Speaker 1: Welcome everyone.
Speaker 2: It is the local Tony Dealers KSR postgame show. The Cats get their first NCAA Tournament first round win, only their second NCAA tournament win since twenty nineteen, with a big victory this evening against Troy to move to the second round of the tournament. Seventy nine fifty nine. We are here in Milwaukee, myself and Ryan Lemon getting ready for the next hour to be with you to celebrate a number of important moments for Kentucky.
Speaker 1: First of all, they win, go to the second round. Two.
Speaker 2: It is Mark Pope's first ever win in the NCAA tournament, and he celebrated exactly like he should have, which was with joy and happiness, Ryan Lemon, and it was good to see.
Speaker 3: Well you said he thought he kind of choked up even a little bit when he was talking about it. Big big night for him to get his first coaching win in the NCAA tournament at his Almamel order where it means so much to this fan base. I can see why you gouty a little choked up tonight.
Speaker 2: Yes, he should have it. It was a really neat victory and the Cats get to win. I have to tell you we're sitting here, Ryan, set us up right next to the cornhole table, yep. And there's a man who's walked over here. He is playing a game of corn hole by himself. There's no one else here. Okay, Now he's walking.
Speaker 3: Away, and he was doing play by pa.
Speaker 1: He was doing play by play of his own corn hole throws. He is. Now that's great.
Speaker 2: He came, he threw both sets of bags, narrated it, and then just walked away. You gotta love that competence. All right, So let's let's talk about the game. But then where we are after that? Cats started out It actually went, if I may, if I do say so myself, exactly like I said it would on the show. Stayed close at the beginning, yep, got it to eight at halftime, we kept the lead, kind of extend it back, extend it back, ended up winning by twenty. Really, it was a game Ryan that I think we're two big runs. I mean, ultimately that's there were two big runs. We made a huge run at the end. The first half went from twenty five to twenty four to an eight point lead, and then in the second half it was basically eight to ten point lead, and we extended it twenty in about a minute and a half run.
Speaker 1: Those were really the two that's the two keys of the game.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if Draft Kings had it that that rum is gonna be sparked by Colin Chandler and Brandon Garrison. They had like every point in that one run. Midway through the second half, Channeler comes off just bombing, bombing, and you could tell he hit that first one, he couldn't wait to shoot the second one.
Speaker 2: Yes, and otego away. All three guys, by the way, who will be back next year?
Speaker 3: We'll be back, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I noticed when they were on the when they were on the podium, the three guys that were up there are all guys that in that hopefully, and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't would be back next year.
Speaker 1: Which would be very, very exciting.
Speaker 2: So, you know, I thought Troy played really great defense, and I actually thought Kentucky played really good defense back offensively missed a lot of layups. At one point it was nine for seventeen for the line. I think they finished maybe eight for nineteen. Lot of layups they missed.
Speaker 3: I don't know how many two footers that Pooramari just could not get to go down. Why didn't he just dunk it? You're close, you're bigger and strong in those guys, just throw it down, son, because he missed a bunch of two foot.
Speaker 2: He missed a bunch. Now, we found out after the game that he had a back injury. Didn't know that until I heard he hurt his back in practice yesterday. And so by hurting his back in practice yesterday, it clearly had an impact.
Speaker 1: That might explain why he didn't dunk it as much.
Speaker 3: I think. So, you know, he had the one we went coast to coast and threw it down. That a great play, That was a great play, But he just didn't seem himself and maybe that's why. Maybe the back was bothering him little bit. But I heard coach Pope say in the post game he came out of the game. Okay, I guess that means they felt like it didn't get any worse.
Speaker 2: Hey, By the way, if you hear the back, he came back to narrate his own play by play. Yeah, so, and he's brought other people, so he may be here a while. I think, uh so, you may just get that sound in the background. That's the way it's gonna be. He's clearly an animated fellow, wouldn't you say?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: And I get to see him actually throw the corn hole.
Speaker 2: He does a lot of he does a lot of talking. Now, Colin cham Well, first of all, always the key to the game. I mean, Oway played awesome and he was eight for thirteen from the field, scored when we needed it. Yeah, whenever there was a time that we weren't getting a bucket, he was the one. He was the one that would get it.
Speaker 3: You're right, when they needed a bucket, O Way went and got the bucket. He carried him a lot in the first half. Him and Andrew Carr kind of carried him in the first half. Second half, Like I said, the run was Chandler, and of all they Brandon Garrison, who hit another three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean to do though, when he took the two in the first half, I was like, all right, man, it's all right.
Speaker 1: He settled down, he's confident.
Speaker 3: He kept firing of Matt.
Speaker 1: And then Colin Chandler.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I sort of wondered why he didn't get the Travis Perry minutes in the first half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I was like why aren't they going with him?
Speaker 2: And then the second half he just completely kids, getting more and more confident by the day.
Speaker 1: And I love the way he can play offense.
Speaker 3: You know, when he brings that to the table. He just we thought he was just gonna be a deepit to specialist, but now he's found the offensive game where he's earned more minutes. I do want to point out too, Trent, Noah's three kind of sparked us in the first half, that kind of let.
Speaker 2: Us on the first I actually think that was the biggest shot of the game. You do you Yeah, yeah, it was twenty five twenty four.
Speaker 1: We were stuck in a rut.
Speaker 2: It was like, we're up too, we're up four, we're up too, we're up one, and then that was the three that got it to four.
Speaker 1: And then they came down and then the.
Speaker 2: Next posent we got a block, I think Amari got.
Speaker 1: A block, and then we came down and Car hit a three.
Speaker 2: That little sequence, yeah, Noah three block Car three gave.
Speaker 1: Us a lead that we didn't give up for the rest of the game.
Speaker 2: So I actually do think that little sequence was probably the most important thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's a good argument because that. I knew it was a big shot when Trent hit it because we were kind of just going in slow motion. I mean, it got I told you this way after the game, said it kind of got boring there a little time. But you said, but we wanted it to.
Speaker 1: Why did you have wanted this game to be be exciting. We want this game to be boring. We wanted to.
Speaker 2: Win without I mean, Troy plays a style that it's going to be very hard to get explosive runs against. Yeah, I mean they basically were saying we're They took the opposite approach I thought they would. I thought they'd be like, we're not letting you score in the beat us from three. They took the opposite We're not gonna let you beat us from three, try to score in.
Speaker 1: The pay and we just missed a tonne of layup.
Speaker 3: We just missed.
Speaker 2: They did not double when we when they went to the bigs didn't double, and then our guys just couldn't finish.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought, Lamar is just gonna eat all day. I just thought he's gonna end up with like thirty points and twenty rebound where they would started out.
Speaker 2: I actually respect the decision, and honestly, if we had not left their bigs open, they might not have scored. Like their threes were their bigs getting shots, which we knew coming in the game.
Speaker 1: That's what they were the best at the.
Speaker 3: Oh, their best three point shooter. It was their big guy, their six eight guy that they had out there. So I know, just because to me kind of a relief you get that first win.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would definitely say it's a release. Yeah, this fan base was very nervous.
Speaker 1: An I mean I was very nervous as you were. I walked out of the arena as soon as it started. What are you laughing about?
Speaker 3: I mean it was the first game for Pope's career in the NCAE term. You could have stuck around for maybe the first TV time out. I watched it, Okay, do you.
Speaker 1: Want to know where I watched it? Where you? Saint Kate's Art Hotel?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: You did? The team walk to.
Speaker 2: The team hotel, very nice hotel and stood in the bar and watched it. There was a main there was like a main television that they had.
