Speaker 1: Welcome in What Driving the Great? Episode four O two. This episode of What Drapen the Grid is presented to you by our dear friends at boost Mobile. Very busy, uh, last forty eight hours or so for me, and a lot to get to in today's show. So demanse great to see.
Speaker 2: You with it.
Speaker 1: It looks like a crispy Fresh new T shirt. That's that is Nosh tarn It. That's the guy's company. The guy what's his name, Nipseysle. Yeah, the late Nipsey Hussele. That's what I thought. Uh, that's a I love that. If you're watching on YouTube, Demande's wearing a marathon T shirt which just looks outstanding. You look great. You look better rested than I would have expected. So it seems.
Speaker 2: Like last night was okay good, got all the big cries out at like eight nine pm, So okay, two three of the morning, we were good, okay, awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're getting some resk acclimated. If people are like big cries, what are you guys talking about. Demand's going through a really hard time and he's been emotional lately. No, Demondy's got a one month old at home and so he's dealing with that. Uh, let's get right to it straight. The voicemail brought to you by Boost Mobile. Mike Evans is back. I'm gonna go ahead and say he's not going to average two hundred and fifteen yards a game over the final four. So the thousand yard streak is over. Philip Rivers is returning. We will cover that in the Gambling Show. And listen the producers saying, are Nick and Pablo beefing?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 1: Listen, Nick and Pablo were never beefing. I have also never been shy or ambivalent about the fact that maybe there is something psychologically wrong with me. But I have a list, and it's through no fault of their own, of what I consider to be media rivals, which is anyone in my field or my field adjacent who is my age or younger. And I have said many a time that I must vanquish them, and after yesterday, one less person to vanquish. Let's get to the Chiefs, sa Bonse, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So your Chiefs are almost facing elimination. They are at a rough spot. There is a must win against the Chargers this weekend. They are plus five hundred to make the playoffs. You said with this game, you would believe in them. Again, you also had a crazy take about this being a must win for the Chargers on your show. Did you care to explain both of those?
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, so listen. All plus five hundred doesn't seem like as long of a shot as it feels like plus five hundred. It feels like the way. And what I said about what I would believe in is I understand it is irrational, so to speak, but what is definitively true is if I know myself and if the Chiefs win this weekend, within the Titans on deck, with the possibility of a Chargers collapse, I will be just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in Godfather threes style like that. That is true. It's also noteworthy to me that this line is up to I think five and a half. The Chiefs, that haven't played a good sixty minute four quarter football game in a month and a half are a five and a half point favorite over the nine and four Los Angeles Chargers, and so I will get more to the chief side in a second, but I do want to explain what I was saying yesterday about this being a must win for the Chargers, and I suppose that is a matter of perspective. But if your perspective is that the Chargers in an AFC that will likely never again be this wide open in a playoff field, where Herbert walks into it likely as essentially the second most experienced quarterback to Josh Allen. In the AFC, well, Aaron Rodgers would be the most experienced, But I almost feel like at this point, like that circle has come all the way around to where his experience works against him because he's so damn old, and so let me put it like this, this is maybe the better way to put it. In this playoff field, Herbert will be one of only three quarterbacks that are in the prime of their careers, with it being Josh, him and the Prince. Most people believe he's better than the Prince. He's obviously older, you know, more experienced than the young guys. So in that regard that really works in their favor. They are coming on, They are, while still dealing with injuries, getting healthier. They just got their running back back for their Omari and Hampton, their first round pick. When Jim Harbaugh got there, he talked about winning multiple Super Bowls, right he talked about this being a championship operation. And so if you are looking at the Chargers from through the prism of can they for the first time since Philip Rivers was there, go on a real