Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Pat Trendatar. Ah, Pat Benatar is trending. I'm jack that is, Miles. Pet Benatar is not the thing that is most trending. We will get to that. But yeah, Pat Trendutar, So Ted Cruz did this like weird thing.
Speaker 2: Somebody's like, would anybody would?
Speaker 3: They?
Speaker 1: Would these demoncrats ever hold Joe Biden accountable? And I think we have a quote from him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's let's hear what he's about to give us a breakdown of all things satanic. If the Senate gets the impeachment and a trial is held, do you think you could ever get a super majority to remove him?
Speaker 3: I don't think Senate Democrats if you had video of Joe Biden murdering children dressed as the Devil under a full moon while singing Pat Benattar, they still wouldn't vote to convict Ah.
Speaker 1: He had come in there for a little bit of like satanic imagery. But I think Pat Benatar is the darkest uh form of rock music that he can conceive of, truly, truly, I mean I think like there's no other explanation for that quote, right, that's just.
Speaker 2: Like the hardest ship that he's ever heard.
Speaker 5: Or.
Speaker 4: Or you're one of these fucking loser politicians who has who is not nimble of thought and you just like think of like you just say your favorite artist.
Speaker 5: He was like Pat Benatar.
Speaker 1: Fuck singing a Whole New World from uh oh shit, that was my wedding song never oh yeah right, and it had to be the right version because love is a battle field.
Speaker 5: What like I'm going through her songs, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Love is a battlefield. I mean, that is the hardest ship since mc wren, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Mean we are yeah heartache, the heartache we stand.
Speaker 1: There is one that is called hell is for children. I'm wondering if that is maybe what he was thinking.
Speaker 4: And even then you're what are you like doing a deep diver or you know Pat Benatar's catalog enough to be like there is that song?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wait, no, which is it? Did you are you just googling Pat Benatar songs?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, That's what.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, Like, how how do we know it's impossible to know?
Speaker 2: Hit me with your best shot?
Speaker 1: The sheer satanic majesty of exactly what's your best shot?
Speaker 3: Dan?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 4: What about we belong in hell together being Satan's acolytes.
Speaker 5: I think that's where we Belong was supposed to be. Uh, but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: This is again this is this was all in uh talking about like the possible impeachment of Joe Byron and if they thought it could ever happen, if it got you know, to the Senate. And again they wouldn't do it if they saw him dance with the devil under the pale moonlight, spinning around a we Belong by Pat Benattar with a little Tory cap on his head.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, let's get to the Titanics up. So, as of this recording, a couple hours ago, the Coastguard announced that they had discovered a debris field and that it was the submersible with the five people aboard. Yeah and yeah, so they're all presumed lost.
Speaker 4: I think like most people, when you heard about the facts, which was which made the weird like thing about like only two more minutes, only five more hours of oxygen left. Yeah, it's made the whole thing be very surreal, Like all the coverage this has been fucking all over the place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so weird, so ghoulish. So, as of this recording. There's still plans. A UK's Channel five had whipped together a quickie documentary Primetime Space Titanic sub Lost at Sea, which was scheduled to air tonight. Oh so basically just hours after the sub was scheduled to run out of oxygen. And we know when the sub was scheduled to run out of oxygen because on over on News Nation they actually had an oxygen remaining countdown clock during their coverage, like it was fucking New Year's Eve.
Speaker 4: And again this is also based on like the loose figure I believe thrown out by like Seagate, isn't that what they're called?
Speaker 2: Or o ocean gate.
Speaker 5: Wow, where the oh seagate makes hard drives? What the fuck am I talking about? Uh yeah, ocean gate?
Speaker 4: Like that figures then being like yeah, there's like four days or the oxygen on there, but how do you know that with like all the things that have been coming out the last few days where people who have like been on the sub themselves or even interactive with the're like, oh, I don't know about this.
Speaker 2: It was jank city. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And this, of course, the obsessive news coverage of the disappearance is a glaring contrast to the paltry attention that the media is given to the boat full of seven hundred migrants which sank while traveling from Libya to Italy last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: I mean I think we were talking answer like why are we so obsessed with this? Yeah, And like I think part of it is it allows us to sort of engage with tragedy without fully engaging with how tragic our current world is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, like I think on some level, some people are probably like, well, the billionaires live or die, because it feels like there's a little bit of separation between the idea of you and someone who has two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to go into like a fucking submarine to see the Titanic, and people who are like escaping the countries they're in to try and make have a better life, and their only recourse is to get on a boat that ends up capsizing, And like, you know, we're not seeing much of an outpouring of help in that direction, and I wonder, like it feels like it's like one of those things you're like, ah, man, there's like two like naval disasters. I think I'll take the one that feels a little less tragic rather than like confronting how fucked up everything is. And there's you know, like it's interesting the New Republic put a piece of I was like, wow, all this reporting about the Titan sub and not talking about this this boat full of migrants that capsized, and then like.
