Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kate Berlance.
Speaker 2: I'm Jacqueline Novak, And this is poog, an ongoing conversation about wellness between two obsessive friends, two untamable intellects. This is our hobby, this is our hell.
Speaker 1: This is our naked desire for free products. This is poog. Today's topics Lisi speaking doctor A Wallace. It's Fatal Sungazing community. It's interesting.
Speaker 2: Hi, it's interesting due too, Hello, due to you know, being sent hey video clip from the week. I'm going, oh my god, wow, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean visually what we look like. Yeah, yeah, everyone knows. Maybe they don't know, but it's it's ghastly when you wear those big the big cans, they push your face forward, chipmunk style. Because I saw a video of my it's actually worth going to take a look at it if you haven't, folks, it's a video of myself that's like it's as though I had been It's like it's like a sliding doors of like me if I were someone else, like if I lived. Just struct's last thing I've ever seen. It's like, I'm fine with it. It's like and it's like, but I just was like, that is really not me. Look, but it is me. And that's what we have to reckon with in those moments, the you, that's not you, but well, it's like that whole.
Speaker 2: And I get really confused about, you know, the mirror versus the whatever, but the whole, Like, you know.
Speaker 1: God, have you seen these videos of you know, the mirror clips, you know, mirror slip. Have you seen those videos where they bring a girl over to It's Not for the Truth and she starts crying. They're like they're like, this is what the world sees. And she's like and they're like, yeah, it's not flip. I've got the and like flips out because we never but it's not what a but a photo flipped. But that's why it's a photo.
Speaker 2: Confused, Like that's why we're constantly looking at our photos being like what is that?
Speaker 1: Who's that? It's like, yep, that's you, bitch, that busted ass person is you.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like I've suffered by not I think we talked about this, but I've suffered by not spending a lot of time in the mirror doing faces, basically seeing the same ailment. I know, Okay, I sense this, okay, And so I feel like I'm not in control of my instrument in that way. Now, there are some benefits comedically, of course, to have a kind of unconsciousness of the face, but.
Speaker 1: Well, we're ultimately I feel I feel conscious to face. Even though I have spent years in the mirror. I've discussed as an early child that was my sibling, myself in the mirror. But I'm still shocked by face as I make or that. I yeah, yeah, it's always a shock. The face is always a shock.
Speaker 3: Like are you looking and I mean this right now at me when you're talking.
Speaker 1: I look at you most of the time. Just in that moment, I was looking at myself because I'm always looking at you.
Speaker 3: Because I get shocked.
Speaker 2: Then in the videos where I can see myself listening to you, and I know I'm staring at you because I wouldn't allow what I'm doing with.
Speaker 3: My face if I were looking at myself. Do you see what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Oh, of course, Kate, I go do something, hold your face differently. There's people watching. This is insane. I mean it is. It is the It is the thing about the podcast, which is so different from life, from stage performance, of course, or anything else. We were talking we forget they can see. I mean hardly. You know, two hundred people see the videos. It's fine. We love yeah, those of you who do. By the way, By the way, I said, by the way, this actually has no this is a complete non sequitor. But I have one of these. Now, okay, it's not Stanley Brick. I didn't think. So I was at Whole Foods and they had they were having a big summer sale, big brat summer sale of and you know what I'm holding in my hands. I've seen it's hydro flax, Yeah, hydro flask brand. But the big Stanley what was that? People were like there was like mob crush people or crowd crush people were being like killed, stampeding together Stanley's I don't think laughing. There was then there was some like article that was like the Stanley leech is poison into your food, wolf whatever.
Speaker 2: And it's that it's on the outside though, but people say still like it's not the interior, but it's it's on the outside. And so then because I was eyeing those, I was like, yeah, I could kind of get into one of those, Like I don't characters cultural like meaning attached to it.
Speaker 1: I mean like good with this loser or croud wife sippy cup. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I love it. I literally literally like where is it? When I left it in the car the other night, I was like, oh, like you glad to get it?
Speaker 3: Be my friend. It would boost me and be like, let me grab my little friend.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. By the way, it is a little friend. It is a little friend. I have hydration through the roof really because one of these is a little over a leader put into a day away easily. And the straw. But then I've been afraid of straws because it's always a thing of chronic use of the straw creates line asshole mouth or whatever with the little lines. Yeah what mouth, I'm making that, but I didn't hear the words I said, asshole mouth.
Speaker 4: Oh pucker a cigarette pucker. Yeah, so that by the time you're seventy two, so that it's cinched, yeah, cinching, it's permanently puckered.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And I don't know that it cares. I know, I'm like, come on.
Speaker 3: I also I don't There are worst things you can do, yeah, first, like.
Speaker 2: Hydrate straw. I think there's some benefits to the straw with cheek muscles.
Speaker 1: Possibly. I like that. I have to look into that. Well, this is one of the moves that you know, yeah, yeah, right, yeah, the beauty Shuman, that's what you're doing it really well. I want to hear what's in my canteen, my knockoff Stanley. Oh, sure, do a homemade electrolyte drink this thing. I believe you're saying this.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe you're saying this because you're doing it because I'm about to launch into homemade electro like drinks. No, no, Because doctor Neil Barnard was like, why is everyone accepted citric acid in like every food product? Just like, oh, you think it's made of citrus or something. You think it's whatever. And he's like, we actually don't know, like the deal with if it's like not good, you know, like we.
Speaker 1: Don't not book. So now I'm thank you's getting off some of the powders. I know because I've been doing Superior. I just ordered a new jug of Superior.
Speaker 2: And I do like Superior and it's better than a lot of stuff out there. So sure, of course, of course, Hey, so what's in this? And this might sound gross? Want sound gross to you? Though, I guess, sure, I guess squeeze a honey sea salt and lemon.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me let me just go through it. You take your cip himlayan sea saltim pink salt. Okay, that's crazy. Also, we got to get into this. Do I need to get Celtic? I don't have Celtic sauce, I mean not Celtic. I've been saying words, it's not Celtic. It is Celtic. So I've heard Celtic. I've been saying in a way that is crazy. Wait, the Boston Celtics though, No, oh yeah, Celtic salt. Celtic, the Celtic, the Boston, the Celtics. I think it's Celtic salt, Celtic salt. It's probably Celtic. It's either No, I think there's some I don't know. I think I think I'm probably saying it incorrectly. But sorry to interrupted. Do I need Celtic salt? That's the big question, Celtic versus Himalayan pain. Because it was all about pink pink, pink pink. Someone was talking they're.