playoff run, can they for the first time since the mid nineteen ninety four potentially make a Super Bowl? Then in order for you to believe they have that gear, they absolutely must go into Arrowhead and end the chief season. This Chiefs team is playing its worst football, is wildly banged up, and in fact, I do want I meant to check this before. I want to see if they've updated it real quick. Yes they have, so the Chiefs injury report Trey Smith back, but Juwan Taylor still has not practiced. So much like the Chargers, the Chiefs are gonna be going potentially going into this game without either of their starting tackles or their top backup tackle in Wanya Morris. So and the Chargers have the opportunity to end the Chiefs officially put them out, and if they don't, then I will feel like I know one thing and start to be concerned on the Chargers' behalf of another thing. The thing I will feel like I know is this team doesn't have win three straight playoff games get to the super Bowl gear it because I don't think they There are parts of that Eagles game that they should feel great about, and then there are parts of that Eagles game where they should feel very, very fortunate that Jalen Hurts gave it away at the very end. So I will feel like, I know, they don't have a super Bowl gear. And the thing that I would be concerned about Demons if they lose this game is that they might be playing in Week eighteen with the playoffs on the line. So that is the wrinkle here. The wrinkle here is and there's a lot of ifs here. This is why it's plus five hundred. But if we assume the Colts are not going to go I guess for the Chargers case, this doesn't really the Cults doesn't really matter, but I'm gonna include him anyway. Aren't gonna go three and one or better down the stretch, Then that final AFC playoff spot likely comes down to Chiefs Chargers. Again. If the Chiefs win this weekend, and if they do and then we assume Kansas City is going to beat Tennessee the following week, then it can start to get a little tight for the Chargers because after the Chiefs game, they have three straight brutal opponents. They are at the Cowboys home for the Texans, and then this is the game that I'm focused on at Denver in a game that might for the Broncos be win this game and you are the one seed Denver, and the Chargers will be in a position of if they lose to the Chiefs that if again I said, there were gonna be a lot of ifs they don't win both of Cowboys Texans. If they lose just one of those games, then Week eighteen in Denver could be winning. You go to the playoffs, lose and the Chiefs take your playoff spot again. That is, assuming the Chiefs beat the Titans and Raiders and they win a home game against Denver in Week seventeen, that'll be very difficult. So that's the for a team that I think has as far as its organizational DNA has a lot of hitting tight in big spots. Yeah, and whose quarterback in the three biggest the two playoff games and the one other if you remember when and your in Week eighteen game that he's played in has not played anything close to his best ball. I'd be a little nervous about it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Yeah, I was about to say, I feel like the last time he was in that spot, he threw like four picks could be.
Speaker 1: The playoff game. The playoff game was four picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay the last year.
Speaker 1: So the three there's been one winning you're in and two playoff games. The winning you're in was against the Raiders in Week eighteen, where he had an eighty passer rating, completed fifty three percent of his passes. They lost in overtime, and the Raiders, with their interim head coach, went to the playoffs. The playoff games were a twenty seven point lead late in the first half and then did absolutely nothing the entire second half and they lost by a point to the Prince. And then last year a one touchdown, four interception, forty passer rating playoff game where he completed forty four percent of his passes. So the chart flip side is Chargers win this weekend and it's all good. You essentially lock up a playoff spot, you definitionally knocked the Chiefs out of the postseason, and it's good. And so that's why this is such a huge game. For the Chargers and for Kansas City. We are just gonna find out if the three time defind the AFC champs have any fight left in them, or if the last three years in Lark you know bigger, the last seven years have taken a toll and you know this is it for the year. It'll be a sad way to go out if that's how they go out. But given how they've played the last month, I'm not going to sit here and project this confidence that there's no chance they go out that way.
