Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 4: Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison and new he scrugs.
Speaker 5: Here we go, Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: It's a Monday, and it is a Monday where you can overreact. It's Monday. We can be frustrateds some Monday we can be a whole lot of ways. The Cowboys are now second place in the nfc EA's with a ten and full record after getting a blittery thirty one and ten in Buffalo. Players Lones brought to you by Tostinos. Got heck Ma Harrison is here, Danny McCrae's here, Barry Church is out this week doing things and uh in his favorite place, Mayor Christmaston Church Family.
Speaker 2: Family time.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you don't have to be here, you know, to deal with this foolishness that we have to watch yesterday. But you know we're talking about it like that, man, it was foolishness.
Speaker 6: Two hundred and sixty six yards of Russia, yes sir. That's that is the top story for me. The second thing is the penalties.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 6: They're the most penalized team the National Football League. It has stopped the penalties. They had extended drives. They were good yesterday Buffalo was they were good and you gave them, you know, gave more opportunities and they beat you solidly.
Speaker 5: This was a cream puff. Just beat them down.
Speaker 2: Beat.
Speaker 6: It was like Bud Crawford and we're gonna beat you up, beat you up, beat you up, send you home, beat up. And there's nothing that you can say, in my opinion, to make this thing look good.
Speaker 5: It was bad.
Speaker 7: It's bad, man, Daddy, Come on, man, it's gonna give me. You're gonna give me first hour. You're gonna let me get you know what you no lies told and everything that you said you started off last week when we went to what were our issues in this matchup, and that knew way you started with penalties. You didn't even talk about what you thought maybe our ace and a hole to get a win. It was we got to stop the penalties, and finally we saw on three particular drives, penalties extend drives and get us down twenty one to three in the first half. We dug we did ourselves no service in that matter. As far as the penalties, and it seems to be the same guys around the penalty.
Speaker 2: Flat every time.
Speaker 7: It's just it's crazy how that happens. Right, never in the accident, but always around the accident. Right, So call them kas of sat You a usual suspect, find you the It just happens that I don't know how, you know, but every time there's trouble, you get near it, and you know, I tell you what, man, you start to ask your self questions about this defense. And that's what for me that was the most shocking thing. The defense, not making tackles, defense making bonehead plays. The same thing that you were talking about last week, as far as the te stunts and the way that you played, and not leaving those gaping holes and on the back end open for running backs to run through. You go into the buffalo and you do the exact thing that you knew last.
Speaker 2: Week would get you beat. You do it this week.
Speaker 7: And we talked a lot about James Cook, and I don't think a lot of people really knew about James Cook, but you know his name now and it was gonna be on our linebackers. What were our linebackers gonna do? And Danny, I can't wait to hear you your take on guys that Marquis Bell and DeMont Clark because we knew that they were gonna have their work cutout for them.
Speaker 2: Set now, but you knew they were gonna have.
Speaker 7: Their work cutout for them, and you saw Buffalo game plan to put our linebackers in bad positions, and they did it the entire game. Yeah, it was a very tough game to watch and even even more difficult to rewatch from the end zone perspective, right because as I'm watching the game, I'm thinking, man, it's D line is struggling, like okay, because that's naturally when somebody's running the ball against you like that, and how the Cowboys have been set up? Right, you go draft the guy in the first round. D line has been struggling. We're trying to figure out a way to stap the stop the San Francisco type running attack.
Speaker 2: And you say, okay, man, a D line just not showing up.
Speaker 7: And then you go watch the ultimately two you watch from the en zone view and you say, wait, hold on, you know they like they didn't play great, But I'm looking at the linebackers in the safeties of hey, man, are we a gap sound defense? Because we like, As I'm watching it, I'm saying, all right, maybe we got bullied. Right, that's the thing, man. They came out here and they just ran up and down, up, up and down the field. They bullied you, right, you couldn't hold point whatever. And I'm watching the tape and I'm like, no, we just we're out of position so many times. The same problems that we had against San Francisco, pulling guards, pulling tackles, we're laid on reading those. Right, You're having two guys in the same gap multiple times. He if the guard pools, the A gap moves right. So now if you don't go over the top, it's two guys in the A gap and on the opposite side of the ball. You don't have enough. And you saw it over and over and over again. First quarter. They ran to the bubble the entire first quarter, which is where you have the B gap open. For those who don't know what the bubble is, they just continue just running straight to the bubble. Every time one four was over there. Michael Parsons over. It didn't matter. It just continue running to the bubble. And then dan Quinn tried to make some adjustments, and then they figured out a way to run away from the bubble to the bubble. They just started pulling guards and tackles and we couldn't find a way to fit it. And I think, to me, that was the story of the game for the defense. It was, hey, man, if you're not gonna show us that you figured out how to stop what San Francisco did to you, we're gonna come in here. We're just gonna make sure we do it over and over and over again. And all through the week, I talked to you all about Joe Brady right and calling this offense. Now he wants to run the football, and I just went back and I'm like, you know what, I remember watch LSU in twenty nineteen. I remember why Clyde it was Hilaire got drafted in the first round because he found ways to utilize this guy running the football and out of the backfield. And now you got Cook out here who's doing the exact same thing. That is the story of this defense. Safeties didn't play well. Linebackers did not play well, you didn't even give your secondary a chance to get out there and make any plays because they didn't have to. This is the second time we giving up two hundred yards rushing, Like we are building the team to stop teams like this in San Francisco from being able to put us out of the playoff race, and that game right there just makes you feel like we're not any not even a step closer to being able to handle that, specifically on the road.