Speaker 2: They're like, pink is actually trash because they were like, there was who said it.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just rumor mill, you know. Let me just see what he's got to say about salt.
Speaker 1: Who's he? Gregor?
Speaker 3: Gone?
Speaker 1: Gregor? Okay, but what I have in my drink is yeah, yeah, go on pink salt, basically the juice of a full lemon and some such lemonhead, a whole cider vinegar things right, so far, got got it? A little splash, a little above a splash, A couple of splashes of apple cider vinning gar, as much as you can take, probably a tea spoon.
Speaker 3: That sounds smaller than probably more tablespoons are huge.
Speaker 1: I don't even notice this. I think I have a tablespoon in here.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean I I drink a lot of vinegar, so I'm not offended.
Speaker 1: I like it. No, but here's the secret to making it delectable. Sparkling water, well, damn, this is very interesting. No one's doing that water with ice. It is what brand of what apisode of vinegar just brags? Now, spark the peak performance, peak.
Speaker 2: Performance whipped into a bubbling frenzy with your own whisk and hand. Remind me to the sprouts. Oh, I couldn't write it. Down the the most the ideally the sparkling water that the champagne is sparkling waters. Geryl Steiner would be used because it's is.
Speaker 1: That the one that's like white peak is like again, there's white white peach.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that the color like is all right, give it to me and I I'll know if it's the one I was picturing.
Speaker 1: Geryl Steiner or Gerald Steiner. I don't know. I don't have time to correctly pronounce terms, but it's I think that is the one. The girl Steiner would be ideal. This is Mountain Valley sparkling, not Peak. Because I'm so scared now officially reaching peak. Alarm, alarm, alarm about aluminum seltzer cans. I've reached peak alarm.
Speaker 3: I know, hold on, I'm sorry, but it must be googled.
Speaker 1: What's so? What's going on? Aluminum?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: You knew it couldn't be right when you're reaching it was too good to be true. When you're crushing that can you go it's like, there's there's no way, there's no way it could be Lacroix cans aluminum. Well, Lacroix is the is the worst, but the PFA is I believe.
Speaker 2: Lacroix is it is the leading sparkling water. It is one percent recyclable in aluminum cans or glass bottles.
Speaker 1: Is not funny?
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on, does Lacroix still have PFA report? Lots were tested and part's familiar. Come on, knows.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I just want to know because I still drink it, and I know, I mean.
Speaker 1: We all want to know. It's a hard pill to swallow. And here I am going, so what I'm transitioning to sparkling water and glass prices double, you know, tripled perhaps, But that's the electrolyte drink of the summer. Try let me, let me pull it together. Okay, So lemon, how much lemon do you use? Half a lemon? It's all the flavor, Like, this is a really big container. So I probably I think I've the juice of a whole lemon in there, because I love lemon. Interesting, remember Himalian sea salt. I think I think I did. I think I did a whole tea spoit Himalian sea salt.
Speaker 3: Well that's interesting.
Speaker 2: You know. It's also interesting thing if you're trying to cut down on your salt. Potassium chloride. It's a little bit more bitter, but people cut their salt with it and you get minerals or something.
Speaker 1: You really are now.
Speaker 3: Well wait, but I'm confused.
Speaker 1: I've got the drink of the summer. I've got the salt of the summer. The computer's falling hold on.
Speaker 3: Let me just we all remember when that happened?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Okay? Many times that.
Speaker 3: Many times my computers during poog. Okay, I'm back. Look at my collar?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with it? Stay in blue? Yeahs ink? Oh wow, she's a writer. How'd you get that?
Speaker 2: I'm hoping by the way it's been playing in my head all week.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I think must be thrown in a bag with a fountain pen nearby all week, or maybe it's been two weeks, or I don't know. I've been replaying in my head when I told you, like, and you can play a game with the plant points, okay, and then you were going, yeah, just love that, okay, and I will be playing in my head like every time I'm in the kitchen thinking about your plant points. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean that. Adults wouldn't I wouldn't mean that. I was yeah, nothing's wrong.
Speaker 2: With okay, but but do you want to show be for fun, breakdown what what's been stewing about it?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, all right?
Speaker 2: So so then the next thing that I am stewing over is my response okay to that, which was this thing where whatever I argued for the kids enjoying it. Sure, And then I was like and then I went solemn, and then I believe I was like, and I don't even know. I mean, I haven't listened back. I just remember being like, artistically, I agree with you, and you were like, yeah, you know, you know, And it's like what it is is like when I was positing this and you can count the plant points. I knew I was posing something that is like, of course, you know, I know, ridiculous, Yeah, I know. And so it's almost this like horror that I had been misunderstood as like the.
Speaker 3: Same or something like and I'm like a fool, who's whatever?
Speaker 1: Of course not.
Speaker 2: And then and so I've just been sort of like having the conversation in my head at my sink.
Speaker 1: That's where it always is, h We're gonna have it again, Like the continer.
Speaker 2: Keeps slipping to the side, and it's like it's like squaling killing me. Yeah, and it's.
Speaker 3: It's like the weight is coming from somewhere.
Speaker 2: I've been watching podcasts and uh, you know, video podcasts to not get sucked into narrative television at night, which where I always decide to watch more because I must know.
Speaker 5: M h.
Speaker 3: It's been interesting to watch other people take it past at the genre.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you know it's like, well, well they get us in together, it's over. Can you imagine we should try full frame? I know, got some Beauty by Josin or I'm saying it the like green Goo ways Josin k Beauty. I believe it's the Korean brand. I didn't receive it. I paid for it out of pocket. It's a it's an SBF. It's a facial screen.
Speaker 2: Now, who inspired you to get Let me guess, Charlotte Parlor?
Speaker 1: No, who's that?
Speaker 3: I might I might have her name wrong right now, but one of the founders of do.
Speaker 1: Oh No No I Got this is a friend.
Speaker 2: This is a oh whoa like a pink good lady desperate to look better on the videot look a slotty and I can't see.
Speaker 1: Let me see go on a little red lip stick. Never heard No, I A fancy friend was like, oh, actually I had this moment really it really kind of scared me. We're at We're at a beauty We're in a makeup store, and there was a I think it was I was like, I have a AWA's been curious to try this, the cosis co sauce like something do. It's like SBF that's slightly tinted. And I was like, oh, yeah, that looks nice. Put on my hand. So interested if they want to send it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And uh.