Speaker 2: Is that game going to have a roof on it? Is there going to be in a dome? Or is which game when they play the Chargers? Oh yeah, all right, no, no, no curious. I mean, if it wasn't a dome, I'm definitely taking the Chiefs. But it's not a dome, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no. The So this the Chiefs have two home games left the Chargers and the Broncos, two very tough games, and then two road games left the Titans and the Raiders, the two worst teams in football. So the benefit is your home games are your tough games are at home. But they just had a home game against the Texans that they weren't able to figure out a way to win on So after being a great home team all year, that has been fractured a bit. Today's show is brought to you by our new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. The holidays are here and the sports schedule is packed tighter than Santa's gift bag. Pro Football Bowl games, NBA College hoops, hockey. The whole sports slay is loaded and on a hard Rock Bet, there's always something on the wrap and bet on. New customers can sign up and bet five dollars on any game if it wins. You'll find one hundred of dollars in bonus bets on top of your winnings stuffed in your stocking. Now that's holiday magic. Not sure what to place your first bet? Hard Rock Bet just launched a brand new for you page, making it easy to find all your favorite teams, players and leagues all in one place. The hard Rock Bet Sportsbook app is the only legal sportsbook for whenever you're in Florida, and it's also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Right by Me, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan Coming soon to more states too. Plus hard Rock Bet offers new promos daily, so whenever you're listening, just open the app and check out what you've got. Any day of the week, download the hard rock Bet app and make your first deposit payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital, LLC and all other states, must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight to eight to eight Admit it. In Indiana. If you were someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. All right, demanse, let's talk about some quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about some slumping quarterbacks. First off, your guy Baker Mayfield's kind of fallen off a cliff since a few weeks ago, they are asking if Jalen Hurt should be benched after winning a Super Bowl, and Lamar Jackson as just not Lamar, I'm praying for you.
Speaker 1: Lamar.
Speaker 2: What's your level of concern for each quarterback? First off? And who do you expect to bounce with a bounce back? Bounce back? First from.
Speaker 1: Listen. I think Baker will bounce back. But this has been a really grizzly stretch for Baker. But I think Baker that I don't know if there's a positive or negative, but I'm gonna, at least in my mind make it a positive. With Baker, it's very simple. He's just not playing well, and he's had these little peaks and valleys in his career. Like now he is dealing with left shoulder injury, and so that does make you a little concern because that can linger, and it's an injury he's dealt with before. But I think Baker will bounce back at least enough to where they stabilize they win that division. And Baker's been a gamer in the playoffs his whole career. So Baker is the one I'm least concerned about Hurts. I'm not so much concerned about him demands as I am just accepting of what I feel like are some his pretty obvious limitations, which again, limitations doesn't mean you're bad and it limitation. Having limitations does not mean that, uh, you're not a good quarterback or obviously the guy's the rains.
Speaker 2: You're not good at something, though, is a limitation.
Speaker 1: Right, It means there are It means you are not a come complete. Yeah, well you're not excellent at everything. Let me put it as kindly as I can. And I think what we're seeing and what we saw in four K Monday night was Jalen Hurts limitations as a hit every quadrant of the field, drop back, passer, or glaring and when he is in the situation he's in now where it's like, oh, the offensive line went from maybe the best in the league to mediocre. The running game went from the best in the league to mediocre, and we are going to need the quarterback to go out there and make plays If Jay Ellen is not willing to activate the quarterback driven runs and scrambles. More than that, Eagles offense is going to be very, very laborious. Everything is going to be hard. And so that is to me just the a reality that is not going to change. He's not going to get any taller. He's not going to all of a sudden become a pinpoint intermediate over the middle of the field passer. And you've got to find ways to scheme and coach and work around that. But I am really concerned about Philadelphia, and I am not writing in pen that they are winning that division because again, there are some ifs here I understand. But if you believe that the Cowboys are going to beat the Vikings this weekend, I do beat the Chargers in Dallas next weekend, they certainly could, and then win at the Commanders. And then if you believe that the Eagles, let's just give them the next two wins, that they're gonna win against the Raiders and win against the Commanders, but then believe they are going to lose to the Buffalo Bills. So if the Cowboys go three to zero and the Eagles go two and one with a loss in Buffalo, then the Eagles will enter Week eighteen facing the situation of if Dallas beats the Giants and those games would be played simultaneously, the Eagles win the division by beating the Commanders, and their season is over by losing that game, and this Eagles team that has been hanging by a thread emotionally throughout the year, I would be very nervous about that that becoming reality. And so it doesn't take some massive swoon for them to be facing a winning your end losing your out Week eighteen game. It's a somewhat to me likely scenario. So I'd be worried about that. With all that said, Demonsey, I am most worried about what's going on in Baltimore. So Lamar didn't practice again yesterday, So that's now five straight weeks he's missed at least one day of practice. It was not he was not listed as missing practice with an injury. It was listed as rest, and Harball was asked about it and said, listen, basically, if the player, you gotta trust the player, and if the player says he needs it, then we're giving him the day. I think it is also very fair to say that this I don't even know if I want to call it a strategy, but this trend of Lamar missing one of the practices in the week leading up to a game has not let has has shown it sure appears to impact his play. He is in the midst of the worst stretch of football he's ever played. And this is just a blind theory, Demons, But I think Lamar is over Harball, and I think Lamar is resigned to a degree to the fate of the season. And I think that Lamar is ready for the next chapter in Baltimore. And so I don't think we're all of a sudden about to see great Lamar. I think he'll be better than he's been the last month, but I don't think I think Lamar is ready for the Harball Todd Mounkin mini era and the long Harbaugh era to be over. And I think the fact that John Harbaugh cannot seem to get a handle on the health and practice status of his star quarterback is an ominous, ominous sign. So the.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you said it's hard like some of the stuff that I see going all with Lebron or Lebron Lamar, it doesn't really seem like a like a Harball problem. It kind of seems like a Lamar problem. But you're you're saying that he might be despondent to him, and it's just like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just I agree with I think the biggest problem right now for Baltimore is their star quarterbacks having the worst stretch of his career. But it just feels to me like it's more than that right now. At play here, do you do you have a Baltimore Super Bowl take?