Speaker 6: So San Francisco one hundred and seventy yards of rushing on the Cowboys, Arizona two hundred and twenty two yards of rushing on the Cowboys in Buffalo two hundred and sixty six yards. If you want to beat the Cowboys, do what you said run to just run right there, So that's one thing, and then watch them commit a bunch of penalties and shoot themselves in the foot there.
Speaker 7: And you saw, you know last weekend, you saw Nick Bosa in front of his locker telling Cowboy fans like, hey, you want to beat Philly, We're giving you the blueprint on how to do it. Nobody from Buffalo went out and said that, But like you just said, they're showing you they're giving you a blueprint on this is how you do it. In the same theme in that San Francisco game, same thing in an Arizona game is blockers being able to get to the second level our defensive line. Look, I don't know how big the Hankins injury is, but it looks significant yesterday. With the way that Monsie Smith was playing in the middle, we just we couldn't find an answer to them in the running game. Whether it's the bubble, whether it's the tackle coming all the way back backside and cracking back on these guys.
Speaker 2: They couldn't figure it out. And for some reason we.
Speaker 7: Dan Quinn has gotten away with it with playing Marquise Bell out of position because, look, he's a lot faster than people giving credit for it, and he can just kind of run around the block. But when he has pressure on him, there is nothing he can do. And Damon Clark, to me, it's like I never looked at him as being undersides. I know he's a big guy, but when you're just getting scooped out of the middle, you just getting scooped out of the middle. You're not giving yourself an opportunity either. But I just got to say, like when I see like a Jirrunk curse, there's a play James James Cook is coming to basically to that side, basically scream scream to that side, are basically sweep to the to the white side, and you see durrun curse, jerrun curse coming up. But at the same time he takes a bad angle. And you see that multiple times when you one on one safety with a running back, and that's going to open the flood gates every time. And like those are things that I'm one to you and asking like maybe Dad Quince schematically may be wrong, but he can't be drawing it up that bad where you have an opportunity to get to stop and you just take a bad angle over and over and over again. No, I'm telling you it's it's guys not being gap sound and I'm not I don't want to take anything because I don't know exactly how it is right, but I know if you're playing to run as a defender right, and dan Quinn's scheme may be okay, the first player that gets there has to hammer, which is they have to knock it back in and they have to make sure the ball doesn't get outside and outside, essentially setting the edge. Now, if the guy that's coming in to make the tackle on the inside is expecting you to set the edge and you don't, your angle is bad because now it has to change from you going inside shoulder to now having a bubble around to go outside. And you watch that film, it happened over and over and over again. We're talking about where somebody expected for you to hammer the ball back in and you were coming into the sea gap and then they stick their head in the sea gap. Now you have to try to replace it to the de gap is gone right, or or somebody's crack blocking you on your outside shoulder. You're supposed to stay inside of it with fight, but you stick your head on the outside. Now, now the sea gaps open and it's over and over and over again. If you cut the fens, I'm telling you, it is all over the tape. Great thing about it is, okay, there's a there's a chance for you to say, all right, all week, we're just gonna focus on run fence, because that is what killed us in this game. Horrible thing about it is you've been dealing with this for years and you haven't figured out a way to handle teams that are going to make sure that you are sound when you're pulling guards and pulling tackles. The problem that I seen with Dimont Clark and Marquis Bell is they just late. So Mark you, I won't say he's undersized, but if you're late in the in the a lineman has a chance to get in position and you're still trying to figure out where you're supposed to be at, you're gonna look like that all the time.
Speaker 2: You can't, can't, you can't be right. I'm seeing them.
Speaker 7: I'm seeing them dropping in the past, drops when it's a pulling guard and you're supposed to be going to the other side of the formation. Like that's how That's how off.
Speaker 2: They were in this game.
Speaker 7: And hopefully you can get that fixed because you got Miami and you got Detroit. And what we know about both of these teams is they can run the football. They can run the football and oh yeah, by the way, in the playoffs, you're gonna play teams possibly on the road they're specialized in running the football.
Speaker 2: So I mean, yeah, you got some work to do, man, got some work to do.
Speaker 5: Moster e cheam coming up in the South Florida. Yeah. Yeah, it's a problem. Is it is a big problem.
Speaker 6: Coach Soul came from that Shanahan tree, so he's going to run the ball. They're committed to running the ball, and they have speed on the outside.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys have questions.
Speaker 6: They've got to get answered, and they've got to get some answers real quick, because getting on the plane to go down to South Florida on Christmas Eve is coming up real quick. By the way, we were all wrong about this game except Barry Church.
Speaker 2: And this is the day he's not here to glow about it, which is.
Speaker 6: Pick the Bills twenty eight to twenty four. I went Dallas twenty four to twenty three. Heckman, you went seventeen fourteen, Danny, you went Dallas twenty four to twenty one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, yeah, man.
Speaker 7: One thing about when he pick against the Cowboys, he usually be right.
Speaker 2: It's logic.
Speaker 5: It's logical.
Speaker 6: And you know, so when we left, when we left here, that was that was when I got the whole weather change.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be raining. I'm like, oh oh, because we were already off.
Speaker 6: There was it was in the media match that they were just in the locker room talking to the Bucky and about how he's got all the gear changing everything. It's like they it's going to be bad, Like oh boy, oh boy.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 7: Was it bad? From from watching it were like on TV? It just it didn't look bad like the Carolina, not at the start.
Speaker 6: But then once they you know, once they they put it in the second quarter started coming down and then it was just okay, you can't throw, you're behind, you can't throw. We know you have to throw. Its rainy, and it just it just wasn't fitting it. And look they it was. This was the the while. It wasn't the cold cold Buffalo wanted. This was just good. You know it's it's rainy weather. We got you down. You're shooting yourself in the foot. You can't stop the money we got you on the road.
Speaker 5: And and I.
Speaker 6: Don't know about you guys, but I felt like once that that third the personal file ledge was touched on it. They not only can you not beat them, you out here beating yourself. This is done, This is right, This is just done. You can't beat them and you're helping them.
Speaker 5: You can't win like this. It's for me, it's frustrating, just frustrating and and dog going it.
Speaker 2: Man, you know you was upset with Sam. Come on, come on, you was upset with Sam.
Speaker 5: But I think I think we're talking about the same name.
Speaker 2: But listen, but.
Speaker 7: Before we get the special teams, like, I just want to we all did sit in here, Okay, I think all of us did, or most of us. I'm not sure who didn't, and we said, hey, listen, the key to to victory in this game is you want to make sure that you put everything on Josh Allen. All Right, make Josh Allen beat you with his arm or whatever it is. Make sure it's Josh Allen. If you don't, this is the type of game you're gonna have. If you let these dudes come in here and run the football against you, you're going to have a very long day.
Speaker 2: Well, it definitely wasn't on Josh Allen because he was seven for fifty.
Speaker 7: Got the game ball, got the game ball, dude, go out there and river for one seventy. You get a game out to the quarterback? Yeah you sure what he said?
Speaker 2: What he said? Listen on the video.
Speaker 5: It was like I felt like I passed it, got an A on a test. How didn't do nothing.
Speaker 2: He telling the truth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why would you do?
Speaker 6: I didn't do anything to day. I just handed it off ran a couple of times, you know, I mean it was easy for him. This It was basically a laughers what joshaid, it was a laugher. And you know what, I'm fooled again.
Speaker 5: That's my fault. Fooled again, fooled again. I went back here to the sheet of integrity, back here.
Speaker 6: At the beginning of the year, I had as a loss, I had this, I had you know what, and this, This is what I had going down.
Speaker 5: I had a win against Philly. Then I had a loss at Buffalo.
Speaker 6: Then I had a loss at Miami, had a win against Washington and a win against the Detrouge. So I mean, right there, man, right there, I had to two l's had twelves.
Speaker 7: Man, I got to sit eleven and five, right, No, that's you must have six eleven and six. I had twelve and five, I think.
Speaker 5: And originally you went twelve and five.
Speaker 2: And then and then I think I switched that up.