Speaker 1: My friend was like I wouldn't use that as your primary soundscreen though, And I got this pit in my stomach of like I've been under sp f ing, have I? Because sometimes I won't be clear if I'm going out. Let's say I'm going on a walk, I'm gonna like kind of be in the sun with a hat on, of course, but you know then maybe I'm using something else. But I am going out there going, oh my ilia SBA fifty serum like tinted more covering me never reapplied once in my life. Of course, who the fuck is doing that? People are out there? Oh it's been three hours. I mean I sort of holding over to the side of the road direction. What do you do well, I'm moving? Oh god, Oh yeah, is that a thing I forgot? Is that real? Yes, you can do that. I'm noticing fine lines on the left side of my face, not my right right. Well, anyway, so she said that and I went, oh god. And then she was like, I really like this stuff and I trust her, yeah, deeply, and so I purchased it. It just came today. I haven't haven't taken it for a spin yet.
Speaker 2: But I ordered their serum a long time ago and it came in a very small bottle. So that was sort of a shock. Okay, I guess this is one of the you know, but but Charlotte over it.
Speaker 5: Do you know.
Speaker 2: She really gets into the different SPF stuff and because you know, you're supposed to use I think a full teaspoon. Okay, a full teaspoon, I believe. Every time she's like, even though people I don't want that one because it's chemical or whatever, you know, she she's her point is I need you bathing in your SPF. Okay, I need you using a lot. So if you're not going to use the mineral one because of the cast it leaves or yeah, thanks whatever. Then I knewed you using a ton of the chemical one.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, here we go.
Speaker 3: So she's doing find one that you're willing to bathe in, you know, and and then you know what.
Speaker 6: Else she does. It's next level. So I think she shows how to what. Actually, no, I don't put it over makeup. I was gonna over spray bottle, but it would come out that's maybe.
Speaker 1: Well, that's I mean, the search for the spray I've been on this Supergroup has a huge problem because Supergroup. By the way, I've been using Supergroup, I love them. I love the play like body sun screen. I think it's a great It's like lotion like. It doesn't feel sticky or anything. I'm here to tell Corporate the Invisible Shield, the Supergroup Invisible Shield spray, which I've purchased. Sometimes the bottle doesn't work, Okay, bottle doesn't work. I go buck to the factory. The bossbel doesn't work.
Speaker 3: The bottle doesn't spray. After you cannot get product out.
Speaker 1: I would say hammer for two days at were literally too okay, this is unbelievable. By the way, I thought I had a frequent from the factory. I bought another one same.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got sent a second one and then nothing, and then.
Speaker 1: I'm purchasing it and going, yeah.
Speaker 2: The back of the factors open closed, I mean pressed out with my finger, and it's like it's like so one one week and then I think at some point I had to toss it, being like, you're not getting in this, like my my plans that I was gonna knock into it with a with a jocolins it, like I can't be your cannon drink it from the side.
Speaker 1: I threw it away. I can't believe it's so useless. This is huge. And we say this and we again, we love super Goop and they send us things in they're friends of the pod, but we just you know, this is the kind of constructive feedback something of the product.
Speaker 2: With that particular it's like it's too hard to press down. And then I went through the company something. Remember I went through this with a gee company. There was like a G company I was into.
Speaker 1: And packaging issues. There's yeah, there's a packaging issue. And they sent to me, I go, this one's still not working, guys, And we keep going. But we got a flaw, a design critical design flaw.
Speaker 3: That's interesting I'm just thinking about other packaging issues.
Speaker 1: Packaging issues are dangerous. Oh my god, you know what I bought. It's changed my life. It's so fun. A vitamin. Do you take vitamins? I'm kind of like, jury's out. Yeah, I'm kind of like, you know, but I'm kind of having fun with it. By the way, Fatty, I've been taking Fatty quite religiously. They sent us some. I just found it last night my supply. Yeah, because my generously sent us a year. I don't know where that Oh god, I like taking me notice it was like vegan capsule. I was like, because I couldn't remember, and I just like saw it and I couldn't remember. I know people swear by it, but I couldn't remember why. And then I had trouble on motivating to swallow it. Really pills the supplements, which ones are crossing over each other? In terms of my notes, this is where I struggle. Oh, I know, that's where I'm running back to food. Piss it out well, foods.
Speaker 2: For running back to plant diversity plant points per week, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Food's definitely number one. But but for some holes taking some coke ten, I don't know that's how you say it. I don't know, probably not.
Speaker 3: It's like the utter. I just see the three things in my head. It's very confusing.
Speaker 1: Coke or I mean, is there no U coke? Ten? I don't know. I don't know. Vitamin D. But the point is I got one of those vitamin cases. It's a circle. Each day's a little heart, and all the hearts make the days of the week. I think I've seen them like a child. I love it.
Speaker 3: And now does each one flip open each heart? Or does it each day flips open?
Speaker 1: Plastic?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, highly toxic. I actually had that thought, of course, and then I was like, like, like, everything's pastic plastic, and men are literally mass sterility. You're aware every ball if you rip it open, beautiful cod in plastic. Yeah, I say, how beautiful it is. I just was like, you're looking in the beautiful way. Mother nature said no or whatever something like that.
Speaker 2: No, but but it is.
Speaker 1: It is wild mass sterility, and so the plastics. But it's like, well, I'm ingesting that. You know, it's it's over, but we can limit it. Where are they where?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been a little more conscious. I had a massive meal prep.
Speaker 1: I know you text me. You were like, I haven't. I've been meal prepping for four hours standing. I hadn't moved because so what are you doing? I need meds? Okaying back on Porridge, I keep going. Okay, huge week for Porridge, Huge week for me too, That's what I meal prepped. Okay, wait walking through it? What are you doing? So I took eighty d meds.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The thing is, I was at the sink and then I thought one thing, and then I thought another thing, and then.
Speaker 1: I just moved from the eighties.
Speaker 2: They're like, this is a prescription that had to be filled in New York and mailed to me, and you can arrest me for that, Okay, because California.
Speaker 1: Is really a fresh RX.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I I have like I've.
Speaker 2: Actually to myself been saying, my life has become a manageable I know, I know. Literally I was crying in bed, like I was this is ad.
Speaker 1: I made one call out to a potential add doctor. They called me back. I have responded, Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: They need to follow up. They need to know who they're dealing with. We really need to talk about the book I'm reading about this, by the way, which book we're going to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Did I loan it to you? Do not know?
Speaker 2: The book I've been pushing on you for day is the sending you screen grabs you've been reading it.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's a physical book. It's on your phone screen grab. Yeah, I mean, but it is offered that way, I believe.