Speaker 2: Well, well, I can feel like it kind of feeds into sag here, It kind of feeds into the betting show later. I think it would, you know it would It would require me to reveal one of my legs.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so we see I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, I'll save it for the next show. Okay, cause it'll make more sense.
Speaker 1: Okay. Uh, here is the glass one tenth full version of the Ravens moving forward. They're gonna win just enough to win that terrible division. They win the final game against Pittsburgh and they get in at nine and eight or something, and a Ravens team that has very consistently been this regular season juggernaut and then playoff underachiever reverses it this year where they are a regular season underachiever, go into the playoffs with no expectation, with people not believing in them, and that is why they end up going on a run. Do I believe that is likely. Absolutely not do I even know if that is possible? Not really, but that would be if I were a Ravens fan. That's what I would be trying to convince myself is going to happen. All right, let's talk Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: So we all know Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow's had it pretty rough over there in Cincinnati. He had a press conference yesterday and here's what he had to say.
Speaker 3: You know, if I want to I want to keep doing this, I have to have fun doing it. You know, I've been through a lot and if it's not fun, then what am I doing it for?
Speaker 2: I have the Bengals broken. Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: You really don't like when your franchise quarterback who's not yet turned thirty says if I want to keep doing this, that is, if I'm a Bengal fan. That's a five alarm fire, and it is a shocking It's a shocking enough quote. I thought about leading the show with it, but I I feel like you guys, when the Chiefs are down, want to hear my chiefs pain and cope. So I led with the Chiefs. But Joe Burrow, who you know, still has what does he have four years left on his massive deal. Uh yeah, four years left on his five year, two hundred and seventy five million dollar contract. Him talking about if I want to keep doing this, Uh I, I would be lying if I did not say it at least briefly gave me Andrew luck vibes of oh man, has this guy just his body's been through so much. He was so close so early and now the team seems to be getting further away that he's like, I don't I'm not enjoying this.
Speaker 2: Then also seeing his predecessors continuously, you know, make it to the postseason and battle it out, and he's had to sit out a couple of them, probably.
Speaker 1: Right, three playoffs in a row. And I also think there is the emotional toll of man. My second year in the league, I have the ball in my hands in the super Bowl with a chance to go win it after beating Mahomes. My third year in the league, I have the ball in my hands in Arrowhead with a chance to go back to the Super Bowl tie game. And really myself above Patrick been in the league three years, made back to back Super Bowls. You have it, You've lost.
Speaker 2: To me.
Speaker 1: And those two moments those two drives where his blocking broke down, by the way on both he got hit on the final pass of both seasons. In the Chiefs game, he didn't even it wasn't even a final pass. Chris Jones just sacked him. The Rams game, Aaron Donald gets right to him, but he's He takes the field in year two in the Super Bowl saying touchdown, I'm a champion forever. He takes the field Year three AFC Championship game field goal, I'm back in the Super Bowl and I kind of own this Mahomes rivalry. And now we're at the end of year six and that was his last playoff touch. That's tough. That's like a really and the you add to it all of the physical, real weird injuries he's dealt with turf tow and the wrist thing, and dealing with the different franchise holdouts and contract disputes every year and.