Speaker 1: Marquette was playing.
Speaker 2: Yes, so they had the Marquette game on and the people were into the MARKETE game.
Speaker 1: There's a little side television. I could just go back.
Speaker 2: There and stand and watch Kentucky and it was left alone and watch the whole.
Speaker 3: Game then, So even though you had a pass at the arena was right around the corner, you chose to watch it in a corner in this eclectic bar.
Speaker 2: It was an eclectic It was the team hotel. I went to the officials, kind of hotectic.
Speaker 1: They were not there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can I also point something out about the way these guys are playing corn hoe? They're not playing it the correct way.
Speaker 2: I don't think they know they're supposed to stand on the same side. You see what they're doing, Like he's throwing it that way, and he's throwing it that way. But they're supposed to be on the same side, throwing against each other.
Speaker 1: Do you think they know that?
Speaker 3: Well, maybe these are Milwaukee rules. Do you think I.
Speaker 1: Should tell them? No?
Speaker 3: No, Yes, I'd let him go.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh, hell, here we go, sir, sir? Can I borrow you just a second. I'm on the radio. I need you on here for just a second. No cussing. Okay, I don't know if you cuss, but you cannot cuss, all right?
Speaker 1: What is your name, sir, My name is Kevin. Kevin. Where do you are? You from Milwaukee? Kevin is from Milwaukee, Wisconsant.
Speaker 2: Okay, Kevin, you're playing cornhole here. I don't think you know the rules.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna explain to you. You and your friend going against each other. You're both supposed to be on the same side, because then the point at cornhole is he throws the orange bag, then you throw next you try to knock his bag off. You see what I'm saying. You're not supposed to be on opposite sides. You're supposed to both be on this side. Then you come here and you both go to this side. Then you come here and you both.
Speaker 1: Go to that side.
Speaker 4: So they've been cheating.
Speaker 2: No, they haven't been cheating. It's just you're not playing the like you're like how they're playing. See how they're all on the same side. Yeah, you guys both want to be on the same side because you are, you're playing.
Speaker 1: Against each other. Yeah, so you you have to be on the same side and throw it to that side.
Speaker 2: Kevin, Wait a minute, do you wanna this is a huge odd listening. What do you want to tell them? Anything about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my name is Kevin Wedgeworth.
Speaker 4: I am a hard, motivating, independent, driven black man that is trying to put this ball inside.
Speaker 1: Of this hole, put the bag and all okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is my first high and I've never been to this Third Street market since it's been the Grand and I'm gonna tell you firsthand, this is amazing that they experience, the.
Speaker 1: Food, the culture is just too much. We're from Kentucky. What do you know?
Speaker 3: We're Kentucky. We're here.
Speaker 2: Kentucky basketball is playing in tech cool and they won tonight.
Speaker 1: So do you have a message for the people of Kentucky? Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, Marquette lost, I know, but Kentucky won.
Speaker 3: I can be damned of Kentucky.
Speaker 1: All right, do you know the rules now? You're ready to play? I definitely got the rules now, and I'm good luck. All right, all right, thank you very much. There you go. There it is.
Speaker 2: Do you feel I feel like I did a good deed? I taught him the rules. I taught him the rules of cornhole.
Speaker 3: You know, we've seen and heard and done some crazy things on these postgame basketball shows, but you teaching rules to the guys about how to play cornhole.
Speaker 1: We it was bothering me that I didn't feel like they knew how to play.
Speaker 3: You know, I think they're just in it for the fun, you know.
Speaker 2: But now they can play better because they can not. Look, now he's gonna explain the rules to his friends. See, Billy, I think I did something positive didn't know.
Speaker 3: I think you changed his life.
Speaker 1: I think I made his life better.
Speaker 3: Yes, by explaining to him the rules of he is now telling his buddies.
Speaker 1: See. Now, look that this whole group of people.
Speaker 2: Now knows how to play one of America's pastimes, and before they didn't know how to play.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, as you can see it going on right, You very much.
Speaker 2: Ryan for putting us right here for the show. A five twenty two eighty seven. Kentucky will play the winner of Illinois and Xavier. Right now, Illinois leads thirty five third. I'm gonna tell you folks watching it at home, not because of who's good and who's bad.
Speaker 1: I'm pulling for Savior because Illinois's got a lot of people here. And if we play Illinois Sunday, we're playing a ro gack.
Speaker 3: That arena when we left was probably I'm not kidding. Seventy seventy five percent Orange. Very Illinois Orange.
Speaker 2: Very rare for BBN to have. Yes, a road game in the postseason. We'll have one Sunday if we play elect.
Speaker 3: Troy Hardy had anybody, Xavior Hardy had anybody. It was all Troy and Kentucky.
Speaker 1: It was all Illinois Kentucky. I'm sorry, but I think Illinois had more people.
Speaker 3: Oh about three times many people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll take a break. Be right back. This is the Local Toy Dealers KSR postgame show. Welcome back. It is the Local Toy Dealer's KSR postgame show.
Speaker 2: One person rights on the text machine two seven four five two five four. This is exactly how Kentucky's first win in the last couple of years in the tournament should be.
Speaker 3: Uh, you may need to have another conversation with him. Why they don't know how to keep scoring?
Speaker 1: Okay, come here, Kevin, Kevin, come here. I want to teach Kevin. Kevin.
Speaker 2: You know I gotta teach you how to keep scoring real quick. Okay, all right, so put that put that back on, Kevin. Here's how you do both, all right. So the way you go if you're going against him, you have the orange bag. You throw the first one, okay, cool, and then he throws one.
Speaker 1: Cool. Then you throw one, then he throws one.
Speaker 2: Oh and at the end, if the ball went in the hole, two points or the bag, if it's left on the board, it's one. So he throws one, then you throw it. You try to knock him off? Sure, yes, so do I knock my You want to keep yours off? You're going against him, You're trying to knock his bags off.
Speaker 1: He's beat it. So he's not my teammate.
Speaker 2: Well not if he's on the same side as you. You're going against each other, like you. Your teammate needs to be over there.
Speaker 4: You see, my god, we sitting here playing love boat, and it's totally not that.
Speaker 2: It's not love vote. No, my god, it's like it's like battle box. You're going to get he that's your enemy right there.
Speaker 1: I don't want him. You don't want him to be your enemy. Now you wouldn't be your friend? Well, yeah, because I got to go against them.
Speaker 2: No, no, you he needs to be over there, and one of them needs to be over here.
Speaker 1: Showtime, showtime, Yeah, showtime. There we go showtime.
Speaker 3: So him and his teammate are on the same end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't know. I don't know if they know how to play. But that's okay. It looks like they're having fun.
Speaker 3: They're having tons of fun, and so is everybody. Who's right, everybody.
Speaker 1: Else is having fun.
Speaker 2: Me, most of these last few postgame shows have me been depressed, trying to figure out whether or not to say John cal Perry needs to go. And now I'm with Kevin and I'm talking cornhole and it's a much more positive time.
Speaker 3: Hey, last year, at this time that postgame show, you did say it was time for John Caller Perry to go, remember.
Speaker 2: Now, and it was a very difficult decision. Illinois is up thirty seven to thirty five on Xavier. Just real quick before we go the phones. When it comes to time of the game, okay, we do not know what time Kentucky's gonna play.
Speaker 1: We will know when all the games are over. Tonight.