Speaker 2: So remind me if I if I forget this conversation to return to organizing uh solutions for add okay, because I like life changed time. So I'm like, I'm like, my life's becoming manageable. And and then I think, all right, I'm going to try the different meds. And I was reading Hollowell and I'm going, all right, we're going back in, you know, and eating ADDHD two point zer, which we've discussed.
Speaker 1: I'm googling.
Speaker 2: I get to this one guy Barkley, who's like some kind of I don't know. He's a big shot you in your world right now, and he's men.
Speaker 1: Your guys are so funny. Doctor uh yeah, doctor Abe Wallace. You made up name. But but you yea with all your fellows trading cards of the doctors, you know, the bags with the merch that's like this and this and this and this.
Speaker 2: I've been dreaming of this, like Aston and Gregor, like it would be like you know those fan things that are like, you know, I just want to think of it of a good example, like it would be the struggle to do this right now. It's like, you know, here's the bad example. Okay, like Threau and Walden and Nietzsche.
Speaker 1: And okay, okay, sorry I did not.
Speaker 3: I'm Likeselston and.
Speaker 2: Gregor and Barnard, you Knowlton and Gregor and Barnard and whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, that on a tote. Yeah, okay. For the people that are into the.
Speaker 2: Whole foods based revolution would be like okay, or like the family, the Esseleston family members all in I want.
Speaker 1: My I want my God and Gus and you know what I mean, I want my shipment.
Speaker 3: I followed up, it's being sent to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, keep going anyway. Anyway, so you were saying about the book. What were you saying?
Speaker 2: Okay, the organizing but but that was all. Remind me to tell you about the organizing things. There was something before it that you were telling me about. Wait, also remind me of the SPF over the makeup. Shut this down.
Speaker 1: He needs to get medicated.
Speaker 3: So well, I am right now, but I took a little less than I did.
Speaker 1: Yes, you have kind of a placid, calm look on your face. Well the first day.
Speaker 2: You're like this is when someone looks at their child and goes like, well it's medication the answer. Oh but Barkley, Well now we're into the add right, But I want to talk about my meal prep.
Speaker 1: Just write it down for me meal fa Okay, go to meal prep, go to meal prepay. Remember things.
Speaker 3: We just the things I just said, we'll get we'll get covered, all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there are certain listeners who if we do this, we write down the threads as we go and then return to them before the episode. Reminded by producer, there are certain minds who literally go, wait, but you never said certain.
Speaker 1: Minds of course, people that were constantly jumping off certain minds. We're like, Maden, can you imagine there was a reason you can't list this? Yeah? Actually, you know what I had. I had this thought today I was chopping before pooh. I was like, maybe this is so obvious, like why meant? Why say it? But the poog thing, It's like like we've gained and lost and gained listeners, right, like people might listen to us and go, you know what, I fucking can't handle these two.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's for sure, but like we've actually came back growth really except for when we fell off and weren't really putting up episodes regularly.
Speaker 1: There was like, sure, that makes sense, you know, but but no, But I'm just saying it really is. And that's the it's like a front. It's like, that's the intimacy because people can go, you know what, I can't fucking listen to a ship anymore. They go away and come back they go, oh, she's changed. She's not talking about that so much anymore. She's actually on it, do you know what I mean? Like, it's interesting because you and I and this is the Poog promise, which is.
Speaker 3: We do not face with the audience. We are not audience facing, but.
Speaker 1: We But I mean I felt everyone. I had a hag come up to me and I went, they're they're out there, They're really here. We love you like they're on the side. Yeah, they're in the sexy, they're lingering in the sexy.
Speaker 3: And I just can't believe I haven't been stopped in airwon a single time.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Although by the way, I've cut my air one usage down to like zero dollars a month.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jack almost Jacqulie.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: This is a non this is a non exaggeration. It's a huge announcement. I can't wait to tell you. I want to actually look at the date I have been to Airwon and this is not an exaggeration. Twice in six weeks. Yeah, yeah, that's compared to twice a day. Okay, Okay, And I'm not fucking kidding you. I know I would. I would sometimes be there twice a day.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: One time I went three times. Yeah, one time I went and sometimes hit one on the west side, different on the east side. Yeah, what I was. Don't you feel I need to do that? Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. I have breaking news. Okay, oh my god, what, by the way, that really got it to this? I've never seen a more No, I'm ready. The foods not good. Okay, Okay, this is.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take my off to talk about here we go. Okay, listen to this, Listen to this.
Speaker 2: I'm coming alive, okay, because I haven't even dared to think that and in your opening my mind, okay, because I have a little bit to say.
Speaker 1: Okay, by the way, okay, sure it a pins my help salad. I want miracle noodles. Now I want a fucking coconut Crispy chicken tender. Listen to me. Went the other day, Yeah, jobs on the floor. My sweetheart got a vegan like sushi Crispy sushi like sandwiche thing where they smashed it. They're very there.
Speaker 5: They're like.
Speaker 1: I was like, how is it. They're like it's okay. I took a bite. I go, that's shit. Yeah. The Crispy rice was not. It was like is this rice? Do you know what I mean? It was like it was so poorly made. And then I had this moment and it broke my heart because I went to the pizza bara. So I went to the pizza bar. I got this like a Brockley crust pizza thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The pizza by the way, and like the regular slices fucking are good. Okay, so take it back, but they like they have like some broccoli crust whatever. I had it once before and I was like, this is pretty good. I go there, really really sweet guy behind the thing and do you want to heat it up? Yes, please, I take it out. I sit down. It's fucking not hot. I go back and I go, oh, I took I had cut a bike. I go, oh, Hi, is it possible I could get this reheated?
Speaker 2: Because I wanted to him to know that an it almost makes it sound like you was it pretty quick? After after ten minutes, I'm wondering if he thinks minutes, can I get reheated? Because like I didn't get it in my mouth fast enough.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I was kind of did it. I think he did. He did that, but just didn't know it was. So that's why I said reheting someone to go, I know I've been gone.
Speaker 6: It was ten minutes, maybe fifteen minutes, okay, So I think ten okay, and.
Speaker 1: He goes, God bless him. He's like, oh, did you take a bite of it? Because it's like he can't put it in. He goes, I'm going to get you a new one. He's like this one, that one was ugly or something. He said like he's like, I did't that one. I'm gonna get you a fresh one or something. Oh, thank you. I take it back outside. It's fucking hot.