Speaker 5: Someone was like looking around. It's like they didn't, like, you.
Speaker 4: Guys didn't even talk about the boat, right, which, yeah, I mean like it's like again, I think it's just it's one of these things, like we're constantly bombarded with the tragedy of our actual lived world that I think a lot it was easier to just switch out because people aren't able to have empathy, especially for like brown refugees, that it just goes to oxygen countdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the mystery like not knowing whether they were alive or dead, and also not having to necessarily feel sorry for some of the people who died. And in terms of the guy who's fault it was was on board and then the billionaire. But yeah, I mean so CNN, like you know, our writer jam went through and like put together just like a list of all the things CNN had covered on it, and I mean, this isn't all of them, but it's just this like rundown of like billionaire explorer and prominent Pakistani father and son dual on board the missing sub Missing Titanic sub search continues. Officials fear oxygen running out. What's it like inside the Titanic touring submersible that went missing? Oxygen is running low on the Titanic bound submersible. A searchers race to say by missing and see. Search for Titanic submersible intensifies across vast area where banging sounds were detected, and then their latest story. News outlets go all in on missing Titanic submersible, But have they gone overboard and coverage?
Speaker 4: So they got Yeah, it feels like one of those things where people outside like of CNN and just like outside of the mainstream media sphere, like what about the other thing?
Speaker 5: And they're like, oh yeah, right right yeah.
Speaker 1: Presumably that last article was written by the hot dog man from I Think you should leaves Like it's like and we're all wondering who is to blame? Ye also just love a nautical pun based headline. The overboard in coverage. There's also the Wall Street Journal, like Editorial Board pendon article about how pro Publica's investigation into the lavish fishing trips of Aledo and his like billionaire benefactor were just a phishing expedition and like they didn't neither article had any content like wrestling with the content. It really just seemed like they were like, well, we greenlight this on the basis of it being a nautical pun.
Speaker 4: Well, but it was also it was a fishing trip in question, so I guess you can get away with that one.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah no, but that's that's what the double entendre. It's a it's a blast man, like, yeah, man, we can we can take both boxes.
Speaker 4: And it just reveals so many things like when this story happened, I remember like there are two camps of people on like the internet. One were like ha ha rich people in your tin can that look so janky from the outset, like okay, go ahead, and other people were like where's your empathy? And then then then the like then after a while, the where's your empathy? People were also being asked like, well, where's your empathy for this group of people who are also on a boat and hundreds more lives, right, we're talking about and then conservative media ended up finding a way to make this a culture war story too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fox News did a did a headline ocean Gate ceo explains why he didn't want to hire fifty year old white guys to pilot the sub Yeah.
Speaker 4: Super roducer Brian makes a good point, is like that line about not wanting to hire fifth year old white guys was him pushing back against experts who were probably constantly telling him this isn't how you should do it.
Speaker 5: That's not going to work.
Speaker 2: Uh oh right, thirty year old whitey experts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you mean people who are at like foremost in their field. I guess not all of them are like that. I'm sure he's referencing some people that he had a tiff with, but they said thirty eight sub experts were warning that this shit was not s Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: He was saying, like, instead, I want to go the route that like pizza shops do in the summertime and hire kids who are out of school for the summer who are just looking for some extra cash.
Speaker 5: Oh cool.
Speaker 1: There also does just feel like a tendency for the extremely wealthy to be so ensconced from consequences of their behavior that they like start doing shit like this, Dan, I think there's.
Speaker 4: Like there was. I yes, I was talking about how there was Like people were like asking psychologists like, well, what would compel someone to do.
Speaker 5: Something like this?
Speaker 4: And a lot of them are like, you know, people that are that wealthy can tend to be like disconnected from what real living is like and sometimes don't feel it in the same way, and they need to be in these situations that feel like existentially kind of iffy to kind of bring about this like feeling of like a lived experience or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's all very like.
Speaker 1: Once you get the all the money that you've been chasing and that you think is going to deliver like some sort of like you know, transcendental meaning into your life, and like instead it's just emptiness. Then you're like, well, maybe maybe I just start doing the wildest ship popping.
Speaker 2: I might die.
Speaker 5: Fucking I might die. Oh I didn't, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that feels good. Now let me go fire seven thousand people.