Speaker 6: So originally you went twelve and five, hect whan you went thirteen and four and then Church and I were sitting here at ten and seven. That's what originally when the schedulings came out, that's what we were sitting at here. And then I had changed I changed mind to think I went twelve and five.
Speaker 5: But this this this game.
Speaker 6: The thoughts that I had before I should have stayed with it, which was this is a tough place to play. And then we went off there when I found when I heard about the rain, I was like, man, this is bad because this is it just it just didn't I didn't like that sense of just the elements because they like to throw.
Speaker 5: They're throwing team.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well they did the same thing in Philadelphia, and look at the games that they played against Philly. It was a wet, rainy game and they still had a commitment to try and throw the ball. They tried to go with James Cook, and Philly did a better job of stopping James Cook than obviously we did. They didn't have to, they didn't have to change that game plan because of the weather. They had already saw Brady your what Brady the office coordinat he was just checking off, like, oh, y'all not stopping that backside check, y'all not stopping this outside run check.
Speaker 2: Oh oh you're not. You're not getting any help over here for number four to check.
Speaker 7: And as the game started to go, you just you started seeing certain things that they were doing where here get they're getting to the second level when nobody's evening them. He's getting he's getting on that last on that last TV run by James, the ugly one, the ugly one that that was like, that was the whole game in one play. We could do nothing, changing directions, head back the other way. There was nothing that we could do about them. And I'm telling you it's like one of those games that I'm sure that nobody is wanting to sit in film study and see that. Well you better, all right, you better. You know that's a bad place to be. You better cut that film on and say, hey, this is what happens when you do that.
Speaker 2: Stand in your gap. This is what happens when you are not gap sound.
Speaker 7: It makes it look like you and I think got punched in them out and essentially to me, you are just out of position, like you are not playing discipline football. As far as hey man, we gotta we have to earn the right to rush the passer. It looks like you are past rushing on rundown. You know that they want to run the ball. They got one hundred and fifty on you already.
Speaker 2: And gods to run the right by the right back.
Speaker 7: Ain't no more pass rush. Like it's over, It's no more pass rush. So I just put your head in your gap and make sure that the ball comes to you. You there to make the play. They just couldn't figure out a way to get that done, which is like, are you just hard hited or it's something that you're just not gonna be able to change, because if not, you're finna have a rough next next two games.
Speaker 2: Because the two teams that.
Speaker 7: You were about to play specialize, okay, and being able to run the football, and they both got two big time weapons to be able to do it both up Man got two, but Detroit got too.
Speaker 2: They got Gibbs in Montgomery. Yeah, they don't run the ball.
Speaker 7: Oh oh, by the way, they also have a top five receivers on each one of those squads. Yes, Oh, and don't forget the tight end. I mean, I mean easier you just like I understand you saying, hey man, you feel a way about it because the weather and how it may be. No, I did not expect us to come out and give up two hundred yards plus rushing and one seventy plus the one player. Yeah, the offense could come out and be a little shaky, but then I'm figuring, okay, both teams are trying to step up on defense and play play a little bit better. I never would have expected our defense to come out and get that type of running performance up to.
Speaker 2: Cook, we trusted him.
Speaker 7: I know, I still trust dan Quinn, but I mean, goodness, that like that, that's something that you we've been trying to figure it out. That's trust, right, that's trust right there, you you dug ya. I mean, listen, listen. The percentage of games that the defense is played, well, it's still higher the percentage that they've not been able to play as well. Even in the playoffs, we haven't played. Blamed it on the defense not being able to do something against the forty nine ers. We're like, hey, where's the offense at this time? You hold the forty nine ers to twenty one twenty four points, you assume that this is still going to be a close game because the defense kept you in it. So I'm still gonna trust dan Quinn in that aspect of like he it hasn't. It hasn't been the reason that we came out of it saying, oh man, well yeah, we don't have no shot. It's it's the other side of the ball. Who've I've been looking at and saying, Okay, in the big time games, we need Dag and Tony Pollard and the cd lam to be able to show up in those situations and make those big time plays.
Speaker 2: So I still trust them. But it was that's a it's a it's a rough go man.
Speaker 7: Two hundred plus rushing man multiple times in the season and then a little under two hundred against US A Frand you're trending, he's trending, and you look at the games that you just said it the games that we lost is a common theme there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, runner, let's take a break.
Speaker 5: Let's take a break.
Speaker 2: Let's do it now. We get special teams and all of that, and.
Speaker 6: Dak Prescott the MVP race, let's get some thoughts on that. We go with Hector Harrison, dam M Craham.
Speaker 2: Here we go plays LUTs by You by.
Speaker 5: Tostitos right now Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 5: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 4: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 2: That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 5: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 7: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and SMOOTHI King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowl unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 3: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, And there's no eye in how about them Cowboys? Smeirenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 5: Home or away.
Speaker 3: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back back to the players.
Speaker 7: Loude Tims the season for youth football and dance camps presented by in Visit Line. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and former NFL players at at and T Stadium on December twenty second and twenty third. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. Register today at dallascowboys dot com slash camps.
Speaker 5: All right, is your time of the year, Daddy Craig Camp time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, Friday Saturday, we ready, were ready. It's gonna be full too.
Speaker 5: Did you send it? Send a message out of by pickup time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be multiple emails going out.
Speaker 7: All right, I gotta go Christma shopping after the camp, So make sure you come get your kids. But if you don't, I still be there because you know, I'm a responsible human being and I want to make sure that your kids get home safely.
Speaker 2: So, man, it is what it is, but I would prefer you come get them on time.
Speaker 7: Don't go to brush man, don't go to brunch runs over at three. They sent you to close your tail out into forty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go to a brunch place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've done it.
Speaker 6: Too, done it too, Dak Prescott tw they one to thirty four, one thirty four yards and interception touchdown passes yesterday as the Cowboys go down thirty one to ten in Buffalo. There now in second place with a ten and four mark. Philadelphia takes on Seattle tonight on Monday Night Football.
Speaker 2: I'm on Seattle.
Speaker 6: Brock Party with a nice day for the forty nine ers. Christian McCaffrey the next day for the forty nine ers. So Dak Prescott's MVP candidacy took a massive hit yesterday.
Speaker 5: Massive hit.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, Are you a correct You are already on the Christian McCaffrey train about it? Okay?
Speaker 7: And what he did yesterday? No, listen, but we, like I said, we know it's a quarterback driven you know whatever. That performance definitely didn't help, didn't help. Massive hit. But that's the thing about the NFL. You go out here and you do it against Miami, you do it against Detroit, then you're right back in because Brock Party have a bad game or Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: It's fluid, that's it.
Speaker 7: You go. So he has and he has an opportunity to still go out there and do what he needs to do. But to me, that's the least of your words at this At this you need to figure out how to finish the month out strong, the season out strong, because at this point where you five seed looking at going on going on the road again.
Speaker 2: Probably twice back to back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like you need to figure out a way to make sure that your team is going to show up on the road and be able to play because you put yourself in position to have to go on the road to win the playoff game, multiple playoff games, probably throughout whatever run you plan on making to get to where HECMA. He just can't stop saying it. Man, you don't worry, it'll stop coming up and stop saying it. But yeah, know that is rough, But I still think he's I think he has a shot. Like this is the Dallas Cowboys is gonna be primetime football. You're gonna get two more opportunities to play against really good football teams to show that you deserve to be you know in that m v P. Right, so opportuniti you's got two playoff teams right here coming up. This vision leader, Yeah, this is what your expectation, I think. And Dak was Okay, the defense doesn't have it. Can Dak and make the plays to get us over the hump? There were opportunities in the game that you saw one big play to Brandon Cook that didn't happen.
Speaker 2: You laying that one.
Speaker 7: You're still on the runway for talking about the MVP conversation. I look, I always thought from the beginning the people were not sincere about this whole Dak MVP. They were just wait building him up to bring it right back down, and as soon as he has a bad game, they want to remind you all, this.
Speaker 2: Is bad Dak. This is Dak throwing an interception, he's misreading.
Speaker 7: Can he read all the different things that guys like won't even say their name on the show, but guys that repeatedly look at every mistake that these quarterbacks make. But when I look across at this whole MVP waste, so guys like Purty, he's having a hell of a year. Four touchdowns yesterday, two hundred and fifty yards. He's playing within the constructs of that offense. And whether you want to call him a game manager or whatever you want to call him, he's good enough at doing it that he does it well. And at a high level, and that offense when it's running, it looks like no one can beat it. Our offense yesterday, which to me I didn't see happening because whether it was the rain, whatever it was, we just couldn't get any type of rhythm going yesterday. Once we got down and it was clear like, look, we're twenty one to three and a half, we're gonna have to lit certain things about the running game go all right, unless it's gonna look like garbage time, but we have to get those connections between the tight end. We have to get the short running, and they were sitting on it. They were waiting Buffalo pretty much in that second half. We made that game plan easy for them because everything that our go to they were standing right in the gap and there was no way that we could get any rhythm. There was no more continuity and Mike McCarthy's play calling and there was nothing he was fooling the other defensive coordinator with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was off a little bit. Yesterday.
Speaker 7: I think Buffalo did a good job of playing playing zone defense and taking away the specific routes that Dad and CD Cooks and everybody that they had been being really successful on for the last five or six weeks. They said, hey, listen, we're gonna make sure we're gonna we're gonna play zone, but we're gonna lean our zone to your the route concepts that you usually run. We're not just gonna run the regular coup of three. We're gonna say we usually run seams. So instead of you being right here on the hash, we're gonna get you two yards out to make sure you carry that and see if they have something else to be able to throw. And I think they played really good football when it came to taking away specifically what we like to do on offense. And then also with that Dak being out off a little bit, then the offensive line kind of struggled a little bit here and there you lose Zach Martin, and it was just like the perfect storing for our offense. But I want to give Tony Poller some credit because I thought that he was running the football really well, like what you expected to see out of Tony Poler coming out of last year and into this year, a healthy Tony Pouler.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh yeah, all right, here we go five six, seven, seven. I like to see it.
Speaker 7: So I want to give him a shout out. But yeah, man, I think Buffalo offensively, defensive and on special teams. Wow, not so much special, I mean offensively and defensively. They had a really good game plan for what we had been doing really well over the last five or six weeks. And Ed Oliver from Houston, Texas. Yeah, yeah, Westfille High School. That's my that's my school right there.
Speaker 2: Ed Oliver. I didn't know Ed Oliver.
Speaker 7: I mean, once he's up, we were talking about but we were talking about other guys, Vaughn and all those guys that they got going. But man, Ed number ninety one is a headache in the middle and he is hard to deal with. Two people one didn't matter who was on him. He was just clogging up everything. We did a good job of maneuvering around him because he was not allowing us nothing early in the game. All right, go ahead, man, contemplation.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. I want to know what you thought about the offense.
Speaker 6: I thought about the offense. You thought Sean McDermott had something for him last week? This week the fan Jumanji.
Speaker 7: I can't wait to see Vic van Jel. That was the kell, That was the Kelling more that was print. Yeah, and that blueprint then following him all the way up to.
Speaker 2: Still working. They got that scroll scroll out there.
Speaker 7: They hang it up at all the restaurants and that blueprint is out. He ain't been the same since. No, So yeah, but no, it's gonna be another tough one. It's gonna be another tough one because I think I think that Buffalo is now put it out there to show you, listen, this is what they like to do. Make them do something else, all right, and we're gonna run our coverage, but it's gonna be kind of it's like.
Speaker 2: Customized right for your route, because said Rob.
Speaker 7: Brown used to do it all the time, and he would be successful in taking away certain stuff that you really like to do and then make.
Speaker 2: It force you to do other things. And that's what Buffalo did.
Speaker 6: Thus, so you got Fangio on that, and then you got you know, coach Sole who was with them two years ago in the playoff game.
Speaker 5: They ran They just from from the opening drive. They just ran. Man.
Speaker 7: So I mean coach coach so go get you know, he get fancy too, man. He tried to get the style points, got the shades off.
Speaker 5: But but you know what Christmas soul glow on him.
Speaker 2: He's but he is going to run the ball.
Speaker 7: You'd have to be stupid to come up against this Cowboys defense and not run the ball. I would the attention to detail or running the ball would be eight every single week, like you just said, until y'all stop it. You don't get a full dose of this every single week.
Speaker 2: Running.
Speaker 7: I'm never going to stop running the behind it never gonna stop running.
Speaker 2: Like why? Like why?
Speaker 7: But now, the thing is, it's not every run scheme. It's specific run schemes that Cowboys have issues with. And until they figure out a way to cover up that and make sure that they can read pulling guards, read pulling tackles, make sure that their gaps sound when you have those issues, because when you run, when you play against a team that runs straight zone like, it's easy, right, it's right in front of you already, I got I'm staying on the outside of this, of this shoulder. When you start getting pulling guards and counters and all that, then it switches. It's like on the run, you gotta be able to see, all right, my gap was here, he pulled. Now I got to get over the top. And if you're not, like I said, you're not fast enough or accustomed to doing that. Then you having a hard time covering covering those runs.
Speaker 6: All right, let's get a break here, come back, let's go over special teams, and we need to make our Monday night pick as the Philadelphia Eagles are at Seattle and they've made some major changes in the coaching operation there in Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: Barry Church like Maharrison, Newie scrugs, Danny McCrae.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Church ain't here.
Speaker 5: I just I just but you know what, Church is just texting me his pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's not here though, But I just gott I hate you.
