Chloe's number and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call. All right, all right, well jump in and feel like you need a little bit of help.
Speaker 2: But here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello, Chloe. Hey, it's Dave.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, what do you want.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's really good to hear your voice. You know, I know I've I've apologized before, but I just wanted to say again how sorry I am for everything that happened. And I just wanted to check in with you and see how you're doing.
Speaker 5: You know, you mean, since you've crashed my delivererty truck and through a giant wrench in my business. I'm doing great, Dave, I'm doing so great.
Speaker 2: You're great.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that's actually really really good.
Speaker 5: To hear being sarcastic. Why are you calling me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Look, I just need to know how I can make it up to you. Like, you know, I offer to pay for the truck even though the accident accident wasn't one hundred percent my fault, I think not.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm sorry it wasn't your fault. You crashed my truck.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, but that could have happened to anybody. I mean, the truck seemed like.
Speaker 5: No because after it happened, you then ate all of the cupcakes from one of the orders.
Speaker 4: Okay, well they weren't going to get there in time, and I'm like, not going to wait forever for the cops to show up. I was hungry. That was the only thing around it.
Speaker 2: The product, Dave.
Speaker 5: Do you realize I had to rebake the entire order.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm just letting you know, like, regardless of who ate what, I've.
Speaker 5: Got a question of who it is you that ate everything.
Speaker 4: Look, this has affected me just as much as you. I mean, I've been going to therapy to like cope with my feelings about you.
Speaker 5: Told me you went out to the desert and did ayahuasca for q days.
Speaker 4: It was just soul searching. You know, it's the kind of therapy.
Speaker 5: It's not therapy. It's doing drugs.
Speaker 1: Dave.
Speaker 4: Okay, this isn't going like I thought it was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you think I don't really know what your purpose is of calling me.
Speaker 4: Well, I've been doing a lot of work on myself, obviously, and I think I'm doing better. And I'm just wondering if there's any chance you'll get over it and we can we can go out again.
Speaker 3: I'll take You'll get.
Speaker 5: Wow, what's going on?
Speaker 1: We just witnessed the worst apology we may have everard.
Speaker 3: There was some apologies in there, but Chloe, you're you're on the radio right now with a show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is a segment that we do. It's called the Awkward Tuesday phone Call, which it's.
Speaker 5: Like, it can't get worse, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 1: Could like free promotion for your bakery business, So that's good.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not good at these things. I really needed help, but I don't know we could tell.
Speaker 2: So look, Chloe, we're trying to help Dave.
Speaker 3: Make his apology sound more sincere because he really does feel bad.
Speaker 1: And it's so crazy, Chloe, because when he talked to us before we called you, he was so sincere and so just regretful of what had happened, and he felt like an idiot and he wished he could take it back.
Speaker 2: He also didn't mention the cupcakes. Yeah, yeah, that har was new to us. We didn't hear about that.
Speaker 4: You ate the product, bro Listen, the cupcakes were like not an important part of it, you know. The van obviously was the main thing. And the main main thing is that I feel really really bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you feel bad because you're coming down off of your ayahuasca trip. Look, we didn't realize that this was the scenario, Chloe.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there's more layers than we knew.
Speaker 3: Clearly we missed some parts. He absolutely did screw up. He is very sorry.
Speaker 2: Is there any chance that maybe you're being just.
Speaker 3: Like a little bit harsh with the judgment because I'm just saying, maybe I want to hear from Chloe.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not. I'm assuming that he probably failed to mention that he was two hours late start delivery. And also he smelled like rum oh.
Speaker 1: The cake.
Speaker 4: No, that was just.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see, Captain Morgan's that's the one you got.
Speaker 4: I was on vacation and I like offered to show up, and honestly, she's lucky I like agreed to deliver for her at all.
Speaker 1: See Okay, listen, listen. I think this is where you both went wrong. You shouldn't have mixed love and business. If you would have never volunteered, none of this bad stuff would have happened.
Speaker 2: That's actually a really good point, Brooke.
Speaker 3: Never ask anybody you know personally to help you during the holidays.
Speaker 5: I have to help me. I offered to pay him, and he made me pay him up front.
Speaker 4: Was wait here okay, but she didn't tip me. You crushed the car and.
Speaker 3: Hate the cupcake, and you made it sound like this whole thing was out of like generosity and the kindness of your heart.
Speaker 2: You didn't say that you were getting paid to do this.
Speaker 1: A side job while you're home for the cup cake Swimmler came back.
Speaker 4: I mean it was minimum wage. I didn't ask for anything more than that, and I thought it would be weird if she didn't pay.
Speaker 1: You didn't need to deserve that much money, Dave.
Speaker 3: You probably need to honestly give this a little bit more time before you start asking for forgiveness.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think that he just needs to be done. They're done.
Speaker 2: I say give it a few years.
Speaker 3: Check in with her, Chloe, when would you like him to check back in with you to see if you'll forgive him.
Speaker 5: He can lose my number completely. I'm not interested in seeing Dave ever again.
Speaker 1: I think he just got banned from a cupcake shop.
Speaker 2: The bakery title, yeah, probably.
Speaker 3: The only bakery in that whole town too for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, there was one thing that that I haven't said yet, which I was hoping would be like an exciting piece of news. But I lost my job in the city just last week, so I'm I'm moving back home.
Speaker 2: Actually shocking time, Chloe. He needs the place to live, can live with you.
Speaker 5: I'm hanging up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, Well, happy holidays yeah.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.