Speaker 2: Looks like Illinois is gonna lead by five at half time. Here's my prediction. Right, if Yukon wins, then that means in Raleigh they'll have Florida Yukon and Duke Baylor on CBS the early games. The two early games are standalone, right, I think that duo of games will They'll probably put those at twelve and two thirty, which I think means Kentucky will play at five. If, however, Yukon were to lose to Oklahoma, then I think what they would do is put us at two thirty, Duke at five.
Speaker 1: Just my prediction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if Yukon wins, then I would guess we play at five. If Yukon loses, I would guess we play at two thirty because I think, no matter what, the Duke and Kentucky game are gonna be either at two thirty or five because CBS is gonna want those games and it's position.
Speaker 3: So from the Milwaukee session, you think our game would be before the Iowa State game? Either way?
Speaker 1: You just I think no.
Speaker 2: I think if Yukon wins, it'll be before Iowa State.
Speaker 1: If Yukon loses, I.
Speaker 3: Think we'd be the second be the second game.
Speaker 1: But again I'm guessing.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to act like I'm a TV programmer right now. I should have never taught these people are going absolutely crazy.
Speaker 1: Look at me. We have Kevin created, We have created an absolute circus here right living.
Speaker 3: Uh they've got used to go those the teams split up correctly.
Speaker 1: Shannon is just laughing over there. Can you believe this.
Speaker 3: Is UK fans over here?
Speaker 2: No, we're out of control. What else could you want out of Friday night? When you beat Troy in the tournament?
Speaker 3: Who's up first? Nick?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 5: Nick?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, there we go tonight doing great? Hey, uh, is there any chance I can speak to Kevin?
Speaker 1: No? No, Kevin's he's he's he's up in the game.
Speaker 6: Now, that's pretty good. Hey, two things. One, they're not calling fouls, so I hope Kentucky's ready to come out solid on And also, Matt, do you know what time they play on Sunday? I'm just curious, guys or not.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the call. I think that's an important point about the fouls. We've been watching games for a day and a half. They're not calling as near. They are not calling fouls, and they're not calling fouls and the game is not as physical as in the SEC. I think the SEC's got to look at itself in the mirror.
Speaker 3: Somehow.
Speaker 2: The SEC has found itself in very physical games with a ton of foul calls. These are not these games are they're not as physical, they're not calling fouls. Kentucky, I think, actually plays all right in that scenario.
Speaker 1: But they have to kind of be ready for it.
Speaker 3: It's been interesting to hear the last month Coach Pope talk about how they had to learn how to play in this more physical league.
Speaker 1: The SEC.
Speaker 3: Well, now it's away because they're letting everything go, especially like the end of the end of the half, end of the game. Man, they're not they're swallowing their whistles.
Speaker 2: I mean, the SEC is going to finish eight and six, probably if Oklahoma lose is on the on the first two days of games. In my opinion, the SEC had seven really good teams and then Arkansas became the eighth at the end of the year. I genuinely believe Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky, Old miss and whom I missing, Texas, A and M we're all very good. I thought Mississippi State was good but got worse. And I think Arkansas wasn't good but got better. And I think, honestly, are eight good teams advanced and it's looking like the other six are not going.
Speaker 3: To I gotta look at my brackets when I get home at how many are gonna make it to the Sweet sixteen?
Speaker 2: How I think we will get I think we'll get four and then we would be the fifth.
Speaker 1: So are we going to win?
Speaker 2: I mean I think I think Florida, Auburn, Alabama, and Tennessee are all gonna win. So we'll either get It'll be up to us to get the fifth because I think Old Miss will will lose to Iowa State.
Speaker 1: I think Uh johns Arkansas, I mean they could win that game. Yeah, I'll say six.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think either Arkansas beats Saint John's or Old Miss beats Ila State.
Speaker 1: I do not think uh uh Texas.
Speaker 2: At Who's Texas and m play well they could win too, Honestly, Yeah, I any of those teams could win.
Speaker 3: To be quite frank with you, we're not gonna get eight.
Speaker 1: But it's not crazy.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. It just gets six out of sixteen.
Speaker 1: They played Michigan, who so ain a place? See.
Speaker 2: I think that's a toss up at him in Michigan, tacon I think us in Illinois, to be quite frank with you, is probably a toss up. I think Saint John's favorite against Arkansas, But I could see him winning and Ohio State, excuse me, Ioa State's gonna be favorite against Old Miss, but I could see them winning if they play, if they play well.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be fun a couple of days here.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry for Shannon and Vandy over here, because that was they were up twelve.
Speaker 3: Shannon called that game perfectly. He knew. He said, Danni's gonna jump out of a head to get about dinner twelve points and then they'll blow the lead in the second half. That's exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: Everybody in this world should be as happy as these as Kevin and his friends.
Speaker 1: Are now playing.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tweet a picture now of me and Kevin so that people can see what he looks like.
Speaker 1: Mario took a picture. All right, Who's up next?
Speaker 3: Skyler?
Speaker 1: Skyler? Go ahead, Skyler?
Speaker 7: Hey, Skyler, Dean want to shout out doctor Greg Robinson. Hey, Matt, I'm curious. Did you think we were operating at like sixty percent pace throughout that entire game? I mean, not just the pace of the game, but like energy level. I just felt like we were a little bit draggy. And I'm not complaining. I'm happy that we got Cali Perry off our back. I mean that monkey of winless winless couple of years ago.
Speaker 8: But what'd you think.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think we were at the beginning a little bit like that. But I think, honestly Troy does that to you. I appreciate the call. I think at the beginning of the game rhyme, we were we were trying to push tempo and it was leading us to eight bad shots that we're missing. I think we started one for eight from three. I think then we started playing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Then we started playing the tempo they wanted, and oddly we played better in that tempo. But it may have looked like we were dragging because they kind of dictated the tempo a lot in this game.
Speaker 3: They did, to their credit, they did a good job of slowing it down, trying of making a half court game as much as possible. And then once then let's start. Like you said, when Noah hit the three, when once you finally got some threes going down, it was hard to get that momentum to stop for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think it was like, I mean, look, this team is very wounded, Butler is clearly playing hurt. Amar Amari was playing hurt tonight. Apparently Travis Perry is playing hurt. Yeah, you know this is a I mean, this is a mash unit of a team that you just have to hope gets through game by game.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think Butler scored a point tonight. You can tell you get shot a couple of shots, had open looks and missed him bad.
Speaker 1: So missed a couple of layups.
Speaker 3: Missed a couple of aps. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we still need him out there.
Speaker 3: We're just so much better when he's on the floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Michigan State leads Bryan by two. Bryant trying to be the only right now, none of the top four.
Speaker 1: Seeds have lost.
Speaker 3: He's gotta been chalky, been very chalky.
Speaker 2: I mean, your only two upsets are McNeice and Colorado State, which were games a lot of people picked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so who's up next? Butler's next?
Speaker 3: Butler?
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Butler, Hey guys, go Cats.
Speaker 1: Go Cats.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Absolutely, My thing is and I hate saying this. That breaks my heart because Butler's my favorite player. Obviously, does it not seem like we're playing better when he's not on the floor, And now since he's injured, because he You can watch him his left shoulder and his left arm. He don't move it much until he goes to shoot, and when he shoots, he misses. His defensive presence obviously helps us. I mean, but it's his offensive presence is a third. Now, are we're not doing better with him on the bench. I hate saying that.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. And especially when we play let's say we play Illinois. I mean, I appreciate the call that you know, they got a top ten pick on their team. Butler and no Where are gonna probably take terms guardening. I love Travis Fear. He can't guard that guy, right, No, he can't.
Speaker 1: No, he cannot.