Speaker 2: See tragic organization.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, and it is. It is why some people said, you know, do an l Way or an ELI and don't go there. And so you know, people asking what would a Joe Burrow trade look like, I mean, as I did on TV yesterday, and you know I'll do on radio again or on podcast today to quote Mike Meltzer. Being in a position where you have to trade prime Joe Burrow is a fold the franchise moment. There is no getting around it. But what would a Joe Burrow trade look like? Three first and three second rounders? You're first and because you can, you're only allowed to trade three picks in the league. The Daniel says, Miles Garrett and the Browns picks, they would never listen. I don't think they would trade Joe Burrow, but if they were to, they certainly wouldn't do it in the division, which is a bit of a shame because the Browns have all the picks. Like the another team that has, you know, the team that could trade you four first round picks other than the Browns is the Rams because they have two picks in this upcoming draft. But and that would be a really interesting one if the Rams did bleep them picks again. But that would only make sense if Stafford were retiring after this year, you know what I mean, Like, they wouldn't they You couldn't roster Stafford and Burrow to be like, hey, Burrow's gonna sit a year and then take over. So the timing of that wouldn't work. But this is if I'm a Bengals fan, I am terrified of that press conference, terrified of it. And we've seen guys walk away. We haven't the only you're way too young to remember this, Demante, but the only. And he wasn't quite a star at this point in his career, but he So I'm just gonna I'm gonna tell this story in a different way. Once upon a time, and wow, I didn't even think about this. Great job Nick for putting this together in real time. Once upon a time, there was a number one overall pick quarterback who after seven eight years in the league with some it wasn't us. He was not Joe Burrows level, don't get me wrong, but one year he led the league in touchdown passes, finished top five in MVP voting. It was actually his second years, probably his high water mark. Went to the playoffs a couple times, had disappointing postseason defeats, and one of the postseasons suffered a catastrophic injury on right when the first playoff game started. Essentially, that player, right after he turned thirty, woke up one morning and said I'm either retiring or you're trading me, but I am not taking another snap for this franchise. And that number one pick quarterback his name was Carson Palmer and demons. I'll give you one guess. What franchise do you think he played for?
Speaker 2: The Chiefs?
Speaker 1: Oh Man, you blew that. That's the worst job you've done in a long.
Speaker 2: Time, Carson Palmer? No, what did Carson Palmers?
Speaker 1: I'm talking about Joe Burrow and the dysfunctional Bengals. And I gave this whole story, So I'm gonna let you have another try. What team the Bangs? A good job? That was? That was I was really trying to set I know this happened literally when you were a top this small child, but I thought I.
Speaker 2: Gave you enough context it Yeah.
Speaker 1: The uh, it was the Bengals. And so the only other guy like and I'm Joe has not demanded a trade. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he has, but.
Speaker 2: Sounds like he's closer to demanding a trade than not demanding a trade at some point.
Speaker 1: Or walking away. Yeah, so I tough spot man. Are you thinking about upgrading to the all new iPhone seventeen Pro designed to be the most powerful iPhone ever, but you're also thinking about the traffic on your way to the store or transferring all your data. Good news, when you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your home or work to deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen pro and get you all set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle. Visit boost mobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices purchased at boost mobile dot com. Terms do apply, all Right, Before we get to some of the other NFL stuff, let's discuss some of the NBA Cup and Lakers and basketball stuff.
Speaker 2: So last night, your Lakers got knocked out of the NBA Cup by Wimby Liss Spurs. This is coming right after Rich Paul said that the Lakers aren't even a Western Conference finals team. Oh what how should Lakers? How should Lakers fans feel? Like? Right field? Right now?