Speaker 2: Not hot or not like cold spots because everything I should nothing's frozen there.
Speaker 1: But some things frozen. But like I'm not even saying like, oh but it's warm. I'm talking about I take a bite and like this is like the very room. Yes, but like really And then the sweetheart he was like, came out and then he stopped by the table because he had gone. He goes, he goes like, how's that slice working out for you? I was like, it's great because of course, because he I mean, this guy, I was like.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, my well, one of the core experiences for me, one of the absolute core okay in my life. I've told him I'll talk. I'm in college, right, I'm at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: I wish we were friends in college. Can you imagine so cute? Okay, keep going, I would have been. I've noticed that I keep going a lot. Have you know said about me? Not the podcast is in life that's not familiar to you. Keep going? I think I say that that's familiar because that's me trying to be like I'm sorry, I interrupted like going keep going?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't think anything.
Speaker 1: I keep going. I was about to say, but that makes sense, I don't mind, keep going, keep coming, I keep having.
Speaker 2: It's like when we discovered that my mother okay, I was like, you know, you do this thing like whenever my mother laughs okay, like in the midst of talking, and then she goes okay.
Speaker 1: At the beginning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it'd be like I don't even know what they were talking about. Okay, and Jeeves, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I do it, but then can't say every time, that's quite cute. All right, what's going on over there? Look your manicure or your phone?
Speaker 1: So I did briefly look at my phone, only the top because we're parting a prescription delivery.
Speaker 3: Well it's medical. I don't care, but I just want to know because I'm always the hounds.
Speaker 1: Back down. The phone's back down. Now, what did you see? Her phone? Jaquline like a cartoon character. The light eliminated your face and you made it and you made a look like what was on there? That's just the terror.
Speaker 2: There were texts and I'm going, I'm going, and I've seen your text emailed about pushing several times, and each time it shocks me because I haven't opened it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, go back to the pizza, go back to the pizza. So I'm in college.
Speaker 2: Me and my friend go out to dinner at one place, and we decided let's extend the evening and go for a coffee and dessert at another restaurant.
Speaker 1: Romance. Are you dying for it again? Okay?
Speaker 3: Imagining us, okay, us in class together, can you imagine.
Speaker 1: Do you think we'd always sit each other obviously? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and wildly our eyes lighting up as we're.
Speaker 1: Doing cycle lauistics. Would imagine like letting other people talk well that hard be? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Would we be dominating and cackling.
Speaker 1: Or recede into shadows and do it all after a big after could be?
Speaker 2: So we go to for dessert, okay, and we get there and we're like, you know, hey, we're doing dessert okay, And the waiter comes over and you know, we're in this kind of vibe and it's like, you know, we're here for dessert. So we're like, it's you're making a thing of the dessert experience a little bit almost to legitimize.
Speaker 3: Maybe we had a cocktail too, I don't know, Okay, but what should we get?
Speaker 2: It's the only food we're getting there, so what should we get the whole thing and he's like you literally like you, I don't know if it was called a chocolate lava cake, which like sounds very Applebee's okay, but like he described it, and he was clearly describing that, Okay, that sort of thing. So chocolate cake with a molten lava center of chocolate, right, and he's like describing this thing. Okay, yeah, and we're getting all we're getting into it, and he's like it's a must. And then with the vanilla ice cream in the whole thing, and the whole thing. Yeah, And I mean it was like we were It was a real build up and like, yep, that's the one, not the tart that we're doing it, like molten lava chocolate. Oh no, it gets dropped off, I think by someone else, Okay, an interloper in my relationship with the waiter. Okay, dropped off and we're like here we go. Okay, we stabbed the fork in and the fork kind of doesn't move. Okay, the post stuck. Okay, this can't be right. You push again.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's lifting the it's lifting the cake off the plate.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Fudgy thick things happening in there. Okay, we sort of cut into it. This is solid, this is solid fudgy chocolate. Okay, it was not not heated through. So we're like, okay, oh Jesus, oh god, you know, praying he doesn't come back. Okay, and then from across the room, of course he's coming back. Of course, it's like checking. Okay, fifty feet away.
Speaker 1: It was a big restaurant.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like across the room, like my eyes like in looking to not make eye contact with him, my eyes are darting around the room, and that thus we catch each other's eyes and he does a big like what I tell you?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 2: Is it good?
Speaker 7: And I was like, yeah, of course, of course, you know absolutely, and then we rapidly ate the cold fudge to get rid of the evidence.
Speaker 1: Oh, to protect him. You gotta protect of course.
Speaker 3: The things we do for the waiters actually huge news.
Speaker 2: I went to I went to Crossroads, a vegan restaurant, first time. Yeah, it's pretty wild. It's interesting experience. Tempe Pacada, Oh Shipiza, and I heard the pastas are good pasta. It was like a bologna. It's interesting over there. Causapolitan. I'm having for a cold cause yeah, yeah, last.
Speaker 8: Dad's Vibe they're back. It's a throwback I think last summer though they were kind of like sexy, like once again, you know, they weren't just the sex and the city tour. It's my point come back around.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a drink called called Dad Vibes. It was mescal, there was I think pineapple in It was quite good. And then I followed up with Margarita, Uh beautiful. I was thrilled to see because I didn't know, okay, and it's been there a long time, like a stalwart is that.
Speaker 1: The word I mean?
Speaker 2: But you know, a a something or other of of the La restaurant scene as a long time vegan restaurant, right, So it feels like you're going into a place that it's meant something to.
Speaker 3: A lot of people for a long time, and you're like, what's it going to be?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it going to be like sun in there? Classic? Okay?
Speaker 2: Is it going to be sort of feel like, you know, the vibe? And so I was real to discover good atmosphere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh totally. I would love to go with you. I also would love to go to Planta or Planta planta. I'm very good to go there. Yeah, let's go there. Let's go there. Let's get that on the books. By the way, someone has a birthday coming up me, of course, and I'm going to need five to six celebrations, and I would like one of them to be dinner with you. Great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe we'll wee, we'll try a plant or whatever.
Speaker 2: But it was interesting, although the way I've been eating, with the being a nutritarian, you found it challenging.
Speaker 1: Things that are like, we're no clue what's what it's made of? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Of course, it's like it's like, you know, it's like the fake cheeses that are not made of nuts are made of like coconut oil. It's just kind of I threw my hands up and accepted it as as a sort of that kind of experience. But I was just thinking, you know, there's a hole in the marketplace, at least so far in my opinion, if someone could do could simultaneously prioritize you know, clean you know, nutrient sort of you know ingredients combined with attempting things that fall into.