Speaker 2: Noah can't guard that guy. That can't guard that guy. I mean so no. Now does he maybe hurt us a little bit offensively? Maybe? But the pick up on defense? What what what I think is underrated is how well he played against the conference player of the year, Yes, per Troy, their point guard when he guarded him.
Speaker 1: The only run that guy had was when we substituted in took Butler out.
Speaker 3: Even tonight, Troy's best player really was their point guard. Do you remember your point guard? Hurting it all tonight didn't. That's because of Lamont Butler. I think he ended up Maye with ten or twelve points, but he did nothing to really hurt us tonight. That's that's why you have Butler on the court.
Speaker 2: By the way, I gave you the wrong rules are supposed to be three points in the hole, which I think I said too.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I think they're enjoying it. Yeah, there's no reason.
Speaker 3: Dude, No, since messed with them. Now, they're in a groove right now.
Speaker 2: They are in a groove, and I'm not sure they're playing by the rules anyway.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, cornhole, you can come up with your own rules as you go along. You know, you have a like did you call it a hanger?
Speaker 2: Why did you pick this spot? I mean like literally, I think you picked the loudest spot.
Speaker 3: We had two private rooms that are really nice, but nobody was gonna be around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 2: Wanted a little on Beyonce, but you ended up putting us in the thunderdome.
Speaker 3: HEU you've got I'm Beyonce. You wanted, we got you some ambiance.
Speaker 1: To have some ambiyonce, that's for sure. I think one of them is good.
Speaker 2: Shane's gonna get hit by one of these bags, these wayward bags.
Speaker 1: Who's next.
Speaker 10: Nobody has screamed this much playing the sport of cornhole in there.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of screaming. Go ahead, soul train, soul trained. How are you? What's going on?
Speaker 11: Matt Does and company.
Speaker 1: And go up through Dolu.
Speaker 8: That's right, you know, hey man, let me tell you me.
Speaker 11: And my girlfriend step that he was watching the game and he was saying, to be uh, as long as Kentucky plays, you know, you know, don't play at a high tempo and play at you know, just be patient. They get good shots, and they made a lot of good shots when they were like patient and everything. I am very proud of them. This is you know, this is a great win for them. Take it one game at a time. But what do you think. Do you think Kentucky is real good at being you know, playing at a hot tempo or should they like well, you know.
Speaker 2: It depends on who they're playing against. I mean, I appreciate the call. You know, earlier this year I thought teams had slowed us down, really hurt us. And then it's like we found something in the Tennessee game to where we did better against teams like that when we played fasted both teams like Alabama.
Speaker 1: We got to run off the court. So I don't really know, to be honest with.
Speaker 3: You, they are kind of hard to figure out because they did. I guess I know who won. I guess I know who just won that game. I don't even heard what I'm saying. How are we talking about? Tempos?
Speaker 1: Senior is absolute insanity. I mean, Philly, have you ever heard a cornhole game with as much inside? It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. I wish you could see Kevin. He dances before every throw. Mario, I'm sure we'll film some of it here the Kevin corner. He said what he said, I'm an independent, motivated black man, is what he said. I mean, that's what he said. Oh my goodness, Mark Pope's.
Speaker 1: Market is what Mark Pope is.
Speaker 2: I saw his wife, and his wife just gave me a hug and said, we are so happy for what you all do.
Speaker 1: I have this dream that they are.
Speaker 2: Like driving down the road right now, turning the show on to go.
Speaker 3: What does everybody saying in there, here's listen to our fans after the big win we just got against Troy.
Speaker 2: By the way, did you see the picture that I took of the two of them?
Speaker 3: Oh, Mark, and yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think this is like an award winning picture.
Speaker 3: That is a really good picture that really really really good people. Wall showed it.
Speaker 1: To her, Yeah, I said, and she was like, oh, and I thought, Dare, Yeah, Yeah, let's get Drew ahead.
Speaker 2: Set here twenty eighty seven. Here you go, Drew, Who's next? Stub stub go ahead, stub.
Speaker 5: Matth.
Speaker 8: A long time ago, I had a coach tell me.
Speaker 12: He said, Michael, if you're going to be successful.
Speaker 6: You need to have a belief to be bleep.
Speaker 12: And I can't say it, but it starts as mother. He said, you need to have one on your teams. Well, tonight, Amari Williams and Brandon Garrison were those. They had eighteen point nineteen rebounds sixth or fifth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the nineteen rebounds were huge.
Speaker 2: I mean, remember this is it one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the country. And you know we didn't. We gave up a couple, but we didn't. They didn't really crush us. And so you're right, I do think those guys were big.
Speaker 5: That's all I got.
Speaker 1: Have a good one, buddy, appreciate it. Drew has just coming. First of all, Drew, you've missed quite a scene.
Speaker 10: I was listening on my fifteen minute walk and I'm like, do I really want to keep walking towards this?
Speaker 1: Yes? I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty well explain.
Speaker 1: I say, we're trying to play love boat over here. I don't even know what that says. I don't know what it means to play love boat, but he did say that real quick. What did you think of the game? Actually? Try had eleven offense, very bats moore than I realized. But go ahead.
Speaker 10: I don't know what's already been addressed. But for fifteen minutes of a game, I don't think I took a breath. It was very uncomfortable in there. And then Sweet Mountain Angel Baby hit the corner three and.
Speaker 1: That ten o run.
Speaker 10: Even though there was a second half run a lot of basketball left, that was the cushion we all needed to excel completely change the game. And just now in the postgame comments, of course, playing to the Kentucky crowd, he told Jack Pilgrim, I pretended to be malink monk on my mini hoop hitting that shot in between at halftime of March Madness games on TV, so that just ate it. Every one had trit Noah said, I took that shot many times as Malik Monk on my mini hoop, so I know there was a lot more to the game, but that run changed everything, ending with Mario's coast to coast dunk that I think was the real player of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two runs right at the in the first half, and then the Colin Chandler run. Yeah, I mean I think those are the two runs that ultimately that ultimately got us victory.
Speaker 1: Were you glad they got to play the walk Ons Yes.
Speaker 3: I wish they would play the walk Ons more. They practiced. They would have you practice. Why can't you put him at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: They've even won over like like Angrys, like even angry cynical.
Speaker 3: Shannon is class.
Speaker 1: And that's his first smile this weekend.
Speaker 2: I think he smiled since we got here Wednesday, and look at him smiling now.
Speaker 3: He loved it. Well, how can you not love what Kevin goes the throw?
Speaker 2: Yes, these guys are awesome, an independent motivated black man. Kevin, it's what he said, and now I just tweeted out the picture Mario.
Speaker 1: Do you have a video of Mario? Do you have a video of his pre shot routine, his pre shot routine. You've to get a video. Yeah, that's not bo This is a great content. Go live on Instagram. Yeah, go live on Instagram. Show everybody, Kelly, Yes, go live on Instagram. KSR the show.
Speaker 2: Wait till it's his turn again, Mario, Wait and then go live on Instagram.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take a break and be right back.
Speaker 2: It's the Local Toy Dealers KSR Postgame Show.
Speaker 1: Welcome back. It is the Lot Toy Dealers KSR Postgame Show. And an update.
Speaker 2: Shannon has teamed up with Kevin to take on two strangers in Cornhole. Mario is filming it on the KSR the show page. Exactly what you thought would happen. Randy tweeted in Drew and said, I turned on the postgame show to hear about the game, not stupid corn hole.
Speaker 1: I turned it off, and I responded, shut up.
Speaker 10: Right, I got admit. I think this is awesome. Like I said, I was listening on my walk over. I started to run because I didn't want to miss out on the on the scene.
Speaker 2: One serious thing that I'm going to try to do amongst this chaos. UK legend Vernonhattan passed away. Yes, the team actually apparently and saw him.
Speaker 1: This was it this.
Speaker 3: Week before, I think Mark said before they came to Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: So this week and he passed away. Mark mentioned it during the postgame show. A legend of UK basketball. Jersey and the Rafters. One of the greats to ever play.
Speaker 3: In especially you know, he's from Lexington, played at Lafayett High School, was Kentucky mister basketball then was a businessman in Lexington. Just kind of a titan of a man in the lectionary when it comes to when it comes to basketball, and he will be sadly sadly missed.
Speaker 10: That's right, caa champion and I have his autograph on a free inn His shirt. I got to meet him years ago and I happened she had a free Innus shirt in my car and I was like, do you mind if I run out and get this and he signed it.
Speaker 2: And a big shout out to Mark Pope for taking his team this game in I don't think about that. That's that's that's generations of UK players. That's one of the people that built the program. That's a member of maybe the greatest team to ever play here in nineteen ninety six, and now this generation Mark Time, three different generations of UK players together.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, And I think that's what makes Pope's special. He gets it, He understands the lineage of the people that played here to kind of plays that path with everybody else to play now.
Speaker 1: So yes he does. Can I tell you two quick things.
Speaker 2: One an embarrassing thing Shannon and Kevin won and wet Shannon and Shannon's gonna be moving in with Kevin. Right.
Speaker 1: They have this thing where they that you have to do when you ask questions. You know this, huh. You have to say the question.
Speaker 2: You have to say your name and where you're from, right right, So you have to go Matt Jones, Kentucky Sports Radio. The first question was Daryl Bird, but he had already asked a question to the players before Mark got in there, so you only have to say it once. So he had already said his name, so he didn't say his name and did it. The guy hands me the microphone, and then and then the next guy had asked had already asked one too, So two people had gone before me and had already asked.
Speaker 3: A questionified themselves already.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I had not.
Speaker 2: So when I got to Mark, the guy before he to me, Mike said, make sure to say your name and where you're from.
Speaker 1: And I said, Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: Kentucky Sports Radio, and Mark goes, I think we all know who you are. And I was like, Mark's gonna think that I even though nobody else did.
Speaker 3: You're just tholling protocol.
Speaker 1: He told me to say my name.
Speaker 2: I wanted to go, well, wait a minute, he's the one that told me to say my name. Second thing, we're not gonna say, Billy who the media member was. Okay, Billy, not gonna say who the media member was.
Speaker 3: We'll say it.
Speaker 2: But a media member lost it tonight, I mean lost it backstage.
Speaker 1: They didn't.
Speaker 2: So they only give what seven seats on They give like seven seats on the floor.
Speaker 1: Okay. And by the way, I don't know how they decide who they give them. I know I never get one. I know Drew never gets on.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even see half the courts, but like seven people get it.
Speaker 1: Jack got one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh, you know, he's a journal.
Speaker 1: I was up top it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when somebody got but one person didn't give it and that person lost it, I mean lost it. Put on a scene for the Ages backstage for the Ages, and I will say it's not who you think properly, but like for the Ages scene, Drew that still is the talk.
Speaker 1: Of the game in the media world.
Speaker 10: And it worked because they pulled up a chair and found a seat for that person. But it was such a talk around the arena in the second half. You know, Illinois plays next. Some Illinois like young college age kids sit down next to me, have to scoot over let him in, and they are talking about the Kentucky media member.
Speaker 1: It got to like the Illinois people. It was such a big deal. It was for I mean literally, I think otega Oway was more interested in that than the game.
Speaker 3: I had heard that this media member went after a member of the UK Brass.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it was really yelling at any one mirror.
Speaker 13: But you can't, you can't have nothing to do with working the concessions, just you know, to Kevin And by the way, from a stature standpoint, nowhere close to other people in terms of followers and readers and listeners didn't matter.
Speaker 3: Didn't matter.
Speaker 1: It was it was one fun. I was in the back row at the top level.
Speaker 10: I thought, I gotta get on a more popular radio show and a more popular website.
Speaker 1: I'm the last seat in the building.
Speaker 3: Kevin, just hold one.
Speaker 2: Kevin is giving me px chop to his opponents with Shannon all Right, who's up next?
Speaker 1: Kentucky Dale, Kentucky Glee? What's up?
Speaker 5: Hey? Man?
Speaker 14: Hey, I just had a question. I know I'm talking to two people, especially you, that make promises they're asked, can't cast like, uh fade this podcast on Mark's Madness Week. Uh, but uh, I just had a question. I love it, by the way, It's my favorite podcast literally. But also I made I made a promise to all my friends. If Kentucky makes the final four, I have to convert to Mormonism. So how does soaking work?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 8: Do I have to?
Speaker 2: Okay after midnight before we could talk about that. But I appreciate the call. We can't uh we we we can't do that, but I will say there there will be uh, there will be some some excitement if we were to do that. I just want to win the next game. Well, first of all, I wanted to win this game. I'm not gonna say I'll be happy if we lose round two, but when you consider the injuries and everything, for me, this was the game we just had to win.
Speaker 1: Definitely a big sigh of relief.
Speaker 10: I mean, nobody wants to lose in round two, but just getting past this one was huge where we could all excel.
Speaker 1: H Illinois up six.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you right now, I've never been a bigger fan of any team than I am of Xavier right now, because there were more Illinois fans at our game tonight than there uh than Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Fill'll go ahead and tell you the ticket on Sunday if Illinois wins, is going to be one of the hardest tickets for one of these first and second round games ever.
Speaker 3: Because the whole first session was all Iowa State fans. They're going to buy a parent of.
Speaker 2: Tickets, Hannah, Iowa State fans here. There are a ton of Illinois fans here. If it is Illinois, Kentucky and Iowa State, oh Miss does not have many people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are probably some people who are thinking I'm just gonna drive up on Saturday and go to the Sunday game against Illinois.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it gonna be tough. It's gonna be tough. I'm gonna say this. I'm glad Iowa State's in it, so it's not all Illinois. That's true because Illinois had a ton of people there tonight, and I think they're gonna have They're up ten now. I think they're gonna have a ton of people if they play us on.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 10: From my vantage point, I could see every seat in the building beneath me, and there was a lot more orange than blue. I mean, the people that were there were given it their best, but that was one of the lowest turnouts from Kentucky fans for a game like this that I can remember.
Speaker 1: It is definitely one.
Speaker 2: I mean the only one I could think lower was Boise, which was on the other side of the country, but you can expect it there, but this was This was.
Speaker 1: A low one, and I think it'll be interesting.
Speaker 10: Just see what Maybe we need to get Kevin and his friends a ticket and UK shirts.
Speaker 1: They'll bring the noise.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you something. You have just developed a professional cornhole player. He's hitting everything, he's kind of strut he already has a silly You are just you have created a monster.
Speaker 1: He changes this man's life. Yes, you had this up next, Darryl, Daryl, go ahead, Darryl.
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Daryl Green?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Darryl from Bowling Green. I just wanna say, I'm a blessed man. I got my kids and grandkids from Florida and Mayfield here and we are enjoying the game, and they all want to say something already, guys one, two, three, see.
Speaker 1: See there you go. Thank you very much. I appreciate it, glad to see that energy.
Speaker 2: Need to have some of it here, maybe not in this postgame show, where I think there's plenty.
Speaker 1: Of energy buck for Kentucky here on Sunday.
Speaker 3: I wonder what we can do between now and Sunday to help our Kentucky fan base that are here because use more n we Maybe we can recruit Kevin to come and be a part of our fan base, you know not.
Speaker 1: Shannon can't miss Shannon. Shannon's got the Kevin energy now, he can't.
Speaker 3: Miss Marquette got beat may We're gonna recruit all the Marquette people to come be on our side.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh, Channon had another one. They're on fire. Kevin and Shannon are like on fire.
Speaker 1: That's the happiest I've seen Shannon in months. Look at you got any o MEW contracts on you. I think you need to extend some offers. So he's up next, Heather, Heather, go ahead, Heather.
Speaker 15: I think we need to maybe get Kevin to come in the locker room and.
Speaker 16: Do it speak to the guys kind of things.
Speaker 3: Like a little energy in the first hide.
Speaker 1: Yes he is. He's amazing.
Speaker 15: And I was wondering if y'all free the the post game interview with Cope and Butler and we need.
Speaker 1: Was it on television? If it was, I did not see it. No, I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I figured.
Speaker 15: And Hope made a comment that the guys was hanging on by streams, then said that Butler's arms were actually taped together, so it was it was funny.
Speaker 17: And then she.
Speaker 15: Asked about coaching there and he gave a really really touch and safeness of course, and it was.
Speaker 1: A good interview. And yeah, I didn't get to hear it.
Speaker 2: I heard yeah he I mean he did he said that and he then also added this stuff about about Amari in the postgame. Hither I appreciate the call. So I mean this is a wounded group. I mean Butler barely hanging on, Williams hurt, Travis Perry hurt, Jackson out her out. I mean like it's but that also makes it to where you gotta say, listen, it's it's awesome. They keep getting to this point and then we'll see what happens on Saturday. This is I believe they don't miss now and Kevin do not miss.
Speaker 3: They are all fire.
Speaker 1: With one game down, you got to be proud of the bench.
Speaker 10: When we knew Robinson was out, someone had to step up collectively with the bench cover the scoring load at twenty five points four threes. I mean when you get two threes from Colin Chandler, a three from Brandon Garrison, Trent Noah hitting the big three, I mean that went a long way and carrying the scoring load.
Speaker 2: Yukon leads to Oklahoma forty two thirty seven, but Oklahoma's gonna have three free throws after the break got fouled on the three. They're trying to make that game close. Oregon's crushing Liberty, Michigan State and Bryant are still close. Xavier is down nine looks like Illinois be who we play. Well, you know, well, I don't know what's gonna happen in that game. If we play Illinois, it's tough for us to guard. They're the main guy, but they can also go ice cold.
Speaker 10: I want to hate him, but I saw our guy coach oh as they started to warm up, and he hit me with our line again.
Speaker 1: So if you don't know a coach tonight again, that's twice Drew.
Speaker 2: They say something that the uh, what's the what's the character session? Logan roy on succession says to his kids a lot that's their greeting and they will scream it at each other across the floor.
Speaker 1: He shouted it from mid court. He calls me Drew Ski and he said Drew Ski and then they say that and we can't say it actually made me feel I haven't seen him since the split.
Speaker 10: You know, I was very critical of that staff, and I've wondered where KSR is with Coacho because we've always liked him. And that went a long way hearing him say that to me, those two words.
Speaker 1: I was on ESPN Milwaukee doing an interview. He saw me. He walked up and hugged me.
Speaker 2: In the middle of the interview, and I just stopped the interview and said I'd missed him and it was nice to see you.
Speaker 3: Guys. Always had a good relationship.
Speaker 1: Love Yes, Orlando and I.
Speaker 2: Orlando was if next to you know, next like Vince Marrow and Peeb probably the person the next person that I was the closest to at UK was probably.
Speaker 3: All And I think, you know, if it was a strong enoughorts could survive the the divorce that happened here.
Speaker 1: Just listen. I think I think Oh loves cow but he knew.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I told him, I hope to see you Sunday, but on the enside, I don't want to see him Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can we make any We'll see Dwayne. Dwayne, go go ahead, Dwayne.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'd like to speak to the commissioner of the Cornhole Association.
Speaker 1: Of I guess I guess it's me, Yes, go ahead, Yeah, great.
Speaker 16: Win by the catch tonight. I was so stressed in the beginning when it was closed, and then we pulled it out. When the sweep Mountain Baby hit that three point I thought that was the I thought that was the change of the game.
Speaker 18: Who as he hit that, we went on a run. And I'm in Kentucky right now and I'm just looking at tickets and I think, if anybody here and wanting to go to the game, buy some tickets and let's get up there and let's get this team to the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I listen, we need everybody to hear that we can get here and we'll we'll know the time of the game, probably in the next hour or so. I think the Oregon game is gonna be last game and it's gonna be a route, so we'll probably know. I would say, we'll know as soon as the the Yukon Oklahoma game is over.
Speaker 1: Very soon after they will they will announce.
Speaker 3: It right Yeah, And like you said the other they're kind of stagger it because they Tony it's for TV.
Speaker 2: Well, the key is they they want their two best games at two thirty and five o'clock. Yep, And they tend to, if history is any indication, want Kentucky and Duke.
Speaker 1: Playing at that time.
Speaker 2: So I just have to assume we get one of them, they get the other one. I just you would think that's the most likely scenario, and.
Speaker 3: A Kentucky Illinois game is a little more attractive than a Kentucky Xavier game, and.
Speaker 2: A Yukon Florida game is very attractive as well. So they have a chance to have three very attractive games on Sunday, and I would guess one of them will be at noon, one of them will be at two thirty, and one them will be at five.
Speaker 3: We'll be one of those three.
Speaker 2: I think we'll be one of those three, and we'll figure out which one it is if I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. We're gonna take a break come back. This is one of the more entertaining and bizarre postgame shows of all time. I said to Ride, of all the places he gonna he shows this, it's ended up being biled. They were a great host for the pregame show too, Ryan Lemon, my man, we'll take a break of very back.
Speaker 1: It's a Local Tourney Dealers k It's all our postgame show walking back.
Speaker 2: It is the Local Tourney Dealers ks R Postgame Show nine twenty two eighty seven. Text Machine seven seven two four five two five four One person Right's Matt. I would have thought the person that blew up about their seat was you. No, I'd never complain about a seat because I don't stay so I can't.
Speaker 1: Be missaw your seat. It looked pretty empty. I can't be mad if nobody gave fight. I have a they gave me a seat upstairs. But like, I'm not gonna the other thing is like, we're pretty I do believe this.
Speaker 2: I mean, if they're gonna give seven seats down low, if you're gonna give it to seven people who are gonna be red or hurt the most, it should be all seven us.
Speaker 1: But I understand that wouldn't be fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at the set we had Jack Pilgrim was down there.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: He's the basketball beat reporter. So I'm good with it. I don't even care if they don't give me seat. We're getting into the games free.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 1: Like with that said, uh, it is funny because people get mad. Now this is the first time I've ever I just I haven't seen it before. I've seen it.
Speaker 2: I've seen a bunch of people over the years get mad.
Speaker 1: This was the worst one in terms of reaction by far. Well.
Speaker 2: I did see one time a national media member lose it even worse than that because they weren't put on.
Speaker 10: The front round the only thing they'll complain about more than seats is if they're not giving free food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, media members can make it difficult to like them. I totally understand why people would feel that way.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we were all sitting down on the first row. We weren't supposed to be sitting. They came and asked us to leave.
Speaker 2: They came and asked all of us to leave. We all left. Mario just stayed.
Speaker 3: Mario just day stayed there. They got to sit there the whole game.
Speaker 1: You know, they stayed there the whole game.
Speaker 10: I went down there and have time to talk to him, but didn't want to blow his cover, so it's just very quick.
Speaker 1: I gave him a wink click, don't move.
Speaker 2: Keep that seat like he was sitting on the opposite side, exactly like where Liam Pope was sitting, exactly the UK.
Speaker 3: We all got it.
Speaker 2: Literally, Billy was the seats for like players, for like coaches, wives and families, and Mario was sitting there.
Speaker 3: He said it was Detroit principal, I mean President Detroit was the president, the athletic director, like Detroit brass teacher.
Speaker 1: Mario was sitting with the Troy administration and.
Speaker 3: He did not move. He had to pee really bad, but who cares?
Speaker 1: Hold it?
Speaker 3: You can't you get up, You're gonna lose your seat.
Speaker 2: And I watched the game at the Saint Kate Art's Hotel, and I will tell you, uh, if you were like a little investigation as to where UK stayed. They have a pizza Uh you make your own pizza place in the lobby.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh it is an art there's like art galleries like all over the place, and there's an ice cream store inside.
Speaker 3: Wow, well, let's just go crash hit.
Speaker 1: That's why do you think I stayed there? But I gotta keep my street going of Mexican food for every meal. I'm foreign. Row.
Speaker 2: You're about to close this down, so we're gonna have to make this the final segment.
Speaker 1: Who's next? Casey? Casey? How are you? Casey?
Speaker 19: I'm pretty good. Matt and the crew, how are y'all doing tonight?
Speaker 1: Doing good?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 19: I've got to ask before I make my shot out tonight and my comment, have you all taught that dude how to play corn hole tonight?
Speaker 1: I think we did. I think we did.
Speaker 3: Became a superstar cornhold.
Speaker 19: He did, So that's what's up. That's how you do it from Kentucky. That's what's up. But I want to give a shout out to Mark Pope and the crew to not getting my first MC double a wind tonight, getting getting that out of the way under the drugs. That's all it meant for me. And tonight we're gonna make a run. Go cap, That's all I have to say.
Speaker 2: Go all right, appreciate the call. Yeah, I hope we do make a run, but we had to have this one. I was thinking to myself when it was twenty five, twenty four or whatever, and I was like, all right, I sometimes go through the one if we lose, And I was like, this will be miserable. I mean, I don't want to lose Sunday, but like you know, if it happens, I think I would blame it more on injuries than anything.
Speaker 1: But you can't lose de Troy and thankfully we did not.
Speaker 10: I think what hurt me even worse when it was twenty five twenty four is the little redhead I talked about and put on my Instagram story had a driving layup that cut it to one, and I'm like, this just has that feeling that we've seen too many times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jacob Polochick played voint guard.
Speaker 3: Well you know last year Jack Goldkies, but just unconned. He was hitting it from everywhere. If they had gotten beat tonight, it would have been I think even worse because they weren't good. They weren't a good team.
Speaker 2: Well that was That was the reason I still wasn't worried about us losing yet is that I didn't really feel like they were good. Yeah, and we were just I mean, we miss shots, but what they didn't you know, I said this on the pregame. The recipe for an upset is to have a team who could make a ton of threes. And they were not that team. And that's that's the way it goes. Oklahoma has now taken the lead on your con telling y'all they're in the dynasty. If Oklahoma that one in Baylor beating Duke, that would be happy Oklahoma. If they won this would be that'd be ninn SEC teams that would make it to the second weekend.
Speaker 3: They're dangerous. You know, we beat them with that last second shot, but the Laho was dangerous.
Speaker 1: Looks like Illinois pulling away from Xavier.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna play a rare roadgate in the NCAA tournament. It will be I can't remember how many times that's happened. What do you think the last time that's happened.
Speaker 3: You may have to go back to Boise because we've always had fans Bois.
Speaker 1: We played Buffalo and David's. It was kind of a neutral group.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody had more trying to think we when we played up here. When we played Marquette in Minneapolis, I think they had more fans than us.
Speaker 1: When Bogan's got hurt. Don't you think.
Speaker 3: That's a good one because that was Wisconsin?
Speaker 1: Do you think it's Wisconsin? We just not have any fans that live up here. Well.
Speaker 10: Also, in addition to Illinois fans, right in front of me and Ryan, there was a group of Wisconsin fans wearing thirty eight and one eat at Kentucky. So there's a lot of Wisconsin fans just here to ton Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I did see a bunch of West Gusts and fans here actually, which I thought was kind of weird. When there were a lot of Marquett people walking around town because they were playing at the same time, and.
Speaker 3: Then the Marquette got beat, so why not they can't jump jump on borderwagon.
Speaker 1: Will be interesting. I would bet the cra I would bet the tickets for that on. I bet there's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be something Sunday.
Speaker 1: I would think Sunday, there's gonna be let's go. Let's see what they are right now.
Speaker 2: Right now, the get in price is two hundred and twenty dollars right now, so we have.
Speaker 10: To think Kentucky fans in Chicago. I feel like most people up here are from Chicago, so they are. They are carrying BBN, at least they did today.
Speaker 1: It's to the Chicago people. All right, we got five on their billy? Is that right? Five? Left? Yep? All right, let's go through him. Who's there, Alex, Alex? Go ahead, Alex?
Speaker 20: Hey, first time?
Speaker 3: Long time?
Speaker 8: Who I was just calling? I found my stay.
Speaker 20: The Broncats team brought it up a law but about a Mari dunk at the ball, and if he had a back injury, I can kind of give him a pass on him. But every time he's in a layup situation, coming from a guy who's one of his greatest athletic a team is a touching top of looper than that, I'm like screaming dunk every time.
Speaker 1: In the second half the last I got.
Speaker 2: I came back in the arena with about six minutes ago, and I sat right behind I took someone's seat and sat right behind Jack Gibbons, and uh, Jack Gibbons.
Speaker 1: Was screaming for amar to dunk. Dunk, I mean screaming for him to dunk.
Speaker 2: And then he did with like two and a half or three minutes to go, and I thought Jack was gonna punch Tom.
Speaker 1: Leech in the face. He gave.
Speaker 2: He gave a fist that I think he nearly in honor of rest in peace. George Foreman got a left hook right there to uh uh. But yes, I appreciate the call. Amary missed a lot of layups. We missed nine layups tonight.
Speaker 3: I heard him scream more than once. You know, just dunk it, big fella, Just go up and dunk it. He had that layup down there in the paint. How did you hear him? You were up in the rafters. Well, wait, I got here early.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, heard list he was plugged in. Okay. I was worried early.
Speaker 10: And Mario threw a great out there like bounce pass to Lamont hit him in stride and he missed a routine layup that the lays lamon.
Speaker 2: Even before his injury, he just misses a lot of layups. I don't know why that.
Speaker 10: Oh for five tonight, a lot of turnovers. Although I saw he had the highest plus minus on the team. I know that Stack can be a little misleady, of course, but he just he wasn't finishing well.
Speaker 1: His defense against that kid. That that that point guard.
Speaker 3: I thought it was huge.
Speaker 2: That is a huge underrated part of him because that was there. That's their best player, and we really didn't hear a lot from him. He was a non factor because because of Lamont. Four more, Who's next, Kristin, Kristin, go ahead, Kristen.
Speaker 17: Oh hey, I've just been watching you all. I didn't know you had Instagram loves, but I noticed Shannon's playing playing cornhole and he's actually pretty hot. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Whoa.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, the ks are thirst level has just gone up. I mean we've had we've had two different people offer their wives, one to me, one to Drew. Now Shannon's hot. Mario had a woman grab his butt today. I mean, like he didn't I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Ryan. This is gonna hit you too.
Speaker 3: Well. You know the picture with me and my belly hanging out. I didn't get the same effect because you guys are getting in the world.
Speaker 14: Yeah, board in there.
Speaker 1: That's that's very nice of you. I will tell that you're you're a fan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the call. How about that?
Speaker 2: S another thing you didn't expect to happen on the local toy dealers case.
Speaker 3: She didn't leave her digits or something for Shannon. She's very thirsty.
Speaker 1: Woman just called you hot on here.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's he said that the first time that's ever happened.
Speaker 1: Oh, Billy's really mad about it. Billy said, don't feed his ego. All right? Three more? Who's next?
Speaker 3: Matt?
Speaker 1: I do like the Billy Shannon rivalry man?
Speaker 8: Go ahead, mad, Yeah, hey, Matt big wain go cat.
Speaker 1: Two things.
Speaker 5: Uh, First, I need to hear from Drew the best Mexican he's had in Milwaukee.
Speaker 10: Actually, this place right here in the Third Street Market. I can't see the sign right now, but if you're ever in Milwaukee, come to Third Street Market and get the tacos.
Speaker 1: Then this Third Street Market it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: It is good.
Speaker 2: Lexington could use a place like this. We were talking about this is probably what they envisioned with Gray Line. But this is like right downtown next to the arena, and this is this is probably what the place what's it called lex Life. This is probably what they wish that was in terms of yeah, this is like a really this is the food here is really good and there's like ten different things.
Speaker 1: So it's it's I recommend it if you come to this. Al sold the casino and what Illinois not not wa condo?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wakanda good casino Mexican. But go ahead, wait a minute, you want me to dump that?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I think I.
Speaker 3: Don't know now, Yeah, Scott to block it.
Speaker 1: Wildcat all the way to July.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna say who it is because I don't want to say it, but someone associated with the team, extended from the team, not a player or a coach.
Speaker 1: Uh. I told Drew Perce said hopefully that was with them before the game. And I got told Drew before the game.
Speaker 2: Drew said something like, you know, this will be the first of many, and the guy goes, yeah, we're going.
Speaker 1: All the way to July.
Speaker 10: Well, He said something like, I enjoy your coverage of the team, and I said, we got six more games in the season.
Speaker 1: He goes, yep, all the way to July and hugged me.
Speaker 2: And that's our slogan for the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: I've really tried to think why he would say that. Why would he say all the way to Jael. I thought there had to be a reason.
Speaker 1: I think he just messed up.
Speaker 2: They messed up, I think, But but that's our thing we've now adopted.
Speaker 1: All the way to July, Scotty, all the way to July.
Speaker 2: These kids dropped this jingle board on me. I'm gonna throw him into the ocean geting away from me.
Speaker 10: We're a long way from the ocean, tumor, Todd. We're next to We're next to Lake Canada. Right, Lake America. I mean it's Lake Michigan, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I think Trump renamed it Lake America. All right, go ahead, Todd, Todd, go ahead, Todd.
Speaker 8: Y'all's conversation kind of anty.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 8: I were surprised that Butler uh didn't have a real good game tonight, but it's glad to see him out there. We didn't by no, means uh stuff the stat sheet and I was surprised he didn't have any points at all. And I wanted to tell you too that my nephew and his wife is there. Should be right there listening live. It's Landon and Laura van Meter. So if you call out their name, they might be there.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, well if we don't have a speaker, so I don't think they can hear us. But they someone said said to me they were here for the pregame, So we appreciate that, and I appreciate the call.
Speaker 1: There were a lot.
Speaker 2: We don't have a speaker, so like you have to, people can't hear us in here Illinois. Now it's seventeen, so it looks like we're gonna play Illinois with that, Drew, I'm I'm not worried about Illinois as a team as much as I am the fact it'll be a road game. But again, they lost by forty to Duke. They also, I think, beat Michigan State like twenty. And I'm telling you kids, if you dont stop with the jinga excuse.
Speaker 10: Matt's gonna beat up a fourteen year old As we hit the post games, you know, you know.
Speaker 1: The matchup is what it is, and we're bade up and hit by these bricks ten times.
Speaker 10: I really have not It's it's gonna be weird because we will be outnumbered, and that's something that we pride ourselves on having a home crowd.
Speaker 1: In neutral sites.
Speaker 10: But there is gonna be more orange, says.
Speaker 1: One less kid, pointing that's.
Speaker 3: The fastest food in years. They ain't hit me with that stupid thing. At least try to keep it. These are like that little bit ging. They're like big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they just keep falling on me.
Speaker 3: They're that close to you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, because Ryan put us in the drop zone.
Speaker 10: And we're not exaggerating. I got hit in the back with the whole stack. Just to say, what more, Who's next? Syndicate, syndicate, Go ahead, syndicate.
Speaker 21: Hey guys, you sound like you guys are having a blast dinner and it is on fire, head Lessington. I haven't seen this type of less excitement in the bars in especially a few years, and it's just great to see all this excitement back in the city. It's a blessing to have it. And I'm asking one question put tomorrow for this Caliperry Platino game.
Speaker 6: Right, who Who's gonna pull it off?
Speaker 21: Who do you guys think is gonna pull it off tomorrow? Because I think this is a huge excitement as well before we play on Sunday, grabbing it up put them all?
Speaker 1: Who you guys are? I mean, well, I'm rooting for Rick. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, Saint John's is better, but like, Arkansas has got great athletes.
Speaker 1: And that I think that's a weird.
Speaker 2: You know, Patino said they will have not played a team nearly as athletic as Arkansas, and that is probably true.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, Drew.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Arkansas hit another level in the last month. And if they have a game from Adu, who's been kind of quiet all year, if he plays anything like you did last night, I mean I think they got a good shot to take down the number two seed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will see, but I'm definitely rooting for Rick. Well, what a postgame show it was.
Speaker 3: If all the post game shows be done, I think it was a good I think people liked We've done some crazy things, We've heard some crazy things, We've seen some crazy thing. This may have topped them all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this reminds me trying to think of what one was like this, it's been a while, but it also so you can't do this if you lose. If you lose, this is a sad, somber like what's happened to Kentucky basketball? Instead we're playing court hoole r kids. It is it's it's it's something else.
Speaker 3: The one we did in Cleveland were ash a barefoot ash that's true, jumped on the table.
Speaker 2: You know what, that's true, Ashley jud taking her shoes off, barefoot, jumping on the table and leading a c at s.
Speaker 1: In the middle of that hotel.
Speaker 3: That one was up there.
Speaker 2: That didies. That that was ground was awesome. That was twenty fifteen r Is it right right? That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Uh well, thank you folks very much for listening.
Speaker 2: I guess the next time you'll hear from us is two hours and a half before whatever time we play on Sunday, which we will not know probably for another forty five minutes or so, so I guess I will see you then. Thank you all very much for listening. Thanks to folks here at Third Street Market.
Speaker 1: For for for.
Speaker 2: Letting us in here, Thanks to Kevin the the the cornhole player, and thank you for nothing to these kids who keep dropping these chingas on me.
Speaker 1: This has been the local Toyota dealers. Yes, post King show all the way did July