Speaker 1: First of all, I haven't listened to the pod yet, but I'm being told Rich was just firing off takes, including advocating for I think Lamar to be traded, advocating for my homes to be traded to the Cowboys, and then throwing in that, yeah, the Lakers don't have enough. And here's the thing about what Rich said and last night's game, because they're kind of tied together. First of all, it needs to be noted Rich. People are talking about what Rich said as if Rich has one client, Lebron James. It's like, wow, Lebron's agent says the Lakers don't have enough. Rich has fifty clients all over the league. Lebron is obviously the most prominent, obviously the most noteworthy, and Lebron and Rich founded that agency together. But it is one could argue that, you know Rich Anthony Davis not one could argue he is Anthony Davis is a client. Tyrese Max, He's a client like Rich has clients all over the place, right, And if he's gonna do this pod, he's always gonna be given takes about teams that you know his clients are on. It's why this is gonna be so fastating to see. And I really like Max Kellerman a lot, and so I think it'll, you know, good for them on that venture, and good for them for making waves with the first episode. Furthermore, I understand people might not like hearing it, or might not like who the messenger was, But does anyone actually disagree with Rich's message that right now the Lakers are not a championship caliber team. Now, maybe that's more about that no one is because the Oklahoma City Thunder exists, who, by the way, won their NBA Cup game last night by fifty and the the biggest to me, the most disappointing part of the Lakers losing that game was I would have liked to see how the Lakers stack up against a fully healthy Thunder team in a as meaningful of a regular season game as you're gonna get the NBA Cup semifinals, But instead they lost to a Wimby liss Spurs, which speaks additionally to I think Rich's overall point, which again I disagree that the Lakers are not Western Conference Finals caliber like I do think if they got the right draw and if they're healthy, they could make the conference finals if they're on the opposite side of the bracket of the Thunder, which means they're the two or the three seed. But when you see the Spurs are now have the same record as the Lakers at seventeen and seven, and Wimby hasn't played in nearly a month, you do start to be get concerned about well, how how even if you set Oklahoma City aside, where do the Lakers stack up in the West, Like Denver is outstanding, Houston unbelievably as the best offense in the league, and the Spurs are have won seven of ten and their young guards are playing out of their mind. And Wimby at some point is coming back. So people can dislike what Rich said, but I because of who the messenger is, But I don't think the message is totally incorrect. Now, evidently Wimby could return this weekend, which maybe gives us a chet Wimby game in the NBA Cup semi finals, which should be sick. I would imagine when Wimby comes back, he's gonna be on a minute's restriction and we're going to be very cautious with him. Let's talk a little more NBA Cup demons real quick.
Speaker 2: So the Knicks and the Magic are coming out the East and the Thunder and the Spurs coming out the West, like you just discussed, and they just they did win that. It came by nearly fifty and their minus two fifty to win the whole thing. If they steam all the tournaments of the league, back it up and just come again next year.
Speaker 1: I listen the Thunder in their current forum right now, look head and shoulders better than absolutely everyone, and it's not close. It's very hard to repeat. No one's done it since the Kadi's Steph clay Draymond Warriors, and no one's come close to doing it since then. Nobody's made the finals to defend their title, and I don't think anyone's made the conference finals the year they were defending their title since the Katie Steph Warriors. But it feels like it would take uh act of God for this Oklahoma City team to not make the conference finals. And it would take a legendary, legendary Nikolajokic or Luka Doncic or And this is where you worry about the Rockets a bit, because they don't have one of those super villain guys that can just you know, put a team on his back over the course of an entire one round against a super team. I don't want there to be no drama or suspense or stakes to this NBA season, But right now, Oklahoma City looks like one of the greatest teams ever. There is no way around that. And I told you guys a month ago that getting them at sixteen to one to break the Warriors wins record. I liked that bet, and now God only knows what it is. It's probably like five to one, and at that time you could still get plus like three point fifty on them hitting seventy wins. At this point, I'd be shocked if they don't win seventy because their depth makes them they basically can deal with an injury to anyone on the roster other than Shay and be totally fine. They you know, they started this season without Jadubb, They've had different guys out, and none of it matters. I'd love to see Winby back and see what Winby can do against them in the NBA Cup, but I onlyink that'll really be a fair test of it because it's it would be Wimby's first game.
Speaker 2: Bet.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk a little more football before we move on.
Speaker 2: New England upset Buffalo back in October, and now Vegas doesn't know who should be favored in this next matchup. It's flip flop back and forth. Who do you think should be favored in this Bill's New England game?