Speaker 1: The realm of comfort food like you know that. But it's not.
Speaker 2: About you know, trying to fake a cheeseburger. You know, it's like if you could do both, that would be if I could know that. I was getting like, okay, like you're getting the bolognis and guess what, You're not gonna believe that this bologna is made of sunflower seed, you know, sweet potato jackfruit.
Speaker 1: You know, wouldn't that be amazing? You said Burger, And then I got I got distracted because I had I think, what is right now? My number one cheeseburger in Los Angeles? Just Burger, she wrote, And I had a Burger, the maybe moaned. So these these names never die, guys, I know, I know, Burger unbelievable. When I left, I lingered by the kitchen because I kept I didn't have the courage. I wanted to say something. I wanted to say, you guys, fucking you're fucking doing it, and I thought you waited I left. I left. I was really the opening. I don't know what I was waiting for. I was not waiting for someone to glance see you. I just wanted to what you're doing? Yeah? Yeah, But it was a very interesting group, and I was when I was at Crost, very interesting crowd and I went there on a cute little date and we were sitting there at the bar and saw something very interesting, which is a couple, man and woman come in. She's dressed, she's she's on date night. And by the way, and I love people dress up. I love this. Okay, of course she's got high heels on, she has a dress on. Yeah, they go, They're let over to a two top a booth and a chair. Wait, he takes a booth and a chair. It's like, yeah, a bench, I'm sorry, bank at or whatever. He takes the booth. I go. I almost walked up to the table, pushed him in his chest and said, give her the booth. Yeah, you fucking animal to.
Speaker 2: See this?
Speaker 3: Are you dead on the nurse's chest?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I learned this long long time ago when dating a med student, if you can imagine.
Speaker 3: Okay, but he's like, so cool, okay, and give him one of these like like you.
Speaker 2: Came across someone in a hallway on a bed and he's like, I just want to leave, like cadaver here, you know, doctor.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he gave her the he made her sit in the chair. Is possible, No, it's not. Well, just thinking where was this possible? What's possible? Hey, do you want the actually chair?
Speaker 2: The chair seating in some way back? Was it positioned better? Like better view? I was just trying to think. I don't think so, I wouldn't say, but I was looking around the room like way too eager to make eye contact with like other people.
Speaker 1: I feel like there was there there's like no and by the way, what are you like swingers? I feel like people are there like meet up. Really I was there. I was going, why am I having?
Speaker 2: Why do I feel like I could like be like can I watch just like sure, well there's there's I mean, just like to the next table.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was observing people over.
Speaker 3: Looking around exploring plant We're exploring plant.
Speaker 1: Based Yeah, totally. We got to go to plants the Holy Ship.
Speaker 3: But Planta looks tasty, well plants.
Speaker 1: I'll just say this. I'll just say, yeah, you know, it's like vegan sushi. But they did this thing that was like an egg plant the garry where they smoke the egg plant where it's like that is it tastes like the charred like fish? Like I was blown away.
Speaker 2: Imagine the cold eggplant tasting like fish with warm.
Speaker 1: Oh it was warm. It was like charboiled. M wow, tarb. I'm saying, you know what I'm trying to say when they flame towards it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Something that happened to me yesterday that I didn't even realize that I hadn't uttered, And I uttered it right before the podcast. I wanted to tell you because I was like, is this the sign of someone who's anxious? Probably? First of all, a couple of months ago, I read somewhere when you're.
Speaker 2: Seeing your red nails, and I'm just remembering that I I dreamt last night I was getting a red manicure.
Speaker 1: This is kind of an orangey Ferrarie very summer.
Speaker 2: By the way, Hallowel says, adhd brain is Ferrari uh Ferrari brain with note with bad breaks Chevy breaks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry chevys. I you know, by a month ago, experiencing a lot of stress, I heard that being startled easily is like a oh yeah, it's like, ah, I heard that.
Speaker 3: I read that was an add thing.
Speaker 1: Oh really your kid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're like if you're essentially your tensions locked on something.
Speaker 1: Because I would say I am startled a little easier, I'm like, oh, I think I scream when Chris dropped off the something. Yeah, yeah, totally. I've had so I I had this happened about a month ago where I had, you know, a garage clicker. I was holding the garage clicker. You picture, it's kind of a little black object. I was holding it in my hand. I saw it my periphery. I didn't scream, but I kind of did like a I thought, yeah, I thought it was like something like a rat or something. I just couldn't I was like, and then it was just I was holding the clicker.
Speaker 2: It was really I was like, that's a little bit much to be shocked by something in your own hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was really something that was in your own hand. Yeah yeah, and that's kind of unusual. But yesterday I'm driving with my mother, always a struggle, but driving, I'm driving, yeah, and I said, but but I was feeling kind of like okay, so it's okay. So we're parking up by this restaurant, right, and I was like, hey, you get out because it was like pulling up close to a big bush or it's like she wouldn't be able to get out at all parks or not going right into the bush. She sure gets out. I'm starting in a parallel park, I hear, or just wasn't a parallel that's not important. I started to park. I heard as I'm parking, I hear maybe this like like the tiniest sound, like could it be just the tiniest okay, so small that I barely registered and I didn't even react to it. Okay, So I park, I get out of the car, I come out.
Speaker 2: Mom.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's not there. I go, mom My adrenaline, my adrenaline, I go, did I just did I just clean run over my mother? Yeah? I was almost. I got my first My first thing was I got into the car and I pulled forward.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's okay, bizarre behavior.
Speaker 2: I pulled forward because you could just get out again, there's nothing there, Like, do you see what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: That's the wrong move. I look, okay, ship then I looked under the car. Right I should And then the relief I go, I didn't hit her. Okay. I come around and then she comes around the corner kind of like and she has this puzzle look on her face, like, what's taking you so long?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I've parked kind of like the first parking job was perfect. The second job is kind of shitty because my nerves are shot and I thought I had cleanly run over and killed her. And I don't mention it. I just kind of go into lunch and I forgot to relate it. But that's way I feel like. I had that recently where it was whatever was adrenaline. I was like, I was like, it's happened. Yeah, yeah, where did that happen to me recently? Where I was convinced and like full body reaction, like it's happened. It's happening, Like you know what I mean, Like like what it was this thing in the Comeback when Valerie Church gets not even bitten by the dog, like scratched, she goes, it happened. It's like, so it's so familiar, like or even I have I have a fear of white oleander. This is these things like my mother remember told me the story of white old I remember her going, that's a poisonous flower. To what white she goes. There was a family went on a picnic and they stirred their fruit punch with a white oleander branch, and the family of four died. And they found the four of them at the picnic. My mother's not like a story Okay, yes, I mean, who knows, but I remember her telling me that as a child, and I was like, incredible, Okay, well permanent archive, like why are we and why are we? Like why are we near white?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So boo could eat that. Yeah no, totally so white. I think it's only fatal in humans though, which is interesting. How could that be? That can't be? Okay, So there's an only ader. There's a big oliander bush on the side of the house and the doctor I know this, okay, the other night, and we're cutting down the oleander for because it's like near the event whatever the point is. It was a it was a smart thing of it a safety thing because of the hot air being blown out. Okay, partner was wise enough to know we should punt it back. So it's like they're pruning it back. I'm holding a flashlight, okay, I'm making sure that they don't just people a little bite yeah, oh no, just like so then they start gathering and I go, they just got a tattoo, like a new tattoo. Yeah, so like maybe like the skin's a little open, and I go, whoa, whoa. I was like careful cover. I was like, the White Olanders should not get into your own wound. And and then and I kind of and they were like it's and they're very sweetly were like it's fine. Like I'm wearing like it's really knocking propab and I and I and I kind of like, very very sternly said it's fatal, yeah, like if it goes in your mouth, you know. And I was like so. And then I found myself near the White Oleander, not breathing, not taking deep less like I was like scared of it would be nice to know, like what movie was White Oleander? Huge cast? Right, Michelle Pfeiffer and saying no more in the seat. All I need is Michelle, you know what's a kind of a fun summer movie is What Lies Beneath? Oh yeah, that's like I'm only saying because there's water, yeah, only under poisoning. What lies beneath? Fucking rules If you haven't seen.
Speaker 2: It, nag a vomiting cardiac of moral. I'm just curious, like how much.
Speaker 1: Needed how much White Oliander?
Speaker 2: My friend and just my friend. Wait, hold on a second, I'm moving Laurel Canyon. Oh man, I may have I maybe I'm consigning my couch, and you know, I had the moment of panic of like, can't let it go?
Speaker 1: Wait what couch? What my like like seventies? Oh yeah, your old school? Yeah yeah, and you can't let me go. By the way, how are you even fitting it in the house? Please send me a picture. I bage you. I will. I I have ways.
Speaker 3: Anytime people think things don't fit, I find a way.
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, it's like I balanced signing.
Speaker 2: Someone's doing it, someone's someone's offered to do it, and so that's like a store.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, well we'll see. I'm not sure, we'll see, and I have to let it go.
Speaker 2: I tested my friend Paul, who was there for my big couch search years ago, and I was like, tell me it's okay to let it go, you know, like it's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, he was like he was like, let's see exactly what he said because he was there. I went through a psychotic couch search.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, I know couches are. Let's see where he is. I'll shave years off your life.
Speaker 2: Years I spent trying to find the right couch back back when I got this one, and.
Speaker 1: So I forgot about after I had done. I forgot about something I've been doing for maybe three days. It's changed my life. I can't wait with grounding. We discut, Yes, we discussed it briefly and yeah, we can't get off. Jacqueline came over.
Speaker 2: He said, get rid of it, and he knows that couch originally told me, yes, get that one. You know, Yeah, loves it, gets it, knows the whole thing. Okay, He's like, get rid of it.
Speaker 1: When a friend tells you something, you do it. You've had it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting thing about it, you've had it. Okay. He goes it was stellar and now needs to move on.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it, and I'm like, it's Paul, so excited that your plant based now Yes, grew LinkedIn archives or at Einstein's Underscore m C where I get all my things.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows. Huge anouncement. Sleeping with the phone in another room. I know people have been doing this. Did it one night and yes, the internet router is still blazing near my head a whole hours. I have to figure that out.
Speaker 2: It's a hard Habit moves the family. Hearth emf coming out of a router. You just sit around it for warmth.
Speaker 1: Oh God, it's not ef. I don't know. Looked on Reddit one sounds like it's fine. I'm like, okay, so phone in the other room, waking up, going and putting my feet flat on the ground. By ground, I mean grass patch. If you're if you're lucky enough to have earth, any earth, will do. Feet on the ground, head up facing the sun, eyes closed, of course, but directly on the face sun. Not for a long time I'm talking about. Also, you want to keep you stare at the sun.
Speaker 2: But you want to you want to be out there, but you want to make sure they get in the retina or you're not going to get the mellet the mellow tone in Wait.
Speaker 1: What do you mean it's got to go on the eyes? Doesn't it go in your eyes even if your eyes are closed, your eyes are right there underneath the skin.
Speaker 2: Well, my, when I had to have a major sleep intervention, the doctor, the head of the sleep center said where I was like, can I get a bright light that wakes me up in the morning, And like the light wakes me up? And she's like, that's not going to do it for you. You need to sit in front of this blue light for thirty minutes at start of the day with your eyes open, you know. So I don't know, but my point is make sure you stay out there for a few minutes, just.
Speaker 1: Normal like sungazing.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, I'm not saying sunngaze. I'm saying no, I know, Okay, I don't okay, no, no absolute freaks. We're not a sungazing community here. But I just put my head up.
Speaker 1: But even just feeling that the morning sun on your face uninterrupted, like it feels good. I feel like it's fucking done. I get outside as quickly as I can. I can't do the whole delay coffee thing yet. I'm not there yet. Oh god.
Speaker 2: Because doctor B was talking about and doctor but it's fiber fueled.
Speaker 1: Points. He's the pampoint points, plant point.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I got to the end of the book where he has like this meal plan for fully you know, developing the microbiome, the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Thirty plants a week, okay.
Speaker 2: Variety is meaning like make sure you have thirty different plants a year, right, And anyway, I got to his thing.
Speaker 1: It was wild. It was like here's this.
Speaker 2: It was like it's it's kind of like mind blowing. If if I pull it out, recipes, whatever, whatever, it doesn't matter. Point is, but he's like talking about how he delays the caffeine as part of his you know, twelve hours from when he last date to when he eats. You know, he does twelve to sixteen hours or whatever it is. You know, but he does not do coffee during the fasted period. Okay, he holds until he eats because it gives the microbiome a break. I'm like, what like, basically letting the micro biome reset. It gives a little time, I guess instead of slashing the coffee down there. Oh my god, I back on anatomy. Okay, started googling. You know how big is the stomach for real? You know? Because my visual of a basin in my torso, yeah, like a pasta water pot that the food is dropping into isn't cutting it, you know what I mean? And it's not helping me have an accurate sensor. Yeah, it's very glove like. So so I go I'm googling. I was. I couldn't have been more happy. I see it because I see a video of a guy who you know, cadavers. Okay, he's there with his cadavers and he shows you things, and I'm like, yes, you didn't see a body, but you saw a stomach on a table.