Speaker 1: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 7: Hi I'm Danny mccraig, das Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 7: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool I Sie or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Vernola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only a Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 5: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 5: The press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 2: He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency Prus.
Speaker 5: Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: Back to the players.
Speaker 7: Loude get a frameworthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Realty. Santa Claus will be at his cowboy themed cottage in the Star District through December twenty fourth. Visit the Star District dot com slash Santa for more information.
Speaker 2: I had a bad week last.
Speaker 5: Week, well, so checking it right here, just to go through the week. So but you can't we You know, Danny, you had you had Dallas. Heck you had Dallas. I had Dallas. Church came through on that. The Charger game.
Speaker 2: I had Vegas.
Speaker 5: Church had Vegas. Heck, but you had Vegas. Danny. I don't know why you went with Kellen Moore in company.
Speaker 7: I thought was gonna get some Carris, and of course he did. Like why why would you give? Why would you give?
Speaker 2: Fool itself? Right too? Smart?
Speaker 6: Cincinnati at Minnesota, everybody went with Cincinnati. Everybody came out of winter here Denver, Detroit. I had Detroit winning, Church had Detroit winning. You with Denver, Danny, you went with Denver. Houston and Tennessee. We all took Tennessee. Everybody lost.
Speaker 2: I got it right here.
Speaker 7: You changed it Tennessee Road for that the man they wouldn't Houston didn't have a quarterback top. Nothing went out there.
Speaker 2: Then water uniform, so disrespect.
Speaker 5: And then of course we all took Baltimore against du Baal.
Speaker 6: Everybody was there, so yeah, man, rough, but hey, you can go ahead and make a bounce back right here as it is a Philadelphia Monday Night special at Seattle, Philly favored by three and a half. Gino Smith may not play. Jalen Hurts may play. He's not one hundred percent separate from the team. The Eagles have demoted their defensive coordinator. He's not gonna be up in the booth not calling plays. Decides that he's not calling plays. Matt Patricia the savior, He'll be calling plays on the sidelines. Give me Seattle twenty four twenty one. Desperate Up there in the Emerald City, Barry Church has Philadelphia winning it twenty four seventeen.
Speaker 5: Heck Maherrison, what you got man?
Speaker 2: That is crazy.
Speaker 7: It could be at the end of the season that both Philly that Philly lose both their offense and defensive coordinator in one season after losing their offensive, offensive and defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: That would be cold blooded.
Speaker 7: But I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go with Philly on this one. I'm gonna go Philly. I'm gonna go Philly twenty one, twenty one, fifteen. In the spirit of my fantasy football team, Okay, I'm going on Newie with newis side. Okay, over there, you're going Seattle seven to nine, seven to nine. What twenty one twenty four. I'm going everything new. We got goodness. Gracious, it makes me a loser. That makes me a loser. Twenty four to twenty one makes me a loser. Let's swift, let's swift, getting all like every.
Speaker 5: Yard if it's just game, well, swift, everybody to run.
Speaker 2: Twenty one twenty four Seattle Seahaws.
Speaker 5: All right, there we go, there we go. So so we're good on that here.
Speaker 6: Special teams. Yeah, Sam Williams, Brandon Aubrey, good for you. Made a field goal, so he is. He made a thirty two yard, extending his NFL record for most field goals made without a mistic started career to thirty one consecutive field goals. He also leads the NFL with one hundred and thirty three points, and he could become the first rookie to lead the league in scoring since Mason Crosby did it in two thousand and seven. And that's when he was coached by Macarthy.
Speaker 7: Shout out the shout out to and I remember man, maybe been five or six weeks ago, I was sitting on this show. Given given Sam Williams a lot of credit for being able to go out there at the gunner at his size and make those plays. And Sam has blocked the punt already this season. Okay, so and I know, I know bones Fossil goes out there and he teaches them, He.
Speaker 2: Lays the pad, He lays the pad out for you to jump across. This is all that.
Speaker 7: This is O t A stuff, all right, this is every day at training camp. This is what we're going to do to start it off, because we always start with the basics.
Speaker 2: This is how you do.
Speaker 7: Blocking punts. And my man, did everything you could possibly do wrong. Everything lead to feed hand spread out, not running through like everything that you would all the exits. You know, you have those posters and it's like don't, don't, don't and then do do do when you get your instructions. He did all the dun'ts on that. And I'm saying you you you got a chance to really change and pain there in a positive way, and instead because you did not do what you were because that type stuff to get coaches fired, like not Fossil, I'm not saying that, but like, oh man, this dude is he not coach? Will not no, no, they told you how to do it. Okay, But for some reason you went out there and you lost your mind when you got through there, maybe too excited, whatever it was, and then you and then not only did that happen, then you missed it all right, at least if you're gonna do all that wrong and you're still in a position to make the play to go out.
Speaker 6: You know that jump through missing in this pow over first down the other way touchdown game.
Speaker 2: And that and that.
Speaker 7: See, an unfortunate part about that is when you play special teams and that has become like what you have been known for now because you did block a pun and you're playing gunner. It erases all the other good stuff that you've done, and people's like, you can still be a really good especialty player. And then you see that, and then the game ends the way that ends, and you say that is a turning point in the game, then people like they have a tendency to forget that.
Speaker 2: Oh, this dude also made some really good plays on there.
Speaker 7: But that is one of the worst punk block opportunities miss that I've seen since I've been watching football. And maybe because of the Cowboys and how we got beat but that was bad. But no way, I just got to say, like, you see the good teams make those plays. You see the good teams not make the bone headed plays to extend drives. You see the good teams making doing all the right things. It's a winning that's a winning attitude. And I think for where we're trying to get to, it's that part of the evaluation of the game that you have to return to and say, look, we had an opportunity right here, had we made that play, And it's just that it's that kind of stuff when you go back to San Francisco, you go back through all of those road losses, there were opportunities that we didn't take advantage of. There was a conversation going on between Mike McCarthy and Bones Fossil right after that play, and I swear to God, I wish I was just a fly on the wall just to hear what that conversation could have been, because you, like you said, people get fired for doing stuff like that.
Speaker 2: That's one of those things like that, does he know better?
Speaker 6: And Fossil saw something to call it, so you know, he saw something, and you know, and they almost had another one.
Speaker 7: It was another one, Listen. That's the thing though, That's the thing about a guy like Sam Williams. It wasn't even a special call. He was rushing over the center and then left a gap and it was him using his pass rush move, which you usually don't see guys with that type of talent on a punt rush team. But you see a guy like Sam Williams who is accustomed to rushing the passer and he's over the center and he literally just olays him and gets straight through the same one he did on the last one. And when you looking at it, you say, listen, I have a guy who can make those type of plays.
Speaker 2: So what do you do next game?
Speaker 7: Do you tell him not the rest, not the rest of punter? When you know that he has the talent to be able to put that type of pressure on a punt team to go make that type of play, it's it's.
Speaker 6: And then we know the statistics of what happens when you punt is a block of punt. I mean, just use the opportunities to win and go up. But because it's it's like it a turnover.
Speaker 7: Because he blocks that, that's a block and probably a touchdown because he made the play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just his technique. At the end of it was just really bad technique.
Speaker 7: But you can't erase the fact that he was back there again in the position to make that play, which makes it like, which makes it like a very tough thing to do because you you, especially coach, you're.
Speaker 2: Like, well, wow, you know, really good, really good is here.
Speaker 7: But then you know the really bad is And I think the best thing about it is everybody on the team played bad. So so so what are you gonna say, Right, you got curse out here, you got d law out here, everybody you got Yeah, you got everybody playing bad, Like.
Speaker 6: Everybody collectively has to has to eat this With Mike McCarthy coming up at three thirty and one things I'm going to.
Speaker 5: Ask Mike today is about the penalties.
Speaker 6: The most penalized team in the league. And you've told us before by fixing things to dot to die. No, no, man, this is this is who you are and you cannot expect to go win playoff games on the road if you are going to have penalties like what we saw in Buffalo. And I want to hear what Mike hast to say, because it's it's out of control. This is the culture of who you are. You're a team that's undisciplined, that will shoot themselves in the foot. And you can't beat anybody good like this, You just can't. I mean, you got to forty nine ers, forty two on you, forty two to ten. This is thirty one to ten and you're helping with bad penalty Tyler Smith Love Love there's another drive killing penalty he did here where they weren't that.
Speaker 5: It's like, dude, this ain't the time for that, just like the Philadelphia game six yard line, same time for that.
Speaker 6: They got to fix this, And I want to know from the head coach, how come it hasn't been fixed?
Speaker 5: Why is this still happening.
Speaker 6: Yes, you've gone taking this team to the playoffs three straight years, but you gonna find yourselves out the playoffs in one or two games if you keep doing this, because it's gonna be real hard to beat somebody on the road playing like this. All right, heck man, thank you, Danny, thank you. We will see exactly what the Eagles have tonight. Chris being Jazz Big, Will Joshi, everybody who's a part of this here dallascowboys dot com. We appreciate you. This has been the Players Lounge brought to You by Tostinos Talk to You Tomorrow.
Speaker 4: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.