Speaker 1: Listen. I think, and we'll talk about this more in the Pick Show. I think the Bills are gonna win. And part of that's because I think that the Bills, like the the Bills can't let the Patriots this quickly elbow them off their corner like the Patriots cannot. And I understand this isn't like deep analysis, but it is just how I feel. The Bills cannot allow the Patriots to become the true class of the AFC East before the Bills make a Super Bowl with Josh Allen. That would be a catastrophe, and so I just don't. I I also think that Josh just played a ten out of ten game against Senci. I do think, by the way, the Patriots are gonna win the division. Don't get me wrong, Like I think the Patriots are going to hold on to their divisional lead and win the division. But I don't man the this would be a disaster in Buffalo if before they actually have a like play for a championship, New England becomes like the preseason favorites in the AFC East, which if they sweep them this year and have a more a sturdy playoff run than Buffalo, then they definitely will be.
Speaker 2: Would just be really sad. It's like, oh, Patrick mahomes the Bookieyman and the Bookiyman. Drake May comes in. Drake May is the reason if you will. Who do you think will be the best quarterback in the AFC in five years.
Speaker 1: In the AFC East, five years from now, five years from now. Drake. I think that, Uh, it's not like Josh's well, I don't know. Listen. I think Drake and Josh is going to be an awesome divisional quarterback rival.
Speaker 2: Drake and Josh is in there. That's crazy. I didn't realize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that one of your shows?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, man, that was like one of my favorites back I think it was Nickelodeon, But yeah, Drake and.
Speaker 1: Joh Yeah, and listen, I I get a little annoyed with some of the Patriots stuff because of Wilds, But I think Drake May is awesome. I think he's awesome. And you know, Josh Allen is an all time great already, so Drake May could be a perennial MVP candidate and not necessarily better than Josh Allen. But they to me, what Josh has to deal with over the rest of the prime of his career with Drake May is so much tougher than what Patrick is gonna have to deal with with bow Nicks or even Herbert. Like I think Drake May already is better than Herbert, and I think Drake May is already a top five quarterback. All right, let's talk a little Lions Rams quickly before we get to our gambling show for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So the Rams are at the top of the NFC. You've got a lot of faith in them there at the top of your tears. They got Detroit this week, though it's a big test. Who could make a bigger statement with a win in this game?
Speaker 1: Well, listen, this game is wildly important for both teams, and it's wildly important for both teams in this regard. Like the Rams have just been rolling and killing people. I know they lost two weeks ago, but that feels like a bit of a blip. But because of that lost two weeks ago, if they were to lose this game, the chances of them going from pretty clearly the best team in the conference all year long to the five seed because Seattle catches them becomes very real. And so it's important for the Rams in that regard. It's important for Detroit because Detroit has extra rest, is coming off maybe their best game and best win of the season, and they are fighting for their playoff lives, and so I expect the Rams to win this game. And if the Rams do win this game, then all of a sudden, we're right back to where we've been with Detroit, which has gone win loss, win, lost to Monsey dating back to week five. They beat the Bengals, lost to the Chiefs, beat the Bucks, lost to the Vikings, beat the Commanders, lost to the Eagles, beat the Giants, lost to the Backers, beat the Cowboys, and now they play the Rams. And that's no way to make the postseason. And and I like the Rams in this spot? Do I like them enough to lay the six points that will find out on the Gambling Show tomorrow, which Demonsey and I are about to record right now. So thank you to everybody. Reminder I didn't ask guys do this off the top. I was too busy basking in my Did I just lose connection? Are am I back? Are you guys with me? Maybe they perfect the pod? They they knew we were taking a break. They were like, our internet's gonna freeze up, like rate, subscribe, review everybody, if you would please, it greatly helps us. I didn't ask you that off the top. I will ask you that right now. Our red Hot I mean just Winners After Winners Gambling Show comes to you this time tomorrow. We will see you guys.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Blue Duck in the volume. Thank you, of course to boost hard rock and our friends at Zen. Talk to you guys tomorrow for the week fifteen, Oh my goodness, Week fifteen Gambling Show