Speaker 1: Jesus, yes, you and I are day And it looks like a little purse. Yeah, okay, he looks like a purse. And he's like, you know, people say it can hold four leaders. Let's see this one. You know, he was able to get two leaders into it of water.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, when it's not live, it's tenser, it doesn't spare in the same way. But he's showing it, and I was like, I don't know, I'm just I'm intrigued, and it's weird how the stomach is like on the side, kind of like how the hard.
Speaker 1: Your stomach your purse, My purse hurts.
Speaker 2: So just like I don't know, it was getting into that. Maybe right now we should pivot back to the threads I wanted to give you.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's wrap up with the threads. The first one I was going to wrap up with sunscreen.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Charlotte A Due says here, so she does it to reapply over makeup because the two hour thing. Okay, okay, because that's going to be a huge You're going to resist that if you've really done makeup, foundation, brush it, even blend gently paint paint pint paint paint right over the top. This also holds true for just doing it on top of your makeup, should you decide to do it that way, I feel I mean, okay, whatever, I thought that was compelling, and it is compelling.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to think. God, it's hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just like, how do you reapply?
Speaker 1: How to reapply? I mean, do you want to know how I'm managing sunscreen in every everywhere? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like the sprits, which I have to re incorporate.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: By the way, that is one of the principles and tips offered in this book I'm reading Organizing Me A to D Way whatever.
Speaker 3: I'll post the exact book. Yeah, are you ready? So what might seem like like I'm just telling you this is huge?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: And like her her, I started wildly sending you like screen grabs because.
Speaker 1: I think it's what we're talking about. I miss them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was like, she's not reading these okay because she using her mind. Or I was like but I was like panicked and like being the right one, or I didn't even rerite ones. I didn't even read it, so go back and look at it.
Speaker 3: So she it's exactly the thing we talked about way back where I was like I need you.
Speaker 1: Sent me a lot of little okay, sorry, I will look at this. I was like, I want someone with a PhD to organize my house. I need them.
Speaker 3: It cannot be just good organization. There is so and she fucking gets.
Speaker 2: It, okay, And she's like, that's this kind of organization is not add appropriate.
Speaker 1: It's not okay.
Speaker 2: So she's she's using that kind of language like this is not appropriate, Like this is not ADHD appropriate.
Speaker 1: So you know she gives so.
Speaker 3: So basically, efficiency must.
Speaker 2: Be primary, okay, because it takes extra effort to do anything with Addbree. Basically, okay, it needs to be really easy or basically we won't do it.
Speaker 1: It sounds right, okay.
Speaker 2: Things you should prioritize things being easier to put away over.
Speaker 3: Worrying about it being difficult to retrieve.
Speaker 2: Okay, because you're motivated at the beginning of a task, so you'll hunt for the plate whatever. Of course, reach further back as you're excited, because I want to make ice cream now, Okay, yeah, finishing tasks in quote, finishing tasks is a huge thing. That is, you are burnt out at that point and there's no motivation.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So so the only things that get put away for me are like it's in my hand and I can just reach and put it on the shelf. I've got masngers filled with you know, dried beans and spices now on these magnetic things on the side of my fridge, and they get put away every single time because I just put it back there on the fridge.
Speaker 1: Okay, just boom. Okay.
Speaker 3: So so part of that is no crossing room.
Speaker 2: Okay, you shouldn't have to cross a room to whatever throw the thing out, because you'll get distracted.
Speaker 1: On the way. And that's real.
Speaker 2: Crossing rooms is a huge So sometimes I will plant my feet somewhere and not allow myself to move while doing a task to clean things in that area.
Speaker 3: Anyway, No storing the thing in the basement. Okay, well, doesn't you.
Speaker 2: Go down to the basement to get the paper towels. You see a project that needs to be finished, you do all that. Then you're into the other thing.
Speaker 1: That I relate to that deeply. But Jack, let's talk about our little foreman exercise the other day. Oh my god, how cute that was. Yes, we were both having paralysis, yeah, separately across the city.
Speaker 2: I am able to Okay, I can fly into action when I have a like I mean, I can fly into like. Well, Kate, I have a strategy. Do you want to apply it with me? I get excited and so I go, we're gonna do I'm doing time sessions. Oh yeah, about these visual timers. I bought this ticking timer, like a kitchen timer. I've got going right now, a little dinosaur on it, so it's like friendly, you know, I'm trying to live. So on text, we were like I'm like, all right, let's do five minutes time four? Oh yeah, oh yeah, I four. I can't commit to yeah five minutes.
Speaker 1: And you helped me. It was like I was like, I have to fold the laundry.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It was like I went from being frozen, got so much done.
Speaker 3: So then you were liked a lot.
Speaker 2: So I go timers up okay, and you're like, oh my god, you know, and you're like, okay, let's do like longer, like ten minutes. I'm like, Kate, okay, I'm not ready for that, because it's got to be like doable. I'm like, I need another Okay five, you know, five towards the task whatever. You're soaring, you're running around and we we we got like an hour of shit done.
Speaker 1: I coudn't believe timing together. Everything was Yeah, got a lot done, got a lot done together. I'm looking at the flowers that you brought me. I love you, I love you.
Speaker 2: We have to go wait there's okay, wait wait, unfinished thing. Okay, a TV principles I can share over the coming weeks. Yeah, what were the other unfinished sprouts and meal prep? There's no time and you're you're you're burnt. You're burnt.
Speaker 1: We did I'm not gonna waste on you now. Yeah, thank you next week. Yeah, I can't wait. Bye bye, love you you. That was pood. If you enjoyed Pooh, please subscribe, rate and review. If not, we will press charges. Pooh is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money.
Speaker 3: Players and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Creative and hosted by Kate Berlant and Jacqueline Novak.
Speaker 1: Executive produced by Lyra Smith, Edited and mixed by Ali Graham. Music by Theta Hamil. Artwork by Robert Batty.
Speaker 2: Follow Poog on Instagram, at Poog Podcast, or on TikTok at This is Poog.