Speaker 1: Anyways, if you have a billionaire in your life, talk to them about make sure they're doing.
Speaker 5: Off and getting away their money.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk millennial humor. No no, and we're back. And I have actually seen this pop up on social media as not plucked in as I am on TikTok uh, people making fun of millennial humor and like here's how millennials like talk to each other and stuff, and then they all talk like characters from Like it's like a combination of like Dawson's Creek and like Juno seems to be how they think, like millennials speak to one another.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's like interesting again.
Speaker 4: I love gen Z because y'all keep us so real and you have us shook all the time when you've made a new observation when it's like what the fuck.
Speaker 5: Is this chugu shit, we're like choogy.
Speaker 4: And like, you know, even what was the last thing we were talking about, like the skinny jeans debate, like if they're dead and people asking gen Z be like are my pants backing up?
Speaker 2: Is this okay? Please please?
Speaker 4: But now it's like it's truly now they're saying like the millennial humor is cringe af, which mostly they're saying is like musical parody videos, Like they're like, look at this cringe ass millennial humor, which is like song parody schedu like a I know, but hey, these were this was the bread and butter of you know, the early tens uh digital comedy. It was all about the fucking musical parody. Uh. And then also talking about like just self deprecating jokes about like like they're there pointing in one thing where someone's like this garbage bag is just like me get it because I'm literally trash and it's.
Speaker 1: Like Jesus, so just self deprecation without humor, just yeah, yeah, yeah, really trash dude.
Speaker 5: And I think I get it.
Speaker 4: Like they're talking like cause again they are referencing these like like I remember on YouTube when you're like epic rap battles, you know, like in these other channels that were just doing musical parodies like that was like the hottest shit on the on the internets for a long time. And I think they're just looking back at this stuff and like, oh, y'all still on this ship.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: So weird al Not doesn't have a future in this world. Like what are we saying here?
Speaker 5: He's a grandpa fucking boomer dude, Okay.
Speaker 2: MTG versus Bobert.
Speaker 1: We talked tomorrow about the big showdown between Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg. But there's another showdown that seems to be even closer to blows than that one. Yeah, Marjorie Taylor Green verse Lauren bober Apparently.
Speaker 4: They had a you know, a little tiff, and someone clocked it on c SPAN that like on the house floor, Marjorie Taylor pulls up to Lauren Bobert and You're like, what the fuck are they talking about? And again we're like, people were like, we don't know what happened. Then we find out that basically Marjorie Taylor Green called her a little bitch because they were fighting over who gets to basically impeach Joe Biden. First they're like, I put out a bill and then recently Lauren Bobert's like, I'm putting out a bill that it's gonna impeach Joe Byron and all the Republicans are like fucking not now, please, Like we gotta do we got to try and do something else besides this, And I guess now she's doubled down, like when she was asked, like well, when Margie Taylor Green was asked like, do you guys you think you'll reconcile, you know, after like this little showdown.
Speaker 5: She said, absolutely not. She has genuinely been a nasty little bitch to me.
Speaker 2: What I didn't expect that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she came back, but she said I was sitting down, and so I stood up and said, I'm happy to clarify my public statements to your face. I told her exactly what I think about her. So I said, you need to shut up because the only person that's recognized to speak right now is Luna.
Speaker 5: This is like when someone else was speaking.
Speaker 4: It's just all very uh you know, yeah, yeah, and again like this is what happens when people racist meme their way onto the fucking seat of government. People have no idea how anything works, and they're only there because of like their grievance politics, and so it's just gonna play that out in real time and sadly just fucking people suffer because the business of Congress right now is gonna do things like pass like equal protections for people in the United States. It's like debating fucking gas stoves or going after the dumbest impeachments.
Speaker 2: So yeah, what are the impeachments over there? The hunter things?
Speaker 5: The Hunter, Yeah, like also like Biden's corrupt actions.
Speaker 4: You know, there's a few different ways they're trying to go about I think one might be with barisma, which we've heard this over and over again, and they're like, there's just no there there. And I think a lot of people, especially with people like Lauren Bobert and Marjorie Taylor Green, like there can't. They campaigned off of like and we need to impeach Joe Biden, like for what, Like, I don't know, because they impeach Trump, you know why, because like these things.
Speaker 5: Oh well I just figured that's like something you just do to someone.
Speaker 2: You impeach them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And again that reference is why Ted Cruz was like, I don't see an impeachment going anywhere because he could dance with the devil in the pale moonlight with a.
Speaker 5: Y and murder a baby.
Speaker 1: Well, those are are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, be at the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye.